Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2046970 times)

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #1200 on: July 28, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
Just watched the trailer on youtube.  It does look pretty good.
WTF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1201 on: July 28, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »
AMC (Mad Men / Breaking Bad) so no F-bombs or nudity, but iirc they're free to show at least the same level of violence as the books.
Didn't the first episode of Breaking Bad have some blurred out boobs?

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1202 on: July 29, 2010, 02:30:53 AM »
Over the past couple of days I've moved through the 9th season of Smallville and the 2nd season of Dexter.  Smallville was eh.  I look forward to the last season, just to see how it ends, but I doubt I'll be tuning in to watch it every week.

2nd season of Dexter was awesome!  I can't wait to start the third.
WTF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1203 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32:02 AM »
omg the Hyundai product placement in Burn Notice is so shameless I love it.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1204 on: July 30, 2010, 02:43:19 AM »
WTF is up with that show being so damned good and me not noticing it before now?
WTF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1205 on: July 30, 2010, 03:21:48 AM »
yeah, it's a fun show and it keeps getting better every season.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #1206 on: July 30, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »
They could wear Hyundai hats and sports jackets - I'd still watch it.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1207 on: July 30, 2010, 11:31:32 AM »
The only thing that bothers me is that when Heroes came out, it was a pretty solid show.  But they did all the product placement crap for Nissan and it got old, quick.  I think that was what made me notice how crappy the rest of the show was getting.

I don't want Burn Notice to share that fate.  Let Bruce Campbell go unemployed no longer!
WTF

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1208 on: July 31, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »
Stringer Bell: "That's good. That's like a 40-degree day. Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. Fifty. Bring a smile to your face. Sixty, shit, niccas is damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker. Go down to 20, niccas get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining. But forty? Nobody give a fuck about 40. Nobody remember 40, and y'all niccas is giving me way too many 40-degree days! What the fuck?"

:lol :bow
:9

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #1209 on: August 01, 2010, 01:19:17 AM »
I love how he delivers the "what the fuck" :lol
Drunk

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1210 on: August 01, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »
Man, McNulty's digging up of Devon's situation and the exchange between Devon's Mom and McNulty is why this show is so good. It feels like one long thread, shit form Season 1 is still relevant now.

cool breeze

« Reply #1211 on: August 01, 2010, 11:52:06 PM »
does anyone else here watch Top Gear?

Jeff Goldblum is on the latest episode and it's amazing.  I'm now convinced that his roles in Jurassic Park and Independence Day were just him ad-libbing on set. 

He did the entire lap in third gear and keeps complaining that he wishes the car was faster  :lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:55:24 PM by Linkzg »

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1212 on: August 02, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »
I've watched it a couple of times.  The last time I caught Top Gear, they had a guy named Seasick Steve who is one of my favorite singers.  He made a guitar out of the car they all hate.
WTF

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1213 on: August 02, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »
Jeff Goldblum is on the latest episode and it's amazing.  I'm now convinced that his roles in Jurassic Park and Independence Day were just him ad-libbing on set. 

He's the same way in the Fly. the guy was born a neurotic scientist

Been watching the State on netflix.  The show is way better than I remember it.  Some of the episodes are flat out amazing...I guess that's why pretty much everyone on the show has had a pretty decent career after.

Diunx

« Reply #1214 on: August 02, 2010, 10:50:56 PM »
New season of True Blood started slow but the show got back to being awesome over the past few weeks, the ultraviolence is fucking delicious :rock
Drunk

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1215 on: August 02, 2010, 11:49:11 PM »
New season of True Blood started slow but the show got back to being awesome over the past few weeks, the ultraviolence is fucking delicious :rock

So this show is actually good vampire shit?  this girl has been telling me about it a lot recently and i've just been writing it off as a Twilight cash-in...

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #1216 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
All my guy friends and husband watch it. It's gory and there are titties. I usually will watch it with my husband, and it's entertaining. I know a lot of chicks who watch it too. It transcends genders. Lafayette is the prettiest dude I've ever seen.  :-*

I know we have a Mad Men Season 4 thread, but I haven't wanted to spoiler myself. We started Season 1 last week and are halfway into Season 2. I'm down. It's the only show where I hate almost everybody to the point where I see that Excedrin commercial with Peggy, I yell at the TV and call her a fucking cunt.  :lol
(|)

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1217 on: August 03, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
Sweet, time to feign interest to hang with her more check it out

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1218 on: August 03, 2010, 01:09:03 AM »
Sweet, time to feign interest to hang with her more check it out

:lol
AMC

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1219 on: August 05, 2010, 03:34:47 AM »
http://www.avclub.com/articles/nbc-puts-all-its-fads-in-one-basket-with-zombies-v,43831/

NBC acquired a spec script for a police procedural about a vampire cop that fights zombie crime. The world explodes.
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1220 on: August 05, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
The intro to Season 4 of The Wire > *

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1221 on: August 06, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
Just watched the finale to the 4th season of Dexter.  WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!
WTF

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1222 on: August 06, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
Now watch the trailer and shit more bricks
hi5

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1223 on: August 06, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »
The intro to Season 4 of The Wire > *

[youtube=560,345]4JK8j0KNLl0[/youtube]
:bow

might be best season, but then again S3...cotdamn

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1224 on: August 06, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
Fo' sho'

And Partlow is one cold blooded mother fucker. I mean, Omar is intimidating and shit but Partlow... there's something unsettling about him like there's nothing he wouldn't do. I love the character though. This series rocks so hard.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1225 on: August 07, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »
Just finishing off season 2 of the wire. Got 3 more seasons to watch on my hd  :) Lovin Season 2, feel real bad for D  :'(

Also watchin True Blood religiously as it comes out in America, fffuuu I love this show. Watching Star Trek TNG most mights too, never watched any Star Trek before so my gf and I thought we'd see what the fuss is about, nearing the end of season 3 now, it's pretty good. Really relaxing, they rarely use any of the climactic tropes modern tele uses to bring you back.
◕‿◕

Diunx

« Reply #1226 on: August 07, 2010, 11:41:06 PM »
Season 3 of TB started really slow imo but it has really gained steam in the last few weeks, I hope we get to see some nudity before the finale they have only shown like two pair of tits so far this season.
Drunk

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1227 on: August 10, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
Just finishing off season 2 of the wire. Got 3 more seasons to watch on my hd  :) Lovin Season 2, feel real bad for D  :'(

Also watchin True Blood religiously as it comes out in America, fffuuu I love this show. Watching Star Trek TNG most mights too, never watched any Star Trek before so my gf and I thought we'd see what the fuss is about, nearing the end of season 3 now, it's pretty good. Really relaxing, they rarely use any of the climactic tropes modern tele uses to bring you back.

ST:TNG and DS9 predate the mini-soap-opera trend which was popularized by "24" -- the mandate with Trek is to finish whatever they've started in the 60 minutes they've been given. Well, 44 minutes. I recall hearing that they actually had to fight to make any references to other episodes, to refer to a larger continuity, for fear that it would alienate audiences who watch the show in syndication, where there is no guarantee that the episodes would be shown in a particular order.

As they near the end of the series (7 seasons for Next Gen), there are more and more casual references to earlier happenings in the series, so it's kind of "continuity lite."

Diunx

« Reply #1228 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »
Best episode of season 3 of TB last sunday!

"excuse me your majesty, but there is a were-bitch in your study"

"it's been a long time since I done this"
"a man?"
"a vampire"

:bow Eric :bow2

gay vamp sex :drool
Sookie's cousin :drool :drool
the final scene :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool
Drunk

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1229 on: August 10, 2010, 11:20:26 PM »
Found out that my OnDemand on Charter has all? Five Seasons of Weeds streaming for free. Sheeeit. Is it worth the time?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1230 on: August 10, 2010, 11:24:11 PM »
Still getting through Rome S2; took a break because I was busy. Half way done and it's pretty amazing. What a shame it didn't get more seasons.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1231 on: August 10, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »
Finally finished the first season of Fringe. It's an awesome show, especially after it finally broke free of the monster-a-week trend and started laying down some storyline. The second half of the season is just so much better than the first half. And the last few episodes were SO GOOD.

:bow Fringe :bow2
:piss Lost :piss2

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm glad they got rid of Harris. He was dead weight from the moment he stepped on the show.
[close]
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1232 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:33 PM »
ZOMG if true

The Office‘s short list of possible replacements for Steve Carell just got a little longer.
Sources confirm to me exclusively that producers of the NBC hitcom have quietly reached out to rising comic-actors Danny McBride (the breakout star of HBO’s hilarious Eastbound & Down) and Rhys Darby (late of HBO’s Flight of the Conchords) to gauge their interest in joining the cast later this season.

Office showrunner Paul Lieberstein confirms that they’re “having discussions” about introducing a new salesman into Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch, but he wouldn’t say whether this person was being groomed to necessarily replace Carell’s Michael Scott. “We haven’t settled exactly who will take over,” says Lieberstein, adding that promoting a current staffer to the top job remains a viable option as well. (Coexecutive producer Mindy Kaling recently endorsed Rainn Wilson’s Dwight for the gig.)

Recruiting McBride could prove difficult considering that HBO just renewed Eastbound & Down for a second season. “Danny is very happy on Eastbound & Down,” confirms his spokesperson.

Darby, on the other hand, is a free agent now that HBO has grounded Conchords. Reps for the New Zealand-born funnyman were unavailable for comment.

Thoughts? Can you see McBride or Darby calling the shots on The Office? Sound off below!

:omg
___

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1233 on: August 12, 2010, 08:34:17 AM »
i watched Titan Maximum last night which is a parody of giant robot shows done by the robot chicken guys.

i laughed a few times but it wasn't anything really great.
Tonya

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1234 on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
I can't tell you why, but yesterday I was stuck to my couch watching American Chopper.  I just couldn't get up.  All they kept doing during the commercials was hyping up the new season (Senior vs Junior) and I actually got a little interested in seeing it.  They said it was coming on at 9pm EST.

At 8:45, I put the kiddo to bed, got some popcorn, lit a cigarette, and tuned into discovery.  9pm rolls by and it's some fishing bullshit!  Oh wait, viewers, we forgot to say it's on TLC now. 

Guess who doesn't get TLC in their basic cable package?   :'(

I went to the computer and cried while masturbating to old episodes...
WTF

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1235 on: August 14, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
I finished Arrested Development last night :'(
hi5

Diunx

« Reply #1236 on: August 14, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
Don't worry man there's a movie coming up.

:'( :'( :'(
[close]
Drunk

Dickie Dee

« Reply #1237 on: August 14, 2010, 07:14:54 PM »
I can't tell you why, but yesterday I was stuck to my couch watching American Chopper.  I just couldn't get up.  All they kept doing during the commercials was hyping up the new season (Senior vs Junior) and I actually got a little interested in seeing it.  They said it was coming on at 9pm EST.

At 8:45, I put the kiddo to bed, got some popcorn, lit a cigarette, and tuned into discovery.  9pm rolls by and it's some fishing bullshit!  Oh wait, viewers, we forgot to say it's on TLC now. 

Guess who doesn't get TLC in their basic cable package?   :'(

I went to the computer and cried while masturbating to old episodes...

AC is one of my guilty pleasures too. I think the episode is up on torrent sites btw.
___

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1238 on: August 15, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »
I watched it yesterday on one of those streaming "free tv" sites.  Not too bad, but nothing really happened.
WTF

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1239 on: August 16, 2010, 02:06:26 AM »
Oh man, I'm in love with the Israeli woman from Season 2 of Weeds (Meital Dohan)

[youtube=560,345]2vLOefG6EbQ[/youtube]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1240 on: August 17, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »
Finally finished the first season of Fringe. It's an awesome show, especially after it finally broke free of the monster-a-week trend and started laying down some storyline. The second half of the season is just so much better than the first half. And the last few episodes were SO GOOD.

:bow Fringe :bow2
:piss Lost :piss2

I'm glad they got rid of Harris. He was dead weight from the moment he stepped on the show.
[close]
Show gets even better in Season 2. I'm jonesing during the wait for Season 3 to start. Pretty soon now, I think...?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1241 on: August 17, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
i watched Titan Maximum last night which is a parody of giant robot shows done by the robot chicken guys.

i laughed a few times but it wasn't anything really great.
That's kind of a relief. I thought about buying a copy of the DVD during my trip, realized I hadn't even HEARD of it, and decided to hold off.

If I could find that mid-'80s parody-dubbed sentai heroes, "DYNA MAN," then I'd be really happy. I assume the rights reverted before DVD ever came out, because I've rarely met people who saw it.
[youtube=560,345]T36xo2ZADh8&[/youtube]

naff

« Reply #1242 on: August 18, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »
Fffuuuu. True Blood is ssooo good at the moment :bow Russell Edgington. Don't see much talk about it round here. Ain't your average vamp show, TB is solid.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
[close]
◕‿◕

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #1243 on: August 18, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »
I've never seen an ep of True Blood but this is pretty nifty:

:nsfw

[close]
dap

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1244 on: August 18, 2010, 02:39:26 PM »
Someone cut through the BS on True Blood for me, I always thought it was a generic Twilighty vampires in love crap of a show, but there are people I've heard a lot of people say it's pretty good.
WDW

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1245 on: August 18, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »
i heard there's fucking wolves now.  so i lost interest.

Diunx

« Reply #1246 on: August 18, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »
The wolves are like rednecks metalheads addicted to vampire blood shit is awesome.
Drunk

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #1247 on: August 18, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »
I watched a few episodes of the first season when it came out, but then I lost my free premium channels.  Now I'm torrenting season 1 and 2.  Just to see how good the rest of it was.
WTF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1248 on: August 18, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
True Blood looks shitty, and everytime someone explains why I should like it it sounds even shittier.

bring on Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire :rock

Diunx

« Reply #1249 on: August 18, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »
The tits and the violence makes the show sounds shittier?

:supergay
Drunk

Dickie Dee

« Reply #1250 on: August 18, 2010, 07:19:56 PM »
I'm checking out the first couple episodes but am almost depressed because I seem to have burned through most of the good shows I want to see and have to resort to this

god damn fucking vampires :piss2
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1251 on: August 18, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
I'm checking out the first couple episodes but am almost depressed because I seem to have burned through most of the good shows I want to see and have to resort to this

god damn fucking vampires :piss2

I miss spending my weekend watching Breaking Bad, The Shield, and Rome  :-\

I guess I should start The Sopranos. I've seen the pilot, it wasn't bad. I'm more interesting in starting Deadwood tho

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1252 on: August 18, 2010, 07:36:52 PM »
Watch Dexter instead
hi5

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1253 on: August 18, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
They're definitely weaker, but I thought they both finished strongly enough. I didn't start watching the show until the end of S3 though, so maybe being able to burn through it in a couple of sittings made all the beginning filler crap more palatable
hi5

lordoftherink

« Reply #1254 on: August 18, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »
I miss spending my weekend watching Breaking Bad, The Shield, and Rome  :-\
You finished Rome? What did you think?

I guess I should start The Sopranos. I've seen the pilot, it wasn't bad. I'm more interesting in starting Deadwood tho
The Sopranos is fantastic, really a must watch, especially given how much you've liked other shows that are kind of similar.
I'm personally waiting for the complete series set to go on sale before getting into Deadwood.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #1255 on: August 18, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
Dexter can start to feel shitty once you really that everything that isn't Michael C. Hall as Dexter is pretty god-awful (with a few exceptions). Then you realize he's onscreen like 80%+ of the time and kind of accept it and like it again.
___

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1256 on: August 18, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »
Yeah I think I just have a soft spot for
DOAKES
[youtube=560,345]l2OEmZFRxvA[/youtube]
:omg
[close]

edit: That was S3, and it didn't go anywhere at all lol
hi5

Dickie Dee

« Reply #1257 on: August 18, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »
Most of it I just let pass, but good god the relationship subplot with Batista and Laguarta (sp?), I wanted to claw my eyes out. I'm getting pissed just thinking of it.
[close]
___

OptimoPeach

« Reply #1258 on: August 18, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
Yeah I'd rather they just give Masuka 15 minutes of raunchy one-liners to take up all the side character stuff
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:08:24 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

naff

« Reply #1259 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
The tits and the violence makes the show sounds shittier?

:supergay

PD smh.

I will say that Jason Stackhouse is one of the better TV creations in the past while.

Lafayettes my favourite, Nelsan Ellis knows his shit. Russell Edgington is a great addition this season too. Anyone that writes this off as some Twilight bs is distinguished mentally-challenged.

Also Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is writing a self help sex guide irl called the 'G Strategy' :lol
◕‿◕