Author Topic: 2009-2010 NBA Thread  (Read 18243 times)

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
2009-2010 NBA Thread
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
[youtube=560,345]r2ZH-X0VFOg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:45:11 PM by Malek J. Lumberjack Jr. »

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
RIP Blake Griffin

Flannel Boy

• Icon
The Clippers: where players go to die.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
fuck yall haters. we still have depth without blakey (aka Basketball GOD!)
UNF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Mandark and Willco's crappy Bullets are sticking around.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Different avatar, same nonsense.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
what nonsense?! thats mean!!!!  :'(
UNF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I have high expectation for the Oklahoma City Thunder this year!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
24 wins or bust!!
[close]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:32:05 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler

[youtube=560,345]24 wins or bust!![/youtube]

now THAT's nonsense!
UNF

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

[youtube=560,345]24 wins or bust!![/youtube]

now THAT's nonsense!

Kevin Durant will silence all haters!
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I recall PD projecting Durant to be a bust.

god damn it dirk: HIT A SHOT!

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Mandark, tell Miller to cut his fucking hair.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
man they were saying on ESPN earlier that the Cavs would be the team to beat this year. Celtics go the memo
UNF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
man they were saying on ESPN earlier that the Cavs would be the team to beat this year. Celtics go the memo
Team to beat: Mavs . . .  :-\

Lakers.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
refs bailing out dirk.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Dirk is the only Mavs' starter in double figures.

Arenas has looked great, hitting shots, driving to the lane, and finding teammates.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:53:29 PM by Malek »

Bacchus7

Outlaw beasting this Blazers-Rockets game so far...
DTF

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
What type of cruel scheduling office has the Clippers start out "at" the Lakers on ring and banner night?

"See what you'll never have and why you'll always be second class citizens in this town."

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Les Bullets! :rock
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
[youtube=560,345]WdK8s4Dc-Rs[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]pmgb0HOySTo[/youtube]

Wizards need to trade Nick Young to Phoenix for the Suns' medical staff.

OptimoPeach

I didn't even know the Clippers had fans.

edit: I also didn't know the NBA season started last night. Now this thread makes sense :dizzy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:09:56 AM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Wow, it's amazing how much basketball has completely fallen off my radar...I didn't even know the Sonics moved to OKC. I guess they didn't make to many highlight reels I'd catch in passing. This is coming from a guy that it used to be my favorite sport and the Sonics were my favorite team.
___

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Wow, it's amazing how much basketball has completely fallen off my radar...I didn't even know the Sonics moved to OKC. I guess they didn't make to many highlight reels I'd catch in passing. This is coming from a guy that it used to be my favorite sport and the Sonics were my favorite team.

Were you a Sonics fan because of NBA Jam?

Dickie Dee

Perhaps...
___

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Hornets moved to New Orleans, too, in case you were wondering.

Of course, Charlotte got in on the "Cleveland Browns Replacement Program."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:45:51 AM by Bocsius »

Dickie Dee

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I think I've replaced sports channels as my go-to background TV with the Food Channel.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
No homo.
[close]
___

etiolate

The Kings road to John Wall starts tonight in OKC!

野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Totally forgot the Pistons got Ben Gordon. I haven't really payed attention to NBA news in some time.

Hopefully justin.tv has some games tonight so I can dip back in the cut

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I predict the Mavericks will have the best record in the NBA and lose in the first round. Mark Cuban found to have hung himself the next day.
©ZH

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I predict the Mavericks will have the best record in the NBA
Not happening.

and lose in the first round.
Probably will happen

Mark Cuban found to have hung himself the next day.
Not happening. A Billionaire isn't going to kill himself because one of his many toys isn't performing well.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I predict the Mavericks will have the best record in the NBA
Not happening.

and lose in the first round.
Probably will happen

Mark Cuban found to have hung himself the next day.
Not happening. A Billionaire isn't going to kill himself because one of his many toys isn't performing well.

Ya, but when you get that close to the promise land that many times and fail, it drives people crazy. They are like the Bills of the 90's.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

Mavs might not make the playoffs

Mandark

• Icon

Maybe, but that would require two of the Suns/Thunder/Clippers/Rockets/Warriors finishing above them.  Hard to see that happening if the Mavs are healthy.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
They are like the Bills of the 90's.

No. Losing four straight Super Bowls can't be matched.

Maybe, but that would require two of the Suns/Thunder/Clippers/Rockets/Warriors finishing above them.  Hard to see that happening if the Mavs are healthy.
Nice condition. They're an old team and very likely to experience some injuries. And Josh Howard is never healthy.

But they're making the playoffs. Nowitizki is still near his prime and he's surrounded by a reasonable amount of talent.

Phoenix Dark

I doubt they'll be healthy. We'll see, they're a deep team.

Anyone think San Antonio can take out the Lakers this year?

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Bowen retired. Otherwise, yeah, I'm sure he could take them out. And wasn't it Horry who hip-checked Nash into the scorer's table? Bring him back, too.

Himu

Saw the Cavs and Celtics game last night. Pretty lol to see Lebron James wah wah on the court.

Missed the Lakers game, didn't give a shit.
IYKYK

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Re: NBA thread of Nowitzki's long, flowing blonde hair and Oden's dance moves
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »
The Clippers: where players go to die.
Yeah, Griffin didn't play a game before busting his kneecap. Ouch!  :o

Hopefully, the Heat won't suck this year. I'd watch their home opener tonight, but the World Series takes priority tonite...

OptimoPeach

Saw the Cavs and Celtics game last night. Pretty lol to see Lebron James wah wah on the court.
Cavs look like they might go 0-2...against the Raptors :lol

edit: And OKC is up on the Kings 39-22 at the end of the first goddamn quarter. I'm glad I decided not to watch that one.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:39:27 PM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Well, Oklahoma is already off to a better start this season than last.
dog

E-DuB

Cavs look like they might go 0-2...against the Raptors :lol

Correction Cavs go 0-2...to the Raps :lol

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Knicks to land LeBron afterall.

Phoenix Dark

How do the Cavs look? Offense/chemistry not working? I didn't expect them to start out so slow

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Bobcats are in preseason form.

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
FUCK THE KNICKS.

FUCK THE KNICKS.

FUCK THE KNICKS.
 :D

Meier

Nice to see the Magic start off the championship run in easy fashion last night.  :hyper

OptimoPeach

How do the Cavs look? Offense/chemistry not working? I didn't expect them to start out so slow
Shaq being old and washed up, LeBron bricking jumpshots and chucking up desperation 3s at the 2 minute mark, and Mike Brown sucking dick at coaching as usual (at one point he had Shaq and Ilgauskas on the court at the same fucking time :lol). I think Bosh out-rebounded the entire team, too.
hi5

OptimoPeach

Why does everyone on the internet refer to their team of choice as "we"? Is it just ex-high-school-jock-vicariously-living-out-his-childhood-dream syndrome, or what? I've noticed this on GAF and /sp/, and I'm not sure if I just never picked up on it in real life conversations or what, but ho-lee CHRIST is it annoying
hi5

Phoenix Dark

Nothing wrong with it, if it's your team. The Lions are my team in the NFL ( :'(), but I've disliked the Pistons since Joe Dumars refused to give me an autograph, like when I was 12 or something  :lol

So I don't really have an NBA team. I'm more of a fan of different players - Shaq, Kobe, Wade mainly 

etiolate

but Kobe refusing autographs too!

Phoenix Dark

Not to me personally!

Hollywood

Some stuff on Donnehy's book came out and wow, its no wonder the NBA is so complete ass nowadays:

The 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings presents a stunning example of game and series manipulation at its ugliest. As the teams prepared for Game 6 at the Staples Center, Sacramento had a 3–2 lead in the series. The referees assigned to work Game 6 were Dick Bavetta, Bob Delaney, and Ted Bernhardt. As soon as the referees for the game were chosen, the rest of us knew immediately that there would be a Game 7. A prolonged series was good for the league, good for the networks, and good for the game. Oh, and one more thing: it was great for the big-market, star-studded Los Angeles Lakers.

In the pregame meeting prior to Game 6, the league office sent down word that certain calls — calls that would have benefitted the Lakers — were being missed by the referees. This was the type of not-so-subtle information that I and other referees were left to interpret. After receiving the dispatch, Bavetta openly talked about the fact that the league wanted a Game 7.

"If we give the benefit of the calls to the team that's down in the series, nobody's going to complain. The series will be even at three apiece, and then the better team can win Game 7," Bavetta stated.

As history shows, Sacramento lost Game 6 in a wild come-from-behind thriller that saw the Lakers repeatedly sent to the foul line by the referees. For other NBA referees watching the game on television, it was a shameful performance by Bavetta's crew, one of the most poorly officiated games of all time.

We had another variation of this gag simply referred to as the "first foul of the game" bet. While still in the locker room before tip-off, we would make a wager on which of us would call the game's first foul. That referee would either have to pay the ball boy or pick up the dinner tab for the other two referees. Sometimes, the ante would be $50 a guy. Like the technical foul bet, it was hilarious — only this time we were testing each other's nerves to see who had the guts to hold out the longest before calling a personal foul. There were occasions when we would hold back for two or three minutes — an eternity in an NBA game — before blowing the whistle. It didn't matter if bodies were flying all over the place; no fouls were called because no one wanted to lose the bet.

We played this little game during the regular season and summer league. After a game, all three refs would gather around the VCR and watch a replay of the game. Early in the contest, the announcers would say, "Holy cow! They're really letting them play tonight!" If they only knew...

During one particular summer game, Duke Callahan, Mark Wunderlich, and I made it to the three-minute mark in the first quarter without calling a foul. We were running up and down the court, laughing our asses off as the players got hammered with no whistles. The players were exhausted from the nonstop running when Callahan finally called the first foul because Mikki Moore of the New Jersey Nets literally tackled an opposing player right in front of him. Too bad for Callahan — he lost the bet.

I became so good at this game that if an obvious foul was committed right in front of me, I would call a travel or a three-second violation instead. Those violations are not personal fouls, so I was still in the running to win the bet. The players would look at me with disbelief on their faces as if to say, "What the hell was that?"

A TON more here. Wow.  :lol

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read?skyline=true&s=x

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Tim Donaghy sounds like a wonderful human being.
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Omg :lol

"Everyone in attendance was saved from watching a full 48 minutes of excruciating Clippers basketball thanks to the metal and concrete roof that crushed them to death."

"That girder is the true hero tonight."

"Thank God no one made it out alive."

"Not one Clipper player was capable enough to find the emergency exit."

:rofl
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
My favorite bits:

"Yeah, I just kept hoping that there would be some kind of fire, that the Clippers' team plane would crash or my husband would drown, so he wouldn't have see the Clippers humiliated by the Lakers again."

"I know Jay is in a better place now - a place with no Clippers."

:rofl
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
OKC Thunder are shooting for an unbeaten season this year. They're already 2-0!
dog