Author Topic: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)  (Read 474562 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)
« Reply #4200 on: February 07, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »
:bow valis :bow
duc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4201 on: February 07, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »
VALIS is a true gamer, one of the few left on GAF. These idiots sit around arguing about sales and DVD mediums more than actually discussing...you know...VIDEO GAMES.

The PS3, PSP, and PS2 are getting their asses kicked by the DS and Wii in Japan, period. So why is there an 8 page thread over there with fools trying to argue otherwise?

Himu

« Reply #4202 on: February 07, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »
What true gamers actually post regularly on gaf now? Most of the people who just love games and not the bullshit either rarely post, or are banned.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4203 on: February 07, 2007, 01:02:12 PM »
The only people who use the phrase 'true gamers' are coked up wackjobs like Amir0x and Himuro.
fat

Himu

« Reply #4204 on: February 07, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »
Demi is just a little touchy because he spends so much time with shit like Eragorn or Cars.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4205 on: February 07, 2007, 01:11:14 PM »
As a true gamer, it is my duty to examine any software that I may come across. I try not to come across as jaded in my claims.
fat

Himu

« Reply #4206 on: February 07, 2007, 01:15:49 PM »
I'm sure.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4207 on: February 07, 2007, 01:16:59 PM »
You're welcome to prove me wrong, whenever you get a minute.
fat

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
« Reply #4208 on: February 07, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »

Do you like shmups?  If not you're not a gamer, nay even a man!  My friends and I are making an awesome shmup and when it's ready I'll have EB beta test.
:)

Himu

« Reply #4209 on: February 07, 2007, 01:20:05 PM »
You say you come off as not jaded but it seems you hate on just about anything that's popular or highly praised. I don't know.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4210 on: February 07, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »

Do you like shmups?  If not you're not a gamer, nay even a man!  My friends and I are making an awesome shmup and when it's ready I'll have EB beta test.

I am not an enthusiast.
You say you come off as not jaded but it seems you hate on just about anything that's popular or highly praised. I don't know.

That's right, you don't know. Don't step on my toes. Just because it is Black History Month does not give you a reason to be high and mighty. Remember, there are 11 whole months dedicated to the superiors.
fat

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4211 on: February 07, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »
Eragon and Cars

Stay losin Thomas

>:(
 >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4212 on: February 07, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »
Go back to sleep, Phoenix. You've already nearly ruined one thing for me.
fat

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #4213 on: February 07, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
If I didn't know better, I would think demi was yet another one of iOliver's accounts
dap

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4214 on: February 07, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »
Fancy a game of Phantom Dust?
fat

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #4215 on: February 07, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
I almost want to whip out the ol' XBox just to see if you can move around in a 3D environment.
dap

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4216 on: February 07, 2007, 02:04:40 PM »
Go back to sleep, Phoenix. You've already nearly ruined one thing for me.

You nearly ruined it yourself being a complete pussy ass crybaby. Get a life dude

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #4217 on: February 07, 2007, 02:05:18 PM »
Oh, SNAP.
BKO

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4218 on: February 07, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »
lol, I bet you tell yourself that so you can pretend those PMs don't exist. You queef.
fat

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #4219 on: February 07, 2007, 02:08:58 PM »
:lol demi is a funny dode
dap

Oblivion

« Reply #4220 on: February 07, 2007, 03:30:12 PM »
The only people who use the phrase 'true gamers' are coked up wackjobs like Amir0x.

This is quite true, really. It just sounds so obnoxious when he says that shit.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4221 on: February 07, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »
lol, I bet you tell yourself that so you can pretend those PMs don't exist. You queef.

What PMs? :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4222 on: February 07, 2007, 03:58:37 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141615
 :lol :lol :lol

Come on Junpei don't do that shit. How long are you banned?

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #4223 on: February 07, 2007, 04:01:26 PM »
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I can't believe I got banned IT WAS A SERIOUS QUESTION!

I'm unbanned tomorrow.

I gotta be on good behavior now.
Boo

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4224 on: February 07, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
That was like a two page topic here at the 'Bore and NOBODY got banned.  In fact, it was EROTIC.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #4225 on: February 07, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
Incest turns me on.
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4226 on: February 07, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »
That was like a two page topic here at the 'Bore and NOBODY got plutoed.  In fact, it was EROTIC.

Yeah but in our case it wasn't so juvenile.  Our topic was about vampires, so it was like, all deep and shit.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4227 on: February 08, 2007, 02:22:37 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141500&page=5

Absolutely disgusting thread, and only possible on GAF. I would gladly take a couple months long ban to set these atheist assholes straight.

I have nothing against athism, but I'll be damned if many of them aren't the most combative, ignorant people I've ever met - and almost as impossible to talk to as fucking Calvinists. Well, maybe that's taking it too far; nothing comes close to Calvinists.

Christianity and Nazism? Christians hate Jews? Good job GAF, you prove just how excepting and open minded you are every day >:(

TVC15

« Reply #4228 on: February 08, 2007, 02:24:36 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141500&page=5

Absolutely disgusting thread, and only possible on GAF. I would gladly take a couple months long pluto to set these atheist assholes straight.

I have nothing against athism, but I'll be damned if many of them aren't the most combative, ignorant people I've ever met - and almost as impossible to talk to as fucking Calvinists. Well, maybe that's taking it too far; nothing comes close to Calvinists.

Christianity and Nazism? Christians hate Jews? Good job GAF, you prove just how excepting and open minded you are every day >:(

What the FUCK are you talking about?  I plutoed the Nazi/Christians hate Jews person.  That tool aside, that thread has been pretty damned civil for a religion thread on GAF.

It's a thread about Atheists being marginalized, but here comes PD with his 12 inch long persecution complex to make his Christian side feel good!

Set me straight, PD.  Just try. 
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4229 on: February 08, 2007, 02:35:33 AM »
PD, you are a fucking idiot.

I'm not trying to joke with you or get a funny reaction out of you.

You are seriously far beyond help if you expect anybody to argue with you about what one guy said on a forum about nazism being a result of christianity because one person labeled it that on a forum.

Instead of thinking about what the admirable qualities of each side is, you bring up the fucking idiot so don't ever talk about religion again.

TVC15

« Reply #4230 on: February 08, 2007, 02:40:22 AM »
PD, you are a fucking idiot.

I'm not trying to joke with you or get a funny reaction out of you.

You are seriously far beyond help if you expect anybody to argue with you about what one guy said on a forum about nazism being a result of christianity because one person labeled it that on a forum.

Instead of thinking about what the admirable qualities of each side is, you bring up the fucking idiot so don't ever talk about religion again.

Tell me about it.  What the fuck is with the Calvinist comments?  He's on my GAF shitlest now, once he returns.  What a tard.
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4231 on: February 08, 2007, 02:45:45 AM »
Tell me about it.  What the fuck is with the Calvinist comments?  He's on my GAF shitlest now, once he returns.  What a tard.
It's pure distinguished mentally-challenged.

You have to try if you're religious and hate atheists.

bagofeyes

• blow me - I deserve it
« Reply #4232 on: February 08, 2007, 03:10:31 AM »
PD on ignore is bliss. What an absolute cockhead.

TVC15

« Reply #4233 on: February 08, 2007, 03:15:53 AM »
PD on ignore is bliss. What an absolute cockhead.

He goes from really good to really bad.  I have the feeling he's fighting what he grew up as mentally, but as long as he's stuck living in the midwest, he's doomed to fall on the non-rational side of the argument.  It's a pity because he is an intelligent individual.
serge

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #4234 on: February 08, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »
u guyz r so meen  :'(
haw

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4235 on: February 08, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »
Quote from: HomShaBom's
If the government were neutral, religions would be paying tax like every other money grubbing corporation.

Quote from: Dan
Just because religion results in some good deeds, does not mean religion has value. Besides, I question the virtue of anyone who helps their community because they believe a god wants them to rather than out of true love and charity.

Quote from: robertsan21
I dont mind that other people belive in god, I just feel sorry for them that they believe in a thing they read in a book that can be made up for all we know, there are NO evidence out thare that proofes that a god ever existed.

I am a beliver of facts and cold hard evidence that proofs shit and if that makes me an idiot you better look in to a mirror to see the real fool
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not offensive, just Robertsan being a dumbass...again
[close]

Quote from: Chrono
That was nauseating. There's nothing more ****ing revolting on this earth than religion - or specifically the 'Abrahamic' ones. Actually their followers take the cake. Atheists need to expand into space, gundam seed coordinator style, and leave these morons to nuke each other into hell

Quote from: Mr Toast
Tell me, would you feel comfortable if your nation consisted of, and was run by voodoo practitioners, for example?

Quote from: PhlegmMaster
I want to eradicate the parts of Islam which are pro-oppression and pro-violence. Not all of Islam in its current form is oppressive... just most of it. That's what I mean by "weaken".

Quote from: Mr Toast
Irrational and potentially dangerous behaviour and ideals should be called out for exactly what it is.

What? I've made a simple claim: If there weren't laws against such behavior, approximately a quarter of British Muslims would be murdering apostates as we speak. They've admitted as much. Christians (or Jews, or Hindus, or atheists), put in the same situation, would not do this.

Quote from: Verano
I just want you to acknowledge that he professed his Christian belief.
His beliefs did in fact motivate german catholics/christians to align themselves with the Nazi party.

Revisionist history FTL, Boogie and White Man FTW

a) Religious claims are false, but even if they weren't, those who make such claims with any degree of certitude don't really know they're right, therefore they are lying, either to themselves or to other people.

Apostates in Muslim countries are, in fact, often murdered by your average Muslim citizen, not executed by the state.

Quote from: Clint Eastwood
In the end I think that it boils down to some people being further developed than others. By education or their sheer genetics. You have to admit that most religious folks aren't the brightest, at least those who really believe all that and don't use it to get rich. First I was angry at them but I began to understand that some people just don't have what it takes to be an atheist. Because it is hard to live on the cutting edge of consciousness and try to obtain control over animalistic and primitive emotional states. Just like you can't force people to be good at math or logic or reason.

I'm imagining things? Please. And as you can see, I didn't even quote Count Dookkake. Nearly every post I quoted features at least one type of logical fallacy/generalization. Yet apparently when aimed at religion or even conservatism, it's pefectly ok.

Previously I had been of the belief that if people on GAF insulted Islam the way they insult Christianity they'd be banned on the spot. Well PhlegmMaster has proved me wrong.

TVC15

« Reply #4236 on: February 08, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
Some of them are ignorant statements, but none of them are THAT bad or unheard of.

Please tell, PD, you think religions should maintain their tax exempt status?  No logical fallacy there -- for what reason should they be tax exempt in a country that pretends to have a separation of church and state.
serge

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4237 on: February 08, 2007, 12:20:24 PM »
Some of them are ignorant statements, but none of them are THAT bad or unheard of.

Please tell, PD, you think religions should maintain their tax exempt status?  No logical fallacy there -- for what reason should they be tax exempt in a country that pretends to have a separation of church and state.

They do alot of good for the community and they are NON-PROFIT. Except for catholic churches which probably are for profit, who knows.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4238 on: February 08, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »

I think religious organizations that meddle with politics should lose their tax exempt status, because at that point they aren't solely a religious orgainization anymore - they're a religious front. With respect to taxing churches, I don't believe the government should have any contact with churches, or the funds which they raise through offerings (or tithes...although that's another story...). Seperation of church and state should work both ways.

TVC15

« Reply #4239 on: February 08, 2007, 12:28:50 PM »

I think religious organizations that meddle with politics should lose their tax exempt status, because at that point they aren't solely a religious orgainization anymore - they're a religious front. With respect to taxing churches, I don't believe the government should have any contact with churches, or the funds which they raise through offerings (or tithes...although that's another story...). Seperation of church and state should work both ways.

Why shouldn't they?  Churches are very profitable.  Why should they not have to pay taxes like any business?
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4240 on: February 08, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »

Why shouldn't they?  Churches are very profitable.  Why should they not have to pay taxes like any business?

A church is not a business. The definition of a business is an organization who's main goal is to make profit. By definition churches are not businesses and it would be incorrect to classify them as such, or universities or hospitals for that matter.

And speaking of business...I gotta head back to school

But with respect to the posts quoted, they aren't tame. You have expressed opposition and annoyance to many of FoC's claims about Islam, yet PhlegmMaster goes scott free. I'm not saying he should be banned, or anyone for that matter, but to deny the double standard which exists would be stupid

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #4241 on: February 08, 2007, 12:34:04 PM »
Goodbye, and don't let your ass hit the door on the way out!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141710
 >:( >:( >:(

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4242 on: February 08, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »

Are you a dumbass? Churches are not their to make money, thats not why they exist. Do some? Maybe I dont know, but 98% do not. Most do alot for the community, such as host Scouting troops, dances, socials, informal classes, feed the poor etc...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:36:34 PM by FlameOfCallandor »

TVC15

« Reply #4243 on: February 08, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »
If your fool ass wanted someone plutoed, I'd be more likely to not ban them.  Plegm will get himself banned again soon.  But once again, your paranoia to find anti-religious sentiment is basically whipping out your persecution complex and cockslapping us with it.  It's a thread about atheism.  How about quoting all the bad things stupid christians said in that thread, too?  Oh, that wouldn't work because then it wouldn't be one-sided, and you wouldn't be able to get off on your persecution.

And without resorting to words like "religious institution" or "charity," why should churches not be taxed?  They take in far more money than they put out, thus the charity and non-profit claims don't stick.  Churches remaining tax exempt is just another relic of the past.  Tax them like a business and watch our coffers fill up fast.
serge

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4244 on: February 08, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »
And without resorting to words like "religious institution" or "charity," why should churches not be taxed?

I'm terribly sorry, I thought you could read.  Illiteracy is never a laughing matter.  :'(

TVC15

« Reply #4245 on: February 08, 2007, 12:44:01 PM »
And without resorting to words like "religious institution" or "charity," why should churches not be taxed?

I'm terribly sorry, I thought you could read.  Illiteracy is never a laughing matter.  :'(

Um, what?  Giving up on the argument so quickly?  I don't see anything inherently dumb in what I wrote.
serge

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #4246 on: February 08, 2007, 12:46:42 PM »

Um, what?  Giving up on the argument so quickly?  I don't see anything inherently dumb in what I wrote.

Did you not read what I wrote, the majority of churches dont run for a profit. Except scientology.

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #4247 on: February 08, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »
My GAF ban is up today! And I'm back from Illinois. It's like a forum coming home instead of a real coming home.
wha

Tauntaun

« Reply #4248 on: February 08, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
My GAF pluto is up today! And I'm back from Illinois. It's like a forum coming home instead of a real coming home.

If I were King of GAF I'd welcome you back with jubilant monkeys dancing and throwing poo at each other for your personal amusement.  :)  Stand firm and await the day!

GilloD

« Reply #4249 on: February 08, 2007, 01:16:37 PM »
My GAF pluto is up today! And I'm back from Illinois. It's like a forum coming home instead of a real coming home.

If I were King of GAF I'd welcome you back with jubilant monkeys dancing and throwing poo at each other for your personal amusement.  :)  Stand firm and await the day!

God, GAF sucks all of a sudden. Where'd all the nerds come from in the OT? Gosh. No one even replied to my "I'm back!" thread.
wha

Himu

« Reply #4250 on: February 08, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
"All of a sudden?" Haha GilloD.
IYKYK

GilloD

« Reply #4251 on: February 08, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
"All of a sudden?" Haha GilloD.

Well, it's like. Going away for 2 months and then coming home to the town you grew up in only to find out that everyone got distinguished mentally-challenged in the meantime.

Also, are you Mupepe or not because I was gone for a week and I saw the post but my girlfriend wanted to have sex and, well, hey.
wha

Himu

« Reply #4252 on: February 08, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
I'm not mupepe.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #4253 on: February 08, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »

Did you not read what I wrote, the majority of churches dont run for a profit. Except scientology.

Really?  Well, there's no way of telling since chruches in the US for no reason do not have to report their income.  Even charitable orgs have to do that.  But I assure you, at least Roman Catholcism, probably the most popular religion in the US, rins a very tidy profit.

Churches should get no special treatment in regards to taxes.  If they went to open their books up, and their numbers show that they can be considered a charity, then so be it, they can be a charity.  But the current way things are run is flat-out wrong.  Churches don't have to report their income or keep records like charities do.  There is no reason churches should have special treatment in this regard.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4254 on: February 08, 2007, 01:25:13 PM »
Himuro, yes you are.

GilloD

wha

Tauntaun

« Reply #4256 on: February 08, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »
God, GAF sucks all of a sudden. Where'd all the nerds come from in the OT? Gosh. No one even replied to my "I'm back!" thread.

Here you go my dear friend:

*Those monkeys are totally about to hammer that kid with mookie stinks mmmkay?*

GilloD

« Reply #4257 on: February 08, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

Here you go my dear friend:

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)
*Those monkeys are totally about to hammer that kid with mookie stinks mmmkay?*

You're the best!
wha

Tauntaun

« Reply #4258 on: February 08, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »
You're the best!

No you are!  ;)  teehehehehehehehe  :-*

GilloD

« Reply #4259 on: February 08, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
You're the best!

No you are!  ;)  teehehehehehehehe  :-*

Finally! My own EB Homoerotic love-in.  :-* :-* :P
wha