Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1312793 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Re: It Was All Good Just a Week Ago: International Politics Thread
« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »
Fantastic. :beli

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
Why can't we just have peace  :-\
Fucking extremists on both sides
That's loser talk. And weak leadership.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »
Palestinians need some veteran leadership to teach them how to play the right way.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #664 on: July 24, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/ostadjaan/status/492428125045669888/photo/1

I bet the middle of that demonstration would be a good place to hide some missiles, nawhatmean?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #665 on: July 24, 2014, 07:32:58 PM »
Palestinians need some veteran leadership to teach them how to play the right way.
Larry Brown did just lose his star recruit to an overseas team...

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #666 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
"Because John Kerry showed up in Israel, gave $47 million to Hamas in Gaza..."

Oh god , this is almost the same as that 3.1 BILLION that Israel - weakest president on Israel had no problem pushing through 3.1 bigones through the budget process it would appear. Don't recall anyone calling him weak on Israel back then

What would GOPpers have him do? Join in the bombing? Laugh at dead kids? People man... fucking people.
O=X

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #667 on: July 24, 2014, 09:43:17 PM »
=/

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #668 on: July 24, 2014, 10:17:06 PM »
We really shouldn't be sending any money to Israel.
dog

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #669 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:39 PM »
How is it possible that Israel is safe enough for tourists flying in but dangerous enough that hundreds of civilians need to be blown away to preserve their security

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #670 on: July 24, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
How is it possible that Israel is safe enough for tourists flying in but dangerous enough that hundreds of civilians need to be blown away to preserve their security

There's a #thedualities post to be made in response to this, but I can't make it.

Himu

« Reply #671 on: July 24, 2014, 11:14:42 PM »

Good lord, I wish I could like this post twice.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #672 on: July 24, 2014, 11:16:56 PM »
supporting this POS country with my tax dollars :tocry

This is surely going to result in my south pacific cousins calling me up in a week or two on some "how can you live in a country that backs such terrible garbage, and is hypocritical at every turn when another country does it" :fbm

#thedualities (Image removed from quote.)

I said the same thing on twitter a second ago. You beat me to it, I see.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #673 on: July 24, 2014, 11:50:43 PM »

Good lord, I wish I could like this post twice.

I saw a commercial on Fox News recently that was urging people to donate money to send care packages to Israel. :goty
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #674 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:59 AM »
Yeah, this was on the news yesterday. There are heaps of foods in Japanese supermarkets which are imported from China. They are overwhelmingly less expensive than the Japanese-farmed versions of the same item. Chinese garlic, for one, is 1/4th the price of Japanese garlic. But Chinese food is suspect in Japan, fairly or not. This article reinforces for me that it's not an unfair assessment.
I've been reading Chinasmack.com for a while and the translated comments from Chinese netizens seem to suggest that they too are keenly aware of the lack of food safety. I went to see if they covered this story and found one more food scandal on the front page. :lol

http://www.chinasmack.com/2014/stories/expired-moldy-bread-given-to-hainan-typhoon-disaster-victims.html

http://www.chinasmack.com/2014/videos/mcdonalds-kfc-meat-supplier-exposed-reusing-expired-meat.html
Chinese people’s bodies are already immune to all poisons/toxins!

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #675 on: July 25, 2014, 03:05:30 AM »
man, the fun thing about the digital age is how funny some of the bullshit is.

Israel recon couldn't tell 4 boys playing on a beach weren't terrorists - but they are able to tell that a hospital has no people in it before they bombed it because a rocket was fired from it.

Couple of problems here :

1) bullshit - no way to know
2) I thought Hamas were firing from civilian areas to stop reprisals .... but now the hospitals are empty! Oh i see
and last but not least
3) damn, looks like there were people in there... Hamas at blame again for the death of their children.

Seriously run out of patience on all this - any dissenting voice is ANTISEMITISM and the top of bottom is that the Israel side KNOW by tacit admission that the are killing women, children etc via the "well, Hamas are hiding out there" - the idea that they give people a heads up looks in stark contrast to the reports coming out of the area. Ultimately the parroting of "Hamas are hiding amongst the civilians" is somehow some green light to just shell the bejebus out of everything and if kids/whoever die? #shrug #hamas !

The rest of the world has no balls - the top and bottom of it is that no one wants to get involved unless it's a big country going to smash a small country.
And to top it all - "Qatar should be stripped of the World Cup because they fund Hamas" ....

Do one.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:07:10 AM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #676 on: July 25, 2014, 03:08:51 AM »
I'm most annoyed by how coy news media are about calling them on this bullshit. There's always a hint of critique, but they make sure to end with some permutation of "well, if Hamas would just...".

DCharlieJP

• Icon
« Reply #677 on: July 25, 2014, 03:24:02 AM »
yes, Israel wants a cease fire (with terms that let them stay in Gaza and host of other perks) but Hamas don't want it (Because the situation for their side doesn't change - infact, it gets worse!)

O=X

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #678 on: July 25, 2014, 08:27:55 AM »
It's pretty darn obvious that ultimately Israel will win, rewrite history, while the rest of the world does nothing.
Israel might as well level Gaza and be done with it, instead of cruelly prolonging these land grabs and giving the palestinians & their supporters false hope.
<コ:彡

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #679 on: July 25, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
Whoops.

benjipwns

« Reply #680 on: July 25, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
Dangerous talk. How about we just send more to everybody?

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #681 on: July 26, 2014, 07:57:38 AM »
Also, this is awesome:

Israel has announced it will pay university students to circulate pro-Israeli information on social media networks, without having to identify themselves as working for the government.

The move was publicised in a statement from Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office, the Associated Press reported. Students will receive scholarships to "engage international audiences online" and combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel, it was alleged.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/14/israel-pay-students-propaganda_n_3755782.html

I would probably take their money  :-\
<コ:彡

Himu

IYKYK

« Reply #683 on: July 26, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »
can't believe i missed this:

Israeli soldiers claimed to be using only rubber bullets, but multiple time stamped camera angles and a recovery of the bullet used in the killing says otherwise.  ~whoops~

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #684 on: July 26, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
I would probably take their money  :-\

One of the dumb personality questions on the dating site I use asks if you would be willing to work a year in a country that's an unfriendly international relation of the United States for $ 400,000 of tax free income.

Easiest question to answer in my life.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'd do that shit for $ 250,000 of taxable income.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #685 on: July 26, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »
How good or consistent does the work have to be for this Israel thing?

Do they need references, because unfortunately I don't have any evidence I can present them of parroting talking points or arguments I don't believe.

Kara

« Reply #686 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
How good or consistent does the work have to be for this Israel thing?

Are you really going to try and hock shoddy work off on the Tribe? :gurl

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #687 on: July 27, 2014, 12:13:58 PM »
Kinda speaks volumes of the ineptitude, or just a complete lack of caring, of the people that Bush surrounded himself with. And also that the Obama administration didn't want to put in the time, effort, money, and blood that it would take to "fix" the problems left behind, which I can kinda tip my hat to because continuing to throw more soldiers down that well comes across as someone who got scammed but keeps paying more money in the hope that somehow, someway they finally get all of it back.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #688 on: July 27, 2014, 12:39:35 PM »
It's amazing to me that the US could fail so spectacularly in Afghanistan, especially with such a wealth of information available about other superpowers that have operated there and our own lessons from Vietnam still fresh on the minds of many living veterans and academics.

For me it's the opposite, since the overriding lesson of those past conflicts seems to be "lol good luck with that buddy."

Kara

« Reply #689 on: July 27, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
Maybe imperialism is always doomed to fail.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #690 on: July 27, 2014, 03:13:57 PM »
Maybe imperialism is always doomed to fail. (Image removed from quote.)

Maybe we just need to give it a few dozen more shots.
©@©™

Kara

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #693 on: July 28, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »
"If you let us bomb 'em over here, you don't have to worry about them immigrating to your free-thinking, post-racial European cities over there."
©@©™

« Reply #694 on: July 28, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
the next battleground between israel and gaza takes place in this one direction dude's twitter

https://twitter.com/zaynmalik/status/493554275071836160

fangirls annihilated

« Reply #695 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »
Israel Leadership Event

http://www.politico.com/livestream/

5 seconds after tuning and I'm already hearing the usual memes.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
Re: How Do I Shot Drone? : International Politics Thread
« Reply #696 on: July 28, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »
ISIS baby

oh dear I just reached the end and this one has video of all those mass executions at the end.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:30:33 PM by Broseidon »
bent

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #697 on: July 28, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
Who you gonna believe, an official IDF tweet or an antisemitic NBC reporter?
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #698 on: July 28, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
Well, according to one US Senator [hint: it's Lindsey Graham], suggesting that Israel might have committed war crimes is anti-semitism:

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/sen-lindsey-graham-accusses-un-becoming

Oh, and bomb Iran:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/23/rep-louie-gohmert-israels-invasion-of-gaza-means-it-is-time-to-bomb-iran/
dog

« Reply #699 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
Jesus Christ, I wish I could unwatch that. :-\

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2014, 06:27:07 PM »
No I don't think there's anything more to the video besides glorifying the violence (non-Arab speaker though). Most videos of modern combat are shot on cell phones or by journalists, which if you're a little sociopath might have gotten boring by now. These are well-edited and extremely stylized to give a certain bias and to also make them more entertaining. It's not until 13 minutes in when they start blowing  up Shia mosques that you start to get into any of their differences of opinions and whatever, but the whole video is basically killing heretics and destroying their holy sites. I don't think there's any sort of sophisticated message or anything.

At the end you see them forcing crying prisoners to swear allegiance at gunpoint before mass slaughtering them. I don't think they're appealing to young men who actually want to fix the country but just those who want to  destroy a bunch of shit because it looks cool.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #701 on: July 28, 2014, 06:33:27 PM »
Jesus Christ, I wish I could unwatch that. :-\
Seriously. Don't know why I watched the slaughter at the end.

benjipwns

« Reply #702 on: July 28, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, I don't see the appeal of these orgiastic ISIS kill highlights as propaganda.  When I see them, I don't particularly think of justice or an effective attempt to control public opinion.  If anything I guess it might work as a form of fear inspiration, but other than that I'm struggling to ascertain what the overall tone and message of the videos are besides 'don't fuck with us/we buss our guns'. I guess most of that is due to the language gap.
I'd need to see other gang produced recruiting/highlight videos to compare. Los Zetas, MS-13, Mungiki, D-Company, etc.

I love Allah SWT :)1 hour ago

May Allah the Most Merciful help the mujahideen. May Allah The Most Gracious forgive us. May Allah Azawajjal give victory to the Islamic State. May Allah the Most Loving help Caliph Ibrahim (Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi) and protect him from the munafeeq and the kuffar. May Allah the Almighty make us from the mujahideen who fights Fi Sabillillah. Ameen Ya Rabbil allameen.

Dawlatul Islam! Baqiyah Bi'iznillah!!
tuke4111 hour ago

Well let us pray that before you die, you realise that you are praying to Satan and repent your evil ways. May God have mercy upon your soul and those in this video that are demonically possessed. As Avi Lipkin such eloquently states, "Islam is not a religion, it is a psychosis." I go one step further... it is a psychosis spawned in Hell.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #703 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »
Youtube didn't like that vid.
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #704 on: July 28, 2014, 07:33:56 PM »
This is the most highly polished video of combat footage, drive bys, shrine demolitions, sniper video, and mass executions I have ever seen.

Quite the connoisseur. :tophat

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #705 on: July 28, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »
I was surprised it lasted as long as it did - shit was messed up. Scarily well produced piece of propaganda and fear mongering. Hollywood can put together shit like zero dark thirty these fuckers just film it for real - join us otherwise we'll bury you in a mass grave. Some of it really didn't make sense either - when supposedly "out hunting for rafidi'' how did they identify the people in those cars were Shia or Maliki supporters? Just looked like indiscriminate drive bys, i guess there's some other defining trait i missed. Kinda disgusted i found that so compelling  :-\
◕‿◕

benjipwns

« Reply #706 on: July 28, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
Some of it really didn't make sense either - when supposedly "out hunting for rafidi'' how did they identify the people in those cars were Shia or Maliki supporters? Just looked like indiscriminate drive bys, i guess there's some other defining trait i missed.
I'm sure they conducted an internal investigation that ruled it a good shoot.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #707 on: July 29, 2014, 12:59:59 PM »
A Palestinian health official says at least 100 Palestinians have been killed in the fighting in Gaza on Tuesday.

The Palestinian death toll in more than three weeks of Israel-Hamas fighting has surpassed 1,100.

:goty
dog

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #708 on: July 29, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
bent

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #709 on: July 29, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #710 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
I'm guessing the terror tunnels are under those houses?
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #711 on: July 29, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
Sow the wind, reap the justified military action and whatever else. :shaq2

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #712 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:47 PM »
I'm guessing the terror tunnels are under those houses?
That's where the human shields are protecting human shields on their days off.
vin

Kara

« Reply #713 on: July 29, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wants to establish an international framework for demilitarizing the Gaza Strip, supervising entry of people and goods into the enclave and preventing smuggling, a senior Israeli official said Monday. This mechanism will oversee the use of funds, building materials and arms in Gaza, in order to ensure that they are not used for terror.

(Haaretz is a paywall site, so not worth linking the article.)

I've been wondering what (or even if) any consideration was being made for the aftermath of this in Israeli leadership.

Outsourcing occupation is one way around the whole "you can't fight a war against people you're occupying" thing, I guess.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #716 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:38 AM »
How do you ever get to the point where this shit is okay?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #717 on: July 30, 2014, 03:52:38 AM »
How do you ever get to the point where this shit is okay?

Sociopathy?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #718 on: July 30, 2014, 05:58:39 AM »
On a lighter note, Australia continues its cavalcade of comedy.

Jobseekers' payments will be cut if they spam employers, ministers warn

Unemployed people face the loss of payments as a punishment for spamming employers with unsatisfactory applications to meet tough job search rules, the Abbott government has warned.

Business groups have raised concerns that employers could be inundated with poorly targeted applications as a result of a requirement for job seekers to make 40 attempts each month from July next year.
[...]
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/30/jobseekers-payments-will-be-cut-if-they-spam-employers-ministers-warn

Force people to send out 40 applications a month to get their benefits, then try to punish them for "spamming" employers. :dead

Himu

« Reply #719 on: July 30, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »
And we're one of those friends. :(
IYKYK