Poll

What sexual dysfunction best explains Avatar fandom?

Anthropomorphilia, or being a fucking furfag
18 (27.7%)
Technophilia, or the replacing of human contact with technology
6 (9.2%)
Transsexuality, or the desire to inhabit a body different from your own
4 (6.2%)
Dysmorphilia, or finding sexual arousal in bodies different from your own
3 (4.6%)
Neophilia, or the elevation of the "new experience" above all else
8 (12.3%)
Homosexuality, or the desire to give James Cameron a reacharound
12 (18.5%)
Gaiaphilia, or being aroused by new-age mysticism
1 (1.5%)
Funkephilia, or you're afraid you just blue yourself
13 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What sexual dysfunction best explains Avatar fandom?  (Read 165244 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Re: What sexual dysfunction best explains Avatar fandom?
« Reply #300 on: January 03, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »
Up was the best animated movie I saw in 2009.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2010, 11:21:40 PM »
Ponyo was better, but Up was great.
PS4

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »
2009 was a good year for animated movies. Up, Ponyo, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and Coraline were all really good. I also here that Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs turned out to be quite enjoyable as well. And Princess and the Frog, which I haven't had a chance to see yet.
dog

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2010, 12:45:44 AM »
Wall-e was pretty boring, so I'm in no hurry to watch up.
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2010, 12:48:18 AM »
Wall-e was pretty boring, so I'm in no hurry to watch up.

:wtf
dog

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »
It was.
Drunk

cool breeze

« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2010, 01:09:32 AM »
I liked Wall-E and Ratatouille and didn't much care for Up.  I don't think it's Cars or A Bugs Life bad, but maybe on par with Monsters Inc or somewhere around there.

Solo

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2010, 07:21:36 AM »
Admittedly, I have no love for animated movies at all, but I thought Up was merely okay. Great opening, but the rest was completely forgettable.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2010, 07:51:27 AM »

:heart :heart :heart :heart
nat

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2010, 08:17:01 AM »
Up is a snoozefest.  Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was better.

far, far, far better
Tonya

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »
THE FUN FACTS:

* Avatar made an estimated $68.3 million at the domestic BO in it’s third weekend, crushing the previous record of $45 million set by Spider-Man 3.

* Avatar’s 3rd weekend is $28m larger than the all-time record January opening weekend.

* James Cameron will hold the #1 and #2 spots at the worldwide box office by the end of the week, making a grand total of $3 billion on two films.

* irfan did some compiling in terms of how long it took the top 5 grossers to hit the $1 billion mark. This is what he found:

1. Titanic took 11 weeks (final: $1.84 billion)
      2. LOTR: Return of the King took 10 weeks (final: $1.12 billion)
      3. Pirates of the Caribean: Dead Man’s Chest took 10 weeks (final: $1.07 billion)
      4. Avatar took 17 days (current total: $1.02 billion)

5. The Dark Knight only hit it with the small Janurary re-release, making just a hair over $1 billion.

* The #1 2009 domestic grosser (so far) Transformers Revenge of the Fallen took 114 days to hit $402 million. Avatar will surpass that by next weekend(21 days).
hey

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2010, 09:53:56 AM »
:usavich :avatar :usavich
:)

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2010, 10:05:34 AM »
i enjoyed it. for the previews, they showed trailers that crappy burton 3d movie and some dragon 3d movie--and the 3d in those sucked because was your standard in your face type of stuff. the movie itself luckily mostly handled it in a different, more subtle way.

btw, the kissing scene was awkward. :lol
zzz

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #313 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
I loled when Johnny Depp unfurled two rolls of cloth at the screen at the end of the Alice trailer.  Give me a break.

cool breeze

« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »
[img]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy244/koodo_bucket/29mxj5f.gif[/i

that's what I mean when I say the faces are creepy  :yuck

the worst is how white the teeth are

Tauntaun

« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »
I loled when Johnny Depp unfurled two rolls of cloth at the screen at the end of the Alice trailer.  Give me a break.

That movie looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.  :-\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »

It's a bit creepy because of how real it looks.
dog

cool breeze

« Reply #317 on: January 04, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

It's a bit creepy because of how real it looks.

nah, it's the super bright white teeth, how the face seems separated from the head, and how they tried to adapt human expressions on tall cat people which is an awkward looking design.  It and the occasional stiff body movement were the only parts didn't seem real.  That's probably why it seemed worse than it actually was, because it just stood out so much against everything else in the movie.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2010, 11:08:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm debating whether to see Up in the Air or Sherlock Holmes this week. I hear both have better screenplays than Avatar.

Sherlock Holmes was more engaging than Avatar, mostly because the script was better, and also because RDJ is far more watchable than either Sam Worthington, space elves or generic videogame marine 101.

Though Sherlock Holmes itself wasn't that great, for me it was more gratifying to sit through than Avatar.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2010, 11:09:36 AM »
I don't agree with swaggaz.
nat

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2010, 11:10:42 AM »
i thought most of it looked very convincing, actually. there were some little things that looked fake at times, though.

weaver's avatar looked fake all the time, i thought. she looked out of place. the cg on her avatar was way dodgy. and maybe it's also because her avatar's face looked too much like her or that her body was just.. too young or something?
zzz

cool breeze

« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
I thought her's was fine for.  That nerdy character whose avatar wore a vest was the worst I thought, and about that character
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Am I forgetting something or did they show him fighting without his avatar? he leaves that bunker place and you see him waddle away with a gun.  I know that he needed to be there for story reasons so Jake would be alone and defenseless, but I still don't remember him fighting as a human.
[close]

I don't agree with swaggaz.

That's fine.  I'm in the minority on this one judging from the gaf thread.

It's the inconsistency that bothers me the most.  Those were the only times in the movie when I lost the feeling of what I was watching was real.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:19:21 AM by swaggaz »

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #322 on: January 05, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
CBG

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #323 on: January 05, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »
AMC

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: January 05, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
WHAT?! Avatar doesn't use a completely original story that no one has ever experienced before?! I am SHOCKED by this stunning revelation!
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #325 on: January 05, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »
PSP

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
How long till Green Shinobi comes back?
PS4

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »
He's unbanned, but maybe he took the hint and disconnected from the Internet.
PSP

Barry Egan

« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2010, 08:38:02 PM »
from my Facebook feed:  "AVATAR in 3D makes me want to be blue too."

and a response:  "YES! and have a tail!"

Needless to say I've defriended her and everyone she associates with. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »
I would've linked the Eiffel 65 video.  She sounds stupid enough to have to be hot, right?

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2010, 03:06:44 AM »
http://twitter.com/eastonellis/status/7434282950
Quote from: Bret Easton Ellis
A lot of gays at Avatar at The Dome tonight. Well, now we know what the most popular Halloween costume in West Hollywood will be this year.
AMC

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »
I really liked the movie, sure it has all the problems mentioned but it was still great. The 3D was pretty tasteful too, though it was weird with objects in the foreground were not being in focus, which made all the "close" objects blurry.
___

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #332 on: January 06, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »
http://twitter.com/eastonellis/status/7434282950
Quote from: Bret Easton Ellis
A lot of gays at Avatar at The Dome tonight. Well, now we know what the most popular Halloween costume in West Hollywood will be this year.

Avatar is the new Rocky Horror Picture Show.
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #333 on: January 06, 2010, 09:40:14 AM »
The Politics of 'Avatar:' Conservatives Attack Film's Political Message

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9484885

ABC News
The Politics of 'Avatar:' Conservatives Attack Film's Political Message
Conservatives Take Aim at Movie's Anti-War, Nature-Loving, Religious Tone
By HUMA KHAN

Jan. 6, 2010—

James Cameron's "Avatar" may have smashed box-office records, but it's receiving less-than-stellar reviews from some conservative writers who have panned the movie's blunt political messaging.

"I call it the 'liberal tell,' where the early and obvious politics of the film gives away the entire story before the second act begins, and 'Avatar' might be the sorriest example of this yet," wrote conservative movie critic John Nolte.

Filmmaker Cameron does little to hide the political nuances in his $230 million hit, which has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide and is on its way to becoming one of the top 10 highest domestic grossing movies of all time.

From its portrayal of the greedy corporation that wants to take over the natural resources on the planet Pandora -- a not-so-subtle allusion to the likes of defense contractors Halliburton and Blackwater -- to distinct religious, anti-war and pro-environment themes, the film's political messaging has rubbed many conservatives the wrong way.

"I wasn't infuriated by 'Avatar.' I was infuriated by the way it framed the culture-war debate... as if there are no secular people on the right," Jonah Goldberg, editor-at-large of the National Review, told ABC News.

Some conservatives have panned the movie not just for its overt political tones, but its criticism of American actions.

"'Avatar' is a thinly disguised, heavy-handed and simplistic sci-fi fantasy/allegory critical of America from our founding straight through to the Iraq War," wrote Nolte. "It looks like a big-budget animated film with a garish color palette right off a hippie's tie dye shirt."

The inhabitants of the planet Pandora in the film, the Na'vi, live in harmony with their natural surroundings and have strong faith in the powers of their goddess Eywa. But the RDA corporation, run by humans, sets up shop on Pandora to exploit its mineral resources. It will do anything to obtain Pandora's "nobtainium," even if that means destroying the Na'vi, their habitat and their faith.

Some conservative writers say they are outraged by strong religious undertones in the movie.

"Like the holiday season itself, the science fiction epic is a crass embodiment of capitalistic excess wrapped around a deeply felt religious message," Conservative writer and blogger Ross Douthat wrote in an op-ed in the New York Times. "'Avatar' is Cameron's long apologia for pantheism -- a faith that equates God with Nature, and calls humanity into religious communion with the natural world."

Avatar's Political Message Irks Conservatives

Other themes in the movie have also been the subject of conservatives' ire. Travis Kavulla, an African Studies scholar, argues that the movie's depiction of Na'vi as helpless victims gives a false sense that natives are always in harmony with nature.

"When you have this complete alien species presented as a kind of the Hollywood ethics embodiment, I don't find it credible," Kavulla told ABC News. "There's this romantic notion of nature. ... It's just ridiculous to think that most indigenous people are kind of hunter gatherers who don't impact their environment."

The movie also takes takes a swipe at the Bush administration's war in Iraq, even drawing parallels to the Vietnam war, a move that Goldberg dubbed a cliche.

"There are dozens of movies that have taken shots at Bush, starting with 'Star Wars' movies," Goldberg told ABC News. "What's offensive about this is not that it's carrying an ideological agenda. It's that it's so lame. The guy is not even president anymore. ... It's bravery at the cheapest for Cameron to think, if he thinks that, this took courage on his part to make."

John Podhoretz, writing a critique for the Weekly Standard, goes so far as to call the movie "anti-American."

"The conclusion does ask the audience to root for the defeat of American soldiers at the hands of an insurgency. So it is a deep expression of anti-Americanism-kind of," Podhoretz writes.

Conservatives Pan Liberal Bias in Avatar

This is certainly not the first time a Hollywood movie has been accused of liberal bias, or criticized for its political undertones.

Some critics such as Kavulla say the movie, which is mainly about the 3D special effects, should not be taken seriously. But at the same time, some conservatives say they cannot discount its impact on pop culture.

"I think conservatives understand how influential pop culture can be," Kavulla said. "I talk to people who have not seen a movie in theaters in years. Nonetheless they are talking about their excitement ... It is a reinvented way of watching a movie."

Those on the political right don't see the movie as controversial -- in fact it may be the opposite, Goldberg said -- but there is a certain amount of sensitivity about these issues among conservatives.

"The special effects really look awesome but the story, regardless of the politic stuff, is salient. ... It's incredibly trite and cliched," said Goldberg said.

For his part, Cameron has been unabashedly open about his political intentions.

The movie is about how greed and imperialism tend to destroy the environment, in this case the "pristine" environs of Pandora, Cameron said in an interview with NBC's Today show. "It's a way of looking back at ourselves from this other world, seeing what we're doing here."

Copyright © 2010 ABC News Internet Ventures
Tonya

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
Was Green Shinobi partly banned for the posts in this thread??? that's insane
hey

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #335 on: January 06, 2010, 10:00:22 AM »
Quote from: abc news
It will do anything to obtain Pandora's "nobtainium"

lol, nice typo  :teehee

Tauntaun

« Reply #336 on: January 06, 2010, 10:01:38 AM »
Quote from: abc news
It will do anything to obtain Pandora's "nobtainium"

lol, nice typo  :teehee

:hump

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #337 on: January 06, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »

'Avatar' And Ke$ha: A Denominator In Common?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122261912

January 6, 2010

The movie Avatar has taken in $1 billion — $1 billion — at the box office in the three weeks it has been in theaters, and it's been the No. 1 movie that whole time. The No. 1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 right now is "Tik Tok," by the pop singer who goes by the single name Ke$ha.

We're here to argue that these two No. 1 smashes — the sci-fi flick and the dance-pop party song — have something in common: They're both totally derivative.

Admit it: If you've seen Avatar, weren't you sort of overwhelmed by how everything in the story has been in some other movie? Pocahontas, The Last of the Mohicans, the Smurfs. (OMG, we love the Smurfs.) It's like some unholy mashup of those movies, plus bits of Wall-E, Thundercats, Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, Lawrence of Arabia — every colonialist fantasy in which an Outsider Saves Natives, or Outsider Wants to Be a Native, or better yet Outsider Wants to Be King OF the Natives. Avatar rips off every movie in the world but Twilight.

And don't get us started on "Tik Tok."

OK, get us started. Anyway, when you listen to "Tik Tok," you can't help but notice how heavily produced that sound is — it's like Avatar, in that the process of making the thing is laid on very, very thick. You can't help but think about its production. If the medium is the message for McLuhan, then the process would seem to be the point for our friend Ke$ha.

And then there are the lyrics: "Don't stop, make it pop, DJ blow my speakers up, tonight Imma fight, 'til I see the sunlight" ... The lyrics mean nothing; the song is about nothing. Even the bridge of "Tik Tok" sounds like a bridge that's making fun of a bridge.

You build me up, you break me down, my heart it pounds, yeah you got me, with my hands up, you got that sound, yeah you got me

Bottom line: This is not a good song. But it sounds enough like a good pop song that it's hard to tell the difference. You ever see that Saturday Night Live short "Shy Ronnie," with Rihanna? This is like that.

Lyrically, Ke$ha's reference points are a weird jumble of cultural references: She calls out P. Diddy as her baller role model, and only wants to ride with boys who look like Mick Jagger? The aesthetic of her video is hardcore '80s, but her voice is totally Britney. She looks like a cracked-out Taylor Swift, and her video is like a sloppy Lady Gaga joint. She even rolls around in dollar-bill-shaped ticker tape at one point.

Now, pastiche is a tricky thing. One person's pastiche might come off as slick and smart, while another's is just derivative. Blaxploitation movies — you know, movies that took every racist stereotype that black actors had been traditionally playing in the movies and put them together into one big superfly extravaganza — made a pointed commentary on Hollywood in doing so.

What you hope for with things like "Tik Tok" and Avatar is something like that. That some genius producer, for instance, will have created this montage of tropes — one editor friend called Avatar a bunch of movie scripts in a blender — in order to make a larger point about how we can be conditioned to want the same things over and over again. Or about how repetitive our fantasies are.

The trouble with Ke$ha is that she's channeling pop and hip-hop memes without adding any personal commentary or insight of her own. And if you're just employing a bunch of played-out old tropes without trying to make a larger point, you're just tired.

Though at least you're getting us — and a lot of other people — to talk about it. And, just maybe, to spend a billion dollars to see your movie.
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #338 on: January 06, 2010, 10:16:27 AM »
Double true.
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
james cameron really did advance lcd technology

Tonya

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
The only original scifi movies this year was Moon.

:bow Moon :bow2
dog

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #341 on: January 06, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »
ergo when pdiddy sampled led zepplin for the godzilla soundtrack he exponentially became the greatest rock artist of all time
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »
 :lol

PSP

Barry Egan

« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
Avatar is more like Zeppelin. That band borrowed heavily from plenty of musicians in blues and other genres, but they made that stuff sound better than it ever had before, and as a result they're probably the best rock band of all time. Now Avatar isn't the best film of all time, or even close, but it's still a damn good one in my opinion, and apparently in plenty of other people's opinions as well.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:38:22 AM by My F*cking Grandpa »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
Yeah, I would compare Avatar to a children's movie too.
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2010, 10:39:28 AM »
It won't be long before Willco is the only person in the world that hasn't seen Avatar, but he'll still keep trying to troll it. That's dedication that should be applauded. Or pitied, I guess.
dog

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »
Yeah, I would compare Avatar to a children's movie too.

But the wrong one:

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
 :lol
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »
That band borrowed heavily from plenty of musicians

Is that how you spell "stole"? Every artist borrows from other artists, but Zeppelin outright stole songs.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2010, 10:54:27 AM »
No, I like discussing the blatant thievery perpetrated by Zeppelin over the glorification of a children's movie.
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
i wonder if this is what it was like to be harlan ellison in 1977 watching star wars make money hand over fist
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Spielberg also thought the prequels were pretty awesome. High praise, indeed.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
Worse, he praised Revenge of the Sith, which was just as bad:

Director STEVEN SPIELBERG wept at a premiere of pal GEORGE LUCAS' final STAR WARS movie EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH.
JURASSIC PARK film-maker, Spielberg was so moved by the eagerly-awaited conclusion of the sci-fi saga, he burst into tears at its screening last week

But he's unashamed by his tears, insisting fans will also cry at the end of the film, because its moving conclusion marks the end of Lucas' epic story.
Spielberg says, "I saw it about a week ago, and it's absolutely amazing.

"It's the best of the last three episodes. It's the best way you could possibly imagine for George to finish it off, it has a tremendous ending and it's very dark. You'll cry at the end, it's wonderful."

Man, Avatar must be really good! ::)
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
I'll go out on a limb and bet that he didn't praise Transformers 2.

But he did produce it.
dog

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
THE PLOT THICKENS
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
More damning evidence against Spielberg.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:03 AM »
It's how I spell "borrowed." Their songs sound vastly different than the songs they're accused of stealing.

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Anne Bredon

Babe, I'm gonna leave you,
Tell you when I'm gonna leave you,
Leave you when ol' summer-time, summer comes a-rolling,
Leave you when ol' summer comes along.

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin

Babe, baby, baby, I'm gonna leave you
I said baby, you know I'm gonna leave you
I'm leave you in the summertime
Leave you when the summer comes a-rollin'
Leave you when the summer comes along

Added some babies and changed "rolling" to "rollin'." So yeah that is vastly different. Note that Anne Bredon was uncredited and did not receive royalties until the 90s.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »
Malek, I counter your "facts" with this:

[youtube=560,345]JippcFJsSFw[/youtube]
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #358 on: January 06, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »
Quote from: Glen Shinobi
Aside from the lyrics, they're almost completely different.

Oh, Glen. Never change. :lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:21:33 AM by The Fake Shemp »
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
Aside from the lyrics, they're almost completely different.

But did they "borrow" the lyrics or "steal" them (according to the youtube clip, they were inspired by them!!)?