Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559116 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #35940 on: November 21, 2020, 05:51:28 AM »
And be microtransactioned up to the gills :money
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #35941 on: November 21, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »
I don't remember if I wrote anything in that about how Dirt 5 is like unplayable-y dark at night in certain spots. Which combined with no rewind system and that touching any rock or anything on the side of the track stops your car and everyone passes you and you have to restart the race...is really bullshit.

Turns out it's a tone-mapping issue with SDR/non-HDR sets and Codemasters is aware of it. Whoops. I feel like this is going to be the gen where everything is developed for 4k/HDR sets and if you have a 1080p/SDR set you're going to have a lot of issues. I mean tiny ass text you can't read is one thing, but racing games where you can't see at night is  :-\

https://i.imgur.com/QymUXsz.jpg

Yeah, doing a windy small rally road at 60mph where one miss costs you the race 3mins in when it looks like this:

I spent 45 mins last night trying to beat this stage until I finally did. Was really annoying.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #35942 on: November 21, 2020, 03:40:31 PM »
 :dead

Bebpo

« Reply #35943 on: November 21, 2020, 03:45:37 PM »

Anyhow, so Astrobot is like the best thing ever. I'm just sad it's so short (~4-5 hours I'm guessing to 100%?). If they give this team the time/budget to make a full 20 hour mainline 3d Mario platformer, could definitely dethrone Mario as the best modern 3d platformer. The first VR game was already better than basically every 3d platformer that isn't top-tier mainline Mario.

This one is super great. Shows me that they don't need VR and the Dual Sense gimmicks can replace it in terms of creative gameplay ideas. I'm ok with Astrobot 2 being non-VR, I just want to make sure they make Astrobot 2! I'm guessing it'll happen since both games are huge critic hits and they said they have more Astrobot to announce soon.

Also the music in this new Astrobot is fucking glorious. The GPU song is so good.

And like half the fun in the game if you've been playing games since at least PS1 is the trivia of trying to recognize all of the cameos. I think I've gotten all of them so far, the only one I'm kinda not sure about is this one, but I think it's Until Dawn?

Was there a girl with a purple knit cap in that? But seeing stuff like Vib Ribbon & Puppeteer really cheers me up. This PS5 game is like the biggest love letter to videogame history on sony consoles ever. It's the perfect game to include for free with every PS5. Love it to bits.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:32:12 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #35944 on: November 21, 2020, 07:44:52 PM »
Picked up Crash 4 during the black friday PSN sale. This seems like a really good platformer? I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first 2 games after the first world (haven't played 3 yet). Good challenge, but doable. Not going for 100% crates but try to get the ones I can see/find.

Also Crash with double jump (which I understand was added in 3) makes things a lot more manageable.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #35945 on: November 22, 2020, 02:02:30 PM »
astro bot does seem like it deserves its own mainline entry, hopefully dispensing with the hyper gimmicks. stuff like blowing into a fan or the monkey/spring machine levels were, if not bad, at least almost immediately boring. I enjoyed the astro stuff, and I'm sure we'll get another mainline title.
◕‿◕

Freyj

« Reply #35946 on: November 22, 2020, 05:44:11 PM »
Yeah Astro’s was great and deserves a full entry focused on the platforming. Haven’t played the VR one but I’m interested now. I sat down day one with the intention of playing Demon’s and just never quit playing Astro’s.

Cold Steel IV done.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was so so? I dropped the difficulty when it was clear the game wasn’t going to stop fucking with my party and making Accessory / Orbment management hellish and after playing SC, 3rd, Zero, Azure and CS I - IV over the last 12 months I’m a little burned out on the combat.

Good character moments and the wedding was a nice capstone to essentially a 9 game buildup but the Osborne and Ouroboros plots were awful. Ouroboros is a one trick pony and I really don’t care to see any more of them in this series (lol) until they have something more to do than peace out after revealing they don’t actually care about plan X because it was just the third step of plan Y which is in turn the fifth step of plan Z.

Osborne and everything surrounding him I don’t want to think much more about. Insanely stupid turn of events.
[close]

What difficulty are you doing? I just made it to Hamel, so not too far along. I did Normal, even though that wasn't the 'default' difficulty... found the boss fight against Roselia in the beginning to be pretty tough and some of the enemies to be HP sponges so maybe I'll move it back to the default.

Bumped down to Easy about halfway through because I was tired of moving quartz around lol.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #35947 on: November 22, 2020, 07:07:04 PM »
Playing some more CS4, just finished the section where you go to Alster and the Osgilliath (heh) Basin. ~25h in.

Freyj - how long did CS4 take you?
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #35948 on: November 22, 2020, 09:43:33 PM »
is Nioh The Last Samurai of gaming?

Actually yeah lol. You play as William Adams, an actual British dude that ended up in Japan in the 1600s.

Depends on how you see it. The Last Samurai is fictional, but the backstory Nioh uses actually happened.

William Adams was the navigator on a ship called De Liefde. He was the first englishman to become a samurai. Jan Joosten van Lodensteyn second mate on the ship also stayed in Japan after they got to land there and is the person to set up the Dutch trading post in Japan.

The main bad guy is also based on a real person. Edward Kelley was an alchemist that claimed he could summon spirits. He also claimed he could turn base metals into gold.

That's a little like arguing EA's Dante's Inferno is a legitimate way to engage with that literature.

naff

« Reply #35949 on: November 22, 2020, 09:56:20 PM »
 :lol lol, chrono i believe nioh is a great representation of how William Adams struggled to come to grips with samurai stances while forced into a situation where he had to mow down hoards of monsters, and the difficulties of managing all dat loot when you have the luck of the irish. your classic zero to hero historical adventure
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #35950 on: November 22, 2020, 09:58:39 PM »
:lol lol, chrono i believe nioh is a great representation of how William Adams struggled to come to grips with samurai stances while forced into a situation where he had to mow down hoards of monsters, and the difficulties of managing all dat loot when you have the luck of the irish. your classic zero to hero historical adventure

In contrast, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is a great way to engage with Hamlet, but doesn't have enough monsters.

paprikastaude

« Reply #35951 on: November 23, 2020, 12:31:13 AM »
I love how at the end of Nioh they still want it to be part of real history by saying "now let's not ever talk about demons again from this point on and pretend that part never happened".  :doge

Rahxephon91

« Reply #35952 on: November 23, 2020, 04:04:30 AM »
You guys play any of these Chinese(well actually they are from Taiwan and Singapore) rags like Guijan 3 and Xuan Yawn Sword 7.

They are kind of ok.

Sword I've played a bit of and yeah it feels like a cheap c level Japanese rpg from time to time, but it's not terrible.

Guijan 3 though is pretty cool in a over the top grandiose way. Doesn't look awful either.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35953 on: November 23, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »
Deciding which game to play now that I can max out everything in any game at 1440p lmao

AC Odyssey
DQ11 (35 hour save)
Monster Hunter World (35 hour save)
Rage 2?
Mafia Definitive Edition?
Horizon Zero Dawn again? Looks great on PC tho
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #35954 on: November 23, 2020, 04:31:15 AM »
Mafia is pretty quick and painless. Should look good as well.

naff

« Reply #35955 on: November 23, 2020, 01:02:20 PM »
Deciding which game to play now that I can max out everything in any game at 1440p lmao

AC Odyssey
DQ11 (35 hour save)
Rage 2?

Parts of Metro Exodus are incredible, I'll go back and give that and Control a jam when I get a RT card.
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35956 on: November 23, 2020, 01:29:30 PM »
I really liked Rage 2, but apparently I'm the only one.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35957 on: November 23, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »

AC Odyssey
DQ11 (35 hour save)
Rage 2?
Call of Duty my man.

RAY TRACED RONALD REAGAN  :whew

DOOM Eternal is also very nice and insanely fast on a capable rig  :whoo
Shadow of the Tomb Raider :mouf
I'm also a big fan of how Deus Ex: Mankind Divided looks maxed out.
Forza Horizon 3 or 4 will also be worth it. Hell, everything looks fucking great.

and C O N T R O L
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35958 on: November 23, 2020, 01:55:23 PM »
Yea Im not buying COD, they are so expensive. But I played Warzone and its a lot more fun when you can turn everything up and still get good frames  :lawd

I installed Forza Horizon 3 as well, since I finished 4. Looks and runs GREAT.

Wasnt getting such great frames in Mankind Divided with everything maxed out, might be my slower RAM (cant seem to get it to run higher than 2666mhz :/ ), or my 2600x.

Could try DOOM Eternal, but Monster Hunter World and DQ11 are running sweet as well, Dishonored 2 also runs like a beauty (but with a better cpu I would get more frames)
What

Bebpo

« Reply #35959 on: November 23, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »

AC Odyssey
DQ11 (35 hour save)
Rage 2?

DQ11 should look nice. Use the 60fps patch. AC always looks good. Honestly might be the best pick.

AC & DQ and MHW are gonna be long commitments though. I hear Horizon is pretty lengthy too. If you just want something quick and nice looking to blow through in a week or two, probably Rage 2 or Mafia.

Bebpo

« Reply #35960 on: November 23, 2020, 03:39:03 PM »
Some VNs are on-sale on Switch and Switch is my go to for VNs since Vita is now dead and VNs = books & should be read portable.

Spirit Hunter: Death Mark $19.99
Yu-No $24.99

Either of those worth it for those prices?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35961 on: November 23, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »
Gonna continue my AC save, im getting into the groove and im really digging Kassandra, she's a fun character

Would you guys say these are good temps/fps? 1440p with everything maxed except volumetric clouds I think I have those on medium
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #35962 on: November 23, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »
Did like a 6 hour session with Resident Evil 7 yesterday. They weren't lying about the biohazards  :holeup

Game is awesome, the level design is really tight with awesome event scripting. I love the throwbacks to oldschool resi (the key doors, shotgun puzzle and more). I think I'm almost at the end of the game. Will definitely go back through on hard mode with a guide for the collectibles and achievements.

Is the DLC worth getting?

naff

« Reply #35963 on: November 23, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »
Would you guys say these are good temps/fps? 1440p with everything maxed except volumetric clouds I think I have those on medium

sure. you could def push your gpu/cpu harder if you wanted. anything below 80 under load is fine for either imo, though you wouldn't want to go higher than that consistently ~70 is ideal really.

do you play with variable framerates instead of locking it?
◕‿◕

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #35964 on: November 23, 2020, 05:25:41 PM »
I really liked Rage 2, but apparently I'm the only one.

I liked it too. Story and level design were crap, but the shooting  :aah
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #35965 on: November 23, 2020, 05:37:47 PM »
Did like a 6 hour session with Resident Evil 7 yesterday. They weren't lying about the biohazards  :holeup

Game is awesome, the level design is really tight with awesome event scripting. I love the throwbacks to oldschool resi (the key doors, shotgun puzzle and more). I think I'm almost at the end of the game. Will definitely go back through on hard mode with a guide for the collectibles and achievements.

Depends how much you like the game, and how much you’re willing to shell out for it.

Not a Hero is free and fun, so make sure to play that.

End of Zoe is the one most worth playing and fully featured of the paid stuff. Nice mini-campaign.

There are like two short “cinematic puzzle-room” episodes. Fun, but no real replayability.

There is a horde mode set in the basement with points to buy weapons and install traps. Fun enough, but also shows how little enemy and weapon variety the game has.

There’s one where you play deadly blackjack. I liked that one, though the AI fucking cheats.

Jack’s Party is some weird gimmick mode that I remember not liking but I only did like a round of.

Ethan Must Die is a rogue-like mode where you if you die you start from the beginning, but your equipment stays on the map Dark Souls style to pick up, but is gone forever if you die again. Hard as balls, never beat it, but it was alright.

Overall I didn’t mind the 20 bucks I spent on the package back in the day, but this late in the game, I wouldn’t get the season pass for more than a tenner.
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #35966 on: November 23, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »
I used the PS5 BC testing as an excuse to re-install RE7 and the 2 DLC expansions since I never played either. Really liked RE7 so good chance to play Not a Hero & End of Zoe.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35967 on: November 23, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
Gonna continue my AC save, im getting into the groove and im really digging Kassandra, she's a fun character

(Image removed from quote.)

What you need is another 8GB of RAM, especially for those bigger games to give that 3070 some breathing room.

Finally had some time play vidya again. Really digging the new COD with all the different locales and stealth gameplay.

🤴

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #35968 on: November 23, 2020, 07:41:02 PM »

Depends how much you like the game, and how much you’re willing to shell out for it.

Not a Hero is free and fun, so make sure to play that.

End of Zoe is the one most worth playing and fully featured of the paid stuff. Nice mini-campaign.

There are like two short “cinematic puzzle-room” episodes. Fun, but no real replayability.

There is a horde mode set in the basement with points to buy weapons and install traps. Fun enough, but also shows how little enemy and weapon variety the game has.

There’s one where you play deadly blackjack. I liked that one, though the AI fucking cheats.

Jack’s Party is some weird gimmick mode that I remember not liking but I only did like a round of.

Ethan Must Die is a rogue-like mode where you if you die you start from the beginning, but your equipment stays on the map Dark Souls style to pick up, but is gone forever if you die again. Hard as balls, never beat it, but it was alright.

Overall I didn’t mind the 20 bucks I spent on the package back in the day, but this late in the game, I wouldn’t get the season pass for more than a tenner.

Thanks for this, sounds like theres tons of extra content. I'll bet the season pass is on sale cos black friday or somehting, I'll check it out. edit: Ah the season pass is 60% off, 19.50NZD, seems like a good price for all that content, will pick it up

Madhouse mode sounds totally sweet, but I might run through again on Normal and get all dem collectibles for some upgrades
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:50:08 PM by The Sceneman »

Bebpo

« Reply #35969 on: November 24, 2020, 12:22:48 AM »
Finished Astro's Playroom grabbing all the 100% stuff. Man, that was top notch. It's short, but might be my favorite game I've played this year and I've now beaten 93 games in 2020 so far. The game was just so much fun. The nostalgia is off the charts.

The final boss was pretty great. Died a few times and some of the speedrun levels are great tight stages. But fuck that pinball level in time trial. I don't mind the other gimmick stuff but that one does not control very accurately. Should've just been tilt/motion movement.

I love how you can jump from level to level from the start menu with like 2 second load times. Was really useful for finishing up collectibles combined with the small levels.

The main Playstation Labo area though...when it gets filled out that is crazy amazing. The way you can interact with a lot of this stuff and the things the astrobots are doing around the room is just...so much effort put into this. The only game that is comparable to Astro's Playroom in the way it's love letter to the history of Playstation is Super Smash Bros. Sony finally got its Smash Bros game. Now Sega & MS need something like this too.

*edit* Ok, got my first PS5 Platinum and probably my 2nd Plat ever lol, that was easy. Still missing the DLC trophy for time trials. Might go for it. Need to shave off 1 min between 8 stages.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:53:37 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #35970 on: November 24, 2020, 01:27:36 AM »
So I got the time trials trophy. That was actually a lot of fun. Really intense good mario stages trying to shave seconds off. Only one bullshit luck/controls stage, rest are all skill. I might try to beat Wario64's time. I think I can shave off pretty close to 6 mins.

Also turns out I'd never gotten a Platinum trophy before in the lifetime of Sony systems haha. This is my first! Good start for PS5 library.

Nuitangg

« Reply #35971 on: November 24, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »
Played Shadowlands for 9 hrs straight.  :goldberg

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35972 on: November 24, 2020, 10:37:49 AM »

Is there anything good in there for lapsed subs?
What

Nuitangg

« Reply #35973 on: November 24, 2020, 12:04:50 PM »

Is there anything good in there for lapsed subs?

Definitely.  The new zones, questing/campaign all seem great so far.  I'm sure it will turn to shit in a couple of months though  :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35974 on: November 24, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »
I mean can you do anything with a lvl 50 character if you have a lapsed sub and dont want to spend money to play it
What

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #35975 on: November 24, 2020, 10:59:39 PM »
Some VNs are on-sale on Switch and Switch is my go to for VNs since Vita is now dead and VNs = books & should be read portable.

Spirit Hunter: Death Mark $19.99
Yu-No $24.99

Either of those worth it for those prices?

Yu-No is like the Patient Zero of VN's. Very much the product of its time. The main character is a fucking scumbag but I enjoyed it in that late 80s PC98 way, the FM Synth soundtrack you can select from the menu is objectively one of the best soundtracks of all time (Ryu Umemoto!!!).

I like how they didn't censor the part where you
fuck your mom
[close]
but they did censor the part where you
fuck your DAUGHTER
[close]
from the original.

Hmm on second thought nobody should ever play Yu-No

Bebpo

« Reply #35976 on: November 24, 2020, 11:53:50 PM »
Yeah I picked it up and played the first 20 mins or so and was like woaah, this is way more perv than like all the "normal" VNs I play like 999; Fata Morgana; Steins;Gate. I asked duckroll and he said yeah, Yu-No is a straight up porn game with a cool entertaining story. Good to know!

Also I picked up Spirit Hunter: Death Mark and it's a VN where you can't save until like 1-2 hours in and only at specific spots because it actually has gameplay where you can die and is more like a horror Ace Attorney? I mean that latter bit is cool, but VNs where you can't save are kinda bullshit. At least Switch has sleep mode.

I also saw that Yu-No doesn't let you save anywhere, but it seems to let you save pretty often so I don't think it's anything too crazy like Spirit Hunter. But wtf VNs are books, let me save any second I would like damn you.

Quaker

« Reply #35977 on: November 25, 2020, 02:37:05 AM »
I like how duckroll is still your phone-a-friend when it comes to crusty Japanese incest porn vidya.

GlenShinobi.  :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:55:35 AM by Quaker »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #35978 on: November 25, 2020, 04:18:03 AM »
Finished RE7, game kinda fell over in the last third, can really tell they ran out of time -some dodgy textures on the final boss. Biggest gripe is the lack of enemy types. Game is not scary once you've faced the same beasts twenty times and I found at the end I had a billion bullets so felt pretty OP. Guess Hardmode is for seasoned gamers like myself. Overall though an awesome game and a solid 4/5. Have all the dlc downloaded now so gonna check that out soon but might clean out the base game achievements first

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35979 on: November 25, 2020, 04:58:25 AM »
I miss duckroll
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #35980 on: November 25, 2020, 07:50:19 PM »
Up to 50 deaths on those last Crash Bandicoot 4 levels :crazy

Return of the 3D platformers :rejoice Can't believe they actually made a high budget one without gimmicks, solely focusing on hardcore challenge.

Bebpo

« Reply #35981 on: November 25, 2020, 08:29:40 PM »
Up to 50 deaths on those last Crash Bandicoot 4 levels :crazy

Return of the 3D platformers :rejoice Can't believe they actually made a high budget one without gimmicks, solely focusing on hardcore challenge.

I was surprised the final hit on the first boss had such tight timing for the platforming to get over to it. Like at first I thought it was too easy that they checkpoint after each boss hit, but then when it took me 5 lives to get that last hit in I was a lot more ok with it.

Still World 1 was basically better than the entirety of Crash 1 & 2. I really should not play any more Crash 4 until I sit down and play through 3, because I think this game is gonna make it really hard going back to Crash 3 if I play that after.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #35982 on: November 25, 2020, 08:43:27 PM »
I also saw that Yu-No doesn't let you save anywhere, but it seems to let you save pretty often so I don't think it's anything too crazy like Spirit Hunter. But wtf VNs are books, let me save any second I would like damn you.

I think that's wrong, I believe you can save at any point in the game. I am paranoid about saving too and had 0 issues with it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35983 on: November 26, 2020, 04:08:55 AM »
Lmao tried DOOM Eternal again because fuck me I love DOOM 2016. But not being able to punch regular ass zombies to death, it just does 1 hitpoint of damage has me going NOPE. Also the tutorial sections.

Hey you found a new weapon! Let me just take you out of the action and put you in this generic training chamber that looks like shit.
What

Bebpo

« Reply #35984 on: November 26, 2020, 05:36:10 AM »
Watchdogs Legion

We're getting so close to photo realism in environments. In a few years when cards can brute force max Legion 60fps+ at 4k without DLSS, it'll look pretty amazing in the environments. The RTX is really incredible and there's a lot of good texture work in the city.

But NPCs still have a looooong way to go. And it's totally jarring how shit they look and stick out. My new hobby is taking pictures of terrible NPCs in photo-realistic backdrops.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #35985 on: November 26, 2020, 09:53:02 AM »
Is that guy pouring coffee in his eye?

BIONIC

« Reply #35986 on: November 26, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »
Is that guy pouring coffee in his eye?

He’s seen some shit in his time  :foxx
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #35987 on: November 26, 2020, 04:48:48 PM »
Us low poly count brits :stahp
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35988 on: November 26, 2020, 05:34:51 PM »
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Shooting all the commies :rash

Talking to Gorbachev :neo
[close]

I cannot believe this is all based on a true story :whew
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #35989 on: November 26, 2020, 05:37:48 PM »
Do you get to shoot any chicoms?
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35990 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:18 PM »
Do you get to shoot any chicoms?
Not yet but it has been one crazy ride so far.

Commies at Texas motels with military gear, commies in Germany, commies in Russia, commies in the mountains, commies at Burger Town, commies everywhere

I am protecting the free men and women of the world on behalf of Ronald Reagan and ocassionally pause to decrypt codes or play Pitfall, Chopper Attack and other shitty arcade games :salute

I lost my shit when I infiltrated KGB headquarters in disguise with Adler(Kurt Rusell) and he didn't even remove his aviator sunglasses  :dead
[close]
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #35991 on: November 27, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »
Ran into a bug in Watchdogs Legion last night that almost broke my game and lost me 20 hours. Would've bailed on the game at that point.

Basically you can recruit people who have disguises that let them get through certain restricted areas. One of my character's disguises was bugged and I managed to get into a building on a story mission where it expected you to be in disguise.

It was a scripted indoor event so you had no access to any of your weapons/abilities and if you were spotted it was an instant game over. Also the game auto-saved inside on the only save and you can't leave or quit out of the mission. And my disguise didn't work.

After 90 mins of retries I barely scrapped by a perfect ghost run by breaking the AI every possible way I could to sneak by them since they alerted almost instantly if they saw me since my disguise didn't work. At 60 mins I was ready to give up and bail on the game but was thick headed and kept trying and got through.

Googled it and apparently a decent amount of people have this bug where the bad guy disguise (Albion disguise) doesn't work. So considering there is a required story mission like this that requires it...that's a really bad bug. Also the game has been out a month and patched multiple times for fixes and that still hasn't been fixed :|  UBI

Also I'm now keeping multiple save files in this.

Bebpo

« Reply #35992 on: November 27, 2020, 03:56:34 PM »
So I went and got a new guy with that disguise to see if his disguise would work or be bugged too. After spending 20 mins getting the guy I walked into the nearest base to test it. Thankfully it worked.

Not thankfully when I walked out of the base it told me I had perma-failed a mission because there was a mission at that particular base and by walking in I'd activated it and by leaving the area I'd perma-failed it.

And the mission was to save one of my main team members who had been kidnapped. So they perma-died and I lost them forever.

This game has some shit design to it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35993 on: November 27, 2020, 05:16:03 PM »
Shot more commies

This time in
Cuba
[close]
The essential commie shooting location.
I noticed some studio in Shanghai worked on this on the title screen so prob no chicoms to shoot  :fbm

I can tell this game had its fair share of COVID-19 difficulties though. Way more buggy and rushed than last years Modern Warfare but I'm enjoying the action ride for what it is.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #35994 on: November 27, 2020, 05:18:34 PM »
Game was a mess before COVID, this is the one that Treyarch got called in on to save the butts of Raven/Sledgehammer with only a year to release.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #35995 on: November 27, 2020, 06:32:00 PM »

my second favourite RE after 4. looks incredible too.

paprikastaude

« Reply #35996 on: November 27, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »
Found some Worms game in my Steam library and played this series for the first time in like two decades. Didn't expect to be a little nostalgic for this. And it's still pretty great multiplayer. No wonder they didn't change the formula one bit in two dozen entries. :doge Now I think about getting maybe the DS/PSP one for training.

Bebpo

« Reply #35997 on: November 28, 2020, 01:56:12 AM »
Might finish Watchdogs Legion tomorrow. Maaaaybe. God, this is such a waste of free gaming time. It's pretty damn long. I wish I wasn't such a completionist and could just drop a game and move on.

Some neat ideas and emergent gameplay moments. But pretty much the most repetitive game in a while. Reminds me of like MGSV base mission after base mission except smaller and more bases with very limited abilities/weapons/gadgets to vary it up. There must be like 300 bases in Legion. That is all there is to the game, a big map of 300 buildings or so that are red zone infiltration bases. Nothing in the game happens outside of the bases. There's no driving missions or car chases or drone races or anything. It's just bases. Oh and there's like 6 boxing arenas, but the melee sucks.

AC Syndicate is a much better London map. When I played Syndicate I felt like I really got to know London and it's layout and landmarks and districts. Was very touristy. In Legion there's all these famous buildings but they're just window dressing. The game barely uses them besides like sticking a collectible on the roof or lawn and you move on. Syndicate felt like it actually used the historic places in the mission/game design.

Hell the big historic train stations were awesome in Syndicate. In Legion the train stations are a fast travel spot and there's nothing beyond the entrances...  :-\

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #35998 on: November 28, 2020, 03:02:27 AM »
When you thought you beat hades but he has a 2nd phase  :tocry

Also fucked up my build by buying the +2 random upgrades -1 you have which replaced my best one  :snoop

Also also went through too many of the optional chambers in styx which just suck with the poison rats

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35999 on: November 28, 2020, 05:31:40 AM »
Forza Horizon 3 with everything on Ultra at 1440p with 8xMSAA 😅👍 over 100fps  :whew :whew
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:36:21 AM by MMaRsu »
What