Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3883883 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #1260 on: March 11, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »
I loved spawn, but:

(Image removed from quote.)

:era

stop doxxing succulentsucrosenicole

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1261 on: March 11, 2019, 03:46:29 PM »
The CGI in Spider Man Homecoming was pretty pathetic as well. Isn't it just a case of Marvel not giving a shit about CG effects? Why waste money when the movies are aimed at manchildren who would go see it regardless?

Black Panther's budget was freaking 200 million, Homecoming was 175 million, though I think you're right that Marvel doesn't care that much for the quality of the CG, instead the money is being pumped into the CG studios to get those shots done fast.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1262 on: March 11, 2019, 03:49:38 PM »

Also, the cg gopher.

But also, pretty much the whole movie was full of bad, lazy cg.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1263 on: March 11, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
Andrew Yang officially cancelled by Cheebo, agrajag sent to ER on account of annihilation :

He gave legitimacy to known racists Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson. Doesn't matter how desperate you are, you don't go on the show of a raging racist like Joe Rogan.

There is a difference between racism and "ideological differences".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2020-democratic-presidential-primary-ot-bernies-running-hillarys-not-bloomberg-isnt-either-but-inslee-is.91234/page-230#post-18736502

when did joe rogan digivolve from problematic to full blown racist?

Well it's Era : he was always a full blown racist, "problematic" is just the temporary status you get until you can prove it.
Though to be fair Rogan doesn't exactly seems to be the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer.

(Serious answer : see riotous post).
ὕβρις

PogiJones

« Reply #1264 on: March 11, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
James, I made a reddit post that got 50,000 likes upvotes. Thought you'd want to know.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1265 on: March 11, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »

Also, the cg gopher.

That scene was worse than Indy surviving a nuclear blast in a refrigerator.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1266 on: March 11, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »

Also, the cg gopher.

No wonder Shia LaBeouf became a nutcase

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1267 on: March 11, 2019, 03:55:08 PM »
James, I made a reddit post that got 50,000 likes upvotes. Thought you'd want to know.
Can you buy Chinese and Russian reddit upvotes packs, on Ebay?

PogiJones

« Reply #1268 on: March 11, 2019, 03:55:45 PM »

PogiJones

« Reply #1269 on: March 11, 2019, 03:56:42 PM »
Can you buy Chinese and Russian reddit upvotes packs, on Ebay?

Maybe, but it's cheaper and easier to just use nostalgia bait.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1270 on: March 11, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »

:ego

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1271 on: March 11, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »
The CGI in Spider Man Homecoming was pretty pathetic as well. Isn't it just a case of Marvel not giving a shit about CG effects? Why waste money when the movies are aimed at manchildren who would go see it regardless?

What you ought to know is that the VFX inflation in current film has been dramatic. I don't have an exact figure but in Marvel films you can probably assume that half or 2/3 thirds of the shots, if not more, have had some VFX work. There's tons and tons of invisible stuff everywhere (like in Homecoming, Parker is in a deli or grocery corner shop, half of it -aisles, labels, decoration, props...- has been composited in post) on top of the most complex work, and the latter often requires an obscene amount of rotoscoping (which is very manhour intensive).

I don't think they really cheapen on VFX (aside from extorting the lowest prices from the contractors), it's just that expensive to get everything done in time to stay within their schedules. It's only the most complex work (animating lifeforms and humans, in short) that sometimes isn't up to par and that's expected really.
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1272 on: March 11, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »

Also, the cg gopher.

No wonder Shia LaBeouf became a nutcase

I'm gonna say it was more from spielberg molesting him.

agrajag

« Reply #1273 on: March 11, 2019, 04:05:30 PM »
Andrew Yang is so cool he will still send Cheebo his monthly Freedom Dividend check no matter how much shit Cheebo talks online.

:usacry :salute :mouf

Boredfrom

« Reply #1274 on: March 11, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »

What you ought to know is that the VFX inflation in current film has been dramatic. I don't have an exact figure but in Marvel films you can probably assume that half or 2/3 thirds of the shots, if not more, have had some VFX work. There's tons and tons of invisible stuff everywhere (like in Homecoming, Parker is in a deli or grocery corner shop, half of it -aisles, labels, decoration, props...- has been composited in post) on top of the most complex work, and the latter often requires an obscene amount of rotoscoping (which is very manhour intensive).

I don't think they really cheapen on VFX (aside from extorting the lowest prices from the contractors), it's just that expensive to get everything done in time to stay within their schedules. It's only the most complex work (animating lifeforms and humans, in short) that sometimes isn't up to par and that's expected really.

But you could argue that is the stuff is going to leave a lasting impression with viewers.

« Reply #1275 on: March 11, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
If despite the obscene budgets the finished product is a film that looks worse than movies that came out decade(s) ago, Hollywood should then follow the example of the rest of big American corporations and just utilize using slave labour to shoot the shots and do the stunt works abroad. No need to bother with insurance. Isn't that what cartoon animation companies are doing anyway? Hiring some dirt cheap Korean/Chinese studios who have their workers cooped up inside 24/7?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1276 on: March 11, 2019, 04:18:16 PM »

But you could argue that is the stuff is going to leave a lasting impression with viewers.

I think it's probably a more logical choice to have all the "mundane" VFX present in 75% of the film to be perfect at the expense at polishing to perfection the big ticket items than the contrary. Yeah sure when the money shots are a bit lackluster it can be jarring... But it's probably gonna look dated in three years anyway. Imagine watching a Marvel movie and half the movie having shitty compositing and keying in what you currently assume are "real", simple, mundane sets.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1277 on: March 11, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
If despite the obscene budgets the finished product is a film that looks worse than movies that came out decade(s) ago, Hollywood should then follow the example of the rest of big American corporations and just utilize using slave labour to shoot the shots and do the stunt works abroad. No need to bother with insurance. Isn't that what cartoon animation companies are doing anyway? Hiring some dirt cheap Korean/Chinese studios who have their workers cooped up inside 24/7?

The cameraman dressed as a car seat is so good. :heh
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1278 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:02 PM »

You could argue the VFX industry already does. Rotoscoping in India for instance.
ὕβρις

« Reply #1279 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:29 PM »

Is that from Raid Redemption 2? Genuinely one of the worst sequel I've seen. Turning a top tier martial arts flick into some stylish 'animu' style shit...  :goty2

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1280 on: March 11, 2019, 04:27:33 PM »
The worst thing in Black Panther wasnt the CGI, it was the horrendous green screen on the waterfall scenes.

It looked like the rear window of a car in an 80s sitcom

:O

james

« Reply #1281 on: March 11, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »

where is the link

:rage :rage :rage

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1282 on: March 11, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »
The cameraman dressed as a car seat is so good. :heh
I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out. :lol
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1283 on: March 11, 2019, 04:29:43 PM »
The worst thing in Black Panther wasnt the CGI, it was the horrendous green screen on the waterfall scenes.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1284 on: March 11, 2019, 04:30:29 PM »

I think it's probably a more logical choice to have all the "mundane" VFX present in 75% of the film to be perfect at the expense at polishing to perfection the big ticket items than the contrary. Yeah sure when the money shots are a bit lackluster it can be jarring... But it's probably gonna look dated in three years anyway. Imagine watching a Marvel movie and half the movie having shitty compositing and keying in what you currently assume are "real", simple, mundane sets.

Being fair, that BP fighting scene is going to become timeless for different reasons.

« Reply #1285 on: March 11, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »

Is that from Raid Redemption 2? Genuinely one of the worst sequel I've seen. Turning a top tier martial arts flick into some stylish 'animu' style shit...  :goty2

Oh, you're an idiot. Cool.
Raid Redemption was so good that you had shit like Judge Dredd outright ripping it off, what movie was influenced by the pos that was Raid 2? That Cambodian Jail Break movie that also happened to be trash?

james

« Reply #1286 on: March 11, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »
Speaking of Infinity War, my favorite moment is when they do this big NYC fight scene and could only afford to pay 12 extras to run by.

Once the initial group of extras run by, thats it, the entire city is empty.

agrajag

« Reply #1287 on: March 11, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »
I loved spawn, but:

:era

apparently most of their budget went towards the cape, which wasn't that great itself.

james

« Reply #1288 on: March 11, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »

That's from a movie from 1952  ::)

Thats Seinfeld you anti-Semite

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1289 on: March 11, 2019, 04:51:53 PM »
Speaking of Infinity War, my favorite moment is when they do this big NYC fight scene and could only afford to pay 12 extras to run by.

What's funny is that this one of those scenes were I was legit surprised at most of those streets being CG

james

« Reply #1290 on: March 11, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »

What's funny is that this one of those scenes were I was legit surprised at most of those streets being CG

Interesting video.

So you see the crowd run by when they leave the brownstone, but after second 43, thats it, not a single extra shows up on any scene moving forward

The train station fight scene was even emptier

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1291 on: March 11, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »

This is gaslighting right?

Like, actually for real.

"The CGI wasn't bad you're just alt-right"

I've never seen such a clear example of gas lighting.

Maybe what you thought was “honest criticism” wasn’t if you were being honest with yourself and that’s why you felt lumped in with trolls?

If you identify with the trolls so easily, maybe that’s a personal issue you can work on improving?

I’m really not sure why anyone is upset trolls are getting dunked on when they hijacked the conversation in the first place. If people could have enjoyed the marketing of these films without that bullshit, we wouldn’t be here

Maybe what you think isn't what you really think.  Have you considered that?

I'm basically the living embodiment of these alt-right gamergater comic book nerds. I'm a gay dude who hasn't seen any MCU movies (except for GotG) and primarily saw this because of the female lead and women-backed crew. And I had a really wonderful time watching this! Might go see it again just to really drive home the point.

To who? I'm sure the alt-right is totally gonna get pissed when they hear a gay man watched Captain Marvel a second time.  Trump might even tweet in anger about it.
sigh

PogiJones

james

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1294 on: March 11, 2019, 05:09:34 PM »

that's not funny.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1295 on: March 11, 2019, 05:12:39 PM »
also pogi threatened me in pm.

Ive alerted the authorities and michelle about online bullying but I figure demi should know.

PogiJones

« Reply #1296 on: March 11, 2019, 05:16:00 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:25:25 PM by PogiJones »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1297 on: March 11, 2019, 05:16:48 PM »
Alita: Battle Angel looked really good. Dunno if there were any bad spots [I'm bad at noticing stuff like that in the moment], but it definitely had some scenes that looked really spectacular. Wish it was out on Bluray already so I could post some scenes.
dog

PogiJones

« Reply #1298 on: March 11, 2019, 05:31:31 PM »

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #1299 on: March 11, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »
Alita: Battle Angel looked really good. Dunno if there were any bad spots [I'm bad at noticing stuff like that in the moment], but it definitely had some scenes that looked really spectacular. Wish it was out on Bluray already so I could post some scenes.

alita looked a little odd to me whenever she was walking alongside a human through the city streets in the middle of the day but like you, i don't spot that shit well either when i watch these films in the theater. so it was a bit odd for me when i spotted it

however, bad cgi is more apparent on television to me for some reason. maybe due to not being as engrossed in the film?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1300 on: March 11, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »
mental that roto is considered skilled labour and you can get well over $300+ a day doing it. there's more technical artistry in putting together a whopper.

BisMarckie

nudemacusers

« Reply #1302 on: March 11, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »
And yet, Ree won't even touch Coco Diaz for all the shit he says.

:thinking :thinking :thinking
Does anyone want to *touch* him tho :holeup
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #1303 on: March 11, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »

Averon

« Reply #1304 on: March 11, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
Quote from: Ichthyosaurus
Bernie isn't as savvy as AOC. I don't see him surviving so cleanly, and despite that the level of shit they've thrown at her is terrifying from a security and mental health viewpoint.

Watching them try to spin it as though Cortez is against Bernie is pretty weird.

"Savvy" seems like code for photogenic

Ichthyosaurus hopping on the AOC train is fucking rich coming from him. He spent the past 3-4 months in nearly every political thread aggressively concerning trolling about her. Him, like his buddy kirblar, loves to project this adult in the room/pragmatic/sensible persona who are trying to impart their political "wisdom" on the dumb masses on ERA.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #1305 on: March 11, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »

It's a direct response to the people who lost their minds because of the civilian casualites during the final fight in Man of Steel. Those 12 extras running by is shorthand for "the city is empty; it's safe to fight".
Oi Oi

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1306 on: March 11, 2019, 07:06:54 PM »

It's a direct response to the people who lost their minds because of the civilian casualites during the final fight in Man of Steel. Those 12 extras running by is shorthand for "the city is empty; it's safe to fight".
Highbudget version of this?

« Reply #1307 on: March 11, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8607128/mums-make-porn-kids-watch/
Mums Make Porn sees the women, who have teenage kids, create their own sex vid after being left horrified by the hardcore porn available online for free.
Sarah, 40, from North Wales was left in tears after watching rape-based born.
"Porn doesn’t represent normal women, the actors and actresses they use mislead kids. They need to realise it’s not normal.”

Another mum Sarah Louise, from Manchester, threw up after watching some graphic content, while another mum was so upset and disgusted she quit the programme.

The mums worked with industry experts and were given all the tools they needed to make the movie.

They were left completely in control – from writing and casting, to directing and editing their fully mum-approved pornographic film.

The porn film will be aired on in the final of the three-part show as they hold a viewing party for their family, friends – and most importantly, their kids.

This seem strangely like the type of project you'd imagine RE member talking about doing.

« Reply #1308 on: March 11, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »
"and most importantly, their kids."

Yeah I couldnt wank to it if they didnt make their kids watch.

james

« Reply #1309 on: March 11, 2019, 07:23:51 PM »
Isn't that the plot of zach and miri make a porno

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1310 on: March 11, 2019, 07:24:14 PM »
Mums Make Porn sees the women, who have teenage kids, create their own sex vid after being left horrified by the hardcore porn available online for free.
"Porn doesn’t represent normal women, the actors and actresses they use mislead kids. They need to realise it’s not normal.”

Another mum Sarah Louise, from Manchester, threw up after watching some graphic content, while another mum was so upset and disgusted she quit the programme.

The mums worked with industry experts and were given all the tools they needed to make the movie.

They were left completely in control – from writing and casting, to directing and editing their fully mum-approved pornographic film.

The porn film will be aired on in the final of the three-part show as they hold a viewing party for their family, friends – and most importantly, their kids.

This seem strangely like the type of project you'd imagine RE member talking about doing.

:dsp :dsp :dsp
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1311 on: March 11, 2019, 07:31:17 PM »

ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #1312 on: March 11, 2019, 07:39:39 PM »
"and most importantly, their kids."

Yeah I couldnt wank to it if they didnt make their kids watch.
Speak for yourself :rash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1313 on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:46 PM »
24 pages in less than 4 days. :doge
Hi

james

« Reply #1314 on: March 11, 2019, 07:42:46 PM »

#freekirblar

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1316 on: March 11, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
https://resetera.com//threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-official-launch-trailer.104636/post-18725029

User Warned: Inappropriate Language. This is not an acceptable abbreviation to use.

Quote from: dimasok
Quote from: rude
The English VA is really wack and completely unfitting
Is there jap VA?

Yea shitbird, Voice Actor excludes women, use the gender neutral form Voice Talent next time.  :doge

« Reply #1318 on: March 11, 2019, 08:17:17 PM »
In Cream's absence we've got to try and fill this thread with at least 5+ pages of non RE related posts a day, just to see how long it would take for Pogi to break down.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #1319 on: March 11, 2019, 08:17:43 PM »
Jap is a word weeaboos use to police their own community.
Oi Oi