Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1849369 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2340 on: October 07, 2021, 03:06:17 PM »
My advice: toilets need to be deeper to accommodate my massive hog

:gurl
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2341 on: October 07, 2021, 03:10:34 PM »

The feeling of your enormous penis touching the water in a public toilet is not one you forget
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2342 on: October 07, 2021, 03:20:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-to-quit-pro-lgbtq-scheme-plans-to-be-%E2%80%98impartial-on-lgbtq-lives%E2%80%99-and-to-debate-questions-of-gender-and-sexuality.496899/

The BBC aren't going to continue to pay for advice that provides, an independent commission declared, "incorrect and potentially illegal advice on transgender issues."?

:pika

Corporate members pay Stonewall, Europe’s largest LGBTQ charity, a fee in order to sign up, and in return, Stonewall helps the organisations create more inclusive working environments for LGBTQ employees, such as giving advice on inclusive toilets and changing room facilities.

How much were they charging for advice on toilets and changing rooms?
It's an expensive newsletter

Another expensive woke service, sensivity reader.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2343 on: October 07, 2021, 03:25:20 PM »
How much were they charging for advice on toilets and changing rooms?

The cost of membership just to potentially be on their diversity champions list is £2500 a year + sales tax :idont

I don't know what the cost of the secondary consultancy revenue stream on how to get onto that list runs to, or the cost of attendance at conferences and workshops, or the cost of filing paperwork to try and get onto that list or of hours spent training staff in what stonewall think employment law should be rather than is.

It might be embarassing for private companies to get lawsuits over being misled on the law by what is openly a political lobbyist organisation; publicly owned companies should not be beholden to privately controlled organisations.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2344 on: October 07, 2021, 03:29:09 PM »
The whole thing is a racket and the corporations happily join in to make a quick buck :money
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2345 on: October 07, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »
I'd like to apologize to the bore for laughing at Hannah Gadsby's Nannette. Apparently what I thought was meant to be a "Frumpy angry lesbian shouting rape at the audience" sketch wasn't meant to be a sketch.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2346 on: October 07, 2021, 03:40:19 PM »

The feeling of your enormous penis touching the water in a public toilet is not one you forget
rioutoos alt  :rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2347 on: October 07, 2021, 03:40:57 PM »
The whole thing is a racket and the corporations happily join in to make a quick buck :money

Which for private sector shit is... whatever. They have deep pockets, an army of lawyers on retainer, and can go take some politicians out for fancy weekend breaks if things get too hot for them.

Publicly funded shit opening itself up to employment tribunal lawsuits because privately controlled lobbyists are advising what they want not what is as legal advice and making bank doing so just ends up costing the tax payer twice over.

I don't blame stonewall who get to keep their effective lobbyist cake and get to eat it too by having a circular system where they can ontinue to extract money to support their lobbying indefinitely, but I sure as shit don't blame public sector institutions who are supposed to be politically neutral because the entire fucking country pays for them and the country runs the entire gamut politically to realise this is not the great fucking deal someone in HR who couldn't be arsed to do their homework sold it as when asking if they could just outsource that shit.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2348 on: October 07, 2021, 03:48:23 PM »
Wtf is there to be "impartial" about?
It's about giving LGBTQ+ people the same rights and respect as everyone else.

and the problem is that it's fucking not, its promoting a specific LGBT agenda first and foremost; whether you agree or disagree with that agenda is kind of a secondary concern, but thats stonewalls actual fucking raison d'etre.

Some dude Freedom Of Informationed Edinburgh Universities application; it does not give a shit about anything other than a LGBT perspective.
It also has a bunch of fucking weird demands, like that the applicant has gone on social media actively promoting various LGBT causes; okay, if you're google and want to do token corporate rainbow flag day or whatever, but why the fuck should Customs & Excise be doing that?

Allies
4.1 Does the organisation have a formal programme or initiative to engage all non-LGBT employees to
become allies?

4.2 In the past year, has the organisation held internal awareness raising sessions, campaigns or
initiatives specifically for allies which cover the following? Tick all that apply.
A. The importance of allies 
B. Discrimination towards LGBT people 
C. Personal stories from LGBT people 
D. Actions they can take to be effective allies
E. None of the above

4.3 Does the organisation enable allies to visibly signal their commitment to LGBT equality?

Describe how allies can visibly signal their commitment to LGBT equality (Max 200 words).

:doge

Like, do you seriously need a fucking course at induction and on a regular annual basis on how to virtue signal as an ally?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2349 on: October 07, 2021, 03:55:17 PM »
I'm reading up on what the stonewall organization is, and it seems like companies/groups are leaving it because it's not good bang for buck?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2350 on: October 07, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
I'm reading up on what the stonewall organization is, and it seems like companies/groups are leaving it because it's not good bang for buck?

it's not 'bang for buck', in that following their advice opens companies up to potential legal actions, not that companies HR departments aren't more than happy to outsource actual work

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2351 on: October 07, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »
It's easy to see how these stonewall guys make money when support for them is directly equaled with support for LGBT.

Any charity can be flawed, even if it's LGBT one.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #2352 on: October 07, 2021, 04:05:15 PM »
I was browsing /r/dragonquest and someone bought up this resetera thread, and a user was mentioning how toxic it was and GAF is better than it now.

i clicked on his profile and it was a bunch of posts in /r/KiA, many of them very toxic.

I looked even closer, and he is a mod of r/dragonquest.

because of course.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away-see-staff-post.496800/page-18#post-74828754

:mods

Propagandhim

« Reply #2353 on: October 07, 2021, 04:06:57 PM »
I was browsing /r/dragonquest and someone bought up this resetera thread, and a user was mentioning how toxic it was and GAF is better than it now.

i clicked on his profile and it was a bunch of posts in /r/KiA, many of them very toxic.

because of course.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away-see-staff-post.496800/page-18#post-74828754

"i looked closer and found his address"

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2354 on: October 07, 2021, 04:07:23 PM »
Let it be known that I support gay and trans right and if anyone bans me they are declaring war on the LGBT community you hear that Bork? I have 122 twitter followers and I wont let that stand
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2355 on: October 07, 2021, 04:11:12 PM »
I am a staunch supporter of LGBTQ rights, and demonstrated my allyship by once giving James one of 5 likes

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2356 on: October 07, 2021, 04:15:42 PM »
Mods are fine with those drive by celebrating posts of Sugiyama as Nep Nep made it clear

Because of course

Boredfrom

« Reply #2357 on: October 07, 2021, 04:15:52 PM »

because of course.

I’m pretty sure some of the staff are GameGhazi regulars  :lol

Not much better if you ask me.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2358 on: October 07, 2021, 04:23:36 PM »
I'm not surprised people would grow away from views that would condemn a harmless piece of entertainment you love just because it includes puff puffs and the occasional skimpy outfit
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #2359 on: October 07, 2021, 04:56:06 PM »
Don’t forget Oogler’s Digest  :rash

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2360 on: October 07, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »
I can't believe someone would be this much of a loser to take 10 years of "comedy classes" just to police other people's jokes on the internet. :lol
You've read Resetera, right? It's kind of their thing.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2363 on: October 07, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »
They report a total of 38 dead, which of course is a tragedy but considering there were a total of ~20k gun deaths in 2020 the number of people shot by Dave Chappele is quite small.
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #2364 on: October 07, 2021, 07:10:58 PM »
That’s a lot of tweets to say they are not offended.

But they actually very much are. Dave was indeed right again. It’s easy to poke the bear when you know it will never actually retaliate beyond roaring in your face.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2365 on: October 07, 2021, 07:13:35 PM »
Blizzard is turning WoW into reseteras wet dream. They just removed jokes and flirt voice lines

https://www.wowhead.com/news/suggestive-player-character-joke-and-flirt-voice-lines-removed-in-patch-9-1-5-324416

:lol

Maybe they can hire a 10 year comedy school dropout to write new ones

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2366 on: October 07, 2021, 07:36:11 PM »
All the 10 year comedy school dropouts are now busy on their 20 year Why Not Be A Hip Hopper Course. In 2031 Planet will be posting 5 paragraphs about how he's a real G who spits bars n shizzle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2367 on: October 07, 2021, 07:47:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away-see-staff-post.496800/page-22#post-74850984

Quote from: Masagiwa, post: 74849217, member: 39137
one of those threads where you just take a quick look and quietly leave

Quote from: SEATLiens, post: 74849499, member: 59566
Please tell us why, we'd love to hear it.

Quote from: ZeoVGM, post: 74849694, member: 1119
How come?

Quote from: King Alamat, post: 74849862, member: 34116
Y'know, you could just not post.

:social2
Margs

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2368 on: October 07, 2021, 07:58:58 PM »
Secret gamer gate nazis exposing themselves once again.  :jeb

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2369 on: October 07, 2021, 08:05:40 PM »
I guarantee there are no mirrors in Zeo's house.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2370 on: October 07, 2021, 08:07:30 PM »
I'm respect your opinions, dude, but I'm really tired of people telling me I'm "crazy" for liking my coworkers and wanting to get out of the house, even if in jest.

Normies have had it with people lightly criticizing them :crowdlaff

ShutUp

« Reply #2372 on: October 07, 2021, 08:36:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away-see-staff-post.496800/page-22#post-74850984

Quote from: Masagiwa, post: 74849217, member: 39137
one of those threads where you just take a quick look and quietly leave

Quote from: SEATLiens, post: 74849499, member: 59566
Please tell us why, we'd love to hear it.

Quote from: ZeoVGM, post: 74849694, member: 1119
How come?

Quote from: King Alamat, post: 74849862, member: 34116
Y'know, you could just not post.

:social2

Perfect way to say how batshit insane they are in that thread without actually saying it. You know those kind of posts make them seethe when the person doesn’t return to say anymore.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2374 on: October 07, 2021, 08:56:06 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvels-avengers-is-now-selling-xp-and-resource-boosts-for-real-money-in-the-marketplace-right-after-its-gamepass-launch.497079/page-2

It will never not blow my mind that they took one of the biggest IPs in the world, and turned it into... what we got; a halfhearted live service game with wish.com Avengers. Apparently the game feels a lot better to play once you unlock more skills, but then they went and made the grind even harsher as an effort to prolong engagement. This game has designed by executives written all over it.

Having a big IP doesn’t mean shit, why you guys keep saying this like this is a rare occurrence?

Avengers is a 53 years old IP that just relatively recently got to called “biggest franchise of the world” by you posers, but you act like this is the first AAA superhero hero game that ever existed.

« Reply #2375 on: October 07, 2021, 08:57:50 PM »
Dave Chappelle is the only one punching up . The lgbtq community vaulted over the black community by using the civil rights argument for themselves. Predominantly lgbt community are white liberals so whichever way you put it , he is punching up , not down

« Reply #2376 on: October 07, 2021, 09:12:10 PM »

I know you're a banned troll junior account, but I know there are other people lurking here that want to believe something along these lines, so I feel like it's worth stating very clearly...

Allyship isn't something you assign yourself. It's something that you're given after you earned it.

“You have to suck our dick to prove you are not a bigot”

« Reply #2377 on: October 07, 2021, 09:20:12 PM »
“ I'm assuming you're black when I say this, but when you say 'my people', understand that you're excluding black gays and transgenders. As a black man, they are our people. I know you're banned, but I just wanted to point this out. I see this a lot in the black community, this separation of straight black people and gay/trans black folk. It corny.”
Black gay and trans are on the lowest rung of the lgbt community. Their only aura of equality comes from
Their notion that they are accepted for being gay . But that’s only because they are part of the lgbt community which is supported predominantly by white liberals. If lgbt existed predominantly amongst black community they would have been on the bottom rung of the entire society and under straight black community. The fact is the black community has never been not at the bottom of the ladder so when a leftist nut says you are excluding black gays bad trans , no, they are only accepted for being gay in the community and their black skin leads them to be the least beneficiaries of this acceptance

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2378 on: October 07, 2021, 09:33:28 PM »
I've noticed the people who love working in office are either not hard workers who depend on the office to make them look like they're doing something or sad people who depend on their coworkers as a means of not feeling alone.

Edit: in my office

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-going-back-in-for-the-first-time-in-a-year-i%E2%80%99ve-determined-that-people-who-would-prefer-to-work-at-the-office-are-crazy.497142/page-2#post-74850291

Guess this Reee never worked in their life.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2379 on: October 07, 2021, 10:07:45 PM »
It’s definitely true of middle managers :trumps

Boredfrom

« Reply #2380 on: October 07, 2021, 10:24:04 PM »
They are never happy:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-take-a-moment-and-appreciate-this-brief-moment-of-diversity-in-gaming.497187/

Quote from: Neoxon
.  We’re seeing progress, but it’s too slow for my liking. But in the case of Deathloop, it’s an example of diversity both in the game & with the developers, so I’ll definitely give credit there.

Thank you, lord Neoxon. Very glad for you condescending approval.

Quote from: Springloaded
Yes, it’s great. Deathloop’s lead character are fantastic top to bottom, it’s cool Dinga Bakaba is creative director.

Now make Zelda black

And when someone complains, make Link black. Then make Tingle black too, and Impa, and keep going until people don’t even bat an eye at it

:kobeyuck

Did.. did you notice two original IPs with PoC just got top sales without needing palette swap a established character?

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #2381 on: October 07, 2021, 10:25:46 PM »
Dude, Deathloop is technically a Microsoft ip, so it's not cool to like it and it doesn't count. Keep up son

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2382 on: October 07, 2021, 10:34:22 PM »
Quote from: Springloaded
Yes, it’s great. Deathloop’s lead character are fantastic top to bottom, it’s cool Dinga Bakaba is creative director.

Now make Zelda black

And when someone complains, make Link black. Then make Tingle black too, and Impa, and keep going until people don’t even bat an eye at it

:kobeyuck

Did.. did you notice two original IPs with PoC just got top sales without needing palette swap a established character?

Sounds a lot like he hopes for race swaps creating outrage and not caring much about diversity.

FUME5

« Reply #2383 on: October 07, 2021, 11:27:55 PM »
More like Koichi Sugma

BadAss2961

« Reply #2384 on: October 07, 2021, 11:40:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/page-9#post-74849676

Quote from: JaRonin
User Banned (duration pending review): Dismissive commentary around transphobia; account in junior phase

The fact that this topic is what gets talked about is Dave's whole point of that special IMO. You would never see this much outrage and a thread about his Clifford the Big Red N joke or any of the police inequality jokes hes made throughout his career. Empathy is a two way street.

The poor sap goes on to give them his balls trying to duck the pile-on ban. Classic mistake. Only makes those wackos enjoy it more.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #2385 on: October 08, 2021, 12:09:43 AM »
I'm in a group chat for a local gaming club....a cop who posts in there today wrote, "Damn new Chappelle stand up is 🔥!" No one responded. I left the chat. I feel terrible for not starting some shit.

This definitely happened.

Get those virtue signaling points though.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2386 on: October 08, 2021, 12:16:50 AM »
Sony doesn't really need to make "horny" games because characters are actually allowed to have sex in their games.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot23-marvel-at-the-creative-bankruptcy.494016/post-74571267

:aloy
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns around representation in a sensitive thread; related prior infractions
Quote from: BossAttack
Let. Aloy. Fuck. 😉
I really dislike that line you just quoted - because of what Horizon means to me. Let me explain: otherwise, I would totally agree - please, more games with realistic female characters and realistic depictions of their sexuality. I love a good romance subplot and I prefer female leads - and I like them having relationships. I get that this is avoided because of male gamers and I am annoyed with it, too. But relationships are not needed in every game. Horizon is a special game for me and Aloy is my favorite character - because she is a unique person in a conservative society, because she stands on the side of reason and knowledge instead of superstition, faith or spirituality. Not every game needs to have a romantic subplot.

I get it, it sucks that many male-led games have that romantic angle and female-led games don’t. It sucks and the reason for it sucks. But that doesn’t mean every game needs to have sexuality, regardless of the main character. Sure, give me Uncharted 5 with Chloe as the lead, and give her a meaningful relationship with a man. Or a casual one, whatever. Give me a new TLOU with Abby and let her have relationships, I loved her relationship with Owen. I was genuinely touched whenever he expressed his feelings towards her, and I was really sad when she didn’t respond in the way he wanted. Give Lara Croft a romantic interest in the next game. But cut it out with this “Let Aloy Fuck” - not every game needs to have sexuality or romance of any kind.
How is a well reasoned and detailed response "dismissing concerns"?

This isn't dismissing concerns, this is simply some hyper sensitive BCT dick who got his feelings hurt and ran to Slayven to get his pound of flesh. Fuck those people.

Holey shit. What a little bitch ass
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2387 on: October 08, 2021, 12:40:44 AM »
Let me repeat, if an American is posting here about "tankies" covering up Uyghur repression instead of plotting to storm the border to free the "kids in cages", their opinion is worth less than shit to me. It is actually more vile than just not posting at all, because people using ethcs as a conversational cudgel without backing it up with praxis just degrades both ethics and praxis.

The praxis is debasing the praxis!
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2388 on: October 08, 2021, 12:54:46 AM »
I'm in a group chat for a local gaming club....a cop who posts in there today wrote, "Damn new Chappelle stand up is 🔥!" No one responded. I left the chat. I feel terrible for not starting some shit.

This definitely happened.

Get those virtue signaling points though.
They have likes now?
Spud

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2389 on: October 08, 2021, 01:41:11 AM »
Resetera needs a button that lets you react with a jerkoff hand motion

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2390 on: October 08, 2021, 01:51:14 AM »
At this point in time for that community, I bet adding likes to the forum would create so many proxy fights and increased direct attacks between posters that up to now would seem mild and tame in comparison.

They should absolutely add likes.    :judge

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2391 on: October 08, 2021, 01:59:43 AM »
The meltdowns if they add like and dislike features :lawd

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2392 on: October 08, 2021, 03:08:33 AM »
At this point in time for that community, I bet adding likes to the forum would create so many proxy fights and increased direct attacks between posters that up to now would seem mild and tame in comparison.

They should absolutely add likes.    :judge
Can you imagine the mental health toll it would take on poor excelsheets when nobody likes her posts?
 :goty2 :marimo :rkelly :aloy
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2393 on: October 08, 2021, 05:09:39 AM »
you know certain posters would keep track of who has and hasn't liked their posts

for example: kyujji having a meltdown cos gamer bigots aren't liking their spam posts in acti blizz or ubisoft threads :rash
(ice)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2394 on: October 08, 2021, 05:24:19 AM »
you know if I'm ever feeling like a sensitive loser I can always look at Dave Chappelle's recent stand-up specials and feel a little bit better about myself

No wonder they're all on meds.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/page-11

Trojita

« Reply #2395 on: October 08, 2021, 05:33:13 AM »
You know for a fact that they would be banning people for likes. 95% of the site would be banned.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2396 on: October 08, 2021, 06:29:47 AM »
Are there any comedians around anymore who are a) funny and b) not a complete ass-hat?

you know if I'm ever feeling like a sensitive loser I can always look at Dave Chappelle's recent stand-up specials and feel a little bit better about myself ☺️

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/page-11#post-74865174
He says this while posting on ResetEra.com  :lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #2397 on: October 08, 2021, 07:34:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/foundation-season-1-review-thread-67-rt-fresh-63-metacritic.491218/page-3

Resetera praises Foundation:
No HBO-type, "Look at me, I'm on cable, let's cram tits and ass in every episode" content. If this ends up being really good, this is a show I'd love to show my kids. In fact, the women characters have been dressed appropriately for their settings in every episode I can remember. Hallelujah

:exxy
Oi Oi

« Reply #2398 on: October 08, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
you know if I'm ever feeling like a sensitive loser I can always look at Dave Chappelle's recent stand-up specials and feel a little bit better about myself

yes, when feeling like a loser take a look at the work of a successful millionaire, that will work wonders.

NekoFever

« Reply #2399 on: October 08, 2021, 08:10:12 AM »
You know for a fact that they would be banning people for likes. 95% of the site would be banned.

The real fun would be when they tried to get people for not-likes, when the latest copypasta PSA is getting insufficient praise.