Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 212568 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #1800 on: August 25, 2022, 05:56:50 AM »
Trump calls for the GOP to pick a new leader in the senate immediately

Elaine "Coco" Chao  :lol

Also the globalists have uncovered the Batcave
https://twitter.com/OlgaNYC1211/status/1562624557046906886
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:48:54 PM by Nintex »
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1803 on: August 25, 2022, 05:25:50 PM »
RELEASE THE KRAKEN
:O

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1804 on: August 25, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

If you say so.

*Unzips pants*

:smug
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1805 on: August 25, 2022, 06:51:32 PM »
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1806 on: August 25, 2022, 06:53:31 PM »
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

If you say so.

*Unzips pants*

:smug
Kraken, not the calamari ring
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #1807 on: August 25, 2022, 07:27:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1562884301490114562

does he think he's helping

He's just a dumb, aloof old man!  He doesn't know anything about papers and boxes or whatever you're talking about!  :rkelly
...but also a political mastermind of 4D Chess, capable of brokering the best deals, and leveraging America better than anyone in international relations.  :salute
....but also a dumb distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, so don't bother him!  :trumpcry
....but the smartest dumb distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.  :cruise

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1808 on: August 25, 2022, 10:29:57 PM »
Fuck Biden my parents paid for college so what do I get????????????

Propagandhim

« Reply #1809 on: August 25, 2022, 10:53:16 PM »
Don Jr of all people

:lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 08:51:19 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1812 on: August 26, 2022, 01:24:05 PM »
i hope obama puts trump away once and for all.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1813 on: August 26, 2022, 01:45:51 PM »
They released the affidavit heavily redacted which gives both sides just enough to support their version of the story  :lol
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1814 on: August 26, 2022, 01:51:52 PM »
shutup nintex

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1815 on: August 26, 2022, 02:48:29 PM »
They released the affidavit heavily redacted which gives both sides just enough to support their version of the story  :lol
"Both sides"...but it specifically states there is probable cause to charge him on  multiple counts, and that he was housing information he shouldn't have had - and information they thought he gave them back in January.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1816 on: August 26, 2022, 05:20:43 PM »
"Both sides"...but it specifically states there is probable cause to charge him on  multiple counts, and that he was housing information he shouldn't have had - and information they thought he gave them back in January.
Yes that's one side. But the other side
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1563222609172779009

And then there's of course Maggie of the NYT who has probably seen the boxes first hand
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1563214347140493313

But it may all come down to an investigation by the FBI into a woman from Ukraine who poses as 'Anna de Rothschild"
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1563256686336303105

https://twitter.com/PittsburghPG/status/1563183663348842497
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1817 on: August 26, 2022, 05:38:10 PM »
Of course you can say both sides have supporting evidence when you are willing to accept lies as evidence.  No one is buying the "I'm just :lol at both sides" when you actively go out of your way to argue for one side.  It also makes you look really fucking dumb when you post a series of bad talking points with the implicit ":lol look how dumb these people are" but then go on to parrot their slightly less dumb talking points. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1818 on: August 26, 2022, 06:52:06 PM »
The walls have not yet closed in

🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1819 on: August 26, 2022, 07:10:53 PM »
We're trying, buddy.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1821 on: August 27, 2022, 07:47:14 PM »
The new story is that the CIA lost many agents and informants and this might be related.
https://twitter.com/FrankFigliuzzi1/status/1563374118916960256

Trump's likely getting his special master though
https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1563634246308200448
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1822 on: August 28, 2022, 12:34:25 AM »
The "a president can declassify anything he wants" idea has already been dismissed. There's a legal process for declassifying materials. Specifically the type that he apparently had, which included intelligence asset names.

Think about it for a few seconds. Imagine the president wanted to declassify nuclear submarine routes. No one would argue a president can wave his hand and declassify that type of high level intelligence information.

I'm not gonna jump on that CIA agent story. It's certainly a coincidence, and MAL clearly was (is?) crawling with foreign spies, but it's quite a leap to say "Trump was selling US agents for money/business."

benjipwns

« Reply #1823 on: August 28, 2022, 01:20:52 PM »
Yes, all these "the President can declassify anything he wants" takes seem to just skip right over the fact that the President is merely empowered to personally start the process. And as head of the executive branch obviously has the ability to lean on people to get it done.

The way the defenders seem to be using it is more like "hey, you've got some classified documents here" "oh, I declassified those" "never mind then, my mistake!" I've even seen some suggest that once you're a President you can always personally declassify any documents you want forever so Trump could just declassify them (without telling anyone) after the government asked for them back.

The current defenses seem to be saying that he took them on purpose but that's fine because Presidents can't do anything illegal by definition. Even after they've left office.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1824 on: August 28, 2022, 01:55:01 PM »
It all comes down to the limits of the power of the executive, which was already a big question during the Bush administration.
Their reading of the constitution was that the President could basically do whatever the fuck he wanted as long as he thought it was in the best interest of United States.
The same defense that got Trump through one of his impeachment trials thanks to Alan Dershowitz.

What makes or breaks this case is really what happened to those documents while they were at the Mar-A-Lago. Did Trump show them to others, did he know what was there etc. . If Trump is part of some scheme to sell secrets to a foreign power it's a slam dunk case but if it stays limited to boxes that ended up in his storage by accident and the government wanted to secure those boxes by any means necessary, they can confiscate the contents but it will be very difficult to prosecute Trump himself.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1825 on: August 28, 2022, 02:08:59 PM »
I could easily see him showing rando guests the docs just to show off :trumps
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #1826 on: August 28, 2022, 03:03:56 PM »
It all comes down to the limits of the power of the executive, which was already a big question during the Bush administration.
Their reading of the constitution was that the President could basically do whatever the fuck he wanted as long as he thought it was in the best interest of United States.
The same defense that got Trump through one of his impeachment trials thanks to Alan Dershowitz.

What makes or breaks this case is really what happened to those documents while they were at the Mar-A-Lago. Did Trump show them to others, did he know what was there etc. . If Trump is part of some scheme to sell secrets to a foreign power it's a slam dunk case but if it stays limited to boxes that ended up in his storage by accident and the government wanted to secure those boxes by any means necessary, they can confiscate the contents but it will be very difficult to prosecute Trump himself.
I don't think you're understanding that they asked him to send them back and he refused.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1827 on: August 29, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1564262951678263298

"We've already filtered out the stuff that we weren't supposed to see"  :smug
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1828 on: August 29, 2022, 12:56:42 PM »

:hesright

Are they going to deny what Zuckerberg said on the Joe Rogan Experience?
Is Zuckerberg going to deny what he said on the Joe Rogan Experience?

Dark Brandon intensifies
https://twitter.com/Tammuz_Intel/status/1564261043215417346

https://twitter.com/NoeliaIzarza/status/1564260463411662848
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 01:06:15 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1829 on: August 29, 2022, 01:05:45 PM »
Whether he sold them or not is irrelevant to the case that's being made so far. He had confidential/classified/top secret documents he shouldn't have had, as a citizen. When the feds learned of this and set up a January meeting to retrieve the documents, he didn't provide the documents requested. When the feds requested he lock up the documents in a safe area, he put them in a storage room where random people could walk in/out.

Yes if he sold them that's treason and he's going to jail forever, but the current case is focused on him having highly classified documents he's not authorized to have, and (allegedly) obstructing the retrieval of them to the point the FBI had no choice but to take them away. I think Trump is a POS sociopath but I wouldn't assume he did something as treasonous as that without charges or accusations being filed about it.

He has no executive privilege as a private citizen. That power rests solely with Biden. If the documents he had were declassified there will be an obvious process trail that proves it. It sounds like some of the documents relate to the Russia-gate thing. Maybe he withheld documents he thought were damning to him. Maybe he withheld documents to reveal his innocence. Who knows. But given that some of the documents, whether they involved Russia-gate or not, included highly sensitive shit like human intelligence agent names...the "declassification" argument further falls apart. He can't wave his hand and reveal the names of spies in foreign countries.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1831 on: August 29, 2022, 01:44:28 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1832 on: August 29, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »
After this favor Trump no longer has an excuse to not go on Joe Rogan for 3 hours with Alex Jones to talk about aliens :bolo

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1564283012468166657

Trump/Rogan 2024

LFG!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 02:09:07 PM by Nintex »
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1833 on: August 29, 2022, 02:12:08 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

So Trump imagines that Biden somehow had more control over the FBI than him, the sitting President?

benjipwns

« Reply #1834 on: August 29, 2022, 02:14:42 PM »

Who is he quoting?

What's the FRAUD?

Also neither of those are remedies. You don't get to just declare counterfactual hypotheticals and then have courts enforce them against everyone else.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1835 on: August 29, 2022, 02:19:27 PM »
it came out conclusively
rub

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1836 on: August 29, 2022, 03:51:34 PM »
People are saying it.
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1837 on: August 29, 2022, 03:56:30 PM »
Will this finally be what brings him down?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
No
[close]
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #1839 on: August 29, 2022, 06:57:22 PM »
Yes, all these "the President can declassify anything he wants" takes seem to just skip right over the fact that the President is merely empowered to personally start the process. And as head of the executive branch obviously has the ability to lean on people to get it done.

The way the defenders seem to be using it is more like "hey, you've got some classified documents here" "oh, I declassified those" "never mind then, my mistake!" I've even seen some suggest that once you're a President you can always personally declassify any documents you want forever so Trump could just declassify them (without telling anyone) after the government asked for them back.

The current defenses seem to be saying that he took them on purpose but that's fine because Presidents can't do anything illegal by definition. Even after they've left office.

This sounds like a fucking moronic argument.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1840 on: August 29, 2022, 09:01:23 PM »
The apparent change of fortunes for Biden and democrats over the last month has been interesting and I'm curious to see if it lasts through November. Part of it that these losers finally started getting some things done. People are focusing on the 10k student loan cancellation but the rest of that order is shockingly good. That being said I think by now it's clear the main driven is women voters voting heavily, post-Dobbs.

6 Months ago I would have said dems will lose the house and probably the senate. Now it's looking like they're going to win the senate and won't lose the house and badly as I thought. Some projections have them even keeping the house (I doubt that). I think Fetterman wins PA easily. I think Ryan can win OH but it's no sure shot. WI is winnable. Biggest concern in terms of held seats has to be Georgia. Hershel Walker is clearly a fucking clown but it's Georgia, red state (despite 2020), unpopular incumbent president, perhaps less of a Dobbs impact...ehhhh Walker can still win.

james

« Reply #1841 on: August 29, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »
Nintex in shambles as Dark Biden conjures up another stunning election victory

benjipwns

« Reply #1842 on: August 29, 2022, 10:11:14 PM »
You mean another stunning stolen election from guaranteed winners like Dr. Oz, J.D. Vance (Trump supporter NeverTrump division), David Perdue and Laura Loomer.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1843 on: August 29, 2022, 10:32:43 PM »
You mean another stunning stolen election from guaranteed winners like Dr. Oz, J.D. Vance (Trump supporter NeverTrump division), David Perdue and Laura Loomer.

Not to mention the way Trump has likely doomed multiple governor races. Whitmer is cruising to re-election against an extremist Trumper who who is on the record stating there should be no exceptions for abortion. And in PA, a right wing piece of shit/Confederate cosplay dude is the republican nominee. Those are arguably the two most important governor seats for 2024 elections and they've (apparently) been handed over with ease to democrats. If dems pull it out in Wisconsin too I'd say Biden or whoever runs has a very good shot at winning.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 01:55:05 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1845 on: August 30, 2022, 02:07:15 PM »
Dark Brandon being a hotter meme than him has him shook :rash
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1846 on: August 30, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1564410388065697792

that's quite a downgrade from nuclear secrets
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1847 on: August 30, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »

:fbm
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1849 on: August 31, 2022, 10:07:37 AM »
I'd like to think that this how they found them. Just a total mess lying all over the place

james

« Reply #1850 on: August 31, 2022, 10:17:35 AM »
Scrooge jumping into vault full of gold but its Trump jumping into pile of top secret documents

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1851 on: August 31, 2022, 10:40:51 AM »
Big Beautiful Documents :rkelly
(ice)

james

« Reply #1852 on: August 31, 2022, 10:57:01 AM »
I cant blame the guy. If I was president, youd bet your ass the Area 51 documents would be in the trunk of my car on day 1

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1853 on: August 31, 2022, 11:48:12 AM »
Don't worry Donny, Gym Jordan's got your back!

https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1564971946701475845

Biden didn't order a drone strike on Mar-a-lago the minute Trump left office, so clearly the documents weren't important. Just like Gym Jordan didn't report all the child molestations that happened under his watch, so clearly they were nbd.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1854 on: August 31, 2022, 11:50:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1564972731317293056

Trump's (TV) attorney signed the federal paperwork in January stating that all top secret/classified/confidential docs had been turned over. She's probably going to get hit with obstruction charges. At which point the question the feds will want to know is...did Trump tell you to lie.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1855 on: August 31, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »

… And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1856 on: August 31, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »

… And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me

Sad to see Big Van Vader end up this way :tocry
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1858 on: August 31, 2022, 02:38:23 PM »
light treason
rub

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1859 on: August 31, 2022, 02:39:23 PM »
What's that shit about candidate quality now Mitch.
Prepare for the retirement home old man  8)

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1564735446135054338

:trumps
https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1564670199659470848
🤴