Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559195 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34740 on: May 02, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »
I like how The Master Chief Collection shines a spotlight on how shit the 343 games are. It's like neither 343 and the Coalition understood the franchises they got handed.

Edit: Giving that Halo Infinite trailer another look it at least seems like they're going back to the artstyle of the original trilogy. Now just take the gameplay as well.
Microsoft Studios doesn't seem to get what made those classics good. For HALO it would've been better if 343i did their own thing instead of taking HALO and butchering it.
Bungie had already branched out with the excellent HALO: ODST.

Gears of War, I don't know what the fuck happened. Gears 5 lost me when Marcus Phoenix has a heart to heart with fake Hillary Clinton about how his wife died in childbirth.
I thought after Gears 4 they would be done with prefab roboland but they're not, they added yet more robots. Nothing really is a threat when you have infinite resources and robot armies.
The reason this shit got stale is also because it is all Microsoft had for a while. If they had not neglected Perfect Dark and other series they could've added some variety to their line-up.
Hopefully with the new studios they can do that now.

As for the Masterchief Collection, I bought that when it first released in 2014.  :doge
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34741 on: May 02, 2020, 10:52:28 PM »
Gears Tactics. Owes a lot to X-COM, obviously. Only 2 missions in, but I like it so far.

Bebpo

« Reply #34742 on: May 03, 2020, 12:50:15 AM »
Gears Tactics. Owes a lot to X-COM, obviously. Only 2 missions in, but I like it so far.

I played the first mission and didn't like it. Maybe I'm not understanding something but if one of your guys dies, the enemies will all just put multiple overwatch pointing on the guy so if you go and try to save him you'll die and you only get one overwatch disabling shot for like 9 turn cooldown, so if there's 2 guys you can't disable both. Like either I'm missing something or that seems pretty busted and basically if someone gets downed, might as well restart.

Also didn't like that you couldn't skip cutscenes during missions on restarts and movement seemed kinda slow and clunky.

Idk, last tactics game I played Mutant Road Zero and this seemed a lot worse.

Pennywise

« Reply #34743 on: May 03, 2020, 12:53:17 AM »
Finished Persona 5 Royal.
Pretty great how they expanded the original story with the new content, that fits in thematically well and feels like it completes the package.

Played a bit of Dead Rising 1 after I got an itch for it, but stopped pretty early.

Not sure what's next. After FF7R I wanted to play the original and will prolly do so, but I still got a few other things I want to begin/finish.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34744 on: May 03, 2020, 05:26:19 AM »

I played the first mission and didn't like it. Maybe I'm not understanding something but if one of your guys dies, the enemies will all just put multiple overwatch pointing on the guy so if you go and try to save him you'll die and you only get one overwatch disabling shot for like 9 turn cooldown, so if there's 2 guys you can't disable both. Like either I'm missing something or that seems pretty busted and basically if someone gets downed, might as well restart.

Also didn't like that you couldn't skip cutscenes during missions on restarts and movement seemed kinda slow and clunky.

You gotta get a bit further.man trust me
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34745 on: May 03, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »

Yeah, you have to be really careful with placement and resources so that your units can cover for one another. Don't space them out too far, flank where possible, don't have everyone's frags on cooldown, etc. The 2nd or 3rd mission is a timed rescue (15 turns). Restarting that a bunch taught me a lot about how to play.
Not sure what I would do in the situation you describe. You don't have to use the disabling shot to break overwatch (I think), but that doesn't mean you'd be able to do much else. :lol

Controls are fine. I didn't immediately understand how the executions work, i.e. that you have some limited control over which cover they enter right after, but outside of that I haven't had issues with movement. I do use KBM though.

I also like how relatively short missions are. Hope they don't bloat them up going forward.

I found Phoenix Point much clunkier and just too much to deal with. That one I bailed on very early.

edit: meant to quote myself to make a correction, ended up editing instead and deleting most of the post :stahp
edit2: I had it open in another tab, for whatever reason :rejoice
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:28:49 PM by Rufus »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34746 on: May 03, 2020, 07:41:53 PM »
Dont be a bitch lmao you're getting shit on by a 20 year old game
fat

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #34747 on: May 03, 2020, 07:52:24 PM »
Been playing Hollow Knight Nope. This feels more like a job than a game. I can get why people love it, but I don't have the time for this shit anymore. I've gotten nail upgrades and about 7 or so masks at this point and I'm just done trying to memorize patterns of bosses that are damage sponges.
que

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34748 on: May 03, 2020, 10:30:42 PM »
Not sure what I would do in the situation you describe. You don't have to use the disabling shot to break overwatch (I think), but that doesn't mean you'd be able to do much else. :lol
WRONG! I must have been confusing it with downing enemies, which would of course break overwatch, since they're bleeding out... Knockback from explosive might work though. Testing required.

On the whole, I think you're just meant to avoid overwatch traps at all cost.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34749 on: May 03, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »
Finished my first re-play of Evil Within (am going for all cheevos a second time on X1, fml).

Survival difficulty, no upgrades. Wasn't too hard due to the fact I already knew the game and most enemies can be killed via knockdown and a match pretty easily. The boss fights were some cheap shit though, with no stamina upgrades dodging is tough and ammo was scarce as you had to pump them full of a lot of bullets due to no damage upgrades.

I did notice how much harder the no-upgrade run is without the "Fighting Chance Pack" which came as the pre-order/new copy bonus - I was surprised the digital bundle didn't come with it either. The sawn-off shotty hits WAY harder than the standard one. The flame and poison bolts are also very powerful so missing those made things harder.

Game is still awesome although the story is a mess - so much of it is open to interpretation even after watching fan videos dissecting all the DLC and so. It's still got some real cool concepts and Ruvik is an awesome villain (cool name too).

Next stop, Evil Within 2! Then I'll see if I can beat EW1 on AKUMU mode again. I remember enjoying it last time, since I'll be able to upgrade my shit it probably wont be too much harder than my last run.

Also playing Ace Combat 7 still. So much to do in this game. Currently working through killing all the named 'Aces' in campaign and beating all stages on all difficulties. As well as collecting medals and everything else! So yeah, big game.

Fifstar

« Reply #34750 on: May 04, 2020, 04:43:05 AM »
Murder by Numbers: Soundtrack is absolutly fantastic, one of the best puzzle soundtracks of all time. The detective story part is okay. The characters are likeable and it's good to see a game that treats lbgt themes with respect. Sadly, the murder story is not exciting at all and it doesn't help that the visiual presentation is pretty simple. Picross puzzles are okay, nothing to special. I feel like they could have done some clever stuff with picross but it's all pretty run of the mill. Still, picross + great music + at least some mean of progression is a winning combination.
Gulp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #34751 on: May 04, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »
I liked Murder by Numbers until the last case. By then I was just done and got the next iteration of Picross S. I don't feel they made the cases compelling enough.
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34752 on: May 04, 2020, 06:49:53 PM »
Assassins Creed: Origins
So after a quick detour with Resident Evil 3 and still playing VR stuff from time to time whilst raging as the DOOM SLAYER I've decided to start Origins over the weekend.
As a big fan of Odyssey and how the two are often seen as 'the same' I was surprised at how different Origins is. It has some of the elements that made Odyssey great but is at the same time more classic Assassins Creed.
I love the setting of this game, ancient Egypt looks incredible, at times especially in the tombs, perhaps even better than Odyssey. Also of note is the fact that the cities and towns are way more crowded with more NPC's going around.
NPC's also have their own routines, some are farming, others defending etc. . When you mark one with your eagle drone you can actually see their current activity. Plus with a special ability unlocked you can see the path they're
going to take. In a way this world is more lively and simulated than in Odyssey. In a weird way it is also slightly more immersive because the camera is closer to your character.

When it comes to the story this game is far less light hearted than Odyssey. In Odyssey you were basically a demi-god and only a few of the villains were threatening.
This game starts out with a bunch of dudes violently murdering your kid while screaming at you to open a door. If the point was to depict a sick cult, this game does a better job than Odyssey.
The stakes are immediately clear and much higher versus Odyssey's 'go and find your lost family' . It's more immediate and in your face. The side quests however, not as fleshed out in this game.
Most of the time you don't even have to talk to an NPC to start your quest. There's also no choices in this game. Despite your lust for revenge you are still a Medjay.
A sort of Egyptian Texas Ranger solving people's problems and policing the town so all he does is pick 'Paragon'.

I need to play more get a better sense of gameplay differences but in some ways this game is better for example there's different mounts instead of just different horse colors, enemy AI handles vertical gameplay better (both spotting you on ledges as well as climbing) and there's more different types of tools to unlock such as smoke bombs and darts. In other ways it is vastly inferior to Odyssey. A smaller game as well judging by the map so I should be able to complete it faster.

🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34753 on: May 04, 2020, 09:17:30 PM »
The world in Origins is honestly one of the most incredible virtual worlds i've ever seen in a(n open world) game.
It's really magnificent and epic, while keeping things very natural looking (whereas Odyssey just goes full moronic with 300 meters statues and such).
I would've appreciated a bit more agency in the story, like Odyssey has, but i'd put it in my top 10 of the generation, no problem, i really loved that game.
I only hated the level gating mechanic, but it wasn't impossibly bad for me.
But then again, Egypt is one of the coolest settings i can think of, for an AC in that vein.
Pre-Alexander Persian Empire could also be a good fit.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34754 on: May 04, 2020, 09:56:23 PM »
Evil Within 2 is real jarring coming straight off the first one. Different VAs and game is now kinda open world? The graphics are much improved and the sound and music are fantastic. I was thinking the mise en scene in an opening area was very Lynchian (strobing lights and stuff), then they hit you with this shit lol:

Seems good though. I'm playing on Nightmare mode and the zombies come at you with turbo speed and kill you pretty quick. Stealth is important - the stealth kills are awesome - super stabby and violent, guess he's making sure the baddie is dead

Bebpo

« Reply #34755 on: May 05, 2020, 12:30:19 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:delicious only took me 24 years to finally complete it 100%  :lol And this time I did it in 3 days  :doge What a classic. The controls are still superb, 9 times out of 10 any problem is camera related. The actual Mario mechanics feel perfect. If you told me Ninty was still using the same animations from Mario 64, I'd believe it and support it. The 100 coins per stage probably took me as long as clearing every stage tbh, that was a real drag due to how sparing each course is with coins. Particularly the clock and magic carpet stages, which are real gamer rage inducing :rage :rage :rage

Pretty fucking weird that Yoshi casually commits suicide immediately after giving you 100 lives :jeanluc

Nice job

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #34756 on: May 05, 2020, 02:20:12 AM »
The Genesis Batman games are kinda nuts, not in an awesome way, more so than the 8-bit ones were. And Sega made most of these. There's so many multi-story blind jumps and fire spitting gargoyles in Batman Returns that I don't remember being in the movie. Batman inexplicably has laser cannons in the sewers. Revenge of the Joker is even more unplayable than the NES version, with added gargoyles too! The Animated Series game is more Contra clone than anything Batman like, I have no idea how I nearly beat it like fifteen years ago. The SNES set is going to look like I made it to the Arkham series in comparison.

benjipwns

« Reply #34757 on: May 05, 2020, 10:34:40 AM »
Yeah, the Genesis version is totally different, made by Sega instead of Konami:

You can see the blind jumps and stuff immediately in the Genesis version. Meanwhile, you're just owning dudes all over in the SNES version.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #34758 on: May 05, 2020, 11:36:41 AM »
DOOM Eternal

This game bangs. The soundtrack is so good  :lawd

Mick Gordon ain't coming back for the DLC. From the most recent articles it seems like the issues are that id Software doesn't trust him enough to meet their deadlines. Didn't appear to be a bad blood or artistic vision dispute. Merely non-artistic time management issues.

link: https://www.pcgamer.com/id-details-complicated-relationship-with-doom-eternal-composer-wont-work-with-him-on-dlc/

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34759 on: May 05, 2020, 01:57:39 PM »
I remember playing the Genesis version as a kid and that thing was hard as hell.

SNES version is just a cool beat-um-up.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34760 on: May 05, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
I beat Batman Returns at least 4 or 5 times on the Genesis. Being a kid and only getting 2 games a year. :rejoice
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #34761 on: May 05, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »
Batman Returns on Sega CD though... It was like the next gen version compared to the Genesis one. Dat Spencer Nilsen OST and dem Batmobile stages!   :lawd

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34762 on: May 05, 2020, 05:10:30 PM »
the Loteria google rerun has been killing my focus today.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34763 on: May 05, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »
Yeah, the Genesis version is totally different, made by Sega instead of Konami:

You can see the blind jumps and stuff immediately in the Genesis version. Meanwhile, you're just owning dudes all over in the SNES version.
Oh shit, my buddy had that SNES version, we played it all the time.
I had forgotten all about it.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34764 on: May 06, 2020, 07:27:08 AM »
Good discussion - I never played many of these, the Batman Returns game for Genesis is notoriously tough.

A friend of mine had the Adventures of Batman and Robin game and yeah will concur it had very little to do with Batman and was a tough as shit Contra style game with really long levels, as well as ONE OF THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS FOR THE GENESIS outside of the Koshiro stuff. In fact I'd say Jesper Kyd is on the pantheon with Yuzo when it comes to FM chip mastery. The Sub-Terrania soundtrack also bangs

On a side note this Youtube channel is THE place to go for Genesis/Megadrive soundtracks. Superb sound quality ripped from real hardware and brilliantly mastered and time-stamped. DUSTINODELLOFFICIAL is legit

Heres the Subterrania one - timestamped on a banger

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:32:22 AM by The Sceneman »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34765 on: May 06, 2020, 08:56:02 AM »
:bow Sub-Terrania :bow2
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34766 on: May 06, 2020, 07:02:54 PM »
Wow, Alexandria in Origins looks amazing  :o
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #34767 on: May 07, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
Is it though? Wild Arms was good! So was Chaos Rings. Media Vision has always been a solid B rpg developer.

Beezy

« Reply #34768 on: May 07, 2020, 06:47:48 PM »
Is it though? Wild Arms was good! So was Chaos Rings. Media Vision has always been a solid B rpg developer.
I meant it from the perspective of transitioning into a 3D battle monster game on steroids without the benefit of an existing engine.

Pokémon has largely been focused on iterating off games with a rehaul game that dips in quality within the interim.

Even the SMT games (that I love) have reused assets that’ve been popping up for almost two whole decades.

Here’s there’s just a lot of features I wasn’t expecting, cinematic win screens and moves genuinely blow me away just by nature of how the whole battle monster genre is.
You singlehandedly moved this up my backlog.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34769 on: May 07, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »
Yeah, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is pretty fun. Kinda like Pokemon by way of Persona.
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34770 on: May 07, 2020, 11:32:34 PM »
I watched my friend play Cyber Sleuth, it looked pretty cool but tbh I have no nostalgia for Digimon... I do like me the WA games though. Hmm.

Anyways, just made it to Ch 17 of FF7r. I know I'm approaching the end, but how close am I in hours? Wouldn't mind finishing it up this weekend and getting back to Builders 2.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #34771 on: May 08, 2020, 03:37:02 AM »
Probably like 3-4 hours. Ending is a lot of cutscenes and a lot of boss fights.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34772 on: May 08, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

This game is crack  :doge
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #34773 on: May 08, 2020, 11:23:36 PM »
Anybody playing Trials of Mana?

Got a bit past getting the second elemental in around six hours.

Fun weeb game so far  :uguu
Loved the demo and got it for Switch yesterday. Gonna start it today or tomorrow.
I'm 15-16 hrs in and just got the Mana sword which I think is the halfway point. I couldn't have asked for more from an SD3 remake. My only complaint so far is that your partners are pretty useless during boss fights, but I still haven't come close to having my whole team die.

bluemax

« Reply #34774 on: May 09, 2020, 12:12:52 AM »
15-16 hours is probably closer to 3/4s? I forget exactly. Assuming it is about the same as the SNES. I only just got the first set of class change.
NO

Beezy

« Reply #34775 on: May 09, 2020, 12:36:04 AM »
I don't know, maybe? I'm level 38, but I still haven't class changed a second time yet. You need some special item to.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #34776 on: May 09, 2020, 01:21:10 AM »
I’m around 22ish hours and killed 4/8 benevodons and my party is level 50.

There’s a chest with a guaranteed ??? seed (class change item) in the benevedon dungeons. The enemies in those dungeons also randomly drop them but rarely. I have five out of six of them, but annoyingly I’m missing one that I want since the seeds grow into a specific class and aren’t a one size fits all.

Still enjoying the game quite a bit, but I’m alternating between it and my KH1 and Re:CoM playthroughs so it’s taking a bit longer.
Margs

bluemax

« Reply #34777 on: May 09, 2020, 02:46:41 AM »
I’m around 22ish hours and killed 4/8 benevodons and my party is level 50.

There’s a chest with a guaranteed ??? seed (class change item) in the benevedon dungeons. The enemies in those dungeons also randomly drop them but rarely. I have five out of six of them, but annoyingly I’m missing one that I want since the seeds grow into a specific class and aren’t a one size fits all.

Still enjoying the game quite a bit, but I’m alternating between it and my KH1 and Re:CoM playthroughs so it’s taking a bit longer.

Ah okay, sounds like they rebalanced it a bit then. I was in the mid 30s level wise when I finished the Benevedons on the SNES version. I've read some posts on Gamefaqs that claim if you grow all the seeds at once you get the class items you want instead of random ones, but others seem to disagree so who knows. That was my least favorite part of the original.
NO

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34778 on: May 09, 2020, 12:45:09 PM »
DOA6 is so pretty :lawd

Is there a better looking fighting game? I don't think so  ???
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #34779 on: May 09, 2020, 01:08:39 PM »
marcel the tiddy king :rejoice
(ice)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #34780 on: May 09, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
really hoping those rumored Mario rereleases include an updated version of that, although tbh it would need a damn near a remake to fix all the little annoying things about it.

with dolphin you can assign shaking to a button press, so games should work fine as long as you don't have to point at the screen. 
pcp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34781 on: May 09, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »
How does Dolphin work with Wii waggle shit on a normal gamepad?
Depends very much on the game. The simpler the motions, the easier it is to both configure and use. I tried to play Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands without a Wiimote and gave up when it asks you to use the cursor while platforming. I gave in and bought Mayflash's DolphinBar (sensor + bluetooth receiver, powered by USB) last year. Haven't used it much since, because I'm a ever-distracted dope, but it works great.

They did release a bunch of updates to their emulated Wiimote since, so it might have gotten better/easier, but they can't work miracles.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #34782 on: May 09, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine is good the way it is :hmph

right, of course. it was such a great idea to make a game full of precise platforming that allows you to fall to the bottom of the stage and climb back up over and over and over. very compelling.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #34783 on: May 09, 2020, 09:19:17 PM »
Started Opus Magnum. Out of all the Zachtronics engineering puzzle games, this is the only one that's made sense to me as a non-engineer/programmer. Like the other games are cool, especially Exa-Punks, but the programming of the puzzles was just gibberish another language to me. Idk if it's just the tutorial is better in this one or the visual representation of the arms that move/rotate and bonding and stuff, but this is actually pretty doable so far.

benjipwns

« Reply #34784 on: May 09, 2020, 11:35:30 PM »
NSMBWii can be played just fine with a regular controller and mapping the waggles to a button press, Galaxy you actually need a pointer for, and while you can do it with a mouse*, it's ultimately easier if you already have a Wiimote to just get a cheap USB sensor bar (and bluetooth receiver if you need it, you can buy cheap Chinese packs for like $3)

if you're desperate and have a Wii still, you could also plug it in and power it up solely to use the sensor bar :lol

*or a right analog stick but last time I looked at a guide for this was game specific and had like thirty calibration steps so I said nah, I'll spend $4 on a USB sensor bar

Bebpo

« Reply #34785 on: May 10, 2020, 06:05:28 AM »
So I tried Slay the Spire and I ended up playing all night because it's really good and addicting. Did a bunch of runs with the different characters and I like how they all play so differently.

that being said after like 4-5 hours I'm gonna uninstall it because the runs take too long and there's too much RNG. I ran into so many shitty turns where the boss or even some normal enemy later on is going to do some 50+ damaging 75% of your HP move that turn and...none of my DEF/Block cards pulled or re-shuffle cards, etc... and I just had to take that hit and then probably die and lose the last hour or more run. Because you can't "hold" cards (outside very rare cards that let you) and because enemies/bosses flip around their attacks with a couple of turns doing like 5-10 dmg and then they'll have a turn doing like 50 dmg, it just seems like you either get a good hand at the right time or you die.

I did one of the daily climb runs which was as the 3rd character, the robot guy with the orbs, and in the daily run the card deck they gave you was really really good off the start. Lots of HP regens, 0 cost full deck reshuffles, 27 damage all enemy beam, ability to negate the next 1-2 attacks completely, etc..etc... I got to the boss of the 3rd section which is a better run than I got with the sword guy or magic shaman.

But yeah, I can see why people really like it. It's very fun and addictive and the card abilities are great. But too much rng for me, and don't need addicting games like this where I play until 3am anyhow, so I'm out.

Bebpo

« Reply #34786 on: May 10, 2020, 06:14:22 AM »
Hmmm, reading up on the game, it seems like a lot of people quit mid-run and reload to minimize rng. I didn't realize you could do that. Might give it one more run attempt.

Bebpo

« Reply #34787 on: May 10, 2020, 07:47:51 AM »
Well, save scumming got me a lot further on my next run, but eventually got to a battle where my deck pulls were just such bad RNG (and it's the save every time you save/reload) that even trying every possible combination/strategy, there was no way to survive. Was sad because it was against 3 grunt ass enemies and I had almost full HP but all my deck pulls were the worst possible RNG pulls for each enemy turn that there was no way to survive.

Yeah, I'm out.

Cheddahz

« Reply #34788 on: May 10, 2020, 10:10:44 AM »
Finally sat down to play Ace Combat 7 and the game is a blast

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #34789 on: May 10, 2020, 11:50:56 AM »
Well, save scumming got me a lot further on my next run, but eventually got to a battle where my deck pulls were just such bad RNG (and it's the save every time you save/reload) that even trying every possible combination/strategy, there was no way to survive. Was sad because it was against 3 grunt ass enemies and I had almost full HP but all my deck pulls were the worst possible RNG pulls for each enemy turn that there was no way to survive.

Yeah, I'm out.

dont let timu see this

Bebpo

« Reply #34790 on: May 10, 2020, 03:07:40 PM »

Yeah, I'm out.

dont let timu see this

Haha. Game is way too addictive though. Even after I was done for the night I was watching speedruns and reading up on deck builds.

I don't have an addictive personality in general. I drink Alcohol whenever, I can quit coffee instantly for weeks, the couple times I tried smoking as a teen did nothing, but with videogames that "hmm, how about if I changed my strategy and tried this?" one more run urge is insanely addictive. I probably should not be trying/playing rogue games because of this haha.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm tempted to reinstall the game today and try just "one" more run as Ironclad built after the videos/advice I saw which focused on a 4-5 deck only deck of whirlwhind aoe + flex str buff x 2 + lightning aoe.

I hadn't thought of the idea of keeping your deck so small that you're basically guaranteed to get your cards every turn and can't get fucked by RNG much outside relic drops/curses. Tempted to try this in motion. I'd been getting about midway through Act 3 by the end of last night, but would be nice to get one clear.

I hadn't been passing on like any cards, so I ended up with 30-40 deck by then and it's too much RNG
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #34791 on: May 10, 2020, 04:55:37 PM »
Wooo, beat it with Ironclad on my 2nd run haha. Just barely, would've died 1 turn later.

Didn't use any of the strats I'd read, but did try to keep my deck down a bit to mostly attacks. Had about 20-24 card deck for most of act 3. Couple of Flex+ for +4 str, a couple rampage gaining +8 each time they came up, offering to pull 3 cards for 6hp. I didn't get whirlwhind so I relied on Cleave, didn't get demon form or limit break.

Pretty much got lucky getting like 10 artifacts that had some good stuff. One started off player & enemies with str+1 and all enemies with vuln+1, between 0 cost anger cards and 0 cost dropkick cards on vuln enemies that helped, especially with the flex+ cards. Another good one was at the end of each turn a relic let me add 1 of 3 cards to my deck. Got a few very good cards each fight that I could tune to the fight itself. Also the torii one that reduces 5 damage or less to 1 helps a lot with no def.

Basically was basing it off the speedrun concept of power, power, power glass cannon to end rounds shorter and take less damage and rest at sites.

So the only lame ass thing is when I reinstalled it on the windows store version (gamepass), all my save data was gone from last night. Apparently uninstalling the game deletes all your save data. So when I uninstall this time I'll lose this save too. Gonna unlock the 4th character and try them and then I'm good I guess.

paprikastaude

« Reply #34792 on: May 10, 2020, 06:41:22 PM »
Raging Brachydios in Monster Hunter  :titus  :crazy This will not be managable with randoms. Nor alone. Not sure there's a point to even trying raging Rajang.

Bebpo

« Reply #34793 on: May 10, 2020, 06:52:01 PM »
Slay the Spire - Welp, on my way to do one run with the skull girl and robo dude to unlock the ninja 4th character I actually beat the game again with the robo dude haha. Definitely getting the hang of this. Have a tougher time with poison/block focused The Silent because outside some poison drip, not really good at dealing damage and some rounds I just didn't get enough blocks in my hand to weather the boss attacks.

Bebpo

« Reply #34794 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »
Ok, spent a few hours doing runs with Ninja girl. She's fun and yeah how different all 4 characters is a big plus. Seemed to get screwed on the The Collector boss with her every time. She doesn't seem to be able to consistently output the high DPS needed for bosses summoning minions constantly that you have to deal with since a lot of her attacks are retaining them multiple turns to build them up to high damage. Idk.

Bebpo

« Reply #34795 on: May 11, 2020, 04:40:47 AM »
Finished The Procession to Calvary which I found out about just because sometimes I randomly click articles on http://indiegamesplus.com/

Was a fun little 2 hour adventure game using classic paintings and music mashup with writing similar to Monty Python. Plus you can murder any NPC if you want, but it bars you from getting the good ending if you do  :'(

Apparently it's a sequel to a previous game, so will probably play that one too.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34796 on: May 11, 2020, 09:37:42 AM »
Just doing some solo queuing on faceit. This is what I pay premium for

Cheddahz

« Reply #34797 on: May 11, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
Mission 10 of Ace Combat 7  :lawd

MMaRsu

• Administrator