Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 466360 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1440 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
I remember less whacko McCain from a while back, its the same McCain I said I wouldnt mind bein president if it turned out that way. Now he's all crazy.
o_0

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1441 on: September 24, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »
I'm listening to the stream while I write reports at work. Obama is doing a good job responding.

"Presidents are going to have to deal with more than one thing at a time."
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1442 on: September 24, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
“It’s my belief that this is exacty the time the American people need to hear from the person who in approximately 40 days will be responsible with dealing with this mess.”

“It’s more important than ever that we present ourselves to the American people and describe where we want to take our country and where we want to take our economy.”

“What I’ve told the leadership in Congress is that if I can be helpful then I am prepared to be anywhere, anytime. What I think is important is that we don’t suddenly infuse Capitol Hill with presidential politics…”

“Presidents are going to have to deal with more than one thing at a time. It’s not necessary for us to think that we can only do one thing and suspend everything else.”

"If we need to be in Washington, we both have big planes that we've painted our slogans on"

:punch :punch

MrAngryFace

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1443 on: September 24, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »
New McCain Ad:

"I'm having a great time."

"Really, Senator Obama? Our economy is in a crisis and you're *Obama clip* "having a great time. gr-gr-gr-great time-ime-ime".

I'm John McCain, and I approve this message"
o_0

Phoenix Dark

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #1445 on: September 24, 2008, 05:41:23 PM »
joe biden live - rockin' the mic:

http://www.barackobama.com/live/index.php
pyh

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
wha

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1447 on: September 24, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »
McCain pissed off Letterman by bailing out of their taping
David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"
http://drudgereport.com/flash3cbm.htm

:lol :lol :lol

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1448 on: September 24, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »
 :bow Letterman :bow2

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1449 on: September 24, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »
Fox News just reported that John McCain currently does not plan to attend the debate Friday night but that if a plan is agreed to by Friday, he will
:lol

Am I dreaming?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1450 on: September 24, 2008, 06:37:24 PM »
I haven't seen a maverick fail this badly since:

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1451 on: September 24, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »
Man, if he doesn't show up to the debate... man.

Also, I have to say that the thought of Palin going on Letterman is hilarious.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1452 on: September 24, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
Malek  :lol

McCain accidentally sent his talking points to the media
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Suspension_The_talking_points.html?showall

his campaign is imploding, Hillary style

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1453 on: September 24, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
He might as well just concede now.
püp

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #1454 on: September 24, 2008, 06:46:53 PM »
Awesome  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1455 on: September 24, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »
Ah ha!

Things just crystalized.  On THE MOTHERFUCKING SITUATION ROOM just now the McCain camp apparently said they want to move Friday's debate to next Thursday, and bump the VP debate to "a later date". 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
yar

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #1456 on: September 24, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »
Malek  :lol

McCain accidentally sent his talking points to the media
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Suspension_The_talking_points.html?showall

his campaign is imploding, Hillary style

:o :o :o :o
pyh

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1457 on: September 24, 2008, 06:56:14 PM »
Ah ha!

Things just crystalized.  On THE MOTHERFUCKING SITUATION ROOM just now the McCain camp apparently said they want to move Friday's debate to next Thursday, and bump the VP debate to "a later date". 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the potential timeline:

September 26th: McCain fails to show up for presidential debate.
October 2nd: VP Debate - Palin gets shit canned by Biden in the debate, is seen as unprepared and acknowledgeable
October 7th: McCain shows up for debate - which is scheduled to be about the economy

Maybe Obama was right to switch the first debate to foreign policy afterall. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1458 on: September 24, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »
What the hell is mccain doing? Does he want to look presidential? Most people that are smart enough will see right through this. Those that aren't are already republicans. Is trying to buy time for Palin? He wont get it. Does he think that he'll be able to ride in on the glorious bailout bill? Again any smart enough...
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1459 on: September 24, 2008, 07:10:21 PM »
Palin got owned by Couric?

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.
http://home.comcast.net/~duncanblack/couricpalin.htm

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1460 on: September 24, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »
Palin got owned by Couric?

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

http://home.comcast.net/~duncanblack/couricpalin.htm

Jesus Christ, it's like a parody.

duckman2000

« Reply #1461 on: September 24, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though

Because, you know, he's a loose cannon, and more recently, because that's what they want him to be known as (sans the loose cannon stuff). I wish I could be a politician so that I could pick my own nickname.

Rman

duckman2000

« Reply #1463 on: September 24, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »
Good grief

[youtube=425,350]Vbg6hF0nShQ[/youtube]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1464 on: September 24, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »
Ah ha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the potential timeline:

September 26th: McCain fails to show up for presidential debate.
October 2nd: VP Debate - Palin gets shit canned by Biden in the debate, is seen as unprepared and acknowledgeable
October 7th: McCain shows up for debate - which is scheduled to be about the economy

Maybe Obama was right to switch the first debate to foreign policy afterall. 

Except that the October 7th debate is the Town Hall style one moderated by Brokaw.  The domestic issues debate is the last one, currently (maybe?) scheduled for October 15th.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1465 on: September 24, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »
for realz? ah

well i bet most of the questions will concern the economy

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1466 on: September 24, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »
i feel that this is what it's like to live in a christopher buckley book
Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1467 on: September 24, 2008, 08:01:34 PM »
Haha oh man, I bet he thought this week would be better than last week.
o_0

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1468 on: September 24, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »
Take it easy on her guys, she was just reading from the teleprompter.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:rofl
[close]
©ZH

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #1469 on: September 24, 2008, 08:32:02 PM »
I'm not entirely convinced that McCain delaying the debates is a bad move; the nation first narrative will probably work. ::)
I mean after Palin's success it seems people are gullible enough to believe anything.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1470 on: September 24, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »
This campaign is completely hilarious.

« Reply #1471 on: September 24, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
One of my good friends thinks this was a good move on McCain's part and that he continues to be a "beacon of hope for America." I think we'll just stop talking politics and be friends.  ::)
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1472 on: September 24, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »
This campaign is completely hilarious.

I hope it wins Best Comedy during the Emmys 2009
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1473 on: September 24, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »
Good grief

OMFG

How can anyone see this shit and want to vote for this person?  HOW?

Oh yeah, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow baby.
yar

Debaser

« Reply #1474 on: September 24, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »
OMFG

One of the people in that interview is an intelligent, informed, competent woman with a grasp on the issues

and one is a candidate for Vice President of the United States :(

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1475 on: September 24, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »
One of my good friends thinks this was a good move on McCain's part and that he continues to be a "beacon of hope for America." I think we'll just stop talking politics and be friends.  ::)

you shoulda started hitting him as soon as he said "beacon of hope"
pcp

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1476 on: September 24, 2008, 10:01:26 PM »
:bow debaser :bow2

I need a "I have no good reason to have this sign in my yard!" sticker for all the McCain/palin signs I see. Especially one for my mother in law. :maf
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1477 on: September 24, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »
McCain's meltdown was so severe that it unfroze my account
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1478 on: September 24, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
not exactly a three day resurrection but I'll take it :bow

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1479 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »
:bow Patel :bow2
yar

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1480 on: September 24, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »
:bow :bow return of patel, evilbore's lord democrat :bow2 :bow2
duc

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #1481 on: September 24, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »
McCain's meltdown was so severe that it unfroze my account

:-X
wha

duckman2000

« Reply #1482 on: September 24, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »
It's amazing, though. Everything she says is rehearsed, and hey, that might work... as long as no one pushes for a different angle, or even just for some clarification. Which, you know, happens quite often in real life. It's nearly incomprehensibly screwed up that this woman is actually, seriously, a candidate for Vice President of the United States.

Tristam

« Reply #1483 on: September 24, 2008, 10:37:57 PM »
omg Patel is back. :hyper

And I'm catching up on everything right now. I was behind in a class and pulled an all-nighter (which was preceded by an all-dayer) to play catch up for a big exam. I took the exam, went to work, and then came home and accidentally took a six hour nap. And my mind is still reeling from the McCain campaign's stunt and from Palin's interview with Couric.

It's amazing, though. Everything she says is rehearsed, and hey, that might work... as long as no one pushes for a different angle, or even just for some clarification. Which, you know, happens quite often in real life. It's nearly incomprehensibly screwed up that this woman is actually, seriously, a candidate for Vice President of the United States.

Near the end of the Couric interview I wonder if she deliberately misconstrued Katie's paraphrased description of McCain as praise -- either she's that dishonest or that imperceptive.

Either way, holy shit that woman is clueless.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:45:07 PM by Tristam »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1484 on: September 24, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »

Dan Quayle wasn't preparation enough? How soon we forget...
vjj

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1485 on: September 24, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »
Breaking News ABC: Final Deal has been drafted, might be put through thursday afternoon

Mavericks work at the speed of light :bow

edit:
A source just sent us a copy of the working draft of the bailout plan circulating, as of about two hours ago, in the House.*

Based on our quick look, it includes a strong provision for congressional oversight, limits executive pay, and would allow bankruptcy judges to adjust mortgages in order to help homeowners, among other items. In other words, the major Democratic priorities.

Things have been changing so quickly on the Hill -- even before McCain's dramatic announcement -- that there's no telling what's occurred in the intervening period.

The source, who's a well-connected Democratic lobbyist, added in an email to TPMmuckraker that "the deal on the "bail out" is 98 percent done. Treasury has capitulated on almost every point. A draft is circulating on the Hill now. No one needs McCain to help do the remaining 2 percent."

Late Update: As we should have mentioned earlier, the draft plan also contains a provision designed to "maximiz[e] taxpayer benefits" by requiring that the Treasury "obtain warrants" (i.e. stock futures) if it makes a direct purchase of a company. That's intended to ensure that taxpayers get a share of any future profits, and it's another element Democrats have been insisting on.

*Ed. Note: A well-placed Hill source subsequently tells us that this version has actually been circulating for a couple of days, and that while it's still mostly operative, it is not the latest iteration of the alternative to the Bush plan.
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/tpmmuckraker_exclusive_house_d.php
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:47:34 PM by Sec. of Defense James Heller »

Tristam

« Reply #1486 on: September 24, 2008, 11:02:05 PM »
One of the problems with the insta-poll is that it's (presumably?) polling people who were instantly -- or nearly instantly -- informed about the issue. How many registered American voters are completely oblivious to political news? Freezeframe polls can report skewed results for many reasons, but that's one that worries me.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1487 on: September 24, 2008, 11:02:56 PM »
democrats > dumbfuck poser americans frontin' like bootstrappers

god, talk radio was full of call-in distinguished mentally-challenged fellows goin' NO BAILOUT WE NEED A DEPRESSION AH WANNA SEE MAH NEIGHBOR LOSE HIS FANCY HOUSE AND AH TOOK MAH MONIES OUT OF THE BANK GONNA KEEP IT UNDER THE BED AND I KIN GROW FRESH VEGGIES TO LIVE HNRF HAW HAW and someone called in and said DEFLATION MOTHERFUCKERS YOU WILL PAY FOR $100 BREAD and then they said GOOD AS LONG AS MAH STUPID NEIGHBOR LOSES HIS FANCY HOUSE AND BOAT HE PAID FOR WITH MONEY HE DIDN'T EARN HAWHAW AH DID IT ALL LIKE MAH GRANDPAPPY LORDY LORD AH SO SMART AND RESOURCEFUL

and it was all OUR STUPID GREEDY CONSUMER NEIGHBORS ARE TO BLAME versus BIG GOVERNMENT IS TO BLAME and no-one pointed a finger at the crooked wall street fraud maestros who got us here in the first place
duc

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1488 on: September 24, 2008, 11:04:28 PM »
Good grief

OMFG

At this point, I'm convinced that the downie baby would do a better job running the country than McCain/Palin would...
^_^

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1489 on: September 24, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »
hahaha oh mccain, if it goes through by tomorrow you'll have 700 billion eggs on your face.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1490 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:19 PM »
sounds like it's gonna be drafted tomorrow morning lawl

Tristam

« Reply #1491 on: September 24, 2008, 11:12:28 PM »
Quote from: Sporsk
To recap: McCain is a lying scumbag, Bush ruins yet another business he's involved in, Palin knows as much about running the country as Kittonwy.

omg Sporsk. 

I'm usually indifferent to his posts, but that one...:rofl

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1492 on: September 24, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
I hope McCain turns around and starts fighting the Democratic proposal (in the spirit of bipartisanship, of course) to avoid the debate. :lol
乱学者

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1493 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:15 PM »
OMFG

One of the people in that interview is an intelligent, informed, competent woman with a grasp on the issues

and one is a candidate for Vice President of the United States :(

Posts like this make me want to buy even more Atlus games than I already do.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1494 on: September 24, 2008, 11:59:36 PM »
Cheebs brings up a funny/good point
You know what I love?

Our economy is being saved from falling into a great depression not by Bush. Not by McCain. Not by Obama. But most of all by Barney Frank. Barney Frank is THE key person who has the power to get this through or not which determines the fate of our economy.

I wonder how many religious right folks from the south realize that a GAAAAAAY man is the person whose fate this country has rested on the past few days.

I would love to see their reaction to finding this out. Barney Frank ftw.

Himu

« Reply #1495 on: September 25, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »
Good grief

OMFG

I am in complete disgust.

The look on the face of the interviewer is priceless. She is like,"I cannot believe this dumb woman."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:07:53 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1496 on: September 25, 2008, 12:26:26 AM »
[youtube=425,350]hvUsdmqGYV8[/youtube]

"Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first," Palin said. "So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first."

:bow energy expertise :bow2
乱学者

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1497 on: September 25, 2008, 12:34:56 AM »
:bow energy expertise :bow2

More than anyone else in the US!

Watching Letterman right now.  God, his tendency to run something completely into the ground has never been put to better use.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #1498 on: September 25, 2008, 12:46:32 AM »
That interview *smh*

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #1499 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:50 AM »
I haven't seen Letterman in years. Tuned in tonight.

I wonder if Letterman will be getting a Christmas card from McCain this year.