Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781167 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Fuck that guy, for real. People like him are why games are ruined.

Ok mr. "i wish games had multi"
fat

Himu

IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
That Ueda is a sexist thread is like gaf in a nutshell :lol
Drunk

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
 :lol :lol :lol

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Yay!

of course!

Also that is no different to, 'What is art?' we had here. Describes the inanity of the internet in general.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
[youtube=560,345]Fw39QsezphQ&feature=fvst[/youtube]

T-Short

• hooker strangler
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408637

hehe. what's the deal with drohne in this thread

post if you're OK, drohne
地平線

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Sounds like drohne was taking the good stuff when he was posting in that thread.
©@©™

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
The Sasha Vujacic post :lol
AMC

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
drohne is awesome. do not hate. his facebook is pretty much the only entertaining thing on the internet that isn't a picture of toy story's woody molesting a horse
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:48:00 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Fresh Prince

Can somebody post drohne's theory of the world? I imagine a Zizek like rant but more articulate. Would be pretty interting to read.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
drohne is awesome. do not hate. his facebook is pretty much the only entertaining thing on the internet that isn't a picture of toy story's woody molesting a horse

I don't see any hating going on.
AMC

T-Short

• hooker strangler

I'm not hatin', I found his facebook monologues funny too, if a bit meandering. but his "david miscarriage" joke gets him off any hook I can think of
地平線

Fresh Prince

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Since its post stupid threads from GAF day here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408951

Fresh Prince

The thread isn't stupid (well a little bit) but the opeing post is :lol Must be Danish humour.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
CBG

Stoney Mason

[youtube=560,345]#![/youtube]

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
That Ueda is sexist GAF thread got new fuel due to this

GS: The Wanda to Kyozou music was done by Kou Ohtani. Why did you choose him?

FU: ICO's composer was (female composer) Michiru Ohshima, and I didn't want to create the same image for this game. Aside from that, ICO was a game that both male and female players could enjoy equally. But I think this is a game that male players will enjoy more. So I chose a male composer.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
 :lol
dog

Rman

GAF has to find something to channel their faux outrage.  Ueda is obviously a sexist, but the pedestal that forum puts developers on, especially to revered ones like Koijma and Ueda is embarrassing. 

etiolate

It's a good opportunity to discuss gender in games, especially because of Ueda's standing.

I find the resistance to it more interesting.

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
I don't agree with his reasoning (I'm sure there are female gamers that enjoy SotC), but it is his choice for who composes the music.  Not that big a deal.

etiolate

im sorry scarlet but your post was too female for me to enjoy

Fresh Prince

your post was too white for me to comprehend

Tieno

• Iconz
i

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
I don't agree with his reasoning (I'm sure there are female gamers that enjoy SotC), but it is his choice for who composes the music.  Not that big a deal.

I guess he went with that since SOTC was action oriented (your killing large creatures) and violent (blood spewing when you stab them) and assume males would be more into that.

But yea its his choice.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
[youtube=560,345]2CFC0BTLAlM[/youtube]
 :lol

etiolate

"ваша конфета плохая маленькая сучка"

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
[youtube=560,345]L9Wr7-hHUVw[/youtube]

:O

[youtube=560,345]hZZvawx3MyE[/youtube]

:-[

[youtube=560,345]c0wupqilYpc[/youtube]

:wtf
:9

Chinner

finally i now can get myself a gamer girlfriend this is what i always wanted

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

I guess he went with that since SOTC was action oriented (your killing large creatures) and violent (blood spewing when you stab them) and assume males would be more into that.

But yea its his choice.

I don't think anyone's arguing that it isn't his choice.
dog

Stoney Mason

I don't have a problem with the Ueda discussion. Its just more likely imo that not much of substance will come up talking about it on GAF.

Yes his comments are silly but then its also a reality that major characters in videogames are the results of the biases of the people making the game and the economics of selling to a large audience. Hence why random generic white guy is the lead in nearly every videogame. It's not some pure art thing.

Mupepe

• Icon
finally i now can get myself a gamer girlfriend this is what i always wanted
Don't choose Syriel.  Girl is going to be fat in a few years.  She loves to eat and she plays a lot of browser games and MMOs.

Purple Filth

But yea its his choice.

I don't think anyone's arguing that it isn't his choice.

the post was more response to Bulleta about his possible reasoning, added that last line to say i agree also.

Tieno

• Iconz
i

drew

• sy
LOL OMG THAT CAT LOOKS LIKE ITS SMOKING A CIGARETTE LMFAO

Tieno

• Iconz
LOL OMG THAT CAT LOOKS LIKE ITS SMOKING A CIGARETTE LMFAO
it's not that funny, dude. It's just cute.

Way to oversell, you dweep.
i

etiolate

I don't have a problem with the Ueda discussion. Its just more likely imo that not much of substance will come up talking about it on GAF.

Yes his comments are silly but then its also a reality that major characters in videogames are the results of the biases of the people making the game and the economics of selling to a large audience. Hence why random generic white guy is the lead in nearly every videogame. It's not some pure art thing.

Yeah but I see that as a problem. I think more types of people involved in game making would create new avenues in game design, new ideas in story and gameplay ideas. The industry though is so boyish that it sort of deters that. It also is embarrassing as a gamer that this stuff is so backwards at times. I still find it weird that motion control based games are cordoned off from the rest of games, as though they are some sort of threat on games instead of traditional games looking at what they can do with a new controller. Why not merge ideas instead of this weird gamer segregation? The immaturity of the industry is holding it back. The defense of Ueda's comments act in the same way, highly threatened and resistant to these other concepts.

Stoney Mason

Yeah but I see that as a problem. I think more types of people involved in game making would create new avenues in game design, new ideas in story and gameplay ideas. The industry though is so boyish that it sort of deters that. It also is embarrassing as a gamer that this stuff is so backwards at times. I still find it weird that motion control based games are cordoned off from the rest of games, as though they are some sort of threat on games instead of traditional games looking at what they can do with a new controller. Why not merge ideas instead of this weird gamer segregation? The immaturity of the industry is holding it back. The defense of Ueda's comments act in the same way, highly threatened and resistant to these other concepts.

The people who like hardcore games are currently a certain subset of people which leads to a subset of character types. Same as with comic books, or other genres. Even movies often fall into the same trap even though its a much broader demo. So while I don't mind discussing it, I have no illusions that it's going to change anytime remotely soon. And in fact broadening the subject matter of games (which is probably the more important argument rather than the arbitrary male or female lead of a particular game) is often what upsets these very same self professed group of hardcore gamers. Look at the Wii, or facebook games, or so called casual games in general and how they are perceived. What I'm saying is GAF is one of the last places to conduct such a conversation because honestly they are part of the problem. Not the solution.

In other words I think focusing on a couple of silly statements by this dude is sort of like missing the forest for the trees
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:07:36 PM by Stoney Mason »

cool breeze

yeah, that's basically what I thought about it.

and this image from IGN sums up the gaf's general thought on women in games when they don't feign outrage:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071925p2.html

etiolate

Stoney: I think those problems is why you discuss it on GAF. I can write my blog and keep it to those in the know, but that really isn't bringing the issue up to people's faces.

cool breeze

there were thread on the subject before like: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403063

but it wasn't nearly as long because it wasn't about a japanese dude

Stoney Mason

Stoney: I think those problems is why you discuss it on GAF. I can write my blog and keep it to those in the know, but that really isn't bringing the issue up to people's faces.

And I guess what I'm saying is that if people actually cared they would have been discussing such issues before this thread where as threads like that only seem to explode or function for people to pop in and congratulate themselves on how enlightened they are.

But the larger issue for me is that I simply don't think gaf (or here) is a very good place for such conversations. But that's just a personal opinion. GAF is useful to me for talking about games and less useful when talking about "issues". And the shitty moderation only reinforces my opinion on that. But I've had my say.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
I agree with Stoney. Having those sorts of discussions on GAF is marred by overly defensive, self-proclaimed 'hardcore gamers' and other loud-mouthed idiots. I've read some interesting posts about gender studies over there though, but mostly it came out of a handful of posters like stump and opiate.

edit: just like this topic is ruined from the start by being about Ueda, the topic Linkzg posted was ruined from the start by being written by Alexander. That one wasn't long after she had been on the bombcast and everyone still had beaches in their vaginas.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:24:50 PM by Brobzoid »

drew

• sy
what about opiates?

etiolate

Well I bring up the issue and get shit for it, but I don't care. I think that its Ueda is what makes the thread as long as it is. This isn't Team Ninja, this isn't some perv in a dark corner making his games. Ueda saying it shows it as a more common way of thinking.

And strangely, there are tons of mods in that thread. Where was my help in Other M you cunts!

drew

• sy
shut up nobody cares

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
My issue is that there is even an issue. Women dont belong in my videogames. Men :bow
fat

Fresh Prince

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23650982&postcount=1565

omg himu we were meant to be together
[youtube=560,345]2Fm_-Hyuif4[/youtube]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
LOL at discussing gender issues on GAF.  GAF pretty much has two camps on the issues: the dudebros who are trying to impress other virgins and seldomlaids with testosterone fueled posts and the self loathing men who rue the day they were cursed by being born with a penis.
🍆🍆

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
My issue is that there is even an issue. Women dont belong in my videogames. Men :bow

The kid in the game is wearing a fucking dress anyway, people offended by this just need to imagine that the 10 year old kid has a pussy instead of a penis, problem solved.
Drunk

Himu

why does wu tang go with kung fu movies so well

[youtube=560,345]uLSefwsluR0[/youtube]
IYKYK

DJ_Tet

why does wu tang go with kung fu movies so well

[youtube=560,345]uLSefwsluR0[/youtube]

TIT

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

A routine traffic stop on Wednesday ended with sheriff's deputies discovering bags of cocaine and pot hidden up the driver's buttocks.

Deputies pulled the 25-year-old driver, Raymond Stanley Roberts, over in Manatee, Florida, on Wednesday morning and said they noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car.

When deputies did a search of him, they discovered a "soft object" in his buttocks. According to the report, Roberts said "let me get it" and pulled out a clear plastic bag of marijuana. When deputies asked him if he was holding anything else, Roberts said no.

But when a more thorough search was done, deputies found another bag with 27 pieces of rock cocaine hidden in Roberts's buttocks as well.

When the bag fell to the ground, Roberts told Deputies that the "white stuff is not mine, but the weed is."

Roberts was charged with possession of rock cocaine and marijuana. He was released from Manatee County Jail after posting $1,120 bond.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
or simply that he was holding it for someone else?

©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
"Well, gee, officer, I guess I don't really know HOW that cocaine got into my buttocks."
dog