10 (38.5%)
Juno (haha)
2 (7.7%)
Michael Clayton
3 (11.5%)
Atonement
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Evilbore's Academy Award for Best Picture and Academy Awards Discussion Thread  (Read 16176 times)

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
COEN BROS!  YEEEEAAAHH!!  No Country For Losers!  :bow
:)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
My brother: why aren't any Americans winning anything

:lol

Tauntaun

It's the turrrists. :gun

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

:rofl
PS4

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
BOURNE IS LEADING IN AWARDS RIGHT NOW :rock
AMC

Phoenix Dark

Holy shit Whittiker sure was feeling her up  :lol

Bourne :bow

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Ghost Dog is gonna hit that

AMC

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Yep, here's the "OMG ELLEN PAGE LOST" post.

Even though out of all of them, she probably should have won.

But, since you guys are going to trash Juno anyways, here's your fuel
HLR

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Bloodwake, did you see La Vie en Rose? By all accounts, Cotillard went through an amazing transformation for the role of Edith Piaf.  Everything I've read indicates she worked the hardest and deserved it the most.

Also, she's prettier than Ellen Page.
PS4

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Yeah, that chick was gorgeous.
AMC

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Not giving it to Ellen Page is just their way of seeming fair when they give Juno Best Picture.  They can't have their favorite, but shitty, movie sweeping.  That would look suspicious.
serge

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Not giving it to Ellen Page is just their way of seeming fair when they give Juno Best Picture.  They can't have their favorite, but shitty, movie sweeping.  That would look suspicious.

Why not? They did it for Return of the King!
PS4

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
BOURNE!! The best edited and mixed movie of the year!!
AMC

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
WHAT THE FUCK? GIVE A FUCKING AWARD TO CLOONEY YOU HOMOS!

NO

HE IS A GAY
PS4

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

I can't wait to buy the Bourne Trilogy on the One True HD Format, Blu-rayTM
乱学者

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

I can't wait to buy the Bourne Trilogy on the One True HD Format, Blu-rayTM

The 360 HD-DOA drive is only $50, you cheapo.  Your average meal in France probably cost more than that. 

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Propecia costs more than that!
PS4

Tauntaun

Propecia costs more than that!

The crack whore?

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Bloodwake, did you see La Vie en Rose? By all accounts, Cotillard went through an amazing transformation for the role of Edith Piaf.  Everything I've read indicates she worked the hardest and deserved it the most.

Also, she's prettier than Ellen Page.

I will watch it now, that's for sure.

But Ellen Page is my age and has similar tastes, and I want to do her.
HLR

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
She's got delicate features.  Very pretty girl.
PS4

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
WHAT THE FUCK? GIVE A FUCKING AWARD TO CLOONEY YOU HOMOS!

Actually, replace CLOONEY with DAY FUCKING LEWIS and you will have gotten it correctly.
HLR

Phoenix Dark

ENCHANTED OWNED

Tauntaun

ENCHANTED OWNED

:kylielaff :kylielaff :kylielaff

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
NOOO CHEEBS PUT THE GUN DOWN
PS4

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
ENCHANTED OWNED

That Once song is pretty good.
AMC

Robo

i can't wait to watch puff daddy's A RAI$IN IN DA $UN, only on ABC
obo

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I wonder how Sidney Poitier feels about P. Diddly taking on that role.
PS4

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
oh, did Falling Slowly win?

:bow Once :bow

my favorite movie of 2007 :)
乱学者

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I probably should see it since it's my avatar's favorite movie of 2007.  :o
AMC

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
THERE WILL BE BLOOD won for BEST FUCKING CINEMATOGRAPHY

And guess what? It deserved it.
HLR

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
what's with the Oscars this year?

all the movies that deserve awards are winning them!

and all the movies that don't (c.f. Juno), aren't

EDIT: Actually, all this built-up Good Decision karma can only end in a Best Picture win for Juno :gloomy
乱学者

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Golden Compass?
AMC

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Just wait till Best Picture.  Jake Yenor will be vindicated.
PS4

TVC15

I dunno, I'm watching Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford right now, and this is one of the best photographed films I've seen in recent years.  I'd be surprised if TWBB is better.
serge

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Michael Moore is upset. Wow.
HLR

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

I dunno, I'm watching Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford right now, and this is one of the best photographed films I've seen in recent years.  I'd be surprised if TWBB is better.

Just from TWO PICS I've seen in the GAF thread, it looked fucking amazing. I'll probably watch it either tonight or tomorrow. Plus, like Children of Men last year, it really wasn't nominated for anything else. Would've liked to see it win.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 12:36:03 AM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

Rman

Cheebs vindicated.

Phoenix Dark

CHEEBS VINDICATED 

edit: beaten wtf

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Fuck Cheebs.

Talk about those fucking awesome shots from Jesse James. Orgasmic.
AMC

Rman

:lol :lol :lol

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
He's masturbating to Diablo Cody RIGHT NOW

but he can't get hard so he's looking at pictures of PD on the EB picture thread to help
PS4

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
If Diablo Cody can win an Oscar,so can I.
Boo

TVC15

Re: Evilbore's Academy Award for Best Picture and Academy Awards Discussion Thre
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2008, 12:41:29 AM »

Just from TWO PICS I've seen in the GAF thread, it looked fucking amazing. I'll probably watch it either tonight or tomorrow. Plus, like Children of Men last year, it really wasn't nominated for anything else. Would've liked to see it win.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

The whole movie looks that good, too.  There are like no throwaway shots.  It's like a Kubrick or Malick film, where you get the idea that they spent lots and lots of time to make sure every shot looked like a masterpiece.
serge

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Re: Evilbore's Academy Award for Best Picture and Academy Awards Discussion Thre
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2008, 12:42:58 AM »
Those are some pretty good shots.

There was one sequence where the Oil rig exploded that was just fucking beautiful though.
HLR

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2008, 12:48:57 AM »
Daniel Day-Lewis, aka BEST ACTOR EVER, wins for There Will Be Blood
HLR

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
BIGGEST LOCK EVER

He knew he had that shit locked up.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2008, 12:49:50 AM »
DDL :bow

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
MILES TRAHAN DRINKS HIS MILKSHAKE
PS4

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2008, 12:51:44 AM »
Fuck Miles Trahan's opinions, he deserved it anyways.

Seriously.
HLR

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Now for best director...if the Coens win it, that means Juno will win best picture.
PS4

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2008, 12:55:51 AM »
just say no to jew nose
乱学者

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Now for best director...if the Coens win it, that means Juno will win best picture.

Please don't be true.
AMC

TVC15

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2008, 12:56:39 AM »
Coens won! Yay!  This should be their like at least third win for Best Director, but this'll do for a start.
serge

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2008, 12:58:12 AM »
Awesome for the Coens. Kudos to them (should have won for FARGO)
HLR

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno Juno JuNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mark my words, Juno's gonna win it.
PS4

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
Blah, wanted to see TWBB win, but this is fine too.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »
I can't complain. But SMH @ the homosexual evading my privacy :puch

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2008, 01:00:45 AM »
HAHAA FUCK YOU JUNO DIDNT WIN

Seriously Ichi I'm tired of this let's let this movie win so we can bash Trahan/Yenor shit.

No Country... I can live with it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There Will Be Blood should have won
[close]
HLR

TVC15

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2008, 01:01:42 AM »
Awesome for the Coens. Kudos to them (should have won for FARGO)

I personally don't think Fargo is in the upper echelon of Coen films.

Lebowski, O Brother, Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing. . .I think that's their A List thus far.
serge