Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2082670 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #15780 on: August 15, 2018, 06:58:19 AM »
This is going to sound like a sociopath move out of context, but cant wait till that little chit Tariq dies, 1 down and one to go.

I really, really liked Evil Dead's stories and content, I feel they had too much time and it would have worked better as 2 - 3 movies.

p.s. Fuck Dre
p.p.s. Fuck Dre again

Good morning to everyone but tariq and angela... and dre. and terry.
Kanan up to his old shit again, I mean I guess he never wasnt, but how many times they going to trust this guy  :neogaf

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15781 on: August 15, 2018, 07:00:49 AM »
Caught up on Orange is the new Black S5 and S6. It's pretty hit and miss with the gimmicks episode and the overarching season plots who seem to never have room enough to breathe (thought the villains for S6 were good but had not nearly enough screen time). Lots of story threads didn't seem to get nowhere and at this point the whole thing is surfing on the strength of its characters/actresses. Was still enjoyable at that level for me.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15782 on: August 15, 2018, 08:43:38 AM »
Any orgies in it?

Not really. Two pairs of people have sex in the same room, but I don’t think that constitutes an orgy (I’m not an expert tho).
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15783 on: August 15, 2018, 08:57:24 AM »
Any orgies in it?

Not really. Two pairs of people have sex in the same room, but I don’t think that constitutes an orgy (I’m not an expert tho).
SPOILER
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Technically that's a rape-sex crime-orgy
[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15784 on: August 15, 2018, 12:28:10 PM »
S2 of Twin Peaks is so much better when you fast forward through James's bullshit. A can abide all the meaningless threads but his.

I can’t handle Ben or even Audrey Horne’s storyline.

Yeah I'm hating Audrey now that hunky Billy Zane has come in. Bens storyline is so stupid I actually enjoy it. Nadines will always the best.
:9

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15785 on: August 16, 2018, 04:00:14 AM »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15786 on: August 16, 2018, 10:53:36 AM »
Better Call Saul is off to a great start.

Spoilers for ep 1 and 2 (mostly 2)

* hopefully his story goes somewhere this season, but Mike is starting out well. He got a nice montage sequence and a great scene with Lydia.

* Nacho is kinda the most interesting character next to Kim since we don’t know their pre-BB fates. It seems like Nacho’s  been getting more and more time on the show, so it’s good the show recognizes his awesomeness.

* I really don’t want Chuck’s letter to be the plot device that blows up Kim and Jimmy’s relationship. I know the show is smarter than that and they’re probably just fucking with how people expect the BB/BCS writers to write

* dat classic Ice Cold Gus moment at the end of ep 2. So good.

* also dat Howard and Kim scene with Kim going nuclear. Poor Howard. I love his chacter. He comes across as a douchebag, but he’s rarely ever actually been one, and he’s never been nefarious. Yet it seems the fanbase largely hates him.

* I want the twins to fuck me.
[close]

Anywho, fantastic show. I love it.
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15787 on: August 16, 2018, 12:06:54 PM »
?

Oh, you just started, not re-started.

It's something the crew shouts sometimes.

Tasty

« Reply #15788 on: August 16, 2018, 12:47:44 PM »
Oh OK.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15789 on: August 16, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
Watched Arrested Development semi-S5 and thought it was fine. Not enough De Rossi. They should probably end there tho. Also pretty jarring to see the actors age several years (obviously).

2025 : Coming soon ! S6 ! How will George Michael deal with his incoming thirties !
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15790 on: August 16, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

* hopefully his story goes somewhere this season, but Mike is starting out well. He got a nice montage sequence and a great scene with Lydia.

* Nacho is kinda the most interesting character next to Kim since we don’t know their pre-BB fates. It seems like Nacho’s  been getting more and more time on the show, so it’s good the show recognizes his awesomeness.

* I really don’t want Chuck’s letter to be the plot device that blows up Kim and Jimmy’s relationship. I know the show is smarter than that and they’re probably just fucking with how people expect the BB/BCS writers to write

* also dat Howard and Kim scene with Kim going nuclear. Poor Howard. I love his chacter. He comes across as a douchebag, but he’s rarely ever actually been one, and he’s never been nefarious. Yet it seems the fanbase largely hates him.

[close]

Yeah they really started this season great.

Howard only knows how to solve things with money and/or deals and doesn't seem to hold on to grudges. That makes him seem like an asshole who only cares about himself.
He's kinda the opposite of Chuck and Jimmy who are constantly motivated by their grudges and emotions.

Chuck's letter is probably no big deal to Jimmy. If he reads it later that would be no reason for him to break up with Kim. They've had fights before over way more serious stuff so whatever happens between the two has to be a terrible event.
You can already guess the content of the letter: "You were always a fuck up but still you were my brother". It kinda depends on when he wrote it. Did he write it just before he killed himself or did he write it way before. The letter seemed yellowish so I suspect he had written it some time ago.
[close]
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #15791 on: August 16, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »

[close]

Everyone says Saul namedrops Nachos real name in his first BB episode or something in a way that suggests he isn't going to die at least
[close]

TVC15

« Reply #15792 on: August 16, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »

[close]

Everyone says Saul namedrops Nachos real name in his first BB episode or something in a way that suggests he isn't going to die at least
[close]

Well what is said in BB is...

Saul says to Jesse and Walter, “Oh no no no no. It wasn’t me. It was Ignacio. He’s the one!” before asking, “Lalo didn’t send you? No Lalo?” which doesn’t really indicate whether he’s still alive, just that Saul (probably) thinks he is. Whomever it is that Saul thinks he’s talking to could have already killed him.

We also haven’t met Lalo yet iirc. 
[close]
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15793 on: August 16, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »

[close]

Yeah they really started this season great.

Howard only knows how to solve things with money and/or deals and doesn't seem to hold on to grudges. That makes him seem like an asshole who only cares about himself.
He's kinda the opposite of Chuck and Jimmy who are constantly motivated by their grudges and emotions.

Chuck's letter is probably no big deal to Jimmy. If he reads it later that would be no reason for him to break up with Kim. They've had fights before over way more serious stuff so whatever happens between the two has to be a terrible event.
You can already guess the content of the letter: "You were always a fuck up but still you were my brother". It kinda depends on when he wrote it. Did he write it just before he killed himself or did he write it way before. The letter seemed yellowish so I suspect he had written it some time ago.
[close]

When you see how fiercely Kim ripped into Howard, I can absolutely see her going ballistic if she understands how Jimmy was in fact cold, callous and cruel by doubling down on shifting the blame to Howard at the first episode. Kim knows Jimmy fucked with Chuck with the whole forgery thing but it could be somewhat justified. She doesn't know about how he triggered the insurance thing and that was much more petty.

Kim still believes that Jimmy has empathy (the part about taking offence at the idea of Jimmy picking up effects in the warm ruins of his brother's house) but he's clearly moving past that. His rant after getting the job sounds a bit bitter and entitled in a way, as if some suckers were too basic and beneath him now.
[close]
ὕβρις

TVC15

« Reply #15794 on: August 16, 2018, 05:42:14 PM »
BCS

It bums me out—how much must Kim think she loves Jimmy to rip into Howard like that. It’s going to kill her when she finds out how big of a piece of shit he is
[close]
serge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15795 on: August 16, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »
More BCS
Jimmy is responsible in some way yes but Chuck's death isn't entirely his fault and it isn't entirely Howard's fault either. The path that they(Chuck/Jimmy/Howard) choose together is what ended Chuck in the end (and Chuck's history of mental illness). Chuck simply didn't have another fight in him against both Jimmy and Howard and couldn't cope with the fact that both (who he considered less intelligent and capable than he was) in a way had outsmarted and beaten him. They all three wanted to take each other down but only Howard is willing to acknowledge his guilt.

Howard you could say 'won' in the end. He managed to reach his goal, which was to take complete ownership of H.H.M. and remove all obstacles that would prevent that from happening (Jimmy/Chuck/Kim).
He paid a 'price' to reach his goal but not the same price that Jimmy has.
[close]
🤴

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15796 on: August 16, 2018, 06:21:03 PM »
Even more BCS

[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15797 on: August 16, 2018, 09:26:43 PM »
I love the way it feels coming from S1-2 of Twin Peaks to S3. The time jump and the colder vibe. I have a feeling I'll enjoy S3 much more now that I'm able to watch it continuously instead of those tortuous week long gaps.

I'll never be able to get enough of off kilter Lynch characterizations

TVC15

« Reply #15798 on: August 17, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »
The Sinner S1 Ep 6

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jessica Biel making out with and fingering her terminally ill sister? I DID NOT SEE THE SHOW GOING HERE. FIVE BAGS OF POPCORN
[close]
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15799 on: August 17, 2018, 06:33:17 PM »
This fucking 1972 Dodge Charger in Twin Peaks S3 gives such a raging boner

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15800 on: August 17, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
better call saul continuing to be great and showing how garbage breaking bad really was  :rejoice

kim giving howard the business  :leon

I just want a bih to love me as much as kim loves saul  :tocry

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15801 on: August 17, 2018, 07:55:28 PM »
They taller her love, the harder her fall.
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15802 on: August 18, 2018, 12:47:52 AM »
Disenchanted is pretty meh.  I like it though. 

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15803 on: August 18, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
This is how i felt about it after 1 episode. Hopefully it gets better.

Afterall, Bojack Horseman didn't get good until the very end of season 1 and now it's one of my top shows of all time. Sometimes it takes these guys a few episodes, a season, to get used to writing for this type of format.

TVC15

« Reply #15804 on: August 18, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
S1 of The Sinner ends pretty badly. It’s kinda all downhill after we 4. Skip.
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15805 on: August 18, 2018, 07:38:53 PM »

Up to episode 5, it's ok. Some nifty cool small gags. Characters are good. A bit lazy on the scripting, episodes have that Simpsons "quality" of going from one sequence to the next without much care for binding it.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15806 on: August 19, 2018, 12:43:10 AM »
was LEXX  a good show?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15807 on: August 19, 2018, 12:48:25 AM »

"I've seen a lot of women in my time. You've gotta be the ugliest woman I've ever laid eyes on."  :dead

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15808 on: August 19, 2018, 01:01:40 AM »

Up to episode 5, it's ok. Some nifty cool small gags. Characters are good. A bit lazy on the scripting, episodes have that Simpsons "quality" of going from one sequence to the next without much care for binding it.
this is a much harder watch than i expected. i don't know what it is about the sound but the theme, editing, it's all really really bad. Odd for how much money Netflix gave them.

Not sure why Netflix didn't sign for some new Futurama instead.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15809 on: August 19, 2018, 03:49:11 AM »

this is a much harder watch than i expected. i don't know what it is about the sound but the theme, editing, it's all really really bad. Odd for how much money Netflix gave them.

Not sure why Netflix didn't sign for some new Futurama instead.

I think Futurama would have the same issues. It's just a bit of a tired format for people like us that watched a lot of those since the Simpsons. It's either short on the writing or the pacing with those longer running times. I also expected it to be a series of mostly gag centric independent episodes but it tries to have an arc ? I'll try to finish it.
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #15810 on: August 19, 2018, 11:17:03 AM »
Caught up on Sharp Objects. Show is incredible. Possibly the best/most creative editing I've seen in both TV and movies. Ridiculously smart. Moves slow but you don't really feel it due to super on-point directing. Great cast. Sharp dialog. Wonderful cinematography.

I could keep gushing but I won't. I just hope it's leading to something.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #15811 on: August 19, 2018, 12:50:51 PM »
Started watching Fargo again. One of my favourite bits is when Lester sneaks out the hospital and plants evidence in his brother's gun locker, then we see all this chaos happening and at the end it switches back to him in his hospital bed, and he look up at the camera and gives this little smile. It's fucking amazing man

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15812 on: August 19, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Finished the season (half season ?) of Dischantment and yeah it's... Average. I honestly thought the protagonist would flee her marriage and from there live adventures and quests each episode. Instead she's brought back home and the thing goes for an overarching narrative moving at a glacial pace before getting all excited in the last two episodes and nothing happening in between is very significant, the only thread being a vapid romantic plot. I liked the first outline of the characters but they never did much with it, no hidden depths and the stereotype is played straight all along when they're not just outright dumping the initially stated motivation.

I like the designs, some of the background gags and the universe is OK but it is all half baked and sloppy. The cliffhanger seem to suggest much more action to come and some more engaging stuff with the protagonists but I'm not super excited by what I saw so far...
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #15813 on: August 20, 2018, 01:04:44 AM »
Sharp Objects

So the mom definitely did it right
[close]

shosta

« Reply #15814 on: August 20, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
Saw a trailer for Barry, looked pretty good.

Btw tasty I saw the first episode of Sharp Objects. Impressed, will keep watching
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #15815 on: August 20, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »
I think the first episode might be the weakest actually. Not sure tho. :thinking

shosta

« Reply #15816 on: August 20, 2018, 08:33:47 PM »
I'm patient and it has potential. I wasn't hooked but I'm sufficiently intrigued.
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15817 on: August 20, 2018, 08:56:58 PM »
Barry is amazing watch it.

TVC15

« Reply #15818 on: August 20, 2018, 09:07:00 PM »
Barry is awesome.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #15819 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »

TVC15

« Reply #15820 on: August 20, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »
He looks like a douchebag and FatherMike likes the pic so it must be something terrible
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15821 on: August 20, 2018, 09:28:32 PM »
It's a CW thing.  You wouldn't understand. 

TVC15

« Reply #15822 on: August 20, 2018, 09:30:34 PM »
It's a CW thing.  You wouldn't understand. 

That was my first guess.

At least the channel has Riverdale.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15823 on: August 20, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »
And better yet, supernatural. 

TVC15

« Reply #15824 on: August 20, 2018, 09:38:01 PM »
:six: :six: :six:
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15825 on: August 20, 2018, 09:48:23 PM »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15826 on: August 20, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »
Rewatch of Twin Peaks S3 done. I adore it now. I remember feeling anxious through the initial watch but the second time around I really settled in.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15827 on: August 20, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »
I just remembered that the first episode of Stargate had tits in it.  Why is it not 1997 again?

TVC15

« Reply #15828 on: August 20, 2018, 10:15:41 PM »
The only tits worth seeing in the 90s were the cake tits in Under Siege.
serge

Nola

« Reply #15829 on: August 21, 2018, 12:12:53 AM »
Barry:  :delicious

Sharp Objects:  :whew

The Expanse(Thank you Filler):  :playa

Future Man(Also Filler(and GF)):   :jawalrus
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:18:48 AM by Nola »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15830 on: August 21, 2018, 05:44:38 AM »
Tom Ellis' hell-raising Lucifer Morningstar is now set to tangle with another troublemaker of Biblical proportions for his fourth season: TV Insider has learned exclusively that Imposters' Inbar Lavi has been cast as Eve. Yes, that Eve.

Described as "the original sinner herself" in the official release, Lavi's take on the leading lady of the Book of Genesis is apparently over her time in the Garden of Eden. "After an eternity with Adam, she’s grown restless in her marriage and longs for a less predictable time when things were exciting. Naughty. Dangerous. She misses her hot and heavy first love...the charming rogue who tempted her so many years ago. That’s right, the devil himself…Lucifer."
:lawd

Tasty

« Reply #15831 on: August 21, 2018, 10:12:33 AM »
:dead

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15832 on: August 21, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »
Most recent Sharp Objects and where its ultimately going  :beetlejuice

TVC15

« Reply #15833 on: August 21, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
I’m watching some gay minstrel show called Modern Family. It is basically televised bigotry.
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15834 on: August 21, 2018, 11:40:19 PM »
Been mainlining The Good Place, and am really enjoying the chemistry among the leads. There are times when I recognize it's just a dumb sitcom, and other times where it offers surprising insight on the human condition.

Tasty

« Reply #15835 on: August 22, 2018, 12:14:57 AM »
https://io9.gizmodo.com/brendan-fraser-is-robotman-on-dcs-doom-patrol-1828507321

I actually like Brendan Fraser a lot, but I'm interested in Benji's opinion since my Doom Patrol knowledge is pretty much just "Beast Boy was on it once."

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15836 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »
He's doing the voice, since...Robotman. I assume the fact that Crazy Jane is on the show means they're more interested in the Morrison/Way Doom Patrol than the more generic hero team version. It'd certainly be best for the show, and not because I prefer it, but simply because it would differentiate the show from the rest of the hero binge.

How do I get them to pay me to make some shows from their comic properties for this streaming service? I may start with something that looks awfully like The Authority and then Planetary. Or if I have to stay in DC proper, Checkmate! Plus BOOSTER GOLD! Question: Do you need a Blue Beetle killed? I would very much like to start with that if so.

paprikastaude

« Reply #15837 on: August 22, 2018, 10:28:04 AM »
Better Call Saul :lawd How many eps is it gonna have?

Tasty

« Reply #15838 on: August 22, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »

:lawd :lawd