Author Topic: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)  (Read 474560 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)
« Reply #1080 on: November 09, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »
I am not nor have I ever been a tvc 15.  I've used this handle for years.
I like your wiener.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1081 on: November 09, 2006, 06:10:08 PM »
I am not nor have I ever been a tvc 15.  I've used this handle for years.
mmmkay.

Himu

« Reply #1082 on: November 09, 2006, 06:57:08 PM »
dude, tvc15 is White Man. That guy is definitely note WM.
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1083 on: November 09, 2006, 07:18:18 PM »
dude, tvc15 is White Man. That guy is definitely note WM.
I thought he had changed the name of the poster who did those specific posts to wave-e.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1084 on: November 09, 2006, 07:38:30 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4805977&posted=1#post4805977

This thread is filled with so much stupidity it makes my balls hurt

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #1085 on: November 09, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
-jinx- is in seriously need of a swirlie

the delight he gets from banning people disgusts me

and White Man too, while we're at it; you're enjoyable over here but your persona over there makes me want to slap you in the face with my limp dick
dap

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1086 on: November 09, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »
Seriously, guys take it easy on the bannings over there. My ass still hurts from the last one.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1087 on: November 09, 2006, 09:28:25 PM »
and White Man too, while we're at it; you're enjoyable over here but your persona over there makes me want to slap you in the face with my limp dick

I lay on the smarmy over there, but I didn't think I was that much worse. :(
serge

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1088 on: November 09, 2006, 09:43:59 PM »
your delight in finding out the conspiracy of FoC's fake nick is just grotesque, but that might be because -jinx- is practically spooging on himself in delight on catching the wascal

for fucks sake, it's a message board, lighten up. do the corporate masters really not mind a few joke characters? how does Serafkaitra keep posting there in that case, she's an ADMITTED fraud?
dap

TVC15

« Reply #1089 on: November 09, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
your delight in finding out the conspiracy of FoC's fake nick is just grotesque, but that might be because -jinx- is practically spooging on himself in delight on catching the wascal

I can't help it.  He's like my least favorite poster ever.  I am somewhat proud of my detective trick though I also find it somewhat disturbing that I remembered an FoC quote about Chinatown from like 5 months earlier.

for fucks sake, it's a message board, lighten up. do the corporate masters really not mind a few joke characters? how does Serafkaitra keep posting there in that case, she's an ADMITTED fraud?

I barely ever ban people.  I have no idea what's up with sera, either.
serge

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1090 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:15 PM »
Doesnt change the fact that I got banned for being a joke character and I'm not a joke character.

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1091 on: November 09, 2006, 09:52:57 PM »
just go back there and ban her, she's in clear violation of the ToS! see that's when I'll believe that busting out the ToS is a legitimate move, instead of being the arbitrary slide rule we all know it is.

see that's why I used to hate Drinky, MAF et al. because they could get away with shit that I could not get away with, and I fucking hate that, you know? i don't think i'm so bad of a poster or whatever to have deserved all the bannings I got a GAf but yet banned I got, and the fucking ToS was always quoted like it was biblical scripture. fucking faguyres
dap

TVC15

« Reply #1092 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:32 PM »
just go back there and ban her, she's in clear violation of the ToS! see that's when I'll believe that busting out the ToS is a legitimate move, instead of being the arbitrary slide rule we all know it is.

see that's why I used to hate Drinky, MAF et al. because they could get away with shit that I could not get away with, and I fucking hate that, you know? i don't think i'm so bad of a poster or whatever to have deserved all the bannings I got a GAf but yet banned I got, and the fucking ToS was always quoted like it was biblical scripture. fucking faguyres (Image removed from quote.)

I just follow policy as I see it.  I can't change anything.  I don't even like all the mods!  I try my best to be fair and that's that.  Also I would like to know about the serafitia thing, too!
serge

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1093 on: November 09, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »
so she has a free pass, then?
dap

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1094 on: November 09, 2006, 10:00:45 PM »
She has a secret lover.
PSP

TVC15

« Reply #1095 on: November 09, 2006, 10:03:01 PM »
so she has a free pass, then?

WHO SAYS IT'S A SHE!
serge

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #1096 on: November 09, 2006, 10:16:04 PM »
BUT IM AWESOME NOW RIGHT CORNEY!?! GOD DAMNIT I CANT QUIT U!!!!!!
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1097 on: November 09, 2006, 10:19:02 PM »
White Man is probably the most consistent and fair mod over there.  I would also say Amirox in the Gaming Forum despite his taste in games.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1098 on: November 09, 2006, 10:20:13 PM »
The thing is the GAF Mods ARE consistent, but only with themselves lol.

Too many fukin people with a ban hammer over there.
o_0

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1099 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:15 PM »
I've always found Amirox and White Man awesome. Their the two most approachable mods on the board. Everyone else has an air of elitism to them.

Yep. I worry about my posting because I can post something that Bish and Wellington would find cool but then BuddyC would be offended by. Its like you need to walk on eggshells x1000000000
:9

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1100 on: November 09, 2006, 10:23:14 PM »

I'd rather them be constistent because there are always going to be qualms with policy.  At least be intelligent enough not to contradict yourselves.  Just learn who not to piss off  lolz

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1101 on: November 09, 2006, 10:26:07 PM »
The only way they could be consistent as a whole is to reduce the modship to a small number like evilbore. Its just a numbers game.

I mean you ALWAYS know what to expect from them individually, even if what you expect is insanity.
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1102 on: November 09, 2006, 10:54:14 PM »
The only way they could be consistent as a whole is to reduce the modship to a small number like evilbore. Its just a numbers game.

I mean you ALWAYS know what to expect from them individually, even if what you expect is insanity.
The only mod I expect to be insane at GAF is Dragona.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #1103 on: November 09, 2006, 11:32:25 PM »
bish gives me badass tags.  I can't complain.
MMA

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1104 on: November 10, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »
haha.

I got banned once. Only once.

I posted one comment in a rap thread about how rap sucks. That was trolling.

Considering how much people troll over there and don't get banned, that makes me sick to my stomach.

By the way, not all rap sucks.
HLR

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1105 on: November 10, 2006, 12:03:58 AM »
haha.
Considering how much people troll over there and don't get banned, that makes me sick to my stomach.
Was there a huge clusterfuck of circle-jerking after that because I think I remember that and I hardly every go to the forum.

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #1106 on: November 10, 2006, 12:08:25 AM »

see that's why I used to hate Drinky, MAF et al. because they could get away with shit that I could not get away with, and I fucking hate that, you know? i don't think i'm so bad of a poster or whatever to have deserved all the bannings I got a GAf but yet banned I got, and the fucking ToS was always quoted like it was biblical scripture. fucking faguyres (Image removed from quote.)

*clap clap clap*

Finally a good string of replies after WEEKS! I thought you'd sold out and mellowed on this board, mang!

The same ol' Cornelius full of resolve that I liked!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1107 on: November 10, 2006, 12:08:53 AM »
GAF moderation problems come from 1) having too many cooks in the kitchen, 2) the completely arbitrary way they were chosen (I think Kohan's responsible for me, personally), and 3) no real effort to get everyone on the same page.

So you get a dozen different approaches, and nobody tries to hammer anything out until someone steps on someone else's protected list.

Drinky was a fine admin.  Yeah, he raped the ToS every other post, but he never banned anyone for doing something he'd do (or really anyone outside crazy racists).  MAF would have been okay if he was ever sober.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1108 on: November 10, 2006, 12:14:10 AM »
haha.
Was there a huge clusterfuck of circle-jerking after that because I think I remember that and I hardly every go to the forum.

I dunno... I had to email them to tell me why I was banned. It was only for like two weeks, but I guarantee that probably occurred.

Oh well. I still post there as well as here, but I don't care as much what I post over there anymore, mainly because I know I have an alternative message board or two (mine and Evilbore)
HLR

TVC15

« Reply #1109 on: November 10, 2006, 12:15:50 AM »
GAF moderation problems come from 1) having too many cooks in the kitchen, 2) the completely arbitrary way they were chosen (I think Kohan's responsible for me, personally)

I heard that people would get banned as the result of Kohan games :p
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1110 on: November 10, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »
I heard Blackace was racist.
fat

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1111 on: November 10, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »
I dunno... I had to email them to tell me why I was banned. It was only for like two weeks, but I guarantee that probably occurred.
Oh well. I still post there as well as here, but I don't care as much what I post over there anymore, mainly because I know I have an alternative message board or two (mine and Evilbore)
Yeah the forum's posters are fucking messed up.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1112 on: November 10, 2006, 12:26:59 AM »
GAF moderation problems come from 1) having too many cooks in the kitchen, 2) the completely arbitrary way they were chosen (I think Kohan's responsible for me, personally), and 3) no real effort to get everyone on the same page.

So you get a dozen different approaches, and nobody tries to hammer anything out until someone steps on someone else's protected list.

Drinky was a fine admin.  Yeah, he raped the ToS every other post, but he never banned anyone for doing something he'd do (or really anyone outside crazy racists).  MAF would have been okay if he was ever sober.

I agree. Although, eventually gets pretty easy to tell who's watching who. If I'm posting in the sports threads, I know I'm all good because Wellington is very laid back, and he understands the GAF sports culture that's been created by Bionic77 and others.

If I'm posting in a political thread, I know White Man and Madark are watching my ass; White Man is one of the best mods I've ever seen on a message board, and Mardark is pretty laid back as well.

The videogame threads are tricky though. I've noticed Sporsk is rather inconsistant with his banning. One day he might ban someone for a dumb post that was meant to be funny, and the next day he'll let it slide. I'm pretty sure he's the one who banned me until Dec., which was rather unprecidented considering what I "did".

Another problem is that the mods have slowly taken the fun out of the board. I can understand the ban on fap threads; if someone wants to look at boobs, they can come here or anywhere else on the internet. But many threads created solely for laughs end in bannings. If I tried to post my "Brazilian chicks.." thread on today's GAF, it would have been locked pretty quickly. Those threads are fun and harmless. And besides: it's pretty easy for a mod to recognize that a thread like that could feature some over the top posts, making their job easier.

On GAF I feel that I constantly have to watch my back. I know some mods can't stand me, so recently I've made sure to be rather serious. The vast majority of my recent threads over there have been very serious. Yet I still get banned for petty jokes? Meh

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1113 on: November 10, 2006, 12:39:46 AM »
Is GAF down for anyone else?
HLR

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1114 on: November 10, 2006, 12:40:13 AM »
Yes our plan worked!
PSP

TVC15

« Reply #1115 on: November 10, 2006, 12:41:33 AM »
Is GAF down for anyone else?

Yeah, but I don't know why.
serge

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1116 on: November 10, 2006, 12:42:15 AM »
THIS IS OUR SURPRISE GAF IS DEAD JOIN EVILBORE WOO
PSP

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1117 on: November 10, 2006, 12:46:57 AM »
Yes our plan worked!

12:41 AM EST NOVEMBER 10th

HLR

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1118 on: November 10, 2006, 12:47:10 AM »
so the forum will get slow now?

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #1119 on: November 10, 2006, 12:54:32 AM »

I agree. Although, eventually gets pretty easy to tell who's watching who. If I'm posting in the sports threads, I know I'm all good because Wellington is very laid back, and he understands the GAF sports culture that's been created by Bionic77 and others.

If I'm posting in a political thread, I know White Man and Madark are watching my ass; White Man is one of the best mods I've ever seen on a message board, and Mardark is pretty laid back as well.

The videogame threads are tricky though. I've noticed Sporsk is rather inconsistant with his banning. One day he might ban someone for a dumb post that was meant to be funny, and the next day he'll let it slide. I'm pretty sure he's the one who banned me until Dec., which was rather unprecidented considering what I "did".

Another problem is that the mods have slowly taken the fun out of the board. I can understand the ban on fap threads; if someone wants to look at boobs, they can come here or anywhere else on the internet. But many threads created solely for laughs end in bannings. If I tried to post my "Brazilian chicks.." thread on today's GAF, it would have been locked pretty quickly. Those threads are fun and harmless. And besides: it's pretty easy for a mod to recognize that a thread like that could feature some over the top posts, making their job easier.

On GAF I feel that I constantly have to watch my back. I know some mods can't stand me, so recently I've made sure to be rather serious. The vast majority of my recent threads over there have been very serious. Yet I still get banned for petty jokes? Meh

The simple fact of the matter is that GAF has gone to shit in recent months. It started before the censoring, and it's only been worse since.

Blame the advertisers and the admins who bend over for them, I guess.
8=D

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1120 on: November 10, 2006, 12:57:58 AM »
I blame the mods for squelching the people who made the forum fun and letting the fanboys that spout sales numbers and WHO SHUD I DATE threads run amok.
o_0

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #1121 on: November 10, 2006, 01:01:08 AM »
I blame the mods for squelching the people who made the forum fun and letting the fanboys that spout sales numbers and WHO SHUD I DATE threads run amok.

What, like you and Drinky? :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1122 on: November 10, 2006, 01:01:40 AM »
The censoring is when GAF noticeably changed, its crazy how instantly GAF changed though, like turning on a switch. I'm just happy I posted on the cusp of the old GAF before the censoring.

I think it more or less effected the OT though. The gaming forum is still as rambunctious as ever! The OT is now very very boring. Its filled with the unfunny posters that were noise while the funny ones posted things that are now not allowed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:03:25 AM by BlueTsunami »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1123 on: November 10, 2006, 01:03:07 AM »
Sure, like me and Drinky. What person isn't self-serving on the internet?
o_0

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1124 on: November 10, 2006, 02:00:29 AM »
GAF moderation problems come from 1) having too many cooks in the kitchen, 2) the completely arbitrary way they were chosen (I think Kohan's responsible for me, personally)

I heard that people would get banned as the result of Kohan games :p

Oh, man, the CK/Matlock hate back in the day was palpable.  CK was genuinely angry at Matlock for sucking when he was on CK's team.  As much of a dingus as Matlock is, it's not like being bad at Kohan is a choice he made.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1125 on: November 10, 2006, 02:05:40 AM »
Seriously guys. WHO should i date?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1126 on: November 10, 2006, 02:39:01 AM »
Kohan rocked, I loved it.
o_0

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1127 on: November 10, 2006, 03:52:59 AM »
HOT DOG BAR?

drohne

« Reply #1128 on: November 10, 2006, 05:14:47 AM »
Someone needs to tell drohne "wit" and high school faux-intellectualism aren't really one and the same.

so bona to vada! oh you! your lovely eek and your lovely riah!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
lol cigarillo
[close]

we've never had a spat about anything mupepe and i don't care a damn about your perversions.

hi evilbore. hi.

drohne

« Reply #1129 on: November 10, 2006, 05:16:39 AM »
can i call polari a cigarillo here? is that within the bounds of the tos? do you even say "tos" here?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1130 on: November 10, 2006, 05:17:10 AM »
drohne

<3

can i call polari a cigarillo here? is that within the bounds of the tos? do you even say "tos" here?

You can call him a douchebag and that he likes to drink the pee of an elderly woman

oh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck is cool too, fuck

drohne

« Reply #1131 on: November 10, 2006, 05:20:36 AM »
i think i'll content myself with 'cigarillo' for now, but thanks bluetsunami
 :-* :-* :-*

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1132 on: November 10, 2006, 05:24:09 AM »
:-*

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #1133 on: November 10, 2006, 05:39:57 AM »
Someone sounds upset. :lol

drohne

« Reply #1134 on: November 10, 2006, 05:53:10 AM »
i'm actually kind of pleased that i've finally been mentioned in the evilbore gaf thread. i was kind of hoping it'd be saint corny, but you will do, polari.  :-* :-* :-*

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1135 on: November 10, 2006, 10:44:03 AM »
Unleash your animal rage, drohne.
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1136 on: November 10, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »
drohne! :o

duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1137 on: November 10, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »

we've never had a spat about anything mupepe and i don't care a damn about your perversions.
Really?

Oh man, all this time then I've had hidden angst for no reason.  Even though I never really cared.  I just thought you hated me. 

*HUGGLES*

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1138 on: November 10, 2006, 06:20:59 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4815002&postcount=25

Oh man, someone is bound to get pissed off.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1139 on: November 11, 2006, 05:08:46 AM »
Someone needs to tell drohne "wit" and high school faux-intellectualism aren't really one and the same.
drohne knows what he's on about, to the point where I don't talk lit to him for fear of coming across as a rube.  This is from someone who's been surrounded by high school faux-intellectualism.

You want that stuff, check out cicero.