Poll

It's REAL!

The wind is
0 (0%)
pushing MEEEEE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 24, 2023, 11:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma II, brehs  (Read 7386 times)

Svejk

Re: Dragon's Dogma II, brehs
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2023, 11:54:54 AM »
So glad it’s confirmed to be a single player experience again.  That aspect needed to be left untouched.  I do believe they’ll have a multi-player add-on later, like Mercenaries or something.  Something akin of Ghost of Tsushima MP would be cool.  I’ll be all about some playing together… just don’t shoe horn that shit into my campaign.  Bless you, Itsuno.

It’s looking like this wants to be the actual full realization he initially wanted to achieve.  The opening scene looks to take place way north of the Blue Moon Tower; a portion of the map that was never accessible.

I must’ve watched that trailer close to 10 times now.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And can't stop looking at the giant harpie's boobz
[close]

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2023, 03:23:41 PM »
And it's difficult to understate this: DD1 came out while Capcom was descending into their dark times. Even before that when dealing with Itsuno's team, execs pushed out DMC4 before it was finished. FFS the second half of that game is literally just running backwards through the same levels as Dante.  :lol Scenarios were cut, weapons were cut, story was left on the cutting room floor.

And as a player you can FEEL the missing content is Dragon's Dogma too. 3 years just isn't enough for a game like this. Even after the short delay from early to mid 2012, it's like the devs got 70% through production and a man in a suit came in, tapped Itsuno and the shoulder and whispered "Time and budget. We need this out by mid 2012". As good as it was and how great some of it's ideas were, it was clearly rushed. The game only started to touch its potential a year later after Dark Arisen came out, with Capcom stupidly deciding to force everyone to rebuy the game and charge $40 bucks for instead of just releasing it as a $20 DLC.

If this hits by mid-2024, that's probably 4 1/2-5 years of dev time with a larger team and more resources than they had in early 2010s.  Modern Capgod with give this time to cook and shit will be amazing when it does hit.  :lawd

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2023, 05:01:10 PM »
If they have the moon level in this one then it’s game of the generation.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2023, 06:48:56 PM »
Devs just be like "Yeah, we included best girl Yennefer, don't worry"

:preach
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 07:37:44 PM by Let's Cyber »

Svejk

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2023, 11:11:48 AM »

:delicious

Rahxephon91

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »
Game looked fantastic.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2023, 07:07:52 AM »
Game is more or less confirmed to be at Capcom showcase on Monday.

Also it now has a steam page
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2054970/Dragons_Dogma_2/

This might be hitting early next year  :whew

Let's Cyber

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2023, 09:22:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1697127175361577057?s=20

Dragon's Dogma 2 joins the Capcom lineup at #TGS2023! Tune in to the TGS 2023 Capcom Online Program on 9/21, 7am PT as Director Hideaki Itsuno shares new gameplay and info.

Will be playable demo at the show.

Svejk

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2023, 10:36:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1697127175361577057?s=20

Dragon's Dogma 2 joins the Capcom lineup at #TGS2023! Tune in to the TGS 2023 Capcom Online Program on 9/21, 7am PT as Director Hideaki Itsuno shares new gameplay and info.

Will be playable demo at the show.
Holy fuck we eatin'!!

Svejk

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2023, 12:30:03 AM »
Sooooo, what are the chances that they drop a public demo for this during TGS next week?  The first one had a demo (which completely sold me on the game).  Guess it's a stretch, but holy shit that would be awesome.

Svejk

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2023, 11:32:12 AM »
https://www.capcom-games.com/tgs/en-us/online/

Just two more days before more gameplay is revealed... the hype is unreal. Haven't felt so excited like this about a game in a very long time.  
Already GOTY 2024
Already GOTG
Already the GOAT

Svejk

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2023, 09:42:46 AM »
Ok... gonna be perfectly honest.. from the snippets they've shown and what controls theyve pointed out, there are "concerns".

First off, I know this is probably an older build, but I can't help but to notice some of the animations look.. stiff? Especially the fighter when running... just looks very videogamey average.  The running in DD1, although looked awkward sometimes, it looked way more organic; the character would look around and over their shoulder while moving.  Also hard to tell because people playing are spazzing out running everywhere, not seeing too much of a slow walk where the fighter has his shield in front of him; not on guard , but still prepped, if that makes sense... still too early.

The other thing that people have people have pointed out is that there are only 4 skill slots vs 6... and classes appear to be more set with certain weapons, instead of a class having a variety of weapons usage... Again, too early to tell...

I'm sure my concerns will go out the window in about 20 minutes.  :heh

Lessdodisss...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2023, 11:07:29 AM »
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2023, 02:42:26 PM »
Yeah when they showed the vocations I was like ehh this looks really plain. But the subclasses looked cool
What

Svejk

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2023, 04:44:53 PM »
I’m a bit beside myself by the sheer amount of feels going on so far…  There are concerns, that bring up even more questions now… But the drip feed of the other potential, surprising things you can do… hooo boy. 

I want to write so much atm, but work has pimp slapped me today.  The main concern is the vocations and how they appear to be segregated some at first glance… BUT, it looks like there’s more potential of branching vocations, so that could be seriously awesome.  Pretty much already decided I’m going for that Spear wielding Mage vocation, whatever that was.  Oh man that looks dope.

Also, again, certain animations look… rough.  But again, it could be a generic setting set during character creation.  DD1 has posture(masculine and feminine), height, width… who knows what they’ll include now and how it affects animations. 
So… many … questions….  NEED MORE.

One thing is for sure, this is not a Devil May Cry 2 situation. lul

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2023, 06:54:29 PM »
I don't think they're going to show literally everything in the first few showings, I'm pretty sure even in the trailer I spied a couple weapons that didn't seem to fit into the vocations we saw. I imagine the reason the base vocations seem to be 1-1 with weapons is the advanced vocations have been expanded.

I trust itsuno as a designer and don't think he would serve something "less" expanded than his previous work.

Mystic Spearhand looked stupid cool. The combination of the blinking to enemies like ff15 and shooting the wolf corpse like a projectile dilated my pupils. stick something like BBI in here and the game will be goated

Svejk

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2023, 07:20:29 PM »
I don't think they're going to show literally everything in the first few showings, I'm pretty sure even in the trailer I spied a couple weapons that didn't seem to fit into the vocations we saw. I imagine the reason the base vocations seem to be 1-1 with weapons is the advanced vocations have been expanded.

I trust itsuno as a designer and don't think he would serve something "less" expanded than his previous work.

Mystic Spearhand looked stupid cool. The combination of the blinking to enemies like ff15 and shooting the wolf corpse like a projectile dilated my pupils. stick something like BBI in here and the game will be goated
:aah
What Itsuno pointed out regarding the grab physics sounds ludicris too... Sounds like there's so much potential for spearheading enemies while running, ground and pound, disarming, etc.  Oh man.. Fucking bring it all on.

But yeah... Not even a Coming in 2024 or anything.  ???  But it really doesn't matter... This will be a masterpiece regardless.  I just want MOAR.

Svejk

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2023, 11:48:42 AM »
As excruciating it is to watch these demo'ers play and suck at gaming, there's so many little things to feed off of this clip...  Seamless town entry, world map, menu UI... 

Let's Cyber

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2023, 01:40:04 PM »
:mynicca

Svejk

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2023, 07:06:15 PM »
I need to get a confirmation somehow that they're still going to have layered/comboed clothes and armor so I can get my panties out of a wad.

Svejk

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2023, 01:56:12 PM »
So previews are dropping today.  People that get it, say it's awesome.  People that don't, are whining that it's not really bringing anything new... and should be punched in the face for bringing such ignorance and shouldn't be allowed to play videogames.  :steiner

It's even worse... some of these journo interviews with Itsuno are asking if he has played BG3.   :rogan
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 02:14:00 PM by Svejk »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2023, 08:40:02 PM »
I literally have zero worries about this game. They're showing starting areas, (mostly) starting classes and enemies we're familiar with. There is going to be a lot of new, cool stuff but #gamers are impatient little children. Trying to read any discussion about this game on social media was giving me an aneurysm. jfc.

DMC4 and DD1 were rushed out by Crapcom but still managed to be good games. DMC5 was a banger, now we see what Itsuno does with proper time and budget.  :rejoice
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:36:27 PM by Let's Cyber »

Svejk

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2023, 12:12:18 AM »
I hear ya... I need to quit worrying. I just want every inch of DD1 in this (with UX improvements and then some obviously). These " gamers" and journos are excruciating.  They're so set on vocations (obviously there's even more now, and he's confirmed there's plenty more), performance, "looking last gen" and possible multiplayer... it hurts. I almost feel bad for Itsuno dealing with such plebs.

So yeah... this dude climbs a griffin and rides it all the way back to it's nest.   :gladbron

https://m.

Svejk

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2023, 12:12:55 PM »
So DD2 won the Game of the Show at TGS. 

As if anything can compete...
 :foodcourt :betty :dice :win

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2023, 12:52:54 PM »
So previews are dropping today.  People that get it, say it's awesome.  People that don't, are whining that it's not really bringing anything new... and should be punched in the face for bringing such ignorance and shouldn't be allowed to play videogames.  :steiner

It's even worse... some of these journo interviews with Itsuno are asking if he has played BG3.   :rogan

That shit is fucking annoying lets compare this game to that game and why isnt this game doing what this game is doing instead?

People should stop comparing nonsense
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2023, 02:40:43 PM »
I hear ya... I need to quit worrying. I just want every inch of DD1 in this (with UX improvements and then some obviously). These " gamers" and journos are excruciating.  They're so set on vocations (obviously there's even more now, and he's confirmed there's plenty more), performance, "looking last gen" and possible multiplayer... it hurts. I almost feel bad for Itsuno dealing with such plebs.

So yeah... this dude climbs a griffin and rides it all the way back to it's nest.   :gladbron

https://m.
Holy fucking shit  :whoo
🤴

Let's Cyber

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2023, 03:42:19 PM »
I hear ya... I need to quit worrying. I just want every inch of DD1 in this (with UX improvements and then some obviously)
Itsuno: Before jumping into creating Dragon's Dogma 2, we put together a lot of information - namely, what people expected of a sequel, what they would want from a sequel, and trying to see how that would align with what we wanted to develop as a follow-up. A lot of the concepts actually matched between what fans expected and what we personally wanted to develop, so that gave us confidence to move forward with this concept.

Of course, we were very careful with leaving in many of these key elements to convey them to a new generation of fans, but we also made many adjustments to live up to current trends and expectations.

Svejk

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2023, 05:55:28 PM »
I hear ya... I need to quit worrying. I just want every inch of DD1 in this (with UX improvements and then some obviously)
Itsuno: Before jumping into creating Dragon's Dogma 2, we put together a lot of information - namely, what people expected of a sequel, what they would want from a sequel, and trying to see how that would align with what we wanted to develop as a follow-up. A lot of the concepts actually matched between what fans expected and what we personally wanted to develop, so that gave us confidence to move forward with this concept.

Of course, we were very careful with leaving in many of these key elements to convey them to a new generation of fans, but we also made many adjustments to live up to current trends and expectations.
I sure hope so..  And based on that earlier leak about character creation, it will be insane; supposed bone density forming and fat distribution... like, are you kidding me?  That may be a stretch, but who knows. Could very well be the greatest character creator of all time. 

This guy's preview shows some snippets of new stuff, like crawling down into a well and actually running through a town...  There's definitely more ground finishers and such.  Nothing but choice nugs this game will be...

Let's Cyber

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2023, 07:26:42 PM »
RPG Site: One moment that especially surprised me during one of my demo playthroughs is when I was in a small encampment, and a goblin that I thought I had killed on the way to it ended up finding its way inside its gates. It's interesting, because outside of scripted segments in the first game you never really saw enemies in villages or cities, or encampments. Was that an intended possibility for Dragon's Dogma 2?

Itsuno: It's fantastic you ran into a situation like that. With the original Dragon's Dogma 1, there were hardware limitations - such as the load areas between camps and cities were separate. This dictated some restrictions that we wanted to remove with Dragon's Dogma 2, so that situations like you ran into could occur.

For example, if you kite enemies not just Goblins, but even Cyclops' or Griffins we put the work in to have NPCs react naturally, rather than just having scripted events. This was a great challenge, but the hope is that every player will run into situations similar to what you discovered.
:ohyeah

Svejk

« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2023, 10:11:23 AM »
More DD2 goodness!  I think I've watched every possible preview on the interwebs now.   :D

So there's cooking at camps now?  Check out that MEAT at 3:14.   :takei

The big question on the web now, is that real?  Or is that the RE engine serving that hot beef injection into DD2?

Svejk

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2023, 12:20:11 AM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2023, 04:03:42 PM »
Guts does that same move on a group of Daka in the manga. :punch

GIVE ME ALL THE BERSERK REFERENCES, INCLUDING THE ARMOR TIE-IN PLS

Svejk

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2023, 02:10:03 PM »
https://www.gamesradar.com/dragons-dogma-2-doesnt-have-scripted-events-but-one-incident-with-a-troll-and-a-village-was-almost-enough-to-fool-the-games-director/
In Edge Magazine issue 391, director Hideki Itsuno tells the story of an unfortunate encounter with a cave troll that left his pawn companions dying in a field. Itsuno simply turned away and ran. "I was just running away for lack of anything better to do. But it kept following me. I didn't know how I was going to survive," Itsuno said.
Itsuno ultimately dove into a nearby village, hoping to lose the troll in the chaos of the panicking villagers. But the villagers didn't panic - instead, just like the playable hero can do, they started clambering up the creature's sides, and eventually overwhelmed it purely with numbers and determination.
"It felt like a scripted event. But Dragon's Dogma 2 doesn't have scripted events," Itsuno said. "There are no invisible flags or triggers that cause certain events to occur. Everything that happened that day happened dynamically, because of how the game's rules and systems interact with one another."
When the team was developing a 15-minute demo of Dragon's Dogma 2 for events like Tokyo Game Show, producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi said that even that little demo is enough to see the chaos of the game come to life. "15 minutes is a relatively short amount of time, but when we were playtesting this brief segment, team members kept coming up to me and saying: 'Come and see what just happened to me!' Even within such a tiny portion of the game we keep being surprised by what's happening, even though we're the ones who originally designed the possibility space."
:aah This game is gonna rule so hard.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2023, 03:51:18 PM »
EMERGENT GAMEPLAY

:gamer  :lucas

Now we just need some kind of Corruption/Berserker status so we can make monsters fight each other.  :punch

Svejk

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2023, 06:49:15 PM »
Apparently it's been rated in Saudi Arabia already (18+).

https://twitter.com/VGAR_SA/status/1724109871656898750

Oh man... are they gonna have a release date reveal during the VGA's? 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:31:16 PM by Svejk »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2023, 02:58:55 PM »
I'll say release in mid-May, but anywhere in that march-june window is possible.

Svejk

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2023, 03:49:00 PM »
I'll say release in mid-May, but anywhere in that march-june window is possible.
May/June-ish would work great for me.  Would (maybe) give me time to playthrough Rebirth first.

I'm so ready for that monster trailer where they just unleash all sorts of tidbits of creamy goodness.

Svejk

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2023, 06:36:27 PM »
Drop your socks and grab your cocks...  Some more nugz of gameplay snippets...

This time, with the Magic Swordsman (thought it was called Mystic Spearhand?) class....
https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1724983330599288856

:tauntaun

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2023, 07:05:34 AM »

Capcom will host the Dragon’s Dogma II Showcase 2023 on November 28 at 1:00 p.m. PT / 4:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 JST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Twitch.

The 15-minute live stream will feature new information and gameplay reveals directly from director Hideaki Itsuno and producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2023, 07:46:29 AM »

Screw Keighley and the rest of the world.  Dragon's Dogma runs it own shit, son.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:55:00 AM by Svejk »

Svejk

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2023, 08:09:35 AM »
There's a possible leak of a release date: March 22nd 2024

https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/comments/17xdjxj/dragons_dogma_ii_was_recently_rated_on_pegi_as_18/

Grain of salt, but with this showcase coming up, the pieces kinda fit. 
If so, with my slow ass progression through games of late, I will likely have to pass on Rebirth at launch.  :trumps

Let's Cyber

« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2023, 03:40:34 PM »

Capcom will host the Dragon’s Dogma II Showcase 2023 on November 28 at 1:00 p.m. PT / 4:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 JST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Twitch.

The 15-minute live stream will feature new information and gameplay reveals directly from director Hideaki Itsuno and producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.
Holy fucking shit

Also I hope that March date is true. I'll have P3Reload wrapped up by then.   :woooo

Svejk

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2023, 08:56:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/tomqe/status/1729305746377183575

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

Not sure whether to watch via Capcom's or the official DD yt channel.. More people are waiting on the Capcom one, so will probably watch it there.

So ready to pre-order!   I never buy upgraded versions of games, but for this, I'll get whatever top teir Edition they offer (digitally).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 09:05:55 AM by Svejk »

Svejk

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2023, 11:20:03 AM »

Yep, will get the Deluxe one simply for the Art of Metamorphosis.  There's a good chance with all the time I like to put into character creation, there'll be something I want to change... until I get to a point of buying another one late game (And Secret of Metamorphosis, of course).

Let's Cyber

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2023, 03:15:00 PM »
This feels like my favorite band is getting back together, dropping a new album and starting their next tour in my hometown.

God bless you, Itsuno.

:tocry :tocry :tocry

Svejk

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2023, 04:20:01 PM »
03/22/2024 is official!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2023, 05:16:47 PM »

[close]
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2023, 07:11:26 PM »
Looks nothing like the anime :confused
(ice)

Let's Cyber

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2023, 08:21:49 PM »
Trickster vocation looks like the stand in the V summoning playstyle. I like the idea of control/party buff character but part of me want to do big bulky Lion man with a fuck you greatsword. There is so much cool new shit I want to try, especially MYSTIC SPEARHAND and there are still vocations we don't know about. :drool

Svejk

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2023, 08:58:34 PM »
Oh man... so many cool things!  The pawns learning/translating languages is pretty cool.  Can't wait to hear the more dynamic chatter.

Yeah, that trickster vocation is pretty interesting. 
The giant Talos too?   :lawd

My current feel is starting my Arisen as a good ol fashion fighter and my Vixen pawn, an archer.  No doubt I'll be eyeing the Mystic Spearhand as soon as it's obtainable.

Well, GOTY for 2024 is locked for me.  :win

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2023, 09:04:42 AM »
It looks cool but enemies not reacting to getting hit, even flinching is distinguished mentally-challenged in 2024.

It makes the game look bad.
What

Svejk

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2023, 11:09:04 AM »
It looks cool but enemies not reacting to getting hit, even flinching is distinguished mentally-challenged in 2024.

It makes the game look bad.
Not sure what part you referring to, but the collision detection looks pretty spot on like the 1st one.. Which I thought was way ahead of it's time 10 years ago.

If it's about the sword sponge type of attacks on larger enemies, it still looks more improved than the 1st one from what I can tell.  They at least twitch on the attack area.. Souls games rarely do that.

Got the Deluxe version pre-ordered.  :hyper  I got so many more questions about it, but for once in my life, I'm considerring blacking out from here on to release, now that it's official.  Was so excited to see new shit, but feel like they're showing too much at the same time. lol

This game actually existing feels like a dream come true.  Never felt this way about a game before.  Thank you Capcom for allowing this to happen!  You guys fucking RULE. 
 :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Here's the trimmed down showcase without the other bowlshit people talking...

Svejk

« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2023, 09:44:56 AM »
brehs...

Let's Cyber

« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2023, 02:47:38 PM »
That Doppelganger shit with the Mystic Spearhand is pure sex.

Svejk

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2024, 05:55:27 PM »

8)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2024, 07:32:07 AM »
ど助平

Let's Cyber

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2024, 12:26:15 PM »
It shouldn't be a surprise by any stretch, but that IGN player is horrible.  :lol

Give me a demo, Capcom  :punch

Svejk

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2024, 05:27:31 PM »
I think that's it, bores... I'm gonna do my best to go full-on media black out from here on to launch.  Never have attempted this before....

If all goes well, I'll see you all on the flippity with all hands on dick...   Until the Eternal Return... 

:salute

Unless the WIND KEEPS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
[close]

Let's Cyber

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2024, 10:14:33 AM »
Itsuno talks about all the hidden, optional quests and locations in the Sphinx vid. He reiterated how they don't want to spoil any surprises. "We've really gone all out"

Yes, most of the footage so far is the same opening locations fighting goblins and ogres. This is intentional and people cOnCeRnEd (not here on this dead message board, but everywhere else) need to chill.