Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3608358 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #31320 on: June 21, 2018, 10:15:50 AM »
I started up Lost Dimension on Vita

It's a strategy-RPG type game where you take turns, with movement not unlike a game like Valkyria Chronicles, where positioning matters

If your allies are within attacking distance, they will follow-up your attack (so you can pull off a nice chain on boss-like enemies).

Between battles, you get to play a little guessing game on figuring out who the traitor is between floors. On each floor, there are 3 suspects, with one of them being the actual traitor. After each battle, your character can hear your teammate's thoughts. From here, you have to replay missions, and swap out characters until you can decide who the 3 suspects are (kind of like the game "Mastermind"). You then deep dive using limited points and it will straight up tell you if that person is the traitor or not.

When you figure out who the traitor is, you have to sway the vote by making the other characters suspect them. Between fights, random people (sometimes the traitor themself) will ask "hey dude, i think this guy is the traitor." or "who do you think the traitor is?" and you can sway their vote. If you tell the person asking you think its them, they will straight up say "fuck you dude, im voting your ass off" and you can sway their votes off someone else onto you. You can also decrease their trust by leaving the traitor out of missions (the best approach usually).

After a few story missions, you do the voting bit. You can cheese this by using PS+ to back up your save prior in case you fuck up since the game saves automatically to prevent loading the game back.

The big deal with all this is, at the end of the game, any traitors you didnt kill successfully will betray you right before the final battle and you will have to fight them.

There is a True Ending with this game, where you have to raise trust with all characters, but the thing is, the next playthrough on your game, the traitors will be randomized, so that one person who you need to build trust with might just turn out to be a traitor.

The game is not exactly difficult, you can grind and replay missions, and some moves are stupid broken.

This game is available on PC and PS3 as well.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #31321 on: June 22, 2018, 05:37:08 AM »
Fired up AC Unity: Dead Kings to see how it holds up after Syndicate. Never played the Dead Kings expansion. Played a couple hours and it feels generations apart from Syndicate. Unity is just...not very fun to play. I mean the animations are gorgeousssssss, and the lighting is great and the cutscene models are insane, and I do like that it had riddle missions which Syndicate lacked. But like why is there a cover button wtfffff, why do guards see you from a mile away and instantly engage you with everyone on the block? Why is eagle vision on a timed cooldown wtfff? The game just feels like a pain in the ass to play, like you're super nerfed and guards are supermen. Also coming from Syndicate's carriages and grappling hook, running/climbing the long distances from point to point feels pretty tedious in this 1:1 scale.

I might finish Dead Kings since I'm like halfway already, but yeah Syndicate is a way better and more fun game no question going back to Unity.

agrajag

« Reply #31322 on: June 23, 2018, 02:46:49 AM »
Started up Hollow Knight. Game is pretty, but at what point does it get interesting?

HK is the best Metroidvania in existence, yes better than Super Metroid and Castlevania: SOTN. Also better than Guacamelee etc. etc.

If you do not find it interesting in the first 5 hours (or at least until you beat the Hornet boss) then the game is simply not for you?

ALL OF THE GAME is boring-ass Greens/ Shrubs/ Insects <-- this is the only low point of this game. Everything is super-samey and everything is INSECT based, which I loathed. Still, best MV ever. Can't deny this fact. Bloodborne is also ALL GREY CASTLES after all.

Best music piece in the entire game:

Well, the game clicked with me (probably an hour or so into it), it's great! Also, at the time I made the original post, there was no music, only ambient sounds, in my defense.

Corporal

« Reply #31323 on: June 23, 2018, 03:26:55 AM »
Boy, do I ever suck at Mario Tennis. There's this ship pretty early on in the game and you play tennis on it and the friggen mast is smack dab in the middle of the net - and the ball can ricochet off it. Damn it, those ricochets just kill my score.

And that's despite there being two separate mechanics to deal with such irregularities (slow-mo and the trick shot).

I think I need to internalise the controls some more. Wish I could tweak the controls, actually.

Currently I'm still pretty much powerless against those power shot thingamabops that destroy your racket. I just can't get the timing right without wasting huge amounts of energy on the slowmo thing. Plus, I trigger the trick shot by accident far too often. 

Still having fun. Whenever I get fed up with Tennis, it's Into The Breach time. Good change of pace. Obligatory: Wah wah wah, why isn't this on switch.
!list

paprikastaude

« Reply #31324 on: June 23, 2018, 02:17:24 PM »
Need for Speed Rivals - Playing cop is cool, fleeing not so much. I like the weighty Criterion gameplay, although I'm not sure what to think of the open world. I guess I can see the appeal of a sandbox in which you just rank up by doing whatever. But I probably prefer real missions, so I should've probably gotten the Hot Pursuit reboot for the cop gameplay.

Tasty

« Reply #31325 on: June 23, 2018, 03:56:14 PM »
So demi, how's Mutant Mudds Super Challenge going?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31326 on: June 23, 2018, 05:09:37 PM »
I havent played it yet
fat

Tasty

« Reply #31327 on: June 23, 2018, 05:55:41 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31328 on: June 23, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »
Finished Funky Kong Country Tropical Freeze today including the bonus world.

The main game is just so amazingly well paced. Easily one of the best platformers out there but the final boss is rather weak in execution.
It seems they were pressed for time to finish this game back in 2014 as the bonus world feels a bit tacked on and not as well executed as the rest of the levels.
The reward for essentially collecting all Kong letters, hidden stages, beating the K-stages and finishing the secret final world is also lackluster. The only thing you get is 'Hard mode'.

All in all I rate this criminally underrated gem a 9/10.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #31329 on: June 23, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »

The main game is just so amazingly well paced. Easily one of the best platformers out there but the final boss is rather weak in execution.
It seems they were pressed for time to finish this game back in 2014 as the bonus world feels a bit tacked on and not as well executed as the rest of the levels.
The reward for essentially collecting all Kong letters, hidden stages, beating the K-stages and finishing the secret final world is also lackluster. The only thing you get is 'Hard mode'.

I finished all the secret rooms/bonus world like a week ago. Not gonna lie, it was pretty challenging, but also very satisfying when you beat the K levels or the bonus world levels with just Donkey.

Hard mode is whatevs, I don't think I'll be replaying it on Hard, even though playing as Dixie or Diddy feels so much better and more fluid. I still have some issues with the controls and physics of the game, but overall it was great. Wish the final boss had a little more oomph an there was more of an ending like the Rare DKC games. In liu of an instruction booklet like in the old games, I wish they had included more of a story and a game mechanics and enemies overview in the game itself. Overall, I also give it a 9.

Hollow Knight is hard as hell. Not sure how long I've been playing/how many times I've died but I just got the dashing cloak. Not sure where to go now, I guess I'll try to see what areas I couldn't reach before.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31330 on: June 23, 2018, 09:31:50 PM »
Haven't gotten Hollow Knight yet but it seems like something a Metroid/Castlevania fan like me would enjoy.

I finished all the secret rooms/bonus world like a week ago. Not gonna lie, it was pretty challenging, but also very satisfying when you beat the K levels or the bonus world levels with just Donkey.

Hard mode is whatevs, I don't think I'll be replaying it on Hard, even though playing as Dixie or Diddy feels so much better and more fluid. I still have some issues with the controls and physics of the game, but overall it was great. Wish the final boss had a little more oomph an there was more of an ending like the Rare DKC games. In liu of an instruction booklet like in the old games, I wish they had included more of a story and a game mechanics and enemies overview in the game itself. Overall, I also give it a 9.

Hollow Knight is hard as hell. Not sure how long I've been playing/how many times I've died but I just got the dashing cloak. Not sure where to go now, I guess I'll try to see what areas I couldn't reach before.
The K-levels are great but one of the Secret Seclusion levels is just broken. There doesn't seem to be much incentive to play hard mode and as you said the story is kinda weak in this game. I like how they sometimes put some story in the background like in the good old DKC SNES and Sonic Genesis games. The world building is and transitions between levels is great. Especially in the Savanah stage. There's a great sense of progression overall.

The final boss really feels tacked on like they didn't really know how to finish the game and the graphics on the map (the ship on top of a mountain and the flying ice dragon) unlike all other levels don't match the boss level itself. Which is just a sort of volcano dome.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #31331 on: June 23, 2018, 10:05:24 PM »
Exactly. I thought that was just a regular boss, and then I slowly came to realize that this is it, it's over. Like, who is that guy, doesn't even have a name.

Bring K. Rool back!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31332 on: June 24, 2018, 11:26:53 AM »
I havent played it yet

:lol

Finished all of World 1 & 2 so far while taking my morning shit

Does it get difficult later? Or is this it
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31333 on: June 24, 2018, 11:41:37 AM »
I got a feeling I am getting close to the end.
Once you are finished, watch this:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:37:50 PM by Rufus »

agrajag

« Reply #31334 on: June 24, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »

It's not super hard but it gets hard in some moments. Keep it up! Game is great and at the end you kind of feel like a boss moving around and killing everything in 1 hit.

Yeah, I noticed that. They fine tuned the game for you to constantly get better. A lot of depth to it. And you were right, the music is lovely!

paprikastaude

« Reply #31335 on: June 24, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »
Shadow Dancer - I can get behind this, a streamlined and much less frustrating Shinobi 1 with a much better style (and no weird trademark theft). It's no Shinobi 3, but still easily the next best in that series for me - especially since I couldn't ever get into Revenge of Shinobi.

Lara Croft Go - super chill, this is the first mobile game I really like (at least so far - though I'm not playing on a phone).

Bebpo

« Reply #31336 on: June 24, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »
So I beat AC Unity: Dead Kings expansion and I don't know if I was just missing something on how stealth works in Unity since I hadn't played it in years, but I fucking hated this. The stealth just felt completely busted with the cover button because without it you're just standing out and obvious. Dudes see you from miles away and go to instant alert with the entire area in about 1/2 second (compared to taking a couple seconds to alert in Syndicate). The result was that I ran through this expansion almost constantly in the red alert being surrounded by 50 dudes because of the new RAIDER system where there's a dozen guys everywhere but if you kill the leader the rest leave. They also introduce this mortar gun but whenever I'd shoot a mortar at a group to sneak attack them it wouldn't even do enough damage to kill them and so it just alerts them and they all run at me and I have to fight them.

There were so many guys in this expansion.

Coming from Syndicate where I was able to stealth most of it and just occasionally fight, and even in fighting the combat was ok and not an annoyance, here it was like the complete opposite, felt like fuck stealth, this is a combat game and the combat was extremely tedious and shitty in Unity.

Also some real shitty level design like long ass tailing missions with no checkpoints. Plus lots of crashes.

Oh and I hate the whole maze underground shit that is in this and Unity (and AC3). Especially when they make the only entrances to the underground in guarded areas with respawning guards so since half the missions take place underground you have to keep running through the guarded areas alerting everyone just to get underground to start the mission. Just shitty game design all around.

Dead Kings, and the reminder of Unity that it was, makes me a lot less excited to play Origins since I understand it's essentially the Unity team with Syndicate team following up a year later with Odyssey (and then another year gap -> Unity team game -> Syndicate team game that's a copy of it).

Is there a lot of combat in Origins and does the combat suck?

Corporal

« Reply #31337 on: June 25, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »
I'm probably done with Into The Breach now, at least for a good while.

Beat the game with the flamer guys on normal, unlocked all teams except the two most expensive ones, and found a good chunk of the pilots. Even the FTL one.

Fun game and all, but I really can't shake the feeling that its's too easy on "normal".
!list

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31338 on: June 25, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
Was in a platforming mood last week and the first thing I thought of was Spyro The Dragon. I had only ever played the demo when it was current. Finished it this evening.

Hit the spot just right:

Very even difficulty curve (practically flat), except for one dragon statue in a forest level which eventually sent me to Youtube.
https://youtu.be/tvW7_BUOZX8?t=332
A common stumbling block, as it turns out, which made me feel much better about myself. The low draw distance makes it difficult to conceptualize the space and this is the most elaborate use of the charge mechanic in the entire game, soon after it's first introduced. Good level, in retrospect, but it's too early in the progression.

The Dualshock was only a couple months old when this came out, which is probably why they didn't use the right stick for the camera controls, opting for L2 and R2 instead. They must have thought that players would prefer to rest their thumb on the face buttons at all times.

No HUD whatsoever. Insomniac was way ahead of this trend. Your health indicator is a dragon fly buzzing about your head.
You feed it the souls of lesser creatures so that it can continue to die in your stead. :uguu

The soundtrack is :uguu too.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:12:08 PM by Rufus »

Svejk

« Reply #31339 on: June 26, 2018, 12:00:23 AM »
On that damn Warframe train again.  When the mood strikes,  it hits hard and I can't think of any games other than it.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31340 on: June 26, 2018, 06:41:50 AM »
The soundtrack is :uguu too.
Stewart Copeland did it. He'd play a level, then write the theme for it.

Insomniac apparently didn't know for quite a while what it sounded like. And they thought it was perfect, but Sony was leery about it.

benjipwns

« Reply #31341 on: June 26, 2018, 06:45:39 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #31342 on: June 26, 2018, 06:47:10 AM »

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #31343 on: June 26, 2018, 07:41:58 AM »
Spyro always gave me massive motion sickness. I never could play the game for more than 30 mins or so.

Corporal

« Reply #31344 on: June 26, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »
Paladins feels like half finished and you really notice how they changed monetisation and core upgrade mechanics several times up until now since nothing seems wholly thought through. One example: Gold is nigh useless. There's barely anthing to unlock without premium currency, and all you can use it for is to boost levels of characters you don't want to play. Yet you get it for every single fart in the game.

Nonetheless, I am enjoying it, particularly since the other multiplayer shooter offering on switch, Fortnite, doesn't really appeal to me.

So, anyways.
Recently I was happily blasting away and alternated between wiping out switch nubs and getting miserably owned by the vastly more experienced XBox players when someone called me and I ended up talking to them with the smartphone wedged between my ear and shoulder. It had to happen, so it did: I screwed up the timing of my ultimate  because the phone started slipping and I hurriedly grabbed at it and waved my switch around like a spaz and whatnot.

Wasted most of the barrage on the horizon, then swerved around wildly at random and plunked the last splash damage blast by accident right into the bunch of approaching enemy team (where I had intended to shoot in the first place  >:(). Since they were already softened up I got a whole bunch of kills and assists from that embarassing display of ineptitude. Then, still struggling with the phone and switch and my poor hand-to-eye coordination, I steered away from combat into the next best corner and stood there for a few moments to sort things out. So far, so stupid.

I grabbed MVP on that match. First Paladin MVP ever, and probably for a while.

And fuck me, just my luck: Paladins shows one kill streak recording of the MVP upon match end, to all players. Guess which of my  killstreaks it picked? Just let me crawl into a hole and hide from humanity. And without any sort of chat I couldn't even ATTEMPT to salvage the pitiful remainders of my dignity. Thanks, Nintendo.  :-\

Hence, PSA: Don't play and phone. Or get a headset. Or just exit the damn match or decline the call. Or just don't be a klutz like me. :-[

Still having fun inbetween all the 'nam flashbacks though. Pretty solid graphics even in handheld mode. The variable resolution does become obvious in mobile mode during busy scenes, on some occasions. And the loading screens are crazy long. Core gameplay is gud tho.
!list

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31345 on: June 26, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »
Spyro always gave me massive motion sickness. I never could play the game for more than 30 mins or so.

Me too. It was the first game to really mess with my perceived balance. There were some shitty camera auto-management decisions.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31346 on: June 26, 2018, 07:18:31 PM »
The snap forward when you charge? I can see that being an issue. I used it to quickly center the camera (triangle does as well, but it's glacially slow by comparison).

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31347 on: June 26, 2018, 09:32:46 PM »
I started playing Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection. A fun little dungeon crawler from Falcom with some really bright, colorful graphics and some decent action RPG battling/dungeon exploration. Plus it has a cool steampunk/airplane/floating city vibe to it, and some incredibly-written dialogue courtesy of X-SEED.
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31348 on: June 27, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »
The snap forward when you charge? I can see that being an issue. I used it to quickly center the camera (triangle does as well, but it's glacially slow by comparison).

Naw, for me it was the way the camera decided to re-orient when I got Spyro too close to a wall. It did a cross-over and a pitch rotation while I hadn't changed a control or direction, which made my perceived balance completely freak out.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31349 on: June 27, 2018, 01:53:54 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #31350 on: June 27, 2018, 02:09:07 AM »
Ubisoft expects me to believe that Ancient Egyptians had fire :comeon

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably how they melted their steel beams to hold up the pyramids :comeon
[close]

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31351 on: June 27, 2018, 06:54:06 PM »
I bet $10 you can't beat Super Challenge. $5 for beating half the game. I'm serious. :bolo

PayPal?

fat

Corporal

« Reply #31352 on: June 27, 2018, 08:30:48 PM »
Nobody ever uses the dedicated screenshot button.  >:(

That said, taking a super tiny cropped photo of the switch screen instead of also showing the post in the background, or a whitty oneliner on a used paper napkin (or some such) feels kinda low effort. Where's the love, demi.

Still, I applaud your willingness to get paid to play the vidya. 
!list

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31353 on: June 27, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
don't underestimate the god of achievements
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31354 on: June 27, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »
Nobody ever uses the dedicated screenshot button.  >:(

That said, taking a super tiny cropped photo of the switch screen instead of also showing the post in the background, or a whitty oneliner on a used paper napkin (or some such) feels kinda low effort. Where's the love, demi.

Still, I applaud your willingness to get paid to play the vidya.

This is on vita. Switch lmao

Also an offscreen pic makes it more genuine.
fat

Corporal

« Reply #31355 on: June 28, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »
All I'm saying is, if you own Tasty's ass, at least properly celebrate it.  :'(

A tiny cropped photo with nothing but a huge ass display glare to marvel at is ...boring.  Where my pizzazz at. :-\

Geez, do you guys even know how to internet gaming forum.  ::)

Where are the wild background items. Tabs with curious names in browser windows. Suspicious blurred desktop backgrounds or icons. Gotcha type messages to the challenger written on paper scraps with odd blemishes. Half naked animu babe figurines or posters. Hug pillows. Dildo/fleshlight packaging peeking out of amazon boxes. H-Manga. Piss in bottles. Fetish gear. Anything properly Vita themed would do, really, but other incriminating or hilarious content would be fine as well.

Being serious for half a second here though, that pic is way too cropped to be of "proper" use. Show the challenge on a screen, write a short unique-but-specific message on a scrap of paper, mount handheld and screen and paper together, then take a photo. That makes proper use of the photo-vs-screenshot-genuinitude.

I'm more interested in funny background items tho. C'mon, gimme some sugah.  :doge

Also, pre-emptive  :no1curr
[close]
[close]

Whatever. To get back on topic: Now that my time investment into Into The Breach is likely to wind down and because I'm a fickle bastard anyway, I've started a game I had wanted to try for ages: Banished.

:whatisthis
Why is every text and UI element so tiny? I shudder to think how this would play at 4k. You'd probably need a microscope. And a verrrrry steady mouse hand.
Why can't I drag the terrain?
Where's my sound? The game is completely mute despite the audio settings indicating a slew of music and noise. Fecking PC configuration hassles rearing their ugly head again.

Thank Jove for the tutorials though.
:aah
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 04:46:02 AM by Corporal »
!list

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31356 on: June 28, 2018, 07:23:12 AM »
I shit on Andrex since the very first post. Only people raised on Pokemon and Soy think this game is hard. The level design couldnt have been any more basic either. Gee wonder how many times they're gonna place an enemy where I need to land. Gee wonder how many times I need to time my float. Zzzz
fat

Tasty

« Reply #31357 on: June 28, 2018, 07:32:10 AM »
:trumps A deal's a deal. PM me your email bitch.

Is there any game you find difficult? Even the PSN completion stats for this game are garbo. :lol

For the record, it took us both about the same time to beat it (<1 week.)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31358 on: June 28, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
all the classic ubi shit to do in this game and i just wanna take photos

[close]

agrajag

« Reply #31359 on: June 28, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »
The Mantis Lords (Hollow Knight) are kicking my ass. I developed a strategy for the first one, if I scale the walls and drop down I have time to regenerate my health when I need to. So I can get by him pretty much at will now. However, when there are two of them, it's getting too frenetic. I have no doubt I will figure out their pattern, but then there comes the third one.. ouch!

agrajag

« Reply #31360 on: June 29, 2018, 03:33:08 AM »
You can get back to them after you upgrade your weapon and get better charms etc. I tried them a few times at first and gave up. Later destroyed them with ease.

Luckily game is super open and there are almost always various paths you can take on.

I feel like I have nowhere else to go really, at this point. I tried beating them with Fragile Heart and Shaman Stone equipped. I also have Longnail, but it doesn't seem like that would do much. I also have a bunch of defensive charms, are they of any use against those guys?

Bebpo

« Reply #31361 on: June 29, 2018, 03:56:25 AM »
Playing the AC Syndicate: Jack the Ripper expansion and it's 1/2 cool. You can tell they put some good effort into the main story and main story missions. Some interesting new gameplay ideas like FEAR STEALTH where you can be in the wide open and scare off people with scary attacks on someone. The remake of Whitechapel and City of London 20 years later looks GREAT, the streets are wider, and everything looks nicer, this is the closest we're going to get to a modern day AC. I did the first main assassination and working in the new fear elements + people able to recruit prostitutes for distract and social stealth again gives some nice options to play around with the opportunities. Also some of the stuff in the main missions like Batman Arkham style investigations are a nice touch. Overall enjoying the main narrative and it's neat seeing the MC characters 20 years older in this sequel. Feels like getting an AC Revelations style continuation with a $5 (on steam sale) DLC.

Now the other 1/2 is the side missions added to fill out the map all seems kinda sucky and worse than Syndicate. Also having lost all your gang upgrades sucks because now there's an enemy walking the street every 5 feet so you're constantly under threat of being discovered which is annoying especially when you start a side mission and a totally unrelated enemy is walking down the street and alerts and fails your side mission right when it starts whoops. I sure miss that gang upgrade where the street enemies ignore you. No idea how long the main missions are, but if it's like the Unity expansion, it's probably 3-4 hours of content so they pad in 3-4 hours of weak side stuff zzz. I maaaay not bother with the side stuff and just do the main missions in this expansion.

agrajag

« Reply #31362 on: June 29, 2018, 04:40:01 AM »
Did you upgrade your Nail at the Blacksmit, agrajag? This is crucial. As for the battle itself keep to the middle of the "arena".

Nope, not sure where the Blacksmith resides. Just about the only stone I've left unturned is the area to the right of mantis village, where you have to hop over the water and thorns (there is a switch that extends a bridge, but I only got the first half of the bridge activated), but I can't seem to get across.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31363 on: June 29, 2018, 08:42:55 AM »
Way of the Samurai 3 - A constant interplay of "jank getting in the way of Samurai vibes :beli " and "you can do that? :gladbron ".

kingv

« Reply #31364 on: June 29, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »
I finished up Samus returns.

Solid Metroid game and a pretty good remake.

My only real complaint is there is confusing feedback on some of the enemies. Like silver enemies are (I think) only able to be killed by the Aeion boosted gun, but they still flash yellow when you shoot them with you normal cannon.

To make it more confusing, there are enemies that look exactly the same but are slightly gold in color that seem to be able to be killed with the normal gun. It’s just confusing because the feedback is unclear when a gun is working or not.

Started Mario and rabbids and it’s pretty legit. The rabbids are fun characters and the rabbid versions of the mario characters are pretty hilarious in a cheesy way.

agrajag

« Reply #31365 on: June 29, 2018, 07:24:32 PM »
Where you have to hop over the water and thorns (there is a switch that extends a bridge, but I only got the first half of the bridge activated), but I can't seem to get across.

Just follow that path, mang.

Borys, I am a stubborn fuck, so I ended up beating them without upgrading my nail. Persistance!

agrajag

« Reply #31366 on: June 29, 2018, 11:43:43 PM »
Thanks. I also got to that place I was having trouble getting to right after. The Quiet City or something? I ran into Hornet again, and she told me to look for some grave, I am once again lost. Just screwing around in the deep nest right now, got pretty far before I died.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31367 on: June 30, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
Shadow Dancer - I can get behind this, a streamlined and much less frustrating Shinobi 1 with a much better style (and no weird trademark theft). It's no Shinobi 3, but still easily the next best in that series for me - especially since I couldn't ever get into Revenge of Shinobi.

Lara Croft Go - super chill, this is the first mobile game I really like (at least so far - though I'm not playing on a phone).

Yeah, I like Shadow Dancer much better than Revenge (and that awful double jump)... it's a slow, deliberately paced game with some amazing music and set pieces.
^_^

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31368 on: June 30, 2018, 01:26:20 PM »
Wait wait wait wa...............................................

HOLD ON A FUCKING MINUTE

Where was:

- Rabiah?
- VersaLife?
- Picus HQ?
- Janus HQ?
- escaping from TF29 a la escaping from UNATCO in Deus Ex 1?

What the hell happened with this game?!?!?

It just... ends.

One fucking lousy boss? count'em *two* if you include Daria Myska?!?

The side quests where the best since The Witcher 3 and Baldur's Gate 2, the writing was TOP NOTCH, the dialogues were incredible, the level design was IMPECCABLE. No single level was rushed or cut like Panchea.

It's just that the whole fucking game got cut in the middle............... de-augmented.
I got a feeling I am getting close to the end.
Once you are finished, watch this:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31369 on: June 30, 2018, 01:42:56 PM »
Still an amazing game. Such a shame we never go the entire thing and a sequel. But I don't think a lackluster ending should decide the final verdict.

It's one of those games that is more than just the sum of its parts. I'm still sad that almost no one bought it and the sequel got shitcanned.  :goty2
Before EA tanked Mass Effect we still got the more or less intended trilogy.
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31370 on: June 30, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
Rufus, I watched this back when you posted it and it focuses on microtransactions which I don't even know exist. I guess for the Breach MP mode?

Shame what happened here, such a humongous potential squandered.
Sorry. :lol I'm trying to live vicariously through your reaction to both the ending and the idea that Square-Enix meddling allegedly led to the game being truncated. I already knew before I played the game and hence didn't have as strong of a reaction to it.

Here's some empty words to maybe get excited about :doge
https://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-is-not-dead-eidos-montreal-boss-says/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31371 on: June 30, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
Started Nier: Automata: Become as Gods Edition.

I have no idea what is going on. But this is fucking great.  :doge
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31372 on: July 01, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
Still playing some more Zwei, and I played the 3rd GB Castlevania.

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection, it's a pretty fun hack and slash with some fantastic writing... not really on the level of the Ys games but worth a play.

3rd GB Castlevania isn't as bad as everyone says, although the music kinda took a hit and some of the level design is questionable. Definitely made by the "B Team" over at Konami.

Borys - cool pics... really need to get around to the Deus Ex games one of these days. I own 1 and 3 since from what I gather 2 is terrible?
^_^

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #31373 on: July 01, 2018, 12:34:35 PM »
Way too into a stupid idle clicker called Tap Titans 2. Heading up a clan in it now :lol

kingv

« Reply #31374 on: July 01, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
Dues Ex 1 was so amazing at the time. One of the coolest parts to me was how open ended the story was. From what I can’t exall you could kill pretty much any character and the game would continue. That seemed revolutionary at the time.

daycru

« Reply #31375 on: July 01, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »
Crash Bandicoot on PC is so damn fun. Switching back and forth between the three games, reminds me of Super Mario Maker in terms of having a million fun levels.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #31376 on: July 01, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
I love the original DE story because it's so off the rails. they took just about every conspiracy theory from the 90s and tied them all into one big story. it's serious sometimes, it's stupid sometimes, but it's always memorable.

fuck the section in China tho; that shit was just garbage.
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31377 on: July 02, 2018, 01:16:49 AM »
STILL PLAYING JUST CAUSE 2, just 'cos.

I'm getting back into the groove of tether/parachute/adjust-camera-pitch and it feels pretty good.
:larrydavid

I'm 53 hours into the game, and only just realized that I can move around the helicopter's exterior the same way I can crawl around a car. So all the times I've tethered my way up to a helicopter and been hanging from its belly instead of properly highjacking it as I'd planned, I'm supposed to navigate to its nose and then shoot the co-pilot. Why not just send me to the front of the helicopter instead of requiring an extra step? I promise I will be ready to shoot the co-pilot immediately.

For that matter, I feel like crawling around cars is not particularly useful. It feels good, and looks awesome, but the cars are utterly too fragile to encourage that fiddly bit of tomfoolery. I want to ride the grill and shoot the mooks chasing me, but the car I'm on will explode all too readily.

Fun game. I've 100%'d over a 100 settlements now. I can probably just blow through the story missions and call it a day, move on to Venom in: HULK ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION 3, er...  [PROTOTYPE 2]

Bebpo

« Reply #31378 on: July 02, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
I sat down and completely finished up the first of the 3 major island chains in Just Cause 3 including the main missions and got to the 2nd chain. Not sure why other than to find a good stopping point and see what happens when you beat an island chain (aka is there a final boss fight for the island chain general; there sorta is one for control of the island, but not actually against the general).

Yeah I'm so over this game. It's fun in minutes, and it's nice causing massive destruction. But the only difference between the first 5 minutes of the game and 15 hours in seems to be that you die a lot quicker since there's a million people lock on and somehow shooting you while you're grappling and move around at high speed. I was kinda hoping maybe the different islands would have different things to do, but nope, 2nd island is the exact same and the only difference I see hopping on the 3rd is the cities have skyscrapers and stuff now.

This game is such a letdown and weak followup. Feels like the Crackdown 2 of the series. JC4 better re-work the whole franchise from the ground up to be worth playing. Another more of the same expansion just isn't going to be worth my time. Do we know which Avalanche team is working on Rage 2 and which is on JC4? Because despite the problems of Mad Max (of which there are MANY), at least that main JC2/MM team's games are motivating enough to finish unlike JC3.

Corporal

« Reply #31379 on: July 02, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
Smahtfone gaem tiemz: Deck De Dungeon 2.

An utterly broken but very enjoyable card based rogue-like. Although the first one was way less broken and more dungeon crawlery. Basically a different game. And it didn't demand a net connection to sync its clock and unlock daily rewards  (and allow for leaderboards and timed challenges). Oh, and the it had delicious pixel graphics while this one has normal painted art.  :-*

Well, I say rogue-like but it's really just a set of enemy cards you can battle in sequence, with temporary random card draws for your deck in between the fights. Some of these strings of fights can have special rules and effects placed on enemies and yourself to mix things up.
Plus a town from which you disembark after perma-buying cards and creating your comparatively tiny starter deck. There's no death penalty, and every run nets you renown and money and sometimes cards, rarely even dungeon-specific cards.

You have 20HP and 20"MP", and each card has an associated cost and effect, plus there's two kinds of damage that can be shielded by two kinds of shield respectively (which have their own mechanics, one is ablative and the other usually only exists for the turn it has been summoned). After you run out of "MP" or cards to play or cards to draw, the enemy gets to act but unlike you, they have a strict turn-attack schedule that you can look up with a tap. When they're done with attacking/buffing/debuffing your hand gets replenished (to usually five cards, after your discard pile is made into your draw pile if needed).

Why broken? Well, the cards you find or draw can very rarely have permanent effects attached to them. Those are active during battle as long as the card is in your deck. You can sell these special cards and get tokens back that allow you to infuse a random effect into other cards for a moderate to hefty fee, so as long as you have enough money, renown and spare cards you can eventually get any kind of desired effect on any one card.

One example of these effects would be to give you a token that lets you play a single card for free whenever you take damage.
Another would be to suffer a tiny bit of damage every time you play a card.

(Or it would let you gain a tiny bit of life whenever you play a card, or whenever you suffer damage, or outright ignore small chip damage or boost your attack power or gain cards for your hand whenever you gain life and so on and so forth.)

Get where I'm going with this? The originally carefully balanced turn based battle system that limits how many cards you can play per turn and how many cards you can draw per turn can be completely ignored (and with the combination of a renown-based card that lets you shuffle your discard pile into your draw pile from the town shop you can basically play for free while the enemy doesn't get to participate).

Only annoyance left is that going from battle to battle still counts as a turn so your buffs like on-contact poisoning, extra damage or shielding decay eventually. No problem though since you replenish them with every endless turn of yours.

Have been playing those two games ever since I got my iPad 2 back in the day. Nominally, they're F2P with some premium currency, but monetization is so subdued it might as well not exist. Ever so often I just wipe the save and start again because I'm getting too ridiculously overpowered.
Soon, I will get a hankering for DDD1 and wipe that save. I know it's coming. Wheee

For ios and Android. F2P, Japanese, with terribad english localisation. There's a titled third one that isn't localized and I have no clue whether it's good or bad. Probably best to start with 1 and then try 2. They're rather different games, so give both a try if you're curious.
!list