Author Topic: The Official Psychoanalysis GAF Thread  (Read 5074853 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
is thuway hans
sup

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
I miss him :'( free GS ban boogie.
Drunk

etiolate

Bildi

• AKA Bildo

I admit, this one's pretty sexy.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
that -- the bronies -- REALLY needed to stayat 4chan.
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
[youtube=560,345]FIY41LrvMFQ[/youtube]
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Highest Rated Comments
This episode is dedicated to the hard working graphic & web designers who have to go through this every single project.
We salute you, Rarity.
 b3ans4eva 3 weeks ago 39

Rarity looks beautiful with those glasses! :D
Grarrg123 3 weeks ago 28

Furry ~uguu :uguu  :uguu

Real Talk: I used to watch My Little Pony when I was in Kindergarten. And now I'm gay. Thanks a lot Hasbro.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:13:10 PM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Raban

• The baby...
dont worry, I was joking  ;)

damn, GS must be reeling
SRY

Pringo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26191787&postcount=48

This thread sure got weird. Girl seems really stalkerish imo. Her twitter has like 20+ posts about the dude just in the last half a day alone.

etiolate

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26191787&postcount=48

This thread sure got weird. Girl seems really stalkerish imo. Her twitter has like 20+ posts about the dude just in the last half a day alone.

Get Cajole! She's available!

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
99th percentile or bust

I only got 90th percentile on the LSAT.  :fbm

Oblivion

Wait, Puddles is Green Shinobi?  :fbm

Highest Rated Comments
This episode is dedicated to the hard working graphic & web designers who have to go through this every single project.
We salute you, Rarity.
 b3ans4eva 3 weeks ago 39

Rarity looks beautiful with those glasses! :D
Grarrg123 3 weeks ago 28

Furry ~uguu :uguu  :uguu

Real Talk: I used to watch My Little Pony when I was in Kindergarten. And now I'm gay. Thanks a lot Hasbro.  :pimp

Fixed.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
When you've reached GS's intelligence percentile you don't think in linear terms of Good and Bad, Black and White but in terms of enlightenment and passed opportunity. GS is just trying to hit the grand apex of the human experience.
:9

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422971

i do enjoy it when EL goes into full troll mode.
nat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
so the guys a cunt, and yet I read the first page of responses and they're all brown-nosing sycophants... what is going on with that forum. I think it's a form of Stockholm Syndrome

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
obviously the boy has it out for DA2 for some reason (too much focus on the dirt poors' console version, no doubt), but the thread is an enjoyable joke. There should be more mock "OFFICIAL THREAD |OT| of mad trollery" shitting going on with how seriously the lot takes them, but eh I suppose it's reserved only for the games Evillore finds offensive.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
There should be more mock "OFFICIAL THREAD |OT| of mad trollery" shitting going on with how seriously the lot takes them, but eh I suppose it's reserved only for the games Evillore finds offensive.

If anyone but Evilore had done it, it would have been locked in two seconds. Remember this masterpiece?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376178
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:24:15 AM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
well, yes. Still though I'd like for someone else to be motivated by this and try to piss on some other title in the future. Like The Last Guardian or some other sacred cow that has a 6-month-in-the-making OT waiting in the wing.

edit: haha, that kosma thread is great. :lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:28:07 AM by Brobzoid »

archie4208

Evilore was trying too hard when he made that thread.  It is as drawn out as a VGCats comic.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
so the guys a cunt, and yet I read the first page of responses and they're all brown-nosing sycophants... what is going on with that forum. I think it's a form of Stockholm Syndrome

It's Brown nose syndrome.

well, yes. Still though I'd like for someone else to be motivated by this and try to piss on some other title in the future. Like The Last Guardian or some other sacred cow that has a 6-month-in-the-making OT waiting in the wing.

The thing is its all so stupid. Hyping or Anti-hyping games isn't brave or generally very funny even. Especially when nobody has even played it. It just shows how in-bred it all is. When evilore is being praised as the "stick it to the man rebel", you know values are fucked up.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:57:05 AM by Stoney Mason »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Evilore made the Two Worlds II OT, and while I liked TW2, well....you know....it's Two Worlds 2.
©@©™

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
The thing is its all so stupid. Hyping or Anti-hyping games isn't brave or generally very funny even. Especially when nobody has even played it. It just shows how in-bred it all is. When evilore is being praised as the "stick it to the man rebel", you know values are fucked up.

The fans who treat the OT stuff with such immense reverence being upset is what makes me want the anti-hype stuff. It's just a real obvious trolling opportunity. :petty

Outside of games with long lasting multi-player appeal I don't see the need for these persistent threads, and even then it's not like the OP is updated to stay current. I don't even remember what the SSF4 OP looks like and I read that thread all the damn time.

Stoney Mason

The fans who treat the OT stuff with such immense reverence being upset is what makes me want the anti-hype stuff. It's just a real obvious trolling opportunity. :petty

Outside of games with long lasting multi-player appeal I don't see the need for these persistent threads, and even then it's not like the OP is updated to stay current. I don't even remember what the SSF4 OP looks like and I read that thread all the damn time.

I don't know. The thing is everybody is such a contrarion nowadays that the appeal of just dissing popular things because they are popular has grown tired. I'm all for dissing things when they are shit. If you see a movie and don't like it, diss it and say why its bad. If you play a game and its bad. Diss it for the reasons its bad. Sames goes for anything I guess. Also its helps I suppose if the person doing the dissing isn't a big hypocrite.

I guess the larger problem is nerds thinking every new game is going to be the equivalent of a wonderful blowjob but to me it just seems like another version  of the bandwagon when these anti threads roll around. It's just one bandwagon being substituted for another. But I digress...

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:30:41 AM by Stoney Mason »

lordoftherink

Stoney Mason

Oh yeah in full disclousre I once made a mocking thread for a game over there and got a lot of shit for it. The mod even changed the title of the thread from what I had made. But I made it because I was actually kinda curious about the game and it had been released and nobody had made an official thread for it in that time and there were no real impressions.

Later I went back and edited the op and made it a very barebones to calm those people down. Because my goal wasn't to try to get the bandwagon going. I was honestly just curious about the game and made a snarky thread title to go along with it. 

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
It is fun to be a contrarian at the gaming side of GAF just because of the irrationally high amount of emotional investment in a game.

Even if it is a bit tired, if they generate bitter tears, then it is clear that there are still a few whacks left before the dead horse is beaten.  EviLore's OP was a bit over the top but it was entertaining to see the brown nosers and people who want to call out the OP but they're too scared to get banned.  It's a pretty good thread to be honest.
🍆🍆

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Is that going to be the real OT or is it merely a trolling thread?
Unzip

Stoney Mason

All calling out the OP will do is get you eventually banned. Or complaining about moderation. Or any of the dozens of things that upset the status quo.

I get why people don't do it. There is no point. Especially if you post there alot or already are invested in certain threads where you like certain people. It never impresses me when snarky behavior is backed up by banning. That's the opposite of brave. Its really cowardly. I've seen Evilore muscle into a number of threads and vaguely threaten posters with bans for their comments or just flat out ban them. I don't know. To me that's like rooting for the nazi's. But then that's the place and that's what its always been so if you post there you know that I guess.

Is that going to be the real OT or is it merely a trolling thread?

It's the real OT. Because Evilore made it.

Not that I care of course. Dick sucking op threads are annoying. But make that same thread for Portal 2 or some other games I could name and people would erupt and demand it be changed. That's GAF. Always cool to bandwagon if certain mods are onboard.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:57:18 PM by Stoney Mason »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Evilore was trying too hard when he made that thread.  It is as drawn out as a VGCats comic.

It would have been much better if it cut off after the first two-three images. But like everything there no one knows that less is more.
itm

Powerslave

In-depth discussions about videogame message boards lolololol

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423010

LG manages to get PS3 imports blocked from Europe and GAF declares a Fatwa against LG.
CBG

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
great news. "That about wraps it up for Sony."

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Looks like Crysis 2 is about to get the Official Evilore OT of Shame treatment.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26230482&postcount=99

You dun goofed, Crytek.
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
is it because of what the thread title says?  if so then ::) ::) ::) ::)
pcp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
is it because of what the thread title says?  if so then ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yeah, PC-GAF is losing their shit. I'm doing my best to fan the flames.  :D
©@©™

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist

You dun goofed, Crytek.

To be honest, that's a valid complaint, and that's a pretty significant drawback for the PC version.

Edit: Depending on how long it'll take them to release the patch, of course.
Unzip

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Man, if Jinfash still posted here I'd berate him for being a complicit enabler of Amirox's concern trolling.
sad

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
IIRC, Jinfash doesn't like Amir0x at all, but when the man is right, he's right.
Unzip

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423125

Thread about astroturfing, or viral marketing.  About half of the responses are about Sony and the Gaming side.
🍆🍆

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
In this case, I agree with Amirox's general senitment, what I find disgusting is the constantly reiterated attitude whereas he projects all of his aptitudes, attitudes, and abilities on EVERYONE and expects them to naturally adhere to it.  Now, I don't think he's too serious, but its obvious trolling at this point.

Although I did enjoy his trolling of the my little pony thread.  I'll be the first to admit to liking the earlier seasons of Spongebob, or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  However, I was horrified to learn that the animated avatars I was seeing on somethingawful were not worn in irony, but rather there is a fanbase of 20something year old guys indulging in ... that.  I watched an episode out of curiousity and nope, still creeped out by the whole phenomenon.
sad

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Yeah, he's extremely guilty of the reiteration and repetition of any stance he has, especially the negative ones, in every relevant (and sometimes not so relevant) thread. He's definitely baiting the low hanging fruits at this point.
Unzip

magus

• LIKES FF7
i like anybody who can post some good videogame hate but i'm not sure how you can make a thread about doing drugs with a straight face :-\
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Although I did enjoy his trolling of the my little pony thread.  I'll be the first to admit to liking the earlier seasons of Spongebob, or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  However, I was horrified to learn that the animated avatars I was seeing on somethingawful were not worn in irony, but rather there is a fanbase of 20something year old guys indulging in ... that.  I watched an episode out of curiousity and nope, still creeped out by the whole phenomenon.

I watched part of the first episode to see what all the fuss was about. Didn't really do much for me though.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

You dun goofed, Crytek.

To be honest, that's a valid complaint, and that's a pretty significant drawback for the PC version.

Edit: Depending on how long it'll take them to release the patch, of course.

I've moved into the acceptance phase already of the consolinization of PC gaming. When I hear news like this now, I just think:

Although it also helps that I wasn't that interested in Crysis 2. I'll just download 3D Mark 11 if I need benchmarking software.  :smug
©@©™

Powerslave

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26228465&postcount=1444

You should absolutely shut the fuck up you fucking taco.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403542

:rofl

ToyMachine makes all those official threads for the worst music in mankind. Either he is the greatest troll of all time or the saddest human being of all time. Either way, it's a win.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:28:58 AM by ToxicAdam »

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick

Woah! all the little pony shit on the internet is not done in irony? the internet just became a thousand times more creepy.
Drunk

Bildi

• AKA Bildo

You should absolutely shut the fuck up you fucking distinguished effete fellow.

I see PantherLotus is still able to distinguish himself from the average complete fucking moron.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
lol "your avatar sucks" compared to my annoying Idol gif

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
lol "your avatar sucks" compared to my annoying Idol gif

I'd go insane if I couldn't adblock that shit
itm

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

I see PantherLotus is still able to distinguish himself from the average complete fucking moron.

you aren't kidding

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26202756&postcount=1404

what a loser

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Generally as a rule I don't get pissed enough to ignore someone or their avatars, but goddamn J/K-Pop avatars really make me want to murder someone, either digitaly or in the meatspace.
___

Mupepe

• Icon
I hate anyone with the Idol avatars doing "quirky and oh-so cute" things. 

Ironically, I love all the Selena Gomez avatars :-[  Maybe because it pisses off other gaffers so much

Mupepe

• Icon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26218892&postcount=7453

By the way, this is the most annoying japafag post I've ever ran into on GAF.  I'm all for asian eyes, but this chick doesn't even have asian eyes.  Her left eye is veering into down syndrome territory. 

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

you aren't kidding

what a loser

haha, that is quite possibly the worst post I have ever read. The fucker is so full of himself

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
"SouthParkFan82"?
Unzip

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
SuckerPunchedMyMom
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
SnortinDatYayo
fat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
SacredCowShitter
Unzip

Bildi

• AKA Bildo

you aren't kidding

what a loser

Ugh, that really got my nerd-rage going.  He obviously thinks he's a one-of-a-kind, and frankly I'm fucking glad he is.