Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 892885 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #7680 on: January 22, 2020, 07:22:12 PM »
Suntory Toki

Huh. Haven't even seen that one, yet. I'll avoid, thanks.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7681 on: January 22, 2020, 07:29:49 PM »
It's probably something meant for international sales.   Its also a blend with Chita, since I looked it up. 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7682 on: January 22, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »
It's all going down the Chita !  :anhuld
ὕβρις

archnemesis

« Reply #7683 on: January 23, 2020, 04:05:05 AM »
Yamazaki, Nikka Yoichi, and Nicka from the Barrel are the most common variants here. They're all good. Especially the 18 year old Yamazaki.

« Reply #7684 on: January 23, 2020, 08:11:13 AM »
Bought something off ebay that I'm pretty sure got lost during delivery. Kinda beta of me, but I'm weighing up whether I should open up a claim for a refund with ebay or try and work something out with the seller. It's only 40 bucks but still on the one hand I feel bad for the dude since he'll be out of money and his item, but on the other hand I don't want to have paid money in exchange for nothing... Bet he'll think I stole his shit regardless.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7685 on: January 23, 2020, 11:26:08 AM »
You should have said Allah Ma‘ak and walked away :expert

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7686 on: January 23, 2020, 11:38:10 AM »
Stro humble bragging about pulling a new man ::)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7687 on: January 23, 2020, 12:17:01 PM »
Well I left out the part after where a different guy asked me if I was Army or Marine :salute

If you didn't respond with: "In the navy!" you're a failure at life.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7688 on: January 24, 2020, 02:06:04 AM »
finally found a coffee shop I really like, but the people running the place seem to love israel  :doge bunch of merch in the place(tea and other shit) made in israel and with the funny writing too  :yuck

if they just loved israel and didn't go out of the way to import their shit, I'd have no conflict about enjoying my bean juice there. even if they had magen davids all over the walls  ::) the two girls working were cute too   :stahp

https://www.instagram.com/goodseedcoffee/

:-\

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7689 on: January 24, 2020, 02:42:54 AM »
This dude came up to me in the gym all bouncy and wild eyed talmbout carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and how he'd rather have faith in GOD to carry the weight than carry it all himself and be useless to everyone afterwards. He then asked me about my relationship with my parents which segued into a rant about a show his wife watches where physical trainers train these kids who had bad or no parental relationships and the kids go to extremes because they just want to please the only parental figure they have in their lives, but when they fail they feel like they've been crucified just like Christ himself. And that's a CULT, brother.  :doge

He then began talking about Tiger Woods' downfall being caught having poor faith and how it ruined his golf play for 10 years because he was exposed. This went on for about 15 minutes.  :doge

But then he kept circling the area and came back to my area again about a half hour later talking about passion and motivational speaking and returning to the topic of Tiger Woods' infidelities, saying not everyone has the opportunity to sleep with any woman they want outside of their marriage, but would they if they had the chance? We don't know, but Tiger did and got exposed and he suffered.  :doge

He left me with "Faith heals, not golf".  ???

He continued to bounce around and circle my area and walkways and I was pretty sure he was waiting for me to finish up so he could follow me out.

Honestly don't know if he was trying to fuck me, pull me into a cult, pull me into church, start a youtube page, or all of the above.

Stro, I know you aren’t one of my Bore kooks, but you have to follow up on this. Find this dude again, befriend him, find out what makes him tick, what fucked him up so much that he’s that religious? The people deserve answers.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7690 on: January 24, 2020, 03:02:05 AM »
he'll catch stro in the showers eventually  :supergay

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7691 on: January 24, 2020, 04:52:29 AM »
finally found a coffee shop I really like, but the people running the place seem to love israel  :doge bunch of merch in the place(tea and other shit) made in israel and with the funny writing too  :yuck

if they just loved israel and didn't go out of the way to import their shit, I'd have no conflict about enjoying my bean juice there. even if they had magen davids all over the walls  ::) the two girls working were cute too   :stahp

The Zioners ruin everything. I’m sorry bruh :goty
Margs

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7692 on: January 24, 2020, 08:45:46 AM »
just go to mocha joe instead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7693 on: January 24, 2020, 09:26:18 AM »

:dunno :cmonson :mysterio :camby :what
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7694 on: January 24, 2020, 09:30:33 AM »
Israeli food :lawd

I remember going there and wanting to avoid it as much as possible.  Kept asking my parents to go to Burger King.  :P
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7695 on: January 24, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »
Nowhere near that level of crazy, but during my first few weeks of college, this dude used to come up to me in nearly every class, try to make small talk, and ultimately say "WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BIBLE STUDY LATER!!!  WANNA COME!!!!!??"  Didn't matter what I said, he'd just come back the next day and ask me.  Talking with my friends in a common area?  He'd kind of jump in with a fake laugh and ask about bible study.  Was kinda creepy. 
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7696 on: January 24, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7697 on: January 24, 2020, 05:00:16 PM »

:dunno :cmonson :mysterio :camby :what
it's a minor inconvenience  :trumps trying to justify going back by telling myself they don't grow coffee beans in israel, so all I gotta do is avoid the tea  :larry

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7698 on: January 24, 2020, 07:50:24 PM »
Over it nvm

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #7699 on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:18 PM »
I graduated high school earlier than that  :six:

I had a similar “fuck I’m old” moment when I saw that the Neon Night Riders level of the Turtles in Time arcade game takes place this year. 2020 seemed so impossibly far off when I was a kid playing it
WDW

Bebpo

« Reply #7700 on: January 28, 2020, 02:44:09 AM »
Had a stall with my car on a freeway exit and car wouldn't start for minutes and waving everyone around me while they're honking at me. Was having starter issues a couple years ago getting worse and worse with my S2000 and no autoshop, even one that specializes in s2000s could ever figure it out. Replaced the starter about 1.5-2 years back and it seemed to fix it for a while and the car would instantly start instead of chugging and barely starting, but after a year or so it started getting worse and worse and now I end up in a situation like this where the car just won't start and I'm in a bad spot >_<

Definitely not a great day today.

Also I really should get a daily driver. My S2K's hitting 100k miles and is 11 years old at this point and runs into issues like once a year or two easy. Spent the last 2 hours reading car & driver and looking up cars but still can't figure out what I want. Might want to try out a Mercedes E450 when I have a chance. While my S2K is fun to drive and looks flashy, everyone complains at the comfort level for the passenger seat. For daily driver, I'm starting to think I should get something less flashy and more comfortable for wives & maybe kids kinda thing in the hopefully near future.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7701 on: January 28, 2020, 07:29:35 AM »
My dad had an S2000 and I always hated riding in the passenger seat- so uncomfortable.  Was glad when he traded it in and got something else a couple of years ago.  If you do sell yours, you can probably get some good money or trade-in on it.  He said the people at the dealership were almost salivating when he told them he wanted to get rid of it and just get a Civic Sport instead.
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7702 on: January 28, 2020, 08:58:51 PM »
My package was stolen! bork, what did you do?? :busta
每天生气

« Reply #7703 on: January 30, 2020, 08:14:11 AM »
Some jackass hit my car and made a big dent on the door and ran off without leaving any contact detail. Went inside to ask if they got anything on the security cams and they said no. What really gets me about it is that it was practically an empty parking lot and this mofo just had to come hit me.  :mjcry

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7704 on: January 30, 2020, 11:17:03 AM »
Trying to quit them benzos. Withdrawal symptoms are fucking me up.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7705 on: January 30, 2020, 02:15:03 PM »
officially i'd recommend a prolonged taper under the watch of a capable md
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7706 on: January 30, 2020, 10:47:18 PM »
Ate way too much soup rice.  Couldn't help myself. 

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #7707 on: January 30, 2020, 11:17:45 PM »
eatings tums before i eat certain foods rather than after :-\

TVC15

« Reply #7708 on: January 30, 2020, 11:24:25 PM »
I’m out of painkillers and the world is back to normal. It’s a place of shit. But on the bright side my stomach will soon be able to tolerate communion from The Bell.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #7709 on: January 30, 2020, 11:38:01 PM »
A coworker at my last job told me they were likely gonna have to move out of their place because they can't afford the actual rent of it and the building owner was selling it. I offered my extra bedroom and said they could move in if it happened, but I think maybe I was hoping it never would, and of course now they need it. They would probably be a pretty good roommate, but I just sort of like living alone and I'm in a weird spot emotionally right now after my break up. But like, I also would feel bad having offered this up so many times and then turning them away when it comes time to make good.

Blech.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #7710 on: January 30, 2020, 11:51:23 PM »
A coworker at my last job told me they were likely gonna have to move out of their place because they can't afford the actual rent of it and the building owner was selling it. I offered my extra bedroom and said they could move in if it happened, but I think maybe I was hoping it never would, and of course now they need it. They would probably be a pretty good roommate, but I just sort of like living alone and I'm in a weird spot emotionally right now after my break up. But like, I also would feel bad having offered this up so many times and then turning them away when it comes time to make good.

Blech.

I'd make it clear this is just a short term, get back on your feet kinda thing until you find a place. Give him like 3 months. Is he paying you rent? Because he should be and that extra $$ will be nice to have.
Might be a new and interesting/good experience for you. You never know what'll happen.

I mean you can just tell him no, but yeah it's kinda dick, but it's your living experience.

TVC15

« Reply #7711 on: January 31, 2020, 01:28:26 AM »
This may be a budding struggle but I have a cold and I didn’t have one yesterday before surgery, so I caught it there. If I caught that Chinese Death they’re talking about on the radio at the fuckin’ dentist I’m going to be pretty pissed.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #7712 on: January 31, 2020, 02:15:59 AM »

Blech.

I'd make it clear this is just a short term, get back on your feet kinda thing until you find a place. Give him like 3 months. Is he paying you rent? Because he should be and that extra $$ will be nice to have.
Might be a new and interesting/good experience for you. You never know what'll happen.

I mean you can just tell him no, but yeah it's kinda dick, but it's your living experience.

She would be paying rent yes, and she's the kind of person who would keep some of the stuff clean that I tend to not take care of as often as I should. Plus she works a second job on weekends, so she wouldn't be around much except week nights.

So the benefits are basically:
Extra $
Extra help cleaning
Someone who could potentially watch my dog for a few hours on a week night if I have plans or work comes up etc.

The downsides are:
Slightly less alone time
Dealing with tandem parking

Also the place she works for is moving offices a significant distance in a few months, so there's the possibility she gets back on her feet and decides to move closer so her commute to her M-F job is less bad.

It's really not that bad and I was just feeling lame about it earlier. It's probably healthier for me overall to have a roommate, despite not wanting one.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:21:49 AM by bluemax »
NO

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7713 on: January 31, 2020, 02:25:29 AM »
I did the empty gesture roommate offer once, it went for about two months before she moved. Like you, I was hoping I wouldn't have to actually follow through with it but it wasn't too bad. For some reason, women toss a lot of toilet paper in the trash can though.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7714 on: January 31, 2020, 08:53:48 AM »
For some reason, women toss a lot of toilet paper in the trash can though.

:lol

TVC15

« Reply #7715 on: January 31, 2020, 12:39:08 PM »
Day 2, still have a cold, feel like shit. It’s like water out of my nose. I’m going to be leaving a slug trail by the time I get to the office monday
serge

bluemax

« Reply #7716 on: January 31, 2020, 09:37:19 PM »
bluemax:  OOF.. been there.. with a friend who I did make it clear was supposed to be a temporary situation... just a "stay in our guest room for SUPER cheap to get back onto your feet."   Without going into details he immediately started making a huge impact on the house.. for instance, despite the entire point being him being able to save up money he threw out his bed from his apartment he was moving out of and had a brand new bed/mattress delivered day one... moving our futon into the garage without asking.. moving the dresser out of the guest room..  it gets worse from there.

And this is a guy I'd loaned fairly large amounts of money to in the past and then forgiven those loans out of kindness.   

He's been one of my best friends for a long time but he has this spoiled child attitude about everything.. my wife was incredibly pissed and I had to basically kick him out after 2 months.   He never even gave me the rent money he was going to pay me for the 2 months he was there lol

Well I juuuust had a roommate who didn't pay (and still has a couch here!), who was a friend and I had given the break thing too until he abused it. Basically he had been unemployed for awhile and was running low on funds so he asked to move in, with the understanding he would be paying. He paid for one, maybe two months and then asked one night if maybe he could pay less for awhile because had had a bunch of car related expenses and some other stuff, and while we were talking about he said "or... I could just pay nothing!" and I was not clear enough on how unacceptable that would be. Fast forward to July and on the weekend of the 4th I discover I had no money because apparently the IRS had come for some taxes I owed (being a 1099 is the worst), anywho I was in a bad mood from that and having fought with my stupid boss the day before, so I told my roommate my situation and said it had been several months and he needed to start paying something. I came home that night to a check for $200 and I didn't see him in person again until October and didn't talk to him in person again until December. He did get a job shortly after that conversation (he had gone back to school for a semester), he started paying me again each month (albeit not the amount we agreed upon) and then let me know he was moving out in December (which of course he didn't do on the timeline he said he was going to do). So... yeah.

This coworker knows about that situation and generally is more reliable of a human being than my last roommate. I think it was just sort of the suddenness, and me being just extra tired and out of sorts yesterday that lead me to being weird about it. I felt a lot more positive about the whole thing when I woke up this morning.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:43:52 PM by bluemax »
NO

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7717 on: February 01, 2020, 10:11:13 PM »
I tried to log in to my GameStop account from my phone to see if I had enough points for free stuff and it hit me with the old “looks like you’re logging in from a new device blah blah” okay whatever, text me a code. They texted me the code and have continued to text me the code every 15 minutes or so for the last 36 hours. I thought it would stop eventually, but now I’m not sure.
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7718 on: February 01, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
it'll probably stop once the company goes bankrupt in two weeks

TVC15

« Reply #7719 on: February 02, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
Suzie on Curb Your Enthusiasm said she likes cupcakes and now I want a cupcake :(
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7720 on: February 03, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »
Sorry about your red t-zone and your poor pore sucker. 

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7721 on: February 04, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
I've got whatever toku's got... pray for me
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7722 on: February 04, 2020, 11:05:48 AM »
I tried to log in to my GameStop account from my phone to see if I had enough points for free stuff and it hit me with the old “looks like you’re logging in from a new device blah blah” okay whatever, text me a code. They texted me the code and have continued to text me the code every 15 minutes or so for the last 36 hours. I thought it would stop eventually, but now I’m not sure.

I haven't gotten a Gamestop text since Sunday at noon, I think my long nightmare is finally over.
©@©™

Fifstar

« Reply #7723 on: February 04, 2020, 11:58:14 AM »
Had to cancel our reservation for our nursery school. We waited for a long time to actually cancel it and I felt shitty for making them wait so long, especially as lots of people are waiting for places in nursery school for their kids. Just dread to make phone calls like that. Hate to disappoint people like that, even if I don't really know them.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
We save about 2500 eurobucks on our different nursery school per year (which is just as good as the other nursery school we canceled) so this is actually a triumph of the day  :D
[close]
Gulp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7724 on: February 04, 2020, 12:34:20 PM »
I've been back to the zionist coffee shop several times now  :doge all the nazi's needed were some good coffee shops, who knew  :trumps

BisMarckie

« Reply #7725 on: February 04, 2020, 09:09:49 PM »
My daughter brought home a nasty stomach bug from her daycare.
Drinking a sip of water causes me to throw up.
I am currently being quarantined at my parents.
Live with your parents again in your mid 30’s brehs :mjcry
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:18:21 PM by BisMarckie »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7726 on: February 04, 2020, 09:14:16 PM »
I've got whatever toku's got... pray for me

bless up

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #7727 on: February 05, 2020, 11:36:30 AM »
Tried to register to be a stem cell donor only to be told I already have an account

I don't remember doing the cheek swab but I guess I have

bluemax

« Reply #7728 on: February 05, 2020, 10:01:15 PM »
Welp, the person who I offered to the room now doesn't want it because I made them feel unwanted as a roommate. I apologized but I dunno. I feel bad it is working out this way.
NO

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7729 on: February 05, 2020, 10:30:55 PM »
I spilled Triscuit Thin Crisps™ all over the place trying to open them. :fbm

BisMarckie

« Reply #7730 on: February 05, 2020, 10:32:50 PM »

gotta be honest, that would have been funnier if the "benji is a fatty" rumors were true. :larry

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #7731 on: February 06, 2020, 03:21:56 AM »
trying to explain the difference between a credit card statement and an invoice at work, in response get sent a pdf with a virus =/

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7732 on: February 06, 2020, 03:23:07 AM »

gotta be honest, that would have been funnier if the "benji is a fatty" rumors were true. :larry

"rumours"
I don't see any evidence he's skinny, do you?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7733 on: February 06, 2020, 04:49:09 AM »

"rumours"
I don't see any evidence he's skinny, do you?

Well he's an anarchist, isn't he?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7734 on: February 06, 2020, 09:01:30 AM »
Got a new water heater installed yesterday.  They had to move out the washing machine and cut a hole in the wall to get to it, because the weird way whoever put the previous one in did the job- stuff from the furnace is in the way if you go in front the front of the closet this stuff is in.

Had a contractor and his guys do the job- he's going to be renovating our place and this was the first step.  Anyway, I'm working at home while this is all going on and can't really look at much.  My dad recommended this guy and also offered to pay for most of the reno stuff, so he was over here in case they needed anything. 

They pack up all their stuff and leave, and I find that the bathroom where the equipment was installed is dirty as hell- the floor, nasty shit in the bathtub, dirty sink, leftover parts, screws, etc. just left there.  The floor from the stairs leading to the bathroom and the stairs are also dirty.  The floor at the bottom of the stairs is fucking nasty.  The DOORKNOB is nasty and greasy as hell.  :yuck  They took out a smoke detector because it went off when they started soldering stuff in and never put it back up- found it outside after it had been raining.  Fortunately it wasn't wet.  The front screen door is kinda fucked up now and the doors in front of the washing machine weren't put back on right.
:dizzy

Took me a good 1.5 hours to clean/fix everything up and get it back to normal.  The front screen door is still a bit 'off' but we're just going to have them fix it when they come back.  They did a great job with the water heater, but I'm kinda wary about letting them in here alone to do all the renovations if they can't clean up after themselves even a little.  The plan was to go on vacation and let them come in, but now I dunno, lol.
ど助平

TVC15

« Reply #7735 on: February 06, 2020, 03:14:33 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:19:39 PM by TVC15 »
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7736 on: February 06, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »
heat usually makes it harder for people to sleep, but not everyone is the same on that. just turn on the damn heater and get a big mexican blanket

if you move to LA, at some point you'll make a wrong turn and end up stranded in the middle of skid row. the filthy homeless will capture you and your pretty white buttcheeks will be getting smacked the entire night!

TVC15

« Reply #7737 on: February 06, 2020, 03:47:23 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:19:57 PM by TVC15 »
serge

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7738 on: February 06, 2020, 03:53:47 PM »
I could never move to LA because of the traffic. I'm one of those people who becomes near suicidal if I get stuck in a traffic jam for more than an hour or I get instant dread if I see an off-ramp that is backed  onto the highway. I've been in/around Chicago enough to know I could never live like that.

TVC15

« Reply #7739 on: February 06, 2020, 04:37:48 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:20:07 PM by TVC15 »
serge