Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 945637 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #6540 on: July 04, 2019, 11:58:47 AM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6541 on: July 04, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »
Haha, yeah she tried to step to her and Bianca was all "lol don't you know you're a local jobber, bish?"
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6542 on: July 06, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6543 on: July 06, 2019, 07:39:59 PM »
G1 special from Dallas

???
first day of the G1 Climax tournament is in Dallas this year, it's airing on AXS, NJPW World, and various illegal sites as we speak

Lance Archer's new look is some bust ass Dog the Bounty Hunter shit :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6544 on: July 06, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
EVIL and Bad Luck Fale, finally some bigger boys going at it :o

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6545 on: July 06, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »
oh lol, the stream i'm watching on says njpw world 24/7 so i just assumed. of course they would do some dumb delay shit like that :doge

wasn't the whole deal with the new guy in charge there that he would oversee some big usa expansion? doesn't seem to be doing well so far

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6546 on: July 06, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »
Oh hey, I get AXS. Is this worth my time?
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6547 on: July 06, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »
yeah it's pretty good so far

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6548 on: July 08, 2019, 12:44:07 AM »
lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6551 on: July 09, 2019, 08:03:15 PM »
lmao i love that KO's story atm is just calling Dolph a repetitive bum :lol

Shane: My job is to protect the wrestlers. Also I keep trying to beat up Roman in 2v1 matches :trumps

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6552 on: July 09, 2019, 08:06:11 PM »
Now KO talking shit about the McMahons supposedly not being the focus and Shane being on TV more than ever and naming every wrestler who hasn't been on TV in a month+. :lol

Of course now this is gonna lead to a Shane feud :fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6553 on: July 09, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »
Finn/Nak up first :o Where's Stro to shit on this vanilla midget?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6554 on: July 09, 2019, 08:25:45 PM »
Was pretty short. Nak kilt Finn with a super knee after a nice physical match. Much better than the NXT one

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6555 on: July 09, 2019, 08:28:45 PM »
Contract signing! Big E Bischoff really making moves here

TVC15

« Reply #6556 on: July 09, 2019, 08:34:33 PM »
You will NEVER catch me watching Raw or Smackdown dawg. But Finn/Nak had an NXT match and it was boring as hell, so I expect it to be extra trash on a random Smackdown.

Famous last words, especially coming from someone that watched like every episode of Thunder to make gifs.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6557 on: July 09, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
Roman and Dolph in the main event, just what everyone wants!

TVC15

« Reply #6558 on: July 09, 2019, 08:38:20 PM »
Remember yesterday when I was complaining about only having Neil Breen movies to watch?

:(
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6559 on: July 09, 2019, 08:44:48 PM »
I dislike this Jericho song more every time I hear it. Also this goddamn stream is really playing complete garbage music during commercial >:( I'd rather see Frank Thomas and the Pete Zacharine Snickers commercials over and over

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6560 on: July 09, 2019, 09:25:44 PM »
wooalt squad :rock
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6561 on: July 10, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »
I think they're still in Japan?  Are they finally challenging for the forgotten tag titles this weekend or no?

https://twitter.com/WWEJapan/status/1148840846176870401

:yukasalute
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6562 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:53 PM »
Didn't even realize that Extreme Rules is this weekend.  :lol  No hype.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6563 on: July 10, 2019, 02:18:28 PM »
I kinda like that shirt they're wearing.

As far as Extreme Rule there's gonna be some stuff worth watching:

AJ/Ricochet
Aleister Black/Cesaro
Kofi/Joe
Smackdown 3-way Tag thing because of Heavy Machinery

however there's also gonna be that Undertaker/Roman vs Shane/Drew thing :yuck

« Reply #6564 on: July 10, 2019, 02:29:53 PM »
Didn't even realize that Extreme Rules is this weekend.  :lol  No hype.

I looked at the WWE Web site to see the matches on for Sunday. The Undertaker and Roman Reigns are wrestling the boss' son and Drew McIntyre in the main event(?). What are you supposed to hype there, the possibility of two in-ring aneurysms?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6565 on: July 10, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »
How did they get from Miz vs Shane to Shane vs Roman? And how the fuck did Taker get involved?
The Shane and Roman beef is because of some fuckery at SuperSaudiShowdown with the Roman/Drew match (not sure what exactly, didn't watch). Then on a Raw, Shane (Smackdown star) and Drew (Smackdown star) were beating down Roman (Smackdown star) and Undertaker randomly appeared for unknown reasons and took them both out.

So in short: :idont
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:04:25 PM by nachobro »

Trent Dole

« Reply #6566 on: July 10, 2019, 03:00:35 PM »
AEW's Fight for the Fallen is this weekend too. Lot of rasslin' incoming.
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6567 on: July 10, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »
I looked at the WWE Web site to see the matches on for Sunday. The Undertaker and Roman Reigns are wrestling the boss' son and Drew McIntyre in the main event(?). What are you supposed to hype there, the possibility of two in-ring aneurysms?
main event is a hardcore mixed tag winner takes all match with seth/becky vs corbin/lacey. :zzz heyman yet again teasing a brock cash-in but w/e. outside of the matches i listed above the event sounds kinda lackluster.

Fight for the Fallen card is looking fine I guess

I dunno, I just am not a big fan of a lot of the folks AEW is gonna be pushing hard. Christopher Daniels is too old, I can't stand the YB, Cody is okay, Adam Page is wack, and lol at Brandi Rhodes wrestling.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:18:31 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6568 on: July 10, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
Yeah it's hard to top that main event in shit factor. Maybe Undertaker vs Undertaker or Mabel vs Diesel. :lol

Of course if it just ends up with a beatdown of Corbin/Lacey with sticks and chairs it could be pretty good.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:33:22 PM by nachobro »

TVC15

« Reply #6569 on: July 10, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »
Corbin/Lacey as a main event pairing is the most aggressive fuck you Vince has ever thrown out at his audience, imo

Corbin vs Dolph will headline the next one.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6570 on: July 11, 2019, 03:02:08 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

TVC15

« Reply #6572 on: July 11, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »
Hey Bork or Stro, have Enzo and Cass tried to get into AEW?
serge

dkdk

« Reply #6573 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »

Chris Jericho spends about 7 minutes making fun of Stephanie's boob job. It's literally middle school shit. He has an upcoming match with Rhyno but ignores him to say BOOBIES. Booker comes out, then Rock comes out, calls Shane (who isn't even out there) both a pussy and a motherfucker (neither are censored on Network, motherfucker was on TV I believe, Steph missed her cue on both to cut him off :lol ), then stops just short of calling Booker a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. Jericho saying "boobies", literally, got a bigger pop than anything you've heard in years besides maybe Bryan at his absolute PEAK of YES Movement.  :juicy

i rewatch this at least twice a month. love it.

Trent Dole

Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6575 on: July 12, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
joey janela vs enzo is the saddest feud ever, no one is a winner there.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #6576 on: July 12, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »
I'll say this: NXT UK could really use Enzo right now :zzz

They have the best heel in the business in Liverpool's Numba One, wtf do they need with that jackass???
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6577 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:19 PM »
Stone Cold leads an appreciation night for himself after retaining the WWF Championship via DQ against Kurt Angle. This leads to MILKOMANIA RUNNING WILD. As JR was solo on commentary for this due to Heyman being the MC, he took the time to berry every Alliance member that spoke.

That segment still comes up as one of the most "memorable" moments of Raw to this day.   :lol

A 12 man tag of mid carders doing nothing (Big Show/APA/Spike/Billy Gunn/Scotty 2 Hotty vs Dudleys/O'Haire/Palumbo/Hugh Morrus/Tommy Dreamer) but finisher spam for 5 minutes that had bigger reactions than any main event WWE can do today. This is the last time any of the Alliance guys besides the Dudleys wrestle on Raw for the rest of the angle.

DDP gets his ass beaten by Undertaker yet again, and is then pinned by Sara Taker. This is basically the end for DDP. He has 4 televised matches through Survivor Series and end of the Invasion. Note: That's a full 3 months. DDP is the biggest star to come over from WCW. They buried him from the start and then didn't even use him for the last half of the angle. He came in by allowing his contract with Turner to be bought out at 50 cents (possibly less) on the dollar, then took a much lower contract than what he had with WCW because he really wanted to be involved. He was immediately turned heel and took on a creepy pervert stalker gimmick, despite the absurdity of him being obsessed with Sara Taker when he was married to Kimberly. Literally every week after he gets his ass kicked by Taker and most weeks, Taker's Wife, sometimes Kane as well. Then to end it all Taker beats his ass at Summerslam, then does it again the next night on Raw and has his wife pin him. After that he has 2 squash matches against Big Show (one on a UK only PPV, one in 29 secs on Smackdown), a match on Heat with Edge, and the battle royal at Survivor Series, all of which are in November, so he was completely absent for September and October, and essentially November as well. You might remember I mentioned Palumbo and O'Haire being pulled from main shows after a Taker squash. After this show, they're now also gone for the last 3 months of the angle. Kanyon gets another two weeks before he loses the US title and is only on the weekend shows for the last 3 months.  Rhyno also is going to go down hurt and miss the last 2 months.

By the time they get to Survivor Series, the Alliance has: Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Christian, Shane and Stephanie McMahon, William Regal, Test, Debra, Ivory, Terri having jumped from WWF. Guys already on the WWF roster before the angle started: Dudley Boys, Raven , Rhyno, Justin Credible, Tazz, Paul Heyman. Guys who debuted with the angle: RVD, Tommy Dreamer, Booker T, DDP, Chuck Palumbo, Sean O'Haire, Kidman, Kanyon, Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Hugh Morrus, Shawn Stasiak, Shane Helms, Buff Bagwell, Chavo Guerrero Jr. At some point both members of Kronik came in for I think two matches, and Steven Richards was their manager but they quit/fired right after a garbage match with Taker/Kane.

Holy shit.  It's almost depressing reading this.   :lol

So, by the time the angle ended, these were the people who came in from ECW/WCW for the angle and were not already WWF talent who were still wrestling on Raw/SD: Booker T, RVD, Lance Storm, and oddly enough The Hurricane. That's it. Kidman vanished after the first few weeks and didn't come back until the last month or so, but only once or twice on main shows. Chavo popped up late into the angle but only on SD once I think. The rest of Alliance matches on TV were from guys who had been in WWE 3 months to 2 1/2 years before the angle started or were WWF guys before ECW/WCW even went out of business.

I remember naively thinking that this angle was going to be absolutely amazing when it was happening- started off really strong despite the obvious shit-seeds that I just didn't pay attention to at the time, I.E. Vince going onto the last Nitro and then who kayfabe buys it?  SHANE.  OK, could have still been fine.  But then ECW INVADES AND OH MAN HERE WE GO HYPE HYPE HEYMAN IS THE LEADER OH SHIIIIIII-- lol j/k it's Stephanie McMahon.  And it was all downhill from there.  Quickly turned into just WWE guys facing each other and bye-bye WCW and ECW names, now it's "The Alliance" and this storyline is all about Vince vs. his kids.  Again.  I also remember how cringe and awful a segment was of Stephanie telling an ailing Freddie Blassey that he was going to be dying soon or something like that.   :-\

If they had just waited longer, they could have had Hogan, Hall, Nash, Bischoff, and Flair among others.  Maybe Goldberg?  Can't remember if he didn't come in until 2003(?) because of his WCW contract.  But I don't get why they didn't just play the waiting game here.  They could have still used all the talent they acquired and just had various guys do sudden heel turns to form The Alliance and beat the shit out of anyone WWE.  Oh well.  Vince gonna Vince.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #6578 on: July 13, 2019, 12:45:49 AM »
I was at the episode of RAW where ECW "invaded" during the invasion angle in 2001 at the Georgia Dome, back when episodes of RAW could draw tens of thousands of fans. It was fucking insane, man. Of course by the end of the show they ruined it by stapling Steph onto ECW as the owner and having them team up with Shane and the WCW jobbers against Vince and the WW(formerly known as)F.

yar

TVC15

« Reply #6579 on: July 13, 2019, 08:09:14 PM »
Fight for the Fallen on. Any of you bitches around for some :nugenix?
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6580 on: July 13, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
br live doesn't work for me, I've tried every browser  :stahp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6581 on: July 13, 2019, 09:18:25 PM »

???  Works for me- thought it was fucked up, then realized if you start from the beginning it's just a bunch of nothing and you have to skip ahead until the broadcast actually starts. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6582 on: July 13, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »
Guessing WWE is airing Evolve to compete with AEW? 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6583 on: July 13, 2019, 09:36:48 PM »
Evolve show is pretty good. These dudes are going all out. Gulak/Riddle is a great match so far too.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6584 on: July 13, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »

???  Works for me- thought it was fucked up, then realized if you start from the beginning it's just a bunch of nothing and you have to skip ahead until the broadcast actually starts.
I can't even get to a video player  :fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6585 on: July 13, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »
for the ceo/aew show on brlive i had to disable all adblockers to get it to load

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6586 on: July 13, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
I've tried disabling everything, tried all browsers :bagelguy

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6587 on: July 13, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »
When Aja Kong came out to stare down Awesome Kong, I was hoping JR would start going "KONG AND KONG!  KONG AND KONG!!!" 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6588 on: July 13, 2019, 09:58:48 PM »
This Dark Order and minions gimmick is so fucking bad.  :lol
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6589 on: July 14, 2019, 12:14:35 AM »
Sonny kiss should be champion

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6590 on: July 14, 2019, 12:23:38 AM »
Stopped after the tag match.  Maybe will try to finish tomorrow but I can only watch so much wrasslin' in a weekend.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6591 on: July 14, 2019, 12:58:16 PM »
I liked Arturo Ruas/Anthony Henry quite a lot. Good hits and it actually looked like a tough fight over a match or a choreographed gymnastics exhibition.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #6592 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:23 PM »

Just run it into incognito mode.

TVC15

« Reply #6593 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
AEW worked fine for me in nuEdge, but not in Chrome.
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6594 on: July 14, 2019, 01:34:01 PM »
AEW President and co-founder Tony Khan released a statement on Twitter last night revealing that the staging for Fight for the Fallen was inspired by an old wrestling based episode of South Park. Khan also stated that the event wasn't designed to make a profit, as all the money they raised went towards the victims of the Jacksonville shooting from August 2018.

AEW would end up raising an impressive $150,000, with Cody Rhodes announcing more donations expected to come.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1150263102560178176

:heh
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6595 on: July 14, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »

Just run it into incognito mode.
the one thing I didn't try and it worked   :mjcry now I have to use chrome to watch  :yuck

« Reply #6596 on: July 14, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »
I would have bet Sugar Shane made himself the main event.

I guess it's now very likely Shane wrestles in, and wins, every match on the card.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6597 on: July 14, 2019, 07:36:56 PM »
the threeway tag match was good  :leon

I don't care at all about hangman page or the guy he fought  :nothot

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6598 on: July 14, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1150546069731860482

when jelly janela put middle finger up to the camera and said "fuck jim cornette"  :lol

TVC15

« Reply #6599 on: July 14, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »
Ricochet is so sexy. That titty tattoo is perfect.
serge