Author Topic: Beatles: Rock Band :hyper  (Read 15278 times)

Bebpo

Re: Beatles: Rock Band :hyper
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:12 AM »
I can't multi-task :X

Bebpo

« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2009, 03:55:28 AM »
I tried sticking the mic in my shirt and doing both.  I can pass songs but uhhh barely on 3 stars.  I can't pay attention to the lyrics/pitch meter and the guitar notes at the same time :X  I'm sorta tone-deaf so I need the pitch meter to follow or else I fail out.  Plus I don't know the lyrics by heart for most songs.  Think I will stick to one instrument at a time for now!

Bebpo

« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2009, 06:52:43 AM »
played through the story mode in one sitting cause I'm going to be gone most of tomorrow and didn't want to miss the day tripper achievement.

Once the story mode got to the abbey's road studio the game really picked up.  Having song specific music videos is sooooo good and makes the game worth every bit of the admission price.  Some really cool stages.  The final area was well done too.  yay

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »
most of the songs in the final tier aren't really fun. they're the kind of songs that aren't hard but really annoying.

nat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »
I unlocked Yoko Ono and all my other Xbox games stopped working

cool breeze

« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »
most of the songs in the final tier aren't really fun. they're the kind of songs that aren't hard but really annoying.

A lot of them last too long.  I Me Mine and I've Got a Feeling are still great.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
How could you forget Dig a Pony and Don't Let Me Down  :o

I love the last two sets, they have my favorite songs in them.  And a lot are genuinely hard.

For those looking for a bit more challenge guitar-wise: PLAY THE BASS CAREER.  Seriously, this is the RB/GH game that has an awesome bass portion for most of the songs, and a lot of them are very difficult.
püp

archie4208

« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2009, 02:42:52 PM »
:bow Paul :bow2

Such an underrated bassist.

cool breeze

« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »
yeah, I'm playing through bass now to 5 star all songs to unlock pictures and videos (which are really interesting) and it's harder than expected.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2009, 04:26:57 PM »
I didn't even realize While My Guitar Gently Weeps was in this game. Love that song. it's the first Beatles song that I've listened to and thought "I like this. I would listen to this in my own time". Only a few other songs on this track list that I can say that about really.
nat

cool breeze

« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »
That's because George Harrison is a champ.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »
Harrison has always been my favorite Beatle.
püp

cool breeze

« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2009, 05:01:26 PM »
I might agree.  A lot of my favorite Beatles songs are his, which is crazy since he didn't that many.

A bit random, but my dad like Ringo the best.  He showed me old pictures and he used to dress and style his hair like him.  I always thought that was hilarious.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:03:32 PM by swaggaz »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2009, 08:22:57 PM »
Ringo is fuckin' creepy in this game. Sitting back there with that smile.
nat

DJ_Tet

« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
Yeah Ringo makes me laugh everytime they show him in this game.  That toothy smile and nose is just too much.
TIT

cool breeze

« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2009, 09:47:57 PM »
they did a good job at capturing him then

The only weird one is Paul.  Sometimes, like when he wiggles his head, it just creepy.

« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2009, 05:34:10 AM »
Man Night was a huge success! We played through the entire game in one session with everyone trading off (guitar, bass, drums and three microphones), so much fun.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2009, 07:41:41 PM »
oh man, it's so awesome to actually sing in Rock Band and do relatively well on hard. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2009, 08:12:06 PM »
I unlocked Yoko Ono and all my other Xbox games stopped working

This cost me a mouthful of breakfast cereal.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
Smh I hate this game, it's made people act like Hey Bulldog wasn't a hidden gem from Paul and John that was hidden throughout the Beatles archives throughout the years only to be shit on from this terrible developer (who is the developer? Neversoft?).
USA

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #260 on: September 16, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »
isn't it still harmonix, same as usual?

smh
itm

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2009, 12:51:02 AM »
Game of forever.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »
Mine arrived today; played the first several chapters tonight. It's pretty fun!

The opening movie for the game is really cool, between the Gorillaz CG/cell combinations, and something about the way scenes transition. I wonder if the same animation house did them.

Photo unlocks with trivia text are surprisingly cool. I got distracted reading through a bunch of them when I should have been playing my way through more songs for the Day Tripper 'cheev.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2009, 02:51:59 AM »
I almost bought some Oasis songs on Rock Band DLC the other day, but now that the The Beatles: Rock Band has arrived, I can just play the originals. :teehee

pilonv1

« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2009, 02:58:15 AM »
I'm getting my copy today too. It's been a long two week wait.
itm

« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2009, 12:25:58 PM »
Whoops, wrong RB thread.
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »
MAN! I saw a distantmantra post in the Beatles thread, and thought there would be new DLC for the darned thing. When is the new stuff coming out, anyway? Does anyone know what will be first?

Or, "next" I guess. Not first -- Yeah, I know about All You Need is Love already being available.

archie4208

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
Abbey Road is 10/20, the same day as the Queen pack.  Good jon timing that out, Harmonix.

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2009, 08:28:55 PM »
Abbey Road is 10/20, the same day as the Queen pack.  Good jon timing that out, Harmonix.

Does that poor bastard at GAF know what he started over on the Bore? :lol
野球

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2009, 08:33:06 PM »
GAF is dumb. XShag is the most annoying tool in the history of message boards.
USA

cool breeze

« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »

I'm gonna need to pick up a lot of MS points  :'(

pilonv1

« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2009, 02:04:05 AM »

Queen are shit anyway
itm

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2009, 02:10:03 AM »

Queen are shit anyway

Get out
🍆🍆

pilonv1

« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2009, 02:16:41 AM »
Make me.

Beatles > Queen
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
I wouldn't touch that equation, but it doesn't mean Queen sucks. It just means a million-zillion is less than infinity.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
WORSHIP MY MATH.
[close]

pilonv1

« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2009, 09:07:23 AM »
no it means queen sucks.
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »
Heathen.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
Are any of you guys playing online much? It'd be great if any of you need a singer; on most of the songs I can get over 90% on Expert, 95%+ on Hard. (There are a few songs I absolutely suck at though.) Is anyone is interested in working together to get the Gold Star achievements?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #278 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
I have it on 360 and refuse to pay for online so no.

I'm probably the biggest Beatles fan ever, but I have to say, I feel kinda ripped off with this game. I beat it in a week, and there wasn't nearly enough bonus materials in the game.
USA

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2009, 11:33:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure that appeasing or pleasing the hardcore Beatles fan is a lost cause from the outset. They were probably trying to make something with more mainstream appeal, and in that they've succeeded.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:01 AM »
Reading the wikipedia article on B:RB, it appears that both Activision and MTV/Harmonix were simultaneously pursuing the Beatles' catalog of music. I've only played GH2 and GH3 since most people here scared me off from buying GH:WT, and I've not tried GH5's demo. But the statement left me wondering, what would Guitar Hero: The Beatles be like? What would be different?

Or would it just never have come out, with Activision's legal dept. and Apple Corp's and Viacom's departments never being able to see eye-to-eye?

pilonv1

« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »
Or would it just never have come out, with Activision's legal dept. and Apple Corp's and Viacom's departments never being able to see eye-to-eye?

I think Apple Corps will be feeling very good with their decision.

I want From Me To You in this game.
itm

archie4208

« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
Reading the wikipedia article on B:RB, it appears that both Activision and MTV/Harmonix were simultaneously pursuing the Beatles' catalog of music. I've only played GH2 and GH3 since most people here scared me off from buying GH:WT, and I've not tried GH5's demo. But the statement left me wondering, what would Guitar Hero: The Beatles be like? What would be different?

A little bit like this:

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
That was pretty spiffy.  :lol

« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »
Chrono, have you seen imported copies of Beatles RB in Japan? How much are they going for?
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2009, 08:10:18 PM »
I saw ads for it at the import shop in Nipponbashi, but it had no price listed. I was stunned to see it plays on Japanese xboxen, as RB1 and 2 do not play on Japanese units. When I checked this morning, there is an Asian version which plays on all consoles, and is the usual 10 bucks cheaper than the US version.

So, I could have paid less and had it 3 weeks earlier. I'm not a happy consumer this morning.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2009, 10:55:45 PM »
Looking at the wiki, Abbey Road is 1360 MSP for the album, or 160 MSP per track. But Abbey Road consists of only 8 additional tracks, so that's 170 MSP each. It costs MORE to buy it as a pack than individually?

The footnote says it's part of the "medley" which is "part of the full album purchase" - maybe they're offering a 16-minute track including all the medley bits? I don't get it.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:28 PM »
With this month's NPD figures showing that Harmonix's The Beatles: Rock Band outsold Neversoft's Guitar Hero V, Beatles publisher MTV Games wants to set the record straight on some misconceptions about music games and the Activision/MTV battle.

"We outsold them two-to-one on a revenue basis and we outperformed on a unit basis as well, despite the fact that they had an eight-day advantage, and were giving away free software," said MTV Games general manager Scott Guthrie to Gamasutra, referencing Activision's offer of a free copy of Van Halen with Guitar Hero V. "At the end of the day, The Beatles: Rock Band clearly outperformed them, and we're not done yet. We're anticipating a very successful holiday period."

The Beatles outsold Guitar Hero V by about 20 percent on a unit basis, according to further NPD data sourced by IndustryGamers, but Guthrie's claim to Gamasutra of doubled revenue suggests Beatles consumers may have been willing to spend more on the game's multi-instrument bundle -- suggesting in turn that the game may have attracted more new consumers who don't already have plastic instruments in their home.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25708

pilonv1

« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2009, 11:21:35 PM »
Looking at the wiki, Abbey Road is 1360 MSP for the album, or 160 MSP per track. But Abbey Road consists of only 8 additional tracks, so that's 170 MSP each. It costs MORE to buy it as a pack than individually?

The footnote says it's part of the "medley" which is "part of the full album purchase" - maybe they're offering a 16-minute track including all the medley bits? I don't get it.

I'm guessing the 16 minute medley is classed as a 9th track.
itm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »
I bought this today and played it for about an hour this evening with the 'rents. :rock
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2009, 01:15:01 AM »
I bought this today and played it for about an hour this evening with the 'rents. :rock

Start calling your parents by their Beatles name. Calling your mom or dad "Ringo" is the best.

Bebpo

« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2009, 01:17:16 AM »
I'll be curious to see if the DLC album has any song-specific visuals accompanying it like the main game does for the studio sessions.  It's more work for harmonix, but I'd be far more interested in grabbing the albums if they do.  The visuals in the studio songs were my favorite part of the game.

archie4208

« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2009, 01:18:32 AM »
I'll be curious to see if the DLC album has any song-specific visuals accompanying it like the main game does for the studio sessions.  It's more work for harmonix, but I'd be far more interested in grabbing the albums if they do.  The visuals in the studio songs were my favorite part of the game.

It is actually confirmed that DLC will get their own dreamscapes.

Bebpo

« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »
oh awesome.  Getting this and the other albums for sure then :)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2009, 07:09:18 AM »

It is actually confirmed that DLC will get their own dreamscapes.

Yeah, the Harmonix crew did a stellar job making ideal Beatles fantasy worlds. I really like the pagoda-balloon for Sgt. Pepper's dreamscape.

IIRC the opening movie was done by MK12, the geniuses behind the opening sequence graphics for Quantum of Solace and the majestic entirety of ULTRA-LOVE NINJA.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »
Caved. Bought Abbey Road, as it said "Nine tracks" -- and listed the exclusions from the main disc. Will play in the morning, since I'm falling asleep on my keyboard. Zzzzzzzz~.

cool breeze

« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »
Most of abbey road is pretty boring on guitar.  Her Majesty is probably the most entertaining song not already in the game.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2009, 10:24:12 PM »
I'm a crooner, baby. There isn't a song on Abbey Road that I haven't already worn to death IN THE SHOWER. As for boring guitar songs, I may actually be able to play those. On RB1 I can barely pass "nightmare" songs on Hard, and Expert is autofail territory. Bring on the simple guitar songs!

archie4208

« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:20 PM »
Are you a bad enough dude to play Her Majesty on BASS?

« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2009, 01:12:40 AM »
Most of abbey road is pretty boring on guitar.  Her Majesty is probably the most entertaining song not already in the game.

I sing and play guitar at the same time, so I don't find anything very boring.
野球