Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781141 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #15540 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:23 AM »
man, i want that half-hour of my life back, i wasted all that time typing up a bunch of bullshit and i don't even listen to the show  >:(
sup

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #15541 on: September 09, 2010, 01:01:17 AM »
Just caught up on the WYL thing but how the fuck does the founder(s) make some random guy come in and take over their shit?

as for GB: The only thing i give a fuck about on that site is their podcast so what they are doing to it is the most disappointing part of this thing. The rage and/or armchair analysis are the usual GAF staples so nothing new on that. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:05:10 AM by Purple Filth »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #15542 on: September 09, 2010, 01:02:21 AM »
what is giantbomb
duc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #15544 on: September 09, 2010, 02:38:09 AM »
I don't listen to the bombcast thing, but if I did I would be fine with waiting a week for the 2nd half, just skip a week and you should be ok?

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #15545 on: September 09, 2010, 03:00:25 AM »
I'd wikipedia it but it's probably too general a term/abbreviation.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #15546 on: September 09, 2010, 03:08:42 AM »
Paying for podcasts?That is just wrong...listening to Giant Bombcast right now
 :(

I guess i will have to pirate podcasts now...lol
cat

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #15547 on: September 09, 2010, 03:37:13 AM »
I missed the WYL thing and I don't understand it.

Dave and Costanza hijacked the domain because chapel now rules the forum?
brb

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #15548 on: September 09, 2010, 05:27:53 AM »
Ohmygod, LFO's lead singer died :(

Edit: to no one's tears? :'(

edit: leukemia/stroke, now i feel bad :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:30:52 AM by Mamacint »
___

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #15549 on: September 09, 2010, 05:29:15 AM »
I missed the WYL thing and I don't understand it.

Dave and Costanza hijacked the domain because chapel now rules the forum?

costanza is all bitchy even tho everyone knows he would have done fuck-all to actually improve the forum from it's initial inception. he's nothing more than a lazy bitch who wanted to take credit for all the stuff chapel added to the site. he's crying because he "founded" the site.
nat

Dickie Dee

« Reply #15550 on: September 09, 2010, 05:32:37 AM »
since when did wastingyourlife.com point here :lol
___

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15551 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:12 AM »
I don't care what anyone has to say about games outside of Eel, Drinky, and Frag.

Borecast fo' life!
©ZH

Himu

IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #15553 on: September 09, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
You had me worried Himu... nobody's found my real alt yet. It's not hard to find.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #15554 on: September 09, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »

:\

All I really knew about them was the mechs in Eureka Seven were called LFO as a nod to them.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #15555 on: September 09, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »
I don't listen to the bombcast thing, but if I did I would be fine with waiting a week for the 2nd half, just skip a week and you should be ok?
yea i could understand the bitching if they keeped it for subscribers only but if they give it for free after a week i don't see the problem
<----

Rman

« Reply #15556 on: September 09, 2010, 01:07:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Awesome

Giant Bombcast thing is a really silly move but I don't understand people claiming the entire site will go under.
I would never subscribe to any premium subscription feature at any website but then who cares. If the site continues to pump out good free content I will continue to visit. If they don't, I won't. Really simple. But that GAF entitled "we are important people who decide how the game industry should be" attitude that Evilore actively cultivates over there is the most annoying shit ever. Fucking forum posters think they run shit.
I agree.  I tolerate GAF more than others here. But that crap is annoying, making the site unreadable.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #15557 on: September 09, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
Just caught up on the WYL implosion.  Epic shit. :lol

Blackmage :bow
TheGreatDave :bow
Green Man :bow
The Experiment, the Nostradamus of our times :bow
MMA

Dickie Dee

« Reply #15558 on: September 09, 2010, 01:19:08 PM »

:\

All I really knew about them was the mechs in Eureka Seven were called LFO as a nod to them.

Turns out he wasn't a total doucher, who knew:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15559 on: September 09, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

Show is live. Unsurprisingly, the show is one big ad for the subscription plan.

Don't they get free shit from advertisers/game studios as well though?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #15560 on: September 09, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
Regarding WYL it wasn't that hard to predict what was going to happen. The site never really had an honest reason for existing. It's really not that much different than GAF and GAF has the huge population so if I was going to pick between two sites that are essentially the same, I'm probably going to post at the one that has the huge population. Also some of the founding members are a bit of drama lovers so you knew the drama would resurface.

Also it always tickles me that the rockband thread isn't pinned over there especially since it accounts for the majority of posts on that forum. Why have it constantly be bumped when its clearly the main thread on that board. Just fucking pin it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15561 on: September 09, 2010, 01:39:31 PM »
WYL was doomed the minute it became clear the forum was simply GAF 2.0. You can make fun of EB on many levels, but outside of some of the darker early days it was never a GAF clone. We quickly created our own personality, hyped our own memes, and actually talked about videogames. If I want to post on GAF, I'll post on GAF. EB stands alone.

Re-creating every single "main" GAF thread (hey look, a box office performance thread! oh look, a Community thread full of gifs! and what's that, Rock Banddddd!) and showing disturbing glimpses of GAF mod abuse is NOT the way to build an independent forum.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15562 on: September 09, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »
WYL was doomed the minute it became clear the forum was simply GAF 2.0. You can make fun of EB on many levels, but outside of some of the darker early days it was never a GAF clone. We quickly created our own personality, hyped our own memes, and actually talked about videogames. If I want to post on GAF, I'll post on GAF. EB stands alone.

Re-creating every single "main" GAF thread (hey look, a box office performance thread! oh look, a Community thread full of gifs! and what's that, Rock Banddddd!) and showing disturbing glimpses of GAF mod abuse is NOT the way to build an independent forum.

For what its worth I think there is a place for a forum to exist in a place between GAF and EB with all those spin-offs boards. But WYL doesn't compel me to post over there at all. It has weird moderation. Nearly all anyone talks about on the gaming side is Rockband. And the ot side seems to be a clone of GAF. That's not what I'm looking for.  

archie4208

« Reply #15563 on: September 09, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
I just took a look at that RB thread. There's 32 THOUSAND replies. Shoulda started a free forum dedicated just to rock band.

The RB thread has very little to do with the game.  It is basically the random gaming talk thread with 15 posters treating it like an AIM chat room.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15564 on: September 09, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »
I just took a look at that RB thread. There's 32 THOUSAND replies. Shoulda started a free forum dedicated just to rock band.

The RB thread has very little to do with the game.  It is basically the random gaming talk thread with 15 posters treating it like an AIM chat room.

Which is why it should be pinned. Sorta like the outside link thread on this board.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15565 on: September 09, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »
Does anyone even know about EB? It always felt like a super niche forum to me. Which is exactly the reason why I love it.

Agreed.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15566 on: September 09, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »
Attention Billy Rygar: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406742

Someone is mixing Wine and Sprite (the softdrink) in that thread
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:59:53 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15567 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »
Attention Billy Rygar: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406742

Someone is mixing Wine and Sprite (the softdrink) in that thread

I'm adding "wine and sprite shot" to Stuff That White People Like

Dickie Dee

« Reply #15568 on: September 09, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
Come to think of it, I've never seen a black person drink wine.

Does Cristal count?
___

Dickie Dee

« Reply #15569 on: September 09, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »
I thought Wine Spritzers w/ Sprite or 7up was a pretty standard drink ???
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15570 on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:08 PM »
I don't want to hear anything from you bastards the next time I put ice cubes in my wine. Good lord

Dickie Dee

« Reply #15571 on: September 09, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »
I don't want to hear anything from you bastards the next time I put ice cubes in my wine. Good lord

:rofl
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15572 on: September 09, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »
I used to have a customer who would put ice cubes in 100$ wine :-\

Would kool aid ice cubes be kosher?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15573 on: September 09, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
Can't say it has earthy tones without tasting dirt first.
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #15574 on: September 09, 2010, 03:06:04 PM »
Dirt is good for you. It's full of minerals.
©ZH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #15575 on: September 09, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »
Did Ryan take off his shirt yet? Thanks.
fat

Brehvolution

©ZH

drew

• sy
« Reply #15577 on: September 09, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »
Show is live. Unsurprisingly, the show is one big ad for the subscription plan.

the only show worth paying for is the stern show on sirius, and i still steal it

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #15578 on: September 09, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »

And even if two get into an argument or some shit it never ends with e-drama or e-grudges, you'll find them the next day chatting.

being fair EB does have the drama but it happens way less than others IMO.

I will say again that EB is the best GAF spin-off out of them hands down.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #15579 on: September 09, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
Nah our e-drama has got it right but not as melodramatic as GAFs and not as malicious as OAs.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15580 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »

:bow2

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #15581 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »
CBG

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #15582 on: September 09, 2010, 08:38:45 PM »
That Big Live Live Show Live thing made me wish i worked for a place I really love and enjoyed my co-workers.
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #15583 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
holy fuck david hasselhoff's looking rough, alcohol puts a beating on you
sup

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #15584 on: September 09, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
I hope it (WYL) stays around. I'm pretty sure I'm never going back to gaf, and I enjoy friendly places to just chill and talk about games and stuff.  The OT doesn't really ever interest me overall.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #15585 on: September 09, 2010, 09:14:05 PM »
NeoGAF is basically calling some chick from one of the Whiskey sites a whore because of her dress. Apparently it's too short.

Fuck that website, man. I need to stop reading it.

Pics?
Drunk

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #15586 on: September 09, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
I hope it (WYL) stays around. I'm pretty sure I'm never going back to gaf, and I enjoy friendly places to just chill and talk about games and stuff.  The OT doesn't really ever interest me overall.

Do you still hang in the GAF IRC ?
fat

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #15587 on: September 09, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »
I haven't been there since around mid 2008 or so.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15588 on: September 09, 2010, 09:25:19 PM »
My Feed on FB for The Onion is trolling the shit out of Saints and Viking fans :rofl
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:27:37 PM by BlueTsunami »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #15589 on: September 09, 2010, 09:49:56 PM »
u can post on here red scarlet

if u unban me
USA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15590 on: September 09, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
Holy fuck, hope not a lot of people were killed or hurt

Bulleta©™®

« Reply #15591 on: September 09, 2010, 11:41:26 PM »
That's scary-looking.

Himu

« Reply #15592 on: September 09, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
WATCH THIS TO CHEER UP, SLIME-CHAN

[youtube=560,345]vCB7RqGS684[/youtube]
IYKYK

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #15593 on: September 09, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »
Utter carnage. I was having difficulty getting the scope of it watching the live feed until they actually zoomed in and I could see all the tiny police and fire vehicles.
fek

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15595 on: September 10, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »
That fire is crazy

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #15596 on: September 10, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »
Nancy Botwin seen fleeing the fire on a segway.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15597 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:31 AM »

Not bad for that kind of pop.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #15598 on: September 10, 2010, 01:36:55 AM »
Everyone hates me here. :(

yeah, I wonder why...

that dude is the most bitter human being  :lol
I'd say this entire forum is, really. It's pathetic.

Because this forum tends to be extremely negative and bitter about everything (not just GAF). Most people don't want to be around that.

(thread title: I have become an angry, bitter person) you'll fit in well with this forum.

You guys are so bitter  :lol

it is a mystery
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:39:43 AM by My F*cking Grandpa »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15599 on: September 10, 2010, 01:52:12 AM »
Nancy Botwin seen fleeing the fire on a segway.

:lol :bow