Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3: It's pretty good  (Read 9108 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3: It's pretty good
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2022, 08:09:54 AM »
:miyamoto
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2022, 05:59:32 PM »
Pre-order Chronicles 3

- Nintendo announces XB3 and XB3:CE for a September release

- Nintendo pulls XB3 to July, with the XB3:CE to release at a later date

- Nintendo announces the XB3:CE materials will only be available on the My Nintendo Store

- Nintendo announces the XB3:CE materials will be available in the 'summer'

- Nintendo announces the XB3:CE materials have been delayed

- Nintendo opens a mailing list for further updates on the XB3:CE

- Nintendo informs the mailing list subscribers the XB3:CE materials will release mid september

- Nintendo informs the mailing list subscribers the XB3:CE materials have been delayed yet again to October, due to technical difficulties

- Nintendo informs the mailing list subscribers the XB3:CE materials have been delayed yet again but will be available for pre-order in the coming weeks. They remind subscribers that they need a MyNintendo Account to pre-order

- Nintendo publishes the XB3:CE materials for pre-order around 9AM

- Nintendo notifies the mailing list subscribers that the XB3:CE is available hours later (around 1PM)

- The MyNintendo Story is already down by ~10 AM

- The site returns for ~30 minutes around 4PM but Nintendo has removed PayPal as a payment method for physical pre-orders

- The site returns at around ~1AM, the XB3:CE page gives a 404

- Many consumers discover the next morning that their order has been removed from their order history

- The 34.99 product is listed for ~180 on Ebay

- The MyNintendo Store is down again
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2022, 08:03:01 PM »
I see some people have gotten theirs already but mine was delayed till the end of Oct. Would be nice to have the complete set of XB CE's, but this was a complete shitshow.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2022, 08:17:27 PM »
Isn't the first DLC with a new Hero and sidequests supposed to be out soon?

Bebpo

« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2022, 11:06:43 PM »
Actually, I guess it came out today?  :lol

Will wait until I finish up Kuro no Kiseki II and then check it out. Curious to how substantial the new quests are. Don't care too much about the new Hero/Job since the battle system is kinda whatever to me at this point. Assuming there's no new areas or anything.

« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2022, 01:16:35 AM »
It's a new hero with their own hero/ascension quest, plus challenge battles. So if you aren't here for the combat system, there isn't much.

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2022, 11:18:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1582808813660700672

quietly updated adding a crazy good feature. cannot believe this wasn't in the base game, would have saved hours of menu time  :-\

PogiJones

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2022, 06:19:06 AM »
Combat: X > 2 > 3 > 1
World/exploration + area music: X > 2 > 1 > 3
The rest of the music: 3 > 2 > X > 1
1st half of the story: 1 >>>>> 3 > 2 > X
2nd half of the story: 3 [Ch. 5-6] > 2 >>> 1 > 3 [Ch. 7] > X
Characters: 3 > 1 > 2 > X
Sidequests: 3 > X > 2 >>>>> 1

Overall, I'd give each entry a 9/10, for different reasons. X has by far the best gameplay/exploration, 1 has the best opening half up through prison island, 2 has the best conclusion and villains, and 3 has the best emotional moments and sidequests by a country mile. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, so I'm not surprised seeing different people with different values loving or hating different entries. I think 3 probably has the broadest appeal, though, and it's probably my personal favorite of the three main entries, excluding X.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2022, 03:12:04 PM »
The side quests in 3 are just insane, probably better than the main quest even.

Each colony is like a mini-RPG with it's own plot and characters.
And every side quest is part of a bigger story arc unique to a colony and eventually new quests appear to link certain colonies.

Even since I got to collecting the metal pieces or whatever I've just been doing sidequests.
🤴

PogiJones

« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2022, 10:55:13 AM »
I'm playing through 2 again, and I have to say, the environments are way, way more visually striking in 2 than 3. And I don't just mean more glowy trees and whatnot. Even the all metal areas have striking, high-contrast lighting that makes it interesting to look at. 3 just doesn't. Idk what happened.

Bebpo

« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2022, 06:22:46 PM »
It's a new hero with their own hero/ascension quest, plus challenge battles. So if you aren't here for the combat system, there isn't much.

I did the hero quests and some of the new challenge battle stuff. Was ok. Not sure the point of having a tank that you want to die to increase its DPS. Doesn't seem like a job I'd use.

Also of course her having her own collectible grind if you want to max her out is something for people that want more grind.

The challenge battles seem ok, but I do like that you can buy nopon coins with the wins and the 3x bonus is great. Helped me get the new class to rank 10 real fast to do the ascension quest.

Will be interesting to see what they add in the remaining packs and if the additional heroes will have their own grind system like Ino.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2022, 06:12:00 PM »
I think I'm at the final boss now. This was quite the boss gauntlet.  :whew

But no death cutscenes for these last few Moebius is kinda weird? Guess they ran out of time.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2022, 06:21:20 PM »
That's because the Moebius all fucking suck and are jobbers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2022, 04:33:42 PM »
Everyone: Guess Takahashi is no longer into religion and myths huh, it's all about mechs and scifi now

Me: Noah's ark went rogue :pika
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2022, 06:11:33 PM »
Finished the main story at level 87 after 130 hours so. The only fault this game has is pacing and that Normal mode is Easy and Hard mode is Normal but otherwise this is one of the best RPG's of all time.
The best Xenoblade and the best game of the year.

Best soundtrack of the year too, I mean Elden Ring has a good theme but this game is a musical journey from start to finish.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2022, 06:14:51 PM »
Finished the main story at level 87 after 130 hours so. The only fault this game has is pacing and that Normal mode is Easy and Hard mode is Normal but otherwise this is one of the best RPG's of all time.
The best Xenoblade and the best game of the year.

Best soundtrack of the year too, I mean Elden Ring has a good theme but this game is a musical journey from start to finish.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2022, 06:32:56 PM »
This game has two of the most heart breaking scenes in any RPG perhaps ever.  :cry

spoiler (click to show/hide)
At the end, you the player are Moebius. Hoping that Mio and Noah can stay together. Fucking Genius 4th wall breaking shit :lawd
[close]
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2023, 02:40:55 PM »
This game was robbed at the Game Awards for best music. :hmph
Today I also found out that the English vocals were actually performed by a Dutch singer.

Seems to be a trend as of late for Dutch models/singers to end up in Japanese projects.
The new model for Ashley in Resident Evil 4 is Dutch too.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2023, 02:54:35 PM »
Yeah, soundtrack probably deserved an award, though that's the only thing I'd give to this game. XB2 ost had better highs but XB3 ost is more consistent.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2023, 01:34:50 PM »
This game was robbed at the Game Awards for best music. :hmph
Today I also found out that the English vocals were actually performed by a Dutch singer.

Seems to be a trend as of late for Dutch models/singers to end up in Japanese projects.
The new model for Ashley in Resident Evil 4 is Dutch too.

Technically been goin on for a while ;)
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/do-dutch-wives-dream-of-electric-eels-dark-age-of-jrpgs/
^_^