Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 466335 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1560 on: September 25, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »
I wonder what excuse they will use for Palin to no-show next week
乱学者

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1561 on: September 25, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
It would be crazy if McCain somehow comes on top after all this.  To be honest, I would not be surprised if he does.

🍆🍆

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1562 on: September 25, 2008, 03:15:53 PM »
I wonder what excuse they will use for Palin to no-show next week

McCain will show up instead. "I told you I was delaying the debates! I never heard back from you guys, so I thought you were cool with it."
野球

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #1563 on: September 25, 2008, 03:17:53 PM »
It's just amazing to me that the people of a nation which has lived through so much political bullshittism still can't seem to spot thinly veiled bullshit. Given the political history here, how in the hell can people still take shit at face value, and assume the best?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1564 on: September 25, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
McCain owned

[youtube=425,350]uBQeTknSIlc[/youtube]
bailout agreement reached without him

if he votes no...wow. If the economy crashes he'll be on one side of the fence with Obama, the dems, and Bush on the other side. Good positioning IF some major crash occurs

« Reply #1565 on: September 25, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
Where is Obama? Is he there?
野球

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #1566 on: September 25, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
great, so the economy has to keep on chugging for another two months. then it can shit its pants. keep on keepin on, credit default swaps and CMBSs/RMBSs!
haw

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1567 on: September 25, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »
They probably have to keep chugging until the new spending bill for Fiscal 2009 is drafted.  That will pretty much be the moment of truth if it is going to be a recession or a depression.
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1568 on: September 25, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
I can't make it 20 seconds into any Palin videos without turning them off due to discomfort. Why can't I revel in the way people make fools of themselves?
©ZH

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1569 on: September 25, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
Dear Friends:

The financial meltdown the economists of the Austrian School predicted has arrived.

We are in this crisis because of an excess of artificially created credit at the hands of the Federal Reserve System. The solution being proposed? More artificial credit by the Federal Reserve. No liquidation of bad debt and malinvestment is to be allowed. By doing more of the same, we will only continue and intensify the distortions in our economy - all the capital misallocation, all the malinvestment - and prevent the market's attempt to re-establish rational pricing of houses and other assets.

Last night the president addressed the nation about the financial crisis. There is no point in going through his remarks line by line, since I'd only be repeating what I've been saying over and over - not just for the past several days, but for years and even decades.

Still, at least a few observations are necessary.

The president assures us that his administration "is working with Congress to address the root cause behind much of the instability in our markets." Care to take a guess at whether the Federal Reserve and its money creation spree were even mentioned?

We are told that "low interest rates" led to excessive borrowing, but we are not told how these low interest rates came about. They were a deliberate policy of the Federal Reserve. As always, artificially low interest rates distort the market. Entrepreneurs engage in malinvestments - investments that do not make sense in light of current resource availability, that occur in more temporally remote stages of the capital structure than the pattern of consumer demand can support, and that would not have been made at all if the interest rate had been permitted to tell the truth instead of being toyed with by the Fed.

Not a word about any of that, of course, because Americans might then discover how the great wise men in Washington caused this great debacle. Better to keep scapegoating the mortgage industry or "wildcat capitalism" (as if we actually have a pure free market!).

Speaking about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the president said: "Because these companies were chartered by Congress, many believed they were guaranteed by the federal government. This allowed them to borrow enormous sums of money, fuel the market for questionable investments, and put our financial system at risk."

Doesn't that prove the foolishness of chartering Fannie and Freddie in the first place? Doesn't that suggest that maybe, just maybe, government may have contributed to this mess? And of course, by bailing out Fannie and Freddie, hasn't the federal government shown that the "many" who "believed they were guaranteed by the federal government" were in fact correct?

Then come the scare tactics. If we don't give dictatorial powers to the Treasury Secretary "the stock market would drop even more, which would reduce the value of your retirement account. The value of your home could plummet." Left unsaid, naturally, is that with the bailout and all the money and credit that must be produced out of thin air to fund it, the value of your retirement account will drop anyway, because the value of the dollar will suffer a precipitous decline. As for home prices, they are obviously much too high, and supply and demand cannot equilibrate if government insists on propping them up.

It's the same destructive strategy that government tried during the Great Depression: prop up prices at all costs. The Depression went on for over a decade. On the other hand, when liquidation was allowed to occur in the equally devastating downturn of 1921, the economy recovered within less than a year.

The president also tells us that Senators McCain and Obama will join him at the White House today in order to figure out how to get the bipartisan bailout passed. The two senators would do their country much more good if they stayed on the campaign trail debating who the bigger celebrity is, or whatever it is that occupies their attention these days.

F.A. Hayek won the Nobel Prize for showing how central banks' manipulation of interest rates creates the boom-bust cycle with which we are sadly familiar. In 1932, in the depths of the Great Depression, he described the foolish policies being pursued in his day - and which are being proposed, just as destructively, in our own:

Instead of furthering the inevitable liquidation of the maladjustments brought about by the boom during the last three years, all conceivable means have been used to prevent that readjustment from taking place; and one of these means, which has been repeatedly tried though without success, from the earliest to the most recent stages of depression, has been this deliberate policy of credit expansion.

To combat the depression by a forced credit expansion is to attempt to cure the evil by the very means which brought it about; because we are suffering from a misdirection of production, we want to create further misdirection - a procedure that can only lead to a much more severe crisis as soon as the credit expansion comes to an end... It is probably to this experiment, together with the attempts to prevent liquidation once the crisis had come, that we owe the exceptional severity and duration of the depression.

The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history.

The very people who have spent the past several years assuring us that the economy is fundamentally sound, and who themselves foolishly cheered the extension of all these novel kinds of mortgages, are the ones who now claim to be the experts who will restore prosperity! Just how spectacularly wrong, how utterly without a clue, does someone have to be before his expert status is called into question?

Oh, and did you notice that the bailout is now being called a "rescue plan"? I guess "bailout" wasn't sitting too well with the American people.

The very people who with somber faces tell us of their deep concern for the spread of democracy around the world are the ones most insistent on forcing a bill through Congress that the American people overwhelmingly oppose. The very fact that some of you seem to think you're supposed to have a voice in all this actually seems to annoy them.

I continue to urge you to contact your representatives and give them a piece of your mind. I myself am doing everything I can to promote the correct point of view on the crisis. Be sure also to educate yourselves on these subjects - the Campaign for Liberty blog is an excellent place to start. Read the posts, ask questions in the comment section, and learn.

H.G. Wells once said that civilization was in a race between education and catastrophe. Let us learn the truth and spread it as far and wide as our circumstances allow. For the truth is the greatest weapon we have.

In liberty,
Ron Paul

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1570 on: September 25, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »
FoC, get that Ron Paul shit out of here.  Do you want me to make you another shitheap thread?  Cause I will, but you're NOT derailing threads that have fuck all to do with Ron Paul and shitty Libertopian thinking when it was that sort of dumbness that CAUSED this fucking debacle.
yar

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1571 on: September 25, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
FoC, get that Ron Paul shit out of here.  Do you want me to make you another shitheap thread?  Cause I will, but you're NOT derailing threads that have fuck all to do with Ron Paul and shitty Libertopian thinking when it was that sort of dumbness that CAUSED this fucking debacle.

Just because you cant understand it doesn't mean you need to dismiss it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1572 on: September 25, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »

deregulation? yea, libertarians seem like deregulatory folks to me

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1573 on: September 25, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
Fannie and Freddie caused this mess?

Really?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1574 on: September 25, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »

deregulation? yea, libertarians seem like deregulatory folks to me

NON regulatory, really.  Like noted Ayn Rand fan Alan Greenspan.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1575 on: September 25, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
Kind of an unusual source but the housing failures, which are causing this mess today, have been known since January 2002:

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/9-us-faces-national-housing-crisis/
🍆🍆

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #1576 on: September 25, 2008, 04:29:26 PM »
Actually, parts of that Ron Paul article have merit and register with me, as I've had some of the same thoughts.

Part of the problem was the availability of credit, so they're going to do this to keep credit available. Doesn't seem to really fix anything.

Without safeguards and regulations that will eventually lead us back to equilibrium in the market, we're just going to continue to fight a losing battle. Of course, now that I've said regulation, all the libertarians are tuning out.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1577 on: September 25, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
Kind of an unusual source but the housing failures, which are causing this mess today, have been known since January 2002:

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/9-us-faces-national-housing-crisis/

That article has almost nothing to do with the current crisis.  Unreasonably high housing prices are at the root of both, but that was about people being able to afford a home and this is about crazy high-level financial shenanigans.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #1578 on: September 25, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »
Actually, parts of that Ron Paul article have merit and register with me, as I've had some of the same thoughts.

You mean you actually read the article? What a quaint idea.

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #1579 on: September 25, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »
people still care about ron paul?

smh
pyh

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1580 on: September 25, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »
seems like the deal fell through

Obama debates himself tomorrow  :lol

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1581 on: September 25, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »
I couldn't even get through the 2 min mark on the Couric/Palin interview.  I felt really uncomfortable watching her.  Boom goes the dynamite.
the last 10 seconds are the best.

huckleberry

« Reply #1582 on: September 25, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
seems like the deal fell through

Obama debates himself tomorrow  :lol

I saw a poll earlier that somewhere around 43% of Americans agreed with that as well.  Highly partisan I am sure.
wub

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1583 on: September 25, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »
Most Americans want a debate

also, looks like McCain has suspended campaigns before - to positive results
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/129016.html

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1584 on: September 25, 2008, 06:27:30 PM »
Seems like the House Republicans want a new plan, and McCain has gone to talk with them and probably put his name on it.  Of course, these are the same House Republicans who earlier in the week said the only logical thing to do now was to eliminate the capital gains tax cut entirely.  I smell a rat!
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1585 on: September 25, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
But, CNBC’s John Harwood reports, GOP senators may be ready to sign on to the end product.  Tennessee's Lamar Alexander tells Harwood that at least 40 of the 49 Republican senators are prepared to agree to the package.
from First Read

hmm

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1587 on: September 25, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »
Interesting EDITORIAL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carl-bernstein/the-palin-pick----the-dev_b_129373.html

Much of what is referenced in it or said by the author it falls in-line wit how I feel, which is why I link it:

McCain's first choices to be his running mate were former Gov. Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania and Senator Joe Lieberman, the Democrat-turned-Independent from Connecticut, and former vice presidential nominee of his former party. Neither passed the ideological litmus test of the Republican-Right -- "The Base" -- because each holds pro-choice views. Certainly both are qualified to step into the presidency in terms of national security credentials -- regardless of whether one agrees with their particular politics -- in the event of the death of the president. McCain's "Hail Mary" pick -- Palin -- was hastily decided on the next-to-last day of the Democratic convention, by which time it was evident that Obama's convention was winning over independent voters; all that remained was the final night and the opportunity for Obama to deliver a speech that would further work to his advantage, and debilitate the McCain campaign. Only by exciting "The Base" could McCain remain competitive and win, it was calculated.

The issue of Palin's relative ignorance about international affairs and the larger world beyond America's shores (compared to previous vice presidential nominees), her attendant arrogance in seeming to revel in it, and McCain's decision to subject the country to it in choosing a possible president -- is the biggest question in this election, or perhaps ought to be. It goes to the core of who the John McCain of this campaign is.

Another conservative commentator, David Brooks, wrote last week: "Sarah Palin has many virtues. If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive decisiveness."
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1588 on: September 25, 2008, 07:22:03 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/25/mccain-aide-claims-credit_n_129336.html -- and here comes the McCain camp's attempts to pretend McCain is making anything happen.
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1589 on: September 25, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »
Jesus christ this is unbelievable.  Fuck McCain, he's a lying sack of shit.  Got the GOP all riled up and RUINED this.
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1590 on: September 25, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »
So, the House Republican/possible McCain plan is to encourage a free market bail out by removing pretty much all regulations and capital gains taxes.  I'm flabbergasted by the dumbness of it all, it's like FoC wrote it for them or something.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1591 on: September 25, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
I no longer have a grasp of reality.

1. McCain supports de-regulation for 26 years in the senate, seeking advice from Phil Gramm for much of that time
2. McCain runs for president during economic crisis, claims he is now for regulation - ala "calling out" Fannie/Freddie 2 years ago
3. Economic crisis demands action: McCain returns to Washington to set things right
4. Democrats and republicans reach a deal before he arrives
5. McCain arrives, torpedoes deal with his own plan: more de-regulation and tax breaks for the rich

I'm baffled. I don't know what to say.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1592 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »

1. McCain supports de-regulation for 26 years in the senate, seeking advice from Phil Gramm for much of that time
2. McCain runs for president during economic crisis, claims he is now for regulation - ala "calling out" Fannie/Freddie 2 years ago
3. Economic crisis demands action: McCain returns to Washington to set things right
5. McCain arrives, torpedoes deal with his own plan: more de-regulation and tax breaks for the rich

Uh... USA USA USA!  Look at our hot VP!
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1593 on: September 25, 2008, 09:17:19 PM »
If this works, if McCain gets away with this. What will I tell my grand kids as we collect our welfare checks from the Chinese overlords?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #1594 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:33 PM »

I have  futon-space available in my apartment in Canada to the highest bidder.
MMA

Tristam

« Reply #1595 on: September 25, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
Interesting EDITORIAL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carl-bernstein/the-palin-pick----the-dev_b_129373.html

Much of what is referenced in it or said by the author it falls in-line wit how I feel, which is why I link it:

McCain's first choices to be his running mate were former Gov. Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania and Senator Joe Lieberman, the Democrat-turned-Independent from Connecticut, and former vice presidential nominee of his former party. Neither passed the ideological litmus test of the Republican-Right -- "The Base" -- because each holds pro-choice views. Certainly both are qualified to step into the presidency in terms of national security credentials -- regardless of whether one agrees with their particular politics -- in the event of the death of the president. McCain's "Hail Mary" pick -- Palin -- was hastily decided on the next-to-last day of the Democratic convention, by which time it was evident that Obama's convention was winning over independent voters; all that remained was the final night and the opportunity for Obama to deliver a speech that would further work to his advantage, and debilitate the McCain campaign. Only by exciting "The Base" could McCain remain competitive and win, it was calculated.

The issue of Palin's relative ignorance about international affairs and the larger world beyond America's shores (compared to previous vice presidential nominees), her attendant arrogance in seeming to revel in it, and McCain's decision to subject the country to it in choosing a possible president -- is the biggest question in this election, or perhaps ought to be. It goes to the core of who the John McCain of this campaign is.

Another conservative commentator, David Brooks, wrote last week: "Sarah Palin has many virtues. If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive decisiveness."

I thought I recognized the author's name...same dude who broke the Watergate story.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1596 on: September 25, 2008, 09:38:05 PM »
This one was done 24hours after McCain's announcement. Similar results - Americans want a debate, they don't think suspending a campaign is a proper action

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=5e756118-0e6c-4a5e-a5e4-6080de9dab6a

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #1597 on: September 25, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »
Jesus fucking christ. This guy is a tornado, he's a fucking blackhole.
wha

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1598 on: September 25, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/25/at-white-house-mccain-pla_n_129438.html

argh mccain, dont talk if you dont know anything. provide INFORMATION to help fix it if you dont like it GODDAMNIT U OLD FUK
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1599 on: September 25, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
reminds me of back in the day when my mom would tell us we could order fast food if we all agreed on where to get it from, and someone would ruin it at the last fucking minute

mom: ok, what have you agreed on
me, two brothers: kentucky frie-
brother: TACO BELL

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1600 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »
god damnit
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1601 on: September 25, 2008, 10:14:25 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26894431#26894431

CBS News reports that McCain's alternative proposal includes "fewer regulations and corporate tax breaks

yeahrhghghghgh
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1602 on: September 25, 2008, 10:16:30 PM »
yup. how does he get away with that? how does he explain that to people tomorrow at the debate? "what we need is less regulation, less socialism, less government spending your money and givin' you the bill"

?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1603 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:22 PM »
I do call shennigans on his "80% poll tomorrow that says americans want the bailout", most polls show americans just dont know much about the bailout and are wary.
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1604 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »
Because no matter what's true (that that sort of policy is what CAUSED this debacle), America will admire the OMG MAVRICKNESS OMG TRUE AMURCAN SPIRIT, FREE MARKET PREVAILS OMG
püp

« Reply #1605 on: September 25, 2008, 10:20:35 PM »
FUCKING STUBBORN CRAZY OLD COOT

I'M SO ANGRY!!! ARRR!!!!
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1606 on: September 25, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »
I do call shennigans on his "80% poll tomorrow that says americans want the bailout", most polls show americans just dont know much about the bailout and are wary.

wah - who said that?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1607 on: September 25, 2008, 10:24:47 PM »
I REALLY hope people see through this shit, he's REALLY causing problems.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1608 on: September 25, 2008, 10:26:21 PM »

wah - who said that?

Dem in the vid clip I posted from MSNBC. Obermann of course didnt raise an eyebrow, course its future predicting. The bailout is something that needs to happen that the american public doesnt want because it will cost us money.

Any twat calling for a depression is a fucking moron that doesnt comprehend the gravity of a full blown depression.
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1609 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »
yeah, he's gonna beat folks over the head when the bailout gets passed (and it will) by riding the american hatred for the bailout. "see, that thar democratic congress GAVE AWAY YER HARD-EARNED MONEY TO YER GREEDY NEIGHBORS AND THEM CORPORATE FAT CATS VOTE FOR MEEEE" never you mind that mccain himself CAUSED this crisis

dems need to point out that he's scuttling a SERIOUS BIPARTISAN EFFORT to play stupid populist

then again, this is why democracies don't work
duc

MrAngryFace

o_0

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #1611 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »
So MSNBC is reporting House Republicans walked out of tonight's emergency meeting, and CNN is reporting Washington Mutual is now the biggest bank failure in history, with assets seized by the FDIC and then sold to JP Morgan.

Great timing, Republicans.

« Reply #1612 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »
The Repubs just walked out...
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1613 on: September 25, 2008, 10:32:47 PM »
god damnit mccain you fuck

this is gonna hit the market hard I bet :(
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1614 on: September 25, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »
country first

« Reply #1615 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:03 PM »
Yeah, if by "country" you mean CRAZY FUCKING OLD MAN.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1616 on: September 25, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
John McCain's campaign put out an extraordinary memo just now, denouncing a proposal that, by all accounts, was supported by all parties but the House Republicans, promising to return tomorrow, and casting the debate in serious doubt.

Says the memo from press secretary Brian Rogers:

"Despite today's news reports, there never existed a "deal," but merely a proposal offered by a small, select group of Members of Congress. As of right now, there exists only a series of principles, including greater oversight and measures to address CEO pay. However, these principles do not enjoy a consensus in Congress."

The memo -- after the jump -- also denounces "the plan that has been put forth by the Administration."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

He's putting all the chips on the table. This is Game Over for him or Obama.

MrAngryFace

o_0

huckleberry

« Reply #1618 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
Speaking of McCain:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Fox_host_tells_guest_mentioning_Keating_0925.html

How in the holy hell can ANYONE watch that clip and not think that is total bullshit? Kudos to that guy for actually trying to bring it up on FOX....I haven't heard one word on any other news show about McCains involvement in the Keating 5 scandal.

wub

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1619 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »
John McCain's campaign put out an extraordinary memo just now, denouncing a proposal that, by all accounts, was supported by all parties but the House Republicans, promising to return tomorrow, and casting the debate in serious doubt.

Says the memo from press secretary Brian Rogers:

"Despite today's news reports, there never existed a "deal," but merely a proposal offered by a small, select group of Members of Congress. As of right now, there exists only a series of principles, including greater oversight and measures to address CEO pay. However, these principles do not enjoy a consensus in Congress."

The memo -- after the jump -- also denounces "the plan that has been put forth by the Administration."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

He's putting all the chips on the table. This is Game Over for him or Obama.

AHHH HE's LYING! AGAIN!
o_0