Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 462882 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
:rock the REAL pnw :rock
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
that said, i am not looking forward to the rossi/gregoire rematch :'(
duc

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »
I love the Rossi billboards over in Spokane basically slamming Seattle.

He's also renting time on the video screen down on I-5 between Federal Way and Fife. He's trying to attract Obama voters wanting "change."

Fuck that smug douchebag.

It irks me about how all the Repubs around here are still bitter about the last gubernatorial election, yet tell all of us to shut up about 2000's presidential election.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:55:16 PM by distantmantra »
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
gregoire's been kind of a shitty guv :'(

i didn't absolutely hate rossi, but since i am so adamantly and irrationally anti-republican this cycle, CHRIS "where's the -tine" GREGOIRE gets mah vote
duc

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
i figured it would be the bastion of small gov't politics coupled with a strong sense of "leave me alone" type sentiment.
FoC I think you know where to move now.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Id be REALLY depressed if WA went publican
o_0

« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
gregoire's been kind of a shitty guv :'(

i didn't absolutely hate rossi, but since i am so adamantly and irrationally anti-republican this cycle, CHRIS "where's the -tine" GREGOIRE gets mah vote

Yeah, she hasn't been the best, but I'm like you when it comes to Republicans. The only Republican I like is Sam Reed.

I really want Bergeson voted out as Superintendent of Public Instruction. Randy Dorn needs to win.

MAF, there is NO WAY that we'd go to McCain. Rossi maybe, but McCain, no chance in hell.
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
yeah, i love my state even if my country pisses me the fuck off, and i'd hate to see them sell out to the miserable duh hyuck set and its rabid anti-intellectualism

the west side of the cascades: because we ARE better than you!
duc

MrAngryFace

Even if McCain wins, i'll know that WA didnt help
o_0

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
straight talk!

never vote a republican governor-all you get is tax cuts that turn into budget deficits which then get passed onto local municipalities. We should be able to fight off our challenger here in NC but man GOP governors send your state the shitter faster than a seedy taqueria will send your ass to one.

hex

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
our republicans tend to run on fiscal conservatism uber alles, which is fine -- they really only mouth the nutty christian social conservatism angle in the few rare cases. that said, i also think the crooked and downright grossly mismanaged seattle city council and mayorship could use a shakeup, if the democrats could afford it
duc

MrAngryFace

ME FOR MAYOR! EXPERIENCE DOES NOT MATTER!
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
straight talk!

never vote a republican governor-all you get is tax cuts that turn into budget deficits which then get passed onto local municipalities. We should be able to fight off our challenger here in NC but man GOP governors send your state the shitter faster than a seedy taqueria will send your ass to one.

our democrat governors have been consistently average to great and rarely -- if ever -- bad, but our republican ones have been legendarily awful, even when compared to other states.

on the other hand, the democratic seattle mayorship and city council, and the broader king county offices, have been utterly fuckin' dyed-in-the-wool crooked, craven, incestuous and criminally irresponsible -- basically, they might as well be republicans! worst of all, they aren't even FUN crooked, like a marion barry -- they're just weaselly and whiny and disingenuous at all turns.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:07:39 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon

over the pass isn't a bad place, provided you never talk to the people.

I wouldn't mind living in a place like walla walla or pullman at all. Then again, I'm a total sucker for sleepy western college towns-hello Logan, UT (a city I've visited once that I thought was really cool). Also, BIRDZ.
hex

MrAngryFace

o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
it's actually packed to the gills with religious kooks

three types live in the woods: criminals, crypto-libertarian roughnecks and religious nutters too crazy to have a city church

palin is a three-fer!

Horribly true story- one of my best friends is Hawaiian on his mom's side.  Almost all of his mother's family in Hawaii became Mormons and moved to Alaska.  WTF.
yar

MrAngryFace

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26614955#26614955 -- msnbc may be all LIBRUL, but at least theyre vetting Palin
o_0

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:20 PM »
our republicans tend to run on fiscal conservatism uber alles, which is fine -- they really only mouth the nutty christian social conservatism angle in the few rare cases. that said, i also think the crooked and downright grossly mismanaged seattle city council and mayorship could use a shakeup, if the democrats could afford it

Remember Ellen Craswell? She was the Republican nominee (and big time Evangelical Christian) for Governor back in 1996.

After Democrat Mike Lowry announced that he would not seek re-election due to allegations of sexual harassment, Craswell announced that she would win. During her legislative career, she gained a strong identity as an Evangelical Christian and member of the Christian right. Craswell was very open about her religious identity, prompting concern among some in the Republican Party that she would have difficulty in moderately liberal Washington. During the campaign, Craswell successfully appealed to suburban conservatives with more moderate social leanings by promising to repeal more than a third of state taxes and cut 30 percent of the state budget. In September 1996, she narrowly gained the primary nod, receiving 15.26% of the primary vote and defeating nearest Republican opponent Dale Foreman, who received 13.37%.

Craswell campaigned both on fiscal issues and as an unabashed conservative Christian. She gained media coverage for comments, including those where she described herself as a "radical," declared that she would hire only "wise and godly people" as staffers, and listed God at the top of her campaign organisation chart. Education also became an important issue during the campaign, with Craswell supporting heavy localisation and a tuition-based system for all schools, and Democratic opponent Gary Locke supporting a more state-centric system. Craswell successfully ran a grassroots campaign, receiving campaign contributions from only individuals and advertising only on billboards and yard signs and at campaign events.

Craswell's outspoken position on social issues - including comments that gay rights were "special rights for sodomites" - did not resonate with voters in the state.[citation needed] In November, Craswell was defeated by Locke, receiving only 42.04% of the vote.[1]

I wasn't able to vote yet, but I did everything I could as a wee 15 year old lad to ensure she lost to Gary Locke. She came and spoke to my high school government class, we ate her alive.  :lol

I wouldn't mind living in a place like walla walla or pullman at all. Then again, I'm a total sucker for sleepy western college towns-hello Logan, UT (a city I've visited once that I thought was really cool). Also, BIRDZ.

I lived in Ellensburg for two years while I was getting my Master's degree. It's actually really nice town, but I couldn't wait to move back to Seattle.

MAF, your platform should revolve around bringing even more fine dining to Mill Creek.

"If elected, I will bring a second Round Table Pizza to the citizens of my fair town!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:41:44 PM by distantmantra »
野球

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
 :bow Subarctic environments :bow2

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
alaska is a really beautiful place; shame about the dumbfucks
pcp

MrAngryFace

Remember Ellen Craswell? She was the Republican nominee (and big time Evangelical Christian) for Governor back in 1996.

After Democrat Mike Lowry announced that he would not seek re-election due to allegations of sexual harassment, Craswell announced that she would win. During her legislative career, she gained a strong identity as an Evangelical Christian and member of the Christian right. Craswell was very open about her religious identity, prompting concern among some in the Republican Party that she would have difficulty in moderately liberal Washington. During the campaign, Craswell successfully appealed to suburban conservatives with more moderate social leanings by promising to repeal more than a third of state taxes and cut 30 percent of the state budget. In September 1996, she narrowly gained the primary nod, receiving 15.26% of the primary vote and defeating nearest Republican opponent Dale Foreman, who received 13.37%.

Craswell campaigned both on fiscal issues and as an unabashed conservative Christian. She gained media coverage for comments, including those where she described herself as a "radical," declared that she would hire only "wise and godly people" as staffers, and listed God at the top of her campaign organisation chart. Education also became an important issue during the campaign, with Craswell supporting heavy localisation and a tuition-based system for all schools, and Democratic opponent Gary Locke supporting a more state-centric system. Craswell successfully ran a grassroots campaign, receiving campaign contributions from only individuals and advertising only on billboards and yard signs and at campaign events.

Craswell's outspoken position on social issues - including comments that gay rights were "special rights for sodomites" - did not resonate with voters in the state.[citation needed] In November, Craswell was defeated by Locke, receiving only 42.04% of the vote.[1]

I wasn't able to vote yet, but I did everything I could as a wee 15 year old lad to ensure she lost to Gary Locke. She came and spoke to my high school government class, we ate her alive.  :lol

I lived in Ellensburg for two years while I was getting my Master's degree. It's actually really nice town, but I couldn't wait to move back to Seattle.

MAF, your platform should revolve around bringing even more fine dining to Mill Creek.

"If elected, I will bring a second Round Table Pizza to the citizens of my fair town!"

Ive never been there actually, I can always smell them from across the street when im getting groceries. hmm pizza
o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

good lord I fucking hope so, Obama
o_0

huckleberry

Interview with Glenn Greenwald

Little late..but great interview about how the media was handled before and during the Republican convention. 
wub

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

(Image removed from quote.)

i stand by that voter roll tampering makes me want to stab bitches in the face.
Tonya

Mandark

• Icon
Can't argue with that!

For the life of me I don't know why registration isn't automatic/why we don't have elections on Saturdays.

Beardo

« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
Im beginning to change my view on Palin. :/ Oh well

But let me address the issue about the voter purge. When done accurately Purging voters is essential to prevent voter fraud. If you move or lose your house etc.. It's essential to get rid of these people in the database to prevent fraud.  

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Can't argue with that!

For the life of me I don't know why registration isn't automatic/why we don't have elections on Saturdays.

Saturday elections would get even lower turnout due to things such as College Football.
XDF

Mandark

• Icon
Then we must outlaw college football.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
My ulterior motives are becoming apparent, no?
[close]

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Then we must outlaw college football.

My ulterior motives are becoming apparent, no?
[close]

This would be the one thing that would cause nationwide secession and unity. No matter what stance a person has, you don't fuck with their College Football.

Unless you seriously want to die. And even then there are quicker/nicer ways. college football fans are rabid and nasty with their kills. They take enjoyment in extracting the most pain possible.
[close]
XDF

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

Unless you seriously want to die. And even then there are quicker/nicer ways. college football fans are rabid and nasty with their kills. They take enjoyment in extracting the most pain possible.
[close]

they force them to become Redskins fans?

the BASTARDS
Tonya

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2008, 01:47:17 PM »
Im beginning to change my view on Palin. :/ Oh well

But let me address the issue about the voter purge. When done accurately Purging voters is essential to prevent voter fraud. If you move or lose your house etc.. It's essential to get rid of these people in the database to prevent fraud.  

well no shit.  it wouldn't be an issue if states were attempting to be careful and accurate in their purging.  instead they're dropping hundreds of thousands of people that would most likely vote democratic, so we're pissed.  it's insane how bad it has been able to get (and how long it has gone on) without becoming huge news.
pcp

MrAngryFace

Ohio is the new Florida.
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2008, 01:51:54 PM »
ohio already became florida in 2004
pcp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56:29 PM »
Looks like Colorado will be the new Ohio then.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »
 it's insane how bad it has been able to get (and how long it has gone on) without becoming huge news.

See, this demonstrates a major problem in the United States. Who is supposed to be throwing the stinks and dictate when enough is enough? All of that responsibility is placed on media. This is in part understandable as it's obviously quite difficult for common people to dig up information and distribute it on a level that mainstream media can, but people don't even throw public stinks here even after the grunt work has been done by the news media. Other nations would have been bordering on the edge of total street wars were the people in those nations to experience American levels of corporate and governmental corruption. Why are Americans so "tolerant" of obvious bullshit that affects them?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
many, many americans care more about preserving the sense of security fostered by ignorance than anything else

we are a society in mortal terror of stress
duc

Beardo

« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
 it's insane how bad it has been able to get (and how long it has gone on) without becoming huge news.

See, this demonstrates a major problem in the United States. Who is supposed to be throwing the stinks and dictate when enough is enough? All of that responsibility is placed on media. This is in part understandable as it's obviously quite difficult for common people to dig up information and distribute it on a level that mainstream media can, but people don't even throw public stinks here even after the grunt work has been done by the news media. Other nations would have been bordering on the edge of total street wars were the people in those nations to experience American levels of corporate and governmental corruption. Why are Americans so "tolerant" of obvious bullshit that affects them?

Probably because the majority of americans dont get their news from exaggerated dailykos mouth breathers or a website called dissentradio.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:12:54 PM by Beardo »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Quote from: Beardo
Probably because the majority of americans dont get their news

fix'd
duc

Beardo

« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
Quote from: Beardo
Probably because the majority of americans dont get their news

fix'd

Yes this too.

Mandark

• Icon
I'm too busy not reading my law shit, but some of you might want to read What's the matter with "What's the Matter with Kansas?"

cliff notes:

-Rich, educated whites are more interested in social issues than poor, uneducated whites.
-working-class whites care more about economic issues than social issues.
-Working-class-whites are not that socially conservative and actually lean Democrat on many social issues, like abortion and gun control. But are actually closer to the Republicans on economic issues.

Old!

That essay was part of the reason I decided not to spend money on What's The Matter With Kansas.  Still, somewhere on my to-do list is reading WTMWK, giving a closer reading to the Bartels essay, then reading Red State Blue State Rich State Poor State.

Or I could just say that all active Republicans at this point are dumbs by definition and not worry about it.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2008, 02:18:29 PM »
Or I could just say that all active Republicans at this point are dumbs

reallly not too far from the truth right now
pcp

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2008, 02:46:29 PM »

Looks like Florida is the new Ohio, and Ohio is the new Florida.There's only one Bush state that's approaching any degree of being "out of reach" at this point for Obama and that's Missouri (McCain and the Fundie Wretch have been trolling there the last few days in an attempt to "close out" the state, which is stupid because it's not going to get abandoned for another four or five weeks at the earliest).
hex

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »

Looks like Florida is the new Ohio, and Ohio is the new Florida.There's only one Bush state that's approaching any degree of being "out of reach" at this point for Obama and that's Missouri (McCain and the Fundie Wretch have been trolling there the last few days in an attempt to "close out" the state, which is stupid because it's not going to get abandoned for another four or five weeks at the earliest).

:(

listening to all the dumbfucks gushing over them here in MO has been pretty disheartening.  did you know that mccain and palin are pro-conservation, while obama doesn't care about the environment because he never even talks about it?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:56:59 PM by Positive Touch »
pcp

MrAngryFace

Its easy to lie when no one is around to say ummm
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I kinda wish the DNC was the second convention...that way Obama's fuckawesome speech would be the thing on everybody's mind, not this bullshit.
püp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Or I could just say that all active Republicans at this point are dumbs by definition and not worry about it.
Willfully ignorant are the words you're looking for.
que

patrickula

I kinda wish the DNC was the second convention...that way Obama's fuckawesome speech would be the thing on everybody's mind, not this bullshit.
This is what I was realizing today.  The sloppy RNC seemed embarrassing in comparison to the polished spectacle of the DNC, but the RNC had the final word.  And the Palin story eclipsed Obama's historic first black nominee speech right away.  While the execution and decision making going on by McCain has been suspect, the timing and actual impact have worked out pretty well so far.  The attention span of the media/populace is seemingly infinitesimal.

It kinda blows my mind that they both got the same size convention bump even though the conventions were so different.  Who are these people swinging around in the middle?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »

I disagree; Florida and Missouri are out of reach to me. The latest polling shows McCain up 5 in Florida. Perhaps it's best to simply write that state off for democrats (unless Hillary's on the ticket)

Colorado strikes me as The State that'll be keeping everyone up late into Wednesday. I could see NC having a similar effect   

MrAngryFace

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/09/barack-obamas-countdown-v_n_125022.html -- I need to find the rest of the oreilly interview. The olber interview WAS boring.
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I will donate $100 to EB via Willco if McCain wins this Novembers election.

Make me poorer, McCain, NOBAMA!

You're not even an American, STFU.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #234 on: September 09, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- In an election for President of the United States in North Carolina Tuesday, September 09, Republican John McCain suddenly and breathtakingly surges to a 20-point win over Democrat Barack Obama, 58% to 38%, according to this latest exclusive SurveyUSA election poll conducted for ABC11-WTVD.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/politics&id=6380065

whats up with this Triumph  :-\

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
What the fuck what the fuck what the FUCK

Fuck this country.  60 percent of America is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged beyond all belief.

Goddamn the media, goddamn Palin, urghhhhhh
püp

MrAngryFace

Ill continue to consider the west coast its own little corner of the world.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »
looks like the Palin pick has merely made red states redder. i don't buy this crap that she's going to convince moderates to move to Mccain at the end of the day.

as long as Obama keeps Iowa+NM he's ok.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
What the fuck what the fuck what the FUCK

Fuck this country.  60 percent of America is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged beyond all belief.

Goddamn the media, goddamn Palin, urghhhhhh

that's just north carolina, NOT the us
duc

MrAngryFace

o_0