Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780636 times)

drew

• sy
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #16260 on: September 28, 2010, 11:27:13 PM »
oh now i remember, he "becomes" a dragon when doing it, has a name for it and everything, kind of reminds me of someone....

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #16261 on: September 28, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
Sonarrat is the blood of the dragon. Ancester of the Daenerys Stormborn.
:9

sonarrat

« Reply #16262 on: September 28, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »
I love Eddy as much as anyone, but his son Axel was a lot stronger than he was and he never finished higher than 10th in the Tour. The sport has come a long way.
The competition or the technology? Eddy dominated the sport in a much harder era. He would of dominated today. I don't have GAF account sorry.

Both. The 1969 Tour where Eddy got the "triple crown" was run at a pace of 35.409 km/h. Lance's last win in 2005 was run at an average speed of 41.654 km/h, which was a record. There's no doubt technology contributed to that, but you still need to have the legs to go that fast for that long.
PDQ

drew

• sy
« Reply #16263 on: September 28, 2010, 11:32:12 PM »

how hard are you RIGHT NOW?!

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #16264 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »
:rofl
©ZH

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #16265 on: September 28, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »
sadly genghis is right.

With innovations in aero, construction and weight, better nutrition and training techniques actually focused on science rather than old wives tales (brought about by Merckx in part). I think its the technology- there's too many factors that have greatly helped cyclists. I mean some of it is toothbrush technology but the vast majority has sped up the race.

sonarrat

« Reply #16266 on: September 28, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
I know you're all excited to see me, but my dick doesn't work on command like that.
PDQ

sonarrat

« Reply #16267 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »
I mean, there were technical innovations abound in the '90s. Indurain had a couple of his more adventurous bikes banned by the UCI, and there was Gilberto Simoni's infamous "Legalize my Cannondale" stunts more recently. It's not like Armstrong overnight decided that cycling needed to come out of the stone age. But he was arguably the first, with credit to Bruyneel and Carmichael, to bring it all together and act as a completely modern professional in the world of cycling. Now it's a must, and a lot of talented riders with a lot of potential are getting blown out because they can't make that last step up.
PDQ

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16268 on: September 28, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »
Agreed on the technology aspect but he brought about the whole 'my body is a machine' dynamic to cycling- which I think sort of ruined the 'mystique' of the sport a little bit. I'm glad they're getting rid of radios.

sonarrat

« Reply #16269 on: September 28, 2010, 11:55:39 PM »
It's also worth mentioning that the last-placed finisher this year in the Tour rode at an average of 37.6 kph. So Eddy Merckx, in his prime, on his same bike, this year would have finished last, if he even did.
PDQ

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16270 on: September 28, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »
Yeah but Eddy Merckx with the same advantages as a modern European rider growing up would of won. I mean I hate power meters etc but if you had a sports scientist with him in his development phase who knows how great he could of become?

sonarrat

« Reply #16271 on: September 29, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »
It's true. But the thread was about choosing a single "greatest." You can argue it either way. Lance is more relevant now, but he may not be in 40 years..
PDQ

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16272 on: September 29, 2010, 12:10:01 AM »
Lance was really important to get cycling recognised in the US and more widely in the English speaking world. So yes. For cycling to truly be international you'd need greater participation from Asia, Africa etc.

Eddy will be GOAT simply because he tried to win everything and he sort of did (30%).

Yeah I'm leaving it there.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16273 on: September 29, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »
In that thread the criteria was:

Personality
Record
Impact on the sport
Impact on society
Attitude
Physical accomplishment

Bradman wins on record, impact on the sport, impact on (Australian) society, maybe attitude (subjective).

Ali would win it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16274 on: September 29, 2010, 12:21:37 AM »
Sonarrat is the blood of the dragon. Ancester of the Daenerys Stormborn.

Oh snap.
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16275 on: September 29, 2010, 12:41:35 AM »
[youtube=560,345]S-rVjRz1N5A[/youtube]
 :nsfw  :lol

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #16276 on: September 29, 2010, 03:54:15 AM »
Looks like Nintendo really killed GAF this time
itm

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #16277 on: September 29, 2010, 04:00:40 AM »
Looks like Nintendo really killed GAF this time
and nothing of value was lost :teehee
Hi

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #16278 on: September 29, 2010, 04:02:07 AM »
And Evilore is traveling the world. WHAT CAN BE DONE.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #16279 on: September 29, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »
[youtube=560,345]S-rVjRz1N5A[/youtube]
 :nsfw  :lol

:lol :lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16280 on: September 29, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
In that thread the criteria was:

Personality
Record
Impact on the sport
Impact on society
Attitude
Physical accomplishment

Bradman wins on record, impact on the sport, impact on (Australian) society, maybe attitude (subjective).

Ali would win it.

I read that as PRIIAP! which looks like the sound effect for a well-ripped fart.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #16281 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:35 AM »
Lou Gehrig wins on attitude.
AMC

Beezy

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16283 on: September 29, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
That Woody figure is horrifying.  :lol
dog

Himu

« Reply #16284 on: September 29, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #16285 on: September 29, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
Hot.
Drunk

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #16286 on: September 29, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23598354&postcount=8

I can't tell if this sarcasm or not. I think I'm gonna hurl.
sad

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #16287 on: September 29, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »

I think it is.  Has to be.

Raban

• The baby...
SRY

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #16289 on: September 29, 2010, 08:06:30 PM »

I assumed he was being serious until mentioning Braid.  That is how I knew it was sarcasm.
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16290 on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alberto-contador-tests-positive-for-clenbuterol

smh, he'll get his victory taken away to make a point.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16291 on: September 29, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
That's not the point. The point is that he got caught!

2 years out. 

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16292 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:28 PM »
No less than Lance.

Food contamination doesn't really make any sense since the rest of the team would of failed the drug test too. Damn.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16293 on: September 29, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »
Okay I thought you were talking personality wise not because he was a douchebag for taking drugs.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #16294 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
Thanks demi. I've never felt comfortable here, so probably not sticking around. I was alerted by a PM in my email and then found this post.

hang around! the internet is all about discomfort.
duc

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #16295 on: September 29, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »
I like sonnarat cus he's upfront about his weird fetish and chooses to practice it in responsible ways.
sad

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #16296 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
Plus he's an amazing piano player.
©ZH

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16297 on: September 29, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Plus he likes cycling. Honestly I find furrydom as quaint as the shemale fetish this board has.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #16298 on: September 29, 2010, 11:47:37 PM »
You didn't seem uncomfortable last night, prole :-*

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually you did.  I may have crossed several lines.
[close]
Call the cops and you're done, you hear me
[close]

:omg

the shame can never be washed away :'(
[close]
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16299 on: September 29, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
Plus he's a top
fat

Fresh Prince

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #16301 on: September 30, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #16302 on: September 30, 2010, 02:29:35 PM »
乱学者

Brehvolution

« Reply #16303 on: September 30, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »
"It cost a lot of money to look this poor"
:rofl
©ZH

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #16304 on: September 30, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:56:50 PM by Tieno »
i

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16305 on: September 30, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »
From GAF:

[youtube=560,345]xW-fPBh6w7A[/youtube]
Fallon is impressive.

Also stop picking on hipsters  :'(

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #16306 on: September 30, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »
From GAF:

[youtube=560,345]xW-fPBh6w7A[/youtube]
Fallon is impressive.

Also stop picking on hipsters  :'(

Wow. Amazing.
SRY

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #16307 on: September 30, 2010, 05:32:42 PM »
I was surrounded by a bunch of people who looked like that illustration above today at the Digital Music Summit.  It was the weirdest mix: industry goobers who bought out Next Big Nashville so they can make more money, and scenesters who thought that was totally a good idea!

It fucking sucks, now I have to pay 50 dollars to see fucking Washed Out.  No thank you.
püp

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #16309 on: September 30, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »
Justin Timberlake is fucking cool, i can't deny it.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #16310 on: September 30, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »
Fallon is pretty decent dancer. Though you can tell he gets pissed at the women laughing at his biggie impression and he's gasping for air after jogging up the stairs.

archie4208

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
:lol was going to post that.

:rofl @ hipster cats. So true
itm

Fresh Prince

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408910

Can I be black himu? I own timbs and like new jack.

cool breeze

archie4208

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408910

Can I be black himu? I own timbs and like new jack.

I'm too white to post in that thread.  :(

Fresh Prince

If you date a black woman you get a pass.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
[youtube=560,345]oJAE9KKBYSI[/youtube]
what better way to defend yourself against gay sex abuse charges than dress like this

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408928&page=10

really.

If i remember correctly he was the same joker than wouldn't mind paying $60 for a 5hr game and thinks games are still long
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:52:05 AM by Purple Filth »