Author Topic: FALLOUT 4  (Read 65396 times)

eleuin

• perennial loser
Re: FALLOUT 4
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2015, 01:17:53 AM »
This game to me is just finding out better ways to carry more junk

1st deep pocketed armor pieces, then commanding companions to pick things up over capacity, then having them wear power armor frames without cores, then silver shroud armor and now finally this

Sprinkle in some alcohol and buffout for str occasionally 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »
Still can't find Dogmeat or Nick Valentine  :'(

If you're playing the PC version, you can use a console command to warp to their location.

Someone really needs to work up a mod that keeps track of all your companions' locations.
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »

If you're playing the PC version, you can use a console command to warp to their location.

Or he could just play the main questline.  :P
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2015, 09:58:56 AM »
I think he means that he sent them off somewhere and now can't find them anymore, right?
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »
Nah, I stopped after one main quest line and dicked around. Was thinking that might be it but it's still strange that they aren't available to use after I left the fort.

GO TO DIAMOND CITY
MMA

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #425 on: December 10, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
The Silver Shroud :lawd
©@©™

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #426 on: December 10, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »
The Silver Shroud :lawd
The armor you get on this quest line is pretty sick. I got it pretty early and blazed through most of the game with it.

Dogmeat MIGHT be in front of Fort Hagen. That's where I eventually found him.
うぐう

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: December 10, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »
If you make it to the Kellogg quest without finding Dogmeat, Nick will use a dog whistle to summon him. Although if you somehow can't find Nick either, I guess that would be a problem. :doge
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #428 on: December 11, 2015, 07:30:08 AM »
Nah, I stopped after one main quest line and dicked around. Was thinking that might be it but it's still strange that they aren't available to use after I left the fort.

GO TO DIAMOND CITY

Been there a billion times, no Nick.

Last time I saw him was when I sent him to the Red Rocket after getting to Fort Hagan. After dying once I couldn't find him anywhere. Well, except for the fort, which I haven't been to in a while since.
You on PC or console?  There are commands for the PC to bring the NPC's to you.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #429 on: December 11, 2015, 09:15:59 PM »

:uguu

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: December 11, 2015, 09:59:25 PM »
fallout4tsundere8me
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #432 on: December 16, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »
:heh
dog

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #433 on: December 21, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »
Almost done with this.  What a total dissapointment and definitely the low point of the main series.  Hopefully they can give the next one to someone who knows what made the others (especially NV great).
vin

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »
Despite the fact that I've put like, 40 or so hours into the game, I have done maybe like a 1/3 of the main quest.

Bethesderp needs to have the next Fallout team only study F:NV and Witcher 3 for structure inspiration.
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #435 on: December 22, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »
I'm about 30 hours in and I have only done the initial introduction to diamond city.  I lost a few hours yesterday.  I went to load my save and it was corrupted :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
I understanding wanting to have more options in RPGs like Fallout, ect., but putting in that kind of effort to play through the game without killing anybody [directly]...I just don't get that. Just doesn't really seem like fun, more like a chore with no reward.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #438 on: December 29, 2015, 09:38:22 PM »
I understanding wanting to have more options in RPGs like Fallout, ect., but putting in that kind of effort to play through the game without killing anybody [directly]...I just don't get that. Just doesn't really seem like fun, more like a chore with no reward.

spergs gonna special fellow, dog

There are legit criticisms to be made of Fallout 4. The fact that you basically CAN'T play as evil is bullshit. The dialog choices are often shitty and don't fully represent what you're going to say. The story is asinine and poorly developed, and doing the things that the game is actually good at/are fun (exploring and settlement building) makes the story seem even stupider. OH NOES MY SON IS GONE LET ME WANDER AROUND AND REBUILD SOCIETY, THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND DOESN'T GO AGAINST THE URGENCY OF A RESCUE MISSION.

But people who lament the fact that they can't beat a game set in a post apocalyptic wasteland without killing anyone are fucksticks. So what if the first two let you do it? It was a dumb choice for this sort of game. Fuck off with your stupidity and go sit in the NMA forums where you belong, shitlords.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
Many A True Nerd's kill everything runs seem more appealing, if incredibly bleak. I tried that once in New Vegas, but couldn't get past Goodsprings because it was too depressing. :stahp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #440 on: December 30, 2015, 07:38:17 AM »
I hate when I choose a dialogue option that I think is going to insult someone and instead it's a snarky way of saying "I'll help"

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #441 on: December 30, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »
I hate when I choose a dialogue option that I think is going to insult someone and instead it's a snarky way of saying "I'll help"

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

Best mod for that.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #442 on: January 01, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
A couple of other useful mods imo.

Better Armor Mods Descriptions

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5028/?

Better Weapon Mod descriptions

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4760/?

These mods basically give you the actual stat information on these things instead of the vague "better" terms used in the vanilla game.

Working Food Planters - instead of having to use whatever random ground spaces are around.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1490/?

Craftable Ammo - Not sure why this wasn't in the base game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/798/?

Better warning for settlements being attacked
  - More noticable pop-up for when your settlements are under attack.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4106/?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:37:14 PM by Stoney Mason »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #443 on: January 01, 2016, 09:58:50 PM »
It sucks to be in console :(

Stoney Mason

« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2016, 11:34:24 PM »
It sucks to be in console :(

At least the mods or a sub-set of them will come to consoles this gen.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2016, 11:36:11 PM »
Just downloaded all those mods.  :lawd

Stoney Mason

« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2016, 11:50:28 PM »
I'm always of two minds on this stuff.

On one hand obviously I think the mod scene for Bethesda games is just the most awesome thing going in gaming. The community completely transforms these games into masterpieces by the time they are done with them.

On the other hand I feel like Bethesda overly takes advantage of this. You can tell that a lot of design stuff in their games hasn't gone through multiple iterations. It's like the first or second pass. Because they know the community will come around and fix and improve everything. It's a very weird thing. I can't think of any other game company that is in the situation they are.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #447 on: January 02, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
One final really good one for now.

Better maps that shows roads. Sounds minor but its very useful

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215/?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »
Upcoming DLC:

dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
NOTE: They're upping the price of the Season Pass from $29.99 to $49.99, but if you've already bought it or if you buy it before March 1st, you still get everything for $29.99. Far Harbor alone is going to cost $24.99.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »
Thanks for looking out, Joe.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2016, 02:56:35 PM »
damn now i gotta decide quick if i should jump on board now or wait till goty edition.
pcp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #452 on: February 16, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »
Wait with me. We're gonna eat, with bug-fixes out the ass and mature mods. :aah

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #453 on: February 16, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »
lol

bethesda and bug fixes
püp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #454 on: February 16, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »
Community patches tho.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #455 on: February 16, 2016, 11:01:16 PM »
Wasteland Workshop will let me build my own Thunderdome

:lawd
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2016, 07:51:56 PM »
Automatron's out today!
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2016, 03:41:43 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
Bethesda is also hosting mods on their own website now:

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/mods
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
Bethesda is also hosting mods on their own website now:

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/mods

I don't like that. I like Mods to be a separate thing where the company doesn't have control.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
I don't think they're really applying much control at all at this point [though they always could in the future, certainly],mostly just nixing stuff that's blatantly offensive or contains copyrighted material. But, like with Steam offering mod support, I'll probably just end up going to Nexus anyway.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »
Far Harbor is out today.
dog

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #462 on: September 01, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »
Nuka World is pretty cool

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #463 on: September 01, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »
Nuka World and Far Harbor have been great expansions, didn't really care too much about the rest.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #464 on: September 01, 2016, 08:31:46 PM »
dog

« Reply #465 on: September 23, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »
I've been playing this on Xbox One recently and while it is by far the best trash collecting video game I've ever played. The game is not Fallout or even distopian post-apocalyptic Skyrim. It's a settlement building and management game set in a janky open world shooter.

Still, it scratches that compulsive itch certain video games do well and hits the right dopamine releasing parts of my brain. Look for garbage, kill the people guarding the garbage, and take the garbage back to my settlements to use to build things. It's basically realistic Minecraft.

I really like being able to load mods on Xbox One. What a great feature! I've never played these on PC so it's a whole new world for me.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #466 on: September 25, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »
What are some good mods on the Xbox one to download?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #467 on: September 25, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
I've been out of the mod scene for that game for awhile as I decided to delay my playthrough until all the DLC came out. I would probably just look at the top files on the nexus and see which of those have been brought over as the top downloaded ones tend to be the essential ones.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/top/?

« Reply #468 on: October 03, 2016, 03:50:11 PM »
I lost Dogmeat. Fuck this game :(

« Reply #469 on: October 16, 2016, 02:47:11 PM »
Just realized that by not doing the main quest I've been doing almost entirely radiant quests for Brotherhood of Steel and Minutemen. I'm level 40. :(

Stoney Mason

« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »
Just realized that by not doing the main quest I've been doing almost entirely radiant quests for Brotherhood of Steel and Minutemen. I'm level 40. :(

lol. Yeah one of my pet peeves in the new breed of Elder Scroll games is how they mix radiant quests and real quests without sometimes clearly labeling them. Any radiant quest should be labeled as such imo.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »
What does it say about normal quests though if you don't notice the difference? :doge

« Reply #472 on: October 16, 2016, 08:48:16 PM »
It made sense to me that the BoS needed more technology and the Minutemen needed me to save the settlements. I was waiting so patiently for them to finally say that I did a good job and they were going to reward me with a real quest. :(

« Reply #473 on: November 14, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
What are some good mods on the Xbox one to download?

So I finished my first play through with the Minutemen destroying the Syndicate and then the BoS, but since I was already so high in the levels it was very easy. I decided to start another play through, this time on Survival difficulty.

To go along with a fresh start and Survival, I am using these mods (the first one works best with a new game):

Game changers:

Immersive-Gameplay - Complete overhall. Changes so many things, but essentially makes the game more difficult by upping weapon damage, making it harder to kill large animals and robots, localize damage, etc. But it also adds a million other tweaks that I’ve enjoyed as well like organize inventory, more realistic crafting, tweaked perks, etc. It starts you off with a bunker under your house full of weapons and armor to help you, but my first couple hours in the game were spent dying over and over (and not having a recent save because of Survival difficulty) until I understood how to play this new version of Fallout 4. It slows the game down a lot and makes you much more aware when wandering the wasteland, carefully listening for bad guys. Accidentally running into a small group of raiders is now a life or death event. I love it.

[XBOX1] Modern Firearms (Tactical Edition) - Adds new weapons. There’s a corresponding patch to make it Immersive-Gameplay compatible.

Crossbows of the Commonwealth - Adds crossbows. This is especially useful with Immersive-Gameplay because stealthiness is required and the crossbows are quiet. Also a corresponding patch for Immersive-Gameplay.

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - Supposedly fixes the game. I dunno, I haven’t had any problems using it.

Colorful survival icons - Good for a Survival play though because at a glance you can tell how thirsty/hungry/etc. you are without going into the Pipboy

Reneer’s Destructible lights - You can shoot out lights and it makes it harder to be detected. Splinter Cell time!

Start Me Up - Quick start a new game without going through all the story stuff

Everyone’s Best Friend - You can have Dog and a companion now

Player skill based hacking - Now either you have the skill to hack a terminal and it instantly opens or you don’t. Don’t have to do the mini game anymore.

Immersive Drumlin Diner xbox - Turns Drumlin diner outside of Concord into something a little more realistic. More stuff to loot if you’re into that

Dogmeat’s Backpack - You can craft a backpack for you and the dog. Now you have an extra 250 weight limit or something which helps a lot

Campsite (XBOX) - Adds craftable sleeping bags, tents, campfires, etc. Very useful on survival difficulty when you’re far from home and need to rest

Visual stuff:

Another Green Mod - This is my favorite mod that changes the foliage. Adds nice looking bushes and trees with leaves and whatnot. I figure after 200 years that stuff would grow back.

Natural & Atmospheric Commonwealth - I tried a few of the weather changers but I like this one the best because it overhalls everything. New weather, lighting, sounds, etc. Makes the nights darker which I like because it makes them more challenging. The weather is much more dynamic and fun.

Pip-boy flashlight - Focuses the pip boy light instead of it glowing like a lantern. It’s like Doom.

Visible Galaxy 4K - Nice looking nighttime sky

Realistic Ragdoll Force - Bodies slump down instead of flying off when shot. Small touch that I prefer.

I don’t really recommend any of the mods at that add content like Crowded Commonwealth, Plenty ‘o’ Exploration, etc. They seem amateurish, don’t fit in with the game, and just add rooms behind load doors.

With all the aforementioned mods loaded, it really is like an entirely different game. It’s scarier. Makes it a bit more like tactical shooters than a traditional Fallout game. If you don’t want to use Modern Firearms, I recommend Realistic Sound XB1. Makes everything sound more atmospheric by adding reverb. Now when a shot rings out in the woods it echoes like in real life. It doesn’t work with Modern Firearms, though.

I’m really glad Xbox added mods!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #474 on: November 15, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »
Thanks!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #475 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:13 PM »
Bethesda just released a 50gb high resolution texture update today.
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »
The official high rez texture packs from them tend to be outpaced by the modding community eventually anyway.