Author Topic: 2009-2010 NBA Thread  (Read 18244 times)

OptimoPeach

I didn't either. I was actually inclined to agree with you when he went 0-5 in the first 10 minutes, though
hi5

OptimoPeach

I just heard Miley Cyrus playing at the Wizards/Cavs game :-\
hi5

OptimoPeach

I stopped watching at 6 because WEC came on. Arenas was chucking hardcore and the Cavs were up by 6 or 7, but it seemed like they were losing their grip on things, so I'm not all that surprised.

I wonder where LeBron will go next year
hi5

OptimoPeach

Oh look, Nowitki is being godly and bailing out the Mavs again
hi5

OptimoPeach

:lol I hope The Crimson Blur cries himself to sleep tonight
hi5

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The Nets are 0-12! :lol
dog

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Based on the line-up the Mavs had on the court, I'm not sure why he wasn't triple teamed.

OptimoPeach

Based on the line-up the Mavs had on the court, I'm not sure why he wasn't triple teamed.
I know! I made that second post right as Nowitzki was left wide open for the transition 3. Shit was ridiculous. Duncan looked like he was going to cry
hi5

Flannel Boy

• Icon
[youtube=560,345]OGYO0kI2Lxw[/youtube]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

With the tone of the narrator and the music, I expected the video to end with: Gone, but not forgotten.  :lol
dog

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
:lol It's amusing. Iverson pretty much just squeezed his ass out of a job with his "I WONT COME OFF THE BENCH" ego shit. Grow up mentally man, your body says you're old. :P

Early retirement for Iverson, because no one wants his whinny ass. :P
:-[

OptimoPeach

:rofl
I wonder if it had anything to do with Charles and Kenny talking shit about him all night yesterday.
hi5

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
I wonder if it had anything to do with Charles and Kenny talking shit about him all night yesterday.

damn... Video plz?
:-[

OptimoPeach

I looked and couldn't find anything. They were basically saying it's clear to anyone that his capabilities are declining steeply, and that it was especially strange New York was interested because they have so many young prospects that he'd be taking minutes away from due to his refusal to play an ancillary role. One of them also pointed out that it was ironic one of Memphis' motivations for picking him up was to bolster ticket sales at home, and he ended up never playing a home game :lol I guess they were just stating the obvious, but it was still funny that they were so brusque about it. There were a couple Ether-esque potshots in there

I think they also did a segment on him a week or two back titled something like, "Maybe it's time to retire when..." before the news even broke that New York was looking at him.

:lol Did I seriously just here Explosions in the Sky in an NBA montage?

edit: 2:07 :rofl Dirk is ripped
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:48:28 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

etiolate

Mark Cuban getting all the ref love the Mavs could ever want. Kings still almost won. Sacramento will always be Stern's bitch. =/

Flannel Boy

• Icon
What a boring game. I barely watched the second half.

Thompson, Udrih, and Evans looked pretty good though.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

CBG

Flannel Boy

• Icon
damn it
Ellis raping the mavs

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: NBA thread of Oden's lame dance moves and Nowitzki's long, flowing blonde ha
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »
Abe Pollin R.I.P.

Best D.C. sports team owner.
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
OKC putting a big-time beat-down on Utah. :rock
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
The Mavs are worse than a team of 12 Jay Cutlers.

OptimoPeach

Why couldn't they have embarrassed themselves against the Kings instead? :maf
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:14:20 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
The NJ Nyets are on their way to 0-14. What's the record for worst start to a season?

[Detroit Lions do not count.]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The NJ Nyets are on their way to 0-14. What's the record for worst start to a season?

[Detroit Lions do not count.]

I'm not sure about that, but the least amount of wins for an NBA team [with a full season] is 9 and that was 36 years ago.
dog

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
The game is over, the recap says the record is 17, shared by the Heat and, shockingly, the Clippers.

Mandark

• Icon
He was a mensch
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »
Abe Pollin R.I.P.

Best D.C. sports team owner.

I didn't know this until a year or two ago, but apparently he knew Yitzhak Rabin personally, and Rabin's assassination was the tipping point for changing the franchise's name.

He paid for his own arena rather than soaking the taxpayers, and re-committed to the city when it was still a big clusterfuck.  Very loyal to the community.

Also, when Arenas and Jamison made the all-star team he rewarded them with cake.  What's not to like?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Has The Onion ever been more pertinent?

Nets Announce Team is In Re-Demolition Mode

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—In a continuing effort to destroy their roster and ultimately cause their team's collapse, Nets officials announced Monday that the franchise was entrenched in a long-term re-demolition process. "Obviously, we're not going to just fall apart overnight, but our 0-10 start is proof that we're imploding in the right direction," said general manager Kiki Vandeweghe. "We've been working for years to demolish the core of the Nets roster by getting rid of Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, and Vince Carter. And with the acquisition of Yi Jianlian from China, a player who is sure to be a bust, this organization has begun to really focus on tearing itself down from the ground up." Vandeweghe said he is following the re-demolition model established by the New York Knicks and praised the ongoing team-destruction efforts of owner Jim Dolan, who he said is "doing a great job over there."
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: He was a mensch
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2009, 12:07:14 AM »
I didn't know this until a year or two ago, but apparently he knew Yitzhak Rabin personally, and Rabin's assassination was the tipping point for changing the franchise's name.

If only he knew someone assassinated by magic, then we wouldn't have such a lame name.

He paid for his own arena rather than soaking the taxpayers, and re-committed to the city when it was still a big clusterfuck.  Very loyal to the community.

Also, when Arenas and Jamison made the all-star team he rewarded them with cake.  What's not to like?

He gets a lot of credit. He was always loyal to the community, and even when both teams have been competitive in the past decade, both the Capitals and the Wizards have remained pretty affordable tickets for fans. And the MCI Center is one of the few urban renewal projects that has legitimately panned out.

You got to give credit where credit is due.

Also, cake. :rock
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
Yeah.  The area around the Verizon center is all spiffy and gentrified.  Pollin must have really loved this city, cause why else make a $200 million investment in Washington DC in 1994?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
 :lol

I love that area. I go down there all the time. I try to catch at least a couple of Wiz and Caps games per season. Since Ovechkin arrived, it's been tougher to get awesome seats for super cheap, though.

Remember $5 games?
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The Mavs went on a 26-0 run against Houston. :rofl
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Jason Terry on Tim Thomas: "If he was white, he'd be Dirk."

There's something wrong with that sentence: he should have used the subjunctive mood.  :spin

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
That comparison is an insult to Tim Thomas
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:48:04 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Give the ball to Gooden, let him go one-on-one against LeBron?

This is the play you run?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
gooden, stop dribbling the fucking ball

Flannel Boy

• Icon
when was the last time dirk touched the ball?

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
The Nyets fired Frank before playing the Lakers today.

That's kind a jerk move on NJ's part. Dude had gotten them to 0-16, they should have at least given him the chance to go for the record before making a change. They had the Lakers tonight and lost. That 0-17 should have been Frank's. They return home to play the Mavericks in their next game, which means they have a good look at 0-18, which would be a new record. Let the dude lose as many games as he can. After they break the streak and there's nothing left to play for, then can the guy. But they should have first let him have his shot at history.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Nets :rofl
dog

OptimoPeach

[youtube=560,345]Yeqn0WGjdiw[/youtube]

Pierce being his usual classy self
hi5

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Nets just made history.
dog

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
The Hawks scored 146 points tonight.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Charlotte Bobcats.

That's the answer to the trivia question "who did the New Jersey Nets beat to end the worst start in NBA history?"

OptimoPeach

Kobe :lol Fucking ridiculous. OMFG
hi5

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Moving, off balance, banked 3 pointer at the buzzer for the 1-point win.

OptimoPeach

Over Wade, after Wade missed a free throw, after Fisher hit a 3 on the previous possession. Jesus.

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18754124&postcount=1522

:lol This schadenfreude is too tasty.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:37:52 AM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
 :drudge DANCING CAREER ON HOLD  :drudge

Greg Oden is likely done for the year. He fractured his left patella against Houston tonight.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
[youtube=560,345]0su_Huk6p-o[/youtube]

fire Del Negro
fire Luol Deng
fire Jay Triano
fire Jarrett Jack

Can you imagine this happening in the Jordan/Pippen era?
vjj

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
:drudge DANCING CAREER ON HOLD  :drudge

Greg Oden is likely done for the year. He fractured his left patella against Houston tonight.

This is the guy they picked OVER Kevin Durant.  :lol
dog

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Durant is obviously the better player and in all likelihood will have a far better career. BUT the 29 other GMs in the league would have done the same thing, right or wrong. The Durant vs Oden thing was entirely a media concoction. No-one would have taken Jordan over Hakeem either.
vjj

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Dirk was distinguished mentally-challenged in the clutch.

End of the Fourth
01:17
[DAL 81-85] Nowitzki Running Bank shot: Made (26 PTS)

00:51.3
[DAL 82-85] Nowitzki Free Throw 1 of 2 (27 PTS)
[DAL 83-85] Nowitzki Free Throw 2 of 2 (28 PTS)

00:10.9
[DAL 85-85] Nowitzki Turnaround Fade Away shot: Made (30 PTS)

Overtime
00:24.9
[DAL 96-95] Nowitzki Turnaround Fade Away shot: Made (34 PTS)

00:01.8
[DAL 98-97] Nowitzki Fade Away Jumper Shot: Made (36 PTS)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:32:09 PM by Harry Lime »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
It really is impressive how much of a turnaround OKC has done since last season. A year ago, they started 2-24, but this year they're already 12-9 and could manage to sneak into the playoffs as a wild card. And only one of their starters has been in the league for more than three seasons!

Now if only a local station would start airing their games. :-\
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Dirk is out of the game because he has pieces of Landry's teeth in his elbow!  :greenshinobi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Dirk went out early in the game and then Damp and Carlisle got ejected in OT!
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Landry was taken to the emergency room and will see an oral surgeon today to determine the extent of the damage. Nowitzki needed 30 minutes for pieces of Landry’s teeth to be removed from his elbow.

:-X

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Landry was taken to the emergency room and will see an oral surgeon today to determine the extent of the damage. Nowitzki needed 30 minutes for pieces of Landry’s teeth to be removed from his elbow.

:o
dog

Phoenix Dark

I heard about this on the radio, driving with my dad. The report was just "Dirk is listed as questionable" with no details on Landry's situation. My dad was like "man, scrubs get no love"  :lol

etiolate

Re: NBA thread of Oden's lame dance moves and Nowitzki's long, flowing blonde ha
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2009, 05:07:03 AM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

vinny del negro funeral march begins

OptimoPeach

Yeah, I heard about that. I wish I didn't watch the MNF slaughterfest instead. I can only imagine how many times Grant Napear lost his shit en route to the lead change.

Apparently it's the second biggest NBA comeback of all time. :bow Evans :bow2 :bow Udoka :bow2
hi5

Phoenix Dark

...smh

Weren't the Bulls considered to be a playoff team before the season started?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Kobe  :-\