Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5970951 times)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #21780 on: July 19, 2018, 08:49:23 PM »
All those years, being mocked for not joining Facebook, being made to feel a pariah, an outcast, being called a weirdo, being unable to form tangible relationships with strangers in the night because I wasn't on Facebook...
:doge
Oi Oi

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21781 on: July 19, 2018, 08:50:06 PM »
Sweet nicole is a good example of what happens, when you give mentally ill people power. :trumps

vote kanye
trans=menal illness  8)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21782 on: July 19, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
please don't insult the mentally ill

It's ok i had a mental pet pig once.

I shit you not, it could only walk backwards.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #21783 on: July 19, 2018, 09:01:11 PM »
what do you guys expect though? expecting anything deeper than "your dum haha librals so trigered" is expecting blood from a stone. he has the intellect and writing style of someone with a fresh headwound

Well, he finally gave me a opinion without linking an article and going "see, read this! You dumb cuck liberals kekekekekekekeke." So he's turning a corner. :trumps

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #21784 on: July 19, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
Sweet nicole is a good example of what happens, when you give mentally ill people power. :trumps

vote kanye
trans=menal illness  8)

Bad dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21785 on: July 19, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Spreading rhetoric associated with hate and harassment movements
A rep posted this on the GOG subreddit;

The replies sure are something.
Someone posted this too. As if the actions of some individuals reflect the whole movement.

[Mod Edit: Removed links to Twitter linked to hate and harassment]

benjipwns

« Reply #21786 on: July 19, 2018, 10:20:07 PM »
So yeah, I'm Konrad from that Reddit thread. Hello everybody!

This is kind of a spot-on interpretation of what happened. "The game is so crude so hey, let's go with this." Out of the two people who regularly work with our social accounts, neither of us was aware that it's far more deliberate and loaded imagery than just your run of the mill, bone-cutting, piss-on-journalism edge.

I gotta say, what gets me the hardest is stuff like "Oh, you guys took a stance but got bullied into apologizing".
I mean no – I'm sitting right here and it's not what happened, there was no stance, only a careless tweet. The outcry did make us aware of the implication. Good. Now we know and we're better for it.
Are you better enough to pull the game from your platform?
:whoo

benjipwns

« Reply #21787 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10569056/
So did GoG remove the game since it contains Gamergate propaganda? The tombstone is still in the game am I correct?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10569088/
Why would you think otherwise? Does GOG and CD Projekt have a history of pro-GG behaviour?
Actually, they do, GOG at least - they had a pro-GG thread for ages, as well as several blatant GG pandering groups/recommendations.

It is of course uncertain if that was because of valve-style uncaring ("let the gamers moderate themselves, we're not gonna moderate") or play-asia style active support. It could be either, and we will never know. I'm really trying to be charitable to them, and take them at their word (since the stance they took DID get them GGs opposition, which is good enough for me) - but the history is there, and we shouldn't ignore it outright.

It is all a shame, because I really want to *like* Gog. I want them to be the good competitor to Steam, you know? I would love to be able to recommend them unconditionally!

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10570971/
Highly doubt that's happening, as they obviously do not feel like the game, or its imagery, has any direct relation with the hate movement.
Then their "apology" means nothing.

alright, now we're going places :mynicca

benjipwns

« Reply #21788 on: July 19, 2018, 10:23:56 PM »
No offense, but I find it kind of hard to believe that you work in games PR and didn’t understand this reference. It’s pretty direct.
Gamergate is going into its 4th year next month. If you work in games, ESPECIALLY pr or marketing, it’s irresponsible not to be up on what’s happening.

A gif of someone pissing in a tombstone proclaiming that games journalism committed suicide in August 2014 should already have set off alarm bells for any normal person
Looking at the example from the situation behind this thread is a good case to look at: An image shows pissing on a grave with some words on it and a specific date. Looking up those words might be a good starting point to know what the context is. You're acting like this is an impossible standard, and you're being told by several people with varying degrees of specificity why it's not.

If you type the words "games journalism 2014" into Google, you would have easily gotten the info needed to dodge this situation within the first two results. If you searched "august 28 2014 games journalism," the first 100 results would make it very clear what was going on. Mistakes are possible, and if all you're saying is that, then I don't think anyone disagrees with you, but social media managers have best-practices for avoiding stuff like this. This situation was 100% avoidable.

benjipwns

« Reply #21789 on: July 19, 2018, 10:28:33 PM »
I didn't know anything about GG before this thread, googled it and reading the wiki page is just painful.
Much love to Quinn and every one else harassed by those assholes, and hopefully [victims of GG] they're all living a happy normal life now.
Is there any organization or movement opposing GG? I would really like to give my support.
Seriously, Fuck GG and everyone who participated in their hate actions.
:rejoice hero

For the average person, even a hardcore gamer, checking gaming forums, Twitter etc. on a daily basis. I don’t think they have the slightest idea what ‘Gamergate’ is. I myself have been gaming for 30 years and only seen the term on forums like GAF & ERA. Threads with thousands of responses I never clicked on.
MODS, BAN THIS FILTH FOR PAST CRIMES

Tbh I got a misogynist vibe from the witcher 3, couldn't really explain it.
I don’t believe the image in question would have meant anything to 99.9% of gamers beyond a silly joke about journalistic standards..

Which is where it's most insiduous. The modern methodology to spread right-wing ideology is to couch it in forms where a surface reading might look benign, but it has the dogwhistles there for those who are predisposed to those viewpoints - which in turn can lead people to innocently propogating it due to only seeing the surface.

I've seen this sort of thing happen before - fortunately not been guilty of that propogation myself, but come close on occasion - so I'm inclined to trust GoG when they're putting their hands up and claiming ignorance. That said, it does mean I'll view future postings with a little more of a critical eye as a result, just in case.
oh god i hope this thread goes for 80+ pages like the arenanet catastrophe

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #21790 on: July 19, 2018, 10:58:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10579591/
Guessing all the people on the right half of the room, not cheering or clapping are republicans.
:snoop

Boredfrom

« Reply #21791 on: July 19, 2018, 11:09:12 PM »
Is still funny reading Reee operating in the oldGaf precepts while bitching about it. Still thinking that Play Asia is part of GG because boobs or that GG is involved in everything and the mods are protecting everyone of its influence.

benjipwns

« Reply #21792 on: July 19, 2018, 11:23:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10579591/
Guessing all the people on the right half of the room, not cheering or clapping are republicans.
:snoop
What year was it where during the state of the union there was mixed seating?

Look how far we have fallen from then.
lmfao

Boredfrom

« Reply #21793 on: July 20, 2018, 12:30:37 AM »
Ars Technica Editor:

y'all clearly never check the Japanese eShop lately. this has been on the JPN eShop for a while, along with another coming-soon game, "Library Party," whose third listing image is a cartoon of a guy grabbing a young girl's clothed boob while she has an agonized look on her face. it's serious WTF stuff. uploading image now...

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10581394/

Hard hitting journalism!

benjipwns

« Reply #21794 on: July 20, 2018, 12:40:54 AM »
Looks out of place but not sure what's not family friendly about it! Even by Nintendo standards, you can find way less family friendly stuff in Smash!
Does ERA..... never heard of Gravure idol???? Or even play any VN???

For how much ERA accept Otome game which in its nature is controversial, the reaction on eroge game like nekopara is kinda shocking.
A lot of people can be shockingly racist when it comes to stuff like this. They assume it's the worst filth because it's foreign and they don't understand it.
Yeah, it doesn't seem so much like real concern, people are well aware there is a rating system and that the Switch or any console will block this kind of material from the use by children so long as their parents do their job of parenting. This seems more like the "OMG look at how backwards wacky that Japan is" concern trolling sort.
Coupled with “OMG Nintendo think of the children!”... as if similar stuff doesn’t exist on other storefronts.
:japancry

:miyamoto

benjipwns

« Reply #21795 on: July 20, 2018, 12:42:01 AM »
Threads like these really put into light how many people stay in their small insular corners of the internet.

How do you not know what an eroge is/ not know how popular they are in 2018.
:dead

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #21796 on: July 20, 2018, 12:52:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sam-harris-tweets-support-for-article-claiming-black-people-are-poor-because-of-their-culture.56611/

Sam Harris is racist for tweeting support for a BLACK undergrad's think piece but apparently the author isn't racist? or i'm not sure how this works.

Of course if you read the article there's nothing racist about it. It's simply suggesting that there's more to the wealth inequality amongst Black Americans than just slavery.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21797 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:44 AM »
Threads like these really put into light how many people stay in their small insular corners of the internet.

How do you not know what an eroge is/ not know how popular they are in 2018.

This is the perhaps the greatest post I've ever read. No half-assed quip would do it justice, it is just perfect.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:59:03 AM by KennyLoggins »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #21798 on: July 20, 2018, 12:55:04 AM »
I'm not even going to quote anything from the essay itself, which is a piece by a philosophy major undergrad, because why bother?

Perfection.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #21799 on: July 20, 2018, 12:58:21 AM »
I'm not even going to quote anything from the essay itself, which is a piece by a philosophy major undergrad, because why bother?

Perfection.

Yeah, in a single original post the guy could whip up all this fervor to label someone a racist without a single quote or analysis of why.

benjipwns

« Reply #21800 on: July 20, 2018, 01:11:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/MehrsaBaradaran/status/1020053725723815936

had to lol at someone getting so offended over an undergrad's paper being signal boosted, also calling it "completely garbage argument"

Courses:
Contracts
Banking Law
Bankruptcy

Mehrsa Baradaran joined the University of Georgia School of Law faculty in the fall of 2012. She currently serves as the school's associate dean for strategic inititatives and as a J. Alton Hosch Associate Professor. As associate dean, she focusses on diversity and inclusion efforts, and national and international faculty scholarship recognition. Her teaching portfolio includes Contracts and Banking Law.
ohhh, she's a law professor and "focusses"

benjipwns

« Reply #21801 on: July 20, 2018, 01:12:46 AM »
Quote from: excelsiorlef
I love (read hate) that there is an entire cottage industry for people, who are too embarrassed to admit they're just plain old conservatives, to peddle conservatism under the guide of moderation or even in some cases "part of the left'

These folks know that conservatism is a tainted brand so they tap dance around the label and people buy it.

Just another way the overton window shifts to the right.
How close is Sam Harris to being a full-blown race realist?
He's already there but he's too dishonest to admit it.
Reminder Sam Harris literally believes BLM succeeding would set back race relations by a generation
slay queen

benjipwns

« Reply #21802 on: July 20, 2018, 01:13:50 AM »
Quote from: Messofanego
What did Dawkins say to be lumped with those?
He's just another atheist bigot towards women and Muslims.
All my ERA heroes up in this thread, even Slayven!

benjipwns

« Reply #21803 on: July 20, 2018, 01:14:40 AM »
oh my god, even ENZOM21
So do any of you brave souls who agree want to speak up? We all know you're here, be brave for once and say what you feel.
is this what an orgasm feels like?

agrajag

« Reply #21804 on: July 20, 2018, 01:15:16 AM »
benji, go to bed

benjipwns

« Reply #21805 on: July 20, 2018, 01:16:35 AM »
Harris, Dawkins, et al have followings not because they're great academics but because they justify bigotry. That's their entire schtick and it has been from the start.
someone go tell 2008 me this so i can get ahead of the curve beyond just thinking they were dumb

benjipwns

« Reply #21806 on: July 20, 2018, 01:17:19 AM »
benji, go to bed
WRONG, IT TITANFALL 2 HAPPY HOUR IN THE YUM! BRANDS GROUP, HOLLA, BLESS UP

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i'm the only member :fbm
[close]

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21807 on: July 20, 2018, 01:22:30 AM »
Hahah of course Enzom wants people to “say what they really feel”. He’s constantly desperate for validation of his fucky world view.

jorma

« Reply #21808 on: July 20, 2018, 01:23:55 AM »
I love (read hate) that there is an entire cottage industry for people, who are too embarrassed to admit they're just plain old conservatives, to peddle conservatism under the guide of moderation or even in some cases "part of the left'

These folks know that conservatism is a tainted brand so they tap dance around the label and people buy it.

Just another way the overton window shifts to the right.
How close is Sam Harris to being a full-blown race realist?
He's already there but he's too dishonest to admit it.
Reminder Sam Harris literally believes BLM succeeding would set back race relations by a generation
slay queen

I'm not a professor in overton windows but wouldn't that be a fairly perfect example of a shift to the left?

And by left i really mean "left".
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #21809 on: July 20, 2018, 01:25:57 AM »

had to lol at someone getting so offended over an undergrad's paper being signal boosted, also calling it "completely garbage argument"

Courses:
Contracts
Banking Law
Bankruptcy

Mehrsa Baradaran joined the University of Georgia School of Law faculty in the fall of 2012. She currently serves as the school's associate dean for strategic inititatives and as a J. Alton Hosch Associate Professor. As associate dean, she focusses on diversity and inclusion efforts, and national and international faculty scholarship recognition. Her teaching portfolio includes Contracts and Banking Law.
he corrects her in the comments and she comes off like your typical dumb cunt liberal. it's amazing how smug she is while looking so fucking pathetic.

She blames sames tweet for framing it as if the kid  "debunked" her but his original tweet had nothing of the sort. And she also tries to say she called him a "kid" because sam did but the only part she puts in quotes is the part that wasn't in his tweet lol

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21810 on: July 20, 2018, 01:28:54 AM »

Courses:
Contracts
Banking Law
Bankruptcy

he corrects her in the comments and she comes off like your typical dumb cunt liberal. it's amazing how smug she is while looking so fucking pathetic.

She even tries to walk back her vitriol but ends up bitching about who “supports “ him instead. Harris should link to her book and compliment her, it’d be neat to watch her head explode.

sphagnum

« Reply #21811 on: July 20, 2018, 01:47:31 AM »

Perfection.

Yeah, in a single original post the guy could whip up all this fervor to label someone a racist without a single quote or analysis of why.

I can't help it if you're a complete moron

benjipwns

« Reply #21812 on: July 20, 2018, 01:50:16 AM »
I'm not a professor in overton windows but wouldn't that be a fairly perfect example of a shift to the left?

And by left i really mean "left".
[close]

The Overton Window isn't really like a window or doorway or whatever, it's more like a room.  The way everyone is using it requires a definition of "right" and "left" which nobody ever provides and Overton (yeah, it was a dude) never described it in the way anyone would accept as the "left" and the "right" except for people like me. Glenn Beck made this same mistake before he actually read about it.

benjipwns

« Reply #21813 on: July 20, 2018, 01:51:38 AM »
I commend you on such an ideally positioned thread. :delicious

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #21814 on: July 20, 2018, 01:56:48 AM »

Perfection.

Oh, fuck my bad. I didn't know you were purposely egging REE on.

Truly, masterful work. My apologies good Sir.

:clap

benjipwns

« Reply #21815 on: July 20, 2018, 02:07:37 AM »
...and banned. Good fucking riddance.
Looks like our lovely (banned junior) munkyman33 went straight to Reddit to complain about Resetera moderation on a post that included the fantastic...

honestly, I'd love it if some sociology buff infiltrated resetera and wrote a piece on the echo chamber that is that website, starting with the use of mod power to censor and change conversations, moving on to the fact that they use video games as a political agenda to push their shit and the overall hypocrisy when it comes to being open and inclusive yet hateful against anyone differing from their opinions.
He was just curious. Just asking questions.
Doxxing! Junior Shaming! Cross forum drama! History of infractions! Posting content from known hate sites!

sphagnum

« Reply #21816 on: July 20, 2018, 02:10:56 AM »

Perfection.

Oh, fuck my bad. I didn't know you were purposely egging REE on.

Truly, masterful work. My apologies good Sir.

:clap

I'm glad that however you take it, my point still stands.

Now excuse me, I've got important work to do here, like watching JAVs

benjipwns

« Reply #21817 on: July 20, 2018, 02:13:42 AM »
i agree there's not really anything worth quoting in that paper, most people in the thread who clicked through read to exactly the point i would have guessed anyway

if they had read farther the Thomas Sowell citation would have given away the argument...assuming they know anything about him, even negative things said about him will do, they don't need to actually read his work

i do disagree about it being a bad paper though, purely from the writer being an undergrad standpoint and not weighting my agreement or disagreement with his conclusion, but then...i've read undergrad papers before...and grad papers...and published papers :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #21818 on: July 20, 2018, 02:38:42 AM »
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, ignoring a modpost, account still in the junior phase, previous ban for similar.

The overwhelming amount of Bernie voters voted Hillary, and most of the rest did not vote, or voted Jill Stein. Your post is an imflammatory lie.

User banned (permanent): Thread necromancy, junior account, prior ban for inflammatory conduct

How come I find out about this report only today?

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/o...-in-al-hamadaniya-and-karm-al-tarrab-in-2016/

OPCW Issues Fact-Finding Mission Reports on Chemical Weapons Use Allegations in Douma, Syria in 2018 and in Al-Hamadaniya and Karm Al-Tarrab in 2016

User Banned (Permanent): Junior account continuing a demonstrable pattern of sexism

Just wish she looked more sexy. Like wearing a tank top and looked more feminine instead of that awful shirt. And that wristband she's wearing looks fugly. Why not a nice bracelet?
:rejoice The Great Junior Culling :rejoice

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #21819 on: July 20, 2018, 02:42:10 AM »
It's your own fault if you have less than 5k posts for a forum that has been open for Over a year!.
sigh

Averon

« Reply #21820 on: July 20, 2018, 02:46:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10588288/

If he didn’t make Marvel movies ResetEra would be faux outraged right now. You guys are so transparent lol

ResetERA annihilated :dead

Look at how eager they are to dismissed these edgy jokes. How many people have they raked over the coals for edgy posts on social media? They down right led the brigade in many instances.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:59:09 AM by Averon »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #21821 on: July 20, 2018, 02:49:04 AM »
Permed
T'Challa Shakur
Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account

Im saying that Americans have no ground to stand on because they have yet to deal with issues such as Systemic Racism, The Prison industrial complex and reparations for Slavery and you just compared me to Kanye "Slavery Was a choice" West....

Im guessing a Blacks sound a like and look a like to you eh?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nearly-80-of-south-koreans-say-they-trust-kim-jong-un.39911/page-3#post-7464245

I may be a asshole but you're the fucking fool who basically used a racial slur against a Black man who has only done good for his community.

The simple fact that you admit to hesitating before posting proves that you know you shouldn't have said it. But you did anyway. You're like the Vietnamese kid who came to the hip hop party sang nicca in a song, caught a beatdown for it and still be obtuse enough to claim that you would have preferred to be corrected a proper way.

Despite by your own admission. Your common sense telling you to STAY IN YO FUCKING LANE.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/chance-the-rapper-apologizes-for-his-statements.39005/page-4#post-7289372

White people raped and stole resources from other countries to prop up their own. Giving back the equivalent in terms of financial value would destroy economics across Europe.

Hope that was clear to you. If that chicken was too spicy I think you have some family thats boiling some.....
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ethiopia-says-british-museum-must-permanently-return-its-artifacts.38348/page-3#post-7154384

Uh huh.  He made an alt account.  Sure.

More like his last three posts were too "real" for the mods to handle. 

Mods . . .

sigh

Averon

« Reply #21822 on: July 20, 2018, 02:49:06 AM »
dp

benjipwns

« Reply #21823 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:21 AM »
Compare and contrast the responses in this thread ("the alt-right is behind this, who cares") with the responses to the Arenanet controversy ("Just because Gamergate is involved doesn't mean they're wrong").
Our underrated hero taking care of business!

benjipwns

« Reply #21824 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:46 AM »
I remember when it was announced that James Gunn was going to direct Guardians of the Galaxy and I was super confused. I was legit wondering if the movie was gonna be rated R or not. Gunn has always been a shock value kind of guy and I don't need Tweets from 10 years ago to know that. Anyway I like Guardians and Gunn already apologized for them so I'm not gonna be outraged by this. Plus it appears to be some alt right bullshit and I know I'm not aiding their bullshit in anyway.
Looks like James Gunn tweeting Fuck you to trump and other GOP has Cernovich and his lackeys fuming. They aren't clever or funny jokes and they are 7 years old. James Gunn made the PG Porn series etc. That was his style at that point in time and it follows the kind of "provocative" stuff a number of people tried to use. Right Wingers trying to get lefties to eat their own yet again

benjipwns

« Reply #21825 on: July 20, 2018, 02:55:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1020190132568141831

It's okay everyone. He grew up and now retweets war mongering conservatives who happen to hate Trump. Just like a real person of his age.

:dead :dead

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #21826 on: July 20, 2018, 02:57:51 AM »
The court of public opinion!
:9

clothedmacuser

« Reply #21827 on: July 20, 2018, 02:58:48 AM »
Digital OP on the case.

He got banned for a thread but got permd for making an alt.

Soooo Im led to believe that ERA is able to detect when Alts are made and refuses to act until someone posts their foolishness......

And thats not to include the few Ive seen with visible Alt tags posting around.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-3-400-years-of-choices.40002/page-239#post-10575570

Oh shit, he sees us.

Quote from: Digital OP
All I can say is that right now it looks like ERA has the ability to know when Alts are made and dont do anything.

Going for TChalla when alts are all over this board looks political

It's funny how Lime and that dude on GAF who was 40 and asking why don't we just make it illegal for Reps to block a Supreme Court Nom simply gave up on politics once Era opened.  But DigitalOP has had an awakening over it.  Along with Shinobi he's the new breed of "I"m 23 and am finally of voting age!"

Modern day lime.

https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/vip/lime/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:03:24 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #21828 on: July 20, 2018, 02:59:39 AM »
I watched HHH fuck a doll in a casket once on live TV and grew up listening to Stern. Guess I'm kinda immune to shock humor but none of those "jokes" came off crazy.
former Vice President Hubert Horatio Humphrey? :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #21829 on: July 20, 2018, 02:59:47 AM »
Oh no, not things that can interfere with our continued consumption of marvel movies  :stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #21830 on: July 20, 2018, 03:01:43 AM »
all the comparisons to Snyder in that thread...

RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT

RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT OF JAMES GUNN'S TWEETS
[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #21831 on: July 20, 2018, 03:01:47 AM »
FUCK BATMAN

benjipwns

Averon

« Reply #21833 on: July 20, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »
The hypocrisy in that James Gunn thread is more funny than anything because of how blatant it is. 99% of the time, Ree is unforgiving and brutal when it comes to things like this. But now a Marvel movie maker is caught up in it this time, and since we can't stop watching/supporting/ball fondling Disney, forgiveness and context and the notion that people can change over time and the passage of time now matters when it didn't in all those other cases.

agrajag

« Reply #21834 on: July 20, 2018, 03:06:24 AM »
Silly Reee, it's so much easier to just not be morally outraged 24/7. Set yourselves freeeee

benjipwns

« Reply #21835 on: July 20, 2018, 03:06:49 AM »
now now, I'm sure they'd make an exception for Nintendo too

or journalists

agrajag

« Reply #21836 on: July 20, 2018, 03:09:42 AM »
now now, I'm sure they'd make an exception for Nintendo too

or journalists

*vidya game "journalists"

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #21837 on: July 20, 2018, 03:10:55 AM »
I think the Gunn thread had two things against it

1) Misleading title

2) Outrage culture denizens are still fast asleep

I find people trying to make it a DC vs. Marvel thing funny as hell. Gotta take any point for team DC, even off the back of rape joke tweets.

benjipwns

« Reply #21838 on: July 20, 2018, 03:14:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-every-election-since-2004-i-just-select-democrat-without-any-research-on-specific-individuals.56628/
That's how I roll. Ever since I became of voting age.

When it comes down to Democrat vs Republican on a ballot, I don't need to know anything else about the two candidates. That's how badly the Republicans have devolved.

In the next presidential election cycle, it won't matter to me who the Democratic ticket is. Michael Avenatti and Alec Baldwin? Sure, they get my vote. It could be disgraced badboys Elliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner making a comeback into politics. I would vote for them without hesitation.
neat

benjipwns

« Reply #21839 on: July 20, 2018, 03:15:23 AM »
*vidya game "journalists"
right i said journalists