Author Topic: ROLL CALL: Who's getting a Wii at launch?  (Read 39117 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: ROLL CALL: Who's getting a Wii at launch?
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »
I am.

Just played the ExciteTruck demo today, could barely tear myself away from it. I was already pretty sure of my Wii purchase, but now I'm LOCKED.

edit: I was already set on it for Zelda, with possible other titles including Monkey Ball, Excitetruck, Metal Slug, Trauma Center, maybe even Rayman. Zelda was the must-have though, and Mario next year. Saw no reason to wait for Mario just to play Zelda, everything else kind of fell into place.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 05:50:01 PM by AdmiralViscen »

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2006, 09:47:28 PM »
I might pick up Trauma Center as well, if money permits.

Zelda and Trauma Center FTMFW.
HLR

Himu

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2006, 11:59:26 PM »
This is the first time in my years of gaming I will get a launch console. Even more history breaking is the fact it will be the first time I get a Nintendo console before the competition.

I like Nintendo just as much as the next guy.  I'm pretty excited about the Wii.

I posted that because it says I'm not that big of a Nintendo fan in the first place. Wii's idea has impressed me so much I'm actually going to gamble and trust Nintendo. Just this once, for the first time ever.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »
You'll be burned Himu, it's not worth it. I speak from experience.

This is one battered woman who's had ENOUGH of Nintendo's abuse.

etiolate

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 12:34:35 AM »
It's too much money, so I had decided a big fat NO to launch and to any launch really.  You get ripped off at launch, but still.

God damn.  Zelda Wii is an evil little voice n your head saying "buy, motherfucker, buy!"

Himu

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 01:03:11 AM »
You'll be burned Himu, it's not worth it. I speak from experience.

This is one battered woman who's had ENOUGH of Nintendo's abuse.

But the Nintendo you know is not the same Nintendo that is releasing Wii. The Nintendo you know is from the GC era. The one I'm growing fond of is the one from the past year.
IYKYK

cubicle47b

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2006, 01:07:47 AM »
I pre-ordered through Amazon so I suppose I'm included even though I won't have the system on launch day.  I'm buying at launch because I'm interested in the waggle and need Zelda and haven't had a Gamecube for several years.  Hopefully between the waggle, some traditional games I can't live without like Fire Emblem / Zelda, the virtual console, and Gamecube support for the few games I missed out on there'll be enough there to keep me happy with the system.  If not, I'm sure I can find a buyer.

At least I pretty much know my system won't start failing on me 6 months after launch.  That's a plus.

Himu

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2006, 01:09:02 AM »
At least I pretty much know my system won't start failing on me 6 months after launch.  That's a plus.

qft
IYKYK

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2006, 02:16:50 AM »
Not getting a Wii is not an option.

HLR

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2006, 02:35:09 AM »
MAF, ban these fegs.
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2006, 02:50:22 AM »
I'm getting Zelda and... a used Gamecube.  :lol

Seriously, I've figured out the way to enjoy Nintendo home consoles.  Buy one at the end of the lifecycle for dirt cheap, and stock up on a shit ton of good games.  For $100, you can get Zelda and a used cube, and then spend the extra $150 on awesome titles like RE4, various Monkey Balls, and, uh... whatever else was worth owning on the gamecube.
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2006, 03:10:43 AM »
Well, you could really just apply that to any console. I've done it with the PS2. God, this console fucking rocks.

And get F-Zero GX.
AMC

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2006, 12:19:34 PM »
I'm getting Zelda and... a used Gamecube.  :lol

Seriously, I've figured out the way to enjoy Nintendo home consoles.  Buy one at the end of the lifecycle for dirt cheap, and stock up on a shit ton of good games.  For $100, you can get Zelda and a used cube, and then spend the extra $150 on awesome titles like RE4, various Monkey Balls, and, uh... whatever else was worth owning on the gamecube.

:thumbsup
duc

Himu

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2006, 12:57:06 PM »
Managed to get to TRU today and score a Wii and Zelda pre order. I was number 8 in the line. Not many people came because not many knew TRU was doing pre orders today. Hahaha. Suckers.

Oh. Em. Gee. One more week.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »
I don't think I've ever been so not excited by next gen console launches in my life.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »
One more week until you can buy a Gamecube all over again just to play a game that's already coming to the Gamecube!

Seriously, Himuro, what are you planning to buy for the Gamecube 1.1 other than Zelda?
duc

Himu

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2006, 01:11:52 PM »
Super Swing Golf, Metroid Prime 3, Trauma Center, Super Mario Galaxy, Metal Slug Anthology, Excite Truck, Resident Evil, Sonic and the Secret Rings (a return to form of my favorite childhood gaming star, so that is a big deal for me), Forever Blue, Cooking Mama;etc. with the possibility of Shin Megami Tensei making an appearance in the future.

Plus the price.

Not to mention virtual console, which will allow me to dl and play games I missed out on (I didn't have an nes or snes, nor an n64 or turbografix).

I think Wii is definitely a good choice for my first next/new gen system, although, 360 is my top choice for main next gen console, Wii is a great alternative and heck of a lot cheaper.

A heck of a lot more games and more variety on Wii than ps3. lol ps3 ahahahaha You should be trolling the fegs who buy ps3s instead.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:13:39 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2006, 01:15:28 PM »
Im not buying a console at launch unless it has like 3 games I want for it right away. Potential doesnt equal FUN FOR MY MONEY right away. And if im dropping 250 on console I want some GAMES
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy isn't until 2008. Metal SLug is on the PS2. Resident Evil is a silly rails shooter, and has there EVER been a legitimately good 3D Sonic game -- especially with the janky waggle controls? (I have no idea why you're interested in a ghetto Korean golf game that's been panned on the PC for years.) Forever Blue already came to the PS2 as Everblue 2 from Capcom.

How have you missed emulation, plus the fact that most of the good NES/SNES games have already been re-released (and often enhanced) on the GBC/GBA? The obscure good NES/SNES/TG-16/N64 games won't appear on the VC.

Really, why would you pay to revisit the Gamecube all over again?

I'd troll the PS3 but it trolls itself, and it's sure to have a stronger lineup in a couple years than the Wii.
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
Next Gen has kinda sucked so far. I mean 360 is the best of them cause of its headstart and I barely play the thing.
I think that has a lot more to do with your diminishing joy for playing videogames than it does for the games available for the system.  Face it, you're a crusted old gamer who talks about them more than he plays them.

Actually, the two people on this forum who know me in person will confirm, I spend A LOT of time playing games. I mostly play RPGs on my PS2, I play LOTS on my DS, and some on my PSP, and yeah, I PC game too.

Do yourself a favor and dont try talking about stuff you know nothing about.
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2006, 01:17:55 PM »
Yeah, MAF's a better gamer than most of this forum combined.
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2006, 01:20:29 PM »
MAF plays more games than anyone I know.

I play pretty much entirely PC and DS games.  I like games, but I sold off all my last gen systems to get the best value for 'em when I could. I wasn't playing them as much anymore.

I will say there seems to be a trend of fewer and fewer "killer app" titles per console cycles, and I think that's due more to the fact that production values at are such a level that development time takes forever than games just sucking due to my age.
PSP

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2006, 02:08:22 PM »
I don't think I've ever been so not excited by next gen console launches in my life.
Ditto.

It's why I feel like upgrading my PC.
AMC

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »

More time gaming does not = better gamer.

Wii is moving forward, those who cant deal with it need to get checked for something.

Wii

Himu

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »
I really don't see why I should have to justify my Wii purchase.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2006, 02:17:36 PM »

Wii is moving forward, those who cant deal with it need to get checked for something.

Dont worry buddy, im not here to take away your precious nintendo gamer crown.

I just dont think misinformation that I dont actually play games should be spread around.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 02:30:22 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Himu

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »
Precious Nintendo gamer crown? I hold no such item.

And I never said you weren't a gamer at all.  :-\ You're one of the few gamers here I salute do to your persistence to game. Goddamn what a trooper.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »

Uh... no.  I don't want to act like a spastic distinguished mentally-challenged fellow to play my games.  What I look like doesn't matter before you try to bring that argument up, too.  The main gimmick of the console holds absolutely no interest for me, and early buzz from sources I trust tells me it's not very well implemented.  Now, I am willing to admit that it was the same case with the DS, and that has turned into a fine system indeed, but NOT BECAUSE OF THE GIMMICK.  But Nintendo has done handhelds better than home consoles for the past two gens- I don't see that trend reversing any time soon.  And I also don't see anything in the launch window that I have to have other than Zelda, and like I already said I can experience Zelda on cube for a fraction of the cost that it would set me back to experience it on Wii.

Basically, the only reason to get a Wii at launch is if you're a big Nintendo fan.  And that's cool, but don't try to paint the rest of the gaming community (and yes, non-Nintendo fans are part of the gaming community, I know for some of you that doesn't compute but it's true) as out of touch for not wanting a Wii at launch.
yar

Himu

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2006, 02:26:29 PM »
You don't have to act like a "spastic distinguished mentally-challenged fellow" to play the Wii at all. If you've seen any Wii videos at all, you know that the way Nintendo is marketing the thing is overly dramatized.

Basically, the only reason to get a Wii at launch is if you're a big Zelda fan.

Fixed.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »
Himuro: not EVERYONE is talking to you at any given moment. Ill edit it with a post so you dont get upset.
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2006, 02:30:56 PM »
Real Zelda fans are getting the GameCube version.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »
naw
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2006, 02:34:28 PM »
yah
PSP

Himu

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
tee hee :-[
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »
You don't have to act like a "spastic distinguished mentally-challenged fellow" to play the Wii at all. If you've seen any Wii videos at all, you know that the way Nintendo is marketing the thing is overly dramatized.

Basically, the only reason to get a Wii at launch is if you're a big Zelda fan.

Fixed.

How the hell is that fixed when you can get the same damn game on the cube for a fraction of the price?  Getting it in Widescreen?  I don't even have a widescreen tv right now, so why bother?  I'm not asking you to justify YOUR purchase of the Wii; if you're a Nintendo fan, good for you and enjoy your purchase, but don't paint others who have no urge to get the system at launch as ignorant or non-gamers.  That's just rude.
yar

Himu

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »
Well, likewise, don't paint people who are getting Wii at launch as Nintendo fans. It's insulting.  :-\
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »
 :lol
yar

Himu

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »
The worst gaming insult ever is being called an Ntard when you far from it.  >:(
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »
The only folks enthused for the Wii *are* Ntards!

Gamers are playing PS2 :bow
duc

Himu

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2006, 02:55:11 PM »
See, now that's where you're wrong. There are some of us who like the idea and concept, and want to see what Nintendo does with it. I've been gaming for a good 17 years now, so a new type of control method definitely has my interest.

I mean, how can I be an Ntard if I've sold every single piece of Nintendo hardware I've ever owned at one point or another (I have kept my Genesis, psx, and ps2;etc.), never owned a Nintendo console until the 7 years after N64 launched (a stolen..I mean, borrowed N64 at that), and never bought a piece of NEW Nintendo hardware until the DS?

Seriously. Nintendo am cry in this house. If it's Sega or Sony (pre-psp) it is awesome.

I don't even have a GC.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »
The past doesn't change the fact that you're buying a Wii at launch.  :-X
AMC

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2006, 03:03:30 PM »
The only folks enthused for the Wii *are* Ntards!

Gamers are playing PS2 :bow

REAL gamers dont go in for this console war bullshit, and play games that appeal to them.

REAL gamers would want to experience a new way to game, not bitch about it.

There are no REAL gamers left, the internet killed them all.

I love as soon as you defend Nintendo you get the "Ntard" label even if it doesn't fit.

Let's not turn this place into an OA, let discuss without stupid labels.

Wii

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2006, 03:06:37 PM »
The first line contradicts the second, comrade. Waggle doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2006, 03:07:26 PM »
So this place is OA if people disagree with you. Come on.
o_0

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2006, 03:08:22 PM »
The first line contradicts the second, comrade. Waggle doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

You are not a real gamer...

Wii

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2006, 03:08:26 PM »
I'd say that the third line contradicts the second. If REAL gamers would want a Wii and there are no REAL gamers left, then no one would want a Wii.

AMC

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »
So this place is OA if people disagree with you. Come on.

people can disagree, it's the lame name calling.

Wii

Himu

« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »
Fuck it. ::)
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »
Yet we call eachother feggits and gay in the general forum, and thats ok?
o_0

Himu

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2006, 03:09:57 PM »
Shut up cigarillo.  >:(

:-*
IYKYK

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
I'd say that the third line contradicts the second. If REAL gamers would want a Wii and there are no REAL gamers left, then no one would want a Wii.

The 3rd line was sarcasm, internet has brought out everyone bias, but there isn't anyone that isn't biased anyway.

Wii

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2006, 03:10:43 PM »
Yet we call eachother feggits and gay in the general forum, and thats ok?

Part of the reason for the split right, asscummer?

:)

Wii

MrAngryFace

« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2006, 03:11:30 PM »
No, that really wasn't the reason, fartbreath.
o_0

Himu

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2006, 03:11:47 PM »
I SEE A CONTRADICTION. LET ME PRESS IT
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »

The 3rd line was sarcasm, internet has brought out everyone bias, but there isn't anyone that isn't biased anyway.

I see.

I'm barely a gamer anymore, I just play Guitar Hero games.
AMC

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2006, 03:13:09 PM »
No, that really wasn't the reason, fartbreath.

I say PART of the reason "cant read cause I have jizz in my eyes"

:-*
Wii

MrAngryFace

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2006, 03:14:09 PM »
Since you did not create the gaming forum, you have no idea what youre talking about, stinky.
o_0

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »
Since you did not create the gaming forum, you have no idea what youre talking about, stinky.

Blah, fine you win.

Name calling sucks.

assface.

Wii

MrAngryFace

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »
Wah-bedraggled
o_0

Himu

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2006, 03:17:30 PM »

:-\
IYKYK