Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558935 times)

kingv

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #32460 on: January 14, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »
I felt the same way about it. Would still like a more fully developed sequel though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32461 on: January 14, 2019, 06:08:05 PM »
Oh yeah, absolutely. I grabbed it for $20, so it feels about right for what the game is. A fleshed-out sequel would definitely get my attention.
dog

kingv

« Reply #32462 on: January 14, 2019, 07:49:03 PM »
I really enjoyed some of the goofier moments in the game and feel like a longer one could have more.

Some of my favorites were conversation options in the hostess mini game. The names of the drinks in the bartender game are great too... even if the mini game itself kind of sucks.

Probably the worst parts are some of the plot fetch quests. There is one sort of near the end that is really bad where you have to get some stuff for the car.

Edit: also they missed some opportunities with maki g some really cool set pieces in Cassandra. It’s like “oh cool I’m going to Cassandra!” And then you get there and it’s just like this small courtyard in front of the prison.

At least you still get to do one of the more iconic fights.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32463 on: January 15, 2019, 06:56:25 AM »
Finished GRIS last week or so, was gonna start Yakuza 0 but my controller’s adapter broke so I gotta replace it asap. Once I’ve done that I’ll also 100% GRIS.
How was GRIS?
Gorgeous, beautiful, an absolute treat.

I highly recommend it, it’s straight out therapeutic.

winik

« Reply #32464 on: January 15, 2019, 06:10:24 PM »
I just finished playing galerians ash. I remember being really interested in the galerian games as a kid, I have no clue why. And just now I played them. They're... interesting at least, the first one had some bullshit bosses tho, the second too. Whoever programmed the parano fight needed to be kicked in the dick. I wonder how many weird games like this existed in the ps1/ps2 era. Im gonna try out koudelka next.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32465 on: January 15, 2019, 06:22:04 PM »
I just finished playing galerians ash. I remember being really interested in the galerian games as a kid, I have no clue why. And just now I played them. They're... interesting at least, the first one had some bullshit bosses tho, the second too. Whoever programmed the parano fight needed to be kicked in the dick. I wonder how many weird games like this existed in the ps1/ps2 era. Im gonna try out koudelka next.

That's a name from the past... never played it but vaguely remember seeing some stuff on it in a magazine. It's a survival horror game, right?
^_^

winik

« Reply #32466 on: January 15, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »

That's a name from the past... never played it but vaguely remember seeing some stuff on it in a magazine. It's a survival horror game, right?

Yeah the first plays like one but it’s more a sci fi story. That’s one of the reason why the bosses can be hard as fuck because you’re stuck with tank controls while bosses can zip all over. One in particular took me hours to get past because you had to dodge attacks. So imagine resident evil except the zombies fly and have homing rockets. The second one drops that at least. But the story was cool, crazy megalomaniacal AIs are always my jam.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #32467 on: January 15, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »
I need to find a copy of Galerians. I have Ash, and its a direct sequel (maybe?) so I dont want to play it...

Koudelka is neat. Its actually the first Shadow Hearts, as there are characters that appear or are referenced in the actual Shadow Hearts title. Might even be considered a prequel.
fat

winik

« Reply #32468 on: January 16, 2019, 07:45:56 PM »
I need to find a copy of Galerians. I have Ash, and its a direct sequel (maybe?) so I dont want to play it...

Koudelka is neat. Its actually the first Shadow Hearts, as there are characters that appear or are referenced in the actual Shadow Hearts title. Might even be considered a prequel.

yeah its a direct sequel, so direct that the ending boss of galerians is redone as the first boss of ash. Koudelka being a prequel is the main reason I want to play it. I loved shadow hearts, the creepy atmosphere was so unique I was disappointed the series became even more campy. Even if I do like giant pussy.

Bebpo

« Reply #32469 on: January 17, 2019, 01:27:03 AM »
Uh, I played a lot of Hollow Knight  :lol

Great game, definitely extremely dark souls inspired. For some reason I find the treks over and over again to bosses kinda tedious whereas I don't mind it at all in DS. Maybe because in DS you can usually just speedrun and avoid every enemy and get back in like 30-60 seconds whereas I feel here it takes a couple mins each time and sometimes a couple annoying enemies in your path you can't really avoid.

But the exploration is fantastic, art is great, combat is pretty good for 2d. I like the boss fights so far and the upgrades and the writing.

I wish the map was a little better since even putting your own markers down it's hard to remember what they stand for (I'm trying to keep consistent), but I guess it goes hand in hand that by making the mapping more work there's a greater sense of exploration. Tracking down the map guy each new area is high priority along with a bench and avoiding any boss fights if I can until I've at least got those two in an area.

I am also having the worst luck ever at finding the fast travel spots in new areas. I'll spend like 30-40 mins and explore them out, fight bosses, get benches, get new powers and somehow miss wherever the fast travel spot is and not finding any signage when I do. Like I've done Crossroads, Green area, Fungus, City of Tears to a point (beat Soul Master which was a paaaaain in butt fight just because he's got a ton of HP and I didn't expect part 2 and died on it first when I pulled my map out after the crash down  :'( ), The cliffs in the upper left, crystals in the upper right and sewers below City of Tears.

I just spent the last 90 mins doing the Crystal Peaks and never finding a fast travel spot but finding the connector back to the village so thought maybe it doesn't have one and that's it. Then I checked out the sewers and spent the rest of the 90 mins exploring them out and never finding a fast travel spot there either. I found the arena and figured there must be a fast travel spot near it but couldn't find one and just ended up in a new part of City of Tears and got to King's Station. When I went to the station at king's station and it was broken and didn't work after being 90 mins since the last fast travel spot (and therefore 90 mins since last time I banked any of my souls at Queen Station) I was pretty  :maf but then I thought maybe there's a working one as well so I went up and found the working one and banked my souls and saved and was good for the night.

Fast travel is big for me because when I find what looks like boss rooms I like to go back and bank all my souls so there's no risk. I mean yeah I can just keep dying/getting my souls back during the fight until I eventually beat it (had to do that with Soul Master, so between the 2-3 min run from the nearest bench and maybe 5-6 tries to take him down that was like 30+ mins; hate the fucking teleport guys on the way), but sometimes I fight a boss and I'm like "nah, I'm good" and figure I'll come back later when I'm stronger. I beat some decently challenging boss in the first area after a few tries and found out it was optional and all I got was a piece of mask.

Anyhow, this map is freaking huge. Lots of stuff to do and lots of secrets. I'm still at just +1 with my weapon (blacksmith says I need some type of ore for +2) and I should probably buy that fragile strength charm that increases strength as well. I haven't sold any of my books stuff to the guy in City of Tears because I'm not sure if I'll need it and I haven't been hard up for money yet. Bought the lantern, the small key, a few charm notches, handful of charms, and still doing ok. I figure if I get to the point where I suddenly need like 3,000-4,000 I'll go sell all my book stuff.

Right now I have lantern, flight, ground break, wall jump, dash abilities and looking around at places I can't get to it looks like I'm missing a double jump for areas too high, a way to be in acid water without instant dying, a way to break hard stone statues blocking things and a way to get past that damn wall of black beam in the gas place to the upper left of queen's station. Can't get a map there because I can't get past the black beam yet. I've still got a bunch of bosses left to fight in different spots and like half of this rightmost area of City of Tears to explore so I'll find the stuff. Game feels very non-linear, which is good but also can get kinda lost.

I do wish there were more fast travel stations though. Some of the game feels a bit re-running through the same areas over and over while exploring because fast travel spots are far between and not necessarily near where you want to go when you get a new ability and are going back to an old area. I get that Souls is sorta similar but Souls is actually a lot more player friendly, there's fast travel bonfires after every boss kill and really plenty of them. Souls would be like every bench in Hollow Knight being a fast travel spot. This is definitely more tedious than Souls (which is actually a pretty player friendly series imo).

Bebpo

« Reply #32470 on: January 17, 2019, 09:55:48 PM »
Been sick in bed playing Hollow Knight more on Switch. I feel like I’m pretty far! Got the double jump (broken vessel was tough, dodging when all the shit is coming from the ground I could never get down consistent and sometimes the spawning blobs would fuck me when trying to dodge the boss), got the upgraded shadow slam move (not sure if this has an exploration use or is just more damage? I figured with the shadow aspect it’d go through the black bars in fog land but no dice), got the dream nail and a pale ore so weapon is at +2 now. Picked up fragile strength so running at +3 and over halfway to 100 essence to upgrade the dream nail already. Unlocked the dreamer locations on the map and stag station in resting grounds. Also crossroads is infected and everything hits for like 2 hp these days.

Next up gonna finish out exploring the cliff side in the upper left, then finish exploring the city of tears (dreamer fight) and sewers.

Really like the game. In fact I feel like it’s going to be hard to play some of the other metroidvanias in my backlog like Monsterboy and Guacamelee 2 because the bar’s been pushed really high by Hollow Knight. Even with all the hype game is living up to it.

Anyhow, is there any reason not to sell all the historical journals and stuff to the guy that buys them in city of tears? Because I can probably get like 4,000-8,000 geo if I sold it and that’d let me buy a few more helpful things like skill slots.

Bebpo

« Reply #32471 on: January 18, 2019, 02:42:06 AM »
Ok, read up that you can sell your sellables. Got like 7,000 geo, got another 2 pale ore and upgraded my nail to +3, got almost all the charms, fought a bunch of warrior dreams for essence, got to godhome accidently and did the first boss rush and almost beat it but died  :'( went back to the bank and the f***ker ran off with all my money :(

Game is a lot more tense now without a bank! Luckily I haven't ever died twice in a row and lost my money (raised on souls games, play pretty carefully), but running around with 1,000s of geo is intense.

I looked around the wiki a bit and I think I've done just about everything I can at this point before starting to take on the 3 dreamer bosses. Got to the save in the watchers spire before the first fight and called it a night. Will try the fight tomorrow.

Bebpo

« Reply #32472 on: January 18, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »
Do not play it with wiki :(

Eh, when I play souls games I go in blind until I get about 75% through and I'm just running around cleaning up picking up secrets and hidden areas and things I've missed. Then I use the wikis to find all the shit I'm missing before taking on the final areas/bosses.

Like I found out my bank person is at the pleasure house in the city of tears with all my money they stole.
But I also don't have a simple key for it.
Because I found the godseeker from the godhome dlc first and unlocked godhome with a simple key.
And now I won't be able to get my money back from the bank person until I get to the coliseum of fools.
Which is pretty much endgame content area.
So there goes all my money lol

I'm glad to know that.

Also it's fun reading about the DLC stuff since I'm already accessing some of it. Also some of the post-game stuff. Game also includes some crazy ass maso stuff that I'm not even gonna attempt like that 52 boss rush Pantheon or the Steel Soul no deaths mode lol. I don't know who actually enjoys that stuff but I guess there are some hardcore folks who play games.

Bebpo

« Reply #32473 on: January 18, 2019, 05:03:19 AM »
Actually nm, ended up exploring out Kingdom’s End and got to the coliseum and got the last simple key and quick nail charm. Have so many charms at this point haha. Map is so massive. I easily lose 2-3 hours exploring around a new area.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #32474 on: January 18, 2019, 07:28:27 AM »
wow if only someone out there made a fallout 4 mmo
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #32475 on: January 18, 2019, 12:03:17 PM »
Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (SNES)

Good god, the hit detection is shit.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32476 on: January 18, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »
Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand (SNES)

Good god, the hit detection is shit.

Definitely the worst entry in the series, spotty hit detection and a forgettable soundtrack. Have you played Dawn of Ys?
^_^

Himu

« Reply #32477 on: January 18, 2019, 12:55:16 PM »
Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle

-----------------------------------

Final Fight - All time classic
Captain Commando - Below average
Battle Circuit - Quirky and experimental, very fun
ARMORED WARRIORS - HOLY FUCK BALLS

Armored Warriors is DOPE.

The music.

The animations

The art and portraits

This game is pure unadultered PIFF.

I mostly got this collection for Final Fight and had low expectations for the rest since there was no AVP, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs;etc. but Armored Warriors is a beautiful, wonderful surprise of arcade awesome.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #32478 on: January 18, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
Real talk I haven't played a beat em up this good in a long time.

I'm gonna have to try to 1cc this game. It's the real deal. With a JLF movement is smooth as butter.
IYKYK

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #32479 on: January 18, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
I haven't played much of Armored Wars yet on that collection.  I've been more into Warriors of Fate, especially as a kung fu movie nerd.

Final Fight is still a lot of fun, but I usually end up playing the Sega CD version more often.  Love that remixed soundtrack.

Himu

« Reply #32480 on: January 18, 2019, 01:22:54 PM »
Haven't played Warriors of Fate yet but I have a big interest since it's Three Kingdoms.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #32481 on: January 18, 2019, 02:24:23 PM »
Definitely the worst entry in the series, spotty hit detection and a forgettable soundtrack. Have you played Dawn of Ys?
And bad bosses. :yuck

I decided to skip Dawn of Ys because it looked too similar to I+II.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32482 on: January 18, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »
And bad bosses. :yuck

I decided to skip Dawn of Ys because it looked too similar to I+II.

Dawn of Ys is awesome if you don't mind the bump-to-attack mechanics. Great soundtrack and cinematics, its the best of all the Ys 4 games and the best oldskool game in the series.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #32483 on: January 18, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »
Real talk I haven't played a beat em up this good in a long time.

I'm gonna have to try to 1cc this game. It's the real deal. With a JLF movement is smooth as butter.

Been real tempted to pick up this bundle. Wish it had Shadows over Mystara. But never played Armored Warriors, so guess I'll grab it.

Is the switch version any good? Portable is a big plus.

Himu

« Reply #32484 on: January 18, 2019, 05:10:57 PM »
Don’t know how Switch version is. Mystara is on steam and why it’s not in the collection likely.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #32485 on: January 18, 2019, 09:02:34 PM »
Man, I tried going back to Monster Hunter World after not having touched it for a year and after been playing MHGU and ugh, I got spoiled by GU on switch giving you a billion dollars in currency and items because it gives you all the DLC. Whereas my GU character has good solid early G-rank armor and entry G-rank weapon and I can just jump into whatever, my World character is at the end of HR and still rocking half low rank armors upgraded ~mid-high rank gear and my weapon is just sorta ok (not too much I don't even remember how to play Hammer), I have no money at all and can't even afford upgrading my armor parts and I can't make anything because everything is a grind to make.

I unlocked Nergigante in the main story and almost beat him in a 40 minute battle solo even though he was 2-shotting me (got him limping but none of my traps worked on him for some reason?). And then did it 4p and beat him pretty quick with a team doing most of the work. Not sure where I am in the main story quest at this point but I'm supposed to go find and fight the elder dragons.

I think to get back on track I'd need to grind out a ton of fights to get $$$ and get parts and make a high end HR armor set and upgrade the pieces so I have solid defense. Maybe just grind Nergigante with 4p teams and make a Nergigante armor set? Idk. Probably need to do that, and upgrade my hammer and learn how to play hammer again.

I thought I could just jump on and make a nice longsword at the strength tier of my current stuff and switch over to longsword since that's what I'm playing in GU, but in World do you seriously have to build a weapon at the start of their upgrade tree and make each individual upgrade instead of just making a weapon down the line like you can do in GU? That seems tedious af.

Ehh, I'd like to finish the MSQ and get geared up a bit before the expansion hits, but feels like I'm in a bad spot with my build and would need to just grind a bunch. Probably won't bother for now. Could restart and do it much better on PC with a longsword build now that I know what I'm doing but I really don't want to replay like 30 hours of content again.

Bebpo

« Reply #32486 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49:30 AM »
Only played a little Hollow Knight tonight but did the Watcher Knight's which at first seemed really fucking hard and too random with multiple guys spinning horizontal and vertical bounces at the same time. Then somehow beat them spamming the down+A magic descending dive. Got all pumped for the dreamer/watcher big boss only to find out they're not bosses lol, explains why the knights boss was so hard before it. Went and did the first tournament at the coliseum of fools. Beat it on my first try but went on a whiiiiile. Since I'm really not into endurance gaming I doubt I'll beat the last one and since it has the last pale ore I guess I won't be getting the final nail upgrade -_-

Anyhow obviously I need to explore some more because beating the Watcher Knights didn't give me any new abilities and I can't get to the other two because I need the shade cloak to even start making progress in those areas but I haven't found the shade cloak? So I guess I'll keep exploring. Once I find the cloak I think the rest of the game will fall into place exploration-wise. Somehow I just missed that and it's kept me from a chunk of the areas in my progression (everything from the gas caves onwards to the left).

Bebpo

« Reply #32487 on: January 19, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
Hollow Knight - Hmmm, finished exploring out Kingdom's End and fought Hornet and got the King's Mark to open a door...somewhere?

Honestly, no idea where to go now  :lol I feel like I've pretty much explored out all of the map I can access prior to the shade cloak which I'm still missing. Can't really think of a any locked doors left to use the King's Mark. Went to the old palace, to the trams (still need the tram pass), to the door under the coliseum, hmmmm. Will try the King statue in city of tears I guess? Otherwise at this point I'm just like either running through the entire map for a couple hours trying to find some place new or I should just wiki where the heck I'm supposed to go next. Unless the King's Mark opening a door leads to the Shade Cloak, I must've missed something obvious along the way that's keeping me from the cloak and the rest of the areas...

Bebpo

« Reply #32488 on: January 19, 2019, 03:13:43 PM »
nm, found the abyss, got my shade cloak wooooo. Started working through the fog canyon to the second watcher/dreamer.

« Reply #32489 on: January 19, 2019, 03:51:45 PM »
God of War (2018) - Holy shit is this game gorgeous. Really liking the lack of toxic masculinity bullshit that permeated the old games.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32490 on: January 19, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »
God of War (2018) - Holy shit is this game gorgeous. Really liking the lack of toxic masculinity bullshit that permeated the old games.

:gddr5 :drudge
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32491 on: January 19, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Kratos always seemed extremely pissed off for no good reason.
Sure your wife is dead, you want revenge. But if you're still slamming the brains out of the level 1 scrubs near the end game or kick boxes as though you're trying to break them you got some serious mental issues.
🤴

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #32492 on: January 20, 2019, 03:35:23 AM »
Travis Strikes Again

:huh This is a fucking SUDA game. Like...of course it isn't well-reviewed. It's fun so far.

Warhammer 4K Inquisitor: Martyr

:win Not bad. Definitely has flaws and I understand why it got such mixed reviews but I am enjoying this quite a bit. Love blowing shit up and there is a lot of content if you enjoy the gameplay loop. Lots of customization options as well.

Diablo 3 Diablo 1 gimmick

:beli this shit ain't Diablo 1. Modern Blizzard couldn't make a game like Diablo though. Still it's fun enough and a cool little tribute.
reckt

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #32493 on: January 20, 2019, 03:39:08 AM »

PSX was where shit like this thrived. The first Galerians is dope, especially after watching Scanners. Some of those bosses are indeed bullshit tho.

I hope you enjoy Koudelka. It's very...different.
reckt

Svejk

« Reply #32494 on: January 20, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »
Nearing the end of RE7...  Been going full VR and dayum.... is this game turning out to be such a classic RE experience!  The maps, inventory management, puzzle solving, unlocking backtrack shortcuts, jump scares, crazy bosses, and deeper story (than just escaping creepy house), bigger and better weapons....  Speaking of weapons, aiming is simply the best, hands down.  Its so fucking accurate and realistic that it makes stick aiming seem so archaic and clumsy.  It's a shame that RE2 won't have VR support.

Beat Astrobot. What a gem of a game!  Those last lava levels give a nice Mario-esque vibe to them.  The level designs are so damn brilliant in this game.  Only problem is that I simply wish the campaign was longer.  Still got about 5 bots I missed that I'll need to go back for and a few chameleons too.  Please, Sony.... Please make a sequel for PSFif !!!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32495 on: January 20, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
Just bought one of my favorite point & click adventure games on Steam, didn't even know this shit was on Steam!

Liftbot " I don't suppose you were ever a military man? woman? Thing? nah silly of me let's keep it simple. I goes up, I goes down"

PIECES OF ELEVEN AAWK

:lol

Damn I love this game
What

Bebpo

« Reply #32496 on: January 20, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »
Yeah, loved that game as a kid.

paprikastaude

« Reply #32497 on: January 20, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »
Maybe 5 minutes of edgy kitsch cutscenes in the entirety of GoW1 > hours of pretentious babble in Dad of War
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:29:30 PM by Spieler1 »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #32498 on: January 20, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »
Played through the ghost hotel in Celeste, pretty good, but whoever was saying the chat bubbles didn’t match is very right.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #32499 on: January 20, 2019, 03:04:14 PM »
So I was sorta waffling on Divinity 2 it juat didnt grab me... well, until

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I met one of the Seven gods and come to find out all the playable characters are avatars for the Seven and they're at odds with eachother. Tir-Cendelius is fucking terrifying too.

[close]

Its at this point where I was like yep, I'm all fucking in.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:28:22 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #32500 on: January 20, 2019, 06:56:16 PM »
Travis Strikes Again

:huh This is a fucking SUDA game. Like...of course it isn't well-reviewed. It's fun so far.

Warhammer 4K Inquisitor: Martyr

:win Not bad. Definitely has flaws and I understand why it got such mixed reviews but I am enjoying this quite a bit. Love blowing shit up and there is a lot of content if you enjoy the gameplay loop. Lots of customization options as well.

Diablo 3 Diablo 1 gimmick

:beli this shit ain't Diablo 1. Modern Blizzard couldn't make a game like Diablo though. Still it's fun enough and a cool little tribute.

In a way, blizzard never did make the original two Diablo games. They were a different company, and blizzard bought them.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32501 on: January 20, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »
blizzard north :rejoice :fbm

kingv

« Reply #32502 on: January 21, 2019, 12:14:04 AM »
So I was sorta waffling on Divinity 2 it juat didnt grab me... well, until

I met one of the Seven gods and come to find out all the playable characters are avatars for the Seven and they're at odds with eachother. Tir-Cendelius is fucking terrifying too.

[close]

Its at this point where I was like yep, I'm all fucking in.

I’ve been playing this too. I think I’m just about to leave the island.

I’m liking it so far but I wish the game had a way to like tooltip over status effects to figure out what they do during combat.

As a result, I’m looking at guides a lot.... also realizing that I’m missing a ton of quests and shit. Could be good or bad, not sure. I know I’m about to leave reapers at about 5 hours, and something makes me think that is quicker than usual.

I’m playing on explorer mode and I’m surprised how tough it is. I’ve died a number of times already.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #32503 on: January 21, 2019, 01:12:53 PM »
Continuing through Celeste. A little bit past getting knocked off the mountain. As someone currently pushing through some depression I have decided I better see this one through :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #32504 on: January 21, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »
Beat Celeste, some nice intuitive platforming with enough challenge to be interesting

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32505 on: January 21, 2019, 04:02:09 PM »
fo76 is like 6 euro's on cdkeys now tho

noone wants it
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #32506 on: January 21, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »
Tales of Vespiria - straight to save file loading after a loss?   :beli

Svejk

« Reply #32507 on: January 22, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »
Just reached the final area in RE7.  Damn, this game is so good! Getting locked and loaded with my hoarding of weapons and ready go full commando on whatever awaits.  (Was 1 Antique Coin short of getting the Mag  :-\ ) I'm not wanting this game to end...  Next to Witcher 3 and Deus Ex: MD, I'm gonna need to get the DLC, because I want to play more of whatever I can of it!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32508 on: January 22, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
Just reached the final area in RE7.  Damn, this game is so good! Getting locked and loaded with my hoarding of weapons and ready go full commando on whatever awaits. 

;)
[close]
©@©™

« Reply #32509 on: January 22, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
My wife and I had been telling our kid about Katamari lately, so we hooked up the PS3 and started playing Katamari Forever with her last night.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32510 on: January 22, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »
At least there's no TOXIC MASCULINITY in that   :fabulous
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #32511 on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »
Almost done with Death's Gambit. Yeah, outside of one boss fight it was just passable.
que

Himu

« Reply #32512 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »
In between the usual fighting game grind which is ramping up because of competition, I bought Killer 7 HD and I’m already almost halfway done with it. Playing on Deadly mode and it’s fantastic as I remember it in story and gameplay.

Got my crt set up with component cables and a remote now so I can finally go full retro. I’ve decided to do something that’ll break my heart in the end, but I haven’t done it in over ten years and that’s replay the Suikoden games. I’m starting with V and playing in timeline order. IV doesn’t exist. This series makes me so emotional in how much I love it and just replaying V in component has made me so happy even though the game isn’t the best looker.

Also started story mode in MK9 so I can be caught up on the story in time for 11. I really like it. Set to easy so I can just mindlessly go through it for the story, though.
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32513 on: January 22, 2019, 11:17:10 PM »
In between the usual fighting game grind which is ramping up because of competition, I bought Killer 7 HD and I’m already almost halfway done with it. Playing on Deadly mode and it’s fantastic as I remember it in story and gameplay.

Got my crt set up with component cables and a remote now so I can finally go full retro. I’ve decided to do something that’ll break my heart in the end, but I haven’t done it in over ten years and that’s replay the Suikoden games. I’m starting with V and playing in timeline order. IV doesn’t exist. This series makes me so emotional in how much I love it and just replaying V in component has made me so happy even though the game isn’t the best looker.

Also started story mode in MK9 so I can be caught up on the story in time for 11. I really like it. Set to easy so I can just mindlessly go through it for the story, though.

Does Tierkreis exist in your timeline?  8)
^_^

Himu

« Reply #32514 on: January 22, 2019, 11:20:50 PM »
Fuck no. This is the only story where I care about canon and I don’t consider Tierkries canon.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32515 on: January 24, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
I haven't played all of those but Salt & Sanctuary is really fuckin good

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32516 on: January 24, 2019, 09:32:18 AM »
The Surge - Pretty bland overall, not really that fun or interesting
Lords of the Fallen - A bit janky but pretty fun

Haven't played the other two.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #32517 on: January 24, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »
You could buy something else instead. Lots of choices out there
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32518 on: January 24, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »
The Surge - Pretty bland overall, not really that fun or interesting
That's a bummer actually, I was planning on picking that up next. This is probably a sign I should just get on to Witcher 3 already

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #32519 on: January 24, 2019, 11:12:49 AM »
Borys, haven't you not played the first 2 Witchers yet? You should do that!
^_^