Author Topic: TRON THREAD OMG - Tron 3 teaser footage on Tron Legacy Blu-Ray! [OMFG]  (Read 49115 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: TRON THREAD OMG - New Daft Punk video (Tron Joust!) [OMFG]
« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2010, 01:49:18 PM »
lol, that article is so fail. Tron is super cool because it has less words and more edits on Wiki? Well I'm convinced.
fat

« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
That was a really dumb article.
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »
this is starting to remind me of the Lost S6 thread

« Reply #544 on: December 18, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »
I'm going to see it with a buddy on Monday afternoon. Don't have high expectations or anything, just want something cool to look at and listen to.
野球

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #545 on: December 18, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »
That article  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #546 on: December 18, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »
Tron fans quickly went from "OMG this movie is going to amazing." to "OMG if have some nostalgia for the first movie you may be able to tolerate the insults to your intelligence for 2 hours." Good jon guys!

Thanks! :rock
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2010, 08:54:58 PM »
Tron fans quickly went from "OMG this movie is going to amazing." to "OMG if have some nostalgia for the first movie you may be able to tolerate the insults to your intelligence for 2 hours." Good jon guys!

It's a very divisive movie, like The Last Temptation of Christ and I Am Curious (Yellow).
©@©™

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #548 on: December 19, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »
Are you really comparing this to the magnificent work of art that is The Last Temptation of Christ? smh.
Drunk

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2010, 03:36:26 AM »
Just watched the movie and I'm really confused because I'm really not sure what was so bad about it.  The audio/visual side was obviously impressive but the story wasn't offensive or full of holes as far as I could see.  It wasn't anything ambitious, but it wasn't full of filler and horrible exposition like Avatar for example.  I went into this not knowing anything about the first movie other then that it involved going into a computer somehow but maybe it's a lot different than that and fails to live up to expectations somehow?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #550 on: December 19, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »
Just watched the movie and I'm really confused because I'm really not sure what was so bad about it.  The audio/visual side was obviously impressive but the story wasn't offensive or full of holes as far as I could see.  It wasn't anything ambitious, but it wasn't full of filler and horrible exposition like Avatar for example.  I went into this not knowing anything about the first movie other then that it involved going into a computer somehow but maybe it's a lot different than that and fails to live up to expectations somehow?

The original Tron was a bit more cheesy, adventurous, and simplistic [in story and themes], but it was still basically just a guy getting sucked into a computer and being chased by/ultimately defeating a bunch of evil programs.
dog

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #551 on: December 19, 2010, 06:15:10 PM »
Yeah the second half of this movie sort of made me roll my eyes, even the music became all somber and generic movie score like. Everything else about it pre-digital genocide was fantastic though. Shit, it would have been awesome if it went all noir like and Flynn's son explored the digital realm. Also, movie was worth it for an autistic Olivia Wilde  :-[
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:17:46 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #552 on: December 19, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
The only possible reason I can see for making a Tron sequel is to use it as a vehicle for making a bunch of surreptitious sly computer science and CG in-jokes and references. Like, slip in recreations of images from a bunch of classic 80s SIGGRAPH papers or something. Is there anything like that?
QED

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #553 on: December 19, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »
The only possible reason I can see for making a Tron sequel is to use it as a vehicle for making a bunch of surreptitious sly computer science and CG in-jokes and references. Like, slip in recreations of images from a bunch of classic 80s SIGGRAPH papers or something. Is there anything like that?

No, but it does prominently feature a song by Journey, if that helps.
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #554 on: December 19, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
I loved that Arcade scene. But yes, I agree about using it as a I Love the 80's: The Movie.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #555 on: December 19, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »

It's got a reference to Wargames, if that helps.
dog

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #556 on: December 19, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Not the same thing AT ALL  >:(
QED

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #557 on: December 19, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »
Okay, one of the programs is named "Zuse", most likely in reference to Konrad Zuse.
dog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
the monolith tron 2.0 game was better about geek in-jokes -- door keyslots were called "i/o completion ports," for example
duc

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »
Why are people hyping this up?  Even the original was nothing special and it was far from a big hit. 

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #560 on: December 20, 2010, 01:16:35 AM »
Went in expecting fucking cool visuals and a 'eh' story. Pretty much got both. Nerds will eat this shit up.
Hi

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #561 on: December 20, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »
And boy did I eat it up

Om nom nom nom nom

The funny thing about all the nerds saying "Let us just enjoy Tron for what it is!" are a lot of the same people who were in the pitchfork mob against Transformers when the defenders were saying the same thing. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #562 on: December 20, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
The funny thing about all the nerds saying "Let us just enjoy Tron for what it is!" are a lot of the same people who were in the pitchfork mob against Transformers when the defenders were saying the same thing. 

Yeah, I know. :fbm

But I'm not going to defend Tron Legacy though, not too vigorously anyway. It scratched an itch I had, so I really enjoyed it. A lot of people won't.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #563 on: December 20, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
Don't worry.

Tron >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Transformers

I'm seeing Tron again this weekend. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #564 on: December 20, 2010, 11:45:58 AM »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Flynn Lives - TRAILER OUT AND OWNS YOUR FACE
« Reply #565 on: December 20, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
the day after its release, the boards general consensus will be one of a polar opposite.

Was I right or was I right?

EB, you're so predictable.

The only people here who are really down on it are Diunx [who's been bashing it since March] and Van Cruncheon [who is old and curmudgeonly].
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #566 on: December 20, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »
Can I have Gem and Quorra at the same time?  Yes, please.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #567 on: December 20, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »
More for me then.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »
Her voice was sexy. But yeah, Olivia Wilde stole the show for me. Those eyes  :-* and the mild distinguished mentally-challenged was endearing. SUNSHINE! *Smiles, goofily, and buries her head into my back*

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
There were a lot of things that weren't really explained about the isomorphs though.  Like why are they "perfect"?  Why would they be able to change humanity?  Is it just that they give humanity a chance to see some new being formed and understand it's creation and whatnot?  I think the writers genuinely forgot about all that.

And I don't really get what would happen when Clu takes the army out of the program.  Would they still have their armor or weapons or anything?  I'd imagine they would have regular human bodies which makes feeding them and providing shelter and all that a bit of a challenge for an army of that size.  Maybe they'd just cause a boom in hobo statistics?  Another thing I think the writers probably forgot to handle.

Neither thing really hurts it though since the story is not really what you watch it for.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
yeah jesus was that stupid.  needed some fucking exposition there. 
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #571 on: December 20, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »
There were a lot of things that weren't really explained about the isomorphs though.  Like why are they "perfect"?  Why would they be able to change humanity?  Is it just that they give humanity a chance to see some new being formed and understand it's creation and whatnot?  I think the writers genuinely forgot about all that.

And I don't really get what would happen when Clu takes the army out of the program.  Would they still have their armor or weapons or anything?  I'd imagine they would have regular human bodies which makes feeding them and providing shelter and all that a bit of a challenge for an army of that size.  Maybe they'd just cause a boom in hobo statistics?  Another thing I think the writers probably forgot to handle.

Neither thing really hurts it though since the story is not really what you watch it for.
i don't think anyone really cares.  I certainly don't :lol 

she's super advanced and evolving and would somehow cure all diseases with her genetic structure.

dude is evil and wants to take over the world, gotta stop him.

That's really all i need to know. 

Tron was never evil.  He was just waiting for the right time to fight back and be of some use.  lulz.  dunno.  like the above, don't care.  more Zuse club and daft punk, please.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #572 on: December 20, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
Never evil?  Wut.  :lol
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #573 on: December 20, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »
keep your friends close, and your enemies closer

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i'm bullshitting obviously.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #574 on: December 20, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »
Well, presumably the same thing happened to Tron that was being done to all the other programs [i.e. marching them off to some kind of brainwashing facility that turns them into mindless drones]. Meeting Flynn again face-to-face jarred something loose and he was able to fight back against the brainwashing, eventually turning back to his original blue as he slowly drowns.
dog

Beardo

« Reply #575 on: December 20, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
Movie was really fun and enjoyable. The end was a little anti-climactic though.

Also, are we supposed to be scared of an army of Tron people coming into the real world? Doesn't seem all that scary.

Beardo

« Reply #576 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »
There were a lot of things that weren't really explained about the isomorphs though.  Like why are they "perfect"?  Why would they be able to change humanity?

To me they came across as "Stem-cells" for computers thought. Like A.I. that can be applied to anything.

« Reply #577 on: December 20, 2010, 06:07:10 PM »
Saw it in 3D. It was fun and absolutely beautiful to look at. That's about it.

Michael Sheen was awesome aping Aladdin Sane era Bowie.
野球

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #578 on: December 20, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »

Faggy kid still bled when in computer world, so maybe computer guys would be super robo in blood world

« Reply #579 on: December 20, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »

I figured it was just a metaphor for information needing to be free and uncontrolled.

Isomorphs... ISOs... you know.
野球

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #580 on: December 20, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »

Check out the GAF thread. It hurts my head.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #581 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »

Check out the GAF thread. It hurts my head.

Yeah, but ever GAF thread will do that.
dog

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #582 on: December 23, 2010, 01:02:09 AM »
the movie was awesome until the story started.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #584 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
SEQUEL!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48054

Just for the record, Cars, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Aladdin etc etc all got sequels too. DID ANYONE GIVE A SHIT?
Toy Story is about the only Disney movie that has had sequels at the box office.

Pirates of the Caribbean?
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #585 on: January 13, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
SEQUEL!

Just for the record, Cars, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Aladdin etc etc all got sequels too. DID ANYONE GIVE A SHIT?
Toy Story is about the only Disney movie that has had sequels at the box office.

Herbie the Love Bug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
SEQUEL!

Herbie the Love Bug

Tron
dog

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Re: TRON THREAD OMG - Sequel incoming! [OMFG]
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
And he mentioned the Cars sequel not being in theaters. It is, in June. The Peter Pan cheapquel was a theatrical release too. Rescuers as well. Not to mention Monsters, Inc 2 next year.

Yea and two Pirates sequels so far with three more on the way.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
Jungle Book 2 was in theaters as well, and Disney also released the two National Treasure movies, Princess Dairies movies, High School Musical movies, two of the Narnia movies, The Santa Clause movies, ect.
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #589 on: January 22, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48194
I was contacted by someone that worked on the shoot for this DVD Extra.   That this person's experience on set gave him, it will be made up of at least 3 scenes.

One includes Bruce Boxleitner (as Alan) and Dan Shor (as Ram).   Turns out that "Ram" was apparently running the FLYNN LIVES campaign and he's frantically destroying all of that data and files, as Alan confronts him.   Dan apparently utters the line, "Why did Kevin give you the cool name" - which means to my way of thinking that after Flynn came out of the Grid, he sought out the human soul of Ram and befriended him and started calling him RAM - you know - some geek that wrote that Actuarial Program that helped people plan for the future.   I sorta love that.   And love that the kindness Flynn showed this lowly geek, apparently created a gung ho champion for the life and memory of Kevin Flynn.   

Another has Quora showing up to ENCOM and getting acousted by the press because she's riding Sam's Ducati - and states that she just spoke with Kevin Flynn, yesterday!   

The last scene that was shot in this mini-shoot involved text screens where you see the Father & Son...  The Dillingers stating that everything is going as planned.   

That particular bit has me giddy beyond fucking words.

Now how do I know this is true?  I've got the call sheets, location maps...  oh, and these

CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: TRON THREAD OMG - Tron 3 teaser footage on Tron Legacy Blu-Ray! [OMFG]
« Reply #590 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:18 PM »
Very nice!
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #591 on: January 22, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
Bringing back RAM is fucking awesome. The Dillinger bit too.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #592 on: January 22, 2011, 08:55:19 PM »
Bringing back RAM is fucking awesome. The Dillinger bit too.

Better be David Warner or NO SALE!
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #593 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
It says the Dillinger scene is just text of him and his son talking.
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: January 22, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »
It says the Dillinger scene is just text of him and his son talking.

:'(
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #595 on: February 03, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
CBG

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #596 on: February 03, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
It was a fun ride, although the kid was kind of dingus.
dog

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #597 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:56 PM »
SEQUEL!

Herbie the Love Bug

Tron
The ownage... :rofl

cool breeze

« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »
Tron 3 teaser stuff (spoilers for Tron Legacy)
[youtube=560,345]GaodH483Ako[/youtube]

I really hope all this shit is a giant joke on Apple fans and Steve Jobs.

Also, Tron Legacy wasn't very good.  Yes.

cool breeze

« Reply #599 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:49 PM »
apparently the Tron Legacy R3CONFIGUR3D album has leaked (official release is early April?)