Author Topic: I just joined OKCupid...  (Read 15051 times)

FatalT

Re: I just joined OKCupid...
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2008, 08:03:08 AM »
does the im thing work in firefox?

and why do i only get girls who are "seeing someone" messaging me out of the blue? :gloomy

They're teasing you. At least you haven't had a 44 year old gay dude scope out your page. *shudders*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 08:06:17 AM by FatalT »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
i think the fact there's not many people from here on the site i may get away without that.
itm

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2008, 08:43:58 AM »
Man what the hell. OKCupid is making me hate myself. According to it, I'm a greedy, perverted bastard who doesn't care about things in the world or anything related to the past and only cares about sex instead of love. WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEEEEEE?! :(

aren't you a teenager?

that's absolutely normal
Tonya

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »
Hmmm, I dunno about what to do about the chick who wants the NSA thing... depends on how horny and dumb I am feeling friday morning  :-*

I have had a problem with girls mailing me back on OKC as well, I got into a nice convo with some girl from Brooklyn (granted, a bit of a trip for me - like an hour away), but when I asked her if she wanted to meet up in the city for lunch, I got a msg a few days later . Also emailed this girl with an absolutely AMAZING taste in music (mentioned AVB, Gabriel and Dresden, Sasha and Digweed, Markus Schulz, etc.) got a response back, but never a follow-up to that. Most of these girls don't woo back or email back, it really sucks. I have much more success on Match - I think that if you're a girl that's paying for Match, you're gonna want to get your money out of it, so you'd be more quick to respond or wink back if you're even remotely interested.

I've been using OKC for like 2-3 years now and I have only met 2 girls from there in person (compared to like 50+ from Match). One of them, we got along amazingly... she had my slightly racist, off-kilter sense of humor, liked anime, open to new things (took her into a chiptunes show and she loved it), was starting to get into oldskool games... but I wasn't sure whether or not to go for it because she was almost 6' tall and had a thick build (she was bigger than me)... really cute face though. She was part Polish too.  :-* Was too indecisive about things and then when I finally realized "who cares about how tall/thick she is?" she met someone else, who is like 6'6" or something. He's a nice guy but very awkward. So yeah, that was my biggest regret, not going out with her :( The worst is, she tells me that she hits the gym like 4 times a week doing cardio in an attempt to get into shape... and she listens to my mixes when she works out too!
^_^

DJ_Tet

« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »
Maybe you can nail her when she's engaged too  :-*
TIT

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »
Maybe you can nail her when she's engaged too  :-*

:lol this post made my day!
^_^

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2008, 01:10:13 PM »
but I wasn't sure whether or not to go for it because she was almost 6' tall and had a thick build (she was bigger than me)...

pretty cool girl who messages me sometimes lately is 6'1" <3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 01:13:22 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

FatalT

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »
Some girl sent me a "Woo!" but I have no idea what that means. Is that the mating call of OKCupid?

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »
Some girl sent me a "Woo!" but I have no idea what that means. Is that the mating call of OKCupid?

it's lame but it means that you have flair

Tonya

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2008, 02:14:55 PM »
it means she likes what she sees in your profile but couldn't be bothered to write a real message.  I block them myself.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:51:40 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Robo

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »
it's the equivilent of winking at someone in real life, only because it's the internet, it's twice as creepy and bizarre.
obo

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
i could understand wooing someone if messages cost money. but they don't so it makes no sense.
itm

FatalT

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
I think I'll turn woo's off then.

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »
Wow, every girl within 100 miles of me is apparently vile looking.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2008, 09:36:31 PM »
I changed some of the answers for my older questions and answered some new ones; now I have some decent matches. My best match, at 86%, is a good looking, bisexual, blonde, Swedish exchange student. IT ALL SOUNDS SO MADE UP. 

FatalT

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »
I changed some of the answers for my older questions and answered some new ones; now I have some decent matches. My best match, at 86%, is a good looking, bisexual, blonde, Swedish exchange student. IT ALL SOUNDS SO MADE UP. 

Cheater.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »

Cheater.
Welcome to the mating game.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »
Wow, every girl within 100 miles of me is apparently vile looking.

Same here. A few cuties but I pretty much have to put "Find Anywhere" which defeats the purpose. I also got 2 new perks "More Introverted" and "More Romantic" so they pretty much nullify eachother!
:9

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »

I am more athletic, more economically free, more independent, more mathematically inclined, more lawful, more literary, more scientific, and more trusting. I am also less dorky, less indie, less desiring of love, less emotional, less spiritual, less sloppy, and less thrifty.

Robo

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »
I'm sitting on more aggressive, more artistic, less old-fashioned, less of a planner, less pure, less sloppy, less spiritual, more emotional.

Last week I earned a LESS FRIENDLY (how the fuck was this determined?) and went back and changed a few questions to lose it, did so, and gained less sloppy, and more competitive, which has now mysteriously disappeared.  I also seem to have lost "more adventurous".
obo

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2008, 10:39:39 PM »
I also seem to have lost "more adventurous".

That sucks; it's such a great album. Not as good as The Execution of All Things, however.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2008, 10:41:14 PM »
Here are mine (I'm at 4 Stars btw)

"More Adventurous" "More Compassionate" "Less Greedy" "Less Mathmatically Inclined" "More Introverted" "More Kinky" "More Desiring of Love" "Less Pure" "Less Old-Fashioned" "Less Scientific" "More Desiring of Sex" "More Emotional" "More Romantic" "More Well-Mannered"

Robo

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:15 PM »
I also seem to have lost "more adventurous".

That sucks; it's such a great album. Not as good as The Execution of All Things, however.

They'll never top Take Offs and Landings.  That's only a testament to how good it is.
obo

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »

"More Adventurous" "More Compassionate" "Less Greedy" "Less Mathmatically Inclined" "More Introverted" "More Kinky" "More Desiring of Love" "Less Pure" "Less Old-Fashioned" "Less Scientific" "More Desiring of Sex" "More Emotional" "More Romantic" "More Well-Mannered"
You're my opposite!

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2008, 10:49:06 PM »
Woah I was just reading this whole thread and realized Willco and CG broke up. I missed so much.  :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

You're my opposite!

opposites attract.  Time to start sending each other woo's! 

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »
:omg

Malek :-*

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »
[youtube=425,350]FbknGnZXHUk[/youtube]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »
Thats OKCupid in a nutshell. The weird Male Furry trying to chase the hot Artistic Dancer

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »
:bow :bow :bow PAULA ABDUL :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

My highest match is a curly black haired girl from Plainview (surely a Jew)... I'm not sure if this should be a surprise or not  :lol

Anyways, the girl who wanted the NSA sexual encounter with me... the one with the fiance... I basically told her that I would feel guilty going behind her fiance's back, but if she ever breaks up with him to not forget about me, and she just said "ow, harsh!"... I feel good that I took the moral high ground in this situation.
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »
I'm disappointed in you. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »
I'm proud of you tiesto.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2008, 11:37:25 PM »
I posted the same question on NeoGAF and the variation in responses was surprising... but one of my closest friends and my own personal belief system won out against my horniness... I'm sure there will be other girls who are just as, if not better, looking who will want me :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:39:26 PM by tiesto »
^_^

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2008, 11:43:19 PM »
Definitely the better route to take Tiesto. I mean, imagining yourself as the "Fiance" and having your Wife-to-be go out on OKCupid having sex with different guys? I just feel bad that the guy probably doesn't know and if she didn't get her bootycall from you, she'll be getting it from someone else.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »
Definitely the better route to take Tiesto. I mean, imagining yourself as the "Fiance" and having your Wife-to-be go out on OKCupid having sex with different guys? I just feel bad that the guy probably doesn't know and if she didn't get her bootycall from you, she'll be getting it from someone else.

Yeah, exactly... I would hate for this to happen to me, and it definitely sucks that the guy is gonna get screwed over no matter what happens...

Anyways, Friday night I'm going over this girl's apartment that I've been on 2 dates with already... short music teacher who is Italian and Polish (best combo EVER)... the last date ended up with us making out for an hour straight... this time she is gonna cook for me... hopefully I will still get some action, in a much more morally sound way  :D
^_^

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2008, 12:01:08 AM »

I am more athletic,

Forgive me, Malek, but unless I'm missing something: :lol

Woah I was just reading this whole thread and realized Willco and CG broke up. I missed so much.  :-\

Yeah, I missed that too.

Anyway, I don't understand you people who have had such success with OKcupid.  My experience with the site was that I was rarely "stalked" and almost no women returned my messages. 

And I look better than all y'all fools. :P
MMA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2008, 12:03:26 AM »
Welp, reading Boogie's message confirmed my fears. I think girls join this site for male recognition and thats it. The exceptions are either real deep in the muck that is all the other chicks or have met up with another OKCupider already.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2008, 12:11:22 AM »

More
athletic. Have you seen some of the fatties on that site?

Also, I've been exercising four or five times a week since December. Currently I'm jogging five times a week.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2008, 12:14:22 AM »
Thats a jog to the liquor store every day right? 

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:40 AM »

More
athletic. Have you seen some of the fatties on that site?

Also, I've been exercising four or five times a week since December. Currently I'm jogging five times a week.

A) I can't say I've ever paid attention to the male competition on the site.  Though I have noticed that the women tend to be thick.

B) Good to hear. *thumbs up*
MMA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »
Holy shit, I just ran across a girl with

1) 76% Match

2) 85% Friend

3) Hot Asian (not really into Asians but shes very cute)

and drumroll please

4) She sounds like a shutin

:drool

Unfortantely shes got a kid and she "keeps up with Bleach manga"

;_;

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »
Welp, reading Boogie's message confirmed my fears

Well, keep in mind that I have no seductive skills and have a girlfriend purely by chance. :lol
MMA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2008, 12:37:31 AM »
Well, a girl just IM'ed via OKCupides IM system. Shes cute and is into my Photography :D :drool

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2008, 01:14:30 AM »
my stalk per week fell back under 100  :'(
QED

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2008, 01:22:21 AM »
Every girl seems to come with some really bad quirk. Theres one thats seriously hot and is short as hell (the height bar is set by ME and my short ass) but shes states in her profile that shes like ALL ADAM SANDLER MOVIES

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I understand thats compromising always happening in a relationship but still. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:21 AM »
my matches are pretty damn cool honestly.   8)
if only I could get the fuck back to Portland already  :maf
and didn't have fucking hideous acne that decided to suddenly start up again this spring  :maf :-X :'( :maf
i'm sure it'll leave yet ANOTHER layer of dense scarring, too.
QED

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2008, 01:33:23 AM »
my matches are pretty damn cool honestly.   8)
if only I could get the fuck back to Portland already  :maf
and didn't have fucking hideous acne that decided to suddenly start up again this spring  :maf :-X :'( :maf
i'm sure it'll leave yet ANOTHER layer of dense scarring, too.

Post or PM a pic of this scaring.  i think my face is starting to get scars too.   :'(

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2008, 01:40:01 AM »
No camera.
QED

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2008, 02:14:07 AM »
Way too many ambitious women on this site (as I stated before), I feel like a schmuck when I try to message some of them.

KARA'S PROFILE: "HI I'M KARA AND I'M GETTING MY PHD IN BIOCHEMISTRY"

ME: "HI, I'M A LOW LEVEL COMPUTER TECH THAT GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WITH MY LIFE YET. HI2U"

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:15:50 AM by BlueTsunami »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2008, 02:21:06 AM »

KARA'S PROFILE: "HI I'M KARA AND I'M GETTING MY PHD IN BIOCHEMISTRY"

Hey baby let's go out. If we have the right chemistry together, we should do something biological.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2008, 02:21:52 AM »
I'm totally using that for the next "out of my league" smart girl

FatalT

« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2008, 01:19:11 AM »
New game plan. Post a few profile snippets of the creepiest person who's stalked your profile. This monster just checked my profile last night.

My self-summary

I am a crass woman who can hold her own. I always have a baby at each teat as I participate in brutal drinking games with the boys. I wear my wimple to bed so as not to be infected with the holy spirit. I kick my heels and castrate whom I choose. My tongue is the most talented in all the land. I am the very definition of notoriety. Once you get to know me, well will it be, you will learn why I have certain of my fingernails clipped short, and certain grown long. I can fill your foreskin with my unholy breath, and you will swear your eyes will never come uncrossed again. Fear me. Loathe me.

What I'm doing with my life

I am looking into shaving dead men's Adam's apples. I plan upon failing most triumphantly.

The six things I could never do without

My urinary tract. A reason to complain. Milk. Excessive leisure time. Sitting. Flatulence.

The most private thing I'm willing to admit here

I have no emotional attachment to my clitoris.

You should message me if

You want to be my love slave.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:22 AM »
Sounds like you should foward that to Junpei

Also, if Boogie's post didn't have you convinced to the colective suctitude of this sites women population, then my cousin has been experiencing the same thing.

He usually pulls hot ass away from the internets but even on OkCupid, WOMEN DO NOT RESPOND TO MESSAGES FROM HIM. Its happened to me, its happened to Boogie and its happening to my cousin. The whole site is one big cocktease. That or the whole damn female community is waiting on that one perfect match thats never going to come.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2008, 01:39:31 AM »
i didn't know so many black girls read harry potter!

I am a 30 yr old female. Who is interested in the Wiccanreligion as a whole. Looking for others who can teach me more about it as well as the gothic lifestyle. My favorite group is evanesence. Love that amy lee.

(interested in casual partners)

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »
So are you taching her how to be white?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2008, 01:51:15 AM »
:o

Shes a Wiccan too which probably means she comes with armpit hair and strange BO. But she is a black women so that could counteract the BO (they always be smellin' good)

So are you taching her how to be white?

I didn't even know Black Wiccan Females existed

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2008, 02:09:31 AM »

Sure, they practice black magic.  :tomato

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2008, 02:20:29 AM »
 :cookiem

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2008, 03:35:10 AM »

Sure, they practice black magic.  :tomato

etiolate

« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2008, 06:31:22 AM »
This thread makes it sound like OkCupid isn't really any different from a myspace or facebook.