Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3590780 times)

Svejk

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #36660 on: March 21, 2021, 01:08:35 PM »
You all talking about/playing Y's...  I only ever played the SMS one way back when.  :-[  Is there ones that are must plays and/or should start with? Or Skip?

Beezy

« Reply #36661 on: March 21, 2021, 01:29:13 PM »
Ys Origins is probably the easiest to start with. Barely any story, just 2D action rpg dungeon crawling. I think it's one of the shorter games too. So far I've played Origins, then Memories of Celceta, and then Ys 8 which is my favorite so far. I think all three are must plays. I have all the rest that have been released in English except Ys 9 (which I will cave and buy soon), but I haven't started them yet.

Bebpo

« Reply #36662 on: March 21, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »
You all talking about/playing Y's...  I only ever played the SMS one way back when.  :-[  Is there ones that are must plays and/or should start with? Or Skip?

Like Beezy said, play Origins. If you like it, play Oath in Felghana (Ys3 remake).

Then you can try Ys8 for modern 3-party Ys, but if you're ok with story-heavy I'd recommend just jumping into Ys9 and skipping 8.

Beezy

« Reply #36663 on: March 21, 2021, 02:12:34 PM »
Look at Sho Nuff's posts about Ys 8. Don't skip it.

Bebpo

« Reply #36664 on: March 21, 2021, 02:28:23 PM »
So somehow I ended up in the middle of a bunch of stuff.

The Outer Worlds - Expansion #2 - God, this is still shit. I seriously wonder if The Outer Worlds is not, buggy rpgs aside, the worst wrpg ever made. I can't think of a single wrpg I've ever played that was more boring than this. Expansion #2 is more of the same dull dialogue, dull characters, dull shallow combat, zzz loot, crappy gfx. Why am I still playing it? Idk, it's short and I am a big Obsidian fan and just speed running it is like a 2-3 session thing. Anyhow, this game went incredibly wrong for them. All the crap people give Avengers/Anthem whatever for being souless boring titles, The Outer Worlds is that in wrpg form. I feel like the only people that like this game are people so starved for another Fallout 3/NV/4 that they'll take anything that is remotely similar.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - I dropped it for a bit to finish up some DQ7 arcs and been finding it hard to get back into ~60 hours. Was in the middle of a story arc so playing a little here and there to try to at least finish up the arc (sciroshipire or something, I can't spell these shire names) so I have a clean stopping point if I want to take a break and come back later and do some more arcs. I like the game a lot, just not feeling the current arc/geography area of the map I'm on (too big and desolate). I did do the Ostara Festival, was pretty whatever but got some tattoos and gained a couple levels so eh, was ok. Definitely will skip future festival quests.

Final Fantasy XIV - So for the first time in years I found out that I missed a patch that came out last month adding a new Matsuno story relic questline with a new 24man raid dungeon and 48man savage difficulty version. Need to do this before the content is dead/empty. Next patch is April 13th, so need to jump into this soon.

Hitman III - The post-launch monthly content drops are fun. Did the elusive they're re-running on S'gail now. I'd done this one before so I knew where he was and I almost had it SOSA and then he turned right as I hit the choke button and I punched him instead and all the guards heard and I had to high tail to the exit while being shot at to complete the mission.  :-\  Still made it. The featured contracts are pretty fun. Looking forward to the deluxe escalation and easter egg at the end of the month. Still GoTY 2021.

Dragon Quest XI - Still going slowly through the JP only audio dramas from the premium Switch version. Some are good and add nice character background development, some are goofy fanservice and skippable. I liked the cast enough that I'm sticking with this.

Dragon Quest VIIr - Finished the desert past arc. Man, jobs make the game so much better. Now instead of doing crap 20-30 damage, I can fire off larger spells that do 90 damage. This really speeds up boss fights and helps. Same with dealing with all the mimics (and this game even has pot and book mimics!). The desert arc with the captured queen and the archeologist you take back in time was enjoyable. Mastered my first set of jobs, so starting on the next one and then can go into intermediate level jobs. The shepherd job at the start is pretty good with tingle to wake sleep (and sleep is major in this game because damage doesn't wake sleep up), counting sheep to sleep all enemies, wooly blanket to buff def on ice breath attacks and sheep rampage to hit all enemies. Anyhow, like 30 hours in now, game rocks.

Avengers - Got about 2 hours in the night the PS5 version launched. It looks nice enough and the cutscenes/writing/VA is good enough that I want to go through the campaign and the 2 DLC mini-campaigns. Combat seems way worse than Yakuza. No interest in the post-game GAAS stuff or the multiplayer. Just gonna do the SP campaigns and bounce.

With Monster Hunter Rise coming out on Friday, dunno if I'll pick it up. Playing enough stuff to last a couple months and MonHun is super time intensive 50-60 hour romp usually for the campaign. Might hold off and jump in later. I feel like in the last few MH games jumping in late doesn't really put you behind or anything since there's always people playing at different rank levels and hey having higher rank people in your MP maps just speeds up the kills and grind process. Honestly I'd be fine waiting for the 60fps 4k PC version if everyone I knew wasn't getting the Switch one.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #36665 on: March 21, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »
yeah the outer worlds is pretty shit once the 'its like fallout but not a technical disaster :gladbron' buzz wears off.
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36666 on: March 21, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »
Bulletstorm with Duke Nukem

This shit's so dumb I love it. Duke is basically a tourist tagging along in the campaign while everyone else is super serious.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #36667 on: March 21, 2021, 07:58:09 PM »
Why is Duke Nukem in Bulletstorm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36668 on: March 21, 2021, 08:11:45 PM »
Cause Randy could use some more money
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36669 on: March 21, 2021, 10:01:28 PM »
Why is Duke Nukem in Bulletstorm

Because Gearbox published the remaster.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #36670 on: March 22, 2021, 02:41:17 AM »
Ok, finished the 2nd expansion for The Outer Worlds. The ending was ok, the whole DLC is boring but at least you get a good/bad choice in the ending. DLC1 was also boring but the ending was alright.

One of the biggest issues with The Outer Worlds is just that it's hard to give a shit about anything when everything and every character is a joke. Like when everyone is just a gag there's never any tension, excitement, or...interest. It's just all bad window dressing for going from point A->B to knock out one quest after another and shoot anything in your way with like 3 types of guns and a melee weapon and no interesting perks.

Anyhow, it's funny how one planet is still locked as if it was meant for a 3rd expansion. Glad that this is over and done with. Hopefully the main designers/writers don't lead any future Obsidian rpgs. Coming from Pillars 1/2/Fallout NV/Tyranny to...this. Yeaaaaah. And then there's the survival crafting game.

Hopefully the 1st person Pillars universe rpg Avowed ends up not being shit like this. I love the Pillars worldlore, but none of the Pillars 1/2 writers are on this and none of the Pillars game designers are on it and gameplay is a big ??? Could be Obsidian's take on Skyrim which could be good or could be Outer Worlds.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36671 on: March 22, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »

This shit's so dumb I love it. Duke is basically a tourist tagging along in the campaign while everyone else is super serious.
(Image removed from quote.)

[close]

I love how completely nonsensical it is.  :lol

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 07:43:10 AM by bork »
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36672 on: March 22, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »
I just wrapped Ys VIII: LACRIMOSA OF DANA

Turning on the PS4 RIGHT NOW to continue Adol’s travelogue in YS IX: MONSTRUM NOX

HERE WE FUCKIN GO!

Game starts out a bit slow, but once you unlock the Monstrums abilities it picks up and becomes a total blast. The story is pretty decent for a Ys game and gameplay/level design is sublime. Soundtrack leaves a bit to be desired but this song is absolutely MASSIVE:

^_^

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36673 on: March 22, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
Getting the ability to glide. :rejoice
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #36674 on: March 22, 2021, 11:33:43 AM »
Thank you for the impressions of Outer Worlds. Was thinking about picking it up . Looks like I dodged a bullet there!
It's not that it's bad but I don't have a lot of time for gaming so I don't want to get pulled into a bad game if I can avoid it.
Might look into Ys IX though.
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36675 on: March 22, 2021, 12:30:25 PM »
Outer Worlds is fine to play for free on Gamepass. I beat it and can’t remember a single thing about it other that one of the first missions is either help the capitalists wipe out the hippie communists or help the communists destroy the capitalist power structure and the electricity goes out a bunch of people starve, except nothing really changes except the town gets darker. Woah dude, choices matter, are we the baddies?!
©@©™

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #36676 on: March 22, 2021, 12:42:04 PM »
I tried to play it but it didn't grab me at all. Same outer wilds. Both very mediocre vidya

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36677 on: March 22, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »
I was looking forward to outer worlds but it didnt grab me, boring
What

Bebpo

« Reply #36678 on: March 22, 2021, 12:54:27 PM »
I tried to play it but it didn't grab me at all. Same outer wilds. Both very mediocre vidya

Outer Wilds is really great, but it takes a bit to find your footing and get into it. You can go to one of the harder/final planets first and have no idea wtf you are doing, which is how I started.

Once you find your footing and things start to come together around midway the game is pretty amazing though I think it flubs the ending a bit. I still think about Outer Wilds now and then. Would recommend giving it another try.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #36679 on: March 22, 2021, 01:35:18 PM »
Outer Worlds is fine to play for free on Gamepass. I beat it and can’t remember a single thing about it other that one of the first missions is either help the capitalists wipe out the hippie communists or help the communists destroy the capitalist power structure and the electricity goes out a bunch of people starve, except nothing really changes except the town gets darker. Woah dude, choices matter, are we the baddies?!

I helped the communists, went back to town to kill the factory boss, after killing him, the entire town attacked me and I killed the majority of NPCs pretty easily. I stopped playing after that, nothing was gonna top how awesome that was.
OH!

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #36680 on: March 22, 2021, 02:27:08 PM »
the writing was so on the nose that it came off like they were cynically pandering to game journo demographics to me (ie it seems like it was specifically written to please Jim Sterling) :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36681 on: March 22, 2021, 08:26:01 PM »

[close]

I love how completely nonsensical it is.  :lol

This could be a genre all by itself. Duke Nukem tagging along in games he doesn't belong in. It works so well for all the wrong reasons  :doge
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #36682 on: March 22, 2021, 09:02:29 PM »
I was looking forward to outer worlds but it didnt grab me, boring

that really didnt benefit from coming out the same time as Disco either. Fuck me, the difference in quality of the writing..

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36683 on: March 22, 2021, 09:53:06 PM »
Started Undead Labs' State of Decay 2 on Xbone.

Nice to see they kept all the cool stuff and didn't fix ANY of 'dat jank. Player characters are warned about nearly everything, except basic stuff like Stamina management and needing to sleep. Ended up staying up all night and approaching a main story mission with 1/10th the usual Stamina level, and was desperately trying to fend off hordes. Apparently I'm also carrying backpacks around in my backpack, but having a partner doesn't easily lend itself to helping carry my shit.

Still: Good times.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36684 on: March 23, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »
Finished Concrete Genie because it was one of the free PS Plus games. One of the most average things I've ever played. A shame, cause I liked the Coraline-like artstyle.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36685 on: March 23, 2021, 10:58:44 AM »
Finished Concrete Genie because it was one of the free PS Plus games. One of the most average things I've ever played. A shame, cause I liked the Coraline-like artstyle.

I’m also playing that.

Yeah, it’s beautiful, and has intensely average gameplay.

Freyj

« Reply #36686 on: March 23, 2021, 11:49:35 AM »
Ok, finished the 2nd expansion for The Outer Worlds. The ending was ok, the whole DLC is boring but at least you get a good/bad choice in the ending. DLC1 was also boring but the ending was alright.

One of the biggest issues with The Outer Worlds is just that it's hard to give a shit about anything when everything and every character is a joke. Like when everyone is just a gag there's never any tension, excitement, or...interest. It's just all bad window dressing for going from point A->B to knock out one quest after another and shoot anything in your way with like 3 types of guns and a melee weapon and no interesting perks.

Anyhow, it's funny how one planet is still locked as if it was meant for a 3rd expansion. Glad that this is over and done with. Hopefully the main designers/writers don't lead any future Obsidian rpgs. Coming from Pillars 1/2/Fallout NV/Tyranny to...this. Yeaaaaah. And then there's the survival crafting game.

Hopefully the 1st person Pillars universe rpg Avowed ends up not being shit like this. I love the Pillars worldlore, but none of the Pillars 1/2 writers are on this and none of the Pillars game designers are on it and gameplay is a big ??? Could be Obsidian's take on Skyrim which could be good or could be Outer Worlds.

TOW was bad enough that I’m legitimately wary of anything that Josh Sawyer isn’t leading from Obisidian now including Avowed. At least that’ll have a better established setting than TOW, but yeah something went majorly wrong there.

Bebpo

« Reply #36687 on: March 23, 2021, 03:35:28 PM »

TOW was bad enough that I’m legitimately wary of anything that Josh Sawyer isn’t leading from Obisidian now including Avowed. At least that’ll have a better established setting than TOW, but yeah something went majorly wrong there.

Yup, at least Sawyer still leading a big AAA project there, just that it's a few years out and in the meantime we're getting Outer Worlds -> Grounded -> Avowed.

Grounded could be good, but it's not my thing and yeah I'm weary about any non-Sawyer lead projects there so who knows about Avowed. Hopefully it turns out good though. Hoping Matt Maclean is involved in Avowed since he wrote Tyranny, and was involved in writing & design with Pillars/South Park/NVN2 MoB/Alpha Protocol.

I honestly think one of the core problems with how The Outer Worlds flubbed was that they had Leonard Boyarsky & Tim Cain direct it. And while they've been working in the background as programmers and stuff over the years, neither of them had designed or directed a videogame in 15 years (since Bloodlines/Arcanum/Fallout 2 basically). Sometimes you can get someone out of the craft to come in firing on all cylinders, but sometimes you end up with people who are just out of touch and have lost the skill. Look at stuff like Shenmue III (Suzuki) compared to Bloodstained (Igarashi). It's always hit or miss when old veterans return. I think these guys just were a miss. The gameplay and everything in Outer Worlds is competent, but the direction is completely lacking.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #36688 on: March 23, 2021, 04:46:28 PM »

get them making an entry/sequel to an established IP  ;) imagine if avowed was instead an elder scrolls title a la new vegas leveraging that IP... it's where their best work is done - kotor 2, new vegas, neverwinter nights 2 and even when it's a sequel to their own work; pillars of eternity 2. sucks PoE2 kinda flopped. i hold a lot of hope for avowed though, and that honey i shrunk the kids rpg lite co-op survival game they have in the works sounds odd enough it could be great. i hope ms gets a win here and they actually manage to foster them to make good games alongside the devs they pulled in with their zenimax haul.
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36689 on: March 23, 2021, 04:51:17 PM »
Just have Obsidian do the next Elder Scrolls while Bethesda makes Starfield.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #36690 on: March 23, 2021, 04:54:07 PM »
I mean for all we know Avowed is essentially Elder Scrolls in the Pillars universe.
It's a first person magic and swords Fantasy rpg.

Would be nice if they release some more info on it soon so we have a better idea of how it actually plays. Guessing it's 2022 and Grounded full release is their 2021 project.

Sawyer game maybe is 2023...

thetylerrob

« Reply #36691 on: March 23, 2021, 05:15:11 PM »
Well... they're definitely making another Fallout game right? Seems like that would be the biggest slam dunk to come from the Microsoft-Bethesda purchase.

Bebpo

« Reply #36692 on: March 23, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »
I mean they could, yeah? But would be very far out since it wouldn't have been planned before this Bethesda purchase since Bethesda and Obsidian had some bad blood from NV.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #36693 on: March 23, 2021, 06:00:23 PM »
really obsidians fault for not bribing enough reviewers  :heh
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #36694 on: March 23, 2021, 06:02:49 PM »

World of Tanks doesn't pay well enough to finance bribes  :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36695 on: March 23, 2021, 08:34:12 PM »

World of Tanks doesn't pay well enough to finance bribes  :'(

Akshully, it makes a shit-tonne of money. Pays well, too.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #36696 on: March 24, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »
I think he's talking about the clone they made:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_Warfare

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #36697 on: March 24, 2021, 08:38:00 PM »
Getting to the end game of Horizon: zero dawn
It sorta feels like they started with the end and it's set pieces and then didn't spend nearly as much time on making the rest of the game, especially the early game, compelling.
It feels like they had a good 5-10 hour game for when the player was good at it and unlocked all the weapons and stuff. But they forgot that the game needs to be compelling the whole way through, it can't only be good after a certain point, it needs to always be good.

que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36698 on: March 24, 2021, 09:41:58 PM »
Getting to the end game of Horizon: zero dawn
It sorta feels like they started with the end and it's set pieces and then didn't spend nearly as much time on making the rest of the game, especially the early game, compelling.
It feels like they had a good 5-10 hour game for when the player was good at it and unlocked all the weapons and stuff. But they forgot that the game needs to be compelling the whole way through, it can't only be good after a certain point, it needs to always be good.

Yes, I remember being really into it for the front half of the game, but by the midpoint onward, it felt more like a slog. I'd see a particular grouping of robot animals, and felt like HEREWEGOAGAIN.gif

Bebpo

« Reply #36699 on: March 24, 2021, 11:52:09 PM »
I think he's talking about the clone they made:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_Warfare

Yeah, my bad. I just remembered they were the outsource developer for some eastern european tank MMO for a while to pay the bills.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #36700 on: March 25, 2021, 01:29:03 AM »
I'm playing DISASTER: DAY OF CRISIS and this is the dumbest fuckin thing I maybe have ever played and I love it.

At one point you're boss fighting military man on a bridge as a giant tsunami is bearing down on you, and he shoots metal slabs above you that fall down on you, but then you SHOOT the metal slabs so they BONK him on the head; after you do this three times you get in your truck and drive away, then the military man looks at the tsunami and SALUTES it as he is washed away

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #36701 on: March 25, 2021, 11:20:08 AM »
Damn, that makes me want to dust off the ol' wii.

My 14 year old is determined to do a playthrough of all the soulsbourne games ending with Demon's Souls on PS5 (if we ever manage to get one). He's not known for his patience, but he's made it through Dark Souls 3 (all endings), Dark souls 2, Bloodbourne (though he wants to go back and do the DLC), and is currently in Dark Souls. I gotta admit I'm rather impressed. But also gotta admit I'm a bit worried about Sekiro. He originally got to the point where they threw two guardian apes at you and he just put the controller down not wanting to put up with that bullshit. Sorta wonder how he's gonna get through the rest of that game when it comes.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36702 on: March 25, 2021, 11:24:21 AM »
Talking about dumb shit, still playing Duke Nukem Bulletstorm.

*cyborg dude enters elevator"

Duke: "So uh, wanna make out?"

*female character frees herself from implied alien rapist*

Duke: "Damn, that reminds me of LA"
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36703 on: March 25, 2021, 08:37:50 PM »
Played some more Xenoblade lvl 77 now, slowly grinding towards the end.
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #36704 on: March 26, 2021, 03:29:30 PM »
Think I finished Fall Guys now

Thank you mom, dad, god, and everyone else who believed in me.

Bebpo

« Reply #36705 on: March 26, 2021, 03:50:39 PM »
 :o

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36706 on: March 26, 2021, 10:17:19 PM »
Think I finished Fall Guys now

Thank you mom, dad, god, and everyone else who believed in me.
:mynicca
🤴

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #36707 on: March 27, 2021, 01:00:32 AM »
I’m double-fisting YS XI: MONSTRUM NOX on PS4 and YS ORIGINS on the Vita when I’m at the missus’s apartment. I had just wrapped Ys VIII and wow, XI is really more of the same, they’re basically reskinning everything from the last game like the raids (though I’m not complaining because everything in that game was fun as fuck). It also has very nice PS Vita-grade graphics, seriously YIKES.

I love how 9 starts with you escaping from jail and getting shot with a gun that turns you into a vampire with a double-jump and a grappling hook all within the first 5 minutes. This game wastes no time fucking around

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36708 on: March 27, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »
Xenoblade lvl 79 now. I've been playing as Melia for a while, Shulk can't even hit enemies that are 3 or 4 levels above him. Melia and Fiora can wreck lvl 85 enemies.  :ohhh :idont

I gotta say, finding a spot to level from 75 -> 80 is pretty difficult. Most enemies are either 85 or way below.
Found a bunch of lvl 72 Gogol's and lvl 76 Hoxes on Bionis Leg and a bunch of lvl 82 Gogol's in Satorl Marsh that did the trick.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36709 on: March 28, 2021, 04:12:11 PM »
Xenoblade lvl 79 now. I've been playing as Melia for a while, Shulk can't even hit enemies that are 3 or 4 levels above him. Melia and Fiora can wreck lvl 85 enemies.  :ohhh :idont

I gotta say, finding a spot to level from 75 -> 80 is pretty difficult. Most enemies are either 85 or way below.
Found a bunch of lvl 72 Gogol's and lvl 76 Hoxes on Bionis Leg and a bunch of lvl 82 Gogol's in Satorl Marsh that did the trick.

When I played Xenoblade I grinded to 100, I did so by fighting the large dinosaurs in Makna Forest...
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36710 on: March 28, 2021, 06:01:17 PM »

When I played Xenoblade I grinded to 100, I did so by fighting the large dinosaurs in Makna Forest...
Yeah now at lvl 82 and leveling is going nice again.
It's really that lvl ~70 that's difficult where you're not strong enough for the lvl 80 enemies but everything below 70 doesn't give you enough XP.

Found the High Entia Emblem now mopping up the secret rooms.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36711 on: March 28, 2021, 09:48:51 PM »
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Beat it, used Duran/Riesz/Charlotte so I fought the Dark Dragon. I think there's a bug in the Collection of Mana version - it never switches to "Sacrifice Part III" halfway through the fight, which is my favorite song in the game. Gonna go through and watch the intros for the other 5 characters now and then call it a day with the game. Next year I'll try the remake with the 3 other characters I didn't use.

The Ultimate DOOM - Now finished with the first 3 episodes, I went back and found/beat the secret levels too. Now playing through the 4th episode - Thy Flesh Consumed, and just finished the secret level there. So I'm at E4M3. The levels in this episode are pretty obnoxious, lots of Hell Beasts appearing in precarious positions with very little chance for you to interact, and even some platforming across gaps too. E4M2 was a real pain in the ass and I'll admit to save scumming a bit to get by (though tbf when I "save scum" I will save after I get a key, or clear out a room of enemies, basically save the game at points where I'd logically have a checkpoint in other FPS games.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 08:12:52 AM by tiesto »
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #36712 on: March 29, 2021, 11:55:29 AM »
Still on Xenoblade 2 and it's very slow going. This game is a serious slow burn. I just saw the play at Uraya (sp?). This game. I would've loved it at an earlier part of my life when I wouldn't have had much else to play, but right now I have a huge backlog and don't really have the time to sink into this like it wants and it certainly doesn't respect the player's time.

I picked up my FFIV:DS again. I'm at the Iron Giant. It's nice how difficult this is. It can actually be a challenge, which is more than I can say for many iterations of this game.

Now that I have my RG351p (which is great btw) I need to prioritize the games that I want to play on it:
- Refinish Final Fantasies (I-II, V, VI, VII-IX)
- Finish the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre Series
- Refinish Suikoden I and II

I'm sorta leaning to Ogre Battle first, but let's see.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36713 on: March 29, 2021, 07:49:28 PM »
Some of you might remember how much I enjoy the RTS, Dominations, it turns out they made a clash royale clone , Arcane Showdown that is much better than the original.

I’ve been playing it for the past five or six weeks, lamenting that I did not hear about it sooner, because big huge games has been bad about promoting it. I was shocked at how good it is, and that I hadn’t heard more about it. This morning, I woke up to a game announcement that they will be shuttering the operation at the end of May. I am unreasonably bummed about this. The in-game clan are all good peeps who are supportive and friendly, and they are all dumbstruck that they won’t have this game to play any longer.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #36714 on: March 29, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
I'm about halfway through Wolfenstein: The New Order, and damn this game is much better than I expected. Some really cool levels and set-pieces, and the b-movie script is very self-aware and enjoyable. Its about time I had an all-American nazi ass kicker back on my vidya screen. Not sure they needed the scene of the dude porking the chick though, lol. The easy achievements flow like wine, which is awesome

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #36715 on: March 29, 2021, 09:12:02 PM »
BBW sex and representation is always appreciated. Stop body shaming
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #36716 on: March 29, 2021, 09:14:13 PM »

Is BJ Blazkowicz a BBW? Hes a big dude lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #36717 on: March 29, 2021, 09:23:39 PM »
Some of you might remember how much I enjoy the RTS, Dominations, it turns out they made a clash royale clone , Arcane Showdown that is much better than the original.

I’ve been playing it for the past five or six weeks, lamenting that I did not hear about it sooner, because big huge games has been bad about promoting it. I was shocked at how good it is, and that I hadn’t heard more about it. This morning, I woke up to a game announcement that they will be shuttering the operation at the end of May. I am unreasonably bummed about this. The in-game clan are all good peeps who are supportive and friendly, and they are all dumbstruck that they won’t have this game to play any longer.
I've been a fan of Brian Reynolds post-Civilization II (plus Rise of Nations) and I hadn't even noticed this game either. I thought they were just sitting on that DomiNations money.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36718 on: March 29, 2021, 10:11:57 PM »
Yes, Rise of Nations was a great evolution of the format. When I found out they had a free to play RTS (Dominations), I jumped on it. I can’t even remember how I found out about arcane showdown, but it was definitely not through there main website, community, or anything else that you would think they could have leveraged.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36719 on: March 30, 2021, 03:13:24 AM »

Is BJ Blazkowicz a BBW? Hes a big dude lol
I think demi is referring to the second game New Colossus, which has this scene: