Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945629 times)

FunSlower

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #3000 on: November 21, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
I really want Joe to get that callup. He could do great work with Miz, Cena, or even with Corbin if they went that way. Plus he and AJ would work great together as well. Hell they could build him as Smackdown's monster and have him do a crossbrand match with Braun or Bork.
I could go for that. No clue why they gave him back the title and don't have him jump up. If he's supposed to be a gatekeeper at NXT, fine, but...he could do a lot up on SD or even Raw.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3001 on: November 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »
Shit doesn't even make sense to have him be the 'gatekeeper' though! I thought that was the whole point of keeping Nakamura in NXT! Joe is like 40 years old, why waste everyone's time by keeping him there?! UGH

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3002 on: November 21, 2016, 02:42:54 PM »
I don't have nearly as much of an issue with Seth on the mic as you do, but I'll concede that his matches were pretty forgettable as champ. I don't think he's nearly the worst part of the company in the age of shit like the Ascension, baron corbin, bringing back the headbangers etc by a fucking mile though.

And yea the age thing is probably kinda irrelevant but from all I've seen I kinda don't expect Nakamura to get called up ever, and he seemed like the perfect 'gatekeeper'. I mean if it happens I'll be over the fuckin moon but i would be goddamn shocked

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3003 on: November 21, 2016, 02:52:13 PM »
Yeah that was a bad time. Everyone was bitching and moaning about 20 mins of Steph and HHH to open the show so WWE decided go fix the issue by replacing their opening with a dude who had less skill on the mic. Terrible idea.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3004 on: November 21, 2016, 03:12:41 PM »
Seth is overrated in the smark community but trying to pretend like Roman hasn't been the worst thing is insane. Sure he's back in a lower spot on the card now, justifiably so, but let's not try to pretend like he wasn't booked like Cena despite having basically no charisma for like a year.
yar

FunSlower

« Reply #3005 on: November 21, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
The Ascension deserved better.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3006 on: November 21, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
What? When was Roman ever a 'top face' in the eyes of anyone but vince?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3007 on: November 21, 2016, 05:35:42 PM »
Uh what?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3008 on: November 21, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »
Oh you think I'm snornado. Our avis aren't even remotely similar, how'd you fuck that up?

FunSlower

« Reply #3009 on: November 22, 2016, 11:52:11 AM »
So, how was Raw? Caught Goldberg's monologue, man he's good on the mic. He definitely put his time in learning how to speak. WWE's hottest babyface, easily. And it ain't pandering :trash like Enzo. He brought me so far down by SS. I just kind of woke up and realized how awful he is now.

FunSlower

« Reply #3010 on: November 22, 2016, 02:10:14 PM »
And on top of that, he worked them on ESPN, hard.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3011 on: November 23, 2016, 10:44:04 AM »
Good Smackdown last night. The main event scene being one big comedy show has somehow made SD so much more endearing to me now. Dean endlessly poking and backpatting Shane, Ellsworth coming out in a neck brace and still winning a ladder match, AJ just getting pissed at everything...so good. :lol Unexpectedly, the one part of the show that falls flat for me is DBrine getting upset at the heels and using his authority to put them in matches against Kane.

FunSlower

« Reply #3012 on: November 23, 2016, 11:17:28 AM »
Good Smackdown last night. The main event scene being one big comedy show has somehow made SD so much more endearing to me now. Dean endlessly poking and backpatting Shane, Ellsworth coming out in a neck brace and still winning a ladder match, AJ just getting pissed at everything...so good. :lol Unexpectedly, the one part of the show that falls flat for me is DBrine getting upset at the heels and using his authority to put them in matches against Kane.

In a weird way, Bryan kind of feels like a relic of a bygone age right now. Which is SO STRANGE. He just needs something with this new era of talent, and when I think of Bryan I think of him being shackled to a lot of people that aren't in WWE anymore, save Kane. I think of AJ Lee, I think of Punk, I think of Cody Rhodes, and more. Just like...it is time for him to move on.

But goddammit I don't want him to move on because he'll try to kill himself.

FunSlower

« Reply #3013 on: November 23, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »
So Shane was okay? I love the idea of multiple people on the roster being mean as fuck to Bryan, and Bryan just kind of pouting and letting 50 year old Kane do his dirty work for him.

I bet he at least got concussed, but he was walking around...slowly.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3014 on: November 24, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »
I know its too late for a lot of the WCW stuff but you really should at least start putting a small watermark on those gifs, stro. If nothing else it would probably drive a little traffic to the site

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3015 on: November 24, 2016, 11:07:37 PM »
you're a good man, stro

we need to make something like that simpsons gif finder but for wrestling, that would be awesome

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3016 on: November 25, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »
yeah, that's gonna be a slog no matter what

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3017 on: November 27, 2016, 03:34:53 AM »
Man, I love the Razor's Edge. I'm glad Roman is bringing it back

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3018 on: November 28, 2016, 04:57:36 AM »
lmao @ cm punk saying he's gonna fight again

Stro what do you think of the whole punk ordeal?

FunSlower

« Reply #3019 on: November 28, 2016, 10:13:06 AM »
I wonder where Punk will fight next

At least Big Dave Bateaster did it right. Fight for a no-name promotion against a slob just to check that item off your bucket list. And thank christ Dave (barely) won.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3020 on: November 28, 2016, 08:23:21 PM »
I watch RAW using USA.com's live tv stream and it's fucking awful. Worst than the pirate streams I used to use. Constantly buffering and hitching. I only use it because it's HD.
nat

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3021 on: November 29, 2016, 12:27:01 AM »
Man they switch that womens belt like every month or two now huh

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3022 on: November 29, 2016, 07:32:00 AM »
It's so lame. Having her win the title on a RAW then immediately lose it at the next PPV twice in a row has completely ruined the impact. It's forced like how Reigns is a 3 time world title champ.

nat

archie4208

« Reply #3023 on: November 29, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »
Man they switch that womens belt like every month or two now huh

Twice in October alone

The women's title has an an average reign of 40 days. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3024 on: November 29, 2016, 10:37:44 AM »
They kept saying that this was the last match between Charlotte and Sasha, too.  While I don't believe that, I do see them moving onto other opponents for a while...

...But who?  I assume Bailey will feud with Charlotte.  Who does that leave for Sasha?  Nia Jax?  LOOOOOOL. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3025 on: November 29, 2016, 11:56:50 AM »
The matches scheduled for a house show here Friday are

KO/Roman
Seth/Y2J
Charlotte/Bayley
Sasha/Nia Jax
New Day/Club/Cesaro and Sheamus/Enzo and Cass

so maybe that's the next PPV card or part of it?

FunSlower

« Reply #3026 on: November 29, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
Is WWE trying to fast track some quick Women's Championship belt history?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3027 on: November 29, 2016, 12:50:20 PM »
I've lost almost all interest in the Raw women's division. Smackdown has the better group of womens wrestlers. Alexa/Becky far more interesting of a feud.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3028 on: November 29, 2016, 01:16:37 PM »
The matches scheduled for a house show here Friday are

KO/Roman

:yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck

Seth/Y2J

OK.

Charlotte/Bayley

OK.  TBH I don't care much for Charlotte.

Sasha/Nia Jax

Poor Sasha.  :(

New Day/Club/Cesaro and Sheamus/Enzo and Cass

OK I guess.

Nothing I'd be foaming at the mouth to watch on a PPV. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3029 on: November 29, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »
I've lost almost all interest in the Raw women's division. Smackdown has the better group of womens wrestlers. Alexa/Becky far more interesting of a feud.

Funny how RAW has more women than we usually see, but all we get is Sasha/Charlotte with some Bayley and Dana on the side.

I really wish that the brand split had all the women together on one show.  Also...if you're gonna give the cruiserweights their own show, why not do the same for the women?  That would make more sense to me.  They can still have matches on RAW or SD.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3030 on: November 29, 2016, 01:19:27 PM »
Dana deserves better. She should be on SD.

archie4208

« Reply #3031 on: November 29, 2016, 01:39:32 PM »
All the women should be on one show, same with tag teams.  There aren't enough wrestlers in those divisions to justify a roster split.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3032 on: November 29, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
All the women should be on one show, same with tag teams.  There aren't enough wrestlers in those divisions to justify a roster split.

Good idea there, too- There would be way more variety on both shows if you had different divisions on each instead of just shuffling around wrasslers.

Also make Raw two fuckin' hours again.  PLS.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3033 on: November 29, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
205 tonight. Wonder if it'll be worth a shit.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3034 on: November 29, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »
Aw man where is talking smack gonna go now

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3035 on: November 29, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »

The decision to do it live AFTER SD is the dumbest shit. Especially if they didn't move the division to SD. So now you're going to have those guys working Raw, their own show, NXT, and house shows, and half of them aren't even on full time contracts.

So give the show what...1-2 months before they can it?  :P
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3036 on: November 29, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
I can't say I'm excited for 205. I really wanted to like the cruiserweight division but it's really fallen flat for me tbh

FunSlower

« Reply #3037 on: November 29, 2016, 04:01:58 PM »

The decision to do it live AFTER SD is the dumbest shit. Especially if they didn't move the division to SD. So now you're going to have those guys working Raw, their own show, NXT, and house shows, and half of them aren't even on full time contracts.

According to Meltzer there was never any intention to move Cruisers to SD as well. Just inconsiderate to the talent.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3038 on: November 30, 2016, 12:11:58 AM »
I enjoyed the CWC quite a bit, but yeah, it's been pretty flat on Raw.  Lately I've found I've been skipping the Cruiserweight division.... and the Raw women's division... and the Raw tag team division (except Sheamus and Cesaro who are at least good for a laugh).

I'll attempt to give 205 a fair shake.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3039 on: November 30, 2016, 08:40:31 AM »
How was 205?  I missed it.

I see that the title already changed hands.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3040 on: November 30, 2016, 10:06:36 AM »
Yeah, I didn't watch 205 yet. I should make the time, just to see how they present it. I really, really liked the Kendrick/Kalisto match at SS mainly due to Kendrick working Cunt Style on a little flippy. If he gets more opportunities to be a cunt, I'd like to see em.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3041 on: November 30, 2016, 10:45:09 AM »
I skimmed through some of 205. Jack Gallagher was doing his thing and it was a fun match. Swann/Kendrick was pretty great and I was surprised the crowd seemed to actually get into it near the end.

Seemed like a good show.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3042 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »
205 was good. That first match though :lol the crowd gave zero fucks. But Gallagher got them popped and then that stuck through the last match. Good showing in general though. I really dug the main event too, Kendrick and Swann work well together. I also liked in the beginning when they introduced everyone, only Cedric Alexander got a reaction. I think if this Cruiserweight show doesn't work out he could be a big star on the main roster mixed in with everyone else.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3043 on: November 30, 2016, 10:55:07 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they have the show live on Tuesday so it traps the cruisers up on Mondays and Tuesdays. Limits their ability to do shows elsewhere. That way if they wave a contract in their face they'll be more likely to sign it.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3044 on: November 30, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they have the show live on Tuesday so it traps the cruisers up on Mondays and Tuesdays. Limits their ability to do shows elsewhere. That way if they wave a contract in their face they'll be more likely to sign it.

Oh, that's downright...McMahon.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3045 on: November 30, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

Oh, that's downright...McMahon.

:money
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3046 on: November 30, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since most indies run Friday-Sunday. Most of the bigger ones don't even run Sundays. If anything, keeping them trapped to Mondays and Tuesdays gives them more of a chance to keep working indie dates.

You have announcers like Corey Graves being forced to work an extra day, too.  I really doubt it has anything to do with that.  It's just another stupid move by the 'E.  Tape the fucking show before RAW (or do it live then) and move the Main Event taping to before Smackdown.  Idiots.
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3047 on: November 30, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »
Watched 205 and kinda enjoyed it. Really happy to see Tozawa given this stage, he can run with it, I know he can.

FunSlower

« Reply #3048 on: November 30, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »
Yeah, wondered why that little midget Aries was on there, then I realized he probably weighs around 175.

At least Porkins has a gimmick. Dar's still a cunt. Really am surprised WWE picked him up so soon, I remember him pissing me off years ago by just existing and speaking like a broken shitlord.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3049 on: November 30, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
I was not a fan of Aries, but have grown to like him more and more in spite of him being booked so rubbish (have not seen NXT in the last few weeks but I'm guessing nothing's changed).  Pity he's so small that it's hard to buy him up against bigger guys.

And now they've stuck him on commentary?  Ugh.

FunSlower

« Reply #3050 on: November 30, 2016, 05:59:30 PM »
Aries looked fucking hilarious in Corbin's last NXT match. Unbelievable finish though, too unrealistic for my tastes. Seeing Corbin throw him around was delightful.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3051 on: November 30, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
Yeah, Corbin vs Aries just stretched the bounds of believability too much, but when you could forget that aspect, the matches were good as far as I recall, and really made me appreciate Aries' ability to put on a great match.

Is the rumour still KO & Roman for TLC?  God, they just can't bring themselves to exercise any degree of restraint with Roman at all it seems.  I haven't seen Raw yet but I assume KO/Roman was a good match.  Roman usually has a good match when he's in with someone good like AJ.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3052 on: November 30, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
This was the Takeover way back when?  I can't remember the match unfortunately.  The last I saw of Aries was probably something like Almas/Aries a couple of months back, my overall impression was I started to like Aries more.  It started off real negative for me because I don't watch indies (Australia here, so its a bit impractical) so I didn't know him, and the greatest man that ever lived is just a stupid gimmick imo.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:01:56 PM by Bildi »

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3053 on: November 30, 2016, 08:15:46 PM »
Almas?  Yeah, that's just been a total waste of time. 

I haven't watched NXT for a couple of months.  I considered watching the last PPV but seeing that Asuka was up against Mickie James turned me right off.  It's been pretty much steadily downhill since that particular Takeover that was just completely off the chain a few months back (sorry, I rarely remember particulars of dates and stuff).

I was looking forward to seeing what they do with Roode, but that's one of the few things that would make me tune in at the moment.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3054 on: November 30, 2016, 11:44:53 PM »
Maybe they're sick of the stars they're having a lot of input on being totally wasted once they get to the main roster? :lol

What they've done with guys like Tyler Breeze and Bo Dallas is beyond comprehension.... yet, speaking of Eric Young, they spend time on his ridiculous "make him great again" angle?  At least Bo is getting a tiny bit of attention at the moment.

I don't know why they bothered putting Joe in NXT, it's just wasting time they could be spending on young guys.  He's good, I like seeing him, but why not do like they did with AJ and go straight to the main roster?  I'm glad to see KO at the top, but like AJ, he lacks anyone really good to go up against in my opinion.  Ambrose is always lacking "something", and Seth's late face turn sure as hell did him no favours.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3055 on: December 02, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Man I didn't the I could hate that Darren Young angle much morr by the time they finally pulled the trigger, and then hey pulled Titus Onell back into it. Ugh

archie4208

« Reply #3056 on: December 02, 2016, 12:15:46 PM »
The Darren Young and Bob Backlund duo had potential (especially when Bob gave him the Crossface Chickenwing), but WWE had to do basically nothing with it then forget it existed.  :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3057 on: December 02, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
Can we all agree that anytime Chris Jericho has been a face, it's been the worst Chris Jericho ever?

I liked him as a face when he debuted in the WWF.  Wait...was he a heel when that happened?  :-[
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3058 on: December 02, 2016, 02:18:38 PM »
Can we all agree that anytime Chris Jericho has been a face, it's been the worst Chris Jericho ever?

Nah. End of 2000/2001 Jericho was really good since he had heel HHH and Austin at their height of pure scumbag heel run post WM X7 to play off and had some amazing matches with HHH and Austin both singles and teaming with Benoit. Especially the match with HHH where they pulled the Dusty Finish as the crowd just came unglued throughout the match. It was nuclear heat and people wanted to see Jericho, the guy who never really got his shot in WCW put an assbeating on Haitch. The finish was fucked but the next week when they announced Haitch was still the champion due to "Biased refereeing", the crowd looked like it was going to riot and the match where Jericho finally took the title from HHH would have been absolute money had it happened (Can't remember why they never went through with it. Might of been the injury).

Most of his promos were great outside of the "Call Stephanie a whore lol" running line that got old quick as well

It doesn't get mentioned as much because Haitch got injured so it never really played out, the WCW purchase happened which fucked everything and Benoit is self explanatory. But it's way better than his "Cool dad" year face run or the 2003 one (Which had some really good matches with Christian and gave us a godlike heel Trish Stratus run but was lacking a spark).   

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3059 on: December 02, 2016, 03:11:31 PM »
All the WCW faces were terrible from that era. The NWO kind of flipped the script and made it very uncool to be the face. So guys like Lex Lugar, Brett Hart, Piper, Giant etc were absolutely not over. So, there was never any real heat on those NWO matches until they got the split the faction up.

They totally blew the Sting buildup and by the time Goldberg became a thing, they were already on the downslide.