Author Topic: GTAVI - Vice City  (Read 2815 times)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: GTAVI - Vice City
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2022, 05:05:38 AM »
GTA III came out after plenty of games understood the necessity of separating the camera and character controls. Tons of PS1 games supported dual analog, WASD+Mouse was dominant on PC, console FPSes were attempting to replicate that back to at least Turok, TimeSplitters used the "Halo method" before Halo did, etc.

I'm pretty sure the PS2 era trilogy doesn't use the second analog for anything, just the button under it. It's absolutely a legitimate critique.

I don't remember many PS1 games using the Analog Controller. Were there any standouts?

One of the GOATs

itm

Himu

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2022, 08:11:29 AM »
Metal Gear Solid was made for analog in mind.

Ape escape specifically as it required dual shock to play.

Other games like FFVIII, Resident Evil 3, supported analog and they released games like Resident Evil 1 and 2 with analog controls. I'd say the majority of psx games released from 1998-1999 to the end of its life cycle supported analog. Maybe not the right stick, but the left stick definitely.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2023, 09:57:55 PM »

26 million views in three hours

To one of my favorite franchises back...I just... :whoo :tocry
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 10:02:44 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2023, 05:21:14 AM »
The graphical fidelity is pretty insane, and that crowd density is rather pushing it.  This is either a bullshot actually next gen take, or we'll be seeing quite a downgrade down the road if this actually launches in 2025.

Personally don't care for the modern take.  I think it would've been better off doing either a 70's or 90's era take.  (Especially using a Tom Petty song in that trailer). 

Beezy

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2023, 05:53:32 AM »
There better be a couple story missions in Tootsie's Cabaret

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2023, 08:00:48 AM »
Pointed out on Twitter:

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

:woody
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2023, 04:29:21 AM »
I'll have to wait and see what the actual game is like. Seeing those articles where they talk about not punching down and shit like that doesn't inspire a lot of faith.

Setting looks good though. If it's bad i'll just have to tune out the bullshit like I did with Watch_Dogs 2. If the gameplay is good enough I can excuse shit writing.