Author Topic: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread  (Read 318238 times)

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Re: The Bore Anime Thread
« Reply #1260 on: October 04, 2009, 09:59:12 PM »
Total One Piece ripoff.

cool breeze

« Reply #1261 on: October 04, 2009, 10:31:08 PM »
[youtube=560,345]uiwY1F6oxlY

:'(

Nostalgia's fun and I do love indulging in it quite a bit, but about half of the animes in that video are terrible. Laughably so, but still.  :lol

By the way, First Squad: The Moment of Truth [Japanese/Russian coproduction] hit the nets today, if anyone's interested.

that's true, but at least they're not extra bad for having horrible moe shit

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1262 on: October 04, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »

Nostalgia's fun and I do love indulging in it quite a bit, but about half of the animes in that video are terrible. Laughably so, but still.  :lol

By the way, First Squad: The Moment of Truth [Japanese/Russian coproduction] hit the nets today, if anyone's interested.

No, they're just bad because they're poorly animated, poorly written, and poorly directed.  :lol
dog

Himu

« Reply #1263 on: October 05, 2009, 12:52:13 AM »
Got halfway through the episode of Okiku Fukubabababababababababstususisadjfpsfjas;dfj and closed the window because of the annoying dip shit of a main character.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #1264 on: October 05, 2009, 12:53:01 AM »

No, they're just bad because they're poorly animated, poorly written, and poorly directed.  :lol

I actually mentioned the bad animation (specifically the reliance on computers) but deleted that portion.  That's the reason there isn't a period in my post.

Gundam Unicorn will be the savior.  Gundam 00 relied on nasty digital blurring and shit; Unicorn will bring the keyframe blur :bow2

Got halfway through the episode of Okiku Fukubabababababababababstususisadjfpsfjas;dfj and closed the window because of the annoying dip shit of a main character.

*fucks off*

Himu

« Reply #1265 on: October 05, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
You don't have to. I just hate timid main characters who stutter. It makes me want to kill myself.

That doesn't mean I'm not giving it a try, because I like the coach who makes natural orange juice out of nowhere.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #1266 on: October 05, 2009, 01:01:52 AM »
to be honest, I was going to mention the main character was a wuss but thought that would scare off anyone wanting to watch it  :-[

It's part of his development through the series.  His back story is essentially that he likes baseball but wasn't very good.  Since at his last school he had connections to the owner, he chose to be greedy and keep pitching, making his entire team hate him.  To try and counter this, he trained a lot but the only thing about his pitching that got better was the control.  This didn't matter much since the catcher was also shit.  Most of the actual baseball that happens in the show is the new catcher dictating all his pitching and using a lot of strategic plays.  He never quite stops being autistic, but he gets better and there is more focus on the team as a whole later on.

But try One Outs.  I posted about it before.   That one is good, honest!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1267 on: October 05, 2009, 05:12:56 AM »
Fairy Tail is awesome.  I bought all the comics when I was in Japan.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in animated form.  It's from the same guy who did Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master in the U.S., right?).
The manga's pretty neat but the teaser for the anime looks (and sounds) pretty bad:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Dude, it's 15 SECONDS.   :lol

That was a terrible, incredibly short trailer that is just telling viewers when the TV series is starting.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:14:56 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1268 on: October 05, 2009, 06:46:51 AM »
Out of boredom, I decided to watch one of the new fall shows not yet mentioned here.  Went for Kampfer, since the description said something like "this is quite possibly the worst show we've ever subbed."   :lol

SPOILER REVIEW

I figured this was going to be a tired old harem animu, but it wasn't.  The cutesy intro and ending do not fit the show's theme at all, and it was surprisingly light on fan-servicey stuff.  Not a panty shot in sight.  The premise is a Ranma 1/2 rip-off about a boy who finds himself turned into a girl, because he's been chosen as a "Kampfer" (due to having this bizarre stuffed animal with its guts hanging out and blood drooling out its mouth) and Kampfers must be female, and their job is to fight against other Kampfers for unexplained reasons.  Uh...right.  S/he takes on another Kampfer, who's some psycho red head with a pistol, but ends up rescuing her when a telephone pole is about to fall on top of her.  While this is going on, the girl he likes is watching, and he rescues her from being shot by psycho-bitch too. 

What I liked about this show was that it didn't come off as a harem anime, but there's still that chance that it may turn into this, since the protagonist is the only "male" main character.  But at least he has a strong personality and even talked to the girl he wants to go out with, without typical animu loser crap going on.  No blushing, no "I'M TALKING TO XXXXXX-SAN, YIIIIIIIIIIII" type garbage.  He was pretty confident.  So at school, he gets called out of class by this timid girl (the male and female students are split between two sides of the school) whose description of stuff sounds like the wrong thing (lots of innuendo), but it was a little lol-worthy.  Timid girl is actually psycho bitch; when its Kampfer time, her personality changes.  The show deals a little bit with the shemale's predicament when going female (like being uncomfortable in a skirt, and wondering how the hell to use the toilet, that sort of thing), then ends with more action.  The only really cringe-worthy animu moment was towards the end, when shemale's crush tells him that she's "interested" in the girl that saved her earlier, which is of course actually him.  You can already picture the wacky animu hi-jinx that will ensue from this.  Overall it was nothing special; the big shock here is that this is NOT Queen's Blade-level perversion, and is in fact far from it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:51:05 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1269 on: October 05, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »
Out of boredom, I decided to watch one of the new fall shows not yet mentioned here.  Went for Kampfer, since the description said something like "this is quite possibly the worst show we've ever subbed."   :lol

SPOILER REVIEW

I figured this was going to be a tired old harem animu, but it wasn't.  The cutesy intro and ending do not fit the show's theme at all, and it was surprisingly light on fan-servicey stuff.  Not a panty shot in sight.  The premise is a Ranma 1/2 rip-off about a boy who finds himself turned into a girl, because he's been chosen as a "Kampfer" (due to having this bizarre stuffed animal with its guts hanging out and blood drooling out its mouth) and Kampfers must be female, and their job is to fight against other Kampfers for unexplained reasons.  Uh...right.  S/he takes on another Kampfer, who's some psycho red head with a pistol, but ends up rescuing her when a telephone pole is about to fall on top of her.  While this is going on, the girl he likes is watching, and he rescues her from being shot by psycho-bitch too. 

What I liked about this show was that it didn't come off as a harem anime, but there's still that chance that it may turn into this, since the protagonist is the only "male" main character.  But at least he has a strong personality and even talked to the girl he wants to go out with, without typical animu loser crap going on.  No blushing, no "I'M TALKING TO XXXXXX-SAN, YIIIIIIIIIIII" type garbage.  He was pretty confident.  So at school, he gets called out of class by this timid girl (the male and female students are split between two sides of the school) whose description of stuff sounds like the wrong thing (lots of innuendo), but it was a little lol-worthy.  Timid girl is actually psycho bitch; when its Kampfer time, her personality changes.  The show deals a little bit with the shemale's predicament when going female (like being uncomfortable in a skirt, and wondering how the hell to use the toilet, that sort of thing), then ends with more action.  The only really cringe-worthy animu moment was towards the end, when shemale's crush tells him that she's "interested" in the girl that saved her earlier, which is of course actually him.  You can already picture the wacky animu hi-jinx that will ensue from this.  Overall it was nothing special; the big shock here is that this is NOT Queen's Blade-level perversion, and is in fact far from it.

smh the lyte edge™ smh
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1270 on: October 05, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »
Started watching Time of Eve. It's a really good show and certainly better than whatever it is that the lyte edge™ is currently watching. I mean...really, dude? REALLY? smh
dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1271 on: October 05, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
time of eve is awesomesauce

junpei tried to get me to watch kampfer :lol, then i wikid the description and laughed
萌え~

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1272 on: October 05, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »
fairy tail the manga is decent, but it is definitely a b-list one piece ripoff crossed with harry potter dna. it's uncreative and kinda cynical in its market targeting, but the art is good, the pacing is quick, the fights aren't drawn out and it manages to be funny from time to time. on the other hand, it's clear that the creator is a bit of a perv, which REALLY reduces my interest in its anime adaptation since the great joy of one piece is that other than the occasionally ridiculous costume it is so very very very pleasantly fanservice-free
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1273 on: October 05, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
time of eve is awesomesauce

junpei tried to get me to watch kampfer :lol, then i wikid the description and laughed

I downloaded the first episode and watched about half of it. Then I skipped through the rest to see if there was any awesome fanservice and, finding none, I closed the window and deleted it.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1274 on: October 05, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »
Time of Eve is good, there just isn't much of it.  What ep are they on these days anyways?  I think I saw up to 3 or 4.

and I refuse to read or watch Fairy Tale because everyone says it's a OP ripoff and why do I need a ripoff when I have the real thing  ;)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1275 on: October 05, 2009, 04:53:51 PM »
SMH, Bebpo.

fairy tail the manga is decent, but it is definitely a b-list one piece ripoff crossed with harry potter dna. it's uncreative and kinda cynical in its market targeting, but the art is good, the pacing is quick, the fights aren't drawn out and it manages to be funny from time to time. on the other hand, it's clear that the creator is a bit of a perv, which REALLY reduces my interest in its anime adaptation since the great joy of one piece is that other than the occasionally ridiculous costume it is so very very very pleasantly fanservice-free

I take it you never saw some of the movies?  :lol

There also seems to be a number of huge-breasted chicks in the manga and anime, too. 

"One Piece" is now into the "Thriller Bark" saga, and the creators of the
anime have obviously decided that they need to "compete" for attention
against some of the other current series. Therefore, episode 341 had an
extended Nami shower and bath scene.

One has to wonder if this will help the DVD sales, given that in other
series "steam" has a way of disappearing on the R2 DVDs.

I don't normally consider "One Piece" as a fan service anime. Sure, the
girls are generally busty, and there was that one part in the "Thriller
Bark" arc where Nami spent a lot of screen time wearing nothing but some
water droplets, but otherwise I've always thought of One Piece being a
fairly service-free anime. Now, with the "Amazon Lili" arc, I'm having to
reconsider my position.

The main One Piece story line restarted in episode 408 after two episodes of
filler, just after Luffy and gang were convincingly destroyed by World
Government forces on Sabaody Island. Luffy was blasted into the sky by Kuma,
and ended up on an island of Amazons, where no men are allowed. Okay, what's
the traditional attire of "Amazon Women" movies? Yes, you've got it - very
little at all.

What we have here are literally hundreds and hundreds of individual One
Piece-style women, the majority of whom are busty, dressed in very skimpy
outfits - usually bikini tops or revealing halter tops. The women come in
all shapes and sizes, but the common factor is that they are all showing
lots and lots of skin. Except for the absence (so far) of visible nipples,
this arc is "Queen's Blade", but with a couple orders of magnitude more
quantity of skimpily dressed females.

But none of the bloggers appear to be noticing this. Instead, what has been
grabbing everyone's attention is Luffy's state of undress and half-dress.
Luffy spent the second half of episode 408 naked, except for some
strategically placed soap bubbles, and he spent the first half of episode
409 naked from the waist down. As with Frankie, Luffy seems quite at ease
exhibiting his "kintama" to all of the women. And having his "mushroom"
almost pulled off didn't awaken Luffy either.

http://kzi.animeblogger.net/wp-content/images/one%20piece/episode%20293/ONEPIECE293a.jpg

http://kzi.animeblogger.net/wp-content/images/one%20piece/episode%20293/ONEPIECE293c.jpg

http://kzi.animeblogger.net/wp-content/images/one%20piece/episode%20293/ONEPIECE293d.jpg

It's anime.  Fan service is inescapable. 

smh the lyte edge™ smh

I didn't make the show!   :lol

Next up is Baccano!. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:07:05 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1276 on: October 05, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »
Time of Eve is good, there just isn't much of it.  What ep are they on these days anyways?  I think I saw up to 3 or 4.

There's six episodes in all. The last one aired back in September.

Hey, the lyte edge™, I found the perfect show for you:

Sora no Otoshimono

You know those nightmares where you get up in front of your class to do a presentation only to realize that you're stark naked? Given the choice to live that nightmare or watch Sora no Otoshimono…well, I'd probably go with Sora no Otoshimono. But only by a hair.

Scrawny twerp Tomo has a recurring dream about a winged girl who leaves him to live in the sky. When he asks a warped classmate about it, he is sent to a nighttime rendezvous with a black hole-thing, from which falls a (different?) winged girl who instantly imprints on him and promises to do anything, anything he wants her to. Let the rampaging of the libido begin.

There's wish-fulfillment and then there's diseased fantasy.  This is the latter. When Ikaros imprints on Tomo, a chain sprouts from her collar (yes, she wears a collar) and wraps around his hand. He spends the rest of the episode literally leading her around by a chain. That is when he isn't ogling her, telling her to strip, and almost (but not quite, he is a good guy after all) forcing himself on her. And that's before Tomo discovers that Ikaros can stop time and render him invisible. After watching Tomo run amuck like a naked, invisible SD leprechaun groping and stripping panties off of unsuspecting girls, you'll need a bucket of soap and a scouring pad to feel clean again. And to add insult to injury, the episode tries to take an emotional turn at the end (no, seriously) that leaves its stinky, sticky fingerprints all over every heartstring it tries to pluck. Never have I been so ashamed to be a man.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2009-10-01/carl

:rofl
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:03:44 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1277 on: October 05, 2009, 05:07:50 PM »
TWEENY WITCHES.

I think I got enough out of Kampfer.  Two shitty shows is too much.   :lol

Maybe one day I can force myself to do a One Piece manga marathon.  I really want to start reading it again, but I'm like six years behind.   :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:09:24 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1278 on: October 05, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
TWEENY WITCHES.

doesn't even have any fanservice.  :lol
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1279 on: October 05, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
[youtube=560,345]uiwY1F6oxlY[/youtube]

Streamline Pictures!  A nerd highlight of my early teenage years was meeting the president of the company at a comic book trade show.  I think that might be him doing the narration, but there was another guy that sounded just like him.

Those were the days when anime was cool.   :'(
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1280 on: October 05, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »
TWEENY WITCHES.

Jesus fuck, I certainly hope not.

Gimme some panty shots over lolicon fap material any day.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1281 on: October 05, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
TWEENY WITCHES.

Jesus fuck, I certainly hope not.

(Image removed from quote.)

Gimme some panty shots over lolicon fap material any day.

The show's less offensive than 99% of anime out there right now.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1282 on: October 05, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »

I just checked this link.  That guy gave Kampfer a 3/5.   :lol

The Book Of Bantorra sounds like it could be good.  I'll give that a DL.  Who is better, Crunchyroll or Commie?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:54:03 PM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1283 on: October 05, 2009, 08:53:33 PM »

I just checked this link.  That guy gave Kampfer a 3/5.   :lol

The Book Of Bantorra sounds like it could be good.  I'll give that a DL.  Who is better, Crunchyroll or Commie?

The Book of Bantorra could be good later on, but the first episode just left me cold. Probably in part because of the terribad CG. 2D backdrops in the second half of the episode look amazing, though.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1284 on: October 06, 2009, 03:09:42 PM »
Finished watched Time of Eve. People that claim there aren't any good animes these days need look no further than this simple, internet-released series. This is the sort of the thing that Surrogates should have been. Both deal with mysteries and conspiracies related to new technology, but only Time of Eve relegates those to background details and focuses directly on how this technology impacts human beings and the way they live their lives.
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1285 on: October 06, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »
Rumbler my love, tell me when it's done so i can marathon it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1286 on: October 06, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
Rumbler my love, tell me when it's done so i can marathon it.

It's done right now!
dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1287 on: October 06, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »
there are mentions of a second season but yeah its done for now  :'(
萌え~

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1288 on: October 06, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
hmm...

I will wait a bit for 4/5/6 dvds.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1289 on: October 06, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
there are mentions of a second season but yeah its done for now  :'(

That would be awesome. Somebody needs to throw some money at this guy and have him pumping out new shows every season.
dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1290 on: October 06, 2009, 07:58:14 PM »
maybe

i think i know what you are talking about, cant remember the name
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:01:35 PM by Viz »
萌え~

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1291 on: October 06, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »
probably Kanokon

Kanokon's story revolves around Kouta Oyamada, a young first-year high school student who moves from the country to the city and thus transfers to Kunpō High School. On his first day at his new school, he meets a beautiful second-year female student named Chizuru Minamoto. Chizuru asks him to meet her alone in the music room. When he arrives, she tells him that she is in love with him and accidentally reveals to him that she is in fact a fox spirit. Chizuru constantly flirts with Kouta which embarrasses him greatly due to others watching. Soon after the story begins, a wolf spirit named Nozomu Ezomori transfers into Kouta's school and class. From day one, she is all over Kouta which serves to embarrass him more and cause Chizuru to become annoyed at her new competition for Kouta's affection.
萌え~

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1292 on: October 06, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »
Sounds pretty awesome!
dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1293 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
probably Kanokon

Kanokon's story revolves around Kouta Oyamada, a young first-year high school student who moves from the country to the city and thus transfers to Kunpō High School. On his first day at his new school, he meets a beautiful second-year female student named Chizuru Minamoto. Chizuru asks him to meet her alone in the music room. When he arrives, she tells him that she is in love with him and accidentally reveals to him that she is in fact a fox spirit. Chizuru constantly flirts with Kouta which embarrasses him greatly due to others watching. Soon after the story begins, a wolf spirit named Nozomu Ezomori transfers into Kouta's school and class. From day one, she is all over Kouta which serves to embarrass him more and cause Chizuru to become annoyed at her new competition for Kouta's affection.

yeah, nothing weird about this at all!

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1294 on: October 06, 2009, 09:18:41 PM »
yes its probably quite bad

so instead I will post cencoroll trailers

[youtube=560,345]pXHX6w0IlBM[/youtube]
[youtube=560,345]pjfyrZjm-cs[/youtube]

hopefully faith in animu is now restored

this comes out on dvd oct 28th, i heard about it a year back maybe

its apparently written/animated by one guy
萌え~

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1295 on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
Cencoroll looks interesting, but it's only 30 minutes long. :(

There's also Summer Wars to look forward to. It's from the director of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
dog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1296 on: October 06, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »
the amazon lily arc isn't really fan service-y, because it's an island full of fuckin' amazons. 3/4s of them are fat, old, or creepy -- it'd be weird if the occasional one wasn't supposed to be attractive. hancock dresses like a slut, but that's because her powers revolve around her ability to inspire desire. i'm not saying anime should disavow any/all sexuality, but its alright if it is largely justified by the context of the story, instead of BEING the context. plus oda doesn't draw females particularly attractively, anyhow!
duc

Beezy

« Reply #1297 on: October 06, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »
plus oda doesn't draw females particularly attractively, anyhow!
Long haired slimmies wit da big jiggly titties, just how the nihongonese like it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1298 on: October 06, 2009, 11:28:34 PM »
Started watching the recently-released Sgt. Frog. Nothing really spectacular here, but it is a pretty fun show. Also: There's virtually NO fanservice! It's like a miracle.
dog

« Reply #1299 on: October 06, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »
There's tons of Gundam fanservice, though!!
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1300 on: October 07, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »
True.  :lol
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1301 on: October 07, 2009, 12:41:46 AM »
Started watching the recently-released Sgt. Frog. Nothing really spectacular here, but it is a pretty fun show. Also: There's virtually NO fanservice! It's like a miracle.

Really?  The manga's full of it.   :lol  Guess they toned it down or you just haven't gotten to anything yet.

Also what do you mean by "recently-released?"  New season or something?  This is another show I'd like to watch, but I've read all the manga up to around volume 12 or so.  I like that despite having very few (human) male characters, it isn't harem crap.  I love Mine Yoshizaki's artwork...he did the designs for Otomedius and also the guest character Angol Fear (which totally did not fit the game) in Soul Calibur IV.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:46:11 AM by the lyte edge™ »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1302 on: October 07, 2009, 10:48:43 AM »

Really?  The manga's full of it.   :lol  Guess they toned it down or you just haven't gotten to anything yet.

Also what do you mean by "recently-released?"  New season or something?  This is another show I'd like to watch, but I've read all the manga up to around volume 12 or so.  I like that despite having very few (human) male characters, it isn't harem crap.  I love Mine Yoshizaki's artwork...he did the designs for Otomedius and also the guest character Angol Fear (which totally did not fit the game) in Soul Calibur IV.

Funimation just released the first season about a week back.

And, yeah, the anime version was toned down a bit compared to the manga version.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1303 on: October 07, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »
Oh look, another first episode review!

Kobato - In a Madhouse production of a Clamp manga, a mysterious girl [Kobato] comes from...somewhere...to Earth, along with her talking, blue dog named Ioryogi, to fill up a bottle with scarred hearts in order to fulfill her wish. It sounds like the perfect setup for some major otaku-bating, but it actually comes across as way more of an Aria-like show than most of the other crud that's come out recently. Meaning: no fanservice, no goopy love stories with bland, milquetoast nerds, and no overt otaku-baiting. There's lots of pastel colors, water-color backgrounds, and slice of life antics. Nothing amazing here really, but it's entertaining fluff that won't make you want to smash your brains out with a hammer. One of the recurring gags is that Ioryogi breathes fire on Kobato when she screws up, which is fairly often.

The Bad: Almost too cute for its own good, but it's not in a pervy, otaku-bating way at least.

The Good: Light and inoffensive.

Revised rankings for Fall '09:

1. A Certain Scientific Railgun
2. Kobato
3. Letter Bee
4. Sacred Blacksmith
5. Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra
6. Nyan Koi
7. Seitokai no Ichizon
8. Kampfer
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:03:43 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Himu

« Reply #1304 on: October 07, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
I remember when I used to watch a ton of season openers for anime seasons like Great Rumbler is doing now.

I honestly don't understand how the hell he can do it but whatever, power to the people.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1305 on: October 07, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »
I remember when I used to watch a ton of season openers for anime seasons like Great Rumbler is doing now.

I honestly don't understand how the hell he can do it but whatever, power to the people.

This is like the first season I've done this.  :lol

Edit: Updated rankings:

2. Kobato
3. Sasameki Koto
4. Letter Bee
5. Kimi ni Todoke
6. Sacred Blacksmith
7. Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra
8. Nyan Koi
9. Kampfer
10. Seitokai no Ichizon
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:03:46 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1306 on: October 08, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
Darker than Black 2 raw is out.

season just got a lot better.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1307 on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:03 AM »
[BSS]​_Darker​_Than​_Black​_-​_Gemini​_of​_the​_Meteor​_-​_01​_[D8FD1FE5].mkv

I will be watching it when it's done just like the 1st season.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1308 on: October 09, 2009, 03:12:18 PM »
Another round of first episodes and one second episode!

Shin Koihime Musou: Spinoff series of anime based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms with all-girl cast. Vapid, lots of fanservice.

11Eyes: Lots of supernatural goings-on, some highschool hijinks, and lots of inexplicable panty shots [well, I guess it's not THAT inexplicable considering the source material: a hentai game]. Somewhat reminiscent of Persona 3 down to the weird dark-world, Junpei-esque side character, and highschool-aged characters.

Book of Bantorra episode 2: Better than episode 1 and features much less terribad CG. Still not quite THERE, but I may stick around a little bit longer to see if it can make the leap.

Latest rankings:

2. Kobato
3. Sasameki Koto
4. Letter Bee
5. Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra
6. Kimi ni Todoke
7. 11Eyes
8. Sacred Blacksmith
9. Nyan Koi
10. Kampfer
11. Shin Koihime Musou
12. Seitokai no Ichizon
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:14:35 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1309 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
Shin Koihime Musou: Spinoff series of anime based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms with all-girl cast. Vapid, lots of fanservice.

The franchise re-imagines the classic Chinese historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sangokushi) as a "moe (fiery), moe (preciously cute) action love comedy" with an almost all-female cast.

:bow Greatest anime ever. :bow2
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1310 on: October 09, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »

The franchise re-imagines the classic Chinese historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sangokushi) as a "moe (fiery), moe (preciously cute) action love comedy" with an almost all-female cast.

:bow Greatest anime ever. :bow2

They're supposed to be warriors but the first episodes consists of a battle that last approximately 1 minutes and the other 20 minutes is about one girl obsessing about calling another of the girl's by her first name, a lot of misunderstandings ensue.

Oh, there was one really awesome thing about the first episodes. The strategist of the group is a little girl who wields lance while riding a PIG into a battle!
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #1311 on: October 10, 2009, 12:17:05 AM »
Just watched Kampfer Ep.2. This show is good.
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1312 on: October 10, 2009, 12:40:45 AM »
Scientific Railgun episode 2 came out today as well. It's pretty much more of the same as in episode one [lesbian hijinks, slice of life sort of stuff], but whatever, it's funny okay? Anyway, the guy that can repel Misaka's power makes a brief cameo, along with some thumping music, and there's also an awesome guitar track that plays along with the appearance of the dorm manager. Looks like we might get some real stuff going in the next episode.
dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1313 on: October 10, 2009, 01:57:03 AM »
kurokos glorious plans fail her again :lol

and touma cameos are cool
萌え~

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #1314 on: October 10, 2009, 03:04:18 AM »
DtB was great. Really good start.
Boo

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1315 on: October 10, 2009, 03:29:21 AM »
I want you to sit on my lap Junpei hon.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1316 on: October 10, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
I want you to sit on my lap Junpei hon.

MCD
NOW I'VE LOST IT

okkkk

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #1317 on: October 10, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »
 :lol
Boo

« Reply #1318 on: October 10, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
Hey guys! There is a new Gundam series coming!! Check out the teaser trailer!

Wait... what? What?  :-\
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1319 on: October 10, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
Hey guys! There is a new Gundam series coming!! Check out the teaser trailer!

Wait... what? What?  :-\

Samurai Pizza Cats?!

But enough about that. The Fall '09 season has its savior! All hail the once and future king: Kuuchu Buranko!!

[youtube=560,345]61v98-U8JKs[/youtube]
dog