Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558529 times)

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2009, 12:02:37 PM »
Trying to get through Infamous, which is fucking awesome right around now (a couple of missions into the Warren), but my PS3 isn't making it easy.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2009, 12:19:03 PM »
Is Wolfenstein worth it on XBLA? Ive got 200/200 in Duke and Doom so I probably need to get Wolf3d also...

I just beat Tomb Raider Underworld, great game! Loved the tombs and giant statues and shit. Might pick up Anniversary and Legend now for more TR goodness.

And still hooked on fucking Peggle. Only 6 more stages to 100% for the Doctor of the Peggle Arts achievement!!!!!!!

Did you get the Tomb Raider DLC?  It's worth it IMO, especially Lara's Shadow.

TR: Legend was great. Wanted to play Anniversary but missed the only local copy at a sexy price. I've got Underworld in the wings, and am looking forward to the virtual tropical island vacation it appears to offer.

Finishing up the HULK finally as well. Looks like I won't need to buy PROTOTYPE.

I still have yet to go all the way through Anniversary; got it on PSP initially and picked up the 360 version locally for $20 new back in December, but it's been sitting on the shelf.  I had the J-version very briefly and only made it to the second area (Rome?), but unfortunately the U.S. version uses different save data from the Japanese version, and I don't feel like re-doing Peru again.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:52:02 PM by Edge Lyteman »
ど助平

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:57 PM »
Trying to get through Infamous, which is fucking awesome right around now (a couple of missions into the Warren), but my PS3 isn't making it easy.

I know what you mean

:piss DualShock
:piss PSN
jon

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2009, 12:48:01 PM »
ROCK BAND: IRON MAIDEN
nat

duckman2000

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »

I know what you mean

:piss DualShock
:piss PSN

I wouldn't want to play a face button, shoulder button and d-pad heavy game with any other controller, but GPU failure manifesting itself by way of stretching every other polygon is a bitch in a game where you spend a lot of time grinding wires.

The music in the last sewer mission was fucking awesome. Why in the hell did they wait so long to kick this shit in?

archie4208

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2009, 04:50:18 PM »
I was playing the Fight Night R4 demo on the 360 and I couldn't make it halfway into the 2nd round without my hands cramping up like they never had.

I played FNR3 on the PS3 for hours no problem.

©ZH

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
Thats because the 360 controller sucks compared to the DualShock.

Also word of warning guys DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE OF WII MOTION PLUS. It's overrated, seriously. Picked it up with Grand Slam Tennis and it really isn't that good. Not even close to 1:1 or anything. All it really adds is the ability to detect velocity :/.
USA

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
Just wait til M++
©ZH

Kestastrophe

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2009, 06:14:31 PM »
Thats because the 360 controller sucks compared to the DualShock.
:teehee
jon

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »
guilty gear accent core plus

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »
just played some bug-ridden Saints 2 with Chronovore, we were convinced he game was trying to spite us! Buggy Ho's, indestructable pimps, the works.

also playing Vagrant Story on PSP. Game is so good I want to piss my pants

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »
Finished the Prologue and Rydia's chapter in FF4: The After Years, playing Avalon Code on DS. Going to DC for the week, for work-related training... so I'll be playing Avalon Code and Valkyrie Profile DS while down.
^_^

Mrbob

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
Mainly the same things I have been playing last weekend.

Infamous and MLB The Show on PS3.

CoD4 on 360.

Plants vs Zombies on PC.  Add a little Freedom Force action back in thanks to it going up on steam.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »
I'm wrapping up Fable 2.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »
just played some bug-ridden Saints 2 with Chronovore, we were convinced he game was trying to spite us! Buggy Ho's, indestructable pimps, the works.

Yar, that were buggy as shit... and still more fun than GTA IV.

Is Vagrant Story on PSP available through the store, or are you playing it on one of those "magic" PSPs?

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »
Sword of the Stars + expansions
Zeus: Master of Olympus+poseidon expansion
DCS Black Shark
Light of Altair
hex

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »
playing "find the last guerilla mission" in red faction. so shit.
fat

Enl

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
Work

Found a way to play pc games at my work with just the usb drive.

Diablo- click, click, click, click, click

Baldur's Gate- One of my all time favorite old school PC rpgs. I actually prefer this over its sequel. I think I'm gonna off Imoen this time.

Final Fantasy IV DS- 10 hrs in. The difficulty balance seems off, but I prefer it to be challenging than for it to be a cakewalk like most modern JRPGs.

DeCap Attack- Old game for the weekend. I've always liked its offbeat style. Also is this game related to Kid Kool for the NES?

Home

Street Fighter IV- Playing this on a regular basis again.

Raiden Fighter Collection- Damn you Archie and your high scores! I'll beat you someday!

Ratchet and Clank Future- Only 5 hrs in but something feels off about this game.
mmm

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
I JUST got a "new" computer (I traded my laptop for it) that supposedbly can play Crysis on High at like 60fps, not sure yet but excited to check it out, so im going to be going back and playing some pc classics I missed.

Other than that I have a terrible backlog. Here's whats in my rotation:

PS3:
Sacred 2 (I need to get back to this, almost been a month :()
UFC Unleashed (Same)
Infamous (Like 2 weeks :( )

3Shitty:
Rock Band 2 (all the time :/)

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy (Amazing game)
Grand Slam Tennis (Amazing Game)
Punch Out (Amazing Game)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Meh)

And here's what I planb to pirate:

PC:
Crysis
Far Cry 2

Man there really hasnt been much pc gaymes. Heres pc games I can finally play that I own though:

STALKER
Company of Heroes
Freedom Force 1 + 2
HL 2,E1,E2 ( I lost my HL2 save that was on the last level :(. Can anyone spoil it for me?)

Need PC reccs.
USA

Enl

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »

HL 2,E1,E2 ( I lost my HL2 save that was on the last level :(. Can anyone spoil it for me?)

You get a supermega gravity gun, you climb to the top of the Citadel picking up and tossing soldiers for about 30 min, the Citadel blows up, everything freeze frames right when it happens, G-Man show up, says something, ends. Better yet here's the youtube:

[youtube=560,345]RaFVCtidfNM&hl=en&fs=1&[/youtube]
mmm

archie4208

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
Hacked a Wii so I'm playing a bunch of pirated games:

Excitebots :bow2
Boom Blox 2 :bow2
EA Sports Active  :-[
FF4 After Years :bow2

Oh god I'm turning into EmCeeGrammar :(

cool breeze

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »
Been thinking about going back and playing a Splinter Cell game.  Saw that deal for Double Agent on Steam, but I didn't like that too much.  Decided to get Chaos Theory on Xbox Originals after a thread on gaf brought it to my attention.  Eager to see how the co-op is since I never tried that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »
PS3:
Sacred 2 (I need to get back to this, almost been a month :()
UFC Unleashed (Same)
Infamous (Like 2 weeks :( )

Is that the one with the lightsabers?

duckman2000

« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
Been thinking about going back and playing a Splinter Cell game.  Saw that deal for Double Agent on Steam, but I didn't like that too much.  Decided to get Chaos Theory on Xbox Originals after a thread on gaf brought it to my attention.  Eager to see how the co-op is since I never tried that.

Don't forget to save. I had to replay a whole mission because I'd forgotten about the lack of automatic saves.

Brehvolution

« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
1 vs 100 preferably with EB folk.
MLB 09:Teh Show
Civ 4 BTS ... Anyone know if Civ 5 is in the works?

©ZH

Kestastrophe

« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
Red Faction 360- I played at least 5 hours of multiplayer last night.
FF VII- PSP
Freedom Force PC-why is this game so hard? seriously, your characters can hardly take any hits, especially that stupid mexican. I am stuck on the nuclear winter level because I can't figure out how to disarm the bomb with minuteman  :-\. Also, group commands are fucking awful. For some unknown reason, the developer saw it fit to make more than one character attacking an enemy impossible. other than that the game is fun, and the comic style is great.
jon

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »
Finally got around to playing Killzone 2 and I'm liking it quite a bit but only in small doses.  It just gets a little too repetitive after awhile and the game could use some change of scenery.  Sure the destroyed urban area looks great but I would've liked a little more variety.  Still would like a 360-esque controller for the PS3 too.  I just don't like playing these types of games on the Dualshock.

And for some reason or another I'm continuing my Sims 3 faggotry.  I just keep having my character write book after book to see how much money I can rack up in weekly royalties.  $170,000 so far.  :-*
Tacos

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2009, 11:12:41 PM »
PEGGLE :hyper
..and I'll get to throwing FFIV TAY on my Wii at some point in the near future.
Hi

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »
I really need to hack my wii :(
USA

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
I still haven't hacked mine and I got one at launch.  :shh
Hi

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »
prototype

- MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH

red faction

- funfrustrationfunfrustrationfunfrustrationfunfrustrationfunfrustrationfunfrustration

some COD WaW multiplayer on PS3 here in just a minute
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 12:19:30 AM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »
after playing some more, i'm starting to dislike red faction

wonky driving controls

hate, hate, hate house arrest rescue missions because they're too fucktarded to just GET IN THE GODDAMNED TRUCK

also, driving across the map just to talk to a person before you can even do the rescue, wtf

stupid fucking resistance will not GET OUT OF MY WAY and i always end up killing a handful no matter how careful i am

i've been stuck in the glitchy environment several times and just had to sit there and watch my dude die so i could start over

have to start missions over from the beginning if you miss one little thing - there's nothing, and i mean nothing, more frustrating than a game where you can be two seconds away from completing a long mission and then having to do the entire mission over

this game is fun to play at first, but the deeper you get into it the more glaring the flaws become

sup

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2009, 12:21:55 AM »
SF4: Back on this again after a break; in two online tourney on NeoGAF and am setting one up here.  I got back to Championship mode tonight and kicked some ass.  Memorable matches include one against a higher-ranked 13,000 point Seth Player (he beat me down the first match, I barely won the second, and then I came the fuck back and PERFECTED him in the third round!   :lol  Dude signed off immediately after so U KNOW HE MAD) and one against an 8,000 point Guile player who after beating me in the first, let me win in the second (he did nothing), and he barely won the last round.  I taunted him when he did his Ultra and missed; probably shouldn't have done that as I could have gotten him for more damage and won, but I was laughing at this guy struggling to beat me after being all smug before, lol.

I finally got back to Bionic Commando and just am not feeling it.  I think it's going out the door on Tuesday towards Ghostbusters.

Also went and pre-purchased Blaz Blue on 360 (the J version, I'm impatient so I'm getting it like five days earlier than the U.S. release).  I'm beginning to wonder about Red Faction Guerilla now, because if I don't get into the single player more soon, I'll probably never finish it.  It might be going early.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 12:28:01 AM by the lyte edge »
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2009, 12:52:09 AM »
Red Faction is short, if you dont bother with the side missions.
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2009, 01:45:35 AM »

Don't forget to save. I had to replay a whole mission because I'd forgotten about the lack of automatic saves.

I'm quick saving ever so often.

and seriously, :bow Amon Tobin :bow2

the music in mission 3 (the Bank level) set the mood so right

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2009, 02:03:03 AM »

Yar, that were buggy as shit... and still more fun than GTA IV.

Is Vagrant Story on PSP available through the store, or are you playing it on one of those "magic" PSPs?

you can get it from the store I think, but I just torrented it and loaded it onto my magic psp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2009, 02:04:35 AM »
:lol i still havent found the last guerilla mission. this is some grade a bullshit now
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2009, 02:14:27 AM »
YS II DS

It's pretty good so far, the controls are decent (having never played the original) and I'm having fun with it.
©@©™

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2009, 03:35:14 AM »
Hacked a Wii so I'm playing a bunch of pirated games:

Excitebots :bow2
Boom Blox 2 :bow2
EA Sports Active  :-[
FF4 After Years :bow2

Oh god I'm turning into EmCeeGrammar :(

Give me your Excite friend code NERD.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2009, 03:40:52 AM »
Oh, I'm playing Tiger Woods 10 (wii).  I went through the skullfucking shit of 07 and 08 but the wait was worth it.  Its busting apart at the seams with modes and extras and features. I get lost in the menus sometimes.Disc Golf !!!

My nitpick is that there is no quick restart option for the tournament challenge mode.  I'll bogey two holes and know I can't possibly eagle my way to matching the criteria.  So I have to pause-quit-load-reselect-load-view flavor text twenty something times.  Developers seem to always forget something so simple as quick restart or such.
sad

duckman2000

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2009, 04:03:45 AM »
Infamous, just cleared the 2nd island and I think I'm going to take a break for a bit. Might play a couple of missions of Chaos Theory.

Tucah

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
Ys I & II Eternal - I started my nearly yearly playthrough of the series.
FFIV DS - Never got around to it, don't remember what happens in the game so I wanted to play it before I got around to TAY
Super Metroid - Felt like playing it so I put it on my Wii

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
I don't know where to put this but since I'm playing it now, I might as well bitch here.  I'm beginning to understand where people were coming from with regards to Killzone 2 and how short the main character is.  I played the demo several times and the camera's height didn't bother me at all but as I'm progressing through the game I really do feel like some sort of fucking midget holding a gun.  Everytime there's a sequence involving me standing next to some other charcters (the Suljeva Village opening bit is a good example) I'm barely reaching their belts.  It's totally distracting to the point that I keep rechecking to see if my guy is squating.  Why the hell would they make it like that?
Tacos

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
I'm hoping to clock some time on Sacred 2 and Raiden Aces tonight or tomorrow.
fek

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »
replaying red faction on easy for the 104 missions. i am convinced i hit a bug, so i am doing it all over.
fat

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
*plays more Killzone*

Fuck the Dualshock right in the ass.  I HATE that controller.

I just bought one of these off Amazon.  Seems like only downside is that you can't turn the PS3 on or off with it.  Oh well.

Tacos

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »
Bladerunner 8)
brb

ch1nchilla

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »
I don't know where to put this but since I'm playing it now, I might as well bitch here.  I'm beginning to understand where people were coming from with regards to Killzone 2 and how short the main character is.  I played the demo several times and the camera's height didn't bother me at all but as I'm progressing through the game I really do feel like some sort of fucking midget holding a gun.  Everytime there's a sequence involving me standing next to some other charcters (the Suljeva Village opening bit is a good example) I'm barely reaching their belts.  It's totally distracting to the point that I keep rechecking to see if my guy is squating.  Why the hell would they make it like that?

I noticed this almost immediately with the demo, and it seriously barred me from enjoying the game as much as I would have otherwise (that, and the janky controls). Patch?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »
Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2009, 11:53:22 PM »
replaying red faction on easy for the 104 missions. i am convinced i hit a bug, so i am doing it all over.

Christ. You're scaring me, demi. My copy will arrive next week, and you're outlining the nightmare scenario for completionists.

Played some HULK on Saturday, re-did a mission SIX TIMES which had an Achievement-unlocking win condition: finish mission without touching the ground. Maybe seven or eight playthroughs total, because Rick Jones is a little bitch who can't fly a chopper so good. Finally had to check a FAQ to find out that the last jump has to be made in one try, so it's not so much "don't touch the ground" as "don't touch the ground until we tell you you can, and then do it in a way that we don't fucking bother to explain to you, because the parameter's not in effect during the bulk of the mission."

I want to take an industrial stapler to the game designers at Edge of Reality.

Played some UFC with peeps that showed up for a barbecue yesterday. Game is fun to watch unskilled players go against each other; playing skilled against newb? Not so much.

Got some Mercs 2 in with Scenester (*waves*) and am pretty sure it's as-or-more buggy than Saints Row 2. I piloted and he destroyed about 10% of the map and didn't manage to rack up "200 objects destroyed" for the Nothin' But a Good Time Achievement. Things a-sploded pretty nicely though.

Bebpo

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2009, 01:22:07 AM »
still playing:

Infamous
&
KH DS

Luckily I'm at endgame in Infamous and should finish it this week.  Then I'll just play Burnout Paradise for a while casually.  KH DS will probably still take me another 2-4 weeks.  Just in time for DRAGON FUCKING QUEST IX!!!!! on July 11th :D

Bebpo

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2009, 01:23:54 AM »
Maybe it's because I'm getting old or that I just don't enjoy gaming that much anymore, but it seems like it takes me about a month per one console + one handheld game (I only play handheld games in 20-30 min timespans in the bathroom).

Then again I don't think it has anything to do with gaming because it takes me a month to get through a book as well. 

I'm just getting slow at life :\

ch1nchilla

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »
Rented Killzone 2 like a bitch ass ho, mostly because I've been playing too many RPGs lately and I wanted something fast-paced. It's entertaining so far, still cannot get over the fucking height issue, but I'm enjoying the controls and the graphics are  :o.

Also getting hammered, because work tomorrow is going to suck and I want a good night's rest.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2009, 01:49:02 AM »
Really? Drinking keeps me from sleeping decently. I mean, YMMV and all, but I tend to wake up earlier. With a hangover. I tend not to drink to excess frequently, because of this.

ch1nchilla

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2009, 01:55:37 AM »
Really? Drinking keeps me from sleeping decently. I mean, YMMV and all, but I tend to wake up earlier. With a hangover. I tend not to drink to excess frequently, because of this.

I sleep like a rock when drunk, plus the hangover probably won't be anything that Advil and plenty of water can't take care of. Plus right now (summer job), I'm working construction, so everyone else will know what's going on.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2009, 02:36:58 AM »
Finished Killzone 2.

It may take me some more time to reflect on the whole game to give an accurate assessment but that last push on the Vasari palace really fucking soured my opinion of it.  Sure it looked balls out brilliant but it eclipsed COD in the ridiculous monster closet department during that section.  I couldn't even imagine trying (or even wanting to try) to attempt it on a higher difficulty level.  I'm also not a big fan of "boss" fights in my FPS but thankfully Killzone really only had 2 that I can recall (the ATAC and the last guy) - I just would've preferred that they weren't there at all.  Still not a fan of the way the game controls either - it reminded me of some clunky ass console FPS from 1999.  It just doesn't feel natural at all, imo.  And the story.....just dumb.  Not that I usually give a shit about the plot in my murder sims anyway, but it would've been nice to have one (1) likeable character in the game.

Other than that though, I had a pretty good time.  Some of the set piece battles were freakin' jaw dropping with some of the most amazing visuals I've ever seen on a console.  With all the tracers, smoke, fire, explosions, etc. they really made you feel like you were part of an actual fight.  It may not have been all that it was hyped up to be but it still turned out to be one of the better FPS of the last couple of years.
Tacos

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2009, 02:43:57 AM »
I sleep like a rock when drunk, plus the hangover probably won't be anything that Advil and plenty of water can't take care of. Plus right now (summer job), I'm working construction, so everyone else will know what's going on.

Kewl. I don't know if there's any bad interaction between ibuprofen and alky-holl, but beware acetaminophen in conjunction with alcohol. There's a lot of evidence pointing to alcohol's ability to enhance acetaminophen's inherent tendency to mess with your liver.

On-topic: I played some more Pac-Man C.E. over the weekend. It's stunning how the design changes have made the game both relevant and interesting all over again. It's another one of those rare games that's actually fun to watch other people play. It's so suspenseful.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:46:32 AM by chronovore »

ch1nchilla

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2009, 02:46:55 AM »
Finished Killzone 2.

It may take me some more time to reflect on the whole game to give an accurate assessment but that last push on the Vasari palace really fucking soured my opinion of it.  Sure it looked balls out brilliant but it eclipsed COD in the ridiculous monster closet department during that section.  I couldn't even imagine trying (or even wanting to try) to attempt it on a higher difficulty level.  I'm also not a big fan of "boss" fights in my FPS but thankfully Killzone really only had 2 that I can recall (the ATAC and the last guy) - I just would've preferred that they weren't there at all.  Still not a fan of the way the game controls either - it reminded me of some clunky ass console FPS from 1999.  It just doesn't feel natural at all, imo.  And the story.....just dumb.  Not that I usually give a shit about the plot in my murder sims anyway, but it would've been nice to have one (1) likeable character in the game.

Other than that though, I had a pretty good time.  Some of the set piece battles were freakin' jaw dropping with some of the most amazing visuals I've ever seen on a console.  With all the tracers, smoke, fire, explosions, etc. they really made you feel like you were part of an actual fight.  It may not have been all that it was hyped up to be but it still turned out to be one of the better FPS of the last couple of years.

How long did it take you? And what control settings were you using?

Rman

« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2009, 02:56:22 AM »
Maybe it's because I'm getting old or that I just don't enjoy gaming that much anymore, but it seems like it takes me about a month per one console + one handheld game (I only play handheld games in 20-30 min timespans in the bathroom).

Then again I don't think it has anything to do with gaming because it takes me a month to get through a book as well. 

I'm just getting slow at life :\
I know what you mean.