Author Topic: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)  (Read 474448 times)

Mondain

• no bias
Re: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)
« Reply #1200 on: November 14, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »
I was banned for dumb shit, and I dont feel like making a new account.

Moderation there is spotty at best.

F'realz.  There are like two good mods/admins (White Man and Bish) and the rest range from merely ok (Wellington, wasabi) to downright bad stupid (the fearsome duo of Evilore and sp0rsk).

Evilore used to be ok, too.  It's like his ego grew three sizes too big after the switch over to neogaf.

lol, I've read soooo many old Ezboard OA threads and some of EviLore's posts over there were really funny... at the time he was cooperating to unban some unjustly banned OAers and give people clarifications, but also at times he was trolling for validation, it was really hilarious

i should check to see if i can find some of these hilarious threads back, the contrast is very big versus today... seems his ego grew a little bit more every year

Mupepe

• Icon

LiuKangBakingAPie

« Reply #1202 on: November 14, 2006, 09:55:29 PM »
F'realz.  There are like two good mods/admins (White Man and Bish) and the rest range from merely ok (Wellington, wasabi) to downright bad stupid (the fearsome duo of Evilore and sp0rsk).
Wellington makes up the majority of my reputation drops, and a large majority of that is him getting pissy because I said something mean about him or about something he cares about. He drops a poor excuse into the reputation drop reason box to try and one-up me since he isn't clever enough to do that on the board itself. One of his reasons went along the lines of "that's not how it works, asshole," something that would've gotten him moderated if he had posted it on the board.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:57:42 PM by LiuKangBakingAPie »

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1203 on: November 14, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »
I think its safe to say GAF is kind of going down hill anyway.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1204 on: November 14, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
Wellington makes up the majority of my reputation drops, and a large majority of that is him getting pissy because I said something mean about him or about something he cares about. He drops a poor excuse into the reputation drop reason box to try and one-up me since he isn't clever enough to do that on the board itself. One of his reasons went along the lines of "that's not how it works, asshole," something that would've gotten him moderated if he had posted it on the board.
I wish I knew how I lost reputation points. I checked the other day and I was down to 8. WTF

And I think GAF been going downhill since it moved from ezboard, but since the change to NeoGAF the slide has sped up tenfold.
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1205 on: November 14, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »
I wish I knew how I lost reputation points. I checked the other day and I was down to 8. WTF

And I think GAF been going downhill since it moved from ezboard, but since the change to NeoGAF the slide has sped up tenfold.

Yah, and it's become rather obvious moving from under Jim's stewardship to the dynamic duo of Evilore and Hitokage is pretty much the reason.  I also guess the board became too popular for it's own good- if the only option they can see to keep it up and running is to accept ads from advertisers who insist on censorship, well then I think the board has become too popular.  Of course, I think it should be closed to lurkers no matter what, and all Nintendo fans should be culled, so what do I know lol.

Oh, and I forgot that Mandark is a pretty good mod, too.  He has an irrational hatred of Manabyte, and that's ok in my book.
yar

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1206 on: November 14, 2006, 10:41:18 PM »
I don't think BuddyC likes me

:(

Oh, and I forgot that Mandark is a pretty good mod, too.  He has an irrational hatred of Manabyte, and that's ok in my book.

:lol Thats fricken awesome. Mandark is awesome
:9

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1207 on: November 14, 2006, 11:10:42 PM »
Hm I always felt Wellington was nice. You've got to try HARD to piss him off, IE make a troll post about the Giants/Barber

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1208 on: November 14, 2006, 11:14:39 PM »
Wellington is cool with me, seeing as how I like the Giants and all lawl
:9

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1209 on: November 15, 2006, 01:26:03 AM »
I keep on getting banned from GAF for trolling Sony products.... Im just bitter about them crapping out on me all the time  :(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1210 on: November 15, 2006, 02:11:25 AM »
I keep on getting banned from GAF for trolling Sony products.... Im just bitter about them crapping out on me all the time  :(

Here's an idea: don't post in Sony threads. I avoid that shit like the plague. GAF is a group of hypocrits when it comes to Sony. Just listen to them laughing at Nintendo for having 400,000 Wiis for the Japanese launch, but you better believe if you go over there and laugh at Sony's pathetic 85,000 PS3 shipment you'll get blown off the internet for "trolling".

I remember this time last year when everyday a mod would lock a thread containing some kind of negative story about the PS3. Now every single story - the production problems to third parties cancelling games/jumping ship - are coming true.  :lol

Doesn't even have a 1.0 software attatchment rate and people over there trying to spin it as good for Sony. "Bu bu bu the PS3 can do so much more, so it's obvious people are buying it to not play games." Naw bitch, they're buying the PS3 and not getting games because there are no games worth buying.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1211 on: November 15, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

Here's an idea: don't post in Sony threads. I avoid that shit like the plague. GAF is a group of hypocrits when it comes to Sony. Just listen to them laughing at Nintendo for having 400,000 Wiis for the Japanese launch, but you better believe if you go over there and laugh at Sony's pathetic 85,000 PS3 shipment you'll get blown off the internet for "trolling".

I remember this time last year when everyday a mod would lock a thread containing some kind of negative story about the PS3. Now every single story - the production problems to third parties cancelling games/jumping ship - are coming true.  :lol

Doesn't even have a 1.0 software attatchment rate and people over there trying to spin it as good for Sony. "Bu bu bu the PS3 can do so much more, so it's obvious people are buying it to not play games." Naw bitch, they're buying the PS3 and not getting games because there are no games worth buying.

True, true.  360 for the next gen win.  There are no other competitors.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1212 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:33 AM »
WTF Himuro is unbanned at GAF? >:(

I thought you were banned until December negro >:(

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #1213 on: November 15, 2006, 11:08:43 AM »
he got banned AGAIN

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1214 on: November 15, 2006, 11:18:58 AM »
(neutral)   Himuro
Banned
(Today, 03:14 PM)

WTF :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EvilLore must have noticed he was back :lol

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1215 on: November 15, 2006, 11:26:51 AM »
Himuro, you are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged bro.

He went back into the topic he got banned for, bumped it up after like 45 days of inactivity, to respond to a bunch of people who ripped on him while he was banned. It was a huge ass post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4856307&postcount=345

Previous post was on October 6th.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1216 on: November 15, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »
WTF?

Wow Himuro, why did you do that? Are you crazy damn

Error2k4

« Reply #1217 on: November 15, 2006, 11:56:01 AM »
Himuro... WTF!? Ami unbanned you and the first thing you do is bump that shitty thread :lol

AAA

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1218 on: November 15, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »
Himuro is an angry black man.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1219 on: November 15, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »
Wow, just...wow. I doubt Ami is very happy about this; he helped you out and you spit in his crack pipe

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1220 on: November 15, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »
And people wonder why they get banned.
AMC

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1221 on: November 15, 2006, 12:37:11 PM »
Wow, just...wow. I doubt Ami is very happy about this; he helped you out and you spit in his crack pipe

Word.

I wonder how long this one will be.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1222 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »
GAF is such a shithole now.

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #1223 on: November 15, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »
Quote from: Himuro at GAf
*blows nail*

Now what the fuck is that??  :lol

GAF is such a shithole now.

NOW??? It's always been a shithole, people are finally starting to realize it.
dap

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1224 on: November 15, 2006, 12:40:52 PM »
Naw, GAF used to be a decent place with a large comunity of mostly semi-intelligent people.

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1225 on: November 15, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »
Naw, GAf has always been a place for fanbois to stroke each other off and the worst of the stereotypical nerds running the place like it was Lord of the Flies, Cyber Edition.
dap

« Reply #1226 on: November 15, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
Naw, GAf has always been a place for fanbois to stroke each other off and the worst of the stereotypical nerds running the place like it was Lord of the Flies, Cyber Edition.
:lol
P90

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1227 on: November 15, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »
I bet he got another three months. When I would come back from long bans, I'd make an extra effort to be quiet/lay low for at least a month before pulling any shit. Come on Himu

GAF used to be a great place to have fun and kick back. Now everything is up tight, censored, and watered down. There's a middle ground between being OA over the top and being Iran-esque oppressive of free speech, and the mods need to recognize.

I hope more people from GAF come over here, because I feel EvilBore offers a mixture of over the top hilarity with good discussions, without the stupidity of OA or the censoring of GAF. That's a good thing imo. I still like GAF, and I respect the mods, but I hate the way they've allowed petty ads to change the way things are run. Does Amazon give a fuck whether someone is posting fap threads? They most likely would love it, and try to sell you a swimsuit calender to make some cash money

Himu

« Reply #1228 on: November 15, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »
This makes no sense. Because I'm unbanned I can't bump my own threads? If I can't discuss anything in it, it should have been closed.

I didn't start any shit at all, all I did was say my piece that I've wanted to say for months. Something I couldn't..because I was BANNED, and expected the thread to be closed.

It's no fair to me that I can't reply to what people said, that is wayyyy off base, when I was banned and had no way to respond at all. That's a bitch move and I'm tired of those fucks doing that crap.

But no matter. I'm banned until the 29th.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1229 on: November 15, 2006, 12:57:02 PM »
Amazon doesn't dictate forum policy, it's the ad network they're on.
PSP

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1230 on: November 15, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »
Tyler Malka dictates forum policy! And if you want to kowtow to such a fucking hypocritical asshole, keep going back to GAf, fellas
dap

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1231 on: November 15, 2006, 01:00:06 PM »
This makes no sense. Because I'm unbanned I can't bump my own threads? If I can't discuss anything in it, it should have been closed.

I didn't start any shit at all, all I did was say my piece that I've wanted to say for months. Something I couldn't..because I was BANNED, and expected the thread to be closed.

It's no fair to me that I can't reply to what people said, that is wayyyy off base, when I was banned and had no way to respond at all. That's a bitch move and I'm tired of those fucks doing that crap.

But no matter. I'm banned until the 29th.

Why the hell would you bump the thread you got banned over IN THE FIRST PLACE? Christ

Willco: how does that work though? Like, I know money is involved, but I'm not sure how the agency sets protocol for the board. Is it just a "you scratch my back I scratch yours" type deal?

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1232 on: November 15, 2006, 01:01:03 PM »
Why the hell should he be banned for defending himself?
dap

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1233 on: November 15, 2006, 01:01:44 PM »
Himuro, that was kinda dumb.  Really now.

That said, GAF is a much more uptight place now.  There's no way I could get away with something like my classic "ICO, Triumph Style" thread where I correctly noted that it was a steaming pile of horsecrap as far as gameplay went, and that people only liked it because of "OMG TEH IMMURRSION!"

yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1234 on: November 15, 2006, 01:01:45 PM »
No, they belong to an ad network, and EviLore says, "We'll allow these types on ads here." And the ad network picks advertisers that match the demographic EviLore has chosen, and as per traffic rating and complicated logistics, GAF gets the moneys.  Now, in order to sign with the ad network, they had to clean up the forum because they won't sign with a site that's not within their parameters of decency, I guess.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #1235 on: November 15, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »

Why the hell would you bump the thread you got banned over IN THE FIRST PLACE? Christ

Because common sense says that people are not banned for the threads they post in, they are banned for their posts. The reason I was banned before was I went out of control and basically trolled. That deserved a banning.

Posting a reply in my own fucking thread does not deserve banning, and if you didn't want me to post a reply I should have been notified. With the thread open, and tons of baseless replies thrown out in the open towards me, how could I NOT reply? It should have been obvious from day one that one of the first things I would reply to would be the thread where people shit talked while I was banned like the bitches they are.

Unlike you, I'm not scared of that shit and there should be no reason I should be.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1236 on: November 15, 2006, 01:04:01 PM »
No, they belong to an ad network, and EviLore says, "We'll allow these types on ads here." And the ad network picks advertisers that match the demographic EviLore has chosen, and as per traffic rating and complicated logistics, GAF gets the moneys.  Now, in order to sign with the ad network, they had to clean up the forum because they won't sign with a site that's not within their parameters of decency, I guess.

About how much money is involved? And is it used to furnish the website, or does it go to the mod's pockets?

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1237 on: November 15, 2006, 01:04:10 PM »
Word up. Lotsa asskissers in this thread bububububing themselves into a frenzy

Triumph: you did the same shit and worse when you were GAf elite. How are you going to call someone else dumb for doing it?
dap

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1238 on: November 15, 2006, 01:05:10 PM »
At this point, I'm not at liberty to discuss the financial inner workings of GAF.  If any mods want to volunteer knowledge - they can go ahead and do so.
PSP

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1239 on: November 15, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
At this point, I'm not at liberty to discuss the financial inner workings of GAF. 

::)

don't want to burn bridges?
dap

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1240 on: November 15, 2006, 01:07:36 PM »
If you mean I want to get in good with EviLore, I think I burnt that bridge when I made a site called evilbore.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #1241 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:22 PM »
Banned for defending myself. Himu am cry.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1242 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »

Because common sense says that people are not banned for the threads they post in, they are banned for their posts. The reason I was banned before was I went out of control and basically trolled. That deserved a banning.

Posting a reply in my own fucking thread does not deserve banning, and if you didn't want me to post a reply I should have been notified. With the thread open, and tons of baseless replies thrown out in the open towards me, how could I NOT reply? It should have been obvious from day one that one of the first things I would reply to would be the thread where people shit talked while I was banned like the bitches they are.

Unlike you, I'm not scared of that shit and there should be no reason I should be.

You bumped a thread to continue a stupid argument that got you banned in the first place. It wasn't bumped to discuss, you know, the actual topic. Instead you took that chance to get the last word; wtf is this, middle school?

If you had bumped that topic and stayed on topic about OKAMI, you wouldn't have been banned. Every single week someone bumps my Arrested Development thread and says "hey, I just saw this too. It's amazing!" and they never get banned. Why? Because they're bumping threads in order to continue the thread discussion and not finish vendettas.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1243 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »
Corny, I don't recall ever bumping a thread that was a month and a half old just to prove a point.  Now as for being an insufferable anti-Nintendo troll, guilty as charged, but I'd like to point out that I was only doing God's Work. 

He's dumb because it's pretty much an unspoken rule that you don't bump old threads on GAF unless there's some new information that is germane to the topic at hand, and even then it's a dicey proposition.  AND he just got unbanned, AND it was the thread that he got banned for posting in.  Now, maybe "dumb" is a little harsh, but let's just say I'm not gonna chalk this particular instance of banning up to the great injustice of the forum (that's the lack of the f-bomb and titty threads). 
yar

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1244 on: November 15, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »
If you mean I want to get in good with EviLore, I think I burnt that bridge when I made a site called evilbore.

then what the fuck does it matter? spill the beans or stop pretending you know everyfuckingthing, doder
dap

Himu

« Reply #1245 on: November 15, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »

You bumped a thread to continue a stupid argument that got you banned in the first place. It wasn't bumped to discuss, you know, the actual topic. Instead you took that chance to get the last word; wtf is this, middle school?

If you had bumped that topic and stayed on topic about OKAMI, you wouldn't have been banned. Every single week someone bumps my Arrested Development thread and says "hey, I just saw this too. It's amazing!" and they never get banned. Why? Because they're bumping threads in order to continue the thread discussion and not finish vendettas.

Did you even read my post? My post had nothing to do with the "stupid argument that got me banned in the first place". It was a defense over what people said during my banning and completely justiable.
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1246 on: November 15, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »
Corny, I don't recall ever bumping a thread that was a month and a half old just to prove a point.  Now as for being an insufferable anti-Nintendo troll, guilty as charged, but I'd like to point out that I was only doing God's Work. 

You're distinguished mentally-challenged. You need persepective in a major way.

He's dumb because it's pretty much an unspoken rule that you don't bump old threads on GAF unless there's some new information that is germane to the topic at hand, and even then it's a dicey proposition.  AND he just got unbanned, AND it was the thread that he got banned for posting in.  Now, maybe "dumb" is a little harsh, but let's just say I'm not gonna chalk this particular instance of banning up to the great injustice of the forum (that's the lack of the f-bomb and titty threads). 

Yeah, unspoken rules are great! Nothing like violating the ToS "unspoken rules" section for an exquisite ban. Someone really needs to give you an atomic swirly and a fucking neck trim
dap

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1247 on: November 15, 2006, 01:11:54 PM »
Because there are some people still on their staff that I do respect and get along with. Also, the fact is, I am not privvy to all the inner workings of GAF, so I'm not going to put my foot in my mouth.

For all the things he may have done wrong, EviLore does put a great deal of effort into the making the forum run smooth as technically possible.
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1248 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »
Corny, I'm not gonna get into a knock down, drag out fight with you, because that's what you want.  And I'm a lover, not a fighter.

So come here, big guy, and get some lovin'.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1249 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »
Yeah, it did. That thread derailed off Okami and into "Himu is a bitch who doesn't buy lots of games" after a few posts, which was indeed unjustified. You didn't deserve to be attacked like that. But going back and trying to "defend" yourself when the conversation was over is dumb. YOU JUST GOT UNBANNED DUDER, and you pull that shit? There's a time when you've got to let things die.

I get my ass KICKED by Willco every week, but eventually I move on and move on to different things. I'd be stupid to sit around brooding over something Willco said about me on the internets.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1250 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »
And, Corny, before you go all people's champion on me, you should know I mean that I know them personally (as in, we hang out in real-life) and not because I am in awe of their awesome moderator powers.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #1251 on: November 15, 2006, 01:16:25 PM »
Yeah, it did. That thread derailed off Okami and into "Himu is a bitch who doesn't buy lots of games" after a few posts, which was indeed unjustified. You didn't deserve to be attacked like that. But going back and trying to "defend" yourself when the conversation was over is dumb. YOU JUST GOT UNBANNED DUDER, and you pull that shit? There's a time when you've got to let things die.

I get my ass KICKED by Willco every week, but eventually I move on and move on to different things. I'd be stupid to sit around brooding over something Willco said about me on the internets.

Okay, I gotcha.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1252 on: November 15, 2006, 01:18:07 PM »
And, Corny, before you go all people's champion on me, you should know I mean that I know them personally (as in, we hang out in real-life) and not because I am in awe of their awesome moderator powers.

Who are these people? You guys say you all hang out together in real life (Drinky, Maf, White Man) but I've never really believed it for some reaosn.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2006, 01:20:48 PM »
Drinky, MAF and TVC actually do hang out in real-life due to proximity and their lust for man love.  I don't hang with 'em because they're fucking far away.  And also because four is a crowd.
PSP

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »
Because there are some people still on their staff that I do respect and get along with. Also, the fact is, I am not privvy to all the inner workings of GAF, so I'm not going to put my foot in my mouth.

Then say that instead of always, and I mean always, pretending like you know what the fuck you're talking about. From politics to religion to videogames to movies to relationships, you claim to have an answer. "Insufferable prick" might be appros, but there's SO many people vying for that title it would be unfair to just bestow it to you.

Oh, of course.

dap

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »
Uh, no I don't. I rarely speak on topics involving religion, nor do I pretend to be an authority on games or anything.  The only thing you could really claim that I am opinionated on is movies.

You just don't like me and invent ways to justify your hate boner, but that's cool, because I love you.

In the end, you've got to hate the dude in power.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1256 on: November 15, 2006, 01:25:56 PM »
Willco is pretty smart. He fucks me over everyday, and it's quite impressive. :-\

I'd hang out with him

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1257 on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:40 PM »
Uh, no I don't. I rarely speak on topics involving religion, nor do I pretend to be an authority on games or anything.  The only thing you could really claim that I am opinionated on is movies.

Nancy Pelosi - same 'ol, same 'ol. Or all bark, no bite. One of the two. Not opinionated on politics either I guess

In the end, you've got to hate the dude in power.

No I just really hate you.  :heart
dap

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1258 on: November 15, 2006, 01:28:19 PM »
Yeah, God forbid I'm knowledgable on a subject! Oh, the humanity!

In terms of GAF, I am privvy to a great deal, but in the end, I'm not interested enough to keep up with all their back deal shenanigans.  And the stuff I do know that I'm aware I'm not supposed to share, I am not going to disclose.

Quote from: Saint Cornelius
Nancy Pelosi - same 'ol, same 'ol. Or all bark, no bite. One of the two. Not opinionated on politics either I guess.

Uh, I hardly told anyone they were wrong and I was right in that thread.  That's what I believe.  If you take my opinion so strongly, that's your fault - not mine.  Nobody was shoving it down your throat as authority and several agreed with me.
PSP

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #1259 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »
I swear you're worse than arguing with my girlfriend and I least I get to fuck her afterwards
dap