Author Topic: I just joined OKCupid...  (Read 15052 times)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: I just joined OKCupid...
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2008, 06:42:25 AM »
That or the whole damn female community is waiting on that one perfect match thats never going to come.

That's hardly limited to OkCupid
itm

aoi tsuki

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
So the EDM girl on Plenty of Fish never got back in touch with me. i called her once a week or so ago, left her a casaul voice mail asking if she wanted to go to a show on the weekend. No response. Really sucks because i wanted to hang out with her. My friend said i should call again, as if she doesn't have my number, email address, IM name, etc.

OTOH, i met a woman that worked at CVS (:-\) a week ago. i wasn't trying to hit on her or anything, but i ended up getting her number and we went out a few days later. We ended up going to an Indian restaurant for our first date (an hour away... bad idea) and she liked pretty much everything, even though she felt sick afterwards. i told her that was pretty typical if you're not used to the spices. Anyways, i was impressed that she would even agree to go given that she's the typical local "suthern" gal type. We went for coffee after that, and had a typical "feed the ducks a stale bagel at the park as i recant a relevant Mitch Hedberg joke and watch the sunset" finisher. i guess the sex back at her house was the real finisher, and a total mistake. She's the shy and kinda clingy girlfriend type. i really need someone who's more independent and less looking for some hunk of man breadwinner to marry her, give her some kids, maybe develop a drinking habit and beat her every now and then but ultimately love her, and so on.

Robo

« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
I don't understand this goddamn website.  I checked it this morning and I noticed I have like 8 brand new badges, but I haven't even used the site in a week or so.  Where the hell are they coming from?
obo

FatalT

« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
I don't understand this goddamn website.  I checked it this morning and I noticed I have like 8 brand new badges, but I haven't even used the site in a week or so.  Where the hell are they coming from?

I think it adds/takes away badges every few days or so.

Robo

« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
What the fuck is the point of that?
obo

aoi tsuki

« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
Badges are based on your responses in quizzes AFAIK. They shouldn't change unless you change the way you respond to those quizzes.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
I think the badges and match %s are only recalculated every so often, so you may just have not seen them last time you were on.
QED

border

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2008, 03:24:52 AM »
I guess the other "online dating" thread is dead now, so I'll post another OKCupid gem here for people's entertainment.  This one was forwarded to me by someone else who collects pathetic profiles.  The girl hasn't logged on in nearly a year, so I don't feel bad about linking her profile as nobody will be able to effectively harass her.  As usual, this one is from the department of Beggars and Choosers:

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/cuddlydoom

I'm a chubby girl. A Fat Kid. I'm overweight and I like myself that way. I don't want to change it. I don't care if you think I'll be more attractive, because if you don't like me now you'll never like me. And I don't care if it will make me healthier - that's never been a concern of mine. I love food and I hate exercise. Listen closely to these words: I do not want to lose weight. I just don't. I think I'm beautiful and sexy. I'm 42-34-42 with huge boobs and a big round ass and I weigh about 250 pounds.

I can't stay awake sometimes without it. Mostly this is because of my sleep disorder - ugliest of all sleep disorders, the sleep disorder of the Elderly and Fat, Sleep Apnea........I go through cycles of depression now and again. It doesn't mean I'll ever kill myself (that's against my religion, you can read about it later), it just means sometimes I really feel like shit for no particular reason. So I turn to my fucked-up coping mechanisms: smoking pot, and self injury. I am a masochist. For me, self-injury is both a release and an expression of my feelings....I scratch and cut my arms, sometimes deeper than is healthy I guess, slap myself, stitch my skin, and pull my own hair. I do enjoy being bitten and having nails dug into me, but only when I say so.

I was raped when I was fourteen. Although I usually tell people it doesn't bother me, in truth it has affected my life profoundly in very negative ways. Because my innocence was stolen from me in such a violent way, I am inable to equate sex with love in any fashion. The two concepts are opposites for me, though I engage in them both with great enthusiasm. I hope someday to meet someone who can show me the true meaning of Making Love. Until then, however, I will always be a broken person, and that is something that everyone that comes close to me has to deal with in their own way. It is painful to talk about, but I prefer to be up front about my past so that there is no confusion later, because sadly once I have sex with someone, I can never grow to truly love them, and if I fall in love with someone I have no desire to have sex with them.

HERE'S THE KICKER:

You should message me if.............You're not a writer or artist (I don't date my peers), but maybe a musician.

Okay, so you are 100-125 pounds overweight (and only going to get heavier since you don't give a shit about your size).  You have severe psychological, emotional, and sexual problems.  And you refuse to date anyone that likes to write or paint.  "I don't date my peers"?  I don't think you are in the position to make such arbitrary decisions, but okay.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:27:04 AM by border »

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2008, 03:32:23 AM »
doom indeed
萌え~

FatalT

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2008, 05:00:20 AM »
41% enemy on that hambeast. Ugh.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2008, 12:34:49 AM »
Two girls IM'ed me that I'm not attracted too at all and now I'm juggline between them. Is that what we call compromise? I WILL NOT GIVE UP
:9

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2008, 12:45:59 AM »
oh god, I must sound real lame to this one girl but I absolutely cannot understand her IM speak, so its mostly made up of me asking a question about the question. I wish I was a dickhead so I could cut the conversation short...I think I'll take super long to answer her question or something.
:9

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2008, 10:42:55 PM »
I just got favorited out of the blue by a (quite attractive looking, to me anyway) girl whose profile appears to have been written by a focus group of Evilbore hipsters.   She lists Infocom text adventures among her interests.  You guys aren't messing with me, are you? 
QED

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
:x
fat

aoi tsuki

« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Post the profile or at least a pic.

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
I'd like to, but I already committed to never posting any girls' pictures/info here.
QED

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2008, 12:21:39 AM »
Been talking to one girl off OKC who lives one town over, we might meet for coffee soon, and another girl been talking to her about desi food, gonna try and build rapport with that one first. Got some new leads with my internet dating game, things have been going pretty well with this one girl I've been dating for the past few weeks but she is EXTREMELY conservative.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2008, 12:26:20 AM »
like give an example of her conservative-ness

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
A female from OKCupid has been IM'ing me for days.  Thinking about asking her out - got burned by my last OKCupid experience pretty bad, though.
PSP

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »
like give an example of her conservative-ness

-28 and a virgin
-Owns an Ann Coulter book
-We were watching TV, I went to the bathroom and she switched the channel over to Fox News
^_^

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
So any of you guys who signed up go to meet up with someone and been bro raped yet?  Do tell.  :-*
:)