Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 2111696 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #36600 on: January 24, 2021, 03:13:40 PM »
Started Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition today.

It looks very pretty despite being a Wii game.
They did a lot to update it.

Nintex

• Boy's Club President
« Reply #36601 on: January 24, 2021, 08:21:34 PM »
Yeah, I played it on Wii too and especially the character models were rough back then.
XENO

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36602 on: January 25, 2021, 09:42:21 AM »
I support my waifu's decision to have more polys and be more poly.
@

Pissy F Benny

• Damn you to hell Rumpelstiltskin
« Reply #36603 on: January 25, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »
anime :oreilly

:piss :jgames :piss2

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #36604 on: January 25, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »
got the 1000/1000 in The Little Acre then deleted. Good game. Recommended to my 8 year old neice

finished up 'The Foundation' DLC in Control (got all achievements). Very very good DLC pack but some of the achievements sucked ass. I'd imagine finding all the hidden cat statues without a guide would be close to impossible. Getting one of the AI buddies to get 5 kills was a drag. Overall great though.

Moving onto the AWE DLC tonight

Nintex

• Boy's Club President
« Reply #36605 on: January 25, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
Finished the first few introduction chapters of Xenoblade.
I had forgotten how difficult and epic it can be at times.

Just walking around, listening to some tunes and suddenly EVIL RABBIT LVL 8 starts jamming and kicks your ass. :rimshot

The pacing of the game is perfect too. Sure the introduction has a lot of tutorial things but it is nicely woven into some quests and story that it doesn't feel like you're playing a 4 hour intro that has no significance.
Even in the intro you are persuaded to go beyond the story path and explore a bit in the first area. Not unlike Breath of the Wild now that I think about it :thinking
XENO

« Reply #36606 on: January 28, 2021, 10:00:51 PM »
I started Breath of the Wild again and now that I started fresh again with all the dlc, it makes it all so nice. I got the ancient horse gear which lets me teleport my horse to me at any time and Im actually using a horse now. It was always kinda dumb cuz you would take your horse out of a stable and then immediately come across a river to cross or mountain to climb and then never see your horse again until the next stable. Im also just less preschools about my weapons and arrows this time around and it makes everything a lot more fun. Im not just hoarding the good stuff. Anyways 11/10 game. Everything about it is perfect.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36607 on: January 29, 2021, 02:48:27 PM »
Playing the Xenoblade 1 Deluxe Edition epilogue - I'm getting kinda tired of the Xenoblade style combat system nowadays. There's just too much... stuff... going on at one time that battles devolve into nothing more than a shitton of numbers and clutter. I love the exploration aspect of the XB games and the new area is pretty cool. Music is more mellow than the main game, and it's weird having a disco battle theme.

Also playing a bunch of DKC2, up to the final stage but now going back through the stages collecting the DK Coins and Kremcoins. Then will tackle the secret areas... gonna try to 100...err 102% complete it.

Streets of Rage 4 I'm steadily progressing in the final area. Made it to the final battle against the big robot but got my ass kicked.
^_^

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #36608 on: January 29, 2021, 03:40:34 PM »
I've been playing The Outer Worlds on Switch.

I picked it up cheap, even though these type of games usually bore me before the tutorial is even over.

It surprised me how accessible it was and the conversations trees are quite good. Combat is pretty average though. Not Red Dead Redemption 2 levels of bad, but they still could have made things a little smoother.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:49:31 PM by Potato »
Spud

Bebpo

« Reply #36609 on: January 30, 2021, 07:52:50 PM »
In AC Vahalla I finished the first story arc in England (Grantsebridge). And then decided to take a pause and go around doing 100% of the side stuff/collectibles in both that area and the first half of the Norway map.

I thought it would burn me out, but I'm getting close to being done with those two areas ~20 hours in now and my opinion of Valhalla has gone from "worst AC since AC3" to "Ok, but kind interesting & boring AC game"

It was feeling kind of like Ubisoft trying to do an RDR2 life-sim clone but everything far more shallow both in gameplay & writing & narrative. But doing all the side stuff I kinda feel that is the real game in this one. It's like a big ass world with lots of little things to do that are kinda fun and kinda interesting, but because of the massive landmass between each one and real lack of fast travel locations, it's kind of boring getting to them.

I feel like this is the weirdest AC game yet. Origins was a shakeup and going for that arpg thing, but it still felt like AC x rpg-lite kinda mainstream game. You had your main story, your quests and some treasures & viewpoints and elephant super-bosses and that was about it. This AC with all the lack of hand-holding and focus on just exploring around finding weird shit and doing it for 5 mins is just pretty different from modern AAA gaming.

I'm starting to think some of the 8/10 reviews are pretty fair on this, it's got good ideas, but it's not great. While not a huge reboot of Origins/Odyssey, it does feel like a very soft-reboot of that formula to something kind of different. It actually reminds me more of Black Flag than Origins? (sailing around & doing little 5 min things).

Maybe the story will pick up, I feel like if it had a stronger lead like Bayek or more interesting story it would carry the game more. Eivor has got to be the dullest AC lead I can think of at this point. He has no personality and is just this wise well-spoken polite viking  :doge

I liked with Bayek that you could really feel his rage when he was pissed and also his humanity when helping common people. He's the kind of guy that would laugh and eat with villagers and then go fuckup the local boss.

Maybe female Eivor is better, idk. I think the character is just boring.

Bebpo

« Reply #36610 on: January 31, 2021, 03:35:05 AM »

Got to Asgard and dang, it looks nice and kinda remedies one issue I have with Valhalla having no big cool cities. But it's lvl.90 and I'm like lvl.67 after clearing those two areas. So I bailed out and started a river journey up in the Ledes~~ arc.

It was pretty neat. There's something about turning the compass UI off and just heading up the river stopping at things along the way. Finding treasures in old Roman aquaducts, stealthing bandit camps, running oddball little stories, sync-ing viewpoints, infiltrating bases. Has a nice river boat adventure feel. Kind like how Black Flag was opening sailing adventure, this is river boat adventure. Maybe the sequel will be during the Vietnam War  :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #36611 on: January 31, 2021, 04:19:43 AM »
I hope the Asgard shit is minimal.
I like the Duat stuff in Origins, but i'm afraid the series is leaning too much on supernatural garbage, especially with Odyssey, it was obnoxious.

AC is fun because of its pseudo-historical tourism, but some people want to turn it into mythology LOTR videogame #298637.

Bebpo

« Reply #36612 on: January 31, 2021, 04:28:46 AM »
It's pretty small. Norway is 2 map sections, England is like 14-16?, there's an endgame map and 2 asgard maps. Something like 20ish map sections total in the game and Asgard is 2 so 10%? Also it's an optional place/questline. Not part of the main story. Take drugs and explore.

Also I heard, like Odyssey, this game is super long as fuck. I'm at 24 hours now after clearing 2 map sections 100%. So if there's like 20, that would extrapolate to over 200 hours to 100% the map.

Yeah, I think longest AC game I played was Origins and that was like 80 hours including the expansions to do all the story/sidequests. At some point in Valhalla I'm just gonna cut losses on side content and just stick to the story otherwise I'm never gonna finish this. Can't imagine putting 100 hours+ into an AC game's repetition without bailing.

And then there's the fact in progression that the character levels go from like lvl.1->lvl.300, so progression is extremely incremental per level but like every little thing gives xp so you're constantly leveling up. It's just an odd balance as a result of a hugely long game.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #36613 on: January 31, 2021, 05:11:35 AM »
Yeah i said it before, but these open world games are buffets, you're not supposed to clean the plate, but pick and choose as you go along.
If you go in with a completionist attitude, you're just going to have a bad time.

Pissy F Benny

• Damn you to hell Rumpelstiltskin
« Reply #36614 on: January 31, 2021, 07:55:56 AM »
I'm like 70 hours in mostly main lining and would guess I've got another 10 hours at least to go :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36615 on: January 31, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
Yeah i said it before, but these open world games are buffets, you're not supposed to clean the plate, but pick and choose as you go along.
If you go in with a completionist attitude, you're just going to have a bad time.

Yeah, I have trouble walking away without cleaning the plate, and sometimes end up damaging what should have been a good time. I tried finishing the DLC for Spider-Man and ugh. No, thanks. The first Assassins Creed game actually burned me out for being completely-completionist, but I still struggle with the compulsion.

Beezy

« Reply #36616 on: January 31, 2021, 11:11:43 PM »
Played through all the FFXV DLC eps this weekend. The story bits of the Ignis and Ardyn ones really should've made it into the main game somehow.

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #36617 on: February 01, 2021, 03:20:49 AM »
Anyone play Catan Universe or other digital boardgames?

Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36618 on: February 01, 2021, 06:28:52 AM »
Christ, The Medium is terrible. How do they still suck this much at horror games after 4 tries...

« Reply #36619 on: February 01, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
I started Kingdom Hearts 2 finally after beating 1 like a couple years ago. Holy shit this intro is so incredibly boring. This is worse than Skyward Sword. When does the game get good like everyone says this is the best rpg combat system? I started skipping cutscenes toward the end of the prologue which I think Im finished with by now. I just want to beat this or at least get close to the end so I can move onto birth by sleep which always interested me.

Bebpo

« Reply #36620 on: February 01, 2021, 05:33:19 PM »
Best rpg combat system? hahaha, what.
I guess if you're playing on super extra extreme difficulty final mix edition of KH2/KH3 against the post-game data battles it's good technical DMC/NG style combat.

But otherwise it's just a fun mash friendly combat game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #36621 on: February 01, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »
The intro is the worst part, easy. It gets a lot better.

And yes KH2 has the best combat of the series
fat

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #36622 on: February 01, 2021, 07:28:16 PM »
Finished Death Stranding and I have....thoughts. I think that this is one of those MGS 2 games where you either think Kojima was off his rocker or brilliant. I have to admit I find myself in the pro-Koima camp on this one. Yeah it has a ton of flaws but I get the overall idea and like it. That being said, I expect exactly no one to agree with me on this. I can totally see how anyone could come to this and find it a waste of time.

Bought a copy of Cyber Shadow the Yacht Club games publisher got my interest. That being said, I think it's.....OK, I guess. I see some people raving about it, but these tend to be younger gamers that didn't live through the NES cycle. For those of us that did, Cyber Shadow can be swapped out with any number of games (Batman, Ninja Gaiden, etc). I feel like it doesn't bring much new to the table, and certainly doesn't do it better than everyone else. Further you're supposed to be a badass ninja and I spend most of my time doing resource management. It's not until the second to the last chapter when you do something different, so why put in a vehicle level at all if you only put it in the end?  Really I feel it's at best passable. And with the $20 price tag? That's generous. If it was $10 I'd be more likely to recommend it, but at this price point? It's just ragingly OK.
que

Bebpo

« Reply #36623 on: February 01, 2021, 08:54:32 PM »
Finished Death Stranding and I have....thoughts. I think that this is one of those MGS 2 games where you either think Kojima was off his rocker or brilliant. I have to admit I find myself in the pro-Koima camp on this one. Yeah it has a ton of flaws but I get the overall idea and like it. That being said, I expect exactly no one to agree with me on this. I can totally see how anyone could come to this and find it a waste of time.

Actually that's pretty much how Death Stranding is (love/hate) and most people who've played it are on the thumbs up side.

I've actually never met a person online or irl who didn't like Death Stranding. I feel like all the flack was like week 1 from reviewers and Kojima haters. Basically everyone who played it thought it was a good game. Has flaws, sure. But it's ambitious and interesting and a lot of fun.

The intro is the worst part, easy. It gets a lot better.

And yes KH2 has the best combat of the series

I like BBS's combat the most, but KH2 combat is better than KH3 combat, yeah.

naff

• <̽̎̏ͨͣ͞҉̯͔̩̩͕ͅ>̫͔͍̥͉̳͚͓͗͋̄̑ͧ̓̔̏ͭ̿͌ͫ́̒́ͩ̀͡͞ͅ
« Reply #36624 on: February 02, 2021, 04:12:14 AM »
Just got the Hotline in Control and called it quits for the night. Great intro, this is extremely my shit.

Also put a couple hrs in destruction all stars. There's something kinda interesting here, but it doesn't seem to pull it together and feels pretty flat so far. Will give it another go at some point. Really enjoying the Wipeout Omega Collection, never got to play 2048 and the tracks look stunning if a little busy. I love the stripped down presentation of the early Wipeouts. Deleted NFS hot pursuit, I don't really understand why I enjoyed this so much back on ps3. Feels very by the numbers and dull now, and all the cars feel like boats.
◕‿◕

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36625 on: February 02, 2021, 07:09:25 AM »
Oh man, The Medium is trying to tackle
spoiler (click to show/hide)
rape, child abuse and the holocaust
[close]
and does all of it in the worst way possible.

I love this game now.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36626 on: February 02, 2021, 10:08:49 AM »
[close]

I love this game now.

:polandcry
@

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #36627 on: February 02, 2021, 03:44:09 PM »
[close]

I love this game now.
That part is strange, because it only exists to introduce a certain character.

Nintex

• Boy's Club President
« Reply #36628 on: February 02, 2021, 08:42:42 PM »
About 20 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles now. Just wrapped up the Mine at Colony 6.

Such a lovely comfy game. With that said it can get pretty dark at times with robots eating humans and all that  :tocry
XENO

« Reply #36629 on: February 02, 2021, 08:57:33 PM »
One of the best jrpgs ever  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #36630 on: February 02, 2021, 09:07:32 PM »
I totally loved how Xenoblade streamlined quests and especially side quests.

I totally hated how the side quests really weren't worth it.
que

« Reply #36631 on: February 02, 2021, 10:19:44 PM »
It doesn't do a good job of signalling which quests or questlines are worthwhile, but there are a few. You can get 2 extra skill trees for each character, unique weapons, arts for the monado, bosses and even some voiced cutscenes/story content. I did every quest in the game thanks to how easy it is in the remaster and I enjoyed it a lot. Never managed to do that in the original. I've maxed out my party levels and am grinding for end game gems to beat the superbosses.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36632 on: February 03, 2021, 12:16:43 AM »
Finished Xenoblade Future Connected just now. Adds a bit of depth to Melia's storyline and getting to play the Bionis Shoulder (an area that was used as a test area in the original Wii game) was neat.

Also continued onwards with DKC2. I beat the first 4 Lost World areas and got all the bonuses/coins up to Screech's Sprint. So inching closer to the end... a bit worried about the final Lost World, however.

My fiancee has been taking to Tetris Effect so I've been playing a bit with her... I beat the game on beginner difficulty but am stuck at world 6 on the normal difficulty. She didn't grow up playing Tetris but she's been learning pretty quick.

My Ys IX arrived so I'll probably start that this weekend.
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36633 on: February 03, 2021, 05:05:47 AM »
I'm still laughing at The Medium for having "Press RB to parry child abuse" as one of the setpieces.

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #36634 on: February 03, 2021, 05:36:21 AM »
I'm still laughing at The Medium for having "Press RB to parry child abuse" as one of the setpieces.

:goty :goty2 :gamer
Wine

Spieler1

« Reply #36635 on: February 03, 2021, 09:38:20 PM »
Man, don't sell your games too leniently brehs. I rebought Dead Space Wii last year after selling it 10 years back and now found out I got a censored version that cuts the best part out of the finale - as if it wasn't bad enough that it was quite costly used :picard
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 11:35:01 AM by Spieler1 »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36636 on: February 03, 2021, 11:06:35 PM »
Beat K Rool and got the "regular" ending in DKC2. Missed a Kremcoin in the Web Woods so I have to go back there, and then it's off to Animal Antics, the super tough bonus area...

Also my fiancee inspired me to get back into Tetris Effect. I finally beat Stage 6 on Normal (I beat it on Beginner last weekend)... so now up to the final stage on Normal.
^_^

Nintex

• Boy's Club President
« Reply #36637 on: February 04, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »
It doesn't do a good job of signalling which quests or questlines are worthwhile, but there are a few. You can get 2 extra skill trees for each character, unique weapons, arts for the monado, bosses and even some voiced cutscenes/story content. I did every quest in the game thanks to how easy it is in the remaster and I enjoyed it a lot. Never managed to do that in the original. I've maxed out my party levels and am grinding for end game gems to beat the superbosses.
Yeah the game is much more pleasant on Switch and a breeze to play. Perhaps it's a bit too easy because I find it so well balanced up until now but I don't mind. :rejoice
XENO

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36638 on: February 04, 2021, 11:30:25 PM »
Yay, beat Animal Antics and got the 102%...

Tomorrow gonna start Ys IX and catass that all weekend :O

Hey Nintex - are you gonna play Future Connected when you're done?
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #36639 on: February 05, 2021, 02:02:32 AM »
Xenoblade 1 is one of my favorite rpgs. I was interested in Future Connected, but everyone told me it was just filler and worse than Torna expansion for XB2. Don't really want to spend the money or time for it.

Really hoping the next Takahashi game is Xenoblade X2. I think there's plenty of room for improvement in the X series and the story well...I'd rather see where the X story is going than more stuff like XB2 which I thought was the weakest Xeno~ story yet with the worst cast.

Bebpo

« Reply #36640 on: February 05, 2021, 02:16:52 AM »
AC Vikings

So about 30 hours in now, just finishing up my 3rd story arc in Ledecestre (btw, fuck trying to spell Medieval England city names without google), and I like this a lot now! But everyone I've talked to whose playing it likes it for different reasons.

Makes me think AC is in that Final Fantasy situation where everyone's version of a good AC game is something different so good luck trying to please all the fans.

For me I actually really enjoy that the game has no central story. Breaking it into 5-10 hour story arcs, each in their own region with side stuff just makes this like the best pick up and play AC ever. I'm not compelled to beat this in a few weeks or months. Or ever play it as my main game I'm playing. But I'll probably beat it at some point some day. I like that I can just turn on the PS5 and quick resume (not like I'm playing anything else on that system) and toss up the raven and see what's the next dot between me and my next story mission and then ride over and do something. And just do a few of those and then shut it off and I'm good. Everything takes like 10-20 mins so it's really perfect bite-sized segments.

The world events that are like mini-mini-quests are pretty enjoyable and give the locations a bit more life. Hunting for treasures and solving the puzzles or platforming to get to them is fun. The only thing that totally sucks as is the flying paper chases from AC3 which still suck because the platforming controls will never be good on a tight timer in AC. If I was reviewing the game I'd subtract an entire point out of 10 for bringing those shitty things back.

But otherwise it looks nice, really good sharp textures and art direction, runs great (and makes me pretty impressed with the PS5), good music.

I think the weakest part overall is that this is a really uninteresting time period/location for the setting. Maybe historically it's interesting, but basically Dark Ages England is just like all the cool looking stuff from Roman Empire days are gone and we're not at the next cool architecture period, so it's an entire game map of drab boring villages & ruins. I think I would've rather had a Roman Empire era England, but I get that coming from Greece that'd be too similar, so they went with this.

Valhalla is good for everything other than cool looking buildings/cities to climb through. Though that's probably my favorite part of AC games so it is a bit of a bummer, but the story arcs and exploration make up for it.

Oh and I'm playing with very minimal HUD and it's working well with this not much handholding AC game. I keep lifebars and stuff, but that's about it. Instead I just swap between the map and using my raven to locate the next item and then head in that direction. Makes exploring and figuring things out pretty fun.

Bebpo

« Reply #36641 on: February 05, 2021, 03:54:21 AM »

Now that I'm done with Hitman 3, back to DQXIs, good stuff.

Had the first challenge trying to do the fight challenges at Angri-La way too early and underleveled. Getting under 16 turns with my party at this point took me like 40 mins of strategy planning and gear swaps. Kinda annoying, kinda fun. Probably just wait until later to come back and do them.

Definitely starting to get more later/endgame type optional stuff. Got the charm quest at the medal place and stacked on all my highest charm stuff for my MC and still wasn't enough so yeah, will come back later.

Nintex

• Boy's Club President
« Reply #36642 on: February 06, 2021, 07:08:31 PM »
Yay, beat Animal Antics and got the 102%...

Tomorrow gonna start Ys IX and catass that all weekend :O

Hey Nintex - are you gonna play Future Connected when you're done?
Yep, that's my plan if I don't give up on this one. Currently ~20 hours into Xenoblade about lvl 35.

About halfway through Makna forest and just saved Melia. Either I've gotten much better at RPG's than I did in the Wii days or the game has gotten easier because I don't recall getting Melia so fast in the Wii version of the game.
In fact I don't recall this part of the game at all but it's hard to remember of the original because you could never really tell what was going on during battles.  :doge

I also still have to complete XB2 some day and I still haven't touched Torna either.

While I liked the premise of Xenoblade X, I didn't like how the game was structured. It all played a bit cumbersome more like an MMORPG than a story driven RPG. The fast travel points also seemed to always be just where you didn't need to be.
You could say that Xenoblade 1 also has a lot of fairly simple fetch and monster killing quests but those are far less cumbersome and there's nearly always a fast travel point nearby.
XENO

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #36643 on: February 07, 2021, 02:51:44 AM »
So Im currently playing through Persona 5 Royal, and will likely be getting Strikers once I wrap it up.

That should lead straight into Yakuza 7 once the PS5 version is out.

I also need to finish up Ghost of Tsushima which I put on hold when 2077 came out.

I also want to fit in 13 Sentinels somewhere there.

I basically transformed to this guy:  :expert

:existential
Wine

MMaRsu

« Reply #36644 on: February 07, 2021, 06:03:59 AM »
 :nerds

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36645 on: February 08, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
Beat Tetris Effect on normal, and my fiancee beat it on beginner... I'm gonna introduce her to Lumines next.

Also started Ys IX and played the first 3 chapters. It plays great, though with some strange framerate dips here and there. It feels like Adol in a much faster paced Arkham game... The verticality is neat but makes it a bit hard to figure out where to go in the tightly-cramped dungeons. The music is uncharacteristically bland so far, as is the setting (The lost island with prehistoric beasts and the castaway theme of VIII resonated with me much more than superheroes investigating the prison-industrial complex). Translation is much better than VIII at least.
^_^

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36646 on: February 08, 2021, 12:12:53 PM »

:uguu

Been playing Void Terrarium (or void tRrLM(); //Void Terrarium if you're an insane person), and it's pretty dece so far. It's a rogue-like in the vein of Shiren the Wanderer, but instead of losing everything upon death, all your items are converted into crafting materials. Sometimes you actually want to die, because you need to get back to your base and feed Toriko, the possibly last human alive on Earth, that you've adopted along with the AI that destroyed humanity 100 years earlier (but he's sorry about it). The AI tells you what materials you need and where to find them, then you go out into the wilds and scavenge parts and food for Toriko to make her safe and happy, while fighting radioactive bugs and automated defense drones. It's cute.
@

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #36647 on: February 08, 2021, 02:18:50 PM »
Dragon Quest 11S

So one of the bulletpoints for this version was "character side stories"

What they ACTUALLY meant were "tiny, useless ass vignettes that occur at the beginning of act 2"
fat

Spieler1

« Reply #36648 on: February 08, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »
Control. Very cool game. I don't know how well they've patched this on PS4, but it's not nearly as unplayable as has been told. At least the version on PS+. Sometimes it slows down and the load times can be dreadful if you die often, but whatever. Though it was the Digital Foundry crowd that screeched at the sight of the console versions and I'm not exactly their target audience, being unable to even tell (let alone care) if a game is 30 or 60 fps  :doge

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #36649 on: February 08, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »
I'm trying to play old shitty Star Wars games on EA Play and it turns out most of them up to The Force Unleashed games are basically unplayable on current systems. Most run on DOSbox, don't support controllers and if they do it breaks the game, they play at 200% speed, no audio, etc. Lmao. They really put Star Wars stuff at the forefront of promotion for EA Play, so lol. Shady shit.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #36650 on: February 08, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »
Control. Very cool game. I don't know how well they've patched this on PS4, but it's not nearly as unplayable as has been told. At least the version on PS+. Sometimes it slows down and the load times can be dreadful if you die often, but whatever. Though it was the Digital Foundry crowd that screeched at the sight of the console versions and I'm not exactly their target audience, being unable to even tell (let alone care) if a game is 30 or 60 fps  :doge
I played on PC, but i think some of the problematic areas come a bit later on, not sure where you're at, still.

Svejk

« Reply #36651 on: February 08, 2021, 05:05:40 PM »
Been playing that too, thanks to PS+.  I've been enjoying it quite a bit so far.  I can totally be a fair weather graphics whore, and this game is doing it for me in Graphics Mode.  30fps is totally playable with that sweet RT (even though on the lower spectrum).

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #36652 on: February 08, 2021, 07:42:44 PM »
Nex Machina (2017)

A twin stick shoot em up in the vein of a Smash TV. It looks great, plays great, has great music, but it took multiple times of trying to start it before it finally started up, then would momentarily pause on me frequently, and eventually crashed. I got about a third through it when it crashed and didn't save my progress so I'm not going back to it, but it was pretty neat. Not sure if it is a problem with the game or my PC, which has overheated a couple of times recently.

« Reply #36653 on: February 08, 2021, 10:59:53 PM »
Continuing BOTW, best game of all time  :-* starting fresh with all the dlc is great. I got the korok mask so early and Im just finding them left and right. One thing the next game needs is the ability to quickly swap your armour sets. Especially since the climbing and swimming armours make such a huge improvement in movement!

I caught the lord of the mountain and took it to a stable and they freaked out, then we got shot by a guardian and he vanished. Rip king.

Bebpo

« Reply #36654 on: February 08, 2021, 11:05:35 PM »
I had a random thought tonight that AC Valhalla would be better if the combat aped Dynasty Warriors rather than 1 on 1 fights of Sekiro/character action.

Most of the time you're just raiding and fighting mass amounts of enemies in war. You should be AoE hitting a bunch of enemies at a time and have cool AoE hitting specials like spinning your big axe in a whirlwind circle hitting all enemies near you. Bulls dash through a group and destroy everyone in your way, etc....

I think the combat would be more fun like that. Because standard AC slash and parry and shit against 1 enemy at a time is super boring against 20 grunts in a row. Bosses in Valhalla are fun as Sekiro-baby-lite. But standard combat needs more crowd control.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #36655 on: February 09, 2021, 10:40:45 AM »
Shio (2017)

One of those punishing platformers. There are no enemies or combat, just running and jumping. It looks great, has a great atmosphere, and cool music. It's hard, though. Not cheap, but definitely hard and it will absolutely fuck you if you make the slightest mistake or your timing is slightly off. Looks like about about the 1/3rd point of the game and I tried this one little area probably 200 times :rage I'm gonna have to come back to it because I started zoning out completely :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #36656 on: February 10, 2021, 02:51:05 AM »

Pretty game is pretty.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #36657 on: February 10, 2021, 08:37:15 AM »
Nex Machina (2017)

A twin stick shoot em up in the vein of a Smash TV. It looks great, plays great, has great music, but it took multiple times of trying to start it before it finally started up, then would momentarily pause on me frequently, and eventually crashed. I got about a third through it when it crashed and didn't save my progress so I'm not going back to it, but it was pretty neat. Not sure if it is a problem with the game or my PC, which has overheated a couple of times recently.

An update to this: My PC is running Jedi Fallen Order with everything set to epic with zero problems (despite all spec sites saying my PC should under perform greatly) but Nex Machina was making my CPU start to over heat and crash :what

Svejk

« Reply #36658 on: February 10, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Pretty game is pretty.
I was really getting into this until Control popped up on PS+.  Wanted to play through it real quick and jump back to AC.  Game is stunning looking and is fun to play so far.  I'm not too looking forward to the girth of this one particularly, but the quest design is better and more streamlined and personal when compared to Odyssey, so that helps a lot.

Nintex

• Boy's Club President
« Reply #36659 on: February 10, 2021, 05:46:15 PM »
~28 hours now, lvl 38.
Makna Forest story stuff done and the Telethia defeated. Nopon village story stuff cleared as well.
Went to Aerith Sea thrown into the slammer for being an illegal immigrant owning a sword but released by the Evangelion kid Alvis and am now allowed to storm roam the capital.

Xenoblade apart from being horney is now also very  p o l i t i c a l   :tophat
XENO