Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 915727 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #7920 on: April 18, 2020, 03:45:09 PM »
Great time for my PC to start going to shit: Steam client and games keep crashing, all browsers giving me cache errors and excruciating load times, Windows itself keeps locking up

:beli
squishy pc stro!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7921 on: April 18, 2020, 03:54:48 PM »
you mean squishy palestine  ???

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7922 on: April 18, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »
you can get a 1tb hdd on amazon for like $40. if your hdd has been fucky for a while, you'll probably see a huge return on replacing it

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #7923 on: April 19, 2020, 01:48:06 AM »
Just what in the living fuck is Google doing to Google Maps?!  :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf

What is this shit?  :maf

Where are the country names? What the fuck do you think a map is for?

Fix this shit!

Oh weird. Before posting this I decided to give google an F5. Looks normal. I guess the issue at the moment is zooming in and out without refreshing the page. If I go from zoomed all the way out and then zoom about halfway in it lacks some information, but then after refreshing the information on the map will appear. So it's clearly an issue on Google's end.

EDIT: !!!!!! I switched to Chrome and it works fine there. Hmm... I wonder if they are purposefully fucking with it on Firefox. Kinda like how google.com is half assed on the firefox Android browser unless you add a Chrome UA on Google for Firefox.

RAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:53:07 AM by EchoRin »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7924 on: April 19, 2020, 07:26:58 AM »
Works fine in firefox for me.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7925 on: April 19, 2020, 12:00:21 PM »
Maybe one of you tech wizards can help me out here. I've been getting this error recently. The only thing I think I've changed recently is I've started to use Firefox in Chrome in an effort to switch (I might o back tbh). Anyway I can't seem to run windows virus scans anymore now? I click scan now or full scan and nothing happens. I've already run sfc scan and dism scan via command prompt and one of them said there were corrupted files but they fixed it. Still can't scan. It might be unrelated idk but help would be appreciated.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7926 on: April 19, 2020, 02:32:16 PM »
Hm. I tried googling the executable, but nothing comes up. Is it being truncated? I didn't choose to create start menu items when I installed Firefox, so I can't compare against my own install. Have a look at the folder and the files within.

As for the anti-virus not working: Check your reliabity monitor for failed updates. And have a peek at administrative events in your event history for any errors that might be related. The latter will be full of warnings no matter what, but that doesn't mean anything necessarily.
You can access either by just typing "reliabity" or "event" with the start menu open.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7927 on: April 20, 2020, 06:48:24 PM »
I now understand the protestors wanting to open things up again. I just spent 2 hours trying to teach my kids sine, cosine and tangent formulas and when to apply them.

Pay the teachers twice as much.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7928 on: April 20, 2020, 11:34:09 PM »

Coax

« Reply #7929 on: April 21, 2020, 01:29:47 AM »
Just what in the living fuck is Google doing to Google Maps?! What is this shit?  :maf

Not that this changes anything but I tend to like DuckDuckGo's utilization of Apple Maps for overviews. Found it frequently snappier and with less street/road names hidden at certain zoom levels. Also fond of its dark theme matching.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7930 on: April 21, 2020, 02:23:14 PM »
Think my dog hurt her back.  She's been having problems all week and I couldn't figure out what it was.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7931 on: April 22, 2020, 03:44:02 AM »
My credit union has again added "fraud protections to benefit me" which just means I can't fucking buy anything on the gosh darn internet not from the United States, even through Paypal. And now, for my convenience, they've turned off the automatic code messages that get sent that let me call a computer lady to say "no, I really did mean to pay these Eastern Europeans for a Steam key" raising the likelihood of my having to pretend to actually call the help line (during reduced hours thanks to COVID) to say I want this shit turned off somehow rather than just giving up.

I give up. What do I need the remastered Bulletstorm for anyway? It'll probably be close to $4 at an "accepted" retailer probably someday.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7932 on: April 22, 2020, 08:27:04 AM »
My dog is not doing well at all - I don't think she's actually hurt - I think she is having really bad anxiety issues again.  Should have put this is the struggle tread.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7933 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:15 AM »
nooo :'(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7934 on: April 22, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »
Her anxiety was building for the last 4 months, I was just hoping to not have to put her back on anxiety meds but I think I waited too long.  She now screams when I touch her back - her head is fine, and she only does this in contexts related to going outside (like putting her harness on and off or taking her off the bed to go to the door).   It could be that she is having back issues too and just having the major anxiety reactions because of that (she has always been hypersensitive to pain).   However, over the last few months, she has also been showing concerning signs like scratching and staring at walls, which I thought was anxiety issues but now I'm worried it might be cognitive. 

The vet will only do emergencies and is taking forever to get back to emails.  I put her back on her anxiety meds this morning, even before the vet got back to me.  I'm hoping it is hurt back and some anxiety about that and not sever anxiety in general or dementia.  If it's more than a minor physical issue, I don't see how she'll have any quality of life because her anxiety just compounds everything.

I just took her for a walk and it was worse than last night.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 09:38:54 AM by Madrun Badrun »

Fifstar

« Reply #7935 on: April 22, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »
My 2 year old locked me out of our flat when I was outside on the balcony hanging up clothes. I had closed the door but the lever was in open position when she tried to come outside, pulling the lever down in the process :( Then the little smartass protested why I wasn't letting her out  >:(

Thankfully my wife was just 20 minutes away. I diverted our little girl from messing up the flat and putting her fingers in the wall socket by showing her cartoons on my smartphone meanwhile  :doge
Gulp

Sai

« Reply #7936 on: April 22, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
horny
ilysm

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7937 on: April 22, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »
Cut myself doing dumb shit while carving, and like 3 seconds before I thought to myself 'this is dumb I really should put on a glove'

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7938 on: April 23, 2020, 12:17:54 AM »
that's juss life imitating art  ;)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7939 on: April 23, 2020, 02:18:10 AM »
Start a YouTube channel of you cooking in full chainmail

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #7940 on: April 23, 2020, 03:19:33 AM »
Just what in the living fuck is Google doing to Google Maps?! What is this shit?  :maf

Not that this changes anything but I tend to like DuckDuckGo's utilization of Apple Maps for overviews. Found it frequently snappier and with less street/road names hidden at certain zoom levels. Also fond of its dark theme matching.

(Image removed from quote.)

Cool cool. Yeah when using Google Maps on firefox I still have issues when zooming in and out. Chrome. No issue. And it's not because of uBlock Origin either which I have toggled on and off to see if that was an issue.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7941 on: April 24, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »
I had some paperwork issues with school a few months ago that was (mostly) not my fault - a committee member failed to file some paper work.  It fucked with my registation status and i think I just lost a 3K grant because of it.  Not really happy.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #7942 on: April 24, 2020, 01:59:33 PM »
I've been popping Ativan to sleep at night :goldberg
reckt

Bebpo

« Reply #7943 on: April 24, 2020, 11:58:42 PM »
It's really fucking hot today in So Cal. 90degrees up in my place.

I have AC but it's been busted for years. Last summer they threw some patchwork in and 6lbs of coolant and it lasted most of the summer (2-3 months), but nothing today. Trying to get them out Tuesday to do the same thing.

Never looked into a portable AC unit before, but started looking into them today and will give one a try for my computer room. Supposed to get it on Wednesday so hopefully one of the two things work. Doubt I'll sleep much tonight with this heat.

Bebpo

« Reply #7944 on: April 25, 2020, 01:28:47 AM »
Also I'm kinda concerned about having enough amps for the portable AC since running extension cables on most electronics is a fire hazard. The one I'm getting says it's 9amps, which is a lot on a 15amp circuit. My PC has an 850w power supply so that looks like it's about 3.5amps and then there's the small plugs like game consoles and valve index radars and headset and cable modem, etc... my plasma tv is also apparently about 2.7amps. I moved the tv to another circuit, but will probably be stuck with my PC on the same circuit as this portable AC so I hope that doesn't trip it.

I guess worst case scenario I can try to find a power bar that has like a 50 foot cord on amazon and run the bar from another room/circuit and plug the portable AC onto it. Probably not the worst idea other than looking ugly if my current setup trips the breaker. I've got all my electronics in one small room on 2 circuits (and one with a shitty GFE that trips well before 15amps so I can't even have my computer on it) but the other rooms in my house barely use anything on the circuits outside the kitchen, so I have plenty of extra juice in neighboring rooms.

Found a 25 foot one in a few seconds. Probably gets me to the next room:
https://www.amazon.com/DEWENWILS-6-Outlet-Protector-Extension-Profile/dp/B07T89MWK9/

Hmmm, looks like portable AC units are one of those weird high power things you're not supposed to use on surge protectors and need to be in the wall unit. I guess I could move everything else to another circuit with one of those 25/50 foot cords if needed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:43:23 AM by Bebpo »

Tasty

« Reply #7945 on: April 25, 2020, 03:07:58 AM »
Meanwhile it's almost May and I'm still putting on my jacket to smoke outside here.

35-degrees in late April, fucking yandere New England Weather-kun :stahp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7946 on: April 25, 2020, 03:08:40 PM »
I ate off-brand pringles and now I can't stop shitting. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7947 on: April 25, 2020, 03:22:00 PM »
They are super zesty sour cream.  I better eat the rest of them now so I don't spend tomorrow shitting too. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7948 on: April 25, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
I've made a mistake. 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7949 on: April 25, 2020, 08:23:50 PM »
:salute

good luck soldier

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7950 on: April 25, 2020, 09:14:31 PM »
:salute

good luck soldier

Potato-chip-hating name checks out.

bluemax

« Reply #7951 on: April 29, 2020, 01:58:24 AM »
I think I scheduled two car payments for tomorrow and there's no way to cancel one at this point. I have the money to cover both, but I was considering buy some stuff to further spruce up my apartment, since I can't really go anywhere right now.
NO

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7952 on: April 29, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
i love that one, i always just pull the exchange records right away :lol

Tasty

« Reply #7953 on: May 03, 2020, 09:02:40 AM »
In between an inconvenience and a struggle but I can't afford my piano lessons right now. :(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7954 on: May 03, 2020, 09:12:30 AM »
Some initial experiments I was really hopeful about don't seem to be panning out. 

Tasty

« Reply #7955 on: May 03, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
I've been doing virtual lessons via TakeLessons.com and it's been cost-effective but they require you to pay a month's in advance and I just can't right now.

Also been unable to upgrade my keyboard to one with weighted keys too. I feel like a failure on this.

Maybe this would be better in the struggle thread...

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7956 on: May 03, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »
No, bby, it’s just an inconvenience, because you didn’t fail anything, you’ll find ways to fit in what matters to you :-*

Tasty

« Reply #7957 on: May 03, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »
Bless up. 😭

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7958 on: May 03, 2020, 05:14:54 PM »
mum watches a random movies off prime and a lot of christian white nationalist sorbo shid keeps coming up  :yuck

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7959 on: May 03, 2020, 05:16:38 PM »
Sure it's not because of Amazon tracking you across the internet? 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7960 on: May 03, 2020, 05:25:30 PM »
I keep leaving one star reviews, but it won't stop  :stahp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7961 on: May 03, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »
Amazon knows that the people who like Sorbo Christian movies are vocally resistant cucks.  Your reviews say no but your dirty word view says yes.   

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7962 on: May 04, 2020, 04:09:24 PM »
glen has been trolling me by spamming me fanart of shinji and asuka getting married and having kids :stahp
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7963 on: May 04, 2020, 04:37:52 PM »
glen has been trolling me by spamming me fanart of shinji and asuka getting married and having kids :stahp

Are you shipping Rei ?  :yuck
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7964 on: May 04, 2020, 08:33:32 PM »

kimochi warui...
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7965 on: May 04, 2020, 08:40:13 PM »
???

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7966 on: May 04, 2020, 08:42:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

kimochi warui...

That poor girl is suffering from hideous deformed tibias.  :tocry
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #7967 on: May 04, 2020, 09:10:20 PM »
"I hate you!"

"Because I'm just like you?"

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7968 on: May 05, 2020, 10:02:54 PM »
I hear you. I was down to 94kg again before WFH, but thanks to my son's newfound love of baking, I'm back up to 100kg now. Stress eating is real for me, and work has been trying my fucking patience.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7969 on: May 06, 2020, 12:55:12 AM »

pair up the dorks

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7970 on: May 06, 2020, 01:29:10 AM »

pair up the dorks

Rei x Mari
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7971 on: May 06, 2020, 01:33:26 AM »
shit taste, mari is great

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7972 on: May 09, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »
i wanna watch con-air but its not on any streaming service or the ye olde satellite television platform i pay for :stahp
(ice)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7973 on: May 09, 2020, 12:23:40 PM »
or the ye olde satellite television platform i pay for :stahp

Sounds like someone conned your airwaves

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7974 on: May 11, 2020, 07:17:54 PM »
squishy eyes stro! :-\

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7975 on: May 12, 2020, 03:07:22 AM »
Got a prank phone call at 11:30pm where the dude just said "Hello! Hello!" over and over until I hung up. Really, you're out here crank calling people in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Twenty, and that's the best you can come up with?  ::)
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7976 on: May 12, 2020, 03:25:50 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol hello! :lol :lol :lol :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7977 on: May 12, 2020, 03:26:32 AM »
hello!   :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7978 on: May 12, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
answering unknown numbers in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Twenty?

hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol :lol :lol

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7979 on: May 12, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »
answering unknown numbers in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Twenty?

hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol :lol :lol

A lot of normal people are making work calls using their personal phones instead of workplace landlines since they're stuck at home. I almost declined a call I was expecting yesterday since the phone number was from British Columbia.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
HALLLOOLOLLOLZERSSSSSSS BAWLXERSSS
[close]