Author Topic: Nintendo wants to charge you $250 for the Xbox 0.8  (Read 16685 times)

Hollywood

Re: Nintendo wants to charge you $250 for the Xbox 0.8
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2006, 02:41:57 AM »
Man, Nintendo had this holiday season on a golden platter.  They have to be making near 100 bucks of pure profit at 250 bucks.  I'm not paying premium price for thier lackluster hardware.

I'm PRAYING that MS drops the 360 Core to 250, just so Nintendo gets owned.

PLEASE GOD happen. Just so these fucking Ntards can shut the hell up.

This is a terrible price, a terrible date, and a terrible launch list IF Zelda is really delayed. I'm shocked. 5 years later and the third party support still consists mainly of ports :lol

Outside of Zelda there is no reason to buy a Wii this year. Absolutely none.

Eel_O_Brian, Phoenix Dark, Synthesizer Patel, Mupepe and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hey look Drink Crow suddenly isn't viewing the thread when PD posts, and an anti-Wii post at that. Wait, where'dd Clark Kent go too?  ;)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2006, 02:44:17 AM »
Zelda will never come out for GameCube.  And the swing motion is not what you think it is.  I actually wish it was less restricted than what you had at E3.

I don't think Nintendo can pull the US release of Zelda GC at this point without losing a ton of face. . .then again, they've already shown that they're willing to disappoint their fans tonight. 

Their fans don't care. Case in point:
http://gamebunker.com/GameBunker/Forums/thread12084-0-asc-0.html

The Nintendo love pisses me off. No one thinks for themselves it seems

Hollywood

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2006, 03:00:13 AM »
Zelda will never come out for GameCube.  And the swing motion is not what you think it is.  I actually wish it was less restricted than what you had at E3.

I don't think Nintendo can pull the US release of Zelda GC at this point without losing a ton of face. . .then again, they've already shown that they're willing to disappoint their fans tonight. 

Their fans don't care. Case in point:
http://gamebunker.com/GameBunker/Forums/thread12084-0-asc-0.html

The Nintendo love pisses me off. No one thinks for themselves it seems

Um I haven't seen one of the big three companies do anything to not screw over the consumer. Seems like there's a lot of 360 support now, but comeon .. its still $400 fucking dollars, and its library is still pretty damn anemic. Oh and if you say, 'well theres the core', yeah getting a $300 system with no memory card you can only get for $40 at about 1/20th the size of the packed in $100 HD with the $400 one is a joke. Don't forget, games are still 60 fucking dollars, throw in microtransactions, special editions, Live, and whatever else they decide to tack on, they are fucking anyone and everyone they can in true MSoft style.

Nintendo is selling a system for $250 with a pack in game and flash memory, but the system's capabilities are barely higher than a $100 Gamecube. Hell the Xbox is pretty much the same at this point as a Wii. The games at launch look generally unimpressive and the controls look less like an innovation (although some games do attempt to use it well) and more like a control OPTION. As in, instead of pressing A, move the controller right. That's not an innovation, thats just another stupid control mode. The system's hardware is very very poor compared to competition. I would understand if its lesser, but they just overclocked the GC plain and simple.

Sony? Is there really a need to start on them? The PSP is bombing, UMD's are too expensive, Sony won't drop the PSP price. Sony is selling a $600 console to put over its new format of media, and if you get the $500 version of the system, it can't even play its format in full glory! The games, also $60 like 360, look no better than 360 games right now - and Sony screwed people again with a bunch of CGI videos to put over the Cell. Meanwhile they rip off Nintendo's controller,well halfway because they couldn't even do THAT all the way and they put in a gimped motion censor without the abilities of the Wii's controls. Oh yeah, and this at the expense of rumble. Oh and don't forget, they still refuse to drop a 6 year old system, the PS2 to $100 when both of its competitors are dead in the water. Paying $130 for 6 year old technology, by far the weakest console now on the market is about as equal as paying $250 for the Wii. And the PS2's tech makes the Wii look like Deep Blue.

Anything else? Anywhere you go you get FUCKED, plain and simple. Don't play one company over the other like the company you choose is Mr. Generous and all for the consumer, because they aren't. Maybe not conspired but all three together have basically pulled an oligopoly over the industry effective pulling an OPEC. Nintendo didn't have to goto $200 because everyone else was high. MSoft sweated out the PS3 price ready to counter with a drop if Sony was low, which they weren't. Now everyone is gonna be a fat cat and not start a price war because they each want their profits.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:03:41 AM by Hollywood »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2006, 03:06:12 AM »
http://wii.com/jp/movies/miichannel/

OS in action.

Wii box:

Fire Emblem: Goddess Of Dawn:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:14:17 AM by am nintenho »

smiles-and-cries

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2006, 03:35:38 AM »
the GUI is sexy as hell  :'(

etiolate

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:57 AM »
Well they got the GUI right or actually crazy right. Not my concern though. Fix the price! Gimme info on Forever Blue.

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 04:07:18 AM »
That shit fucking rules. Wii is the system I'm getting this year and I wouldn't have it any other way.

etiolate

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »
In one of the GUI videos you can see R-Type as a selection. Looks like it will be a launch vc game.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 04:42:20 AM »
*bows to r-type*

fuck gradius.
萌え~

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 04:48:29 AM »
and guess what the return rate for faulty ones will be less than 5%!
P90

Diablos

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 07:07:44 AM »
I called it hours before the price was revealed. I KNEW it would be $250.

Nintendo is positioned nicely from a competetive standpoint. They can still say they have the cheapest console. They will not take a big hit from a price drop because the console is overpriced to begin with. So if MS slashes core and premium prices by $50-100 (or just makes the premium $300) next year, Nintendo will have no problem reducing Wii's price to $200. In the meantime, Nintendo laughs all the way to the bank while MS and Sony are probably losing a considerable amount of money with every 360 and PS3 sold.

It sucks if you wanted a Wii, but Nintendo played it smart this time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:13:27 AM by Diablos »

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 07:15:14 AM »
I remember paying €217 for my launch Cube. And now Nintendo is offering me the same tech for a higher price.

Nintendo can shove the Wii deep into their anus.

For now.  :'(

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2006, 08:41:37 AM »
Next-Generation = RAPE TIME

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2006, 09:48:41 AM »
Next-Generation = RAPE TIME

Pretty much.
AMC

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2006, 09:50:20 AM »
The Wii will be dead in 18 months anyway. 
HOT

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2006, 10:05:07 AM »
$250 seems cheap next to the X360 and PS3.  I think that is the only thing that will matter come Xmas.
BUN

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2006, 10:42:17 AM »
ITS MORE THAN A FEEEELING (MORE THAN A FEEEELING!!)
:9

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2006, 12:18:32 PM »
Well, regardless if the tech is worth the value, 250 is still within the purchase range of most people.

A lot of you seem to forget that most people who buy game systems are not us. They dont follow magazines or websites, or know which chip manufacturer made what for which system.

Point being at 250 most walmart shoppers CAN afford it, and will buy it for reasons like the name of the company that produced it, and the fact that Nintendo games are safe and require very little parental effort to monitor what their kids play. Plus SOME parents might be under the wrong impression that the waggle wand will provide their kids with exercise.

In any case this doesnt affect Nintendo as much as it affects the fanboys who were hoping that Megaton would finally happen.
o_0

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2006, 12:34:11 PM »
Well, regardless if the tech is worth the value, 250 is still within the purchase range of most people.

A lot of you seem to forget that most people who buy game systems are not us. They dont follow magazines or websites, or know which chip manufacturer made what for which system.

Point being at 250 most walmart shoppers CAN afford it, and will buy it for reasons like the name of the company that produced it, and the fact that Nintendo games are safe and require very little parental effort to monitor what their kids play. Plus SOME parents might be under the wrong impression that the waggle wand will provide their kids with exercise.

In any case this doesnt affect Nintendo as much as it affects the fanboys who were hoping that Megaton would finally happen.

It didn't stop people from picking up GC's / Dreamcasts when they were cheaper...it's about Marketing/Hype.  Nintendo's going to get a lot of "that's gay" from casual gamers this gen.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2006, 12:36:21 PM »
Well if they are going to just now get "That's Gay" from casuals THIS gen, its long overdue, cause most of Nintendos console practices since N64 have been "Gay". I dont think that's stopped them from turning a profit the past decade.
o_0

Christopher

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2006, 12:44:17 PM »
As you can see their home division though profit is turning less and less from the N64 though...

MrAngryFace

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2006, 12:46:42 PM »
After almost three generations of watching Nintendo do dumb moves, I am now convinced they cannot die.
o_0

Diablos

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »
Yeah, Nintendo is pretty much a staple. They always figure out a way to stick around.

As for your comment about people not knowing or caring about the technology inside, you're absolutely right, but the proof of this will also be shown with the games. Which I predict will look almost a whole generation behind 360 and PS3. Nintendo will need to wow potential buyers with really hot exclusives and a killer lineup overall.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2006, 01:03:29 PM »
Well the exclusives people care about on Nintendo platforms have almost always been Nintendo's games, so not too much to worry about there.

I mean you think of a Nintendo fan. Sure they get older, but they are FAITHFUL, and I honstly believe MS and Sony lose more fans to age than Nintendo does. While Sony and MS get more NEW fans, I think the door revolves a bit faster.

So while Nintendo gets fewer younger fans, it does keep more of its older fans who, as they get older, become even more fanatical and buy ANYTHING Nintendo with the 'deeper pockets' of a full grown adult.

That's really how Nintendo survives. That and Walmart families lol Walmart. Nintendo systems and packaging tend to also look more like 'Toys' so uneducated parents and grandparents would buy a Nintendo console over the other consoles on a blind shopping run. The Walmart factor, while pathetic cannot be denied. The games sold through GAME stores is on the decline, which explains the fact that a person rarely see's shelves fully STOCKED with loads of additional copies of a game despite the fact the game industry has grown so much since the Dreamcast days. The industry is supporting THREE consoles and TWO handhelds, thats almost unheard of.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:05:51 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Diablos

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »
I don't know about the whole age thing... doesn't the average age of a gamer continue to increase? There are still lots of Sony fans around too... they have quite an established userbase. MS is the newest kid on the block.

It will be interesting to see how this gen plays out.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2006, 01:07:11 PM »
Well I will be clear and say I dont have statistics to back up what I am saying, I am going by the fact that almost every N-Fan on GAF is getting pretty fucking old.
o_0

Diablos

« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2006, 01:11:43 PM »
Hmm. But like so many other things on GAF, does the group of rabid Nintendo fanboys represent Nintendo's market as a whole, or just the hardcore fans?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2006, 01:17:05 PM »
I like to believe it represents Nintendo fans. Muhahaha.
o_0

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2006, 01:18:10 PM »
At least the DS rocks.
AMC

MrAngryFace

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »
DS Lite and the GBA SP are the best things Nintendo has done since the SNES era.
o_0

Melissa

« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2006, 01:52:46 PM »
Fantendo!  When do preorders start?  I've already got Elebits taken care of.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »
wTF IS ELEBITS
o_0

Melissa

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2006, 02:28:33 PM »

Christopher

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »
Sorry drinky your wrong, it doesn't play DVDs so it's more like X0.5

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »
Not playing DVDs if fine. Theres going to be a lot of angry kids that can't play their Hoodwink DVDs though.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »
good god that elebits game looks unplayably bad
duc

Hollywood

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2006, 04:03:17 PM »
NEW YORK, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s (7974.OS: Quote, NEWS, Research) new Wii game console and related software will be profitable to the company once sales begin in the United States in November, the president of Nintendo of America said on Thursday.

"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box -- hardware and software," Reggie Fils-Aime told Reuters in an interview.

NEW YORK, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s (7974.OS: Quote, NEWS, Research) new Wii game console and related software will be profitable to the company once sales begin in the United States in November, the president of Nintendo of America said on Thursday.

"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box -- hardware and software," Reggie Fils-Aime told Reuters in an interview.

IT PRINTS MONEY!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2006, 04:04:43 PM »
NO LOSSES
PSP

rocketman

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
Hollywood is going to die inside when Wii fails.

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »
Fuck Nintendo.

:D :D :D

Man, Nintendo had this holiday season on a golden platter.  They have to be making near 100 bucks of pure profit at 250 bucks.  I'm not paying premium price for thier lackluster hardware.

I'm PRAYING that MS drops the 360 Core to 250, just so Nintendo gets owned.
'
I Agree With Everything Stated in This Post.  :-*
BKO

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »
"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box"

Uh, you're not supposed to admit that you're ripping your customers off.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2006, 04:51:52 PM »
"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box"

Uh, you're not supposed to admit that you're ripping your customers off.

Yep

Some rough math when it comes to the pricing of the Wii, the underlying system is basically priced as a Gamecube (shock!). Guess the Wiimotes addon stigma isn't really far fetched.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »
Melissa: Thats bizzare looking haha
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2006, 05:02:14 PM »
atm the Wii's line-up seems uninspired even in Japan, because Nintendo basically took all their successful DS franchises to make Wii home versions of them: Brain Training, Nintendogs, etc etc...

it won't bode the same success in a home console, than it did on a twee portable though, and certainly it won't appeal the same people

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »
The Wii: Dead on Arrival.

Fact.
BKO

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2006, 05:06:05 PM »
SSB:B!

Salvation!
萌え~

Melissa

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2006, 05:07:03 PM »
The Wii: Dead on Arrival.

Fact.
The Dark Shake: kook.

Fact.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2006, 05:36:37 PM »
I'll give six months before it takes the market lead.

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2006, 05:41:34 PM »
The Dark Shake: kook.

Fact.

:'( :'( :'(
BKO

etiolate

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2006, 06:12:43 PM »
Dear Nintendo,

I'm not paying $50 extra bucks for Wii Sports. You are losing customers with the price when you can't afford to lose more buyers in the console sector. It's not like you're taking a loss by offering a non-pack in at 200 pricepoint. All you are doing is losing customers from the get go.

"People will still buy it" = "Less people will still buy it."

Really, they had it all set up for them. Then they came out greedy. And Metroid in 2007? Wtf? It's basically a cube game.

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
Let's be honest here people:

Has anyone who was planning to buy a Wii changed their mind after today?

No, because you've already managed to look past Nintendo raping your wallet with last gen hardware, gimmicky control schemes, and likely even worse third party support than the GC had.  What's another 50 bucks compared to the assrape the Wii represents at even 200?  Or hell, 150? 

*goes back to play NSMB on DS Lite

HOT

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2006, 06:38:19 PM »
Dear Nintendo,

I'm not paying $50 extra bucks for Wii Sports. You are losing customers with the price when you can't afford to lose more buyers in the console sector. It's not like you're taking a loss by offering a non-pack in at 200 pricepoint. All you are doing is losing customers from the get go.

Really, they had it all set up for them. Then they came out greedy. And Metroid in 2007? Wtf? It's basically a cube game.

The thing is, Wii Sports doesn't cost Nintendo 50 bucks.  They developed it themselves, and since it's going to be included with every unit, it won't have an MSRP of its own.  And just by looking at the game you can tell they're not losing much by giving it away for free.  The extra 50 bucks just comes from Nintendo being greedy.
serge

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2006, 07:21:09 PM »

I agree with this post to a certain extent.  These are the same people who will walk past the stacks of unsold $600 PS3 units as if they were invisible come June of next year.  That's just reality, on which some gamers seem to have the most  tenuous of grips.  I think the port dumping ground of the launch might hurt the Wii a little bit, though.  "Blazing Angels?  Why come it's $50 for Nintendo when it's only $29 for Playstation 2?"

But yeah, I think they'll sell a ton at first.  A couple of years and a few PS3/360 price drops from now, I think it might be a different story.  I can only speak for myself.  To me, $250 is too much for what they're offering, even though I could easily afford it.
sup

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2006, 07:29:55 PM »
you realize that in a couple years nintendo may have changed the console games market?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2006, 07:30:12 PM »
I mean you think of a Nintendo fan. Sure they get older, but they are FAITHFUL, and I honstly believe MS and Sony lose more fans to age than Nintendo does. While Sony and MS get more NEW fans, I think the door revolves a bit faster.

So while Nintendo gets fewer younger fans, it does keep more of its older fans who, as they get older, become even more fanatical and buy ANYTHING Nintendo with the 'deeper pockets' of a full grown adult.

That's an excellent point.  It's very similar to the situation in mainstream superhero comics right now.  Stuff like Infinite Crisis and Civil War caters to the long-term fanboy crowd, because kids aren't going to pay upwards of $5 a pop on 32 page pamphlets.  For the long term it's a shaky business practice, though.  These hardcore fanboy types are a finite source of income.  Marvel and DC comics love to crow about a comic that sells 300K in a month, but 300K isn't DICK compared to sales of 30 years ago.  A comic selling 300K 30 years ago would have been cancelled.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:02:04 PM by Eel_O_Brian »
sup

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2006, 07:31:32 PM »
those companies work on the games and movies of comics now.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2006, 07:48:28 PM »
you realize that in a couple years nintendo may have changed the console games market?

Not unless they lock down Madden or GTA as a Wii exclusive.

I paint apartments for a living, and whenever I do work orders at a rental property I see many copies of Madden/GTA in people's living rooms.  A large segment of the gaming populace is comprised of people who only buy a couple of games a year, or buy when the game hits $20.

In a couple of years, 360 hardware will hit that sweet casual buyer spot in price, with PS3 hardware not that far behind.  Nintendo can't price drop themselves out of business, so don't expect a $50 Wii in 2008.  When Occasional Gamedude walks into Best Buy in Fall 2008 and sees Madden on all the kiosks, the Wii version is going to look like a booger compared to the PS3 and 360 versions, even at SD resolution.  It's going to be worth the extra bit of money to him to pick the system with the prettiest version of Madden.  Plus, no GTA on Wii?  Fuck that, Occasional Gamedude's going home with a 360 or PS3

They're not going to change the console market.  They're going to sell an assload of Wii systems, but they're not going to change Occasional Gamedude, and that's where the real money is.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2006, 07:49:44 PM »
those companies work on the games and movies of comics now.

Comics are a loss leader for Marvel, to keep their products visible and to sell property rights to videogame, film and toy companies.  Time Warner prints them to keep the copyrights alive on their 70 year old characters, and as a raping ground for film ideas.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:55:08 PM by Eel_O_Brian »
sup

etiolate

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2006, 07:55:30 PM »
Dear Nintendo,

The thing is, Wii Sports doesn't cost Nintendo 50 bucks.  They developed it themselves, and since it's going to be included with every unit, it won't have an MSRP of its own.  And just by looking at the game you can tell they're not losing much by giving it away for free.  The extra 50 bucks just comes from Nintendo being greedy.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Wii Sports is like Brain Training, a fun budget $20 game.  You might even get the same games in Monkey Ball minus the Mii avatars.

$99 Gamecube + $40 Wiimote + $20 Nunchuck + $20 Game = $180

So looking at it that way, it's about $70 off.  $200 would seem fine given that its a bit better tech than GC and offering all the extra features.

Plus, with the cost of the extra controllers, you might be pricing out the audience they're aiming for. You are asking for new gamers, female and elsewise. These people see any console as a risk. To them 199.99 is a lot less risky. The lower the price the more you can reach them. Jacking it up makes no sense, even if your thought process is "oh they'll sell out anyways", you're starting off with a bit of alienation towards your meal ticket.

And to Fatghost, I won't be buying a Wii now until they drop that silly price. Nintendo lost it's advantage as best bang for the buck.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:59:51 PM by etiolate »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2006, 08:05:45 PM »
Not unless they lock down Madden or GTA as a Wii exclusive.
I paint apartments for a living, and whenever I do work orders at a rental property I see many copies of Madden/GTA in people's living rooms.  A large segment of the gaming populace is comprised of people who only buy a couple of games a year, or buy when the game hits $20.
In a couple of years, 360 hardware will hit that sweet casual buyer spot in price, with PS3 hardware not that far behind.  Nintendo can't price drop themselves out of business, so don't expect a $50 Wii in 2008.  When Occasional Gamedude walks into Best Buy in Fall 2008 and sees Madden on all the kiosks, the Wii version is going to look like a booger compared to the PS3 and 360 versions, even at SD resolution.  It's going to be worth the extra bit of money to him to pick the system with the prettiest version of Madden.  Plus, no GTA on Wii?  Fuck that, Occasional Gamedude's going home with a 360 or PS3
They're not going to change the console market.  They're going to sell an assload of Wii systems, but they're not going to change Occasional Gamedude, and that's where the real money is.
I don't see PS3 having much to offer.  It just seems to try to reinvent the wheel.  Wii has a country that games like Japan in it's hands but you're right, in other countries it probably has a problem.
*dreams shattered*
Comics are a loss leader for Marvel, to keep their products visible and to sell property rights to videogame, film and toy companies.  Time Warner prints them to keep the copyrights alive on their 70 year old characters, and as a raping ground for film ideas.
Yeah that's what I meant.