Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3853191 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #41580 on: August 29, 2019, 01:26:43 PM »
He needs to do a ProjaredAndySignore and shut up and wait for some months while building a defense. Doing a Vic is the worse advice he can get right now.

I will say projared having an actual screenshot of himself asking ARE YOU 18 and the other person says YES OF COURSE LOL is probably something he should've whipped out :doge immediately when the accusations dropped

it's more compelling to present this all at once but jesus that's kind of an important detail
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #41581 on: August 29, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
So what's your stance on this Alec Holowka and Zoe Quinn thing? The devs from Night in the Woods have already ceased to work with Alec saying they believe Quinn's tale. Because right now it's all a one-sided story that obviously paints him in a bad light, but we've seen factual information about the lack of morality when it comes to... certain stuff from Zoe (which doesn't mean we should enable the GG narrative, but we shouldn't sweep it under the rug as if it didn't exist).

Now the thing is, a guy is actively being demonized by someone in a position of a magnitude of 10 times the social media outreach, and is weaponizing it to tell her story in hopes of, possibly, being in the spotlight again. A spotlight that surely creates haters, but generates way more net income and benefits. I like the established narrative of calling him "a legend", like if he was the Weinstein of fucking gaming. All that while she has 123k followers in comparison to the 10k Alec has.

I just hope that in this case if the whole story (or at least the relevant parts) is not true, Alec puts Zoe on trial for a huge lump sum which stops this free of consequences target drawing she's so good at. And I'm talking suing for 6 figures. Well she and any other person that does it. A recent example is the proJared case.

Corroboration by others who were communicating with Zoe at the time and accusations of misconduct against Alec by others before Zoe seem to indicate that she's likely telling the truth about her experiences, also the timeline matches up and she'd have little reason to lie at this point.

This is information I was missing, could I get any links?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/481510/Night_in_the_Woods/

Man, fuck this trend of review bombing to air your grievances... I hate this timeline.

This is actually one of the few instances where I see validity to it. 3 dev team, they disassociate from one throwing him overboard based on... no tangible proof afaik. So some people don't want to support the two remaining devs that took this path to protect the IP over their colleague. Still, it's petty.

Nope. Just don't buy the fucking game. Or if you have then don't buy future games. If you feel the need to review bomb with shit like this, you're a pathetic turd and should have your review rights on the platform revoked.

daemon

« Reply #41582 on: August 29, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »
He needs to do a ProjaredAndySignore and shut up and wait for some months while building a defense. Doing a Vic is the worse advice he can get right now.

I will say projared having an actual screenshot of himself asking ARE YOU 18 and the other person says YES OF COURSE LOL is probably something he should've whipped out :doge immediately when the accusations dropped

It sounds like it, but nothing stops a hate wave on its apex. not even proof.

Nope. Just don't buy the fucking game. Or if you have then don't buy future games. If you feel the need to review bomb with shit like this, you're a pathetic turd and should have your review rights on the platform revoked.

I mean, sure. But it's not like it's an orchestrated attack. What are there, like a handful of negatives based on this issue? But yeah, they're certainly not using it as intended and review rights should be revoked if they keep doing stuff like that. Delete the review as it's not really a game review.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:32:14 PM by daemon »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #41583 on: August 29, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »

It sounds like it, but nothing stops a hate wave on its apex. not even proof.

Woke twitter/reee HATE uncancelling people. They pretty much refuse to do it.

Averon

« Reply #41584 on: August 29, 2019, 01:31:46 PM »
Anything he says now will be twisted, misconstrued, or taken in the worst possible light. They WANT to believe the accusation against him. No amount of proof he can provide to the contrary will get them off their hate train. The ProJared thread that was locked is a testament to that.

marrec

« Reply #41585 on: August 29, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »
So what's your stance on this Alec Holowka and Zoe Quinn thing? The devs from Night in the Woods have already ceased to work with Alec saying they believe Quinn's tale. Because right now it's all a one-sided story that obviously paints him in a bad light, but we've seen factual information about the lack of morality when it comes to... certain stuff from Zoe (which doesn't mean we should enable the GG narrative, but we shouldn't sweep it under the rug as if it didn't exist).

Now the thing is, a guy is actively being demonized by someone in a position of a magnitude of 10 times the social media outreach, and is weaponizing it to tell her story in hopes of, possibly, being in the spotlight again. A spotlight that surely creates haters, but generates way more net income and benefits. I like the established narrative of calling him "a legend", like if he was the Weinstein of fucking gaming. All that while she has 123k followers in comparison to the 10k Alec has.

I just hope that in this case if the whole story (or at least the relevant parts) is not true, Alec puts Zoe on trial for a huge lump sum which stops this free of consequences target drawing she's so good at. And I'm talking suing for 6 figures. Well she and any other person that does it. A recent example is the proJared case.

Corroboration by others who were communicating with Zoe at the time and accusations of misconduct against Alec by others before Zoe seem to indicate that she's likely telling the truth about her experiences, also the timeline matches up and she'd have little reason to lie at this point.

This is information I was missing, could I get any links?

Let me dig some up, it was all tweets that are long gone but I'm sure someone's collected them all.

https://twitter.com/MattThorson/status/1166804301391360000

https://twitter.com/KaiClavier/status/1166832062080397313

https://twitter.com/SMBeiko/status/1166703563126398976

https://twitter.com/soft_rumpus/status/1166808228614701056

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1166380600057425920

https://twitter.com/dannyBstyle/status/1166516194322468864

https://twitter.com/soft_rumpus/status/1166808228614701056

Just a few minutes of searching, DannyB's testimony is important here.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #41586 on: August 29, 2019, 01:36:38 PM »
Haven't there been already some corroborating remarks by other people about this specific case ? I'm honestly not sure because I blanked on the details already, too many cases and I'm not so invested I'll make an effort to remember it.

The more claims made by reputable -conceivably identifiable- people, the less reasonable it gets to be overly skeptical. It's a little unfair to single account accusations, but it is what it is.

I think armchair psychology & speculating on possible motives and rationales of what is essentially strangers is a bit of a fool's errand unless you have really solid ground for that. Why someone decided to bring some testimony up now and not X ago or what would compel them to cook up a lie is generally not entirely rational.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:46:52 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

stufte

« Reply #41587 on: August 29, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »
At this point you can accuse anyone you want that you've had even the remotest of contact with and ruin their lives. It apparently doesn't even need any real evidence, just a tweet with some vague facts.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #41588 on: August 29, 2019, 01:36:56 PM »
They may have sniped down a thread earlier, but boogie called his haters "worse than Nazis and rapists...because at least they do something they believe in"
https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1166930770310705152
 :dead :rofl :rofl :dead

Hold up, what believes are rapists supposed to stand for  :lol
have you ever seen that old hentai with rapeman? A rape superhentaivillain takes pride in their correct application of rape.

He's a real stickler for rape.

marrec

« Reply #41589 on: August 29, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »
Also the "industry legend" stuff with Alec is accurate, he's been influential in indie gaming for over a decade despite not having identifiable or successful game releases attached to his name until recently.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41590 on: August 29, 2019, 01:42:47 PM »
Speak with your fucking chest

:lol

stufte

« Reply #41591 on: August 29, 2019, 01:43:04 PM »
Also the "industry legend" stuff with Alec is accurate, he's been influential in indie gaming for over a decade despite not having identifiable or successful game releases attached to his name until recently.

I'm sure he's a scumbag. I just don't believe Zoe Quinn.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41592 on: August 29, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
He's just a guy that talks.... not really a source for anything to do with news.

:confused

news stories are regularly derived from people talking in an interview

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #41593 on: August 29, 2019, 01:44:45 PM »
So what's your stance on this Alec Holowka and Zoe Quinn thing? The devs from [...]

:no1curr

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #41594 on: August 29, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »

Meh. Would be slighty less peeved by it without the "he demanded other industry legends to blackmail me". But stopping at that is a bit like worrying about if the silverware has been properly polished while the Titanic is sinking.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41595 on: August 29, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »
Haven't there been already some corroborating remarks by other people about this specific case ? I'm honestly not sure because I blanked on the details already, too many cases and I'm not so invested I'll make an effort to remember it.

The more claims made by reputable -conceivably identifiable- people, the less reasonable it gets to be overly skeptical. It's a little unfair to single account accusations, but it is what it is.

I think armchair psychology & speculating on possible motives and rationales of what is essentially strangers is a bit of a fool's errand unless you have really solid ground for that. Why someone decided to bring some testimony up now and not X ago or what would compel them to cook up a lie is generally not entirely rational.

the problem with this kind of scenario of anonymous non-specific accusations is people chiming in with "oh yea, I heard some stuff" comments; you have no way of knowing if multiple people are all citing the same accusation independently, and using other peoples second hand knowledge as corroroborative evidence.

In this specific example, I have no idea what the actual story is, and I'm not going to side with either of them until at the very least a response has been issued, or a corroborating first hand account emerges.

stufte

« Reply #41596 on: August 29, 2019, 02:00:07 PM »
I can neither confirm nor deny Alex Whateverhisnameis touched me inappropriately in an unconfirmed location.

I mean, he was probably at your house. Drugs and alcohol were involved. Tweet about it!

NekoFever

« Reply #41597 on: August 29, 2019, 02:03:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-carmack-interview-on-joe-rogan-experience.137973/

alt right gaming side never learns :wag

Crazy idea here, but maybe if the moderators would start, you know, moderating the dipshits who derail threads all the time, there wouldn’t be so much “low quality discussion” going on and people could talk about what an industry icon like John Carmack has to say.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #41598 on: August 29, 2019, 02:05:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-carmack-interview-on-joe-rogan-experience.137973/

alt right gaming side never learns :wag

Crazy idea here, but maybe if the moderators would start, you know, moderating the dipshits who derail threads all the time, there wouldn’t be so much “low quality discussion” going on and people could talk about what an industry icon like John Carmack has to say.

But why? No one should listen to what Carmack has to say, he's obviously problematic, as demonstrated by him going on Rogan's podcast.

#cancelled

daemon

« Reply #41599 on: August 29, 2019, 02:05:59 PM »

He's legendary and no one is really doubtful, teams cut ties, there's secrecy involving his evil deeds (a mastermind) and people who live with him are shocked but not surprised. That makes sense. You see, I have a sociopath aunt. I know what lies she's perpetrated through the years and how much she's been able to convince people with zero proof. Some people are just like that. Remember she became what she is now due to a couple posts of a wizard imageboard. Wow, two people said mean things-> "this is what the male fantasy looks like meme"

But let me ask you then: Why are you believing tweets that offer barely anything but "impressions" and hearsay? Did you believe zoe's bf chat logs (actual tangible information unless doctored). I believe the words used by certain forum board back in the day were "vengeful" and "misogynistic" referring to them. Aiming the downspout of your hysterical fanbase towards one person because you saw how effective it was when someone else did it... eh.

Can we all agree that some people do not have any judgement and just move with the current, like jellyfish? I just hope you're never resetera'd in real life.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:15:35 PM by daemon »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41600 on: August 29, 2019, 02:09:56 PM »
I can neither confirm nor deny Alex Whateverhisnameis touched me inappropriately in an unconfirmed location.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41601 on: August 29, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »
Edit nvm

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #41602 on: August 29, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
I guess I should have said "The more separate claims made by reputable -conceivably identifiable- people" because that's implicitly what I meant. It goes without saying that first hand is stronger than second hand, named than anonymous and so on and so forth.

It's an hugely flawed method rife with potential for mob justice and all the attached problems, no disagreement here... But it exists, warts and all, for a reason. Internal policing (by companies, institutions...) and private arbitration have its set of issues and even setting aside many of the endemic issues encountered in courts around the world, it's a practical reality that not everyone can just lawyer up at all times.

TLDR : Justice-by-Twitter is very suboptimal, but expect it to be a mainstay in everyone's lives for the foreseeable future.
ὕβρις

marrec

« Reply #41603 on: August 29, 2019, 02:18:03 PM »

He's legendary and no one is really doubtful, teams cut ties, there's secrecy involving his evil deeds (a mastermind) and people who live with him are shocked but not surprised. That makes sense. You see, I have a sociopath aunt. I know what lies she's perpetrated through the years and how much she's been able to convince people with zero proof. Some people are just like that. Remember she became what she is now due to a couple posts of a wizard imageboard. Wow, two people said mean things-> "this is what the male fantasy looks like meme"

But let me ask you then: Why are you believing tweets that offer barely anything but "impressions" and hearsay? Did you believe zoe's bf chat logs (actual tangible information unless doctored). I believe the words used by certain forum board back in the day were "vengeful" and "misogynistic" referring to them. Aiming the downspout of your hysterical fanbase towards one person because you saw how effective it was when someone else did it... eh.

Can we all agree that some people do not have any judgement and just move with the current, like jellyfish? I just hope you're never resetera'd in real life.

I honestly don't think I have to dredge of memories of "zoe's bf" (it's hilarious that this is his legacy), her accusation seems credible and has been backed up by DannyB and others. Also, abusers tend to gravitate toward each other, something to do with recognizing vulnerability and codependency in each other. I'm sure Zoe's got a whole book full of bad relationships she's been abusive in and been abused in.

Alec should of course get his change to respond, but is it REALLY so hard to believe that some posing industry fuckboi abused a young Zoe Quinn?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41604 on: August 29, 2019, 02:19:49 PM »
who tf are any of those people

marrec

« Reply #41605 on: August 29, 2019, 02:21:48 PM »
look at me I'm nachobro I don't know who legendary industry composer Alec Holodeck is durr durr

daemon

« Reply #41606 on: August 29, 2019, 02:22:01 PM »
I guess I should have said "The more separate claims made by reputable -conceivably identifiable- people" because that's implicitly what I meant (it goes without saying that first hand is stronger than second hand and so on and so forth.

It's an hugely flawed method rife with potential for mob justice and all the attached problems, no disagreement here... But it exists, warts and all, for a reason. Internal policing (by companies, institutions...) and private arbitration have its set of issues and even setting aside many of the endemic issues encountered in courts around the world, it's a practical reality that not everyone can just lawyer up at all times.

The thing is, society is telling us the following over and over:

Since there is no proof either way, and prosecution rarely happens on slander and libel because you're just airing your grievances and it was the collective mob that decided to partake in such a way trying to destroy the individual, it's essentially a win-win situation for the accuser. If we got some trials over these scenarios condemning the accuser to pay a huge amount, we'd see it a lot less. But then we'd have campaigns asking to change the law, because god forbid that destroying someone's life with baseless accusations...

Here I need to make a parenthesis.

Accusations can be baseless and real. but reality is empirical, and human emotions and interactions are not. Subjective points of view don't equal reality. Omission of key elements always happen when someone tells a story. They are NEVER at fault. They never cause anything. It's always the other party. So if reality of a human interaction is subjective, the only thing that can help us determine objectivity is proof. And when there's no proof, you can't validate that your "truth" is an objective one.

PS: Marrec, the only thing DannyB is saying is that he believes Zoe because she told him back in the day and she's a wonderful person. How is that proof of anything but bias towards the person launching the accusation. He has the same proof we have: A new tale from Zoe Quinn

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41607 on: August 29, 2019, 02:22:31 PM »
compose deez nutz

daemon

« Reply #41608 on: August 29, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »
:piss(Image removed from quote.):piss2

I was fine with you peeing on that list until I saw castle crashers. /draws sword.

Btw I only asked about this whole situation because I don't feel I have a radical point of view, nor a boogie both sides stuff. I just need proof. Some validity. Anything other than hearsay based stuff about a person. A hearsay that might've been induced by ZQ herself since dannyB knew, and probably others too. "Avoid this guy" some say, without giving any details as to why. Years later, you reap the rewards.

marrec

« Reply #41609 on: August 29, 2019, 02:26:49 PM »
PS: Marrec, the only thing DannyB is saying is that he believes Zoe because she told him back in the day and she's a wonderful person. How is that proof of anything but bias towards the person launching the accusation. He has the same proof we have: A new tale from Zoe Quinn

An excess of circumstantial evidence is powerful, DannyB claims that Zoe told him the tale shortly after it happened, which would mean that:

a) The story hasn't changed much over the years

b) She was telling people privately before she told people publicly

because

c) She was afraid to go public before she had more industry clout

Unless you think Danny's lying, which... why?

This along with other testimonials of Alec's behavior and character don't look very good for his case in the court of public opinion.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:32:09 PM by marrec »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41610 on: August 29, 2019, 02:27:02 PM »
I'm conflicted.

One on side Zoe and Sarkeesian have reached the end of their grift because who knew being assholes to everyone and not talking to game developers at Game Development Conferences is not good for your business and networking.  :trumps

On the other side there are tons of pretentious indie game developers  :idont
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41611 on: August 29, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »
TLDR : Justice-by-Twitter is very suboptimal, but expect it to be a mainstay in everyone's lives for the foreseeable future.

Until some millennial makes the youtube equivalent of The Scarlet Letter or The Crucible I guess :idont

e: or some poor cunt tops himself I suppose
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:32:14 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41612 on: August 29, 2019, 02:27:21 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41613 on: August 29, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »
well there's only one thing to be said

that dude rules :smug

daemon

« Reply #41614 on: August 29, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »

A excess of circumstantial evidence is powerful, DannyB claims that Zoe told him the tale shortly after it happened, which would mean that:

because

This along with other testimonials of Alec's behavior and character don't look very good for his case in the court of public opinion.

Because of this I edited in the last post:

"Btw I only asked about this whole situation because I don't feel I have a radical point of view, nor a boogie both sides stuff. I just need proof. Some validity. Anything other than hearsay based stuff about a person. A hearsay that might've been induced by ZQ herself since dannyB knew, and probably others too. "Avoid this guy" some say, without giving any details as to why. Years later, you reap the rewards."

You can plant a seed of mistrust. There's only one account that tweets that he asked for sex victim style. ZQ tells you a story, tells others a story privately. That story permeates certain circles without names being given. Fast forward and people are making claims such as "avoid relations with this guy", but no names behind it. It really correlates as a campaign of mistrust at the tipping point. The reasons for doing it now? Escapes me. I don't live in her brain.

PS: Did you know that a couple sentences about someone before you meet him/her are enough to condition your response to his/her actions, mannerisms, ideas, etc?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:36:54 PM by daemon »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41615 on: August 29, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
The venn diagram of people who claim to be indie game developers and those that actually ship games intersects at bad relationships  :teehee
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #41616 on: August 29, 2019, 02:33:24 PM »
Accusers also get their faire share of vitriol and harassment (that renewed Michael Jackson controversy, for instance) and are also taking the risk of burning bridges.
ὕβρις

daemon

« Reply #41617 on: August 29, 2019, 02:34:36 PM »
Accusers also get their faire share of vitriol and harassment (that renewed Michael Jackson controversy, for instance) and are also taking the risk of burning bridges.

Yes, claiming it over someone that was acquitted of charges and changing stories with the support MJ had is entirely different than this game development legend I never heard about. In this case the accuser has more actual social power than the accused. It's quite fascinating.

EightBitNate

« Reply #41618 on: August 29, 2019, 02:35:02 PM »
stufte annihilated

marrec

« Reply #41619 on: August 29, 2019, 02:36:43 PM »

A excess of circumstantial evidence is powerful, DannyB claims that Zoe told him the tale shortly after it happened, which would mean that:

because

"Btw I only asked about this whole situation because I don't feel I have a radical point of view, nor a boogie both sides stuff. I just need proof. Some validity. Anything other than hearsay based stuff about a person. A hearsay that might've been induced by ZQ herself since dannyB knew, and probably others too. "Avoid this guy" some say, without giving any details as to why. Years later, you reap the rewards."

You can plant a seed of mistrust. There's only one account that tweets that he asked for sex victim style. ZQ tells you a story, tells others a story privately. That story permeates certain circles without names being given. Fast forward and people are making claims such as "avoid relations with this guy", but no names behind it. It really correlates as a campaign of mistrust at the tipping point. The reasons for doing it now? Escapes me. I don't live in her brain.

I suppose it's possible that Zoe started this rumor as some kind of Burn Notice for Alec's career but... again, why? Revenge for a bad relationship? She's a sociopath who just wants to hurt people? Why now? Because Jeremy Soule was also accused?

I dunno, all that doesn't make as much sense as some weepy emo Canadian indie dev/composer being a certified pervert abuser that Zoe shacked up with because she has horrible taste in men.

stufte

« Reply #41620 on: August 29, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »

marrec

« Reply #41621 on: August 29, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »

Yes, claiming it over someone that was acquitted of charges and changing stories with the support MJ had is entirely different than this game development legend I never heard about. In this case the accuser has more actual social power than the accused. It's quite fascinating.

Ehhh... again just because Zoe's got more followers on Twitter doesn't mean she has more social power. Alec is extremely influential and well connected.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41622 on: August 29, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »
unless riotous' rapist friend is secretly demi i don't believe this story. that broad is a hog and a half :yuck

marrec

« Reply #41623 on: August 29, 2019, 02:43:26 PM »
Complaining about EGS is the conversational equivalent of LARPing in a public park.

You're free to do it but we're all going to judge you for the virgins you are.

daemon

« Reply #41624 on: August 29, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »

because

I suppose it's possible that Zoe started this rumor as some kind of Burn Notice for Alec's career but... again, why? Revenge for a bad relationship? She's a sociopath who just wants to hurt people? Why now? Because Jeremy Soule was also accused?

I dunno, all that doesn't make as much sense as some weepy emo Canadian indie dev/composer being a certified pervert abuser that Zoe shacked up with because she has horrible taste in men.

In social media, the preemtive attack always deals critical damage. As you can see, suggestions, hearsay are enough to determine what that person is like. and it all boils down to this:

"Did you know that a couple sentences about someone before you meet him/her are enough to condition your response to his/her actions, mannerisms, ideas, etc?"

Your response, much like everyone else who didn't personally know him or never interacted with him, is based on prejudice.

You know who's been caught being an immoral and abusive piece of shit (reciprocal abuse with eron, of course)? Yes, ZQ. But that's never the case, because it's compelling to "punch up", right?

Again, if proof arises and he's a piece of shit i'll say it loud and clear. For now, the side effects of a career destruction are already there and all of that without proof. I hope you can understand how that vexes me as a creator.

Ehhh... again just because Zoe's got more followers on Twitter doesn't mean she has more social power. Alec is extremely influential and well connected.

I think you need a lesson in propaganda. The X is a pedophile argument has been used by catholics and soviets alike. the idea is that you leave the accused in an impossible to be defended position. Side with that person, you're the same as him. The idea is to do character assassination so the impact only comes from one side. Even if you knew, respected and liked working with Alec, you wouldn't touch this issue even with oven mitts.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:50:04 PM by daemon »

marrec

« Reply #41625 on: August 29, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »
Download Celeste for free on EGS today

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41626 on: August 29, 2019, 02:47:11 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41627 on: August 29, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »

Okay
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #41628 on: August 29, 2019, 02:49:38 PM »
:piss Kirsten Gillibrand :piss2
:O

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #41629 on: August 29, 2019, 02:51:21 PM »

I think it's a bit foolhardy to think that because she's a bigger Internet celebrity, she has more social power. It may or may not be true, not sure it maps 1:1.

Really at the end of day, what did Zoe Quinn get out of her Nefarious Master Plan ? According to the most bitter critics and to indulge for a minute the most hateful narrative : some good reviews for her first game, a handful of gigs, a bunch of canceled projets and some D-grade money grifting.

:yeshrug
ὕβρις

marrec

« Reply #41630 on: August 29, 2019, 02:51:45 PM »

Okay

tyvm Joe because of this Epic will pay me today

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #41631 on: August 29, 2019, 02:52:17 PM »
Are Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu the same person or am I thinking of someone else
:O

PogiJones

« Reply #41632 on: August 29, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »
:piss Indie Games :piss2

:ohyeah Indie games

:nope Indie developers

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:ohyeah Stufte
[close]

daemon

« Reply #41633 on: August 29, 2019, 02:55:15 PM »

I think it's a bit foolhardy to think that because she's a bigger Internet celebrity, she has more social power.

Really at the end of day, why did Zoe Quinn get out of her Nefarious Master Plan ? According to the most bitter critics and to indulge for a minute the most hateful narrative : some good reviews for her first game, a handful of gigs, a bunch of canceled projets and some D-grade money grifting.

Book deals, being on the UN (that was quite the LOL, in davie504's voice). Generally speaking, create a network based on a victim status, not actual professional behavior. How is she ever going to live when all that fades like a distant dream and she's no longer a subject of public sympathy. This is why reigniting the flame is so convenient. As you said, the benefits weren't as great, but generally people accepted her point of view: why wouldn't that happen again?

Remember that sheer social pressure has turned companies upside down, affecting even their stock value... for a tweet.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41634 on: August 29, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
:bow Indy Games :bow2

©@©™

Coffee Dog

« Reply #41635 on: August 29, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »

Influential among who though? Zoe Quinn is actually able to cash in on her name (see her comic book, her kickstarter, etc), this dude made a shithouse walking sim that everyone forgot about the moment it released. The only people he's connected to are other indie game nobodies that Zoe firmly has a leg up on.

I believe Zoe but she is astronomically more connected and influential than this nobody. Getting twitter mobbed by her is the most we're ever gonna hear this dude's name.

EightBitNate

« Reply #41636 on: August 29, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »
Every indie game is either a Metroidvania or a roguelike nowadays

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #41637 on: August 29, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »
Really at the end of day, what did Zoe Quinn get out of her Nefarious Master Plan ? According to the most bitter critics and to indulge for a minute the most hateful narrative : some good reviews for her first game, a handful of gigs, a bunch of canceled projets and some D-grade money grifting.

You're right, but that same logical test also applies to every other false accusation thats ever happened; why would they do that? what would they get out of it? would someone really do that just for money and/or attention?

daemon

« Reply #41638 on: August 29, 2019, 03:01:18 PM »

You're right, but that same logical test also applies to every other false accusation thats ever happened; why would they do that? what would they get out of it? would someone really do that just for money and/or attention?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41639 on: August 29, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
ど助平