Author Topic: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread  (Read 318685 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Bore Anime Thread
« Reply #720 on: March 24, 2009, 06:37:57 AM »
Watch Detroit Metal City.  Again if you've already seen it!

Any recommended groups to watch Casshern Sins from?

Got a pretty big backlog of stuff to watch.  Was thinking about watching History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi next, or maybe Witchblade or finally finishing Gurren Lagann.

I just finished Michiko & Hatchin. I really liked it, nice ending. Tomorrow I'm gonna marathon the rest of Casshern Sins (Image removed from quote.)

Same here, although more so than previous series of the same type, the ending really made most of the episodes in-between the first and last episodes feel like they never mattered.  But it was always a show about the developing relationship between the two title characters and the journey itself, not the ending.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hiroshi was a real dickhead.  I wish he'd gotten what was coming to him instead of basically getting away scott-free.  Also they never did explain who Hatchin's mother was.  No way it was Michiko...right?   :lol
[close]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:41:43 AM by the lyte edge »
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #721 on: March 24, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »
I just finished Michiko & Hatchin. I really liked it, nice ending. Tomorrow I'm gonna marathon the rest of Casshern Sins (Image removed from quote.)

Casshern (Image removed from quote.)
Yeah, Michiko was really cool. I'm gonna go back to Casshern also. Gundam, Michiko, Soul Eater and Rideback are all ending in the next 2 weeks, so I have nothing left to watch. :(

Yeah. Nothing much to watch till April.

Watch Detroit Metal City.  Again if you've already seen it!

Any recommended groups to watch Casshern Sins from?

Got a pretty big backlog of stuff to watch.  Was thinking about watching History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi next, or maybe Witchblade or finally finishing Gurren Lagann.

Same here, although more so than previous series of the same type, the ending really made most of the episodes in-between the first and last episodes feel like they never mattered.  But it was always a show about the developing relationship between the two title characters and the journey itself, not the ending.

Hiroshi was a real dickhead.  I wish he'd gotten what was coming to him instead of basically getting away scott-free.  Also they never did explain who Hatchin's mother was.  No way it was Michiko...right?   :lol
[close]

I should get back to DMC. I stopped after the Tokyo Tower episode. I use Shinsen-Subs but you may want to wait because they're releasing the blu-ray version as it comes out. Casshern in super duper HD would be pretty keen to watch.

Heh. I suppose in the end it really didn't who her mother was, although it would have been nice to find out. Unless both our memories are failing us and they grazed over it earlier in the series.
[close]
Boo

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #722 on: March 24, 2009, 11:54:07 PM »
Finished Casshern Sins.  :(

:'( Real good ending.
Boo

Lafiel

« Reply #723 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:33 AM »
Finished black lagoon seasons 1 & 2 recently, and man was it awesome, it was like a john woo \ good hollywood action movie in anime form + good and deep characterization. Cant wait for season 3 w\e it comes out.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #724 on: March 27, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »
It looks like it's going to be all rainy and icky this weekend, so I think I'm going to marathon the rest of Soul Eater and Gundam 00 to prepare myself for the epic finales of each series.
©@©™

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #725 on: March 27, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
I watched an assload of Naruto in one stretch years ago, but pretty much fell off/got bored. I noticed the other night that Shippuden is on Hulu. Watched a few episodes, may acquire it.

A few episodes in, I am wondering if watching animu usually corresponds to crushingly depressing periods of my life. I watched a lot when I was a miserable young thing, and come to think of it, whever I've been unemployed. Then there has been this week.

I don't think it's a causal relationship.  :'(
[close]

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #726 on: March 29, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »
For anyone interested, Tower of Druaga S2 is finally over.

very good fantasy animu, ending was a bit rushed but still good.

and now I'm watching Casshern, fuck this is probably the most beautiful animu ever.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #727 on: March 29, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
gonna watch the last ep of Gundam 00 season 2.

After that i guess it will be Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (aka Full Metal Alchemist 2) since it should start April 5th

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #728 on: March 29, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
I will watch the "remastered" Dragonball Z show coming out.  It's supposed to be cutting the length of the episodes down to make things go faster, voice actors are re-doing their lines, and they are making it 16:9.  This is from the original studio, not Funimation BTW.  I assume it will be fansubbed pretty quickly. 

And for the perv in me, I will check out Queen's Blade.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: March 30, 2009, 12:20:48 AM »
I finished my Gundam 00/Soul Eater marathon. Now I'm watching Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture. The show is pretty goofy/funny.  :lol
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #730 on: March 30, 2009, 12:35:13 AM »
is that the gothic trap show?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #731 on: March 30, 2009, 12:56:20 AM »
I don't think so, but it does have this going on:

©@©™

cool breeze

« Reply #732 on: March 30, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »
Moyashimon is hilarious.  And MCD, yes it is.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #733 on: March 30, 2009, 01:23:18 AM »
Just finished watching Roots Search. So bad.  :lol
dog

Himu

« Reply #734 on: March 30, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »
What are you guys watching this spring season?

Here's me:

FMA

Souten Kouro

Ristorante Paradiso

MAZINGER Z

Cross Game

Other stuff that seem promising or I'm just watching for shits and giggles:

Lupin vs Conan
Dragonball: Kai
Eden of the East

Anyone else getting a fierce 80/early 90's character design vibe from Cross Game?

Anyways, seems like a promising, if decent season. At first sight I was thinking it may not be as good as last years but after some reflection it has plenty of potential. The fact there's going to be FMA, a remake of Mazinger, and an anime rendition of Romance of the Three Kingdoms alone means it probably won't disappoint. Probably.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:56:32 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #735 on: March 30, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »
Oh shit Dragon Ball Z and FMA this sunday! I better star practicing my Kamehameha pose. :gun :punch
Drunk

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #736 on: March 30, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
FMA: Brotherhood
DBZ (maybe)

Need to catch up on

Michiko to Hatchin
Birdy the Mighty Decode 1+2

Will check for the hell of it

Gun X Sword

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #737 on: March 30, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »
Pick your poison:

Quote from: Purple Filth
Gun X Sword

you won't be disappointed.

Veidt

« Reply #738 on: March 30, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
Deathnote was the last anime I watched. I think I've sort of grown out of it, but I'd seriously re-watch DBZ or Deathnote again.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #739 on: March 30, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
Pick your poison:

I'm definitely gonna check out the new Cobra OVA.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #740 on: March 30, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »
I'm not watching anything until I hear what is good.  Maybe FMA, but even then I'd rather wait until like 26eps are out and marathon it so it's not like I'm just re-watching the first FMA with slight differences each week.

Purple Filth

« Reply #741 on: March 30, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »
Pick your poison:

Holy shit forgot about Beyblade  :lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:13:44 PM by Purple Filth »

Himu

« Reply #742 on: March 30, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »
JUUNI KOKI 2?!
IYKYK

Purple Filth

« Reply #743 on: March 30, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »
JUUNI KOKI 2?!

Isnt that 12 Kingdoms?

mind blown @ sequel

Himu

« Reply #744 on: March 30, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »
:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #745 on: March 30, 2009, 09:10:28 PM »
Sugar Bunnies Fluer, Jewel Pets, Cooking Idol Ai! Mai! Main!

Oh, and Chi's Sweet Home 2, of course.

But seriously though. FMA2, Shangra-Li, Eden of the East, at least.

And Chi's Sweet Home 2.
[close]
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #746 on: March 30, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
JUUNI KOKI 2?!

duckroll confirmed that this doesn't exist.  Look at the airing date.  :(

Purple Filth

« Reply #747 on: March 31, 2009, 12:09:53 AM »
JUUNI KOKI 2?!

so my gut feeling is confirmed?  :(

It was strange that there was no internet article announcing it and wikipedia (say what you will but it updates itself nicely when it comes to anime) had no info
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:14:16 AM by Purple Filth »

Lafiel

« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2009, 01:29:54 AM »
JUUNI KOKI 2?!

Looks like i still wont be finishing the series :lol i refuse to finish it untill a new series gets announced. (heard it ends on a realllly bad cliff-hanger..)  :(

Himu

« Reply #749 on: March 31, 2009, 07:26:01 AM »
JUUNI KOKI 2?!

I was PULLING OUT FOR SOME HOPE
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #750 on: March 31, 2009, 10:31:23 AM »
I still need to finish up Michiko E Hatchin.

for this season I will check out / watch:

mazinger z
FMA
valkyria
ristorante paradiso
sengoku basara
eden of the east
guin saga
Dragon ball kai
rainbow
prince of tennis

realistic I will end up watching FMA, DBK, Prince of Tennis and maybe one or two other series.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #751 on: March 31, 2009, 08:15:44 PM »
SENGOKU BASARA!

Hope it's good.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:44 PM »
Imma check out:

-Sengoku Basara
-Queen's Blade (lol, ecchi)
-Dragonball Kai
-Slap Up Party (just because of the name)
-Fight Ippatsu Juuden Chan
-Shangri-La (maybe)

Think that's it.  Maybe the new FMA for my wife.  I want to watch Chi's Sweet Home but I never saw the original series.

Is that Conan Vs. Lupin III OAV out yet on the net, BTW?  RAW or subbed, doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:23:25 PM by the lyte edge »
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #753 on: March 31, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
The raw is.  I downloaded it earlier today but it seems like it's been out for 3 days now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #754 on: March 31, 2009, 08:33:51 PM »
Cool.  It's for the wife so subs don't matter.  I don't suppose you know of a good place to download or stream Japanese TV shows, do you?  Not dramas, but variety shows and the like.
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #755 on: March 31, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »
No clue.  Only things of those I see are what ever is posted on youtube.

I just tried to find the clip of Nicholas Cage acting like a weirdo on some cooking show, but it seems like youtube took it down.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #756 on: April 01, 2009, 12:18:03 AM »
LOL, the last episode of Soul Eater was supergay.  :supergay

When Maka went berserk and somehow unleashed her weapon mode, that was awesome...for like 10 seconds. Courage, woo!  ::)
[close]

I still hope there's a second season.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #757 on: April 02, 2009, 02:20:58 AM »
I started watching the Princess Resurrection anime, based on how much I liked the manga and how awesome the DVD cover looked. Man, was I in for a surprise. Madhouse took pretty much everything that was good about the manga and tossed it in the garbage. I only paid $30 for the first 13 episodes, but still.  :-\

I'm currently in an argument about the show with some guy at AnimeNewsNetwork. I wouldn't bring it up, but some of the things he says just...make absolutely no logical sense whatsoever, so I figured I'd share.

Looks like I'm the only one here who doesn't like the sub only release. Otherwise I would've been more tempted to collect the anime adaptation of the original Princess Resurrection manga, if it came with a quality and proper localization of both English sub and dub. I mean originality is a good quality to have simply due to its rarity, but right now the Sentai Filmworks licensed R1 anime DVD of Princess Resurrection from ADV isn't a quality production worthy of my contribution. However, it is a mockery to what could have been otherwise an enjoyable anime adaptation by Madhouse Studio.

But through the process of licensing the anime by Sentai Filmworks, Madhouse Studio as the copyright holder of the Princess Resurrection anime should had full executive decision on the R1 anime post production. So when I deemed the finished product of Princess Resurrection anime turned out to be a mockery with the approval from the original creators, needless to say I'm offended by that licensing decision made by Madhouse Studio, Sentai Filmworks, and ADV.

At least I can still look forward to what could possibly be an enjoyable English voice acting, if nothing else. And since the anime series was aimed to be broadcast on TV network and not direct, straight-to-home video release, just what kind of explicit content you think that can be allowed on Japanese national TV network is beyond me.

That can still be the executive decision made by the original manga licensee, the Japanese medias publisher of the Princess Resurrection manga Kodansha. Madhouse Studio may have the copyright of the anime series, but why should the animated TV advertisement paid by the manga licensee, to outdone the original manga work owned by them? This is a case of the position of power within corporate ownership, pure and simple.

He also accused me of being grumpy and disliking the show but not knowing why.
dog

Lafiel

« Reply #758 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:42 AM »
Finished armored trooper votoms, last 5 episodes were awesomeness, i'm surprised how heavy the sci-fic themes went at the end though, but i liked it being a fan of sci-fic.
And Chirico is easily the greatest pilot in a mecha series. 8) going check out the OVAs next, hope there good, kinda disappointing one isn't translated though. :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #759 on: April 03, 2009, 02:27:38 PM »
Watched Queen's Blade (subs were not so hot); pretty much you'd expect...fantasy adventure, except everybody is female and they show tits n ass every chance they get.  The last part of the first episode is lol-worthy.

The main girl kills the monster underneath her (who is also a large-boobed woman, of course) by laying on top of her as her UBER-DANGEROUS UDDERS FILL WITH DEADLY-ACID-MILK and explode.  Yeah...?
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #760 on: April 03, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
 :wtf
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #761 on: April 03, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »

[close]

this is the current state of /a/.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #762 on: April 03, 2009, 05:34:14 PM »
Queen's Blade was LOL. It's like an unintentional parody.
©@©™

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #763 on: April 03, 2009, 06:02:32 PM »
[youtube=560,345]na3t6YqQoVg[/youtube]

I like this.
Boo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #764 on: April 03, 2009, 06:09:19 PM »
Basara seems to be sticking to the games pretty damn closely.  Don't know if that's good or bad yet!

I watched K-On.  Don't see anything special about it.
ど助平

« Reply #765 on: April 03, 2009, 09:07:24 PM »
Cool.  It's for the wife so subs don't matter.  I don't suppose you know of a good place to download or stream Japanese TV shows, do you?  Not dramas, but variety shows and the like.

You can watch a majority of the broadcast networks from Tokyo live on KeyHole TV. It's legal, too.

http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/
野球

Himu

« Reply #766 on: April 03, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
Watched Queen's Blade (subs were not so hot); pretty much you'd expect...fantasy adventure, except everybody is female and they show tits n ass every chance they get.  The last part of the first episode is lol-worthy.

(Image removed from quote.)

The main girl kills the monster underneath her (who is also a large-boobed woman, of course) by laying on top of her as her UBER-DANGEROUS UDDERS FILL WITH DEADLY-ACID-MILK and explode.  Yeah...?

lmao
IYKYK

« Reply #767 on: April 03, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »
I read that AT-X has decided to air Queen's Blade uncensored, while all the other networks in Japan (Tokyo MX, etc.) are airing the edited version.
野球

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #768 on: April 03, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »
only a few daqys till the new FMA  :hyper :hyper :hyper

« Reply #769 on: April 03, 2009, 11:03:27 PM »

It's nice that Funimation has decided to put up a free and legal sub of the new FMA three days after it airs in Japan.
野球

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #770 on: April 03, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »
Ya thats great

I'll torrent it like I do naruto still  :-[
[close]

Lafiel

« Reply #771 on: April 04, 2009, 08:03:19 AM »

It's nice that Funimation has decided to put up a free and legal sub of the new FMA three days after it airs in Japan.
I wish they offered a d/l version on the australian site and in HD. I'd love to stream it legally, but i want my FMA fix on my HD-TV. :-\

Purple Filth

« Reply #772 on: April 04, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Basara seems to be sticking to the games pretty damn closely.  Don't know if that's good or bad yet!

I watched K-On.  Don't see anything special about it.

More Kyoto Animation Fanwank

or watching what they have so they can finally bring out Haruhi 2

Will check out the first ep of FMA to see how much was changed from the first anime.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:53:13 PM by Purple Filth »

Bebpo

« Reply #773 on: April 05, 2009, 12:01:21 AM »
Mazinger is potentially cool.  The first ep is just pure chaos and lacks the refined intelligence and grace of Giant Robo OAV, but it's action packed and psycho and a really good teaser for the actual show.  Will watch ep2+

Himu

« Reply #774 on: April 05, 2009, 12:43:41 AM »

Genius
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #775 on: April 05, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
[Shinsen-Subs]​_Fullmetal​_Alchemist​_2​_-​_Brotherhood​_-​_01​_[1280x720​_H.​264​_AAC][BAE6EB94].​mkv

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #776 on: April 05, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »
Damn that was fast. Very excited.
Boo

cool breeze

« Reply #777 on: April 05, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
Good episode.  Re-introductions are a bit annoying though.  It's bad enough that they re-introduce the characters, but this time around the introductions are lame.

Himu

« Reply #778 on: April 05, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
WOOT

FMA
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #779 on: April 05, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
READY STEADY GO