Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering  (Read 342955 times)

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
EDIT: NM :D

Fix those financial issues there then? I see a Kentucky Bore magic tourny soon.

Tehjaybo for the win, that's all I'm saying here.
HLR

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »

The Magic gods require his presence.
HURR

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »

The Magic gods require his presence.

In our group, he goes by Spurlock, lol.

HLR

tehjaybo

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
Hahaha... 
HURR

Grecco

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:46 AM »
Used to play alot, Early 2000s till Wizard started retiring sets including some of the rare cards i spent money on. (Armageddon my favorite Magic card ever). Still loved my RGW deck though. Rith the Awakener ftw.

tehjaybo

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »
I haven't yet.  I got drunk as fuck last night.  I'm just waking up.
HURR

tehjaybo

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
Btw, Greetings from EvilBore Magic: The Gathering League, Kentucky Chapter!

Pictured, left to right: Bloodwake, T234, new member BillyOfCourse, and tehjaybo.
HURR

tehjaybo

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »
SMH @ tehjaybo.

Showing off his neck ::)

What?
HURR

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:18 PM »
Are Elven Archers really sharing the same table as Underground Sea? It's bad enough they share the same decade.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
Btw, Greetings from EvilBore Magic: The Gathering League, Kentucky Chapter!
(Image removed from quote.)
Pictured, left to right: Bloodwake, T234, new member BillyOfCourse, and tehjaybo.

This picture makes everything so much clearer
fat

billyofcourse

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2009, 04:00:14 AM »
Are Elven Archers really sharing the same table as Underground Sea? It's bad enough they share the same decade.

The underground sea's are a part of this deck
http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=375289

:smug
NOU

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »
Cool idea, mind if I actually make the deck legal?

billyofcourse

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2009, 04:25:53 AM »
Cool idea, mind if I actually make the deck legal?

have at it, good sir.
NOU

Kara

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2009, 05:06:13 AM »
Hmmmm slight problem. It's a combo deck but one that needs lots of permanents. This is why Psychatog is one of the best creatures ever.  :'(

Kara

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »
First attempt: http://www.zshare.net/download/57865928ca4cd013/ (MWS format)

-----------------------------

1. There are probably 2 too many fetchlands right now. Worse comes to worse they can just be left out to sac to the 'tog but it's inefficient to waste space like that.
2. Not really a control deck but it needs at least one 4x set of counters. Not enough blue to make Force of Will's viable. Mana Drain?
3. Need another resurrection spell. Preferably one that can do multiple targets at once.
4. Aura Thief is kinda superfluous until I can find the spell from #3 but it's too cool to steal all your opponents permanents and then use them to feed your win condition. That and it makes it all but certain the 'tog will get to swing to the dome cleanly.
5. Not as fast a combo deck as I'd like. Mana acceleration?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
kara, you play on apprentice?  I'd like to fuck around with some of the new cards/decks out there.
yar

tehjaybo

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2009, 04:10:09 PM »
I'm in the process of transcribing decks onto AnyCraze.  TCC, if you can host, when I get to Bloodwake's I'd be up for a few games.  I don't know if I'd be able to host there or not though.  I've got Appr and MWS on my lappy.
HURR

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »
Who just got an Evilbore account? Billy, of course.
HLR

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »
Billy needs a haircut and a shave, of course
fat

Kara

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:31 PM »
kara, you play on apprentice?  I'd like to fuck around with some of the new cards/decks out there.
I'll grab it tonight and input some Standard decks.  :-*

Kara

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2009, 02:21:22 AM »
Top 4 decks from PT Kyoto:

WUBRG Control (overall winner): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o0nxbh00yjo
WB Tokens (2nd place): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgtlyd3kdnd
WR Reveillark: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j24gjtqg0m3
WUBG Dark Bant: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jnnqjno3cmn

Lotta white  :yuck

Reveillark seems like a nice fit for the Auratog deck though!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2009, 02:52:27 AM »
the shards with white in them seem to be the stonger ones. Its like Wizards still havent lived down the time when White was really really really bad save for Armageddon, Swords and Wrath of God

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
I'll never forgive Wizards for not printing Armageddon anymore.
yar

tehjaybo

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:38 AM »
I understand that gold is making a comeback, and 5 color is viable again, but christ, overall winner?  I just don't get it.  I could never play three color, much less a five color CONTROL deck.  What the shit.

Also, got two more of my decks posted.
Elf Ball: http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=377501
Psychatog: http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=377771

Help Bloodwake beat them, and help me improve them.
HURR

Kara

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2009, 03:45:08 AM »
I'll never forgive Wizards for not printing Armageddon anymore.
Land destruction + "wrong" color + low CC + splashability = RIP Armageddon  :'( :'( :'(

I understand that gold is making a comeback, and 5 color is viable again, but christ, overall winner?  I just don't get it.  I could never play three color, much less a five color CONTROL deck.  What the shit.
They've been pretty liberal with the multicolor stuff for a while now. This is kind of the apex of it I think. I imagine the days of all 8 pain lands being in the base set are numbered.

:lol (from the final)

Also, got two more of my decks posted.
Elf Ball: http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=377501
Psychatog: http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=377771

Help Bloodwake beat them, and help me improve them.
What is Xblob 180 Boat Game playing?

For you...

Elf ball: Too many janky Elves. Channelball can probably get axed.
Psychatog: Your mana base could be a lot more creative. 4x Deltas, Underground rivers and seas, etc. Have a toolbox in your sideboard and use Cunning Wish to get at it. Drop the Isochrons and non-Tog creatures. 4x Brainstorm. Run some Intuitions. Drop the edicts for counters and / or low CC discard.

tehjaybo

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »
My god, that fucking Cruel Ultimatum topdeck....   I didn't know that PT was on youtube.  God, that's got my day at work shot.  haha.  Know of anywhere I can torrent higher res copies of all the games?  I miss watching Magic being played.
HURR

Kara

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »

tehjaybo

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2009, 03:35:54 PM »
Eh, I pulled my head out of my ass and clicked HD.   :lol

I would love to start playing some tourney legal decks, but I don't know what's legal, and for how long.  I want to start playing some FNM around here, since I just found a place that's about 30-45 mins away that I could play at.  You guys wanna help me throw together a decent T2 deck?  I have the merfolk mill deck, but I've been told that it wouldn't last.  And honestly, after seeing the shit that's in current decks, it wouldn't.  Volcanic Fallout?  Good night merfolk. 
http://www.anycraze.com/deck_viewer.asp?id=374853

HURR

Kara

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:53 PM »
The following card sets are permitted in Standard tournaments:

* Tenth Edition (until July 17, 2009)
    * Magic 2010 (effective July 17, 2009)
    * Lorwyn
    * Morningtide
    * Shadowmoor
    * Eventide
    * Shards of Alara
    * Conflux
    * Alara Reborn (effective April 30, 2009)

Fall is when the expansions rotate out.

tehjaybo

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »
Man, actually coming up with an idea is going to be my issue though.  I don't know squat about the new sets really.  But, Bloodwake, BillyOfCourse, me, and our local Magic guru are getting together today to discuss some deck archtypes.  We're going to try to build four decks that we can take to tourneys and hopefully take 1-4 on.  I just dread buying these cards.  It's gonna break me, haha.
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »
I know it's not a fun idea, but my best advice would be don't try to reinvent the wheel.  There have been lots of people out there screwing around with constructed ideas for these cards for quite a while now- chances are pretty slim that you're gonna have a brand new insight that will be effective against top decks, which is what you'll be playing against at any tourney.  Find an existing top archetype/deck that you are comfortable with, maybe tweak it around a bit, and play that.

I don't know which websites list the top decks in the tourney scene anymore, tho.
yar

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:03 PM »
I had at my home game two weeks ago tell me "I would be surprised if ever you beat me at Magic".

He plays a white Kithkin deck.

UK

Grecco

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »
Man, actually coming up with an idea is going to be my issue though.  I don't know squat about the new sets really.  But, Bloodwake, BillyOfCourse, me, and our local Magic guru are getting together today to discuss some deck archtypes.  We're going to try to build four decks that we can take to tourneys and hopefully take 1-4 on.  I just dread buying these cards.  It's gonna break me, haha.

Green Red

Kara

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2009, 05:15:01 AM »
The Bust half of Boom // Bust is Armageddon! Just in the "right" color and for an extra 2 colorless.  :'(

-------------

Been thinking more about the Enchanted Evening deck and I don't like Auratog as the win condition. Right now I'm toying with Sneak Attack ---> Aura Thief ---> Donate ---> Aura Barbs. If I could pull something like that off it'd be sheer hilarity.

tehjaybo

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
I know I need to just find an existing archtype, but deciding what to play is going to be my downfall.  I like the green/red idea, but I wouldn't know what to put in it.  I've been so out of the scene that I'm not sure.  I may price some of the PT Kyoto decks....
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »
You seem to like absurd combos as win conditions, which while cool usually isn't feasible.  Hasn't worked since... gosh, Prosperous-Bloom?  Man that deck was a fucking blast to play.  4th turn drain life for 28 coming at your dome, sir!
yar

Kara

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »
You seem to like absurd combos as win conditions, which while cool usually isn't feasible.  Hasn't worked since... gosh, Prosperous-Bloom?
Illusions-Donate  :shh

Speaking of Pros-Bloom, I was thinking of a format we could dick around in where most of the cards would be familiar but none of us could really netdeck and the power level wouldn't be warped by a card or two. (I don't really want to be an amateur DCI manager.) I came up with the tentatively-titled "1996". How does it work? You're only allowed to use cards from the two sets printed in that year. (For reference that is Alliances and Mirage.) Mirage is large, stand alone set so we shouldn't miss having an edition and without the adjoining sets (Ice Age and Visions respectively) that had distinguished mentally-challenged power cards we shouldn't have to worry about bannings, at least initially.

I'm actually really hyped to fuck around with it if any of you are interested.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »
Kara- that sounds perfect for me as that was the height of my involvement with Magic.  HAMMER OF FREAKIN' BOGARDAN!  Would we use the base set available at the time or just the expansions?

yar

tehjaybo

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2009, 02:31:53 PM »
I didn't play the sets much, as I started way after, but I'll make a deck.
HURR

Kara

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
I'll look over Fifth Edition today and see if it won't interact too badly with anything. It'd be nice to have some extra meat and potato type cards, if only for the extra removal spells.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
And ARMAGEDDON.
yar

Kara

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
Fifth has two serious problems with it.

1. Color hate. Obviously it's important to have this to a certain degree, but Fifth is very much an old set in its excessiveness wrt it.
2. Necro. Might not be as big a problem withou... who am I kidding.  :lol

Kara

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
Alright Fifth is in against my better judgment. Let's see what you Kird Apes have got!

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2009, 03:41:07 PM »
That dude talking shit at my local tourney got BOUNCED in the first round playing a really shitty mill deck. My lightweight ass still can't win with the weenie deck I've got.
UK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
Ok, I created a deck in the 5E-AL-MI constructed format we're screwing around with on Apprentice.  We'll see how it works.

After screwing around with the card bases, I would suggest that we think about going to a potential 4E-IA-AL-CS (coldsnap, brah) or 5E-MI-VI-WL format, as those blocks are made to work well together.  Just a thought.  But if anyone wants to play a game on apprentice, let me know.  Of course, then I'll have to figure out how to play a game on Apprentice, but I guess that's part of the fun.

I also have MWS installed, too.
yar

Kara

« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
Fourth has some cards I don't want to deal with. Including new sets adds synergy but also lets people netdeck and I wanted everyone to have to at least be semi-original with this as it's just for fun.

But the year is young! Can't wait for FE-HLD-LGD constructed.  8)

billyofcourse

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2009, 12:53:47 AM »
So, I had nearly talked myself into building the type 2 faerie deck I'd been considering for a week or so when I was informed that a bunch of the cards I'd be ordering will be phased out in the fall.  This kind of sucks as I don't want to waste money on a type 2 deck I can only use for a few months.  Back to the drawing board I suppose.
NOU

tehjaybo

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »
Okay, so what sets exactly are we using, for serious?  I'll throw something together tomorrow at work (lol). 
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Okay, so what sets exactly are we using, for serious?  I'll throw something together tomorrow at work (lol). 

karakand suggested using fifth edition, alliances and mirage- they were all out in '96, for us oldsters.

I'm down for whatever, tho, and would gladly play some type 2 with folks.  I'd just snag some decks off of a site and dump 'em into apprentice, whatever.
yar

tehjaybo

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2009, 01:52:58 AM »

karakand suggested using fifth edition, alliances and mirage- they were all out in '96, for us oldsters.

I'm down for whatever, tho, and would gladly play some type 2 with folks.  I'd just snag some decks off of a site and dump 'em into apprentice, whatever.

If you're still around for a few minutes, I'd play a couple.  I saw you have MWS installed, mind if we try it out?  It uses appr format stuff too.
HURR

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2009, 02:50:19 AM »
Checking this Magic Workshop download out now.

I also made an MTGO account after reading up on how the 'Pauper' format- an all-commons format that I use to play back in the day in the local tallahassee scene - is now formally recognized by the system (meaning you can set up games where decks have to meet the format) and there are like four free player run events per week. So I've been playing there with a $3 white weenie deck and having a good time.

http://pdcmagic.com/ for full details.

hex

tehjaybo

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2009, 03:54:25 AM »
The Card Cheat and I just went 1 to 1 on MWS.  Looks like a fairly solid program.  Let me just say that I got a fucking mudhole stomped in my ass the second game.  Transcript:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jaybo rolled a 1, using a 20 sided die
Player rolled a 19, using a 20 sided die
<Jaybo> god fml
<Player> haha, i'll play
<Jaybo> lol
<Jaybo> k
Jaybo draws 7 cards
Player draws 7 cards
<Player> i'm good
<Jaybo> same
It is now turn 2 (Player)
It is now the Beginning Phase, Untap Step
Player plays Plains from Hand
It is now turn 3 (Jaybo)
Jaybo draws a card
Jaybo plays Forest from Hand
Jaybo taps Forest
Jaybo plays Quirion Ranger from Hand
It is now turn 4 (Player)
It is now the Beginning Phase, Draw Step
Player draws a card
It is now the Precombat Main Phase
Player taps Plains
Player taps Plains
Player plays Nightsky Mimic from Hand
It is now turn 5 (Jaybo)
Jaybo untaps his/her permanents
It is now the Beginning Phase, Upkeep Step
Jaybo draws a card
Jaybo plays Mountain from Hand
Jaybo taps Forest
Jaybo taps Mountain
Jaybo plays Joiner Adept from Hand
It is now turn 6 (Player)
<Player> wow, that's useful
Player untaps his/her permanents
Player draws a card
<Jaybo> Yeah, it's hardcore
<Jaybo> Though most of the deck is green
Player taps Plains
Player taps Plains
Player plays Nightsky Mimic from Hand
<Jaybo> fuuuuu
<Player> angry mimic!
It is now the Combat Phase, Beginning Of Combat Step
<Jaybo> am cry
It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Attackers Step
Player taps Nightsky Mimic
Jaybo's life total is now 14 (-6)
<Player> nah, just four
<Jaybo> THWACK
<Jaybo> Oh
<Jaybo> I thought it got +4+4
<Jaybo> lol
Jaybo's life total is now 16 (+2)
<Player> that would be really nasty, lol
<Jaybo> no kidding
<Jaybo> damn
It is now the Postcombat Main Phase
It is now turn 7 (Jaybo)
Jaybo draws a card
<Jaybo> Well, I think this one might be a lost cause.
Jaybo taps Forest
Jaybo taps Mountain
<Jaybo> return forest to untap Ranger, play land
Jaybo puts Forest to Hand from Play
Jaybo puts Mountain to Hand from Play
Jaybo plays Mountain from Hand
Jaybo taps Mountain
<Jaybo> fucking having everything highlighted.
<Jaybo> shit
Jaybo taps Forest
Jaybo plays Timberwatch Elf from Hand
<Player> OUCH
<Jaybo> Not yet
<Jaybo> Not soon enough  :(
It is now turn 8 (Player)
Player draws a card
<Player> haha
Player taps Plains
Player plays Edge of the Divinity from Hand
<Player> BERSERKER
<Jaybo> lol
<Jaybo> 11?
<Player> yup
<Jaybo> daaaaaaamn
Jaybo's life total is now 6 (-10)
Jaybo's life total is now 5 (-1)
It is now turn 9 (Jaybo)
Jaybo draws a card
<Jaybo> okay
<Jaybo> Attempt to save my ass
<Jaybo> am fail, but am attempt
Jaybo taps Forest
Jaybo plays Elvish Scrapper from Hand
Jaybo taps Forest
Jaybo plays Elvish Scrapper from Hand
Jaybo taps Timberwatch Elf
<Jaybo> +5/+5 to Joiner
Player taps Plains
Player plays Path to Exile from Hand
<Jaybo> Return forest to untap Timerwatch
<Jaybo> oh
<Jaybo> wow
<Player> bye bye joiner
<Jaybo> :(
<Player> muahahaa
<Jaybo> FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Jaybo puts Joiner Adept to RFG from Play
<Jaybo> welll
<Jaybo> anywho
Player puts Path to Exile to Graveyard from Play
Jaybo untaps Timberwatch Elf
Jaybo puts Forest to Hand from Play
Jaybo taps Timberwatch Elf
<Jaybo> give
<Jaybo> um
<Jaybo> Queer Ranger +4/+4
<Jaybo> and
Player taps Plains
Player plays Path to Exile from Hand
<Jaybo> ...
<Jaybo> god
<Player> muahahaa
<Jaybo> damnit
<Jaybo> fucking
<Jaybo> tehjaybo am annhilated total
Jaybo puts Quirion Ranger to RFG from Play
<Player> dead elves, dead elves
<Jaybo> T_T
Player puts Path to Exile to Graveyard from Play
It is now turn 10 (Player)
Player draws a card
Player taps Plains
Player plays Nip Gwyllion from Hand
<Player> your scrappers can't save you now, sir
<Jaybo> Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Jaybo's life total is now -5 (-10)
[close]

Ow :(
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2009, 03:55:52 AM »
tehjaybo and i just split two games on mws, it was quite fun despite the fact that i'm rusty as balls.  our first game took over an hour, in which we accidentally played mirror decks against each other.  not fun.  the second... well, it took about 8 minutes and i had my way with his elves like they were tijuana crack whores

edit- lol beaten

frag- i'd be down for some pauper on mws sometime.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:57:25 AM by The Card Cheat »
yar

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2009, 06:01:34 AM »
Fourth has some cards I don't want to deal with. Including new sets adds synergy but also lets people netdeck and I wanted everyone to have to at least be semi-original with this as it's just for fun.

But the year is young! Can't wait for FE-HLD-LGD constructed.  8)

:bow Mind Twist :bow2

Kara

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »
So, I had nearly talked myself into building the type 2 faerie deck I'd been considering for a week or so when I was informed that a bunch of the cards I'd be ordering will be phased out in the fall.  This kind of sucks as I don't want to waste money on a type 2 deck I can only use for a few months.  Back to the drawing board I suppose.
It'll still be playable in Extended. At least at some point. (Very few Standard decks don't survive that transition.) Only problem there is that the only people that play that format are professionals.

edit: Still trying to figure out the deck I want to play but I'll have one ready on MWS tonight.

tehjaybo

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:08 PM »
I created a deck in the format you guys said, and it works okay..  It sure makes me long for the newer cards that do so much more though.   :-\  I'm running red it looks like!

We should do a different block each week, and have a tournament on like, friday or saturday or something.  Like cycle blocks, and that kind of thing. 

Something else to think about would be putting in some kind of wager on a tournament, like some junk rare or something.  Anyone interested in that?  Each person putting in like, a junk rare, or a few uncommons, or like 10 commons.  It would be a way to learn even more cards, as well as working on collections and new sets.  That's just a side idea though.  I really would like to try a tournament, and play some more.  The MWS games last night with TCC were awesome.  GGs again, btw, TCC. 
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »
jaybo- i'm down for more games later if you are.  I built a fun T2 deck based off of a new deck concept called "AIG".  Muahahaha.  Also ready for some 5E-AL-MI. 
yar

tehjaybo

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm down for when I get home, about 3 hours from now.  I'm gonna have to go and do some of the dreaded netdecking though...  :(  I need some good T2 ideas.  I'd like to build a decent T2 deck.  The one we were playing last night was pretty good.  If I can find a good one for fairly cheap, I'll prolly build it and tourney play it around here.
HURR

Kara

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
I was actually thinking about a rotating system on the metro. My idea was to take one expansion from three sets (preferably from different eras) but I'm cool with just regular blocks. I pretty much netdecked my entire playing career so that would just make things easier for me.  8)

tehjaybo

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »
lol nice. 

I never really did netdecking, per se..  what I did was get ideas of archtypes from friends who talked them up, found the core cards, then built around them.  But they were all very cookie-cutter...  (Red/Green Mad Beats from Odyssey, how much more cookie-cutter can you get?)

I'm up for any kind of blocking.  Looking through the cards gives me a better understanding of the older stuff, which I'm always looking for, because I could never get into older sets.  They just bother me because of confusing wording and better versions in new sets.  But, then again, you find some jewels too.  Four damage for free?  Yes please.  6 for 3?  You got it. 
HURR