Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558808 times)

kingv

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #33540 on: September 23, 2019, 01:43:43 PM »
There’s a lot of good stuff in Arkham knight that’s set back by some weird design decisions.

The riddler rooms are bad.

Any of the car puzzles are also pretty bad.

Driving the car is pretty fun.

Tank fights are ultra repetitive by the end of the game.

The lack of boss fights is it’s main sin though. All of the major conflicts are resolved via cutscene.

kingv

« Reply #33541 on: September 23, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »
And the season pass was.... terrible.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #33542 on: September 23, 2019, 03:13:30 PM »
I have a soft spot for the extra villains they added to the campaign, but as usual for the arkham games, basically all the dlc sucks unless you really like the challenge rooms.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33543 on: September 23, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
I hated the car parts so much, I was getting near the end and you have that long ass driving mission and I simply said fuck it and stopped playing.

The riddler rooms start out fun, but when there's so many of them and then some locked behind some pre-order bullshit that really annoyed me. literally locking a trophy/achievement behind a character paywall.

I'm playing D2 at the moment getting ready for shadowkeep grind for hopefully a 24 hour clear of the new raid, want a jacket and the emblem you get :)

Bebpo

« Reply #33544 on: September 23, 2019, 07:04:53 PM »
So Layers of Fear was really boring. Like it's a walking sim where not much happens and it's mostly just room to room to jump scare you zzz
I also got about halfway through Blair Witch and it was really boring too.

Both games had great art direction.

Not sure if I should bother trying Observer. I don't think I like Blooper's game design style.

BisMarckie

« Reply #33545 on: September 23, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
Been having a total blast with Arkham Knight.  Not sure why folks hated on the Batmobile parts, but I'm enjoying them just as much as the Battie parts.  (It's Sega CD Batman Returns driving mixed with PS1 Ghost in the Shell!)  I don't see it being forced upon you anymore than his other tools in order to progress the game.  Playing this, I feel like my 11 year old self again!  :preach  :aweshum

Playing Arkham Asylum for the first time after having it sit in my backlog for close to a decade. Playing the XBOX One version btw and I really like it. Combat, even though it’s mashy feels really satisfying and it still looks good for a last gen remaster. But like almost every AAA game, I would like it better if it were a bit shorter.

Svejk

« Reply #33546 on: September 23, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
Yeah, I don't need any game for that matter to be longer than 10 hours, tbph. Lol

Not sure if I should bother trying Observer. I don't think I like Blooper's game design style.
I didn't play Layers of Fear, but I got Observer because of the whole Cyberpunkish theme.  Was hoping to get some Snatcher-esque vibes from it... Although the story was ok I thought, it had more loud, obnoxious jump scares.  Felt cheap in that aspect.  RIP, Rutger Hauer.   :(

kingv

« Reply #33547 on: September 24, 2019, 12:02:49 AM »
I have a soft spot for the extra villains they added to the campaign, but as usual for the arkham games, basically all the dlc sucks unless you really like the challenge rooms.

They added extra villains to the campaign as dlc? I don’t remember that... unless your talking about the side story where it’s like robin and bar girl at a carnival or something like that.

Those fucking car race courses though. What a waste of development time.

I think there was like some dumb robin or nightwing mission that was like maybe 30 minutes  long and really simple.

Bebpo

« Reply #33548 on: September 24, 2019, 11:52:33 PM »
Beat Streets of Rage 2 for the first time just now. Have played it before, but never owned a Genesis so never sat down to actually try to beat it. Damn that was awesome. After beating it went right back in and played some more. I've beat the first few stages with all 4 characters now to get a feel for them all. I did my main playthrough as Axel, that F,F+P burning fist uppercut is so satisfying when it connects and slowly bashes through enemies.

The combat was good (though I wish you could juggle after jump kicks float enemies), and the enemies and bosses were great. I was surprised in the last few stages that the bosses weren't way harder than some of the earlier bosses. Mr. X and Shiva didn't even seem like they had more HP than earlier bosses. The bosses that gave me the most trouble was the Abobo ripoff wrestler and the Punchout Mr. Bear boxer guy. Spinning Shura ninja claw guy, and...

The jetpack guy was always a pain in the ass for the entire game and they throw a lot of them at you. I feel like I need to watch a strategy guide for how you're supposed to fight this fucker because in the end the only safe route I found was basically jump kicking him when he dashes across but doing 1 jump kick at a time damage takes forever and it would always just kill the pacing whenever he showed up and I cleared everyone else and then was jump kicking around on him.

The backgrounds were AWESOME, really liked the variety in stages like the baseball stadium secret base, the disneyland park, robo factory, etc...

Music was pretty good. Played on a genesis pad on the mini and it felt really good with the button layout and a good d-pad.

What I really like about Streets of Rage 2 is how balanced it is. Like there are apples and turkeys everywhere and weapons and money and you get extra lives with the points so as long as you can hang on you can usually refill your hp. The special attacks are also good and helpful for things like getting grabbed. I definitely would like to watch a good Axel strategy video because I feel like there's room for good strategies for each enemy type and situation. None of the bosses are total HP grinds, everything is constantly fun.

Definitely lived up to its reputation as the king of the beat em up genre. How does SoR1 & 3 hold up in comparison?

It's interesting playing this less than a week after I played through Fight N' Rage which is essentially one big homage/ripoff of SoR2. The combat in that has the juggles I want, but the enemies there aren't as fun to fight as SoR2, the bosses especially aren't as good, and the stages don't feel as well balanced in terms of HP items and stuff. I think I'm also kinda sour on Fight N' Rage because before you get to the final island areas there are I guess 3 branching ways to get there? A TMNT surfing stage which looked cool, something else, and a shitty raft in the sewers. I got the last one and that raft stage was fucking terrible and made me dislike the game more than I should. Was just tons of annoying enemies in a raft where you can easily fall off with your own moves or getting hit and take a lot of damage and then a boss fight on that raft as well. Bleh.

bluemax

« Reply #33549 on: September 25, 2019, 12:03:27 AM »
really didn't like the look (or anything) of the first game. second game had a shit story, but it could pull off the look properly and it was dumb fun gameplaywise.

I hated how the over world looked like a budget Square Enix game.
NO

Svejk

« Reply #33550 on: September 25, 2019, 12:07:30 AM »
The jetpack guy was always a pain in the ass for the entire game and they throw a lot of them at you. I feel like I need to watch a strategy guide for how you're supposed to fight this fucker because in the end the only safe route I found was basically jump kicking him when he dashes across but doing 1 jump kick at a time damage takes forever and it would always just kill the pacing whenever he showed up and I cleared everyone else and then was jump kicking around on him..
With the jetpack guy, using Axel, do the straight up jump kick (don't press in a direction).  Seems to pop him easily in mid air or when he's dashing.  Has a good AOE.  Not sure if any other way that's easier or quicker.

Bebpo

« Reply #33551 on: September 25, 2019, 12:31:01 AM »
Also the other thing that was fun about Streets of Rage 2 was all the videogame references. Like Joe & Duck King from Fatal Fury are in this (I checked and Fatal Fury was 91 and this 92, so I'm guessing this was a nod to that and not the other way around), the boxer from Punchout, etc...all good stuff.

The jetpack guy was always a pain in the ass for the entire game and they throw a lot of them at you. I feel like I need to watch a strategy guide for how you're supposed to fight this fucker because in the end the only safe route I found was basically jump kicking him when he dashes across but doing 1 jump kick at a time damage takes forever and it would always just kill the pacing whenever he showed up and I cleared everyone else and then was jump kicking around on him..
With the jetpack guy, using Axel, do the straight up jump kick (don't press in a direction).  Seems to pop him easily in mid air or when he's dashing.  Has a good AOE.  Not sure if any other way that's easier or quicker.

Yeah, I was trying to do that but he moves around a lot and then I jump up and he's gone :(

Himu

« Reply #33552 on: September 25, 2019, 12:50:52 AM »
Streets of Rage 1 is good. 3 is bad. It was rebalanced for USA  and one of those cases where rebalance isnso different from the Japanese version it becomes near unplayable. Have never played bare knuckle 3 tho
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #33553 on: September 25, 2019, 01:05:36 AM »
I just tried 1, 3 and Remake. 1 seems too simplistic and the graphics look really weak. The first stage went on pretty long and not much combat variety. 3 was weird. The music was WTF, the speed is so much faster that it throws me off, but I do like that you can dash and roll up & down now. Remake seems really cool and you can adjust a million things but I wonder if I can adjust the base speed because it's set on 3's speed and not sure if I want something that fast paced coming off 2's combat.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #33554 on: September 25, 2019, 01:07:42 AM »
Some people like the err... progressive soundtrack of SOR3 but I can't deal with it. it's kind of aggressively hostile sounding. I also think a lot of the stages are really obnoxious. The mine-cart train one, the night club, etc are all visually and mechanically noisy.

I like the system changes and Zan though but virtually everything else about it  :yuck

Bebpo

« Reply #33555 on: September 25, 2019, 01:37:23 AM »
Yeah I read some review that was positive on Zan. I think I'll try a run of SoR3 (JP) w/Zan and see if I stick with it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33556 on: September 25, 2019, 01:58:34 AM »
You can adjust everything in SoR Remake V5.1 or whatevs, it's so damn good.

What

Bebpo

« Reply #33557 on: September 25, 2019, 03:12:16 AM »
Ok, started a SoR3 jp run with Zan on easy since everyone says it’s real hard. Zan’s ff blitz attack dash is so good. Especially with some star upgrades I can basically just dash back and forth taking out everyone. Was doing good on my first life with two stars until the dumb construction truck in stage 3 with concrete walls you have to break. Lost some lives there.

Enjoying it alright, it’s no SoR2 but I guess it’s ok. The boss fights and enemies all seem worse though.

Svejk

« Reply #33558 on: September 25, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »
The only reason SOR1 still holds a candle, is that the OST is some of Yuzo's finest. 

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #33559 on: September 25, 2019, 09:58:36 AM »

I usually do the other jump attack (jump towards, then press down + attack).  Works pretty well but will take a while.  Jet is definitely a pain in the ass no matter what.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #33560 on: September 25, 2019, 09:59:26 AM »
The only reason SOR1 still holds a candle, is that the OST is some of Yuzo's finest.

I still have a soft spot for it because of Adam.  It is too long of a game though.  After stage 6 it's kind of a grind.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33561 on: September 25, 2019, 10:58:39 AM »
Adam is better than Skate, Max or that Zandar dude or whatever his name is mr electric grandpa
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #33562 on: September 25, 2019, 11:07:59 AM »
SoR3 sucks, but I'll try Bare Knuckle 3 on MD Mini :leon

Svejk

« Reply #33563 on: September 25, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
SoR3 sucks, but I'll try Bare Knuckle 3 on MD Mini :leon
The color palette swap for SoR3 was by far the worst possible color combinations for Axel and Blaze.   :yuck. Seriously... WhyTF

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33564 on: September 25, 2019, 06:29:26 PM »
I cant stop playing Void Bastards - its actually too good. Dropped $7 on the DLC to support the devs.

Currently doing an "Ironman" run on "Hard Bastard" difficulty - which is really tough, even while abusing the ability to save-scum to an extent.

Can't believe no one here has played this!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #33565 on: September 26, 2019, 09:36:25 AM »
I have it downloaded but haven't started it yet. Gamepass got me with choice paralysis  :notlikethis :notlikethis :notlikethis

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33566 on: September 26, 2019, 12:56:50 PM »
Really enjoying AI: The Somnium Files, the new game from the makers of the Zero Escape series. It seems like more of a VN/Adventure game with less emphasis on puzzles and navigating divergent timelines this time, although there is still some of that. I've played for about 4 hours and only had one divergent path and two brief puzzle sections. It's still super weeb af though, no worries about that.
©@©™

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #33567 on: September 26, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »
Finished Doki Doki Literature Club. Shit what a trip. Yo I got triggered too, dating someone
spoiler (click to show/hide)
with depression who threatens self harm is THE WORRRRRRST
[close]

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33568 on: September 26, 2019, 09:46:14 PM »
I have it downloaded but haven't started it yet. Gamepass got me with choice paralysis  :notlikethis :notlikethis :notlikethis

Yeah I'm drowning in shit to play too! Started Bloodstained and Gears but just cant put down the Void Bastards!!

Bebpo

« Reply #33569 on: September 26, 2019, 10:22:39 PM »
Yeah, I played like 5-10 mins of Void Bastards and had no idea what was going on and bailed. I need to give it proper time.

Really enjoying AI: The Somnium Files, the new game from the makers of the Zero Escape series. It seems like more of a VN/Adventure game with less emphasis on puzzles and navigating divergent timelines this time, although there is still some of that. I've played for about 4 hours and only had one divergent path and two brief puzzle sections. It's still super weeb af though, no worries about that.

I just wish he wasn't stuck on low budget 3d. I still feel 999 holds up the best of that trilogy just thanks to being 2d and smooth. Jank 3d turns me off of his stuff these days.

Bebpo

« Reply #33570 on: September 27, 2019, 02:31:54 AM »
Finished 13 Sentinels Prologue: Aegis Rim - Took me about 3 hours. Game is very, very cool and most interesting game I've played in a while. Can't wait for the full game.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33571 on: September 27, 2019, 11:14:24 PM »
Yeah, I played like 5-10 mins of Void Bastards and had no idea what was going on and bailed. I need to give it proper time.

Yeah the game is unusual, and the tutorial elements are obtuse by design. It probably takes about an hour or so to fully grok the gameplay loop. Once you do though, hoo boy. I think it's a near perfect game, in that it completely nails its intentions.

I just finished an Ironman run on 'Hard Bastard' difficulty and unlocked a ton of achievements. I did quit before dying on a few occasions (some deaths can be cheap) but the mode is still pretty tough. Definitely the way the game is meant to be played.

Svejk

« Reply #33572 on: September 29, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »
About half way through Arkham Knight I believe.  Still really enjoying it, even though some of the challenges are tough.  Every so often after getting some upgrades, That 2nd or 3rd firefighter rescue by the clocktower keeps kicking my ass hard.  WTH, Is this some end game shit?  Most other battles aren't too tough.  Got one more key left for the Riddler/Catwoman branch, and finished the Pyg guy and Two-Face branches.  Getting a better hang of the flow of the game.  I'm so use to Mordor where you mostly just take on battles ground level.  I'm starting to get use to the hit and dip approach with grates and grapple points.  Also using disruptors and hacking prior to jumping in a fight feels awesome.  I'm actually enjoying the batmobile more and more as well, as I'm getting the driving down pat.  I can rip through the streets cutting corners like a champ now.  Shit feels good.  The tank parts are still fun and getting a better hang of it too.  So far so good.

Svejk

« Reply #33573 on: September 29, 2019, 09:18:25 PM »
Black Desert (PS4) added Lahn and Ninja classes.  Sucked me right back in... just to make another character because reasons.   So, I made a Dark Knight and Lahn class. 
Needless to say... my palette seems narrowed down:doge
My Lahn and Dark Knight characters...
My Lahn

My Dark Knight

[close]

One big gripe about this game is having classes locked to specific characters.  I would much prefer the ol' one character, choose what class you want based on weapons and whatnot.  Having to start from lvl 1 and do the campaign missions over again per character is a Pain in the ass.  And for the most part, I still don't know what I'm doing in this game...  All I know, is that my characters are damn beautiful.  :-*

Bebpo

« Reply #33574 on: September 30, 2019, 12:35:48 AM »
Spent 2 hours fighting this piece of shit boss in The Surge. He recovers his health, summons up to 4 times (!!! max he did for me then I died !!!) one other boss (PAX) and can 2-hit you. I've tried different mod setups dozens of times and finally got incredibly lucky and managed to kill him before he summoned the other boss for the 2nd time. Still do not understand how it happened ??? I didn't stunlock him even with this slow-ass weapon.

Playing as Havel (as you can see here) with the heaviest weapon + armor was really... not the best way for this encounter. Glad it's over. Now I'm in the Executive Forum and can upgrade my weapons/ armor to the maximum, 5th level. Hopefully I am getting close to the end because this game gets on my nerves... it gets harder the further you are which is unlike other Souls games.

It's a shame this sounds bad because graphically/art direction that looks really nice and I'd be super down for a sci-fi themed Souls game.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #33575 on: September 30, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »
Beat a play through of Dead Cells. Such a good game, especially as a handheld game

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33576 on: September 30, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »
y but on switch no castlevania mod

What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33577 on: September 30, 2019, 06:30:04 PM »
I'm in the middle of a ton of games now, keep starting them but barely have any time to finish:

Trails of Cold Steel II - STILL playing this. The "final" dungeon was absolutely ridiculous in its length, really challenging boss fights, and that final boss rush was so obnoxious, then I had a crash near the end of it and had to restart. Then I had a small additional chapter and now I'm on the "epilogue" chapter. So hopefully this one goes by pretty quick. I started off loving the game but it's really wearing me down due to its length and possibly the most drawn-out obnoxious endgame I've ever gone through in an RPG. About 105 hours in.

Untitled Goose Game - started playing and it's really funny, but there are some parts where the AI is kind of annoying and tricky to deal with. I just made it to the beer garden area.

Zelda: Link's Awakening remix - found a copy of the Dreamer Edition and played for a bit, just beat the first 2 dungeons. I thought the frame drops when transitioning areas was more barely-noticeable nitpicking from those types who can tell when a game has a 100ms input lag or is running at 1000p instead of 1080p... but no it's pretty distracting for me, but not too bad. I just hope more games are done in this style.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - beat the desert area, and man that was frustrating. Enemies that poison, enemies that slow, enemies that send you flying across the screen... luckily a bit of grinding and some new armor options that became available really helped.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - wanted to knock out a ton of this on the flight to Italy, but the 3DS power gave out and I was flying back on the oldest Alitalia plane still in their fleet, and it didn't even have a charger or anything (nor did the in-flight movies work and the in-flight map kept crashing). So I just got to stage 2-4. I love the animations and the puzzle solving aspect, wish the game wasn't split up into sub-stages but one long stage. It's annoying missing a hidden Boo and having to replay a stage.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - finished the World of Light back upon release, but now trying to get > 1000 spirits and complete the classic mode for every character... I think I have about 960 spirits and 40 chars done so far.

Lumines Remastered - didn't realize this got a Limited Run for Switch... loved the PSP original and it gave me pangs of nostalgia hearing all those songs again... Made it to level 94, which is slightly further than I made it in the original... maybe I'll finally clear 100, I just choked on the penultimate song.

The Messenger - I really need to pick this back up, kinda just abandoned it after I got to the 16 bit part. The music kinda sucks and that's like a grave sin for a 2D indie game.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #33578 on: September 30, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »
Going through classic Genesis games now that the retro bug his bitten. Just going alphabetical. Tried Alex Kidd and it's too old/dated/not for me. But started playing

Alien Storm and I don't remember playing this in the arcade, but apparently it was. Pretty simple Golden Axe sci-fi beat-em-up, but the first person light gun shooting sections at the end of most stages are really cool and impressive for 1990! I also enjoy the horizontal shmup sections at the end of other levels. I did one run on normal and only made it to like stage 4 of 9 or 10 as the Ripley gal with the flamethrower, but started a second run on easy with the Michael Jackson robot and doing a lot better. Hoping to make it to the end.

I read up on some background on the game because that's half the fun with these old games and watched some of the arcade version and damn, visually it's so much better with the aliens starting as people morphing into aliens and cutscenes and other cool stuff. I guess I could track it down and play on mame but at this point I'm good with just finishing it on Genesis.

It's weird, I'm usually anti-retro/nostalgia and pretty critical of games, but playing some of the really old stuff like this and Streets of Rage 1 there's something therapeutic & enjoyable about old game design. Can really get in the zone.

Bebpo

« Reply #33579 on: October 01, 2019, 12:02:21 AM »
Last stage of Alien Storm is kinda annoying and I liked the game less in the end. The game is a bit too repetitive and 1p it's too hard to not take damage on some of the bits like the first person stuff. I skimmed through an arcade run with 3p and yeah in multiplayer the game seems fun as hell. The first person bits with 3 people blasting everyone looks really fun. As a single player game, it's ok. Moving on to the next retro game...

paprikastaude

« Reply #33580 on: October 02, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »
I went back to daily sessions of Rayman Legends online. Back during its very first release I already thought it was a smart way to implement online into a platformer game and it's still good. Game has GOAT platformer controls, which makes it a joy to even play randomly generated levels each day - unlike most randomly generated indie platformers.

Svejk

« Reply #33581 on: October 04, 2019, 10:54:03 AM »
Ironically, I'm on the final Riddler Batmobile track... Motherfucker.. That 3rd lap can suck my asshole.  After I get past it tonight, I'm making myself a drank.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33582 on: October 04, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
Alright, i'm finally done with Division 2.
This Gear Score nonsense is absurd; i should put on absolutely shit gear, just to get the little number up, so that i can replay old content with a new coat of paint?  :lol

I'll give Destiny 2 a whirl, maybe.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33583 on: October 04, 2019, 12:46:46 PM »
As far as I heard it's a superior game to the first

but then again I found the first game boring as hell

Might have nice atmosphere but the beginning part fucking is a bore
What

kingv

« Reply #33584 on: October 04, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »
My save file on Arkham Knight is like 98%, with only the remaining Riddler shit to trigger the boss battle and I'm never, ever going to finish it. They're aggressively and intentionally :rage inducing to the point of being completely unfun.

I guess you will never see the true ending then

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33585 on: October 04, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
Ok so I'll either play SMT III Nocturne and try to once and for all try to get out of that Ikebukero Prison I'm stuck in forever.. and stream it

Or go hard in on SMTIV and play more of that, I just made it to Tokyo and Im loving this game

what say ye
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33586 on: October 04, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
I watched it on Youtube, because of those fucking Tank side missions.

Bebpo

« Reply #33587 on: October 04, 2019, 09:01:39 PM »
Running NG+ in The Surge for the Platinum. Will need to run NG++ as well, eh.

It's really a fantastic title; I wanted to share some pictures because the art/ atmosphere in this game are very well done.

This room... was really fucked up... took me by total surprise. You hear about it for about 20 hours before arriving there and are constantly trying to get there. Once you reach it... ha......... surprise, surprise motherfucker. There's a twist.
(Image removed from quote.)

I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly considering The Surge 2 now even though the game lost all of its atmosphere and writers (there are no writers credited for TS2).

Wait, I thought you were disliking this as a bad/boring Souls where it feels like you're stuck playing a slow ass Havel build.

So it was good after all? I trust your opinions on souls games. Also play Code Vein and let me know if it's worth playing.
I still gotta play Nioh ^^;

Bebpo

« Reply #33588 on: October 05, 2019, 12:24:55 AM »
Haha, yeah I haven't seen any impressions at all of Code Vein. So it's really bad?

bluemax

« Reply #33589 on: October 05, 2019, 12:53:06 AM »
My save file on Arkham Knight is like 98%, with only the remaining Riddler shit to trigger the boss battle and I'm never, ever going to finish it. They're aggressively and intentionally :rage inducing to the point of being completely unfun.

Arkham Asylum was the only Batman game I got all the Riddler shit in. They just got so much more awful with each game.
NO

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33590 on: October 05, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
Haha, yeah I haven't seen any impressions at all of Code Vein. So it's really bad?

Nah, it's not bad. It's slow to start, but hit its stride after a few hours. Got a lot of good customization and being able to change classes basically on the fly is pretty cool. Some of the early locations are a bit generic, but the Anor Lando ripoff area is actually really cool. Unless you really like animu, though, you should probably wait for it to go on sale.
dog

Freyj

« Reply #33591 on: October 05, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »
The impressions I’ve seen of Code Vein are that the combat is a serviceable Souls clone and the Class change system thing is neat but the level design is linear and uninspired as fuck which would make sense coming from Bandai Namco makers of the “Tales of” Japanese video games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33592 on: October 05, 2019, 02:09:33 PM »
Ok so I'll either play SMT III Nocturne and try to once and for all try to get out of that Ikebukero Prison I'm stuck in forever.. and stream it

Or go hard in on SMTIV and play more of that, I just made it to Tokyo and Im loving this game

what say ye

So I played through some more SMT Nocturne and FUCK YES I finally got out of that damn Ikebukero Prison.. man what a labyrinth. I streamed my gameplay ^_^

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/490251422

But now I still don't know where to go  :lol I also forgot a lot about how to play the game -_-
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33593 on: October 05, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
The impressions I’ve seen of Code Vein are that the combat is a serviceable Souls clone and the Class change system thing is neat but the level design is linear and uninspired as fuck which would make sense coming from Bandai Namco makers of the “Tales of” Japanese video games.

The older Tales games had some fairly decent puzzle based dungeons but after Vesperia I think they got much more dull and linear.
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #33594 on: October 05, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »

I guess you will never see the true ending then

I sure won't :hmph
Yeah, eff that noise.  Backlog takes higher priority when I can still get my Bats fill and watch the true ending on YouTube.
Which I probably still won't do either.
[close]
After 10 or so times trying that stupid final Riddler Batmobile track last weekend, sure enough, did it my first try last night. :dead
Got past the Cloudburst part.  Tbph, so far, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the Batmobile/tank parts.  I'd love to see a GITS PS1 remake in this form.  Man, that game was tits on a stick.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33595 on: October 05, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
Been streaming that Blair Witch game for a friend. It's been awful so far and even people that like the game say the second half is even worse. :)

Bebpo

« Reply #33596 on: October 05, 2019, 05:46:09 PM »
Been streaming that Blair Witch game for a friend. It's been awful so far and even people that like the game say the second half is even worse. :)

Yup. Edge just gave it a 4 and that sounds about right.
I played it with a gal on our 4th or 5th date and then we split. The game being boring as hell probably didn't help.

I was like 3 hours in? I think I'm just gonna youtube the ending out of curiousity.

My favorite part of the game is getting turned around and then walking back to where I came from.
^^ that was sarcasm

A compass would've been nice tbh, but so would a non-boring game.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #33597 on: October 05, 2019, 07:04:57 PM »
Yeah I gave it a shot, terrrrible game and I'd like to think I have a high tolerance for jank

Bebpo

« Reply #33598 on: October 06, 2019, 01:50:54 AM »
The craziest thing about it is they're like OK MAKE AN OFFICIAL BLAIR WITCH GAME and they make it a

MILITARY WAR PTSD WALKING SIM
[close]

Like wat. That would work in a Silent Hill game, but it feels so out of place when people want

spooky ass blair witch occult shit in a forest, not some war flashbacks game
[close]

Then again maybe the concept of "running around lost in a forest until you end up in a corner hiding from the blair witch" doesn't actually work as a compelling videogame. Not sure how I would make that work. You add monsters and it becomes dumb, you don't have enemies and it's a boring walking sim, etc...

Shuri

« Reply #33599 on: October 06, 2019, 06:05:22 AM »
I’m enjoying Call Of Duty mobile way too much. I would get a switch to play at lunch time at work if it came out for
It.

I just ignore the mtx stuff.