Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ~ B O R E V A L U E S ~  (Read 197229 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: Other Forums |OT| ~ B O R E V A L U E S ~
« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2019, 04:32:07 AM »
I don't even know what that means. Anchorman has so many quotes. "I don't believe you"? Fine.

I don't have the heart to do any of this anymore. I hope all of you seeking happiness find it. Even Stro.
That's pretty ominous. You alright, man?

Definitely not, but I'll push on.

Sorry Hillary isn’t running again in 2020  :(

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #661 on: March 06, 2019, 04:34:11 AM »
why would anyone buy "ubisoft stock photos" gettyimages when there's hundreds of them on their website?

emily rogers should investigate this instead of writing bad fanfic

we already outsourced that to some Dutch company

BisMarckie

« Reply #662 on: March 06, 2019, 04:34:49 AM »
Name one person in that photo who hasn‘t jerked off in the office while thinking about her.

You can‘t.

BisMarckie

« Reply #663 on: March 06, 2019, 04:36:25 AM »
Name one person in that photo who hasn‘t jerked off in the office while thinking about her.

You can‘t.

Yikes. That‘s why so few women want to get into games development, shitlord.

benjipwns

« Reply #664 on: March 06, 2019, 04:36:58 AM »

« Reply #665 on: March 06, 2019, 04:36:59 AM »

You can‘t.

The white girl in the front maybe?
She

jorma

« Reply #666 on: March 06, 2019, 04:38:35 AM »

You can‘t.

Name one person in that photo who hasn't raped and killed a prostitute in their teens.

You can't.

benjipwns

« Reply #667 on: March 06, 2019, 04:38:40 AM »
Some great posts in this thread, and thanks to some industry folk for speaking up and adding some extra credence and support to the notion. I hope when/if I enter the industry it's much less... Homogeneous. This medium needs to be turned on it's head already.
:doge

tuna_love

« Reply #668 on: March 06, 2019, 04:38:55 AM »
is she making a white nationalist symbol 👌

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #669 on: March 06, 2019, 04:39:06 AM »

You can‘t.

Lesbian/Bi erasure. You’re such a piece of shit.
Margs

« Reply #671 on: March 06, 2019, 04:43:29 AM »

You can‘t.

Lesbian/Bi erasure. You’re such a piece of shit.

No she’s way out of her league, dummy
She

benjipwns

« Reply #672 on: March 06, 2019, 04:44:33 AM »
she's French Canadian this whole discussion is disgusting :yuck

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #673 on: March 06, 2019, 04:47:10 AM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #674 on: March 06, 2019, 04:50:38 AM »
she's French Canadian this whole discussion is disgusting :yuck

Look at benji doing the dirty work for the Académie Française. Listen, you have to get with the times, French culture is not just formed in France these days, it‘s 2019 FFS.

benjipwns

« Reply #675 on: March 06, 2019, 04:51:08 AM »
Jade Raymond is at the center of what I think is EA's most hilarious ongoing situation, she started Motive Studios in 2015 and it was supposed to work with Visceral on Amy Henning's Star Wars game

BioWare Montreal was merged into it in 2017 after Andromeda flopped

it opened a second studio in Vancouver in 2018

it has never released a game other than outsourced grunt work on Battlefront II

BisMarckie

« Reply #676 on: March 06, 2019, 04:52:48 AM »
Still would.

benjipwns

« Reply #677 on: March 06, 2019, 04:54:51 AM »
even stranger is that EA Montreal is claimed to still exist, but it hasn't released a game since 2013

it's supposed to be in the same building

I think there may be a black hole in downtown Montreal and the French Canadians are covering it up

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #680 on: March 06, 2019, 04:57:55 AM »
There needs to be a warning because I was not prepared for that.
what part of "golden shower" are these people not understanding?

benjipwns

« Reply #681 on: March 06, 2019, 04:58:41 AM »
He wants to show how Brazil lost its Christian values and all that incel shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #682 on: March 06, 2019, 05:01:37 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-aoc-going-to-jail.1473171/

No way. Politicians only get punished if its sexual.
These threads are embarrassing tbh
AOC? Living rent free in my brain? It's more likely than you think.
Lol. You guys need to lay off the conservative koolaid.
These threads are embarrassing tbh
Pathetic more like.
:-*

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #683 on: March 06, 2019, 05:03:12 AM »
He wants to show how Brazil lost its Christian values and all that incel shit.

Marx almost had it right except it's not class warfare that underlines history, but volcels vs incels.
 :ussrcry

Genghis Khan ? Incel.
Hutus ? Incels.
Colombus ? Incel.
Trump ? Incel.

Checkmate historians :smug
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #684 on: March 06, 2019, 05:05:05 AM »
is she making a white nationalist symbol 👌
so you're suggesting that Motive Studios is a front for funneling money to the alt-right?

I've e-mailed this tip to Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan and Game Informer Editor, at the Pakistan Embassy

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #685 on: March 06, 2019, 05:08:29 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-aoc-going-to-jail.1473171/

GAF has fallen so far it's not even funny to take the piss out of them.

If you want a prime example of the kind of fucked up attitudes that rule the roost over there, this thread is tops: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/riot-games-hires-its-first-chief-diversity-and-inclusion-officer.1473041/

Shower goblin even made an appearance.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #686 on: March 06, 2019, 05:09:15 AM »
User Banned (3 days): inflammatory generalisations and vilifying journalism

idk. i dont think i like leaks. Because half the time the stuff aint true. And it seems a little scummy when kotaku is always leaking stuff. Gaming has gotten so gossipy....ppl snitching on themselves. For what? What do they get out of it. Is jason shrier paying them all that sweet kotaku money? doubt it. whats the endgame. Get caught and fired? So when u DM kotaku....they just send u a shrug emoji back lol
mmm spicy

benjipwns

« Reply #687 on: March 06, 2019, 05:10:29 AM »
Genghis Khan has like 16 million living descendants.
typical for incels to steal all the women while everyone else is busy at parties full of activists

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #688 on: March 06, 2019, 05:12:15 AM »
Genghis Khan has like 16 million living descendants.

perkele

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #689 on: March 06, 2019, 05:12:15 AM »
I don't even know what that means. Anchorman has so many quotes. "I don't believe you"? Fine.

I don't have the heart to do any of this anymore. I hope all of you seeking happiness find it. Even Stro.
That's pretty ominous. You alright, man?
Definitely not, but I'll push on.

Sorry Hillary isn’t running again in 2020  :(

Have I even talked about politics in the year 2019? I mean a serious post, and more than one, beyond reflexive Bernie shit talk? It doesn’t even concern me now. Hillary can do whatever. I just wanted her to win to make Republicans suffer. She was the person they hated most on this planet. It would have been hell for them every single day. Those fucks proved they were pure evil with Halbig/King v Burwell and some other shit. I hoped we could all rally around that cause. But she was too “unlikeable” for a bunch of you. I don’t even care now. Just get Trump out of office so we can stop being an international laughing stock. If Bernie wins, great. DGAF.

I can’t even care about Republicans vs Democrats either. Just get Trump out of office. The real enemy is time, and apathy, and all the shit that stands between you and your happiness and your goals. Do what the fuck ever.

Don’t read that much into it, I’m just shit posting. Stop creaming on me!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #690 on: March 06, 2019, 05:14:35 AM »
I wonder how many stds were just on the tip of genghis' cock.

benjipwns

« Reply #691 on: March 06, 2019, 05:16:30 AM »
A couple years ago I started going to a group called AWARE. It’s a group where white people can work through their racial biases, examine how structural white supremacy and patriarchy have had an affect on us in unconscious ways, and learn how even when we have the best intentions we can sometimes say or do things that are triggering to POCs. It’s run by other white people, out of concern that as we work through these issues we don’t want to say anything that could be triggering to people of color. Also because POCs shoudnt be made responsible to inform whites about their biases:

One thing I learned in that group is that words and phrases I would have had absolutely no idea could be triggering could end up causing some POCs real pain. Even if I had the best intentions. Even if what I meant is different then what was heard. I learned that I need to be responsible and make sure of the history that these words have, why they are triggering, and so everything I can to avoid them. It’s hard sometimes because having to come up with different words to say the same thing out of fear of being misunderstood is really challenging. But it’s important work:

This kind of work is something everyone should be doing, especially those in leadership positions. I think Omar knows this, and is doing so. But to point out she needs to be more careful is helping her do that very work I’m talking about.

https://www.awarela.org/
The Alliance of White Anti-Racists Everywhere – Los Angeles (AWARE-LA) is an all-volunteer alliance of white anti-racist people organizing to challenge racism and work for racial justice in transformative alliance with people of color. We take collective action to build white anti-racist and multiracial alliances to contribute to a broad-based, social justice movement.
White People 4 Black Lives (WP4BL) is a white anti-racist collective and activist project. We operate within a national network of white anti-racists called Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ). Our work is rooted in showing up for racial justice and acting in alliance with Black Lives Matter: Los Angeles, the Movement 4 Black Lives, and other partners.

With full recognition of the privilege we as white people have that allows us to ignore or minimize issues of race and racism, we make a conscious decision to notice, call out, and challenge institutional and cultural racism. Standing on the shoulders of those who came before us, such as white abolitionists like John Brown and the Grimke sisters, and white organizers fighting segregation like Anne Braden, we approach our work with an intersectional lens and a commitment to act accountably in our relationships and alliances with people of color and people-of-color-led organizations.

Our work includes fundraising, internal and external education, mobilization, recruitment and networking, action planning, and cultural transformation. We believe strongly that white folks can play a progressive and supportive role in amplifying the voices and demands of Black people, moving the white community to take a more active and participatory stance for racial justice, and apply strategic pressure on institutions to change racist policies.
https://www.awarela.org/saturday-dialogue
Saturday Dialogue (SD) is a gathering for white anti-racists who want to discuss issues of identity, community, privilege and racism in our lives with the intention to strengthen our practice as anti-racists in alliances, relationships, and interactions with people of color.

Regular, recurring dialogues throughout the year focus on the intersections of multiple identities, including Race and Class, Sexuality and Race, and Gender and Race. Other workshops focus on relationships, Radical White Identity and Community, and issues such as police and the prison industrial complex, immigration, and gentrification.

WHY IS SATURDAY DIALOGUE FOR WHITE ANTI-RACISTS?
For many, it sounds contradictory: “It’s racist if just white people to get together. Isn’t that segregation?” The following are our reasons for gathering as a white anti-racist community:

1. People of color shouldn’t always have to be the ones to educate white people about racism and oppression. We are taking responsibility for learning about racism, our own white privilege, and how to challenge it as white people.

2. In order to challenge racism and dismantle white supremacy, white people need to unlearn racism and discover the ways we enact white privilege. This is a long, difficult, and sometimes painful process. It’s helpful to have a space where other white people engaged in this process can support and challenge us, without having to always subject people of color to further undue trauma or pain as we stumble and make mistakes. Having a community of white anti-racist people gives us hope, helps us grow our practice, and gives us strength to stay in it for the long haul.

3. A commitment to anti-racist identity and practice as a white person can sometimes mean increased alienation and conflict in our lives, especially with other white friends and family who disagree with us. AWARE is a space where we can get support from people who are experiencing similar struggles as anti-racist white people.

4. It’s a space for white people to figure out what it means to be an anti-racist white person and challenge racism in all areas of our lives. We cannot expect people of color to have all of the answers for us on how to transform ourselves and other white people. As white people we are well equipped to understand what it means to be a white, as well as a white anti-racist.

5. It’s a place where white people can begin to build a new culture of white anti-racism, and learn the skills needed to transform the larger white community.

6. AWARE is a supplement to, not a replacement for, multi-racial dialogues between white people and people of color. It’s important that white people give space in their lives to learning from and bearing witness to people of color’s experiences of racism.

7. A white space serves as a resource to people of color who want to work with white people but don’t want to have to spend all their energy dealing with the racism of white people.

Check out our paper Towards a Radical White Identity to learn more about the theory behind Saturday Dialogue. You can find our toolkit for starting your own dialogue here.
UNMASKING WHITENESS INSTITUTE 2019
AWARE-LA is happy to offer our 11th annual workshop series on building white anti-racist practice and community in an intensive 4-day institute designed specifically for white people.

This series invited white people to deepen their self-awareness and build community with other white people taking up work for racial justice. Through personal reflection, small and large group dialogue, and experiential activities, this institute invites the exploration of subjects such as:

* The meaning of whiteness
* White privilege and multiple identities
* How to resolve guilt and shame
* Institutional racism
* Development of an anti-racist practice and identity
:era

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #692 on: March 06, 2019, 05:19:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/explosive-packages-found-at-heathrow-waterloo-and-london-city-airport.103541/

holy shit, I was just through Heathrow recently
Similarly, I recently opened an envelope. I'm lucky to be alive.
Do you feel empowered after saying that?

:ltg

After seeing a place charge £7 for a miserable looking salmon bagel I can understand why you might be tempted to bomb City Airport.
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate joke, previous ban for similar behaviour

Fine, he can't be put in jail for it, but that doesn't mean we can't think he's an asshole for making light of what could have been a very serious situation. Let's not forget that even though it failed, someone plotted this.

:badass
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #693 on: March 06, 2019, 05:20:58 AM »
You'd really have to have seen the state of the bagel to get where I'm coming from.
:lawd

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #694 on: March 06, 2019, 05:21:25 AM »
Jesus Christ those acronyms, like all white people, are terrible.

benjipwns

« Reply #695 on: March 06, 2019, 05:22:23 AM »
lmao that ban was initially longer:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2019, 05:22:30 AM »
Thanks for the solidarity.

I have learned nothing from this experience and will undoubtedly make similar jokes again in future.

:salute
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2019, 05:24:48 AM »
i hope to see all you guys at the four day workshop* to learn how to resolve our guilt and shame for being white in a world where we could choose to be anything, also learning the meaning of whiteness

*the 11th annual!

BisMarckie

« Reply #698 on: March 06, 2019, 05:26:11 AM »
Diversity consultants, these workshops.
It‘s easier than ever to scam people and here I am going to work every day like an idiot.

benjipwns

« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2019, 05:27:47 AM »
so...what would they do if a person of color showed up at the workshop? since it's supposed to only be for white anti-racists...

benjipwns

« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2019, 05:29:44 AM »
Glen will probably check it out for us :obama

BIONIC

« Reply #701 on: March 06, 2019, 05:34:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-problematic-that-lifeline-apex-legends-is-voiced-by-a-white-woman.103684/

Quote from: SuperBlank, post: 18571013, member: 28366
I think we should add a poll so people can start talking about how disappointed in everyone they are.

:teehee
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #702 on: March 06, 2019, 05:38:40 AM »
A couple years ago I started going to a group called AWARE. It’s a group where white people can work through their racial biases, examine how structural white supremacy and patriarchy have had an affect on us in unconscious ways, and learn how even when we have the best intentions we can sometimes say or do things that are triggering to POCs. It’s run by other white people, out of concern that as we work through these issues we don’t want to say anything that could be triggering to people of color. Also because POCs shoudnt be made responsible to inform whites about their biases:

One thing I learned in that group is that words and phrases I would have had absolutely no idea could be triggering could end up causing some POCs real pain. Even if I had the best intentions. Even if what I meant is different then what was heard. I learned that I need to be responsible and make sure of the history that these words have, why they are triggering, and so everything I can to avoid them. It’s hard sometimes because having to come up with different words to say the same thing out of fear of being misunderstood is really challenging. But it’s important work:

This kind of work is something everyone should be doing, especially those in leadership positions. I think Omar knows this, and is doing so. But to point out she needs to be more careful is helping her do that very work I’m talking about.
So much of reee's behaviour and philosophy is explained in this post.
Spud

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2019, 05:48:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-would-be-your-john-malkovich.103663/#post-18570822

Quote from: Some schmuck
Honestly, difficult to pick one person but it would be someone of a different race, gender, and/or sexuality because it would be a great way to actually experience life through that lense and see it as a learning experience given I'm white cis male

:ego

Snoopycat_

« Reply #704 on: March 06, 2019, 05:48:40 AM »
White people are fuckin crazy.

benjipwns

« Reply #705 on: March 06, 2019, 05:52:49 AM »
some schmuck? more like a hero

spoiler (click to show/hide)
AWARE-LE-WP4BL is teaching me a lot about who the real heroes are
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #706 on: March 06, 2019, 05:55:12 AM »
they look like the start of a cd key

jorma

« Reply #707 on: March 06, 2019, 06:19:14 AM »

but i bet the parties they throw are the dopest

benjipwns

« Reply #709 on: March 06, 2019, 06:30:25 AM »
It’s official! I’m a Disney Princess

On October 22nd I officially joined the Marvel Universe as Princess Zanda- Black Panther’s nemesis Marvel Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest” airing Sundays on Disney XD. I always knew I was meant to be a Disney princess... even if she’s a little bit evil..ahem misunderstood ;) Princess Zanda will reveal a very special super power in episode 12 which very much resembles one of my own special talents. Tune in to find out just how good I am at being bad-
https://twitter.com/TheMelaLee/status/1099492748145479680

yikes

benjipwns

« Reply #710 on: March 06, 2019, 06:33:44 AM »
What about him? A black person voicing Kratos doesn't solve racism or the fact that representation is an issue in video games, both behind the scenes and in front.
oh... :fbm

AWARE-LE-WP4BL needs a hotline for my guilt and shame problems.

benjipwns

« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2019, 06:36:32 AM »
that Kratos argument in that thread is pretty amazing considering the direct plot point behind his skin in the first game, it's the ashes of his fucking family he murdered fused to him forever :lol

maybe mystery eshop game #3 will be a god of war port and they'll find this out

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #712 on: March 06, 2019, 06:55:21 AM »
that Kratos argument in that thread is pretty amazing considering the direct plot point behind his skin in the first game, it's the ashes of his fucking family he murdered fused to him forever :lol

maybe mystery eshop game #3 will be a god of war port and they'll find this out

Those Kratos arguments are always such a trainwreck.

Considering how much of white western culture is based on Greco-Roman traditions, he is {white} for all intents and purposes.

:mindblown
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #713 on: March 06, 2019, 07:22:15 AM »
vom, I got an exclusive sneak peak into a future ResetERA.com thread:
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vbwpdb/the-climate-change-paper-so-depressing-its-sending-people-to-therapy
"Deep Adaptation" is that unique social phenomenon: an academic paper that has gone viral through word of mouth.

Nathan Savelli, a 31-year-old high school life coach from Hamilton, Canada, was recommended the paper by a local environmental activist. Reading it sent him spiraling into depression. "I guess in some ways it felt like I was diagnosed with a terminal illness," he tells me. "If I'm being honest, it was a mix of heartbreaking sadness and extreme anger."

Savelli felt so low that he sought help from a climate grief support group organized by 350.org, the global grassroots climate movement. "I had attended counseling in the past for other issues, but never a group session, and thought it might be something helpful for me," he tells me. Did it help? "I'm not sure I'd say it alleviated my grief, but it was definitely comforting to be around people who understood what I was feeling."

And therein lies the problem with "Deep Adaptation:" if you accept that the paper is entirely correct in its prediction of collapse, how do you move on with your life? How do you even get out of bed in the morning?

"I'm aware of what difficult emotions it triggers," Bendell acknowledges. "I do believe that if you’ve come across this [paper], then absolutely some grief and despair is very natural. Why isn't that OK? We all die in the end. Life is about impermanence." On his blog, he lists several sources for psychological support, including several groups on Facebook and LinkedIn that discuss collapse and offer help to those struggling to come to terms with the conclusions of his paper.

But, Bendell adds, reading the paper has been "transformative" for some. "People find a new boldness about living life on their own terms—actually connecting to their heart's desire. How do they wish to live, and why don't they live that way now rather than postponing it?"

In one case, it even helped prompt one high-ranking academic to quit her job and the city.

In December of 2017, Dr. Alison Green left her post as the pro vice-chancellor of Arden University. She had read the IPCC report warning that the world is nowhere near averting global temperature increases, as well as the 1,656-page National Climate Assessment on how climate change is now dramatically affecting our lives—and then she read Bendell's paper.

All three combined to put her on the road to a drastic life change. "My desire is to get out of academia and to get out of the city. I tell people I’m heading for the hills," she tells me over the phone. "My plan is to get a smallholding and live more closely to nature."

Reading the paper, she says, helped to crystallize her increasing uneasiness about the pace and scale of climate change. "What was really striking about this paper is that a social scientist was saying—not just the wacky fringe, this is a professor at an established institution, with a track record—saying that he believed that collapse was inevitable."

"That," she adds, "had a profound effect on me."

She's not the only one. Bendell himself says that he is still working out how much he can reconcile his job as an academic with his newfound conclusions about the state of the future.

can't wait for the OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION in the OP for this one demanding everyone read it and obey the science before posting even though it has not passed peer review and he refuses to revise it
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:28:50 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #714 on: March 06, 2019, 07:29:29 AM »
oh no it's bork, everyone hide!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #715 on: March 06, 2019, 07:49:48 AM »
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #716 on: March 06, 2019, 07:56:53 AM »
everyone get to the escape pods, i'll try and distract him

BIONIC

« Reply #717 on: March 06, 2019, 08:05:12 AM »
oh no it's bork, everyone hide!

:gentleman

Cream has been very mean to filler  :banplz :banplz
Margs

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #718 on: March 06, 2019, 08:09:13 AM »
omg, I didnt know marzgurl posts on reeee, she's getting absolutely savaged in the rekieta livestreams :dead

benjipwns

« Reply #719 on: March 06, 2019, 08:20:48 AM »
creamycarepost
to be honest and care post a bit to save bork some time from reading our garbage (ESPECIALLY SINCE I CONTRIBUTED HEAVILY TO IT), i thought we had a fairly decent if roundabout convo with cream who grasped that the shitpost thread is not exactly the rest of the forum deliberately and that we're pretty self-aware about this fact and that was part of her main complaint

it's mostly a disagreement as to how much in this thread we disassociate the posters character from their personal character, except in instances like the Tekken guy or Costanza or whatever, cream thinks we should take that into account a bit more, whereas we're more about the literal posts that create the "forum character"

also she doesn't particularly care for how we'll shit talk and troll each other in here and then be nice/caring elsewhere on the forum

i thought it was actually the first time she's been around that she explained the disconnect she has had with us rather than getting distracted by whatever shitposting and was making more sense about her point of view

TL;DR: i'd give her some extra leeway for that third strike for a bit, but then i'm a big softee on bans
[close]

also shosta is going to trap us inside a theatre with clowns and set the whole place on fire

and a bunch of people were promoting Jade Raymond's front to funnel Lucasfilm's money to the alt-right, and they think she's attractive despite being French-Canadian
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:40:07 AM by benjipwns »