Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 1550129 times)

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #35340 on: October 04, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »
My save file on Arkham Knight is like 98%, with only the remaining Riddler shit to trigger the boss battle and I'm never, ever going to finish it. They're aggressively and intentionally :rage inducing to the point of being completely unfun.

Don Rumata

« Reply #35341 on: October 04, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
Alright, i'm finally done with Division 2.
This Gear Score nonsense is absurd; i should put on absolutely shit gear, just to get the little number up, so that i can replay old content with a new coat of paint?  :lol

I'll give Destiny 2 a whirl, maybe.

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
« Reply #35342 on: October 04, 2019, 11:30:28 AM »
Running NG+ in The Surge for the Platinum. Will need to run NG++ as well, eh.

It's really a fantastic title; I wanted to share some pictures because the art/ atmosphere in this game are very well done.

This room... was really fucked up... took me by total surprise. You hear about it for about 20 hours before arriving there and are constantly trying to get there. Once you reach it... ha......... surprise, surprise motherfucker. There's a twist.

I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly considering The Surge 2 now even though the game lost all of its atmosphere and writers (there are no writers credited for TS2).

MMaRsu

« Reply #35343 on: October 04, 2019, 12:46:46 PM »
As far as I heard it's a superior game to the first

but then again I found the first game boring as hell

Might have nice atmosphere but the beginning part fucking is a bore

kingv

« Reply #35344 on: October 04, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »
My save file on Arkham Knight is like 98%, with only the remaining Riddler shit to trigger the boss battle and I'm never, ever going to finish it. They're aggressively and intentionally :rage inducing to the point of being completely unfun.

I guess you will never see the true ending then

MMaRsu

« Reply #35345 on: October 04, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
Ok so I'll either play SMT III Nocturne and try to once and for all try to get out of that Ikebukero Prison I'm stuck in forever.. and stream it

Or go hard in on SMTIV and play more of that, I just made it to Tokyo and Im loving this game

what say ye

Stro

« Reply #35346 on: October 04, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »

I sure won't :hmph

Don Rumata

« Reply #35347 on: October 04, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
I watched it on Youtube, because of those fucking Tank side missions.

Bebpo

« Reply #35348 on: October 04, 2019, 09:01:39 PM »
Running NG+ in The Surge for the Platinum. Will need to run NG++ as well, eh.

It's really a fantastic title; I wanted to share some pictures because the art/ atmosphere in this game are very well done.

This room... was really fucked up... took me by total surprise. You hear about it for about 20 hours before arriving there and are constantly trying to get there. Once you reach it... ha......... surprise, surprise motherfucker. There's a twist.
(Image removed from quote.)

I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly considering The Surge 2 now even though the game lost all of its atmosphere and writers (there are no writers credited for TS2).

Wait, I thought you were disliking this as a bad/boring Souls where it feels like you're stuck playing a slow ass Havel build.

So it was good after all? I trust your opinions on souls games. Also play Code Vein and let me know if it's worth playing.
I still gotta play Nioh ^^;

Borys

« Reply #35349 on: October 05, 2019, 12:04:25 AM »
My opinion on the game evolved, the beginnig is pretty bad (Abandoned Factory) but then you dig deeper into the factory complex, you discover some real shit going on beneath the surface and it gets way more interesting.

Mechanically you unlock some pretty good mods, upgrade your stuff, find better weapons, get new "skills" like in Metroid to open locked paths (Drone, Security Rig) etc. What I mean it gets more interesting to play from a gameplay perspective - even if sticking to Havel build because reasons. For what it is worth I had to change my arms (to a light build) and weapon (to heavy and not super heavy) one for the final boss :/ Still took me 2.5 hours to kill.

It plays pretty great after the first 4 or so hours (after the first boss).

I've revised my score of two Soulsborne games after some thought:

- Remnant: From the Ashes from 9/10 to 6/10 (it's boring.... :cry gunplay = awesome, rest = meh (except bosses))
- The Surge from 6/10 to 8/10 (awesome!)

The Surge was free on PSN in April so maybe it will become free somewhere else for you Beps. Heavily recommend it. It's a great mix of Dead Space + System Shock + Soulsborne.

Oh and it does not feature fast travel so backtracking (tons) is a thing here.

I am not buying/ warezing/ playing Code Vein. It's trash from what I saw on Twitch.
I am also not buying The Surge 2.......................................................yet. I may buy it *after* Elden Ring for that sci-fi Souls hunger I will have by then.

Bebpo

« Reply #35350 on: October 05, 2019, 12:24:55 AM »
Haha, yeah I haven't seen any impressions at all of Code Vein. So it's really bad?

bluemax

« Reply #35351 on: October 05, 2019, 12:53:06 AM »

Arkham Asylum was the only Batman game I got all the Riddler shit in. They just got so much more awful with each game.
NO

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35352 on: October 05, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
Haha, yeah I haven't seen any impressions at all of Code Vein. So it's really bad?

Nah, it's not bad. It's slow to start, but hit its stride after a few hours. Got a lot of good customization and being able to change classes basically on the fly is pretty cool. Some of the early locations are a bit generic, but the Anor Lando ripoff area is actually really cool. Unless you really like animu, though, you should probably wait for it to go on sale.
dog

Freyj

« Reply #35353 on: October 05, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »
The impressions Iíve seen of Code Vein are that the combat is a serviceable Souls clone and the Class change system thing is neat but the level design is linear and uninspired as fuck which would make sense coming from Bandai Namco makers of the ďTales ofĒ Japanese video games.

MMaRsu

« Reply #35354 on: October 05, 2019, 02:09:33 PM »
Ok so I'll either play SMT III Nocturne and try to once and for all try to get out of that Ikebukero Prison I'm stuck in forever.. and stream it

Or go hard in on SMTIV and play more of that, I just made it to Tokyo and Im loving this game

what say ye

So I played through some more SMT Nocturne and FUCK YES I finally got out of that damn Ikebukero Prison.. man what a labyrinth. I streamed my gameplay ^_^

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/490251422

But now I still don't know where to go  :lol I also forgot a lot about how to play the game -_-

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #35355 on: October 05, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
The impressions Iíve seen of Code Vein are that the combat is a serviceable Souls clone and the Class change system thing is neat but the level design is linear and uninspired as fuck which would make sense coming from Bandai Namco makers of the ďTales ofĒ Japanese video games.

The older Tales games had some fairly decent puzzle based dungeons but after Vesperia I think they got much more dull and linear.
HOUSE

Svejk

« Reply #35356 on: October 05, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »

I sure won't :hmph
Yeah, eff that noise.  Backlog takes higher priority when I can still get my Bats fill and watch the true ending on YouTube.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which I probably still won't do either.
[close]
After 10 or so times trying that stupid final Riddler Batmobile track last weekend, sure enough, did it my first try last night. :dead
Got past the Cloudburst part.  Tbph, so far, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the Batmobile/tank parts.  I'd love to see a GITS PS1 remake in this form.  Man, that game was tits on a stick.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #35357 on: October 05, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
Been streaming that Blair Witch game for a friend. It's been awful so far and even people that like the game say the second half is even worse. :)

Bebpo

« Reply #35358 on: October 05, 2019, 05:46:09 PM »
Been streaming that Blair Witch game for a friend. It's been awful so far and even people that like the game say the second half is even worse. :)

Yup. Edge just gave it a 4 and that sounds about right.
I played it with a gal on our 4th or 5th date and then we split. The game being boring as hell probably didn't help.

I was like 3 hours in? I think I'm just gonna youtube the ending out of curiousity.

My favorite part of the game is getting turned around and then walking back to where I came from.
^^ that was sarcasm

A compass would've been nice tbh, but so would a non-boring game.

The Sceneman

• got the hat on
« Reply #35359 on: October 05, 2019, 07:04:57 PM »
Yeah I gave it a shot, terrrrible game and I'd like to think I have a high tolerance for jank

Bebpo

« Reply #35360 on: October 06, 2019, 01:50:54 AM »
The craziest thing about it is they're like OK MAKE AN OFFICIAL BLAIR WITCH GAME and they make it a

MILITARY WAR PTSD WALKING SIM
[close]

Like wat. That would work in a Silent Hill game, but it feels so out of place when people want

spooky ass blair witch occult shit in a forest, not some war flashbacks game
[close]

Then again maybe the concept of "running around lost in a forest until you end up in a corner hiding from the blair witch" doesn't actually work as a compelling videogame. Not sure how I would make that work. You add monsters and it becomes dumb, you don't have enemies and it's a boring walking sim, etc...

Shuri

« Reply #35361 on: October 06, 2019, 06:05:22 AM »
Iím enjoying Call Of Duty mobile way too much. I would get a switch to play at lunch time at work if it came out for
It.

I just ignore the mtx stuff.

Borys

« Reply #35362 on: October 06, 2019, 09:25:09 AM »
Platinumed The Surge in NG++. As I was playing blind through NG0 I made one, tiny, wrong decision (did not understand the consequences) thus not earning a trophy --> had to replay 75% of the game in NG++ just to get back to that point :(

My 9th Souls platinum:

- Demon's Souls
- Dark Souls 1
- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Nioh
- Remant: From The Ashes
- The Surge

Time to continue Batman: Arkham Asylum on the magnificent Epic Games Store :bow

:piss MMaRsu :piss2

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35363 on: October 06, 2019, 10:10:38 AM »
My 9th Souls platinum:

- Demon's Souls
- Dark Souls 1
- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne
- Nioh
- The Surge

Borys pls, Batman is a metroidvania not a Souls game.  :wag
©@©ô

Borys

« Reply #35364 on: October 06, 2019, 11:00:44 AM »
I know, I know, Batman is unrelated to the post above.

Should I play Batman or continue Policenauts, hmm?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #35365 on: October 06, 2019, 11:17:43 AM »
Been playing some of that Gears of War: Ultimate.

Was thinking to myself: "Wait, did the original also play this crappy? Were the enemies always this bullet-spongy?"
So I installed the original since it's on the gamepass as well.
Still a fantastic game.
HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A GAME THATS ALREADY BEEN MADE!?

MMaRsu

« Reply #35366 on: October 06, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »
Platinumed The Surge in NG++. As I was playing blind through NG0 I made one, tiny, wrong decision (did not understand the consequences) thus not earning a trophy --> had to replay 75% of the game in NG++ just to get back to that point :(

My 9th Souls platinum:

- Demon's Souls
- Dark Souls 1
- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne
- Nioh
- The Surge

Dafuq?

I'm so happy for you you get to enjoy one of the finest games, on the worst platforms of all time, about 10 years later than everybody else. I hope your cloud saves just don't dissapear out of nowhere. Or does it even have cloud saves?  :lol

Not sure why you are so happy supporting a store that is trying it's hardest to fragment the PC platform and get people away from Steam, while offering zero incentives for consumers to actually use their platform. Aside from giving away games that are ages old and I'd rather buy than get for free from their fortnite money.

I'd rather have bought a fucking free copy for you of these Batman games, worth probably not more than 10 euro's all three together, than you supposedly being happy to use this garbage ass store.

Cmon Borys. Stop talking BS because the pedo in the van is giving out free candies. I also hope your account doesn't get compromized because their security is as leaky as a sieve.

I'm glad you're enjoying Batman but to act like EGS is the best shit ever because they gave away some old ass games is just stupid af.

kingv

« Reply #35367 on: October 06, 2019, 11:23:34 AM »
Agree with mmarsu that Steam is bad for the industry.

If you love vidya please only use gamer-friendly stores like Epic, Microsoft, or kinguin.

Borys

« Reply #35368 on: October 06, 2019, 01:29:09 PM »
:lol

I posted bait and you not only took it but choked on it. Come on man did Tim Sweeney fuck your wife or something? I have no problem with Steam nor with EGS; while you act like an anti-EGS crusader 7 fucking months after the store launched.

Here's a tip: EGS is here to stay. Better get used to it, mang!

MMaRsu

« Reply #35369 on: October 06, 2019, 01:46:29 PM »
:lol

I posted bait and you not only took it but choked on it. Come on man did Tim Sweeney fuck your wife or something? I have no problem with Steam nor with EGS; while you act like an anti-EGS crusader 7 fucking months after the store launched.

Here's a tip: EGS is here to stay. Better get used to it, mang!

Hard to know when someone is serious these days.

The only reason EGS is here to stay is because of Fortnite and them throwing so much money to counter Steam, that's honestly the ONLY thing that's working for them. That is how desperate they are.

It offers zero benefits to the consumer (besides some old free games they throw out to gain more users). It holds games ransom as to say hey do you like that game why don't you come in here and play it you won't find it anywhere else ( because we bought out the competition )!

That kind of shitty mentality of "competition" is something I will have zero part of.

Tim Sweeney hasn't fucked my wife, but I can't take his dumb lying hypocritical ass seriously and will have nothing to do with his garbage ass platform.
First calling out MS for their store not being "open" enough, calling PC players mostly pirates during the console hayday with Gears, constantly lying about Steam being the monopoly of the PC market and Epic Games being the savior of the indie market? Give me a fucking break.

If he'd just come out and say hey listen we want to build headway into the PC store market, we want to take a part of Steams proverbial pie I'd have more respect for him than this lying bullshit he comes out with. But nah, he comes out with garbage instead, lies and hypocracy.

Fuck that guy and fuck his shitty store.

But still love ya Borys, you're a badass. I respect your crazy ways.

Nintex

• Unindicted co-conspirator
« Reply #35370 on: October 06, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
Been playing some of that Gears of War: Ultimate.

Was thinking to myself: "Wait, did the original also play this crappy? Were the enemies always this bullet-spongy?"
So I installed the original since it's on the gamepass as well.
Still a fantastic game.
HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A GAME THATS ALREADY BEEN MADE!?

Because Microsoft Studios can't produce a fun pong remake even if their lives depended on it  :lol

They simply don't understand what made Gears of War interesting and popular.
Which is why they lighten it up and put Fisher Price robots in Gears 4 and 5.
To the point that Marcus Phoenix has a conversation about the fertility of his dead wife with the female President in Gears 5.

On that backdrop it's easy to see how they would fuck-up a single remake.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:13:46 PM by Nintex »
god

Spieler1

« Reply #35371 on: October 06, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
Felt like trying a round of Shadow Dancer today and ended up playing like 5 until I beat it :fbm I think this was the first time I finished the final stage, those last two rooms are such a bitch. Only beat it on level 1 though - but since that one's default, I view it as normal diffuclty  :doge It's hard to go back to RoS after Shinobi 3, but SD has the benefit of having a different gameplay loop you can't get out of 3.

Freyj

« Reply #35372 on: October 06, 2019, 07:05:44 PM »
In more The Surge news Iíve been playing 2 and enjoying it a lot despite not having ever played The Surge 1. Where Code Veinís levels looked like your typical modern JRPG linear snorefest The Surge 2ís are multi layered and interconnected in ways that only the best Souls levels are. Only a few hours in and the story is nonsense and supposedly much worse than 1 but donít cur good gaem.

Spieler1

« Reply #35373 on: October 06, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
Felt like trying a round of Shadow Dancer today and ended up playing like 5 until I beat it :fbm I think this was the first time I finished the final stage, those last two rooms are such a bitch. Only beat it on level 1 though - but since that one's default, I view it as normal diffuclty  :doge It's hard to go back to RoS after Shinobi 3, but SD has the benefit of having a different gameplay loop you can't get out of 3.

Couldn't stop playing this shit :goty2 Now finished on mid-difficulty. The last rooms and final boss are still the pace killer though, fuck them. Thank god the higher difficulty gives you more retries.

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #35374 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »
DQ Builders 2 I went back to try and wrap up the main story and good lord the 3rd main island is such a fkn slog. I am right before the last island I guess, but no idea how long I have left. Honestly there were bits to Moonbrooke I liked, it could have been trimmed by 1/3 or more though. May be a while before I pick it up again.

Was worried it would kill my desire to play DQXI, but jumped on that for a bit and it seems fine although looks a bit less impressive/muddier than I remember from the initial few hours of the demo.
Aka

bluemax

« Reply #35375 on: October 07, 2019, 03:08:39 AM »
DQ Builders 2 I went back to try and wrap up the main story and good lord the 3rd main island is such a fkn slog. I am right before the last island I guess, but no idea how long I have left. Honestly there were bits to Moonbrooke I liked, it could have been trimmed by 1/3 or more though. May be a while before I pick it up again.

Was worried it would kill my desire to play DQXI, but jumped on that for a bit and it seems fine although looks a bit less impressive/muddier than I remember from the initial few hours of the demo.

The final island is a LOT shorter than Moonbroke. It's pretty linear and has almost no exploration to it. I agree that Moonbrooke turns into a slog, and some of the post Moonbroke IoA stuff is as well.

I stopped last night on the final form of the final boss, mostly because I was too tired. Will finish soon.
NO

Borys

« Reply #35376 on: October 07, 2019, 05:37:41 AM »
In more The Surge news Iíve been playing 2 and enjoying it a lot despite not having ever played The Surge 1. Where Code Veinís levels looked like your typical modern JRPG linear snorefest The Surge 2ís are multi layered and interconnected in ways that only the best Souls levels are. Only a few hours in and the story is nonsense and supposedly much worse than 1 but donít cur good gaem.

Level design was amazing in TS1 as well. IMO it has it on par with Dark Souls 1 - much better than DS2, DS3. Everything is interconnected in a smart way, there are various shortcuts that just make sense when you open them and the whole map (the factory) is as much vertical as it is horizontal which is always a great thing in RPGs.

TS1 story is IMO very interesting. A nice mix of System Shock and Deus Ex; a good cyberpunk adventure with advancing the humanity vs saving the humanity struggle.

I've read that TS2 makes the gameplay better (combat, parrying etc.) but totally forgets about story, writing and atmoshpere.

I believe this reddit post about the shift in TS2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesurgegame/comments/d9h5kp/unpopular_opinion_lol_surge_2_tonal_shift_from/

For a game featuring dystopian sci-fi body horror based around limb dismemberment and crippling disability the surge 2 is seemingly much less a nasty experience from surge 1. From the lighting and art design to the story themes, the overall direction and sound design surge 2 is often a bright and breezy affair in sunlit parks and open day time streets. A departure from the dark dank hellscape of gore and shadows that pervaded and crafted the original games world.
Don't get me wrong. The surge 2 is a good game you should buy. But it's not the same game as before and if you loved surge 1 for its dead space elements you might be disappointed or confused by the sequel.
The surge 2 does not make me feel scared , upset or uncomfortable like the first game did. I felt isolated , alone, abandoned, lost, confused , horrified, abused , hunted in the surge... making it one of my fav games of all time. It was these unpleasant feelings which made me think about the surge for years after playing it. And caused me to a make a day one purchase of the sequel.
Don't get me wrong...the surge 2 improves on everything in almost every way and the devs should be commended for this...except it seems to have lost its way tonially, and rhe themes and focus are far less what I per9anlky enjoy in surge experience. I wanted to say souls like but for me the surge I'd the souls like I always wanted and set itself above dark souls etc. While surge 2 is...well...souls like and has moved away from its own unique identity.
Apparently the writers of surge 1 were not rehired for surge 2 and surge 2 has no official writer ...which often means the director did it or it was cobbled together from multiple sources ...by committee. It feels like a committee wrote it too.
As surge 1 had relatively poor sales and wasn't played by enough people.... I get why surge 2 might fire the writers and go in a different...more mainstream direction to make a much needed profit. But I feel they have gone too far away from what made surge 1 great. The specific things I loved in 1 are absent so far in 2.
Key point would be surge 1 was dark and lonely while surge 2 is light and busy. Change from empty or corrupted campus to lively city of people. Messy disabailty body horror to high tech future tech shiny (with pink discos). Less music and violent abrupt sounds to more music and ambient city sound (and club music lol). Endless crawlspaces seeped in shadows to light open streets and day lit parks. Horrofic gory androids to robo mechs and transformers. Massive mindless overwhelming monster bosses to small intimate duels etc.

TS1 vs TS2

One of the reasons I am reluctant in paying full price for TS2. They went mainstream with the game and ehh... I can wait a bit. I sincerely hope TS2 is to TS1 as Dark Souls 2 to Dark Souls 1. A craftsman mistake.

For what it is worth I've read that Code Vein destroyed TS2 in sale numbers. Animu Tiddies Souls have that pull you know.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:47:01 AM by Borys »

Borys

« Reply #35377 on: October 08, 2019, 08:37:07 AM »
I can't even buy this game :neogaf Been to FIVE brick & mortar stores and there are ZERO copies available even though they have The Surge 2 stands and flyers.

Okay, how about local online retailer?

Xbox One: unavailable
PS4: 5 to 7 days (!!!)

How about amazon.de?

Xbox One: Nur noch 1 auf Lager.

WTF is with the distribution of this title? I need a boxed version - always has, always will.

Borys

« Reply #35378 on: October 08, 2019, 10:07:36 AM »
got it

:hyper

Spieler1

« Reply #35379 on: October 08, 2019, 03:23:33 PM »
Started Megadrive Mini with Streets of Rage 2 (and Tetris, I guess). Looks so good in this port :lawd

Ghouls 'n Ghosts - seems pretty humane :leon

Contra Hard Corps -   Time for the Japanese version, I guess.

Strider - I'm really into this despite the 80s jank, much more than when I last tried it.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #35380 on: October 08, 2019, 04:19:17 PM »
Started Megadrive Mini with Streets of Rage 2 (and Tetris, I guess). Looks so good in this port :lawd

Contra Hard Corps - (Image removed from quote.)  Time for the Japanese version, I guess.

Strider - I'm really into this despite the 80s jank, much more than when I last tried it.

Ghouls N Ghosts isn't too bad - until you have to go through the whole fucking game again to get to Loki.  It was a really incredible boss to get to though back in the day.  The graphics were beyond mind blowing.

Contra Hard Corps - there is a ROM hack that lets you play the English translation with the Japanese life bar/difficulty - best way to do it IMO...

Strider - it's bad ass.  One of my favorites ever.  I love when I play it now and get to the Amazon level, my kid just goes nuts because he loves dinosaurs.

Borys

« Reply #35381 on: October 08, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »

Contra Hard Corps - (Image removed from quote.)  Time for the Japanese version, I guess.

Ghouls N Ghosts isn't too bad - until you have to go through the whole fucking game again to get to Loki.  It was a really incredible boss to get to though back in the day.  The graphics were beyond mind blowing.

Contra Hard Corps - there is a ROM hack that lets you play the English translation with the Japanese life bar/difficulty - best way to do it IMO...

Strider - it's bad ass.  One of my favorites ever.  I love when I play it now and get to the Amazon level, my kid just goes nuts because he loves dinosaurs.

FYI best kid dinosaur game from the 80's is Cadillac & Dinosaurs

Spieler1

« Reply #35382 on: October 08, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »

At least I can see myself doing a double playthrough down the line for this version, unlike the SNES game, which is almost too crazy on the first run already.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:22:04 PM by Spieler1 »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #35383 on: October 08, 2019, 07:30:30 PM »
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Just wanted to pop-in and see how it runs. Ended up playing for hours. :doge Runs great, feels right, looks pretty. All around what you would expect from a remake. Thanks again for the key, Rumbler. :3

Took a bunch of awful screenshots I ended up deleting, save for this one... >:(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35384 on: October 08, 2019, 08:20:38 PM »
I'm glad the Spyro remake let's you use the original soundtrack:

:aah
dog

Stro

« Reply #35385 on: October 09, 2019, 03:21:09 PM »
Fuck it all Arkham Knight DLC was $10 :yeshrug

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35386 on: October 09, 2019, 04:07:38 PM »

That's how they get you. First hit's free, kid.
©@©ô

kingv

« Reply #35387 on: October 09, 2019, 04:33:33 PM »

You only overpaid by a little.... itís really bad.

The bat girl mission is ok, but itís really short and feels sort of low effort in terms of level and puzzle design.

Everything else is worth literally $0.

Spieler1

« Reply #35388 on: October 09, 2019, 05:15:07 PM »
damn, why does Wily Wars have the same choppy movement of Megaman PSP later on, in which Megaman halts after the first step before fully running? I don't get the point of this, even though it's less blatant in WW.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:41:29 PM by Spieler1 »

Don Rumata

« Reply #35389 on: October 09, 2019, 06:12:22 PM »

You only overpaid by a little.... itís really bad.

The bat girl mission is ok, but itís really short and feels sort of low effort in terms of level and puzzle design.

Everything else is worth literally $0.
Harley's ass is worth at least 1$.

Borys

« Reply #35390 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:46 AM »
The Surge 2 is a fine game however it is totally tonally different from TS1. They went from Dead Space/ System Shock vibes to Fallout 4/ Borderlands ones. It's just a different feel and set up.

Got my way into Port Nixon proper (via Seaside Court) and I can start exploring there or go back and try to deal with the Police fucks near the checkpoint on the Plaza. There is a Doctor sidequest there but there are also LVL4 enemies around ehh. Running a Havel build again and holy shit it works even better here. I cannot be staggered, I have tons of armor and I stagger fools with my strong attack combos. Armor value makes a difference here whereas it was pretty useless in TS1.

Some of the shortcuts in this game, tho :lol The level designers should get a raise... they had fun making those maps for sure.

Borys

« Reply #35391 on: October 10, 2019, 05:48:33 AM »
One another thing:

- the game got some serious GFX bugs on Xbox One. I assume it is using the same engine as TS1 but it looks 2x worse - most of the time the textures just do not load and all is swimming in low-res puke (like worse than N64 textures), everything is whitewashed (?) like the exposure is broken and there are whites everywhere, washed out whites and the loading times are way longer and you can hear the Medbay functioning way ahead of the loading screen vanishing. I would share some screenshots but they look like garbage :(

Pretty strange but I guess a opened city is just too much for this engine to handle (and still there are loading zones everywhere).

Stro

« Reply #35392 on: October 10, 2019, 07:49:05 AM »
Whites everywhere  :exxy

Svejk

« Reply #35393 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:12 AM »
Hit a point in Arkham Knight and I'm just kinda done with it.  Gonna finish whatever story is left and move on.  It isn't bad by any means,  there's just too many other games that need to be played.  Need to get back to NMS VR, AC7, Black Desert, just to name a few..

All the games coming out in the next 6 months... :stahp

kingv

« Reply #35394 on: October 10, 2019, 09:02:19 AM »
The story is not done until you 100% it.

Donít you want the true ending?

Svejk

« Reply #35395 on: October 10, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
The story is not done until you 100% it.

Donít you want the true ending?
It's not that important to me, so nah.  I just played it for the gameplay and aesthetics mostly... and being free on PS+.  If only I had the time...

kingv

« Reply #35396 on: October 10, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
Iím being facetious. I think they that locking the true ending behind the riddler trophies was totally crappy.

They should have made it so you could complete the riddler quest line at some reasonably number of his trophies, and the rest were cheevo bait only.

Don Rumata

« Reply #35397 on: October 10, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »
I mean it's literally a 15 seconds cutscene where
Arkham Knight real ending
Bruce activates "protocol whatever" and essentially dismantles the Batman identity.
[close]
It's barely worth YouTubing.

Borys

« Reply #35398 on: October 11, 2019, 07:53:47 AM »
Up to the first real boss in TS2.

Havel armor + heaviest weapon possible + flailing around boss + shitty camera (think Fiery Sculptor Demon in Sekiro) as in all Souls games = this will be fun....................

Freyj

« Reply #35399 on: October 12, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
Johnny?

Just finished that area last night. Found it much easier to avoid targeting anything specific until the legs were done.