Author Topic: McCain picks Alaska Gov. Palin as running mate  (Read 41547 times)

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
Re: McCain picks Alaska Gov. Palin as running mate
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »
If McCain wants to attract women, he needs to use his cybernetic mechano-cock.

wtc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »
my mom just found out about the pick. her response was almost exactly like some of the mom responses I saw on GAF:

"her infant is distinguished mentally-challenged? shouldn't she be home taking care of him?"

not the most politically correct wording, but still= :bow

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
"Senator McCain is such a maverick that he can make seemingly politically capricious and wholly nonsensical decisions at the drop of a hat just to undercut the effect of one speech.  In choosing Governor Palin he is willing to bet that her lack of experience and the 15 minutes he spoke to her makes her an excellent choice for the job of president of the United States of America  if he dies, which is a strong possibility."

All we need is a robot invasion, and it's just like Battlestar Galactica.  :hyper
©@©™

siamesedreamer

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2008, 06:13:27 PM »
Saw her on CNBC and I think she'll be a huge asset in the energy debate. Beyond that, I don't know.

I'm still in shock. Having a hard time processing what happened today. My wife absolutely hates the pick - thinks McCain is stoopit if he thinks he can convince women to vote for him just because he chose a woman. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some backlash from women because she's attractive too.

From what I saw in the CNBC interview I don't think she's a push-over. Just have to see how she handles herself in the next few weeks.

Grecco

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2008, 06:22:54 PM »
A couple of months ago i believed McCainn would win the election (In Fact i correctly predicted McCainn would be the Rep Nominee) now i really believe Obama will win this. Its a Gamble that wont pay off. Should have gone with Rommney.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2008, 06:27:32 PM »
interesting...

the criminal investigation over her allegedly firing a state trooper because he wouldn't fire a trooper who had a messy divorce with her sister is going to release their findings on October 31st...

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:18 PM »
The Democrats have so much ammunition now; all the issues about youth, inexperience, vapidity and celebrity disappear because if something happens to McCain, Palin takes over as Commander-in-Chief. It says alot about McCain's judgement.

Crushed

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »
interesting...

the criminal investigation over her allegedly firing a state trooper because he wouldn't fire a trooper who had a messy divorce with her sister is going to release their findings on October 31st...

Wow, the same day that the Pumpkin King of Halloweentown is elected. Jack Skellington should probably tell them to push it back to give the voters more time.
wtc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
plus her 16 year old daughter is preggers. You know, like Juno

http://www.spike.com/video/juno-like-city-in/2919340

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2008, 06:55:05 PM »
I tried to join Hillaryis44 to leave comments... its pissing me off that I havent been accepted yet

Are they fucking vetting me or something?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:02 PM »
In Palin's defense she's bold enough to call out global warming as not being a man-made phenomenon.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »
Palin's husband is an oilman who works for BP.
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »
I think the environment is a secodary factor to the economy going down the shitter.

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:04 PM »
my mom just found out about the pick. her response was almost exactly like some of the mom responses I saw on GAF:

"her infant is distinguished mentally-challenged? shouldn't she be home taking care of him?"

not the most politically correct wording, but still= :bow

:rofl holy shit

[/quote]
I'm still in shock. Having a hard time processing what happened today. My wife absolutely hates the pick - thinks McCain is stoopit if he thinks he can convince women to vote for him just because he chose a woman. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some backlash from women because she's attractive too.

agreed
Crm

Crushed

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
In Palin's defense she's bold enough to call out global warming as not being a man-made phenomenon.

A Republican!? Denying global warming!?

A TRUE MAVERICK
wtc

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2008, 07:38:48 PM »
She didn't deny the existence of global warming, only that it was man-made. She is no doubt all for ongoing debate on the matter, in the interest of proper, rational and scientific investigation. Just so long as the results of this process don't actually emerge until she has her disgustingly well-paid sinecure in the energy industry/military industrial complex. This is pretty much her stance on creationism too:

"In a 2006 gubernatorial debate, the soon-to-be governor of Alaska said of evolution and creation education, "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of education. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/08/mccains-vp-want.html

So fucking phoney it makes me want to hurl. Trying to ram this anti-intellectual bullshit down 8-yr olds' throats under the guise of open-minded scientific inquiry and rational debate. Ugh.
vjj

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2008, 07:42:19 PM »
This hasn't really sunk in yet.  It's soooo insane.
乱学者

Crushed

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
I also read that after there was some state wildlife report about how polar bears should be listed as endangered, she asked her own team to have their own study. They concluded the same thing.

She still said, "Well, I interpret the results of this expert study by scientists as saying polar bears shouldn't be listed as endangered. My decision is based on science."
wtc

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 08:02:50 PM »
I also read that after there was some state wildlife report about how polar bears should be listed as endangered, she asked her own team to have their own study. They concluded the same thing.

She still said, "Well, I interpret the results of this expert study by scientists as saying polar bears shouldn't be listed as endangered. My decision is based on science."

What she actually said was "My decision is based on a massive perversion of science"
vjj

Fresh Prince

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008, 08:10:36 PM »
The puma vote will be like the youf vote of 2004 it won't come to anything. 

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
My mother, a staunch Republican who was on the fence and leaning heavily towards McCain (her and her husband live very, very comfortably and the possibility of liberals taking more of their income angers them!) has - in light of Palin been picked as veep - decide to vote for...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
... Obama!  She doesn't like the fact that Palin only has very little experience in office and is a heartbeat away from the Presidency.  Surprise twist!
[close]
PSP

Crushed

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12987.html

— Mayoral performance. Palin, who portrays herself as a fiscal conservative, racked up nearly $20 million in long-term debt as mayor of the tiny town of Wasilla — that amounts to $3,000 per resident. She argues that the debt was needed to fund improvements.

That's not so impressive. I've racked up bigger debts on smaller towns in SimCity.

It was all his fault.  :'(
[close]
wtc

Beardo

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2008, 08:40:08 PM »
You guys just can't handle that we get all the cute ones! Plus she owns a gun!

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2008, 08:51:33 PM »
re. Willco's mom, I expect that to be a common reaction from fencesitters. This pick was based on reactionary splashiness, not wisdom or suitability. His campaign has sunk several of their talking points against Obama at no clear gain to themselves. After the hype dies down I think this will be shown as an incredible negative.
That said the debates should be AWESOME!
乱学者

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
Palin is two days of headlines and two months of headaches for the GOP.

The reason why the punditry is going bananas over the pick is that it defies all logic and everyone is seeking some rational reasoning as to why McCain picked her-the Occam's Razor explanation for the selection (complete, gross miscalculation and incompetence) is just too devastating to the McCain campaign.

Also, every liberal and a good chunk of the reasonable moderates in the country are quietly-though they aren't going to admit it-looking at her views of science, aborition, contraception, global warming, the environment, and energy and thinking to themselves "shit, if that old fuck dies we are going to be stuck with THAT monster". Did no one think of the consequences of putting a hard-line movement conservative  on the ticket?

I swear, part of me thinks that the GOP is using 2000 or 2004 era voter registration numbers to determine policy. If they wanted to win, they'd take their own smaller base for granted and run to the center, and hope that fear of the abortion holocaust and The Godless Communism would scare them up enough to get out and vote.
hex

etiolate

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2008, 09:46:14 PM »
Seems like Ann Coulter minus the cock.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »

The reason why the punditry is going bananas over the pick is that it defies all logic and everyone is seeking some rational reasoning as to why McCain picked her-the Occam's Razor explanation for the selection (complete, gross miscalculation and incompetence) is just too devastating to the McCain campaign.

Also, every liberal and a good chunk of the reasonable moderates in the country are quietly-though they aren't going to admit it-looking at her views of science, aborition, contraception, global warming, the environment, and energy and thinking to themselves "shit, if that old fuck dies we are going to be stuck with THAT monster". Did no one think of the consequences of putting a hard-line movement conservative  on the ticket?

I swear, part of me thinks that the GOP is using 2000 or 2004 era voter registration numbers to determine policy. If they wanted to win, they'd take their own smaller base for granted and run to the center, and hope that fear of the abortion holocaust and The Godless Communism would scare them up enough to get out and vote.

Great post

I was at my dad's practice today cleaning up and the hygienists (all female) were talking about this...and every single one kept pointing out the fact that she has an infant but will be campaigning for vice president instead of raising him; the fact that he's a special needs child wasn't even the big deal, it was the fact that this is a new born.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »

Great post

I was at my dad's practice today cleaning up and the hygienists (all female) were talking about this...and every single one kept pointing out the fact that she has an infant but will be campaigning for vice president instead of raising him; the fact that he's a special needs child wasn't even the big deal, it was the fact that this is a new born.

Did you ask them what they hell they were doing with jobs, and why they weren't in the kitchen cooking dinner for their husbands?
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2008, 10:48:46 PM »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/how-palin-came.html

Frag linked to that in the thread at GAF.  Good behind the scenes stuff and it reminds me of Bush picking Quayle.

There was a story in the Sunday WashPost or NY Times which excerpted from interviews about the VP selection process.  For the life of me I can't get Google to cough up the link.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

edit: As soon as I post this I find the story.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/30/AR2008053002627.html?sub=AR

Quote from: Stuart Spencer
Somewhere along the line, [Bush] was going to go with Quayle. He didn't tell [James A.] Baker that. . . . He didn't tell anybody that. I have no argument with his choice, but if you're going to pick a young, totally unknown senator from a state like Indiana, you'd better use the political process to see how it's going to work. . . . [He] should have made sure that Quayle's name was leaked so that it could be bounced around, so that the press could go do their vetting. . . . The first vetting Quayle gets is New Orleans [site of the Republican National Convention], where there are 5,000 animals who don't know who he is and are mad because they hadn't guessed who it could be. . . .

I go to Baker and Bush, and I say, "What do you want me to do with this guy?" By this time, they're in a state of shock. . . . I don't get any good answers. The answers were sort of a shrug: "Do what you want to do."

I looked at them and said, "Okay, I'm going to go out and bury the son of a bitch. We've got 90 days, and all they can do is harm you. He's going to every burg in America. He's not going to any high press level towns. He's going to do nothing." They didn't say no. . . .

After about 10 to 15 days of that, Quayle figured out what I was doing. . . . I don't lie very much, so when Dan asked me, I told him, ". . .You got off to a bum start, and it's not your fault. But you can't save George Bush. You can't win for George Bush. You can't do anything but be a problem for George Bush unless we do this right."

That's what I was reminded of.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:52:22 PM by Mandark »

Fresh Prince

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »
Conservatives are already trying to spin this; shares a border with two other countries, fiscal conservative, has exectuive experience compared to Obama's legistlative experience.
None of this is going to work people I feel aren't going to vote against/for her on a logical or policy level. 

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »
Yeah I was about to post that link for you to read Mandark.

I think it explains why there was never a serious trial balloon for Palin. The whole thing reeks of irrational behavior and terrible arrogance on McCain's part regarding what his campaign needs.

If he's wrong about Palin-and right now it looks like he is judging from pundit responses and overall WTF moments from the country-he's not just going to sink his own campaign, he's going to bring down the rest of the party with him. Had his advisors known sooner they would have done something to step in and force Pawlenty down the ticket's throat.
hex

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2008, 11:14:36 PM »

I think it explains why there was never a serious trial balloon for Palin. The whole thing reeks of irrational behavior and terrible arrogance on McCain's part regarding what his campaign needs.

If he's wrong about Palin-and right now it looks like he is judging from pundit responses and overall WTF moments from the country-he's not just going to sink his own campaign, he's going to bring down the rest of the party with him. Had his advisors known sooner they would have done something to step in and force Pawlenty down the ticket's throat.

That fits well with my impressions of McCain's decision-making process.

He is too intellectually lazy to do the prep work or ask the questions he needs to but his ego is so damn big that he doesn't realize that this is a problem.  He figures he can cruise on his own moral superiority and non-bullshitting common sense without listening to expert advice or studying up on his own.

I like "irrational behavior and terrible arrogance" as a slogan.  If it were on a McCain button I might wear that.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2008, 11:40:16 PM »
Bush still managed to win in 88 with Quayle, but then again Bush was going to win anyway. McCain doesn't have the advantage of succeeding a popular incumbent so yea, this could backfire. We just might be witnessing history folks

(btw that WashPost article is great)

drohne

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2008, 11:59:18 PM »
milf total. like tina fey with weightier bone structure. i've long had a thing for women with odious politics. glasses too

siamesedreamer

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2008, 01:38:02 AM »
The different types of reactions I've seen are crazy. My wife hates it, but one of my male friends says its shifted him from Obama. I'm still in complete shock he actually did this. Its like he called up the rising star AA player for a September cup of coffee for the team 7 games out of first.

Its obviously shrewd move. Way outside the box. I like it in that sense. But, she's got so many things to attack her on. It completely negates his experience angle. And I'm somewhat surprised at the reaction to her campaigning with a young child. I don't have any kids, so I guess I shouldn't understand it.

The pundits hate it. The mysoginists hate it. We'll see.

Crushed

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2008, 01:40:02 AM »
Your wife is a misogynist pundit?  ???
wtc

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2008, 01:41:31 AM »
I think the best argument is that its a cheap move that speaks poorly of mccain and insults palin, even if she isnt the best gov.
o_0

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2008, 01:47:19 AM »
(btw that WashPost article is great)

Isn't it?  It's like candy for American politics geeks.

I love the bit about Ford agreeing to be Reagan's VP but only if he secretly ran the White House.  It would have been like Cheney's good twin or something.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2008, 01:58:32 AM »
I'm going to bed. On a final note, perhaps we should congratulate John McCain - not for handing Obama the election, or proving his lack of judgment, or anything like that. This election season started out with more than 20 people running for president, and John McCain managed to choose a vice president with less experience or "qualifications" than every single one of them. That's not maverick status: that's MacGyver status
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:51:27 AM by Sec. of Defense James Heller »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2008, 02:03:53 AM »
I'm going to bed. On a final note, perhaps we should congratulate John McCain - not for handling Obama

This may be a c/p GAF post but it bears all the homoerotic subtext of the 'bore.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2008, 02:13:58 AM »
I'm going to bed. On a final note, perhaps we should congratulate John McCain - not for handling Obama the election, or proving his lack of judgment, or anything like that. This election season started out with more than 20 people running for president, and John McCain managed to choose a vice president with less experience or "qualifications" than every single one of them. That's not maverick status: that's MacGyver status

She's young, charismatic, and not part of the good ol' boys network at Washington. Isn't that pretty much the same reasons most people are getting so hyped up over Obama? 85,000 weren't cheering and bawling their eyes out last night because they really like his policies.
©@©™

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2008, 02:16:32 AM »
I love the bit about Ford agreeing to be Reagan's VP but only if he secretly ran the White House.

This was also my response when I got offered a job writing software for a defense contractor.

I'd tell you how they answered but it's classified.
[close]
QED

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2008, 02:32:44 AM »
I love the bit about Ford agreeing to be Reagan's VP but only if he secretly ran the White House.

This was also my response when I got offered a job writing software for a defense contractor.

I'd tell you how they answered but it's classified.
[close]

If Raytheon starts manufacturing a battlefield-ready chemical that makes all smooth-skinned men impotent I think we'll have all the answer we need.

Tundra

• Shower Expert
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2008, 03:55:25 AM »
As a foreigner watching american politics i was kind of on the fence till now regarding McCain and Obama, i thought this time i could live with both being president of the US. After eight years of Bush, "even" McCain would be a good choice, if you are a little openminded and have read up on him a little bit (which i admit a lot of people here in Euroland do not seem to do unfortunately). He is a respectable man, and has views i can live with.

But the rightwing Milf as his running mate destroyed this Balance, and sadly, i hope Obama wins now.
poo

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »
Oh my god she wasn't vetted at all  :lol
haw

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »
re. Willco's mom, I expect that to be a common reaction from fencesitters. This pick was based on reactionary splashiness, not wisdom or suitability. His campaign has sunk several of their talking points against Obama at no clear gain to themselves. After the hype dies down I think this will be shown as an incredible negative.
That said the debates should be AWESOME!

Agreed on all points.  The only thing I would have to caution Biden about is that if he's perceived as "picking on the woman" then it could cause a backlash, like after the NH debate where Obama and Edwards took the knives to Hillary.  So he's actually got to walk a bit of a tight rope.

I will say that it's pretty hilarious to watch the GOP flapping heads try to make this look like the best possible pick.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »

Not picking Pawlenty is a big mistake, imo.  People talk about Obama competing in the south, but he's going to win because he can appeal to people in the mid-west and western states- Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, and the western triumvirate of Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada.  Palin really doesn't fuck with that.  Picking Pawlenty makes it at least HARD to win one of those states, and probably saves Coleman's Senate seat in the bargain.  Now Pawlenty is apparently pissed at McCain for jerking him around and going in a bizarre direction at the last second.  Haha.
yar

siamesedreamer

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2008, 10:26:37 AM »
Not picking Pawlenty is a big mistake, imo.  People talk about Obama competing in the south, but he's going to win because he can appeal to people in the mid-west and western states- Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, and the western triumvirate of Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada.  Palin really doesn't fuck with that.  Picking Pawlenty makes it at least HARD to win one of those states, and probably saves Coleman's Senate seat in the bargain.  Now Pawlenty is apparently pissed at McCain for jerking him around and going in a bizarre direction at the last second.  Haha.

Agree with all that. Having slept on this its easy to see the disaster Palin will be.

You got a link for Pawlenty being pissed?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »

Agree with all that. Having slept on this its easy to see the disaster Palin will be.

You got a link for Pawlenty being pissed?

Pawlenty AND Mittens.  lolz.

If I were in your shoes sd, I'd be most pissed that the candidate most likely to pick someone to help shut out the evangelical yahoos from the party instead went with a paleo-conservative nutbar.  Granted, I'd totally nail her but hate sex isn't what picking vps is all about. 
yar

Beardo

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »
Once again internet message boards prove how out of touch they are with reality. She is a great choice and I don't think it could have been better. She couldn't be further away from washington. She has a record of fightig corruption and she a hard working american.

Outside of the basement dwellers and libs she is seen as a great choice.

And what kind of argument is "she has a distinguished mentally-challenged infant she needs to take care of it, why didn't she abort it?" Is just a fucking silly argument.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2008, 10:54:03 AM »
Once again internet message boards prove how out of touch they are with reality. She is a great choice and I don't think it could have been better. She couldn't be further away from washington. She has a record of fightig corruption and she a hard working american.

Outside of the basement dwellers and libs she is seen as a great choice.

And what kind of argument is "she has a distinguished mentally-challenged infant she needs to take care of it, why didn't she abort it?" Is just a fucking silly argument.

1. Check the news. Read the newspaper. Everything we are saying has been mentioned in the press. The pick was met with near universal "errr...wtf is he doing" emotions

2. You're right: the pick couldn't be farther away from Washington, unless McCain decided to choose a Russian bartender.

3. Who is arguing she should have aborted her baby, who might or might not be hers to begin with? People are more concerned that as a mother she has decided to run for office instead of raise her special needs child

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
I thought Pawlenty was pretty much a lock for veep, but I doubt he'll be miffed for more than a day.
PSP

Beardo

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
I think that's for her to decide not pimply internet nerds.

Oh I forgot you guys get butthurt when you can't tell people what to do.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

You're right, it is for her to decide. All I know is that there are a lot of women and mothers out there confused about her parental judgment.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »

Yup, she gets to decide.  We get to judge her character based on her decisions.  Funny how that works. 

BTW, your tears are going to be DELICIOUS in November.  I really hope they can get 10 Senate seats so we can tell Lieberman to fuck off.
yar

Beardo

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
How are they confused? Strong woman wants to be the vp.

Would you guys be saying this if it was a father of 5?

Didn't think so sexist hypocrite.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
a father can raise an infant but even you must realize it's not the same as a mother's care. there's nothing sexist about that

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »
How are they confused? Strong woman wants to be the vp.

Would you guys be saying this if it was a father of 5?

Didn't think so sexist hypocrite.

It's just a dumb choice, for about a hundred different reasons.  Fuck, the reasons that McCain thinks it's a GOOD choice, are in fact BAD REASONS.  But hey, thanks for the election.  I'll think of you when I'm getting my teeth fixed with gubment health care.
yar

siamesedreamer

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »
If I were in your shoes sd, I'd be most pissed that the candidate most likely to pick someone to help shut out the evangelical yahoos from the party instead went with a paleo-conservative nutbar. 

Wasn't going to happen. I would have been more pissed if he picked Huck. At least Palin has the gay rights feather in her hat. That's an improvement over just about anyone else.

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
@Frag: excellent post

@ 'she should be taking care of kids':  wtf guys?  Would you be thinking the same if it was Palin's husband that was picked?  I can't believe so many peopel - and all the women too like willco's - are actually avoiding Palin BECAUSE of her 'not taking care' of her disabled kid.  You can be disgusted of Palin for a million other reasons - which is what i am doing - but that?

???
Crm